Reciting Surah Falaq Dream Explanation — Its reader will be protected against evil. Dream Interpreter: Ibn Sirin
Reading Dream Explanation — Reading the front page of a letter, a paper, or a book in a dream means receiving an inheritance. Reading the last page, or the back cover of a book in a dream means indebtedness. Reading a book in a dream also means receiving an inheritance. If one finds himself as a lettered person and if he reads well in his dream, it means that he will attain a high ranking job. If one sees himself reading his book of records in a dream, it means that he will repent for his sins. Dream Interpreter: Ibn Sirin
Reading Dream Explanation — Reading a book in another language in a dream means travelling to such a country, or going to places one is not familiar with and performing a job that will earn him fame. If one sees himself reading a book in a foreign language and is unable to properly decipher its words in a dream, it means that he will escape from a potential danger he could face in such a land, or it could mean falling sick in a foreign country, then recovering from one's illness before returning to one's homeland. (Also see Language; Quranic recital; Reckoning) Dream Interpreter: Ibn Sirin
Incident - Shaikh Salim Bin Tsa and reading Qur'an Dream Explanation — I was then led into an abode where I heard the voices of Qur'an readers. I stood there shaking. I then heard a voice saying to me: 'Be at peace. Rise there and read.' I turned my face to the direction of the voice and saw a pulpit made from white pearls. One step is made from red sapphire, and another is made from green chrysolite. Then I was told: 'Rise and read.' So I did, and I read Al-An'am chapter, not knowing before whom I am reading. When I reached verse sixty-one, reading: 'And He is the irresistible Lord, Who watches from above over His creation...' (Qur'an 6:61), the voice then said: 'Oh Hamza, Am I not the irresistible Lord, Who watches from above over His creation?' I said: 'Indeed. Thou speaks the truth.' Then I read Al-A'raf chapter to its last verse, which says: 'Those who are near to their Lord, do not disdain to worship Him. Dream Interpreter: Ibn Sirin
Incident - Shaikh Salim Bin Tsa and reading Qur'an Dream Explanation — They celebrate His praises, and bow down in prostration before Him.' (Qur'an 7:206). As I intended to prostrate before my Lord, my Lord said: 'Sufficient is the reading. Do not prostrate here.' He continued: 'Oh Hamza, who taught you how to read this?' I replied: 'Sulaiman.' He said: 'True. Who taught Sulaiman?' I replied: 'Yahya.' He said: 'True. Who taught Yahya?' I replied: 'Abi Abdu-Rahman.' He said: 'True. Who taught Abi Abdu-Rahman?' I replied: 'Ali Bin Abi Talib, the cousin of Thy Prophet.' He said: 'Ali spoke the truth. Who taught Ali?' I replied: 'Thy Prophet, Sallallaahu-Alayhi-wasallam.' He said: 'My Prophet spoke the truth. Who taught My Prophet?' I replied: 'Gibreel, Alayhi-Salam.' He continued: 'And Who taught Gibreel?' I remained silent. Dream Interpreter: Ibn Sirin
Incident - Shaikh Salim Bin Tsa and reading Qur'an Dream Explanation — He said: 'Oh Hamza, say You.' I replied: 'Lord, I cannot say that!' He again said: 'Say You.' I said: 'You.' He said: 'You spoke the truth Hamza. I swear by the Qur'an, I shall honor its readers and particularly those who lived by it and acted with it. Oh Hamza, the Qur'an is My Word, and I love no one better than the people of the Qur'an. Oh Hamza, come nearer.' So I did, and my Lord anointed me with a musky ambergris. Then He added: Oh Hamza. This is not only for you. I did the same to your companions who are higher than you and to those who are lower than you, as well as to those who read the Qur'an like you and who seek no reward except Me. Dream Interpreter: Ibn Sirin
Incident - Shaikh Salim Bin Tsa and reading Qur'an Dream Explanation — Shaikh Salim Bin Tsa once visited Hamza Bin Al-Habib Al-Zayyat, God bless his soul, who had memorized the Holy Qur'an and read it with great devotion, seeking God's pleasure, and saw him crying and rubbing his cheeks with dust. He exclaimed: "I call upon God's protection for you. Oh Hamza, what is this crying?" Hamza replied: "Last night, I saw in a dream that the Day of Resurrection took place. The readers of the Qur'an were called in to stand before God Almighty, and I was among them. I then heard an amiable voice saying: 'Only those who lived by the Qur'an should enter.' I was in shock, so I began to withdraw. A voice called my name: "Where are you going to, Oh Hamza Bin Al-Zayyat?' I cried out: 'At thy command, Oh caller to my Lord.' An angel then said to me: 'Say: At Thy command Oh my Lord, At Thy command.' So I repeated what the angel told me to say. Dream Interpreter: Ibn Sirin
Incident - Shaikh Salim Bin Tsa and reading Qur'an Dream Explanation — What I have reserved for you is still greater than this. So tell your friends about Me and about My love for the people of the Qur'an, for they are the chosen and elite. Oh Hamza, I swear by My Glory and Majesty, I shall never punish a tongue that recited the Qur'an, nor a heart that understood it, nor an ear that heard it, nor an eye that looked at it.' I said: 'Glory be to Thee, Oh my Lord.' God Almighty added: 'Who are the people of the Qur'an?' I said: 'Those who memorize it, my Lord?' He said: 'Indeed. Such people. I am on their side until they meet with Me on the Day of Judgement. When they come before Me, I shall raise them a station for each verse they learned.'" Hamza, God be pleased with him continued: "Thus, would you blame me if I cry and rub my cheeks with dust?" Dream Interpreter: Ibn Sirin
Quranic Verses Dream Explanation — • Reading verses on torture and being unable to read the ones on compassion and mercy when the dreamer reaches them: Hardships will continue.
• Reading “Ayatul Kursi,” the 255th verse of “Surat Al-Baqarah” (The Cow or the Heifer), very much in use for exorcism: Will be safe from plagues, desires will be fulfilled will be cured if ill, prestige would be enhanced and will be more intelligent and blessed with a strong memory.
• A verse of the Holy Quran written on one’s shirt: The dreamer abides strictly by the tenets of the Holy Book. Dream Interpreter: Various Islamic Scholars
Reference book Dream Explanation — (Compilation; Encyclopedia; Quranic commentaries; Manual; Journal; Papers; Rare book; Source book) Reading any reference book, Quranic commentaries, or compilation of the prophetic sayings in a dream means correcting one's actions and thoughts and walking on the straight path. Reading the studies of religious scholars or science books in a dream means acquiring knowledge and benefiting from it. Reading history books or journals in a dream means becoming close to people in the government. Reading a book on logic, rhetorics or explicative apposition in a dream means working in an amazing field of science and discoveries. Dream Interpreter: Ibn Sirin
Quranic recital Dream Explanation — Hearing, or reading any Quranic chapter which is customarily read for a deceased person in a dream, signifies the death of a sick person in that family. Professional Quran readers in a dream represent the leading people of the society. To hear a professional Quranic recital in a dream means that people in authority will soon gather in the place where the recital is seen in one's dream. If one sees himself reading his book of records on the Day of Judgment in a dream, and if he is an unlettered person in wakefulness, it means that he will become rich after having suffered from poverty, and that he will answer all the questions he will be asked on the Day of Reckoning, or that he will be protected by Allah Almighty from what he fears most. This happens if one's reading of his own records is positive, but if it reads his sins and pitfalls in the dream, then it denotes distress, trouble, or sufferings. (Also see Holy Book; Reading) Dream Interpreter: Ibn Sirin
Quranic Verses Dream Explanation — • Seeing a dead person reading or reciting “Ayat Al Rahma” or verses referring to God’s compassion and mercy: The dead person is enjoying God’s mercy.
• Seeing a dead person reading or reciting verses alluding to God’s punishment: He is tortured by God.
• Verses implying a warning: Beware of committing sins.
• Verses referring to good tidings: Welfare is ahead.
• Dreaming that you are reading verses about the tortures God is reserving for the unbelievers and stumbling over one of them (being unable to read it): Joy. Dream Interpreter: Various Islamic Scholars
Quran Dream Explanation — If one sees himself reciting the Quran and understanding what it says in a dream, it denotes his vigilance, intelligence, faith and spiritual awareness. If a Quranic verse is recited to someone, and if he does not agree with the divine judgement in the dream, it means that he will suffer harm from someone in authority, or that a punishment from Allah Almighty will soon befall him. If an unlettered person sees himself reading the holy Quran in a dream, it could also mean his death, or his reading of his own records. If one sees himself reading the holy Quran without true interest in it in a dream, it means that he follows his own mind, personal interpretations and innovations. If one sees himself eating the pages of the holy Quran in a dream, it means that he earns his livelihood from his knowledge of it. Dream Interpreter: Ibn Sirin
Donkey Dream Explanation — • A donkey that goes along well or keeps the pace: The best of this world.
• A saddled donkey: A child with a golden spoon (born and living in prosperity).
• A donkey with a long tail: The dreamer’s empire or tradition will be preserved by his successors.
• Death of a donkey: The owner will die, will be isolated, or will lose his money and his business or his shop will be destroyed or he will be ousted from it. Otherwise, the slave who serves him or his father or grandfather who supported him will pass away, his endeavours will fade, or his master, who was under his spell will die, sell him, or go away. For a woman, her husband will divorce her, die, move away, or travel and leave her behind.
• A donkey whose owner is unknown and which, instead of obeying, keeps braying: An ignorant and loud person in view of a verse of the Holy Quran that reads as follows: “Be modest in thy bearing and subdue thy voice. Lo! the harshest of all voices is the voice of the ass.” (“Surat Luqman,” verse 19.) According to the ancient Arabs, it could also be a reference to Jews: “The likeness of those who are entrusted with the Law of Moses, yet apply it not, is as the likeness of the ass carrying books. Wretched is the likeness of folk who deny revelations of Allah. And Allah guideth not wrongdoing folk.” (“Surat Al-Jumuah” [The Congregation], verse 5.) Dream Interpreter: Various Islamic Scholars
Quran Dream Explanation — If one sees himself completing the reading of the entire Quran in a dream, it means that a splendid reward from his Lord is awaiting him, and that he will get whatever he asks for. If a disbeliever sees himself reading the holy Quran in a dream, the verses of admonition will help him in his life, the verses of punishment will be his warning from Allah Almighty and the parables will denote his need to contemplate the meaning. If one sees himself writing the verses of the holy Quran on slabs of a mother of pearl, or on a piece of cloth in a dream, it means that he interprets it according to his own liking. If one sees himself inscribing a Quranic verse on the ground in a dream, it means that he is an atheist. It is also said that reading the Quran in a dream means fulfillment of one's needs, clearing of one's heart and establishment of one's success in his life. Dream Interpreter: Ibn Sirin
Zikr Dream Explanation — (Hymn; Remembrance of Allah; Songs of Allah's love; Supplications) If one sees himself in a dream participating in a circle of people remembering Allah Almighty, or calling upon His most beautiful name, or invoking His divine attributes, or reading the Quran, or reciting devotional songs, it means that such location will be built as a holy place to celebrate Allah's praises. The goodness of that place depends on the quality of reading, or the degree of devotion seen in the dream. When it is an ascetic song in the dream, it means that one's deputyship is established correctly, but if one sees himself singing a sensual love song, then it means temptations. Dream Interpreter: Ibn Sirin
Quranic recital Dream Explanation — Reading the holy Quran or part of it in a dream means rising in station, gaining power, repenting from sins, prosperity, paying one's debts, witnessing the truth, or delivering a trust to its rightful owner. Reciting the holy Quran with a beautiful voice in a dream means honor, dignity and good fame. Reading the holy Quran and adding one's own words to it in a dream means wavering from the truth, or betraying one's promise or covenant. If in the latter case one does not understand the meaning of what he is saying in the dream, it means that he will give a false testimony in a court of justice, or that he will be involved in something evil the consequences of which cannot be foreseen. If one sees people listening to his recital of the Quran in a dream, it means that he will command a job, and that people will follow his instructions. Dream Interpreter: Ibn Sirin
Quran Dream Explanation — (Also see Quranic Verses and Sarah's.)
• Reading the Holy Quran openly: Trustworthiness, righteousness, virtue, and deterrence from vice in view of certain verses in the Holy Book itself: “They are not alike. Of the People of the Scripture there is a staunch community who recite the revelations of Allah all night long, falling prostrate (before Him). They believe in Allah and the Last Day, and enjoin right conduct and forbid indecency, and vie one another in good work. They are of the righteous.” (“Al-‘Imram” [The Imran Family], verses 113–14.)
• Reading in a Mushaf : Will acquire wisdom, dignity, and good repute and faith will be strengthened. The Mushaf in general, represents wisdom.
• Buying a Mushaf: The dreamer’s religious knowledge will expand and spread, and he will benefit others.
• Selling a Mushaf: The dreamer will indulge in sins and abominations.
• Burning a Mushaf: The dreamer will lose religious faith. Dream Interpreter: Various Islamic Scholars
Reciting Surah Muminoon Dream Explanation — Reading it is an indication that he loves offering long prayers and displaying his submission to Allah during the nights. But there is fear that he will be afflicted with some serious illness. Dream Interpreter: Ibn Sirin
Khanqah Dream Explanation — (Cave; Den; Harbor; lodge; Refuge; Retreat; Sanctuary) Visiting a Khanqah in a dream means travels, asceticism, piety, fear of wrongdoing, reading the Quran, ceasing to seek worldly gains, observing sexual abstinence, or it could mean suffering from asphyxia. Dream Interpreter: Ibn Sirin