Yusuf Dream Explanation — • Seeing Yusuf’s shirt: (1) No more worries or sorrow and recovery from ailments. (2) If the shirt is stained with blood, it means separation and imprisonment. (3) If the shirt is torn, it means an accusation.
• A woman dreaming of Yusuf: Her welfare will go, doors will be slammed in her face, and she will turn blind, but she will be full of love for able people. If the dreamer is already in trouble, the reverse will happen: If single, she will get married; if poor, she will become prosperous; and she will be lucky in this life and in the Hereafter.
• Someone wishing to marry or have sex with a woman or to buy a pretty slave girl seeing Yusuf: Will succeed.
Yusuf Dream Explanation — The prophet Yusuf (Joseph) talking to the dreamer or giving him something: Will become an expert in the interpretation of dreams, as well as history and its chronology.
• Seeing Yusuf: (1) The science of dream interpretation. (2) Kingship and succession. (3) The loss of one’s family, children, and other relatives. (4) A machination against the dreamer. (5) Drought and high prices, as was the case in his time.63 (6) Prison and release from prison. (7) Luck with women, as Yusuf is said to have been of an unequalled beauty. (8) Victory over the enemy, followed by a pardon. (9) An allusion to seas, rivers, and drainage facilities. (10) The transportation of the remains of dead persons from one country to another. (11) An outstanding miracle such as the one that happened to Yusuf’s father when he recovered his eyesight and he received the shirt sent to him by his son. (12) Will be the least lucky among his brothers, who will be so wicked as to let him go to jail, but he will then be saved by God, his brothers, will submit to his authority, and he will forgive them along with other enemies.
Yusuf Dream Explanation — (See Joseph)
Incident - seeing Five Fingers cut off Dream Explanation — After hearing the dream, Shaikh Yusuf, God bless his soul, smiled and said: "It is not like you think, but if I tell you the meaning of your dream, you must give me a good reward." The governor thus obliged. Shaikh Yusuf, then said: "Are you negligent of your five times prayers?" The governor replied in the affirmative. Shaikh Yusuf continued: "This the meaning of your dream, so repent to God Almighty, and be steadfast in your religion."
Joseph Dream Explanation — See Yusuf.
Falling into the Well Dream Explanation — Climbing down into the well falling into it means he will be afflicted with grief and sorrow but will eventually witness happiness and joy due to his victory. This is in the light of the story of Hazrath Yusuf (AS).
Grape Dream Explanation — • Dreaming of black grapes: Flogging or lashes as much as there were seeds in the grapes.
• Picking a bunch of black grapes from a tree: Wife will give birth to a boy fathered by a black bondsman.
• Picking a bunch of grapes: The dreamer will take his wife’s savings.
• Pressing grape to obtain juice and turning the latter into wine: The dreamer will win the favours of the chief, along with unblessed money, in view of the story of the Prophet Yusuf as related in the Holy Quran: “And two young men went to prison with him. One of them said: I dreamed that I was pressing wine. The other said: I dreamed that I was carrying upon my head bread whereof the birds were eating. Announce unto us the interpretation, for we see thee of those good [at interpretation]. He said: The food which ye are given [daily] shall not come unto you but I shall tell you the interpretation ere it cometh unto you. This is of that which my Lord hath taught me … O my fellow-prisoners! As for one of you, he will pour out wine for his lord to drink; and as for the other, he will be crucified so that the birds will eat from his head. Thus is the case judged concerning which ye did inquire.” (“Yusuf [Joseph], verses 36–41.)
Prison Dream Explanation — • Choosing one’s jail: God will save the dreamer from the malice of a woman who is tempting him to falter in view of the Quranic verse: “He said: Oh my Lord! Prison is more dear than that unto which they urge me, and if Thou fend not off their wiles from me I shall incline unto them and become of the foolish.” (“Yusuf” [Joseph], verse 33.)
• Building prisons: The dreamer will build cities.
Imprisonment Dream Explanation — Imprisonment symbolizes humiliation and deep worries.
• A well-known ruler or governor ordering that the dreamer be sequestered, remanded in custody, or thrown in jail: Deep worries or captivity.
• Being put in jail: Will go to a great king and become more pious (as was the case with the Prophet Yusuf [Joseph]).
Incident - seeing Five Fingers cut off Dream Explanation — The governor of Alexandria was tried once with extreme attachment and love for his five children. All five were steadfast in their religious commitment. One night, the governor saw in a dream as though his five fingers were cut off. He woke up extremely disturbed and told his five children his dream. The children called in a dream interpreter called Sheikh Yusuf Al-Karbouni at once.
Quran Dream Explanation — • Using the Quran as a pillow: The dreamer does not respect and preserve properly his Mushaf, despite the injunction by the Holy Prophet not to do so.
• A person with bad memory having managed to memorize the Holy Quran: The dreamer will become a king (or almost), owing to the verse that reads as follows: “He said: Set me over the storehouses of the land. Lo! I am a skilled custodian.” (“Yusuf’ [Joseph], verse 55.) In Arabic, the verbs for to “memorize” and “to preserve” are homonyms.)
Wolf Dream Explanation — The wolf symbolizes an unjust enemy, a liar, a thief, or a treacherous, wicked, and deceitful friend.
• A wolf entering one’s house: A thief will break in.
• A wolf changing into another kind of docile animal: A thief who will halt his activities and repent.
• Raising a baby wolf: Will bring up a foundling, the child of a thief who will ultimately destroy the dreamer’s home and squander his money.
• Seeing a wolf: Will accuse an innocent man, in view of the story of the prophet Yusuf (Joseph) to this effect.
Well Dream Explanation — The well symbolizes the patriarch of the family, in view of its importance, or the dreamer’s wife, because he sends his bucket and rope dangling in it. Likewise, it contains water, like a childbearing woman. Besides, the word for well is feminine in Arabic. It could also refer to everyone or everything useful in the house. When it refers to a woman, it is usually a smiling and optimistic one.
• A sick person falling in an unknown well: Will die.
• Getting water from an unknown well: Wife will give birth to a boy in view of the Quranic verse: “And there came a caravan, and they sent their water-drawer. He let down his pail (into the pit). He said: Good luck! Here is a youth. And they hid him as a treasure, and Allah was aware of what they did.” (“Yusuf” [Joseph], verse 19.)
Corn Dream Explanation — The green ear or spike of corn symbolizes the fertility of the year. But it could also mean the death or killing of young people. Yellow spikes refer to the demise of the elderly. The dry or dead corn standing on its stem is a sterile year, in view of verses 43 to 49 in the Quranic surah, or chapter, on Yusuf (Joseph). And the king said: Lo! I saw in a dream seven fat kine which seven lean were eating, and seven green ears of corn and other (seven) dry. O notables! Expound for me my vision, if ye can interpret dreams. They answered: Jumbled dreams! And we are not knowing in the interpretation of dreams. And he of the two who was released, and (now) at length remembered, said: I am going to announce unto you the interpretation, therefore send me forth.
House Dream Explanation — • Carrying a house: Will sustain a woman.
• Reclining on a house: A woman will cater to the dreamer’s livelihood.
• Entering a house and the doors getting locked behind: Will refrain from disobeying God in view of a verse in the Holy Quran: “And she, in whose house he was, asked of him an evil act. She bolted the doors and said: Come! He said: I seek refuge in Allah!…” (“Yusuf’ [Joseph], verse 23.)
• Getting out of a narrow house: Worries will be left behind. A house without a roof wherefrom the dreamer could see the sun rising or the moon: A woman will get married therein.
• Seeing a tunnel under the house: A cunning man, especially if the tunnel was made of concrete or clay, in which case it would mean that the man’s wickedness is in the religious field.
Joseph Dream Explanation — (Allah's prophet Joseph, Alayhi-Salam; arb. Yusuf) Seeing Allah's prophet Joseph (Alayhi-Salam) in a dream means attaining high rank or a vice-regency. Seeing him (Alayhi-Salam) in a dream also could denote a time of rising prices, drought, loss of one's family, or suffering from people's stratagem, entering a prison, then be released by Allah's grace. It also denotes one's luck with women and adversities related to one's beauty and good character. Seeing Allah's prophet Joseph in a dream also means acquiring knowledge about dream interpretation, or catching one's enemy, then forgiving him, or digging a river, a water irrigation, or transporting dead people from one country to another.
Cow Dream Explanation — The cow symbolizes the year in view of the story of Yusuf (Joseph) in the Holy Quran. A fat cow is a fertile year and a thin one an austere year. It also represents wealth and prestige and a woman, par excellence, commensurate with her shape. A milk cow is a useful woman. A cow with horns is a woman of marginal value. The cow’s belly symbolizes assets without value, her navel string the wife’s umbilical cord or an allusion to the wife’s pregnancy. A lost cow is a wife lost to her husband.
• Trying to milk a cow that prevents the dreamer from doing so by using her horns: The dreamer’s wife will hate him and rebel against him. If the cow accepts, in the dream, being milked by another man, that man is betraying the dreamer with his wife.
• A cow with a blaze (white color) on her face: Hardships at the beginning of the year, as the word forefront—in Arabic ghorra—is the homonym for beginning.
• A yellow or black cow: A year full of prosperity and joy.