Lion Dream Explanation — • Riding on a lion’s back: Will ride on a high tide, either by travelling by sea in the inappropriate season when the sea is in fury or by succeeding or outsmarting the ruler. The dreamer might also be facing a situation wherein he stands helpless, hence the wishful dream.
• Riding on a subdued or perfectly obedient lion: Will have the upper hand in a feud with a tyrant.
• Riding on a lion but being afraid of it: Harm will befall the dreamer, or he will face some hard test.
• Fighting a lion: Will fight an enemy, a ruler, the authority, or whatever the lion stands for.
• Killing a lion: The end of all sorrows.
• Being overpowered by a lion: Will have a fever because, says Ibn Siren, the lion is known to be feverish.
Lion Dream Explanation — • Escaping from a lion without the latter running after the dreamer to catch him: Will evade an imminent danger.
• Eating lion meat or drinking lioness milk: Will get money from a ruler and triumph over one’s enemy.
• Eating lioness meat: Will wield tremendous power or become a great king.
• Cutting off a lion’s head: Will become a king or have a fantastic influence.
• Lion skin: The enemy’s money.
• Herding lions: Will befriend kings and terrible personalities.
• Mixing or having intercourse with a lion: Will be secure from the enemy’s evil and hostility will cease, to be replaced by a lasting friendship.
• Turning into a lion: Will become unjust inasmuch as the lion appeared ferocious.
Lion Dream Explanation — • Seeing a lion entering a house where a person is ill: The patient will die.
• A lion intruding in one’s house: Hardship on the part of the chief. If the beast suddenly devours the dreamer, he will be the victim of an injustice, his money will be stolen, or he will be beaten or killed at the hands of the ruler, especially if he dreamed that his soul had left his body or that his head had been cut off.
• Receiving a lion and seeing it in one’s place without bothering with it: Will be scared to death by the sultan, but no real harm will occur.
• A lion entering the city: A plague, hardships, a tyrant, or an enemy.
• A lion entering the mosque and standing at the minbar or podium: A tyrant will emerge and will terrorize and harm people.
Lion Dream Explanation — Sleeping beside a lion in a dream means safety from illness, or protection from one's enemy. If one sees a lion inside his own house in a dream, it means that he will gain the upper hand, or it could represent longevity and a high position in the world. A lion entering a town in a dream means a plague that will strike such a town. (Also see Lioness)
Lion Dream Explanation — (A tyrant; An unjust ruler; Death; Healing from a sickness; Receiving an inheritance) A lioness in a dream represents ignorance, pride, affectation and perfidy. Seeing a lion without being seen, means escape from harm one may fear, attaining knowledge and growing in wisdom. A struggle with a lion that does not lead to one's death in a dream means observing a long lasting diet caused by an illness. If one fights with a lion and eats or snatches off a piece of his flesh, bones or hair in a dream, it means that he will attain success, leadership, wealth or conquer his enemy.
Lion Dream Explanation — The lion is a ruler, a tyrant, or a powerful and very dangerous person, in view of the ferocity and devastating anger of that animal. It also symbolizes the warrior, the swindler, the thief, the treacherous worker, the policeman, the insatiable enemy, and perhaps hardships and death, because he who stares at it turns pale, loses his self-control, and is as good as dead, says Ibn Siren. Furthermore, it represents the ruler who embezzles public funds and commits injustice and the lurking enemy. The lioness symbolizes the daughter of a king. The baby lion (lion’s whelp or cub) is a boy. A man told Ibn Siren, “I dreamed that I was embracing and nursing a baby lion.” When the great seer looked at him, saw his humble appearance and miserable garments, and understood that he could not be eligible for any honour, he said, “What could you possibly have to do with the children of princes?!” and he added, “Is your wife, by chance, breast-feeding the son of a prince?” “Yes,” was the reply.
A She-Lion Dream Explanation — Eating or acquiring the head of a she-lion means the acquiring of vast lands and estates.
Lion Dream Explanation — It symbolises a powerful and strong enemy. Fighting with a lion means one will soon fight an enemy that is strong and powerful.
Riding a Lion Dream Explanation — Riding a lion and directing it to go wherever one pleases means one will soon be endowed with power and one's enemy will soon be subdued.
Facing a Lion Dream Explanation — Facing or encountering a lion without becoming embroiled in a fight means a person will soon be terrorized by an authority or a powerful man. But no harm will come to him.
The Skin of the Lion Dream Explanation — It symbolises the estates and inheritance of some brave, dignified and powerful person.
Eating Lion Meat Dream Explanation — The one who eats the meat will receive riches from some authority or a powerful person.
Tongue Dream Explanation — One's tongue in a dream also symbolizes a milk suckling baby, a lion in his den, or an intelligent warrior. Thus, if one lets a lion out of a lair in a dream, it denotes his tongue, or hurting people's feeling or reputation with one's tongue. If one sees himself without a tongue in a dream, it may mean the death of an infant. If one has to appear in court and sees his tongue cut off in a dream, it means that his proof will be rejected by the judge. If only the side of one's tongue is cut off in a dream, it means that he has doubts about the testimony of his witness. If he is a merchant, it means that he will lose an important business deal. If he is a student, it means that he will not complete his schooling. It is also said that when one's tongue is cut off in a dream, it means that he is a forbearing person.
Wool Dream Explanation — Wool symbolizes plenty of money, like any woollen, hairy, cotton, or linen clothes.
• Sleeping on wool: Will obtain money from a woman or through her.
• Wool burning: Corrupt religious faith and possible bankruptcy.
• A scholar wearing wool: Will become ascetic.
• A dog wearing wool: A mean person is receiving money from an honest man.
• A lion wearing wool: The ruler promotes justice and equity.
• A lion wearing cotton or linen clothes: The ruler is a tyrant who despoils people of their money and abuses their women.
Lioncloth Dream Explanation — (See Blanket; Lion)
Wool Dream Explanation — Wearing a woollen cloak with nothing under it in a dream means receiving money from a noble and a well respected person. A dog wearing sheepskin in a dream represents a lowly person who subsidizes his business through a well known and a respected person. If one sees a lion wearing a sheepskin in a dream, the lion here represents a tyrant who confiscates people's money and property. Wool in a dream also represents purity, clarity and asceticism, except if the wool is coarse or unsuitable to wear, then it means poverty or humiliation. (Also see Spinning)
Tiger Dream Explanation — In dreams the tiger is considered as a lion and a tigress as a lioness. But, in addition, a tiger symbolizes an immoral and spiteful person who does not speak out his mind, a lurking and treacherous individual, and an enemy who does not conceal his animosity or his influence.
Lioness Dream Explanation — In a dream, a lioness represents an evil woman, or a despot who is also affectionate toward her cubs, or she could represent the daughter of a king or a ruler. Sleeping with a lioness in a dream means conquering one's enemy. Eating the flesh of a lioness in a dream means that one may become wealthy. (Also see Lion)
Wrestling match Dream Explanation — In a dream, a wrestling match means a dispute between two people, even if it were between a man and a lion. The winner's stand in a dream is always better than that of the loser. If the match is between two men, then the one who challenges in the dream will be the loser in wakefulness. (Also see Wrestling)
Policeman Dream Explanation — He also may represent an evil person, a perfidious and a harmful beast or a lion. If someone in authority sees himself befriending a policeman in a dream, it means that he will make a new covenant, or introduce an amendment to the law, or draft a new constitution which he will sign. If one sees himself putting a policeman in prison in a dream, it means that he will engage in a political fight. (Also see Crocodile; Lieutenant; Mercury)