Women Dream Explanation
— The sight of a woman, in general, is a good augury, especially if she is sprightly, adorned, and complacent, with a smiling face. And the best woman to be seen in a dream is the unknown, young, virtuous, and very dark-skinned Arab woman, according to Ibn Siren. An unknown old and ugly or imperfect woman symbolizes life on earth, which is the essence of temptation and intrigue. Such a life appeared to the Holy Prophet in the shape of a woman when he ascended beyong heaven, one night, to meet Allah. Hence the belief that women
are temptation and intrigue. Similarly, worldly life was seen by many people in their dreams as an old, imperfect woman. It follows that a poor man dreaming that such a woman is considering his situation should expect luck to smile on him again. Flowers in his garden will blossom, his dead fields will start greening again, and he will become self-sufficient. If ill, he shall recover. If forgetful of life after death, he shall come back to his senses. The same dream applied to the public means that the people will reap harvest during the year in which they had lost hope or in the year that immediately follows it. It could also mean that a spreading and vicious war will come to an end and that normalcy will be restored.
• An unveiled and adorned old woman: A sign that success will be quick.
• A grim-faced old woman: Prestige will go.
• An ugly old woman: Things will turn upside-down to the dreamer’s detriment.
• A naked old woman: Scandal.
• A veiled old woman: Regret.
• An old woman entering the dreamer’s house: Luck and success in life.
• An old woman leaving the dreamer’s house: Will lose everything on earth.
• An old Muslim woman: An honest life.
• An old non-Muslim woman: A life full of sins.
• An old woman complying with the dreamer’s desires: Objectives will be fulfilled insomuch as she was complacent.
• An old woman disobeying the dreamer’s orders despite his pleas and insistence: Hurdles. The dream is more likely to come true if the old woman was an unidentified one. However, Sheikh Abdul Ghani Al-Nabulsi has a completely different concept of dreams involving old women
, a concept the author of this book finds more rational, since the Arabic word for old woman is ajouz from ajz, which means “incapacity” or “inability.” It follows that an old woman represents: (1) Incapacity, especially if she appears sick. (2) Declining fortune. (3) Sorrow. (4) The Hereafter, since senility is the reverse of liveliness. (5) Wine, since in Arabic the word khamr, or wine, could refer to an old woman.60 (6) A cow, since again in Arabic, an old woman is sometimes referred to as a cow. (7) Wickedness and deceit. (8) Gossip. (9) Fertility after despair. (10) Sterile land.
• A thirsty old woman: Drought.
• A weak old woman: A year of drought. The reverse is also true.
• A rejuvenated old woman: The end of drought.
• An old woman entering a patient’s room: Possible death.
• An old woman coming to a pregnant lady: Good augury, because old women
traditionally look after children and mothers after delivery.
• A man handling some important matter dreaming that he was in the company of or having sex with an old woman: Will fail and objectives will not be fulfilled.
• A veiled old woman with only the eyes visible: Hardships and regret.
• An ugly old woman: Intrigue and war.
• An old atheist woman: Illicit gains.
• An armed old woman: Lawful gains and joy.
• A woman dreaming that she had become old: Prestige, respect, and virtue.
• An unknown old woman: A dry year.
• People marvelling at an old woman descending from heaven: The year of the dreamer’s gains.
• An old woman having ceased to have sex dreaming that her vigour and sexual passion are back and that she is having legitimate intercourse: Will be more successful in both religious and worldly matters. In the event of forbidden sex she will be more successful only in earthly matters.
• A smiling and enthusiastic young woman flirting with the dreamer or allowing him to dominate or command her: Marriage or recovery from a stomach or any other disease.
• An unknown young, beautiful, neat, pious, and almost ascetic woman: The Hereafter and whatever is done to merit Paradise, such as honest living, good deeds, et cetera. But she could also symbolize: (1) Ephemeral life. (2) Money or assets that do not stay, as beauty withers away. (3) Dead earth. (4) A devastated house.
• A known woman with the above description: A reference to the person herself, a lady sharing the same name or who resembles her, or her opposite number.
• Seeing a woman so beautiful that the dreamer imagines her to be a creature from Paradise as described in the Holy Quran (houreyyah, or nymph with enormous black and pristine eyeballs contrasting with her skin, like a deer): Will die as a martyr for the sake of God.
• Seeing an earthly creature with that description: Being saved from any kind of trouble, money, a ship, a camel, or a caravan, et cetera, the dreamer will come back from a journey bringing welfare; any wish or request will be granted by the ruler or chief; crops will grow; and so on and so forth.
• A perfect woman: An allusion to what her name refers to on earth or in the other world, for a woman is a world in herself or to whoever enters her life; she is delight and passion and ecstasy. In terms of the Hereafter, she reforms her man on the religious plane. She could also symbolize power or the ruler or chief himself, because she governs her man by enticing him and arousing his passion, making him strive and toil like a slave to try to make her happy. Analogies are also drawn between women
and earth and the grave, as man comes from earth and returns to it; gardens, the fruit-bearing tree; the year (in view of what it conceives and delivers); cows (because of the milk) and ewes; the rain; and, revolting as it may seem to contemporary women’s liberation activists, anything that a man rides or steps on or that is hollow like a box, or used for storage, be it a ship, an animal, a sole or a complete shoe, a carpet or rug, or a sink. She is also represented by a glass bottle and by the toilet. Likewise, the woman symbolizes the prison; the partner, as she shares man’s wealth and pleasure; any secret, the underwear; the ink pot; and the seat.
• Talking to or mixing, joking, or playing with a pretty woman who has entered one’s house: (1) A fruitful year. (2) Welfare and joy. (3) An end to poverty and to poor luck. (4) Liberation from prison.
• A woman commanding people and inviting them to obey God: Piety.
• An authoritarian woman addressing the public and telling them what they should and what they should not do: Religious benefit.
• A woman as described above opposing the public or touching or kissing the audience or showing her private parts: Intrigue or a proving matter in which those seen getting anything from her will perish in view of verse 35 of the Quranic chapter “Al-Anbiyae” (The Prophets), which says: “Every soul must taste of death, and We try you with evil and with good, for ordeal. And unto Us ye will be returned.”
• A large number of women
being moved to a certain place on horse or camelback and carrying weapons or tools: Workers will flock to the area.
• Having a dispute with a woman, especially if she holds a public post or enjoys a high social position, then resenting her: (1) Will lose one’s bread. (2) Will fade out. (3) Well-being and power will wane, but after a while everything will be back to normal.
• Seeing a dishevelled woman—an absolute stranger: Will imminently lose something. But if she is pretty, will find it again.
• Kissing a lady: Will lose something.
• Having sex with a woman: Bad omen.
• Carrying a beautiful woman: (1) Recovery from a disease. (2) Release from prison. (3) Relief.
• A religious-minded man seeing an adulteress or an atheistic woman: Good augury and blessings.
• A profligate seeing an adulteress or a dissolute woman: His faith will weaken further; he will indulge in sins, vice, and evil.
• A sterile woman becoming pregnant: Welfare and reform in one’s life and in the Hereafter.
• A group of women
looking at the dreamer and one of them inviting him to join in: (1) Bad reputation, though innocent. (2) Will obtain what he is aiming for, but later on. (3) His enemies will not have the upper hand.
• A dispute among numerous women: Strange events will disturb some people. The reverse is also true.
• A young man smiling at the dreamer: The revival of dead matters.
• A fat woman: A fertile or fruitful year.
• A slim woman: A poor year.
• An old woman: Nothing good should be expected from such a dream, unless she is unveiled and adorned.
• Negresses61 coming to the dreamer: Lots of legitimate benefits.
• A black woman: A dark night. A bad omen, unless she belongs to someone.
• A white woman: A night softened by moonlight.
• A woman being sold: Power will wane and stability will be shaken, but not forever.
• Seeing a woman other than those the dreamer sees when he is awake: The dreamer will lose some of his assets, then find them again. Killing such a woman would mean that a large chunk of the dreamer’s wealth will go. Having sex with her means all his wealth will be lost.
• A lady seeing an old woman: (1) A reference to her own efforts. (2) Her endeavours will fail.
• A lady seeing a young woman: An enemy, whatever she looks like.
• A young woman dreaming that she has become old: She is a virtuous one.
• A woman dreaming that all her hair has turned white: (1) Her husband is a debauchee. If not, he will swap her for another woman or slave. (2) Somehow she will bring grief and sorrow to her husband.
• A woman with black hair: (1) Her husband loves her. (2) Her husband is a righteous man.
• A married woman dreaming that she has uncovered her hair: Her husband will be absent. If her hair remained uncovered, the husband would never come back.
• An unmarried woman dreaming that she has uncovered her hair: Will never get married.
• A woman seeing her thick hair admired by people: Will have a scandal.
Jewellry Worn by Women Dream Explanation
— if they are made from gold or silver they symbolise a pleasant life and embellishment for the women
, But if they are one or two ankle-rings or bracelets then they represent her husband, brother or father. The same is the interpretation of a crown although according to some, it presents a king or ruler.
Dreaming of Men, Women and Animals Dream Explanation
— To see someone speaking to the observer or giving him something suggests that the observer will socialize or deal with him or someone who bears a similar name or resembles him.
Beef Dream Explanation
— It symbolises wealth accumulated during those prosperous years mentioned above. The same is the interpretation if the skin, urine
, droppings or any other filth of the stomach is seen. But whether such wealth is lawful or unlawful will depend on the odour of the urine
, droppings or filth. The same interpretation will be given if, instead of cows, the urine
, droppings etc. of other animals are seen. If the odour is overpowering it represents wealth that is totally unlawful. There is no good to be expected from such wealth.
Cities, Towns and Village Dream Explanation
— Cities, towns and Villages imply that the observer of such a dream will encounter unchaste women
if such places are not of multiple colours. And if they are black and white then it suggests day and night – i.e., alternating of day and night and the passing
Stool Dream Explanation
— Also see Toilet. In general, anything that comes out of the stomach of humans or animals symbolizes money. Whether it is good or bad depends on its smell, its dirt, and its harm to people. If it is a non-personal dirt, like mud, it means public fear from the ruler. Stool, or shit in vulgar terms, represents benefit from injustice or relief.
• Easing out: (1) No more worries. (2) Will give alms.
• A person about to travel dreaming of having passed too much stool: (1) Will not travel. (2) Will fall into the hands of highwaymen.
• Finding, winning, or eating filth: (1) Dirty money with repentance. (2) A statement made out of greed, which the dreamer will regret.
dry and solid stool: Will spend some money, perhaps forcibly.
liquid stool in a known place like the one where people wash thoroughly before praying: Will spend on specific things with pleasure or passion.
stool in an unknown place: Will spend money without knowing where it will go and will neither be rewarded nor thanked for it.
stool on one’s clothes: Will commit an abomination.
stool on one’s underwear: Will be angry with the wife or eat up her dowry.
stool and covering it with dust: Will cover or conceal one’s money.
• Losing control and passing
stool on oneself: Will commit a sin.
stool in one’s bedding: (1) Will have a long illness, because only those who cannot stand up by themselves do so. (2) Will part from one’s wife.
• Eating stool with bread: (1) Will eat honey with bread. (2) The dreamer is doing things inconsistent with the Tradition of the Holy Prophet.
stool—not deliberately—and picking it up: Will be granted a purse of dirty money commensurate with the quantity of stool.
stool in a marketplace, in a public bath, or in a very crowded area: (1) God and His angels are angry with the dreamer. (2) Will incur tremendous losses and be the subject of a major scandal. (3) Whatever the dreamer is concealing will be unveiled.
stool in a garbage dump, on a seacoast, or in a similar area where it is permissible to do so: According to Ibn Siren: a good omen. No more worries or pain.
• A well-known person throwing people’s shit at the dreamer: Hostility, opposing views, and injustice on the part of the thrower.
• Too much filth from people: Handicaps and prevailing evil.
• Getting stained or blotted with people’s dirt: (1) Fear. (2) Disease. (3) Good augury for whoever does ugly things.
Melon Dream Explanation
— A water melon in a dream represents a sick person with many problems including suppression of urine
. A melon in a dream also means that one will be struck with an adversity for which he will find no solution, and he will not understand its consequences for sometime to come. Eating a water melon in a dream also means release from prison. If one sees himself extending his hands to the heavens from where he receives a water melon in the dream, it means that he is seeking a job in the government or a wealth which he shall shortly receive. A ripened water melon in a dream means a sickness, while a green and unripened melon means youth and a good health. Honeydew in a dream represent a group of men and women
who possess good character and manners. In a dream, a melon also represents a beautiful woman though with bad qualities.
Urinating Dream Explanation
— Urinating in a dream means wasting money in an unnecessary or an unlawful way. It also means a marriage to an unsuitable or a non-compatible person. Frequency of urination in a dream means receiving regular income. On the other hand, suppression of urine
in a dream means the opposite, or it may mean hastiness, or making an incorrect decision. If one sees himself urinating in an unknown place, in someone else's house, a lodge, a town, etcetera in a dream, it may mean kinship with its people. Wetting one's underpants in a dream means a newborn in the family. Urinating in the sea in a dream mean paying taxes or giving charity. Urinating in a valley in a dream means expansion of one's progeny. Emitting bad odor after urination while others are looking with despise in a dream means defamation, or exposing one's ills in public. Drinking urine
in a dream means earning unlawful income. If one sees his servant or employee urinating inside a well or a stream in a dream, it means that someone from his family will betray its interests. Urinating in a dream also means dispelling distress.
Shoemaker Dream Explanation
— In dreams, a shoemaker is a man who helps and serves women
and adorns them, because his job is to repair the shoes and soles, which, in the eyes of the ancient Arabs, symbolized women
. It could also be a reference to the female slaver.
Piss Dream Explanation
generally symbolizes spending and wasting money. It could also mean illicit or inappropriate spending.
• Urinating: The dreamer will spend money that will benefit himself.
• Urinating smoothly: Money will flow from the dreamer’s pocket, and his savings will be eroded.
• Containing one’s urine: The dreamer will be angry with his wife.
• Being hard pressed but finding nowhere to urinate: The dreamer is searching for a place to bury his money but is unable to find one.
• Holding back urine
or urinating with difficulty: The dreamer is rushing things and taking incorrect initiatives, because continence is like frustration and frustrated persons are unstable and never go back on a decision before they feel the heat.
• Urinating in an unknown place: The dreamer will marry a woman or a slave in that place who will receive his semen and make him part of her family.
• Urinating in a well: The dreamer will spend illegally acquired money.
• Urinating on a commodity: Will incur losses in it.
• A rich person urinating and withholding some of the urine: He will lose some of his wealth.
• A troubled person urinating and retaining some of his urine: He will get limited relief.
• Urinating in drops: A debt will be paid back in instalments.
• Urinating with someone and seeing the urine
mixing: Rapprochement or one of the two will marry into the other’s family.
• A woman pissing plenty of urine: She desires men.
• A rich man urinating in a urinal: He will lose money.
• A poor person urinating abundantly in a urinal: Relief will come.
• Seeing people touching and coating themselves with one’s urine: The dreamer will have a son whom people will follow.
• Seeing an identified or well-known person pissing on the dreamer: The former will sustain the latter financially to humiliate him.
• Urinating in a bottle, a washtub, a jar, an anonymous well or an empty space: The dreamer will have sex with or marry a woman.
• Urinating in the sea: The dreamer will pay taxes to the ruler or zakat (religious dues).
• Urinating too much in an unusual manner, getting stained with one’s urine
, noting a bad smell, or urinating and being watched by people who find it unworthy of the dreamer’s reputation: Quarrels, sorrow, evil, and scandal.
• Drinking urine: Suspicious gains, illegal wealth, and hardships (because only in hardships and impossible situations is a human being compelled to drink urine).
• Urinating in certain people’s house, shop, mosque, country, or village: The dreamer will marry into that family or folk who will receive the dreamer’s semen. If that act took place in a mosque, in particular, the dreamer will have a pious and virtuous son.
• Urinating on the altar of a mosque: The dreamer will have an enlightened son.
• Entering a cemetery uncovered, laughing, urinating on the tombs, or walking amid the dead: The dreamer will be involved with evil, debauched, and atheistic people and select his friends on this basis.
• Pissing milk: The dreamer’s nature will change. If a known person drinks from it, he will spend on him from honest sources.
• Pissing juice: The dreamer will overspend.
• Pissing saffron: The dreamer will have a son who will become a nurse.
• Pissing blood: The dreamer will marry a divorcee or a prohibited relative without knowing it.
• Pissing blood in an unknown garden or irrigating it with water not from the sea: The dreamer will make love to a lady. In case the act took place in the dreamer’s own garden, he would break an oath by having sex with his wife, sodomizing her or sleeping with her during her menses.
• A hireling pissing in a garden or irrigating it from alien sources or wells: A man is betraying the dreamer with his wife.
• Pissing sand or mud: The dreamer performs his ablutions neither properly nor regularly.
• Pissing fire: (1) The dreamer will have a powerful son. (2) The dreamer will have a son who will become a thief.
• Pissing a lion: The dreamer will have an unjust son.
• Pissing worms: The dreamer will be prolific.
• Pissing a snake: The dreamer will have a son who will turn hostile to him.
• Pissing a she-cat: The dreamer will have a girl by an Oriental woman born in a coastal area.
• Pissing a fish: The dreamer will have a girl from a woman he brought from a coastal area, like the shores of the Arabian Sea.
• Pissing a bird: The dreamer will have a son showing similarities to the essence or characteristics of that bird, be they good or bad.
• Pissing stool: The dreamer will commit an abomination in which family will get involved.
• Pissing vomitus: The dreamer will have an illegitimate son.
• Pissing in the standing position: The dreamer will spend money unconsciously.
• Pissing on one’s shirt: (1) If a bachelor, the dreamer will get married. (2) If already married, the dreamer will have a boy.
• Pissing in one’s nose: The dreamer will have sex with a prohibited relative.
• Pissing in an animated area of a marketplace: The dreamer will become a familiar figure in that market.
• A horseman stepping down from a mare for some adventitious reason and pissing blood: He is indulging in adultery (because, according to the ancient Arabs, the soil is a woman and pissing is sex, while blood symbolizes what is prohibited).
• Urinating in the mihrab or prayer niche: The dreamer will have a son who will become a Muslim spiritual leader, as the mihrab basically represents the imam.
• Urinating or pissing one, two, or three drops in the prayer niche: The dreamer will have as many virtuous and handsome children as there were drops.
• Pissing on a holy book: The dreamer will have a son who will memorize that book.
• The few drops that come out after urinating: Money that will not stay long, to the dreamer’s regret.
• Pissing and seeing a vapour rising to cover the whole sky: The dreamer will have a son whose realm will reach the horizons.
Fart Dream Explanation
— (Breaking wind; Passing
gas; Foolishness; Wind) Passing
gas in a dream means hearing or speaking vile words, or suffering from adversities, or it could mean dispersing a group of people, telling a shocking news, stupidity, belittling people, lies, using insulting words, or it could represent the sound that could emanate from beating someone. If one breaks wind with a loud sound in a dream, it means that he will address someone with harsh words. If one sees himself sitting with people and unwillingly passes gas or breaks wind in a dream, it means that his difficulties, sorrows or stress will be dispelled, though with horridness and repulsiveness. If one breaks wind intentionally in such a gathering in a dream, then it means committing an evil act and suffering from its consequences. If one passes gas without noise in his dream, it means that he will receive a sarcastic commendation that matches the smell of his fart. If one breaks wind in a dream while sitting with a group of people who are experiencing difficulties, it means that their difficulties will be dispelled, and their suffering will ease. If they are merchants, it means that their merchandise will move faster. If one forces himself to break wind in a dream, it means that he will carry a burden greater than he can bear. If one breaks wind along with passing
gas in his dream, it means that he will attain success in his life, and he will receive honor and profits from an important business trip. However, it is possible that his interests will become diverse, or that he could lose his focus, then he will return home free from such burdens. To fart from the mouth in a dream means faltering or a slip of a tongue, an accident, suffering from gum irritation, a stroke that will affect one's speech, or it could mean developing ill habits that will cause him to feel ashamed of himself in public.
Incident Dream Explanation
— Another person related the following dream to the Imaam : He had seen a fat bird of an unknown species descending from the sky and sitting on a tree. It started packing at the blossoms of the tree and thereafter flew away. At this juncture, the Imaam's face turned pale. He said: “This is an indication of some great men of learning passing
away.” It is said that Hasan Al-Basri and Ibn Sirin passed away that very year.
Paintings Dream Explanation
— (Art; Picture; Portrait) In a dream, paintings represent memories, guidance, or advice. Paintings in a dream also denote the passing
of time, advancing of years, or the days of one's life. As for an immigrant, paintings in his dream mean reunion with his family, beloved, or commanding good and forbidding evil. (Also see Painter)