| |Watching the stars Dream Explanation
— (astr.) Watching
the stars in a dream means presiding over people.
Cat Dream Explanation
— A cat
in a dream represents a book of records, one's share from a business, an inheritance, or his work. A cat
in a dream also means shunning off one's husband, wife or children, or it could mean a fight, theft, adultery, disloyalty, eavesdropping, backbiting or bearing a child from adultery, a bastard child, or it could represent a gentle speaking person, a toadying person or someone who desires to be accepted by others, and should he find an opportune moment, he will spoil everyone's peace. A cat
in a dream also represents a banal woman who likes herself. If a cat
steels something from her master, it means that he may pay a fine, have a fight with his relatives or children, and it could mean a robbery. A wildcat in a dream means adversities, toiling and a wretched life. Selling a cat
in a dream means spending one's money. The scratch of a cat
in a dream means that one will be betrayed by his servant. The bite of a cat
in a dream represents a hoaxer or a crooked woman. It is also said that a cat's bite in a dream means an illness that will last one full year. (Also see Tomcat)
Cat Dream Explanation
— The cat
symbolizes a book in view of a verse in the Holy Quran in which the word qitt, meaning in Arabic “cat,” is used as a synonym for “written fate” or “sentence” (“Sad”, verse 16). It could also symbolize the neglect of the woman and children or their harsh treatment. But the cat
is one of the most controversial figures in dreams. Some regard it as a servant and a guardian, others as a thief from within the house (an insider). It refers to all beings who stay around the person to guard him but who, at the same time, embezzle, steal, or harm him and are, in fact, of no use to him. For example, being bitten or scratched by a cat
would mean that the dreamer will be betrayed by his servant or will fall ill. According to Ibn Siren, a cat’s scratch means an illness that will last a year. The case would be worse if the cat
dreamt of was of the wild type. By contrast, a quiet she-cat means a comfortable year, a savage one a year full of harm. The she-cat is sometimes a reference to tender motherhood. Other contradictory symbols include: (1) Dispute or controversy. (2) Adultery. (3) The product of adultery or an abandoned child whose father cannot be identified. (4) The absence of gratitude. (5) The failure to fulfil a promise or honour one’s obligations. (6) Being quick of hearing. (7) Whispers. (8) The hypocritical flatterer and gadabout. The she-cat usually symbolizes an evil and deceitful woman. A woman told Ibn Siren she dreamed that a cat
had introduced its head into her husband’s stomach, taken something out of it, and eaten it. The great seer said that a black thief would enter her husband’s shop that evening and steal 316 dirham's from his safe. And so it was. There was a black bath attendant in the neighbourhood. The people of the area got hold of him, and he confessed to his crime and restored the money. When asked how he managed to know all that, Ibn Siren said that the cat
was a thief, the husband’s stomach his safe and what was taken out of it the money. As for defining the exact amount, Ibn Siren said that each letter of the alphabet had its specific number. Therefore cat—in Arabic sanur—stood for 316 dirham's.
• Shedding blood after being scratched by a cat
or losing an eye to its claws: Beware of an implacable enemy!
• Selling a cat: The dreamer will spend his money.
• Eating cat
meat: Will learn magic.
• Turning into a cat: Will earn one’s living through illicit practices and theft.
• A cat
entering one’s house: A robber will break in. Whatever is taken away by the cat
will be stolen by the burglar.
• Acquiring cat
meat or grease: Will get money from a thief or obtain something stolen.
• Fighting a cat
that bites or scratches the dreamer in the process: Long illness or deep trouble followed by relief. If the cat
was overwhelmed, recovery will come faster. The reverse is also true.
• A cat
and a mouse getting along with each other, as in the case of the wolf and the sheep: (1) Hypocrisy. (2) No more fear of the enemy. (3) The ruler will be just to his subjects. (4) The world will turn upside-down.
• Seeing a civet cat: A man of contradictions, combining high virtue and an evil character.
Cat Dream Explanation
— It symbolises a thief.
A Cat Fighting Someone Dream Explanation
— the person with whom the cat
is fighting will become ill in the very near future. If the cat
is overpowered, he will recover quickly. But if the cat
bites him he will remain ill for a lengthy period. According to Ibn Sirin his illness will span for one whole year. And a wild cat
bespeaks of more serious illness and for a greater period.
Killing a Cat Dream Explanation
— Killing or slaughtering a cat
means that a person will over power his enemy or rival.
Civet cat Dream Explanation
— (See Civet)
Siamese cat Dream Explanation
— (See Tomcat)
A Cat Entering a House Dream Explanation
— If a cat
is seen entering a house it means a thief will enter that house. And if it is seen snatching something it means something will be stolen from his house.
Tomcat Dream Explanation
— (Book of records; Cat; Reckoning; Siamese cat; Thief) In a dream, a tomcat means a thief or a servant. A cat
in a dream also represents an evil and a treacherous woman. The same interpretation is given for anyone who compasses people, or guards them, or someone who harms the interests of his employer more than he benefits him. If a tomcat scratches someone or bites him in a dream, it means that he will fall sick for a full year. The bite of a wildcat in a dream is more dangerous and has greater implications. If one sees a tomcat sitting peacefully and quietly in his house in a dream, it means that he will have a comfortable, peaceful and a profitable year. Otherwise, a large wildcat in the dream represents a troublesome year. Selling a tomcat in a dream means spending one's money in various charities. Eating a cat
in a dream means learning about sorcery. If one sees himself transformed into a tomcat in a dream, it means that he lives from stealing and seeks what is harmful. A tomcat entering one's house in a dream represents a robber. Whatever a tomcat takes from one's house in the dream will be looted by such a thief. Killing or beating a tomcat in a dream means catching a thief or killing him. If one extracts fat from a cat
in a dream, it means that he will receive stolen money or a share thereof. Fighting with a tomcat in a dream means an affliction with a long and a debilitating illness that will be followed by a complete recovery. If the tomcat loses the fight, and if the man is already sick, it means that he will recover from his illness shortly thereafter. Otherwise, if he loses in the dream, it means that his illness has reached its peak. A cat
or a tomcat in a dream also represent reckoning, estrangement of one's wife, her roughness with her husband, or they could represent ill behaved children with their parents, fights, theft, adultery, lack of loyalty, eavesdropping, taunting, roaring, clamor, a bastard son, a foundling or an orphan. On the other hand, a cat
in a dream could represent a toadying person, dancing, being playful and kind, though awaiting to jump at the first opportunity to spoil others peace. If the cat
, the tomcat and the mouse, or the lamb and the wolf become friends in the dream, it means hypocrisy, affectation and loss of moral standards. A civet cat
in a dream represents a man who may have a suspicious look, though his character and conduct are exemplary. (Also see Cat)
Stars Dream Explanation
— (astr. Horoscope) Watching
the stars in a dream means presiding over people. (Also see Celestial spheres; Moon)
Banal Dream Explanation
— (See Cat)
Mongoose, Lynx or Weasel Dream Explanation
— The interpretation of any of the above is the same as a cat
except that the illness is of a less serious nature and for a shorter period.
Sneeze Dream Explanation
— A sneeze symbolizes certainty after doubt. Sneezing out an animal means someone will have a child who will bear the dreamer’s name. If that animal is a cat
, the child in question will become a thief. Conversely, a dove means a beloved daughter.
Weasel Dream Explanation
— The weasel is among the human beings that, according to religious belief, were cursed and turned into animals, says Ibn Siren. In dreams, it symbolizes a foolish and harsh person, unjust and with little, if any, mercy. The same interpretation for a cat
applies to it. A weasel entering the dreamer’s house means a wicked person will step in.
Caressing Dream Explanation
— (Tender touch) In a dream, caressing a bird, a dog, a cat
, a horse or a cow, etcetera, means having a soft heart, speaking gentle words, ability to draw people to oneself. Caressing someone during the daylight in a dream means slandering and backbiting him. Caressing a woman in a dream means that one will become a translator, or it could represent a frivolous person or someone who appeals to ludicrous people, or it could mean self-adulation or deficiency in one's craftsmanship.
Civet Dream Explanation
— (Castor; Civet cat; A fatty substance with a musk like scent which is secreted by a gland near the genitals of a civet, a deer or a beaver. This substance is also used in making perfumes.) In a dream, a civet represents honorable profits or valuable properties, botanical gardens, a school from which one can acquire knowledge and draw benefits, or a business from which one can make profits, or it could mean a profitable leather trade. If one prepares the civet on fire in the dream, it means that he is preparing amber perfume, musk or aloe perfume that is extracted from an aromatic heartwood of the mezereum tree family.
Crucifixion Dream Explanation
— • Being crucified alive: Dignity, honour, and religious righteousness.
• Being crucified and dead: Prestige coupled with corrupt religious faith.
• Being crucified and killed or after being killed: Prestige, but the dreamer will be lied to.
• Being crucified without remembering when that happened: (1) Lost money will come back. (2) If the dreamer is poor, will get rich. (3) Bad omen for the rich (according to some interpreters). (4) Poverty, because a person is crucified naked. (5) Will have a safe sea journey, because the cross is made of wood and resembles the helm.
• A bondsman dreaming of being crucified: Will be freed.
• Being crucified on the wall of a city with people watching: The dreamer will have dignity and influence, and both the rich and poor will be at his command (under him). If he bleeds, his subjects will benefit from him.
• Eating the flesh of a crucified person: (1) Will obtain money and other advantages from a great chief. (2) Will backbite or slander a ruler or a chief.
Missile launcher Dream Explanation
— (Ballista; Battering ram; Mangonel) Seeing a mangonel or a missile launcher for hurling heavy stones in a dream means calumny, slander and a false accusation of fornication, untruth, or deceit. A missile launcher in a dream also means victory for the oppressed and destruction for the unjust ones. If the commander who is operating the missile launcher in the dream is a ruler, then it means that he will write a letter with strong words to the other party. The stone or the missile itself represents the messenger, or the carrier of such a letter. If a superior launches a stone against a subject or an employee in a dream, it means that he will send an investigator, a controller or a supervisor of a stern nature. Watching
the launch of a mangonel in a dream implies treachery, betrayal and a cause of losses and sufferings. It also means defamation of the learned ones, or forcing them to downplay the ruler's injustice, or to give utilitarian and opportune opinions about sacred religious values. Seeing a missile launcher in a dream also may signify corruption, adversities and trials that will befall the target of such missiles.
Meat Dream Explanation
— (Also see Grill.)
• Cooked meat: Money.
• Seeing raw meat without eating it: Plenty of pain and disease. Buying it from the butcher means tragedy.
• Tender meat: Death or absence.
• Beef: Trouble, lack of business, or unemployment.
• Meat from a thin, unhealthy, yellow cow: Disease, shrinking wealth.
• Snake meat: Money from an enemy. Eating it raw means the enemy will be absent.
• Lion meat: Money from the sultan (ruler or supreme authority in one’s place).
• Meat of rapacious birds: Money earned by committing sins.
• Pork: Likewise, it means sinful money.
• Dry meat: Slandering the dead.
• Camel meat: (1) Money and other benefits from the supreme authority. (2) Money from a giant man and powerful enemy, as long as the dreamer had not touched it. If he had, it would mean the reverse. Eating it cooked means the dreamer will unjustly eat the wealth of another person, fall ill, then recover.
• Seeing skinned mutton in one’s house, cut in slices: Will contact people never known or seen before and get invited or invite them, and to the dreamer’s delight, they will prove to be real brothers. If such meat was skinned but not in slices, that means sudden tragedy or the death of someone whom the dreamer would inherit from in case the mutton was fat; otherwise he would not inherit anything.
• Eating chicken: (1) Benefits from the female side. (2) Patience for the nervous. (3) Healing. (4) The end of worries and sorrow. (5) Money from foreign sources.
• Eating monkey meat: (1) Terrible worries or ailments. (2) Will obtain new clothes.
• Eating dog meat: Will triumph over your enemy and take a bite at his money.
• Eating venison (deer flesh): Will get money from a pretty woman.
• Eating zebra meat or drinking zebra milk: Will acquire slaves or servants from a noble man.
• Eating cat
meat: Will learn magic.
• Acquiring cat
meat or grease: Will get money from a thief or obtain something stolen anyway.
• Eating donkey meat: Will earn money without a partner.
• Eating fox meat: Will fall ill and recover very fast.
• Eating duck meat: Will receive money from slave women or servants or will be blessed with a rich woman.
• Eating falcon meat: Money from the king or any supreme authority.
• Vulture meat: Money and influence.
• Eating tortoise meat: Money and knowledge.
• Eating frog meat: Benefit from some friends.
• Eating crabmeat: Financial benefits and news from a distant land.
• Eating cooked ram meat: Fertility and abundance. Fat meat is better than lean.
• Eating raw ram meat: Absence.
| || |