Water Dream Explanation
symbolizes: (1) Islam and good knowledge. (2) Life, fertility, and prosperity, because it helps everything come to life. To quote Allah: “… and We made every living thing of water
…” (“Al-Anbiyae” [The Prophets], verse 30), and “If they [the idolaters] tread the right path, we shall give them to drink of water
in abundance, that We may test them thereby …” (“Al-Jinn” [The Jinn], verses 16–17.) (3) Marriage, in view of a verse in the Holy Quran that says: “And He it is Who hath created man from water
, and hath appointed for him kindred by blood and kindred by marriage; for thy Lord is very Powerful.” (“Al-Furqan” [The Criterion], verse 54.) (4) Semen, because God Almighty has called sperm water
and Arabs call notfa, or semen, abundant water
. (5) Money, because it generates profit. (6) Purity. (7) Birth of one or more children. (8) Price decreases. (9) Justice. (10) War spoils or gains and acquisitions of any kind. (11) Worries, pain, and sorrow. (12) Death and destruction. In any case, running water
is better than stagnant water
• Stagnant water: (1) Prison, especially if the dreamer falls in it. (2) An unhappy life, full of miseries.
• Limpid water: Cheap prices and better justice.
• Underground water: Isolation, humiliation, and misery in view of the verse in the Holy Quran that reads as follows: “Say: Have ye thought: if [all] your water
were to disappear into the earth, who then could bring you gushing water?” (“Al-Mulk” [Majesty], verse 30).
• Salty water: Trouble and worries.
• Stinking water: Illicit gains.
• Yellow water: Illness.
• Seeing black water: Bankruptcy, havoc, and destruction.
• Black water
coming out of a well: Will marry an unworthy woman.
• Drinking black water: Will lose one’s eyesight.
• Drinking water: Will be safe from enemies.
• Drinking plenty of water: Will indulge in one’s habits and live long.
• A healthy bachelor drinking limpid water
from a well or a water
skin, but not to the last drop: Will marry and enjoy sex as much as he enjoyed drinking the water
in the dream.
• A patient drinking pristine water
from a well or a water
skin and leaving some: Will recover and live long.
• A married person drinking pure water: Will have delicious sex with spouse that night.
• Drinking clean and limpid water
from a glass: Benefits from one’s children or wife (because glass is part of the essence of women,56 and water
symbolizes the fetus).
• Being given water
to drink in a glass or a goblet: Will have a child.
in a glass: A child. If the glass is broken and the water
remains, the mother will die and the child survive. The reverse is also true.
• An atheist drinking clear and clean water: Will embrace Islam.
• A person seeking learning drinking pristine water: Will acquire knowledge.
• A merchant drinking clear potable water: Will achieve lawful gains, unless something soils that water
or if he drinks that water
in the house of aliens in a Muslim country. In that case, it means rotten knowledge, a low sexual relationship, or suspicious earnings.
• Trouble water: A cruel tyrant.
• Drinking troubled sea water: Trouble will come from the king (the authority).
• Troubled sea water
infiltrating a person’s shop or that person drinking from it: Will get ill.
• All people drinking of that troubled sea water: An epidemic will strike.
• Washing with or bathing in troubled sea water
or any dirty water
, then getting out of it: (1) If facing hardships, will see an end to it. (2) If sick, will recover. (3) If a prisoner, will regain one’s freedom, provided water
has become clean again.
• Drinking plenty of sea water: Will receive money from the king.
• Drinking plenty of water
from a river: Will receive money from a man whose condition tallies with the importance of that river.
• Drinking water
from a well: Will obtain money cunningly or through a trick.
• Drinking troubled, bitter, or stinking water: Will become ill, profit will be lost, life will get hard, or faith will change, depending on the place where the drinking took place and the condition of the container.
• Drinking hot water: Pain and sorrow.
• A man drinking some delicious cold water
from a hole in his robe: He is flirting with a woman other than his legitimate wife.
• Using very hot water
by day or by night: Will receive a blow from the authority.
• Using very hot water
at night: Will be frightened by a jinn.
• Hot water
being poured on the dreamer from nowhere and wetting his clothes: Will go to jail, fall ill, or experience real trouble inasmuch as the water
• One’s clothes simply getting wet: A trip or something the subject intended to undertake will not take place.
• Sucking water: Things will go wrong.
• Masticating water: Will deal successfully with frustration, depression, and hard living conditions.
• Spreading and moving one’s hand freely in the water: Will play freely with money and dispose of it and of one’s own destiny at will.
• Being thrown in a clear water: A pleasant surprise.
• The quantity of water
in a container represents the person’s life span. Whatever he has drunk from it is his past; the remainder is the time left for him. If he drinks the contents to the last drop, he has no more years left in his life. Carrying water
in a container: (1) If a poor person: Will make financial gains. (2) If a bachelor: Will get married. (3) If married: Wife or concubine (slave or servant) will have a baby. (1), (2), and (3) are subject to the condition that it is the dreamer himself, his wife, or his servant who pumped the water
from the well, large water
jar, or water
skin and poured it in the container.
flowing and inundating or simply entering people’s houses: Bad dream for the whole area, meaning violence, heavy losses and fines, women and children getting captured by the enemy and considered war booty, and epidemic diseases or plagues (bubonic or others).
, ooze, or spouts entering a specific house or a spring erupting in that house: Tears for a sick person who will pass away in that house, a dear one whom the inhabitants of the house will bid farewell to, a scuffle or a fistfight among the neighbours, or a tragedy caused by a disease or measures taken by the authority.
in a sterile land or stagnant water: People will gather in that place.
flowing in an arable land: Fertility.
springing from the earth or floods inundating a place: A hard test from the Almighty in the form either of a devastating plague, a hellish sword, in case houses were destroyed and their dwellers drowned in the dream; or annihilation or sufferings brought about by the ruler.
• For pious people a spring means welfare and blessings in view of a verse in the Holy Quran that reads: “Wherein are two fountains flowing.” (“Al-Rahman” [The Beneficent], verse 50.)57
• Evil people seeing a spring or a fountain: A tragedy will befall them.
erupting from a wall and logging in the house: Sorrow on the part of a man who could be the dreamer’s brother, son-in-law, brother-in-law, or friend.
springing up and flowing out of the house: The end of all worries. If it stays in the house, that means everlasting sorrow or someone will fall ill in that house. If the water
flows in the house, it means exactly the reverse, i.e., joy for the landlord, be he alive or dead, till the end of time.
• Some dreamers interpreters believe that running water
in one’s house, emanating from a spring, means that the landlord or the tenant will buy a slave (in Arabic jariyah, a running one).58
• Seeing water
springing out from various sources: Will earn money, but be blamed for the way that money was made.
foam or froth: Nothing good.
• Seeing one’s image reflected in clear water
like in a mirror: Excellent dream, plenty of benefits. If the face looks handsome, the dreamer will be good to his family.
• Pouring water: Will spend money.
not in its proper container, like in a wrapper or bundle or in some cloth: Leak, because the dreamer thinks that he holds in, but in fact he does not.
• Ablutions with clear or troubled, hot or cold water
is acceptable, provided the water
• Washing with cold water: (1) Repentance. (2) Recovery (from the love of a woman). (3) Release from prison. (4) The settlement of debts. (5) The end of terror.
• Springs are a good augury, except if their water
on the water
surface, then coming out safely: (1) Strong faith in God, if the dreams talks wisdom while walking
. (2) Otherwise, he is certain of something doubtful and will be, in fact, confused ultimately. (3) The dreamer is undertaking dangerous trips and running risks, but if he comes back from his walk safely, things will go the way he wants.
• Diving in deep waters but failing to reach the bottom: (1) Will have the lion’s share in this life or the best of this world. (2) Will deal with a great personality.
• Irrigating a garden or flowers: Will have sex with a lady.
• Taking water
to irrigate a garden or a plow field: Will obtain money from a woman. If the flowers blossom or the plants grow, the said woman will give money and children to the dreamer.
• A woman giving people water
to drink: She is spreading lies.
• Giving water
to someone without charging a price: The dreamer is a benefactor and might help build a village.
• A physically strong person in the water: The king or dreamer’s chief has entrusted him with some difficult matter, which keeps him busy, and whatever he says will be heard by the higher-ups, especially concerning the matter in question.
• Entering the water
with one’s clothes on without getting wet: Dreamer’s religious faith is unshakable and determination unswerving in relying on God in all matters here and in the Hereafter. He will always follow the right path.
• Drinking water
from a cup without its quenching one’s thirst: Wife will disobey dreamer.
flowing under a viaduct: Welfare for a man who benefits other people.
• Taking water
from a viaduct: Will obtain money from such a philanthropist.
• Diverting sea water
or turning away from it: Getting money through an irreligious person.
• Having a hidden jar of pure water: Inheritance.
• The king’s water
having turned salty or infiltrated the earth: God has withdrawn His blessings and gifted wealth from that king for having failed to show his gratitude.
• Pouring water
in a jar, a vat, or any large vessel: Will have sex with a woman.
• Waves: Pain and torture in view of what is mentioned in the Holy Quran “And if a wave enshroudeth them like awnings, they cry unto Allah, making their faith pure for Him only. But when He bringeth them safe to land, some of them compromise. None denieth Our signs save every traitor ingrate.” (“Luqman,” verse 32.) “He said: I shall betake me to some mountain that will save me from the water
. [Noah] said: This day there is none that saveth from the commandment of Allah save him on whom He hath had mercy. And the wave came in between them, so he was among the drowned. (“Hud,” verse 43.)
Distilled water Dream Explanation
— In a dream, distilled water
represents beautiful children or noble children. Seeing distilled water
in a dream also may signify acquiring knowledge from learned people who practice what they teach. It also means learning wisdom from wise people. Smelling rose-water or orange-blossom water
or distilled water
from jonquil or from any species of the narcissus flower in a dream means joy, happiness, cheers, eulogies and prosperity. In a dream, distilled water
also may represent bringing out confiscated or stolen merchandise or discovering hidden goods. As for distilled farm water
or from water
lily or distilled water
from similar flowers in a dream, they represent medicinal remedies, profits, celebrations or weddings. (Also see Water)
Water carrier Dream Explanation
— (Delivering water) In a dream, a water
carrier represents a man of piety and trueness, because he practices the best of deeds and particularly if he does not receive a wage for his delivery in the dream. If one sees himself filling a bottle of water
and delivering it to a house, it represents his earnings. A water
carrier in a dream also represents a gnostic who heals the illness of people's hearts with his knowledge, love and wisdom. A water
carrier in a dream also represents one who can go near high ranking people. He also represents one who delivers people's belongings to their hands. A water
carrier in a dream also may denote evil, burdens, fights, dancing, or whirling. If a water
carrier delivers someone a glass of water
in a dream and receives money for it, it represents a responsibility or a burden he will carry, or perhaps that the other person may receive accumulated profits from his business.
Hot Water Dream Explanation
— Hot water
suggest grief caused by a king, ruler or government authorities. The hotter the water
the more intense the affliction. At times, hot water
also symbolizes fear, consternation or sickness.
Drinking Water Dream Explanation
— Consuming clean, sweet water
in the dream means he will enjoy a clean and happy life provided he does not know its quantity nor is he aware of himself being in a state of tuhr nor does he know himself to be on a journey in a strange, unknown place. The same applies if the water
is not sweet. But it the water
is brackish and muddy, it means he will suffer from some ailment or disease whose seriousness will depend on how brackish or muddy the water
Water lily Dream Explanation
— (Lily; Hyacinth; Nenuphar; Nubile; Nymph) In a dream, a water
lily means life, hiding, concealment, travels by sea. If a traveller by sea sees a water
lily in his dream, it means that his ship may drown. A water
lily in a dream also represents a lawfully earned money from which one spends for his charities to please his Lord. A water
lily in a dream also means sorrow, sadness, illness, a man with different faces, someone whose actions are tainted, or whose temper is changing constantly. Having a bouquet of water
lily in a dream means changes, illness, sorrow or endurance.
Water Becoming Ice Dream Explanation
— If a person sees that he has taken water
by cupping his hands and such water
becomes ice it means the wealth he has accumulated will remain intact with him.
Boiling water Dream Explanation
— Washing a deceased person with boiling water
in a dream means that the latter is already suffering from hell in his own grave. (Also see Hot water)
Cold water Dream Explanation
— If one sees himself drinking cold refreshing water
from the regular water
tab in a dream, it means comfort and joy. (Also see Drink)