Ladder or Stairs Dream Explanation — Climbing a ladder or stairs symbolises the religion of Islam by virtue of which he will acquire high stations in the Hereafter.
Stairs of Unbaked Bricks Dream Explanation — Climbing stairs constructed of unbaked bricks suggest that he will enjoy honour in the world by giving charity.
Stairs of Baked Bricks, Timber or Mortar Dream Explanation — Climbing any of these suggest that he will attain high status in the world provided their is something in the dream to suggest this.
Silver Dream Explanation — • Hoarding silver: Will go to Hell. “… they who hoard up gold and silver if not in the way of Allah, unto them give tidings (O Prophet Muhammad) of a painful doom, on the day when it will [all] be heated in the fire of Hell, and their foreheads and their flanks and their backs will be branded therewith (and it will be said unto them): Here is that which ye hoarded for yourselves. Now taste of what ye used to hoard.” (“Al-Baraah” or “Al-Taubah,” verses 34–35.)
• Silver roofs, houses, stairs, doors, or couches: A reference to atheism in view of verses 33 to 35 of “Surat Al-Zukhruf” (Ornaments) in the Holy Quran: “And were it not that mankind would have become one community (of disbelievers), We might well have appointed, for those who disbelieve in the Beneficent, roofs of silver for their houses and stairs (of silver) whereby to mount, and for their houses doors (of silver) and couches of silver whereon to recline, and ornaments of gold. Yet all that would have been but a provision of the life of the world. And the Hereafter with your Lord would have been for those who keep away from evil.”
• Melting silver: Will be angry with one’s wife and people will speak ill of the dreamer.
Stair Dream Explanation — • A sick person climbing stairs till reaching the top: He will pass away. If at last he enters a room, his soul will go to Paradise. The reverse is also true.
• Standing on the ladder: The dreamer likes to overhear, in view of the Quranic verse: “Or have they any stairway (unto heaven) by means of which they overhear (decrees)? Then let their listeners produce some warrant manifest!” (“Al-Tur” [The Mount], verse 38.)
Stair Dream Explanation — It could also mean that the dreamer will seek the help of hypocrites or that he will travel.
• Climbing stairs: The dreamer will have a successful and fruitful journey or fulfil other objectives (like going to the pilgrimage, becoming a chief, et cetera) or not, depending on the conclusion and what is waiting for the dreamer or what he ultimately finds when or if he reaches the top. In case, for instance, he finds forty men or forty dinars (or dollars, for example), his aims will be achieved. The number thirty is a bad omen in view of the story of Moses. (See Numbers)).
Ladder Dream Explanation — A wooden ladder in a dream means distress and toiling one may endure during a journey. A ladder in a dream also represents peace and safety. Climbing a ladder in a dream means receiving a warning or an admonition to do good and eschew evil for someone who does not oblige. If one's ladder turns into concrete stairs in a dream, it means assiduity and veiling or protecting of one's privacy. A ladder laid on the floor in a dream means authority, while a raised ladder means recovering from an illness. A ladder also represents travels, comfort to a person who is struck by sorrows, or it could represent a great person. Climbing a new ladder in a dream means reaching new spiritual attainments, or it could represent his business success.
Mountain Dream Explanation — • The same dream for someone who is not sailing and has nothing to do with the sea: Will deviate from the consensus, hold independent views, and come out with fantasies and heresies. It would be especially so if the dreamer was accompanied by wild mountain animals or if there was a judge, a scholar, or a just imam on the vessel he left.
• Climbing a mountain relates to something the dreamer is requesting. If he climbed without difficulty or on stairs and reached the top, demands will be met without problems. If on the contrary, the ascent was rough or he failed to reach the top or fell, the reverse would apply and he would have as many tragedies as limbs were broken, et cetera.
Sky Dream Explanation — In Arabic, there is only one word for sky and heaven, the same as in French. The sky symbolizes the king’s court and his entourage, which are as difficult to reach as the sky is (or used to be in ancient times).
• Anything falling from the sky, be it good or bad: That thing will come from Heaven.
• Climbing to the sky on a ladder: The dreamer will be dignified and reap benefits from the king.
• Climbing to the sky without any ladder or stairs: The dreamer will be disappointed and terrorized by the sultan. If the dreamer’s intention is to overhear, he will spy on the sultan and break into his palace or treasury to rob him. In case he reaches the sky, he will succeed. The reverse is also true.
• A sick person getting to the sky and failing to return: He will die and his soul will go to Heaven.
Stair Dream Explanation — Stairs symbolize the rise in life and elevation in the Hereafter. They also allude to the notion of step by step, the travellers stopovers or transit points, the years of life, or days of work toward a certain goal. The staircase also refers to the majordomo or the housekeeper, the dreamer’s horse or whatever animal he rides, et cetera. For a ruler or a governor of some kind steps made of mortar mean promotion, welfare, and religion. For a merchant they mean business with piety and ethics. Steps made of bricks are resented, because bricks enter the fire. If made of stone, they mean promotion and welfare but arrived at with a stone heart. Made of wood, they mean welfare and promotion with hypocrisy and dissimulation. Steps made of gold mean that the dreamer will govern and enjoy abundance. If the steps are made of silver, the dreamer will have as many slave girls or servants. Brass or bronze steps mean that he will have the best of this world.