Smell Dream Explanation
— (Also see Nose.)
• A nice
smell: Relief will come soon.
• A pregnant woman dreaming of smelling something nice: Will have a jovial son.
Sing Dream Explanation
singing means profitable business. The reverse is also true. The singer himself is regarded as a knowledgeable and wise person and a reminder. For rich people singing in the marketplace alludes to scandals and ugly traps. For the poor the same dream means that they will lose their mind. Some interpreters believe that singing refers to clamour, uproar, disputes, strong arguments, and wrestling in view of the gesticulations in dancing that are associated with singing and sometimes resemble a fight.
• Dreaming that there is singing in some place: Lies will separate those who love each other and covetous and evil-eyed persons will deceive others because, says Ibn Siren: “The first, ever, to have sung and wailed was damned Satan, may God curse him.”
• Singing nice
poems or songs on a harmonious note and with a loud but pleasant voice: Good dream for singers, composers, and their bands. Singing with a harsh voice and without melody: Unemployment and misery.
• Walking in the mud and singing: Good dreams, especially for those who sell lutes.
• Singing in the bathroom: Equivocal statements.
Peacock Dream Explanation
— The peacock symbolizes smiling people, sight of whom in the morning with their good mood is a nice
augury. But dreaming of a peacock sometimes gives rise to opposing interpretations. To some it refers to a crown, nice
clothes, and jewels, the aesthetic sense, the admiration of and passion for beauty, the pleasurable husband or wife, and the good children. To others it means speaking ill of others, vanity, resorting to one’s enemies, the termination of blessings, and the forthcoming absence of prosperity and ease to experience poverty or hardly manage to subsist.
• Seeing a peahen: A reference to a non-Muslim foreign lady jinxed but pretty and rich inasmuch as the peahen’s color and feathers seemed beautiful.
• Slaughtering a peahen: The death of such a foreign lady; eating its meat means that the dreamer will inherit from her or will strike it rich through an alien woman.
• A peacock: A foreign king. Befriending it means that the dreamer will make friends with such a monarch.
• Catching and owning a peacock: The dreamer will have his way with or even dominate a foreign king.
• Subduing a peahen: Will have money and children.
• Finding peahen eggs: Will have a male child.
• Plucking some feathers from a peahen: Will obtain money from a woman or because of her. In case the dreamer also seizes some of its eggs, he will possess money through the offspring of such a woman.
• Bringing together a peacock and a pigeon: The dreamer is a pimp.
Nightingale Dream Explanation
— The nightingale symbolizes a nice
woman whose mouth is full of honey; a singer or a qari who reads out the Holy Quran with special intonations. To a ruler it represents a wise minister who manages his affairs perfectly. The Persian Nightingale refers to a rich man, a wealthy woman, a small boy, or a blessed child who reads out the Holy Quran correctly without musical composition.
Swallow Dream Explanation
— The swallow or swift, which the Arabs literally call paradise bird, is a blessed man or a blessed woman belonging to someone
. It could also refer to a young boy who reads the Holy Quran properly. Other interpretations include a devout individual who fears God and is nice
to others, a man of letters, or a person who comes to others rescue. It is a good augury for future actions, especially for the planting of trees.
• Seeing swallows in one’s house or owning plenty of them: Honest money.
• Seeing swallows leaving one’s home: Relatives will depart.
• Seizing a swallow: Illegal money.
• Turning into a swallow: Robbers will break into the dreamer’s house.
Sweat Dream Explanation
— Sweating means harm. According to Abu Said Al-Waez:
• Wiping one’s sweat: Wishes will be fulfilled.
• A ruler dreaming of stinking perspiration from under the armpit: Will overspend and earn a bad reputation.
• A commoner dreaming of stinking perspiration: Will commit adultery. According to Ibn Siren, sweat means financial losses, especially if it flows on the ground.
• One’s clothes being wet with sweat: Will save money for children as much as there was sweat.
• Sweat with a nice
smell: Blessed money. For Al-Kirmani, sweating means: (1) Things will go through. (2) If ill, will recover. Other interpreters are of the view that sweat symbolizes shame or fatigue.
Neck Dream Explanation
— In a dream, a neck represents an embrace, a donation with terms, a legal will or a conditional endowment. The neck and the shoulders in a dream represent one's trust or trustworthiness. A healthy strong neck in a dream means trustworthiness and ability to repay one's debts. Wounds, festering, or purulence in one's neck in a dream mean betraying Allah's trust. If one sees a nice
bird sitting over his neck in a dream, it means benefits or an alibi. If it is not a gentle bird, then it becomes a bad omen or a rebuke. If one sees a necklace, a rope, a wire or a thread wrapped around his neck in a dream, it means fulfilling a promise, acquiring knowledge, status and honored. (Also see Body)
Stew Dream Explanation
— (Indian meal; Indian stew) Cooking a dish of boiled meat and vegetables in a dream means profits and prosperity for a poor person. Cooking Indian stew which is a meal consisting of corn and other vegetables in a dream means poverty, worship, or devotion. Cooking unripened vegetables in a dream means an illness. If one cooks a nice
meal for himself in a dream, it means that he will be honored, or it could mean a political appointment, or money. If someone
else cooks one's meal in a dream, it may denote double-crossing, deception, or perhaps it may mean receiving help from someone
according to one's own intention or state. (Also see Boiled vegetables; Kitchen; Ladle)
Wife Dream Explanation
— Seeing one’s wife with somebody else means: (1) The dreamer will lose money or prestige. (2) His religious faith will be affected. Conversely, the same dream could mean that the dreamer will become self-sufficient and get all he aims for or that his wife is an industrious lady who will lead an easy life and that her family will get rich.
• Seeing one’s wife proposing you take another wife or a woman: Will part from her or have an argument.
• Seeing one’s wife being offered as a gift or wedded to somebody else: Will lose religious faith temporarily.
• The dreamer’s wife carrying him: Benefits and wealth or, on the contrary, shame.
• One’s pregnant wife inviting a man: Will give birth to a male child.
• One’s wife inviting a man: Benefits and welfare.
• Dreaming that the wife has become old: Bad dream.
• The wife becoming more beautiful and attractive: Will become more religious and lucky in life and will obtain plenty of benefits.
• One’s wife committing abominations: It means the reverse.
• One’s wife losing interest in worldly matters and worshiping God: Nice
Voice Dream Explanation
— • Raising one’s voice: The dreamer is promoting something wrong in view of a verse in the Holy Quran that reads: “Be modest in thy bearing and subdue thy voice. Lo! the harshest of all voices is the voice of the ass.” (“Luqman,” verse 19.)
• Hearing a nice
and clear voice: The dreamer will be given a province or some very high post.
• Hearing a herald giving good tidings, announcing bad news, or proclaiming that something is prohibited: His words should be taken at face value.
• Being talked to in various languages: The dreamer will have a great realm.
• Launching a cry in the wilderness: The dreamer’s means of living will decrease.
• Raising one’s voice above that of scholar: The dreamer is committing a sin in view of a verse in the Holy Quran that says: “Lo! They who subdue their voices in the presence of the Messenger of Allah, those are they whose hearts Allah hath proven unto righteousness. Theirs will be forgiveness and immense reward.” (“Al-Hujurat” [The Private Apartments], verse 03.)54
Sweets Dream Explanation
— Seeing or eating sweets in a dream indicates one's sincerity in his religious attendance, release of a prisoner, arrival of a traveller, recovery of a sick person, marriage of an unwed person, guidance, repentance, learning the Quran, buying new clothing for one's children, having a loyal servant, or earning blessed monies. Seasonal sweets in a dream represent witnessing an annual festival, or the reinstatement of a just ruler. To feel saturated with sweets in a dream means self-conceit, lies, or it could mean extolment, or speaking nice
words. Eating sweets in a dream also means suffering from cold symptoms. Though, eating fermented sweets or preserves in a dream may represent a cure. If a sweet is made from the basic four ingredients (i.e., honey, sugar, flour and manna or dates, or other fillings) in a dream, it means happiness, longevity, or escaping from the consequences of a dangerous business one ventures in with greed. As for a believer, eating sweets in a dream means tasting the blessings of one's faith, though for a disbeliever, it means indulging in the pleasures of this world. (Also see Pastry; Seasonal sweets; Sweets maker)
Heel Dream Explanation
— In a dream, heels represent one's children or heirs. If one discovers that he has no heels in a dream, it means that he has no heirs in his family. If one's heel is broken or cut off in a dream, it could mean the death of his child. A broken heel in a dream also means an adventure that one will regret. A broken heel in a dream also could mean depression, calamity, sorrow, a trial, or one's death. The right heel in a dream represents the son and the left heel represents the daughter. One's heels in a dream also imply the conclusion of his life in this world and his judgment in the hereafter. One's heels in a dream also represent his estate. Strong heels in a dream represent good deeds. Dark heels in a dream represent heedlessness and disobedience to the divine commands of Allah Almighty. Heels in a dream also signify punishment for one's sins. One's heels in a dream also may represent a son who is a gambler. A low heel and tendon in a dream represent a daring, courageous and a forward person. As for a bachelor, seeing his heels in a dream means marriage. Heels in a dream also mean vain talk. Playing with one's heels in a dream means enjoying one's success over his opponent. A broken heel in a dream means an illness. One's heels also represent his property and money. Having no heels in a dream means losing one's wealth. A nice
looking heel in a dream means glad tidings and blessings. (Also see Body)
Chest Dream Explanation
— (Bosom; Heart) If one has a broad and a nice
looking chest in a dream, it means repentance of a sinner or being eager and willing to follow the truth and to comply with it, or it could mean making it easy to accept things that were difficult to absorb. If a woman sees her beloved inside her chest in a dream, it means that she is suffering because of him or complaining about him, or if she is ill, it means that she will recover from her illness. To have a broad chest in a dream also means giving preference to others needs. One's chest in a dream also represents what one may conceal in it of knowledge, guidance, heedlessness or it could represent a coffer where one hides his money. One's chest in a dream also represents a guest, one's wife, a rank, a position, magnanimity or generosity. The narrowness of one's chest in a dream represents heedlessness, or it could mean going astray, loss of money, or one's stinginess. If one sees his chest turned into a stone in a dream, it means that he is a hard hearted person. However, a broad chest in a dream also could signify being unjust. The chest in a dream also represents the house of worries and anxieties. Having chest pain in a dream denotes a sin one is being punished for, or it could mean being a spendthrift or generous in other than Allah's pleasure, and the pain in the dream represents his punishment for it. If a man sees himself having a woman's breasts in his dream, it means that he will get married, or fall in love with a woman, or have a secret affair that will turn into a scandal. (Also see Body)
Citron Dream Explanation
— Citron, also called Adam’s apple or pie melon, is a good thing to dream of in view of its nice
smell and other qualities. It refers to the devout Muslim who reads the Quran very often. The best that could be dreamt of is a green one. One, two, or three citrons mean children. Many pie melons mean money and a good repute.
• Eating sweet citrons: Will amass money or obtain money made by somebody else.
• Eating sour or bitter citrons: Will have a mild disease.
• Cutting off or picking a citron: The dreamer has a sound body and will enjoy a fertile year. The yellow citron alludes to a prosperous year, but not one devoid of a mild disease.
• Cutting a citron in two parts: Will marry a foreign, but honest and rich woman who will give birth to a boy and a girl of frail health.
• A woman dreaming that she has citrons on her knees: Will give birth to a blessed girl.
• A woman dreaming that she has a crown from a citron tree on her head: Will marry a religious man who has a good reputation.
• A man dreaming that his wife has given him citrons: She will give birth to a male child.
• Throwing citrons at somebody: The dreamer wishes to marry a relative of that person.
Mouth Dream Explanation
— (Cellar) In a dream, one's mouth represents his life from inception to completion. One's mouth in a dream also represents the course of one's livelihood and the source of his strength. Putting medicine in one's mouth in a dream means correcting one's life for the better. If one puts food in his mouth in a dream, it means worldly gains and profits, unless one puts something that tastes bad, or which is spoiled, then it means losses, distress and depression. Putting good and tasty food or sweets in one's mouth in a dream means living a happy and a rich life. If one's mouth is buckled in a dream, it means death, sickness, dumbness, silence, helplessness, or defeat. If one's mouth looks larger than usual in the dream, it denotes growth and greater benefits, but if one's mouth looks smaller in the dream, then it means the opposite. If one's mouth smells good in the dream, it means speaking good words. Infection of one's mouth in a dream means a disaster or business losses. If something nice
comes out of one's mouth in a dream, it means kindness toward others. If one sees his mouth sealed in a dream and did not know who did it, it means a scandal or defamation. In a dream, one's mouth is interpreted in seven ways; It could mean knowledge, a coffer, a cellar, a bookcase, a market, a doorman, a minister, or a door. If a pious person sees a harness around his mouth in a dream, it means fasting from food. If an impious person sees that, it means rebuke and reprimand. (Also see Body)
Archangels Dream Explanation
— Azrail (the Archangel of Death)
• Seeing Azrail: (1) Must prepare for death. (2) Death of a sick person. (3) A lurking enemy. (4) Will have a long life.
• Azrail seeming happy: The dreamer will die as a martyr.
• Azrail frowning and looking unhappy: The dreamer will die without repenting.
• Wrestling with Azrail: (1) If he overcomes the Angel of Death, the dreamer will face death, but God will save him. (2) If the Angel of Death gains the upper hand, the dreamer will die.
• Kissing Azrail or vice versa: (1) Inheritance. (2) Dispersal. (3) Something bad will happen. Israfil (the archangel who will blow the horn to summon mankind on the Day of Resurrection)
• Seeing Israfil: Good tidings and a beneficial trip.
• Israfil bending and blowing the horn and only the dreamer hearing its sound: The dreamer will pass away. Israfil bending and blowing the horn and other people in the area hearing the horn: (1) Death and atrocities will take place in that spot. (2) Justice will prevail and the unjust will perish. Jibril (Gabriel) Seeing Jibril:
• Will embark on a journey to seek knowledge abroad and return successfully. In modern terms, will study and graduate from abroad.
• Will triumph over enemies.
• Will promote virtue and combat vice.
• Being hostile to Jibril or arguing with him: Will arouse God’s wrath and anger and concur with non-Muslims.
• Taking food from Jibril: Will deserve Paradise.
• Jibril looking sad and worried: Will encounter hardships and be punished, for Gabriel is not only the Archangel of Knowledge and Learning but of Chastisement as well.
• Jibril appearing in a city or village: Abundance and cheaper prices, because he is the Archangel of Mercy, too. Malek (the Custodian of Hell)
• Seeing Malek: Will be questioned or arrested by the police.
• Malek smiling: Will be safe from prison.
• Malek seen smiling by a sick person: The dreamer may die.
• Malek giving some nice
food to the dreamer: (1) You love God, His Messenger, and the believers. (2) You will have more dignity and power. (3) You will abstain from hypocrisy and sins. (4) You will return to the right path after erring.
• A cordial and enthusiastic Malek: Will be safe from Hell.
• Malek dissatisfied with the dreamer, turning away or staring angrily at him: Will commit something conducive to Hell. Mikail (Michael) Seeing Mikail:
• For a person who fears God: desires will be fulfilled on earth and in the Hereafter; for a disbeliever: A warning!
• Will acquire money, dignity, and power.
• Will be generous and charitable. Radwan (the Custodian of Paradise)
• Seeing Radwan: (1) Felicity, lasting happiness. (2) The fulfilment of promises. (3) The fulfilment of wishes. (3) Achievements. (5) Reconciliation and return of the good favours of the authority, especially if Radwan has given the dreamer a fruit or a cloth from Paradise or has been smiling at him. (6) God’s blessing, prosperity. (7) Nice
living. (8) The end of all worries.
• Radwan appearing happy with the dreamer or treating him cordially: God is pleased with the subject and will shower His overt and covert blessings on him. Siddiqoon, Alias Nuriai, Alias Ruhail. (The Archangel of Dreams and Adages Based on the “Guarded Tablets.”)21 Siddiqoon symbolizes excellence, the science of probing and unveiling secrets, the interpreter who translates for kings and knows their secrets, and the erudite.
• Seeing Siddiqoon: (1) Good augury, good tidings. (2) Avid reading in tablets and books, as is the case with those working in the fields of education and writing. (3) Joy. (4) The fulfilment of promises. (5) Life and death. (6) Governing. (7) Marriage and children. (8) Travel and return. (9) Glory and defeat.
• Siddiqoon telling or giving something to the dreamer: It will be so.
Tongue Dream Explanation
— The tongue symbolizes the dreamer’s translator or the person who settles his matters as his heart desires or brings him good or evil. The best dream is that which involves a suitable and well-balanced tongue, not too small, not too long, not too large.
• The tongue appearing longer or larger than usual and the subject seeing himself in the dream pleading successfully and eloquently: Strength and victory.
• Having a long tongue: (1) The dreamer uses obscene language. (2) The dreamer is polite, great, and always victorious.
• The imam (Muslims spiritual leader) dreaming that his tongue has become quite long: (1) The dreamer will have more weapons. (2) He will achieve gains with the help of a translator or an interpreter.
• The tongue being tied up: Poverty and disease.
• Black hair growing on the tongue: Immediate harm.
• White hair growing on the tongue: Forthcoming evil.
• Having two tongues: The dreamer will acquire more knowledge and more proof or evidence and defeat enemies.
• Having an ailment in the tongue and being unable to speak properly: (1) The dreamer will say something detrimental to himself inasmuch as the ailment looked bad. (2) The dreamer is a liar. (3) The dreamer will incur business losses. (4) If the dreamer is a ruler, he will be overthrown.
• The tip of the tongue having been cut: (1) The dreamer will not be able to produce evidence in a dispute. (2) If the dreamer is a witness, he will not tell the truth or his testimony will be rejected.
• The tongue having been severed: The dreamer will be patient and tolerant.
• Dreaming that his wife has cut off his tongue: The dreamer will be nice
and good to her.
• The wife’s tongue having been severed: She is virtuous and discreet.
• Cutting the tongue of a poor person: The dreamer will give something to a fool or a prodigal.
• The tongue having stuck to the palate or roof of the mouth: The dreamer will deny a debt or a trust.
Palm Dream Explanation
— (Hand) In a dream, the palm of one's hand represents one's fitness in wakefulness. Clapping one's hands in a dream could either mean joy and happiness, or it could mean nothing in wakefulness. Carrying a glove in one's hand in a dream means ceasing the course of wrongdoing. Slapping one's own face with both hands means sorrow, sadness, or calamities. Hitting the top of one's hand into the palm of the other hand means separation. In a dream, the palm of one's hand also represents one's strength. To stretch open one's palm in a dream signifies wealth and prosperity. Holding a tight fist in a dream implies poverty, or tight living conditions. If one sees hair growing in the palm of his hand in a dream, it means depression, distress and debts. Growing hair on top of one's hand in a dream indicates one's strength or virility. Seeing one's hand hanging down from the skies in a dream denotes one's connections with the ruler or people in authority. A stretched hand from the skies in a dream also could mean profits and blessings for a hunter, a builder and a real estate professional. In a dream, the palm of one's hand also represents his world. It also may mean ceasing a certain course of action. If one finds himself afraid, then sees the palm of a hand holding out before him in a dream, it means that his fears will be dispelled. A large and a stretched palm in a dream means prosperity and generosity. A close fist in a dream means stinginess. A nice
looking palm of one's hand also signifies abstaining from evil, or failing to pay charity. The palm of one's hand in a dream also represents one's prayers and supplications, comfort, seeking the comfort of others, or receiving benefits from others. The palm of one's hand in a dream also represents a year, ways of life, money, leadership, a son, courage and desisting from evildoing. (See Desisting from evildoing)
Wadi Dream Explanation
— (Valley) Seeing a ravine or a valley with a dry watercourse in a dream means going on a tiring trip, taking a long journey, or it could represent an intractable person. Seeing a wadi in a dream denotes good deeds, or making offerings to please Allah Almighty. A wadi in a dream also represents its dwellers, a tribe from that region, or its plantations. If one sees the wadi blossoming with fruit trees, fragrant flowers, a running water course, or if one hears nice
words during such a dream, it means that he will rise in station, or mingle with people in power, or receive an appointment in the government, and for a righteous person, it means that miraculous events and blessings will be shown at his hands by Allah's leave. Seeing a wadi in a dream also means rain, and that the ravine will be filled with rainwater. A wadi in a dream also could represent a prison because of the steep mountains surrounding it and the difficulty in crossing it. Seeing oneself in a wadi floating in the air until one reaches a desired altitude in a dream means working for a powerful person. A wadi in a dream also represents a warrior, a bandit, a highway robber or a lion. If a wadi obstructs one's journey in a dream, it may represent a robbery, heavy rain, or having to face a dangerous person. If one is not travelling, then it means distress, adversity, harm, imprisonment, fear, or illness. Crossing a wadi in the wintertime in a dream means escaping from danger. Digging a wadi in a dream means the death of a family member. Falling into a steep wadi in a dream and feeling no pain or incurring no harm from it in a dream means that one will receive a gift from someone
in authority or from his superior. Inhabiting a valley with no vegetation in a dream means performing one's pilgrimage to Mecca. To wander aimlessly in a wadi in a dream means writing a poem. (Also see Flying)
Dates Dream Explanation
— Dates symbolize the reading of the Holy Quran, good religious faith, rain, general and honest welfare, and savings.
• Eating high-quality dates: Will hear something good and useful.
• Buying dates: Will save money or receive money from some safe or treasury.
• Opening a date and removing its pit: Will have a child, in view of a verse in the Holy Quran: “Lo! Allah (it is) Who splitteth the grain of corn and the date-stone (for sprouting). He bringeth forth the living from the dead, and is The bringer-forth of the dead from the living. Such is Allah. How then are ye perverted?” (“Al-Anam” [Cattle], verse 95.)
• Eating dates with tar: Will divorce secretly.
• Seeing a measure of dates: A booty.
• Seeing scattered dates: The dreamer is planning a trip.
• Picking a date from a palm tree during the right season: (1) Will marry a noble, rich, and blessed woman. (2) Will obtain money from generous and noble people without effort. (3) The dreamer’s farm will yield him good money. (4) Will acquire useful knowledge and benefit from it. If the date was picked in the wrong season, he would acquire such knowledge but not use it.
• Picking nice
dates from a dry palm tree: (1) Will learn something useful from an unholy man. (2) If in trouble, relief will come.
• Dates being picked for the dreamer: Money will come to the dreamer through dangerous people he will govern. A man said, “I dreamed that I found forty dates.” “You will receive forty lashes,” said the famous dream interpreter Ibn Siren. Sometime later, the same man came to Ibn Siren and told him he found forty dates at the gate of the sultan, to which Ibn Siren said that the man would receive one thousand dirham's. When asked about the contradiction, Ibn Siren said that the first dream was made when the season was over and trees were dry; as for the second, it took place when waters were irrigating the trees. And he was right, on both occasions.
| || |