Smell Dream Explanation — (Also see Nose.)
• A nice smell: Relief will come soon.
• A pregnant woman dreaming of smelling something nice: Will have a jovial son.
Peacock Dream Explanation — The peacock symbolizes smiling people, sight of whom in the morning with their good mood is a nice augury. But dreaming of a peacock sometimes gives rise to opposing interpretations. To some it refers to a crown, nice clothes, and jewels, the aesthetic sense, the admiration of and passion for beauty, the pleasurable husband or wife, and the good children. To others it means speaking ill of others, vanity, resorting to one’s enemies, the termination of blessings, and the forthcoming absence of prosperity and ease to experience poverty or hardly manage to subsist.
• Seeing a peahen: A reference to a non-Muslim foreign lady jinxed but pretty and rich inasmuch as the peahen’s color and feathers seemed beautiful.
Sweat Dream Explanation — • One’s clothes being wet with sweat: Will save money for children as much as there was sweat.
• Sweat with a nice smell: Blessed money. For Al-Kirmani, sweating means: (1) Things will go through. (2) If ill, will recover. Other interpreters are of the view that sweat symbolizes shame or fatigue.
Moon Dream Explanation — • Seeing a beautiful and harmonious crescent: Will have a nice baby, be given a province, or achieve business gains, depending on the dreamer’s status.
• The crescent looking red: Wife will have a miscarriage.
• A crescent falling on the ground: Death of a scholar or a son.
• People trying unsuccessfully to get a glimpse of the new moon, which is visible only to the dreamer: The latter will die.
Neck Dream Explanation — If one sees a nice bird sitting over his neck in a dream, it means benefits or an alibi. If it is not a gentle bird, then it becomes a bad omen or a rebuke. If one sees a necklace, a rope, a wire or a thread wrapped around his neck in a dream, it means fulfilling a promise, acquiring knowledge, status and honored. (Also see Body)
Sing Dream Explanation — Nice singing means profitable business. The reverse is also true. The singer himself is regarded as a knowledgeable and wise person and a reminder. For rich people singing in the marketplace alludes to scandals and ugly traps. For the poor the same dream means that they will lose their mind. Some interpreters believe that singing refers to clamour, uproar, disputes, strong arguments, and wrestling in view of the gesticulations in dancing that are associated with singing and sometimes resemble a fight.
Tongue Dream Explanation — • The tongue having been severed: The dreamer will be patient and tolerant.
• Dreaming that his wife has cut off his tongue: The dreamer will be nice and good to her.
• The wife’s tongue having been severed: She is virtuous and discreet.
• Cutting the tongue of a poor person: The dreamer will give something to a fool or a prodigal.
• The tongue having stuck to the palate or roof of the mouth: The dreamer will deny a debt or a trust.
Nightingale Dream Explanation — The nightingale symbolizes a nice woman whose mouth is full of honey; a singer or a qari who reads out the Holy Quran with special intonations. To a ruler it represents a wise minister who manages his affairs perfectly. The Persian Nightingale refers to a rich man, a wealthy woman, a small boy, or a blessed child who reads out the Holy Quran correctly without musical composition.
Wife Dream Explanation — • One’s pregnant wife inviting a man: Will give birth to a male child.
• One’s wife inviting a man: Benefits and welfare.
• Dreaming that the wife has become old: Bad dream.
• The wife becoming more beautiful and attractive: Will become more religious and lucky in life and will obtain plenty of benefits.
• One’s wife committing abominations: It means the reverse.
• One’s wife losing interest in worldly matters and worshiping God: Nice dream.
Sing Dream Explanation — • Dreaming that there is singing in some place: Lies will separate those who love each other and covetous and evil-eyed persons will deceive others because, says Ibn Siren: “The first, ever, to have sung and wailed was damned Satan, may God curse him.”
• Singing nice poems or songs on a harmonious note and with a loud but pleasant voice: Good dream for singers, composers, and their bands. Singing with a harsh voice and without melody: Unemployment and misery.
• Walking in the mud and singing: Good dreams, especially for those who sell lutes.
• Singing in the bathroom: Equivocal statements.
Voice Dream Explanation — • Raising one’s voice: The dreamer is promoting something wrong in view of a verse in the Holy Quran that reads: “Be modest in thy bearing and subdue thy voice. Lo! the harshest of all voices is the voice of the ass.” (“Luqman,” verse 19.)
• Hearing a nice and clear voice: The dreamer will be given a province or some very high post.
• Hearing a herald giving good tidings, announcing bad news, or proclaiming that something is prohibited: His words should be taken at face value.
• Being talked to in various languages: The dreamer will have a great realm.
Sweets Dream Explanation — Seeing or eating sweets in a dream indicates one's sincerity in his religious attendance, release of a prisoner, arrival of a traveller, recovery of a sick person, marriage of an unwed person, guidance, repentance, learning the Quran, buying new clothing for one's children, having a loyal servant, or earning blessed monies. Seasonal sweets in a dream represent witnessing an annual festival, or the reinstatement of a just ruler. To feel saturated with sweets in a dream means self-conceit, lies, or it could mean extolment, or speaking nice words.
Vagina Dream Explanation —
• Penetrating a vagina: (1) The dreamer will place a fat mutton in a furnace. (2) He will put a paste in an oven. (3) He will eat an exotic fruit.
• Seeing the vagina of an identified woman: The dreamer will uncover her secret.
• The vagina of an identified woman looking nice and healthy: Her husband or son will be better off.
• A man with a vagina: He is not faring well and is being humiliated, or the reverse. If he has worries or is in jail, he will be freed.
• A man standing trial or being tracked by an enemy seeing a vagina (or, better, if he goes into it): The dreamer will win his case or defeat and crush his enemy.
Archangels Dream Explanation — Malek (the Custodian of Hell)
• Seeing Malek: Will be questioned or arrested by the police.
• Malek smiling: Will be safe from prison.
• Malek seen smiling by a sick person: The dreamer may die.
• Malek giving some nice food to the dreamer: (1) You love God, His Messenger, and the believers. (2) You will have more dignity and power. (3) You will abstain from hypocrisy and sins. (4) You will return to the right path after erring.
• A cordial and enthusiastic Malek: Will be safe from Hell.
• Malek dissatisfied with the dreamer, turning away or staring angrily at him: Will commit something conducive to Hell.
Tree Dream Explanation — Ancient Arab dream interpreters said that whereas the tree referred to the man’s deeds, religion, or ego, its leaves symbolizes his character, its beauty his nice shape and clothing, its branches his brothers, relatives, folk, and beliefs, its heart his hidden essence and his secrets, its bark his appearance, skin, and all that he uses to adorn himself with, and its semen his faith, piety, assets, and life. The tree also represents the female kind, for it is irrigated; it bears (fruits) and delivers. It also refers to various places and persons associated with food, money, and wealth, like shops, warehouses, banquets, slaves, servants, and cattle.
Gold Dream Explanation — Gold dinars (coins) are the least harmful, because Daniel the Wise was reported as saying that having more than four dinars in one’s hand meant the dreamer would be hated and hear bad things commensurate with the number of coins. If the number of coins is known, worries will be minor. According to Ibn Siren, having one dinar of medium size is a reference to a nice and cozy house, five dinars means that the subject would do something acceptable, and an even number of dinars between one hundred and one thousand means that the dreamer will become a specialist in conducting tests. Giving a dinar to somebody means one will lose part of one’s knowledge. Anyhow, contradictory views exist about the metal.
Anus Dream Explanation — • A kind of snake coming out of one’s anus: Estranged children.
• A snake coming out of the dreamer’s collar or anus and going into the earth: The dreamer’s time is over.
• A snake coming out of the dreamer’s ear, belly, vagina, or anus: Will commit a sin and give up religious faith or the dreamer’s children might turn inimical.
• According to Is Haq Ibrahim ibn Abdullah Al-Kirmani, another authority on dreams quoted by Ibn Shaheen, the sight of the anus augurs well for the dreamer. More, if a nice smell is coming out of the anus, it means that people are praising the hero of the dream. The reverse is also true.
Swallow Dream Explanation — The swallow or swift, which the Arabs literally call paradise bird, is a blessed man or a blessed woman belonging to someone. It could also refer to a young boy who reads the Holy Quran properly. Other interpretations include a devout individual who fears God and is nice to others, a man of letters, or a person who comes to others rescue. It is a good augury for future actions, especially for the planting of trees.
• Seeing swallows in one’s house or owning plenty of them: Honest money.
• Seeing swallows leaving one’s home: Relatives will depart.
• Seizing a swallow: Illegal money.
• Turning into a swallow: Robbers will break into the dreamer’s house.
Beard Dream Explanation — • A beautiful and proportionate beard, not too long, not too short: Money, prestige, and nice living.
• The beard longer than it should be or than it is in reality: Debts and worries.
• The beard lengthening till reaching the belly and sticking to it: Money and prestige but not before toiling inasmuch as the beard seemed sticking to the belly.
• The beard reaching the navel: The dreamer is disobeying God.
• The beard reaching the navel and the dreamer looking at it: The latter is a muath-then (he who calls for prayers), but one who acts as a Peeping Tom from the top of his minaret, looking through the windows all around.
• The beard lengthening on both sides but not from the middle: Will acquire money, which somebody else will enjoy.
Milk Dream Explanation — • Bear milk: Harm and a quick-coming catastrophe.
• Drinking snake milk: (1) Will do something that will please God. (2) Relief and escape from harm. In general, curdled milk is a bad omen, but it could also herald a trip. Curdled milk whose water has been drained means that the dreamer will listen to women. Sour milk or yogurt means that benefits will be reaped, but not without trouble and painful events. Some dream interpreters consider it dirty money. It could also mean that the dreamer is dealing with bankrupt people, because its cream has been removed from it, or he might be expecting a nice gesture from evil persons. The whey or watery part of milk is an overwhelming debt, in view of its sour taste.