Serpent Dream Explanation
— The serpent in the dream symbolizes man’s enemy, in general, since Satan used it to let Adam eat the forbidden fruit. The size of such an enemy is commensurate with the serpent’s length, diameter, strength, venom, et cetera. But no enemy is worse and more terrible than a black snake. The water snake represents support to the unjust and more power to the ruler or chief. The serpent or snake also symbolizes: (1) A powerful and rich enemy (for the venom refers to money) who conceals his hostility and has a strong name and ugly face. (2) Hostility of one’s own family, spouse, or children, in view of verse 14 of the Quranic surah or chapter “Al-Taghabun” (Mutual Disillusion), which reads as follows: “O ye who believe! Lo! among your wives and your children there are enemies for you, therefore beware of them. And if ye efface and overlook and forgive, then lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.” (3) A demon. (4) An atheist or a heretic. (5) A woman. (6) A boy or an offspring. (7) The dweller in the valley. (8) A high post. (9) A chief. (10) A treasure. (11) One’s bread or livelihood. (12) The dreamer’s endeavours. (13) Waters, streams, or a torrent resulting from heavy rain, in view of the similarity between the movement of snakes
and fluids. (14) A highway bandit. (15) A covetous and spiteful neighbour who casts an evil eye on whatever he sees. (16) Evil, covetousness, fraud, deceit, wickedness (like the snake’s tortuous movement), and open animosity. (17) An adulterer or an adulteress, in view of their character and bites. (18) Death.
• Dominating or owning a snake: Will wield tremendous power.
• A snake swallowing the dreamer’s penis: His wife has committed adultery.
• A white snake: A bitter enemy. If the dreamer lifts it up, it means he will be promoted.
• A black snake surrounded by smaller ones: Will have more servants and black slaves.
• A green snake: Beware of two enemies.
• A yellow snake: A sick and weak enemy.
• A red snake: An enemy has the backing of his tribe or clan.
• A snake with paws or feet: Powerful enemies.
• A smooth and slippery winged snake: (1) The treasure of a king or a royal gift, in case the dreamer manages to handle it as he wills. (2) The dreamer’s luck.
• A small snake of whatever color: (1) A weak enemy. (2) A small boy or a son. (3) A hostile family member.
• A horned viper showing its fangs: Beware of a huge and spiteful enemy or: If the dreamer is a minister, he will be given a portfolio. If the dreamer is a merchant, he will achieve gains.
• A metal snake, especially one made of gold or silver: Benefits.
• Snake meat and grease: Legitimate seizure of a foe’s money (i.e., spoils of war) and immunity from the venom of that enemy.
• Eating raw snake meat: Will triumph over the enemy and enjoy seizing his money.
• Eating cooked snake meat: Will triumph over the enemy and gain blessed money through Jihad (holy war).
• Being poisoned and seeing the stomach swelling after eating cooked snake meat: Will be harmed and lose heavily to an enemy after challenging him. If the poison acts till the dreamer’s flesh and bones disintegrate, he will fight an enemy and his children will be scattered all over the country. In case he dies from that food poisoning, he will die at the hands of an enemy.
• Being bitten by a snake: Will sustain as much harm at the enemy’s hands as the bite was strong.
• A snake talking to the dreamer nice and soft: Fantastic welfare.
• A snake talking harshly to the dreamer: Troubles and sorrow are ahead but will ultimately disappear.
• Seeing a dead snake: An enemy that God will remove or keep in awe.
• Mastering a bunch of black serpents: Will lead armies and become a great king.
• Catching and mastering a slippery snake without using any weapon and without any ensuing harm: Will seize a king’s treasure.
• Seeing a snake and getting scared: Fear.
• Fearing a snake without seeing it: Will be safe from enemies.
• Seeing a snake without getting scared, but escaping from it: Pain and sorrow.
• Frightening a snake: Will escape enemy harm.
• Introducing a snake in one’s house: Will be deceived or tricked by an enemy.
• Seeing one’s home full of snakes
without fearing them: Will give shelter to the enemies of Muslims and to people of all seasons and whims. Someone told Ibn Siren he had seen his house full of snakes
, to which the interpreter replied, “Fear God and do not give shelter to the Muslims enemy.” Likewise, a woman told the great seer that another lady had seen in her dream two burrows from which a couple of snakes
had come out. Thereupon two men drew milk from the snakes heads. “Snakes do not give milk, but hood. That woman will be visited by two leaders of the Khawarej who will invite her to join their sect, nay to insult the two sheikhs, God bless them [the caliphs Ali Ibn Taleb and Muawiyah],” said Ibn Siren.
getting in and out the dreamer’s house without harm: Enemies from the house or from amongst relatives.
getting in and out of a house other than the dreamer’s: Hostile strangers.
• A snake leaving a house: The house will be destroyed or devastated, and its inhabitants will perish.
• Catching a snake: Will challenge the enemy and take a booty in all safety in view of verse 21 of the Quranic surah or chapter “Ta-Ha” which reads as follows: “He (God) said: Grasp it [O Moses!] and fear not. We shall return it to its former state.”
• Fighting and killing a snake: Will overcome an enemy. If the snake’s blood is seen spurting and staining the dreamer’s hands, he will kill that enemy and grab his wealth. In case he has burnt the snake, the ruler or chief will kill his enemies. But if the snake has managed to escape, the enemies will flee the country or stay away for some time.
• Killing a snake: (1) Death of a young boy. (2) Will marry a woman.
• A man killing a snake in his bed: His wife will die.
• Taking a snake off one’s collar and cutting it in three pieces: The dreamer will divorce his wife three times. A man told Ibn Siren, “I saw myself following a snake that crept till it entered its burrow. There I had a cleaning cloth in my hand, so I sealed the hole with it.” “Are you engaged to a woman?” asked Ibn Siren. “Yes.” “You will marry and inherit from her.” And so it was. The man married the lady, who soon died and left him seven thousand currency units.
• Cutting a snake in two: Will win a case over the enemy’s dead boy. Taking the two parts afterward means that the dreamer will win over to his cause an enemy chief along with his children and followers.
• Cutting a snake in two and finding that its skin is made of gold: Will find one of the treasures of King Chosroe (king of Persia).
• Cutting a snake in three pieces: Will challenge and beat one’s foes and subdue three enemies: A chief, a rich man, and one who has many children and followers.
• The strong rise of the snake’s body and the appearance of its fangs: Enemy power and shrewdness.
• Turning into a snake: Change of attitude. Will become the enemy of Muslims.
• A small white snake in one’s pocket or sleeve that inspires no fear: The dreamer’s efforts and perseverance.
• A snake coming out of one’s sleeve: The dreamer’s son will become hostile to him.
• A snake following the dreamer as he walks: His enemy is trying to outsmart him.
• A snake creeping between the dreamer’s hands or turning around him: His enemies are socializing or mixing with him in one way or another but cannot harm him.
fighting each other to the death in a souk, or marketplace: War will break out and the enemies will be crushed.
• Seeing snakes
fighting in every direction and killing one of them: (1) If the dead snake is big and strong, the dreamer will control the area where the battle was seen. (2) If it is a common snake, the dreamer will kill one of the king’s soldiers. (3) If the snake is climbing to a certain height, the dreamer will taste comfort, joy, and happiness.
• A snake tumbling from a high place: A leader will die in that place.
• A snake coming out of the earth: Suffering at that spot.
• One’s garden full of snakes: The garden will flourish, its herbs will grow, and flowers will blossom.
• Body snakes (worms): A reference to the dreamer’s children and other relatives who sit at his table and share his meals. Their exodus is a tragedy that will befall the household.
• A snake going in and out of a small town or district: A demon will bring the dreamer grief and sorrow.
• A snake entering the mouth: (1) Enemies will be defeated. (2) Will acquire a great knowledge.
• A snake coming out of a healthy person’s mouth: Will be betrayed or harmed by his own statements or will calumniate someone.
• A sick person dreaming that snakes
are coming out of his mouth: Will pass away.
• A snake coming out of the penis s aperture: Will have a boy.
• A snake getting out of the penis, then in, then out again: The organ will fail the dreamer.
• A snake coming out of the dreamer’s nose, breast, back, or penis: Will have a male child who might grow to become an enemy.
• A snake coming out of the dreamer’s ear, belly, vagina, or anus: Will commit a sin and give up religious faith, or the dreamer’s children might turn inimical.
• The dreamer tightening a snake around his waist: Will wear a money belt.
• Grasping snakes
and throwing them away: The dreamer’s family or other relatives will bring him a tragedy.
• Killing a snake and lifting it or cutting it and lifting it: Will triumph over enemies and grab their booty.
• Lifting a white snake: Promotion.
• Being surrounded by a large number of snakes: The dreamer’s folk and supporters will turn against him, but none of them will harm him, if no snake has bitten him in the dream.
• A snake coming out of the dreamer’s collar or anus and going into the earth: His time is over.
• Catching a harmless snake as it passes: Money.
• Dominating a big serpent: Will obtain a high post.
• Seeing a snake on one’s head: Will be prominent at the royal court.
• A container full of snakes: Animosity toward Muslims.
Walnut Dream Explanation
— The walnut tree symbolizes a blind man, a miser who is not gay but rather difficult to deal with. Its fruit is money that cannot be obtained except by great difficulty or by some trick.
• A gambler obtaining or playing with walnuts: Will win, but earnings will, Indeed, not be blessed, as gambling is prohibited in Islam.
• Sitting on a walnut tree: The dreamer is relying on a blind but huge man.
• Stepping down from it: A deal with such a man will not be concluded. •
• Falling from a walnut tree and dying: Will be killed by a giant of a man or a king.
• The walnut tree breaking while the dreamer is climbing on it: Will control a huge man.
• Dreaming of another person falling from a walnut tree after it had fallen down: The dreamer will control such a person if he gets killed in the dream. If the hands or legs are broken in the process, a great calamity is imminent, but the dreamer will come out unscathed.
Hail Dream Explanation
— (Icy rain) In a dream, hail means calamity, sufferings, hunger, loss of property, poverty, mass persecution, or torture. In nature, this element cools the earth and eliminates many harmful insects, worms or scorpions and limits the danger of snakes
. Thus, seeing hail in its proper season in a dream means eliminating the source of one's stress and overcoming one's difficulties, enemies, or jealous competitors. Seeing hail in the summertime in a dream means business losses, but if it falls in the winter in a dream, it means success and prosperity. Heavy falling hail in a dream means destruction of businesses, interruption of communication and damage to roads and highways. In that sense, hail in a dream means obstruction of public interests. In a dream, hail also represents a strange type of business that will come from the direction of the wind carrying such a storm. If no harm occurs in one's dream, then hail represents glad tidings and especially if people start collecting it in bowls. If hail falls over a farmland without damaging it in a dream, it means a good harvest. If one gathers hail in his garment, or inside a cloth in a dream, it means that he will lose his riches, or it could mean the loss of an awaited shipment. (Also see Dew; Ice)
Thigh Dream Explanation
— (Limb) One's thighs in a dream represent his family or clan. Anything that affects them in the dream will manifest in his family or clan. If one sees his thighs missing something in a dream, it means that he is a foreigner, or that he does not know his lineage or ancestry. Experiencing pain in one's thigh in a dream means doing harm to one's own family or clan. If one sees that a piece of skin is crafted to his thigh in a dream, it means that someone will attribute a son to him, and it will turn to be a false allegation. Thighs in a dream also represent the pillars of one's house, the head of a household, one's wife, one's husband, son, master, earnings, business, vehicle, or wealth. One's thighs in their beautiful condition in a dream also represent the correctness of one's prayers, or they may represent his garment, tools, or chair. Imputation of one's thigh in a dream means taking a long journey and dying
in a foreign country. (Also see Body; Foot; Leg)