| |Smoke Dream Explanation
— (Fumes) In a dream, smoke
means a partnership, an investment, or it could represent outside money which someone has placed with one's own capital for business. Smoke
in a dream also may mean meekness, or loss of property or capital. However, seeing smoke
in a dream may mean profits only for one whose livelihood stems from dealing with fire. In a dream, smoke
also represents an appalling or a horrifying calamity wherever it may appear. (Also see Clouds of smoke; Sparks)
Smoke Dream Explanation
symbolizes sufferings and torture inflicted by God or a penalty imposed by the sultan or ruler.
coming out of one’s shop: Welfare and fertility after an ordeal and a scandal caused by influential people.
coming out of well-cooked meat: Welfare, fertility, and joy after difficulties.
• Being lost or disappearing in smoke: Will have a fever.
• Feeling the heat of smoke: Trouble and worries.
Smoke Dream Explanation
— It symbolises praises and complements coupled with terror and danger as smoke
means danger from aruler or authority.
Cloud of smoke Dream Explanation
— (Adversities; Fight; Pollution) In a dream, seeing a cloud of heavy smoke
over a town represents a calamity from Allah Almighty or a harsh punishment of a ruler. However, if one sees smoke
coming out of his house in a dream, it means that he will be defamed, or that he will be struck by a severe illness, an injury or a fever that will result from his work or place of business. He will then recuperate from his illness, regain the upper hand and turn things around. If the smoke
is caused by a fire or rises to spread from under a cooking pot in a dream, it means joy after distress and prosperity after poverty. If the smoke
has no burning odor in the dream, it means an atrocity or an ugly experience which will be followed by exposure and defamation. If one sees himself shaded under a cloud of smoke
in a dream, it means that he will suffer from a high fever. If one suffers from the heat of smoke
in a dream, it means difficulties and distress. If one sees clouds of smoke
gathering over the hills in a dream, it means that a great scare will befall the people of that locality. If the smoke
is not caused by a fire in the dream, it represents the stationing of an army though no war will take place. However, the impact of such fear will have its effects on everyone. If the smoke
causes harm to the people and affect their sights or limits their vision in the dream, it means injustice, depression, adversities, pain and suffering from a divine punishment for people's sins. Smoke
in a dream also means news from the direction it comes from. (Also see Smoke; Sparks)
Pollution Dream Explanation
— (See Cloud of smoke)
Sparks Dream Explanation
— In a dream, sparks represent ugly words. If one sees sparks hitting him in a dream, it means that he will hear harsh words pronounced against him by someone in authority. If one's clothing ignites and burns from sparks in the dream, it means aggravation of his condition. If smoke
engulfs the sparks in one's dream, then they represent an awesome adversity. Whenever smoke
appears in one's dream, it represents an appalling and a horrifying calamity. If the sparks cause secondary burns in the dream, then they represent a weak enemy who slanders him and one may bear the consequences of such slander with patience, and its evil and fire will eventually diminish. If one sees a major eruption of sparks in his dream, they represent a major calamity. If a spark falls in the midst of a gathering in the dream, it means a fight and harm. Sparks in a dream also represent one's children. If sparks burn one's face in a dream, they mean continuous suffering and disturbances. Sparks in a dream also mean evil deeds, sins and crimes that call for punishment in hell-fire. (Also see Flint Stone)
Sulfur Dream Explanation
— In a dream, sulfur represents a liar or tainted money. If used as a fuel for cooking in a dream, sulfur then means guidance, benefits and dispelling worries, or distress, because it burns quickly and its smoke
Fire Descending from the Skies Dream Explanation
— Fire descending from the skies is an ominous dream. If such a fire does not destroy anything it means the people of that place will verbally quareel among themselves without causing physical harm. Smoke
in such a fire reduces the severity of such a quareel.
Blacksmith Dream Explanation
— (Jailer) In a dream, a blacksmith represents a strong personality, a leader, or a powerful and a skilful ruler. A blacksmith in a dream also represents the angel of death. Seeing a blacksmith in a dream or being one, indicates both happiness and adversities. To be brought before a blacksmith in a dream means an accident that will bring one before a person in authority for intercession. Otherwise, it could mean seeking the fellowship of a worthless person. If one sees a sick or a deceased person sitting with a blacksmith in a dream, it means that he is in hell, and particularly when his face is blackened from the smoke
, or it could mean that he may be imprisoned. (Also see Bellows)
Odor Dream Explanation
— Smelling a bad odor in a dream means hearing bad words, or it could mean distress. Smelling odor that emanates from under the armpit in a dream means headache, nasal congestions, cold, or hearing bad news, divulging secrets, dispelling rancor and jealousy, or it could mean relaxing after an exhausting workday, contracting an eye disease, or it could mean loathsomeness. If a child smells such an odor from under his armpit in his dream, it means that he has reached his puberty, or it could mean an illness or an accident that could take away his life. (Also see Cloud of smoke; Perspiration; Smell)
Perfume salesman Dream Explanation
— In a dream, a perfume salesman represents a gnostic, an ascetic, a devout worshiper, or a man of letters. Anyone who sits with him will carry some fragrance of his perfumes, or learn about an etiquette, adopt good manners, learn something about his arts, enjoy a happy surrounding, or earn praises, except if the perfume salesman is burning incense, for the smoke
that emanates from burning incense in a dream denotes guarded praises. A perfume salesman in a dream also represents a beautician. Seeing him in a dream also means knowledge, guidance, earning praises or receiving a commendation. (Also see Amber; Musk; Perfume)
Ud Dream Explanation
— (arb. Aloe perfume; Civet; Incense burning Ud) Aloe or Ud wood chips or incense sticks in a dream represent a vocative and an articulate person who has a praiseworthy reputation. Carrying a chip of Ud or aloe incense in a dream means finding a lost object, or hearing comforting words. Smelling the fragrance of Ud or seeing the smoke
of Ud burning in a dream means receiving a commendation and experiencing a fright along with it. Seeing Ud or an Aloe tree growing inside one's house in a dream means begetting a son who will grow to be a sire or a leader in his community. (Also see Aloe perfume; Civet)
Goldsmith Dream Explanation
— (Jeweler) In a dream, a goldsmith represents celebrations, joy, happiness or perhaps mixing truth with falsehood. A goldsmith in a dream also could represent falsehood, lies, cheating, forging, defrauding, or he could represent a poet, knowledge, guidance or children. A goldsmith in a dream also represents an evil person, for he molds words from fire and in smoke
. If one is seen heating gold or silver in a dream, it means lies and deception. If one is seen placing gems on a ring in a dream, it means that he will bring unity between people and deal with a subject matter that begins with evil and ends in goodness, (Also see Gold; Jeweler)
Cold Dream Explanation
— (Atmospheric) Cold temperature in a dream means poverty. A windy and cold weather in a dream means aggravation of one's poverty. If it is sunny and cold, and if ones sees himself sitting in the sun, then the condition of his poverty will be removed. If one sees himself in a dream under the heat of the sun and seeks refuge away from it in the shade, it means that his stress and sadness will dissipate. If he sees that dream during the summertime, it means prosperity. If one sees himself seeking a fire or a smoke
to warm himself with it in a dream means that one is seeking a job that entails danger. If it is burning coal which he seeks for warmth in the dream, then it means that he will swindle money from an orphan. Cold weather in winter is insignificant and in the summer in a dream it means that one's travel plans will not take place. (Also see Cold weather)
Ironsmith Dream Explanation
— The ironsmith symbolizes an awesome, powerful, and shrewd king whom people need and turn to. The blacksmith’s anvil itself refers to a king and the iron his head (or mind) and strength. In other interpretations, the ironsmith could allude to a warlord, as fire means war and the weapons are made of iron. Likewise, he could represent an evil person who behaves like those who seek Hell. The Muslims Holy Prophet once likened the evil companion to the ironsmith. Said he, “If he does not burn you with his fire, you will not be immune from his sparks.” The heat and smoke
around him are also bad signs. Dreaming of being an ironsmith taking whatever iron you want and doing whatever you wish with it means you will become a great king or have a wide-ranging influence, in view of the story of David as related in the Holy Quran (“Saba” [Sheba], verse 10): “And assuredly We gave David grace from Us, (saying): O ye hills and birds, echo his psalms of praise! And We made the iron supple unto him….”
Incense Dream Explanation
— Perfuming oneself with sweet incense in a dream means having a good friendship. An incense burner or holder in a dream represents a certitude that is praiseworthy. Perfume in a dream basically means good, though to a bedridden person it means death. This category includes; amber, henna plant (Lawsonia inermis, bot.), or fumigating oneself with sweet incense, though there is a danger that could arise from the smoke
in the dream. Perfuming oneself with amber in a dream means increase in earnings that will come through the labor of a rich person who is associated with the one seeing the dream. The seeds of any dark colored perfume such as carnation, clove, or their powder, etcetera, means receiving praises. The elements encompassed herein include; richness after poverty, knowledge after ignorance, peace with one's adversaries, bribery, divulging one's secrets, ingratiating oneself to a superior for personal gains, or adulation. Incense in a dream also represents the heat of one's love or passion. In a dream, perfuming oneself with incense also means using an amulet or a charm to repel jealousy, or to break through the stratagem of sorcery. Incense in a dream also means using charm to bring peace, tranquillity and profits if one intends so in his dream. (Also see Aloe perfume; Civet; Frankincense; Ud)
Cow Dream Explanation
— A cow in a dream represents longevity. A black or a yellow cow represents happiness, prosperity and a good harvest. A white spot on a cow's face means firmness if seen in a dream at the early part of the year. The piebald cow or a cow blotched with white and black in a dream means the same, though the latter also represents firmness when seen in the middle of the year. A fat cow in a dream represents longevity and prosperity. A fat cow in a dream also may represent a pious woman. An emaciated cow in a dream represents drought. Drinking cow's milk or eating its meat or fat in a dream means prosperity and earning lawful income for that year. If the cow has horns, it represents a rebellious woman. If a dairy cow allows the person to draw her milk in a dream, it means conferring benefits. Otherwise, if it refuses to allow the person to milk her in the dream, it means dissonance and discord. If a servant sees himself milking his master's cow in a dream, it means that he will marry his wife after the master dies, and that he will become extremely rich. If a cow enters one's house and thrusts against him, or butts against him in the dream, it means losses and mistrust in one's own family. If one sees himself hitting a cow with a wooden stick or biting a cow in a dream, the cow then represents his sins. If a cow scratches someone in a dream, it means an illness. If one is attacked by a cow or a steer in a dream, it means that a great punishment will befall him, or it could mean that he may be killed during that same year. If one sees himself riding a black cow, or if a cow enters his house, where he ties her to a pole in his dream , it means money, good business and dispelling of his anxiety, sadness, loneliness or distress. A slaughtered cow in a dream represents a calamity. If a shipment of yellow cows arrives at the port of a city in a dream, it means a plague or the spreading of unknown diseases. If a herd of ugly looking cows enters a city with smoke
emanating from their noses, and if the people hate their look in the dream, it means a raid, an enemy, or that unwanted solders will control that town. If one sees himself riding a cow in a dream, it means that he will inherit a woman. If one is offered a cow hide as a gift in a dream, it means that he will receive money from someone in authority. On the other hand, if one is stripped of a cow's hide he owns in a dream, it represents a fine that he will have to pay. To see the calf of the Children of Israel in a dream means dissension, temptation or a murder. It also may mean a miraculous event, or that a heavenly sign will take place in that locality. If the person is disobedient to his mother, he will repent and turn to be good to her. If a cow butts against him in a dream, it means that Allah is displeased with him. (Also see Counting cows)
Fire Dream Explanation
— In general, any dream involving fire or Hell means that an intrigue is imminent. But for the ancient Arabs, fire also symbolized power or the one in power, in view of its essence and properties. Fire can be beneficial and can be harmful, like the sultan. It also refers to faults and sins and statements or deeds conducive to them. At the same time, it alludes to the return to the right path, that of wisdom, Islam, learning, and the Quran, as it can be used to light the way. Likewise, to the ancient Arabs fire was a sign of wealth and the good quality of life. Putting it out meant avarice and poverty. But it also symbolized the jinn whom God created from fire, poisons, the sword, and intrigue if it produced a thunder like sound and had flames and smoke
. Sometimes, it represented the torture inflicted by the sultan, because “it is God’s torture.” It also alludes to plagues like swarms of locusts or diseases or epidemics like smallpox or the bubonic plague.
• Being burnt or dreaming that a dead person is being burnt: The subject is doomed to Hell.
• A king throwing the dreamer in the fire: The dreamer must pay some money.
• Fire with flames and smoke
falling from the sky on the houses and shops: Intrigue, strife, and war or the crossing of swords in such places or a fine will be imposed by the ruler.
• Fire falling from heaven and burning the dreamer without really affecting him: Soldiers will invade his house.
• Seeing embers without flames: Diseases, like smallpox, or an epidemic.
• A fire ravaging plants and cultivated areas: Barrenness will decimate all vegetation, or locusts will devour the crops.
• Lighting a fire on a path for people to see where they are going: (1) Will receive or dispense teachings, if eligible. (2) Will wield power and influence and benefit people and vice versa.
• Lighting a fire away from any route and seeing it burning passersby or their clothes or harming them or their eyesight with the smoke
it pro duces: (1) The dreamer will come out with or entertain a heresy. (2) A tyrant will seek the dreamer’s services or torture him, depending on whether the dreamer was approaching and fuelling the fire or fleeing from it.
• Lighting a fire in a barren land and inviting people to it: The dreamer is promoting a heresy, and whoever responds in the dream will respond in reality.
• A good person dreaming that his enemies have sparked off a terrible fire, which does not resemble the fire known on earth, and are preparing to throw him in it: He will triumph and supercede them. If they actually throw him, he will be safe, as was the case with the Prophet Abraham.
• Fire threatening the dreamer or those who lit it serving warnings to him: He had better fear God and abstain from the things conducive to Hell in which he is indulging.
• Seeing the fire in an oven or a furnace, et cetera, in one’s home: Benefits and wealth, especially for people whose profession or craft involves the use of fire and more particularly if it is in winter.
• A fire having been put down by water or rain or in any way and turned into ashes: Will become poor or unable to carry out one’s activity or profession.
• A person whose profession does not involve the use of fire lighting a fire to cook: He is striving to earn money or obtain other benefits by serving the ruler or a powerful individual or through this individual’s help. He could also be trying to achieve the same goal through brokerage or a dispute or inciting people against each other or slandering someone.
• Seeing one’s home burning: Havoc and destruction or bankruptcy are imminent.
• Seeing some food, oil or any items on sale catching fire: The price of such goods or commodities will rise, or the ruler will buy them from the merchants.
• Eating fire: Will have doubtful sources of income, take dirty money, or eat up the moneys of the orphans, in view of the Quranic verse that says: “Lo! Those who devour the wealth of orphans wrongfully, they do but swallow fire into their bellies, and they will be exposed to burning flame.” (“Al-Nisae” [Women], verse 10.)
• Fire speaking in a jar or a container symbolizing a male or a female: The person whom the pot refers to will be touched or possessed by a jinn who will speak through his tongue.
• Setting a fire to warm up: Will invent something to conceal or remedy one’s poverty, because cold is poverty.
• The thumb turning into a night-light: The dreamer will go blind and be led by some of his children.
• Fire coming out of the dreamer’s finger: He is an unjust writer.
• Fire coming out of the dreamer’s mouth: He is a slanderer.
• Fire coming out of the dreamer’s palm: He is an unfair craftsman or manufacturer.
• Lighting a fire under a utensil containing food: The dreamer will do something that will benefit his household. If the container was empty, he would incite someone to do something ugly.
• Fire burning the dreamer’s body or clothes: Harm and calamities.
• A burning flame in one’s clothes: Wife will get pregnant.
• Being licked by flames: Will be slandered.
• Obtaining fire: Will receive dirty money from the ruler or another influential person.
• Seeing a flame in one’s hand: Will receive plenty of money and gifts from the ruler.
• Lighting a fire at the gate of the ruler: Will have the power to rule.
• Seeing a fire over one’s head (like a halo) throwing a bright light that helps everybody: The dreamer is a majestic person who likes to help people.
• Sparking off fire in a crowded place or setting people ablaze: Will sow the seeds of dissension among people and cause harm.
• A merchant seeing a fire in the marketplace or in his shop: His merchandise will be sold out or exhausted, but the money he will gain from that exercise will not be a hundred percent pure.
• Sitting with people around a fire or seeing a bright flame on a dark, moonless night: Blessings and strength in view of verses in the Holy Quran: “ (Remember) when Moses said unto his household: Lo! I spy afar off a fire, I will bring you tiding thence, or bring to you a borrowed flame that ye may warm yourselves. But when he reached it, he was called, saying: Blessed is whosoever is in the fire and whosoever is round about it! And glorified by Allah, the Lord of the Worlds!” (“Al-Naml” [The Ants], verses 07–08.)
• Fire being driven out of one’s home: Will be given a high post or a province to rule, be successful in trade, or be blessed with special skills in a craft or a profession.
• A person whose wife is pregnant dreaming that fire has fallen from his head or come out of his hand: Will hear great news, namely that his wife has given birth to a male child.
• Seeing a fire, a blaze, or sparks having been extinguished: Subversion, riots, and clashes will mark that place.
• Seeing a smokeless flame on one’s house: Will go on hajj (pilgrimage).
• Seeing a smokeless flame in the middle of one’s house: Will be buried there.
• A fire that the household is using to see all round being put down: The backbone of the house will die. The same dream applied to a country means that its head will pass away. If the fire is contained in the garden, the children of such a chief will die. If winds enter the house after the flame died down, thieves will do so.
• A warrior or a merchant lighting a fire that dies down: Will lose and be subdued and humiliated.
• Being in a fire or surrounded by fire without feeling the heat: Will have strong friends and supporters, triumph over enemies, and rule, in view of the story of Abraham as related in verses 51–70 in the chapter titled “Al-Anbiyae” (The Prophets) in the Holy Quran. A person told Ibn Siren he dreamed that one of his slippers had fallen in a fire and the flames only licked part of the other. His interpretation was that the subject had cattle in Persia, which were stolen. Half of them were gone, and the rest were wounded. As usual, Ibn Siren proved to be right.
Fire Dream Explanation
— The element of fire in a dream represents might. Fire in a dream also means love. A product that is touched by fire in the process of its manufacturing or cooking in a dream means arguments and disputes. In a dream, fire also signifies glad tidings, a warning, war, chastisement, power, imprisonment, losses, sins, or blessings. If one sees a blazing fire with sparks shooting in every direction and burning in the forest and raging with tumultuous noise and uproar in a dream, it means insubordination, civic disorder or an adversity through which many people will die. If one sees fire burning inside his own heart in a dream, it means love or depression caused by separation from one's beloved. Seeing two burning bushes trying to consume one another in a dream represents two armies fighting one another. If the two burning bushes remain intact and yield no loss in the dream, then they represent trials and adversities in the place where they are seen. Whichever of the two fires is closer to a water source in the dream means that such an army is more liable to a voluntary retreat or submission. If the water flows and extinguishes that fire in the dream, it also means that the water will be debilitated and consequently consumed. The more black smoke
a fire produces in one's dream, the greater is the danger and consequent sufferings. If one kindles a fire in the night for people to see their way through in a dream, it means that he will acquire a knowledge and with it, he will help people through their life, admonish and guide them. If one sees himself kindling a fire on the road during the daylight in a dream, it means that he will embark on the road of innovation and misleading others. If one sees a fire during a daylight time in a dream, it means war and adversities. If it is seen during the night hours, then it means peace and guidance. If one sees himself worshiping the fire in a dream, it means that he loves wars, or follows Satanic allurements. Warming oneself up from a nearby fire during a cold day in a dream means becoming rich. Eating fire in a dream means swindling orphans property or earning suspicious and unlawful money. If one is condemned to die in the fire in a dream, it means imprisonment. If one enters hell-fire then comes out of it in a dream, it means that he will ultimately enter paradise. If one sells hell and buys paradise in a dream, it means that he will sell a business involving the use of fire such as a bathhouse, a bakery or a forgery and invest his money in a farm or vice-versa. This also may represent his deeds in the world and his reward in the hereafter. Entering hell-fire to pay for one's sins in a dream means financial losses or committing abominable actions that warrant such sufferings. If one sees hell-fire with his own eyes in a dream, it means that he should be weary about his legal standing or that he should be careful regarding the ruler or governor of that town. Entering hell-fire and tasting its punishment in a dream also means suffering from adversities. Seeing a group of people standing around a fire in a dream means blessings. Discovering a burning bush in a wilderness and finding solace in taking refuge near it in a dream means dispelling one's fears and reaching safety. If one is touched by a fire, and if it does him no harm or burn him in the dream, it means that someone will fulfill a promise he made to him. If a fire burns inside a granary in a dream, it means hiking prices. Whatever product a fire burns in a dream means high demand for it and rising prices. If one sees a stove burning with no food in the pot in the dream, it means that the head of the household is engaged in some futile activities and he could suffer because of them. If one sees a governor kindling a fire, and if it keeps smothering, then if it dies off in the dream, it means that he will be dismissed from his office and that his fire will be extinguished. Seeing a burning torch with no smoke
hanging in front of one's door in a dream means attending the pilgrimage season during that year, or remodelling one's house, or it could mean getting married. Burning one's fingers in a dream represents an unjust person, or it could mean changing the contents of a book or committing perjury. Seeing fire lit in the palm of one's hand in a dream means cutting ends in one's trade to save money or voluntary violation of the code of a trade. Seeing fire inside one's mouth in a dream means distress. Willingly entering hell-fire in a dream represents one's love and attachment to the world and its pleasures. A raging fire in one's house or town in a dream means war and destruction. If it is a ¦roaring and a blazing fire in the dream, then it means plagues and mass destruction. If it has no noise in the dream, then it means the spread of a new disease. If one sees a fire falling from the skies in a dream, it means greater calamities. If it causes no harm in the dream, then it means a verbal abuse with no lasting consequences. If one sees a fire rising into the skies in a dream, it means that the people of that locality are challenging Allah Almighty's decrees with arrogance and indulging themselves in abominable sins and insubordination. Kindling a fire to bring warmth to a group of people in a dream means starting a community project that will benefit several people including oneself. Kindling a fire to broil some meat in a dream means starting a conversation to backbite and slander someone. Eating from such broiled meat in the dream means earnings, distress and feeling heavy hearted. If a fire burns one's garment or causes burns to his skin in a dream, it means a calamity that will befall him or a member of one's family who is represented by that particular limb. To bring live coal into one's house in a dream means stealing money or acquiring unlawful profits. If one is struck by the heat of a blaze and feels its glare over his face in a dream, it means becoming subject to people's slander , jealousy and backbiting. To stand by the light of a fire in a dream means becoming close to someone in authority. If a fire comes out of one's house in a dream, it means a political appointment, a business, strength, or knowledge of one's trade. If one sees a radiant light brightening the skies from the East to the West in a dream, it means fame, recognition and knowledge, or a discovery one will become famous because of it. If one's wife is pregnant, and if he sees a fire coming out of his head to brighten the entire house in a dream, it means that his wife will beget a son who will grow to be a renowned man of knowledge and piety. A fire lighting one's house in a dream also means that one's wife will get pregnant. Kindling a fire on top of a mountain in a dream means seeking nearness to Allah Almighty by making offerings, giving charities and increasing one's devotion. Consequently all of one's needs will surely be satisfied. If one who sees this dream is on a journey, it represents his safe return to his home. Sitting inside a fire and suffering no harm in a dream means working for, or associating with the ruler of the city or country. It also means becoming the ruler's confidant or intimate friend. Fire in the desert in a dream means war. Setting people on fire in a dream means creating division and enmity between them. To stand in the fire, feeling cool and comfortable in a dream represents one's truthfulness, sincerity, faith and certitude, and it means victory over his enemies. A dying fire in a dream means suppressing a commotion, or containing a troublesome matter that could endanger one's community or life. If a fire that is lighting one's house is extinguished in a dream, it means the death of the father, the husband or a child. An extinguished fire in a dream also signifies the death of the governor, or a great scholar, or a renowned sheikh in that city. Fire in a dream also means a robbery. Fire with no smoke
in a dream represents spirits or Jinn's, for they are created from a smokeless fire. It also represents drought, locusts or a calamity. If a fire is extinguished by rain in a dream, it means poverty or loss of one's job. If one sees a fire talking to him from inside an earthenware jar or from inside a pitcher or any container in a dream, it means that an evil spirit has possessed one's son or daughter. A destructive fire in a dream represents an unjust ruler. If people can benefit from such a fire, it means that he is a just and a righteous ruler or governor. Fire in the wintertime in a dream means fruits. Eating fire in a dream means eating from a golden or a silver plate, or drinking from a golden or a silver cup. It also means poverty and need. (Also see Body; Firewood; Hell-fire)
Cow Dream Explanation
— The cow symbolizes the year in view of the story of Yusuf (Joseph) in the Holy Quran. A fat cow is a fertile year and a thin one an austere year. It also represents wealth and prestige and a woman, par excellence, commensurate with her shape. A milk cow is a useful woman. A cow with horns is a woman of marginal value. The cow’s belly symbolizes assets without value, her navel string the wife’s umbilical cord or an allusion to the wife’s pregnancy. A lost cow is a wife lost to her husband.
• Trying to milk a cow that prevents the dreamer from doing so by using her horns: The dreamer’s wife will hate him and rebel against him. If the cow accepts, in the dream, being milked by another man, that man is betraying the dreamer with his wife.
• A cow with a blaze (white color) on her face: Hardships at the beginning of the year, as the word forefront—in Arabic ghorra—is the homonym for beginning.
• A yellow or black cow: A year full of prosperity and joy.
• A cow with a piebald flank: Hardships in the middle of the year.
• A cow with a piebald posterior part: Hardships toward the end of the year.
• A skinned cow: Tragedy will befall relatives.
• A cow half-skinned: Tragedy will befall a sister or a daughter.
• One-quarter of the cow’s meat: Tragedy will befall the dreamer’s woman.
• A small portion of the cow’s meat: Tragedy will befall all relatives.
• Eating beef: Honest earnings during the year.
• A cow’s horns: Years of abundance.
• A notable buying a fat cow: Will be allotted a wealthy province to govern or given a farm as a gift from an aristocrat.
• A bachelor acquiring a cow: Will marry a blessed woman.
• Riding on a cow: (1) Will get married. (2) Wife will die and will inherit from her.
• Riding on an identified cow: Richness and escape from trouble and all sorts of worry.
• Entering one’s own house on a cow’s back and tying her there: Will obtain a fortune, coupled with plenty of joy and the end of worries, especially if her color was black. Conversely, if she hit the dreamer with her horns, the dreamer would lose and never be safe from his family and relatives.
• Having sex with a cow: Will enjoy a year of undue prosperity. The same interpretation of horses colours should apply to cows, which, as mentioned, refer to women or years.
• Seeing in one’s house a cow sucking the milk of her own calf: A woman is trading in her own daughter.
• A man slave milking his master’s cow: Will marry the latter’s daughter.
• Being scratched by a cow or a bull: Will be ill inasmuch as the scratch was severe.
• A cow or a bull raping the dreamer: Will experience hardships and punishment and might even get killed.
• Falling on a cow’s back: Luck will change during the year.
• An ox falling on the dreamer: Will die during that year.
• Having a dispute with a cow: Controversy with a hot-tempered and impolite woman.
• Being bitten or kicked by a cow: Children will betray their father.
• Beating a cow or an ox with a stick or biting either one: The dreamer has plenty of sins and should seek God’s forgiveness.
• Cows assembled in a place: Disturbances or riots.
• An identified number of cows entering a city, following each other: Years commensurate with the size of the cows and in the same order. If they entered a coastal city together or at random similar ships will arrive. Otherwise, they would be a series of intrigues very much alike, as the cows faces resemble each other. Yellow or red cows would automatically mean disease and epidemics.
• Cows of different colours with terrible, dreadful horns and fire or smoke
coming out of their mouths or noses: Coming enemy soldiers or some kind of assault.
• A pregnant cow: A hopefully fertile year or the dreamer’s wife will become pregnant.
• Milking a cow and drinking that milk: If the dreamer is poor, will become self-sufficient or rich and be dignified. If he is already rich, his wealth and prestige will be enhanced.
• Eating cow ghee: More wealth.
• Being offered a small calf of either sex: Will have a boy.
• Beef and entrails: Money and assets.
• Being given cow skin: Such a skin being taken from the dreamer means he will pay a fine to the authorities.
• Offering a cow to the ruler: If the gift was accepted, the supreme authority will be all ears for the dreamer’s complaints about certain folk. The reverse is also true.
• Slaughtering a cow or a bull: Will rip up a man, especially if blood was seen in the dream. And that man could die.
• Standing on a hill and witnessing a massacre of cows: Will become the center of an epic involving genocide.
• Tilling land with the help of a cow: A very fertile year.
• More than fourteen cows: War.
• Less than fourteen cows: Dispute.
| || |