| |Marriage to One's Mother, Sister Etc. Dream Explanation
— If a person dreams that he is marrying his mother, sister
or any such person with whom marriage is forbidden is Islam-and such a dream is seen in any of the sacred months of Thil-Qa'dah, Thil-Hijjah, Muiharram or Rajab-it means he will proceed to Makkah and Madeenah. But if such a dream is not seen in any of the said months it means he will treat his relatives with kindness and serve them well. If his relationship with them was estranged, it will be re-established.
Incident Dream Explanation
— A woman came to Imam Ibn Seerin and said: "I saw two pearls in my lap in a dream. One was bigger than the other. Then my sister
came and asked me to give her one of them, so I gave her the smaller pearl." Imam Ibn Seerin replied: 'You spoke the truth. You have learned two chapters from the Holy Qur'an. One of them is longer than the other, and you have taught your sister
the shorter one." The woman obliged.
Spear Dream Explanation
— The spear symbolizes influence, an acquisition, a wrong move or a fault, a woman, a son, a brother, a friend ready to defend the dreamer, a truthful testimony, or a journey. A spear without iron represents a daughter who will have as many blessings as there are dents in it.
• A king or chief seeing his spear growing excessively: Will be unjust to his subjects.
• Fighting the enemies with a spear: Will make illicit gains.
• Being mounted on a horse or a camel and holding a spear: Dignity, influence, authority, and prosperity.
• Holding a spear and walking in the marketplace or simply holding it: Will have a male child. A dentate spear means that such a boy will prevail over his folk and shield them by sacrificing himself if necessary.
• Placing a spear behind the door or covering it with one’s arm: Wife will give birth to a girl.
• Stabbing with a spear: Will falter and commit a sin, backbite, or slander somebody.
• A spear breaking: Bad omen and decaying influence. If it is the chief’s spear, an enemy will emerge or the chief will be deposed or have an accident. If it belongs to the son or the brother, a tragedy will befall him. In case it can be repaired, the victim will escape or recover or things will return to normal. If it is beyond repair, the subject will die.
• The spear’s dents being broken: A son or brother will die.
• Stabbing with a spear and seeing blood coming out: Will win something, receive a reward, and be healthy and wealthy or return after a long absence.
• Cutting the adversary’s flesh or severing any of his limbs by stabbing him with a spear: Will obtain money and welfare from the victim of the type resented by religious people.
• Being stabbed
with a spear: Will be slandered.
• Wounds worsening after being stabbed
with a spear: Will obtain dirty money from the attacker.
Red anemones Dream Explanation
— (bot.) In a dream, anemones represent fire, red cheeks, blushing, a beauty mark, the sickness of one's brother or sister
Teeth in the Pocket Dream Explanation
— Pocketing the teeth or wrapping them in cloth or seeing them falling into the hand or keeping them in the house-any of these is a harbinger of a child, brother or sister
being born. If may also mean his deriving some benefit from one of them.
Nipple Dream Explanation
— The nipple of the female breast in a dream represents one's personal wardrobe, or it could mean marriage. If water or milk comes out of it in a dream, it means finding a compatible husband. Otherwise, it may mean loss of a child or a sister
A Shoe Dream Explanation
— Sometimes one shoe symbolises his partner or brother. If this is seen as torn or cracked while he walks in the other it means he will separate from his partner, brother or sister
A Woman Acquiring a Spinning Wheel Dream Explanation
— If a woman dreams that she has acquired a spinning wheel, if she is expecting, she will give birth to a girl. Otherwise a sister
will be born, if such a spinning wheel has a spindle or rod, it means she will get her daughter married.
Finger Dream Explanation
— (Also see Dye.) Fingers are the brother’s children, since it is believed that the hand represents the brother. Those of the right hand refer to the Muslims five compulsory daily prayers. The left hand fingers are the children of the brother or sister
. The thumb is the dawn prayer, the index finger the noon prayer, the middle finger the early afternoon prayer, the ring finger, the sunset prayer, and the little finger the evening prayer.
• Having long fingers: The dreamer observes his religious duties, especially prayer. The reverse is also true.
• The imam (the Muslims spiritual leader) having long fingers: He is too greedy, tyrannical, and unfair to his subjects.
• A finger falling: Will abandon the related prayer.
• Seeing one finger in the place of another: The dreamer is performing the right prayer at the wrong time.
• Biting somebody’s fingertips: The bitten one is impolite, but the dreamer is inflicting too severe a punishment on him.
• Milk coming out of the dreamer’s thumb and blood from his index finger: He is having sex with his mother-in-law and his wife’s sister
• Cracking the finger joints: Obscene talk in the family. The caliph Harun Al-Rasheed saw the Archangel of Death in a dream. He asked him, “How much longer shall I live?” to which Azrail replied by showing him his five fingers. The caliph woke up in a state of terror. He summoned a qualified dream interpreter who reassured him that what the Archangel of Death meant to say was that there are five things that only God knows; they include the hour, as per the relating verse in the Holy Quran: “Lo! Allah! With Him is knowledge of the Hour. He sendeth down the rain, and knoweth that which is in the wombs. No soul knoweth what it will earn tomorrow, and no soul knoweth in what land it will die. Lo! Allah is Knower, Aware.” (“Luqman,” verse 34.)
• An ailment in the fingers: (1) Children are in trouble. (2) The dreamer is missing his prayers.
• The little finger having been cut off: A child will go away.
• The little finger being atrophied: Harm will befall the dreamer’s mother or family.
• The ring finger having been cut: The dreamer will have a son.
• The ring finger being atrophied: Harm will befall the dreamer’s daughter.
• The middle finger having been severed: The country’s best scholar or judge will die.
• The middle finger being atrophied: A brother will die.
• The index finger being atrophied: A sister
• The thumb being atrophied: The father will die.
• A man having four wives dreaming that four fingers were severed: All four will die.
• Cutting someone else’s fingers: Will wreak havoc on his money.
• The disappearance of the fingers: Servants will go.
• Chewing fingers: The end of a fortune.
• Contraction of the fingers: Will abandon or fail to sustain those female relatives with whom sex is prohibited in Islam (mother, sister
, sister-in-law, et cetera).
Paralysis Dream Explanation
— (Cripple; Impediment; Justice; Wither) If one sees his right hand paralyzed in a dream, it denotes a great sin he has committed that warrants such a severe punishment. If the right hand is paralyzed in the dream, it means that one earns his money from practicing usury, or it could mean that he is unjust toward a poor and a weak person. If one's left hand is paralyzed in a dream, it means that either his sister
or his brother may die shortly. If his thumb is paralyzed in a dream, it means that he will suffer from hardships because of his children. If the index or the middle finger are paralyzed in a dream, it means that one may suffer because of his sister
. If one sees his ring finger paralyzed in the dream, it means that he will suffer pain and difficulties because of an ailment that will befall his mother or a female relative. If one sees his little finger paralyzed in a dream, it means that he may suffer because of a daughter. Any infliction in one's hand in a dream represents one's brothers, while any infliction of the fingers in a dream represents his children. If one sees his right hand paralyzed in a dream, it means that he will lose his source of income. If one's fingers are paralyzed in a dream, it means that he has committed an awful sin. If one sees his right hand paralyzed in a dream, it means he has caused major losses to an innocent person. (Also see Body; Physical paralysis)
Incident Dream Explanation
— A man told Imam Ibn Seerin: "I saw myself drinking from a pitcher with two heads in a dream." Ibn Seerin replied: "You have a wife, and you are trying to tempt her sister
to sin with you, so fear God." The man answered: "You spoke the truth. Bear witness that I repent from my doing."
Incident Dream Explanation
— Another person revealed his dream to the Imaam saying that he had seen a snake in his house. It had bitten him on the hand and back causing him much pain. The Imaam asked “Yous have a brother and a sister?” he said: “yes.” The Imaam said: “Then you have a relative in your hoe whose heart is filled with malice towards you. Soon he will cause you great harm.” The person said: “ I have a step brother who has stolen all that I had inherited. He has absconded since three days”.
Armlet Dream Explanation
— Wearing a silver armlet in a dream means giving one's daughter in marriage to one's nephew. Wearing an armlet made from beads in a dream means suffering pressure and distress caused by one's brother or sister
. Any jewelry that is worn by a woman in a dream represent her husband. (Also see Bracelet)
Spindle Dream Explanation
— If a woman sees a spindle in her dream, it means that she will beget a daughter or have a new sister
. If a thread line of a spindle breaks in a dream, it means that a traveller will be delayed. Spinning a wire with a spindle in a dream means using the help of a stranger. In a dream, a spindle also represents a messenger, a collector, or a vehicle. (Also see Spindle wheel; Spinning)
Incident Dream Explanation
— It is reported that once, while Ibn Sirin (RA) was having his lunch,a lady came to him and informed him that she had seen a dream. When he asked her to relate it she said: “Not until you have finished your meal”. After having had his meal, she said; “I saw the moon entering the planet Taurus and a voice from behind me said to me: Go to Ibn Sirin and relate to him your dream!. Hearing this, the Imaam's face turned pale and he got up holding his stomach. His sister
came to himasking: “ What's the matter with you? Why has your face turned pale? He said “Why should it not when this lady has brought to me the news of my death after seven days?” And truly, the Imaam (RA) passed away on the seventh day after this dream. May allah have mercy upon him.
One-eyed Dream Explanation
— (Blind in one eye.) If one loses one of his eyes in a dream, it means that he may lose half of his wealth, or divorce his wife, or fail to attend to his religious obligations, or commit a major sin, or it could mean that he has wasted half of his life in vain. To be blind in one eye in a dream also could mean expecting something and hoping for its arrival, or it could mean loss of a brother or a son. If a humble and a hard-working person sees that, it testifies to the trueness of his faith. If an impious person, or a corrupt person, or an impostor sees that dream, it means distress, a sickness that could bring him near his death, or to lose one hand in an accident, or to lose one's wife, or sister
, or partner, or loss of blessings, or becoming sacrilegious and profane. (Also see Antichrist)
Incident Dream Explanation
— Once Imam Ibn Seerin was sitting to eat his lunch when a woman came and said: "I saw a dream." Ibn Seerin replied: "Would you let me eat first, or would you like me to stop and listen to your dream?" The woman said: "Eat first," and she sat waiting for him. During the course of his meal, Ibn Seerin said to the woman: "Tell me your dream." The woman said: "I saw the moon merging in Alcyone." (The brightest star of the constellation Taurus, arb. Thurayya. See Alcyone.) The woman continued: "A voice then said to me: 'Go to Ibn Seerin, and tell him your dream.'" Ibn Seerin suddenly shook, and said to the woman: "Tell me how did you see it?" The woman repeated her dream, and Ibn Seer'in's face became grim. His sister
who was then sitting with him at the table said: "What disturbed you, Oh my brother?" He replied: "This woman is claiming that I will die in seven days." On the seventh day, Ibn Seerin was buried.
Ali Ibn Abi Taleb Dream Explanation
— He was the fourth caliph, from A.D. 656 to 661, when he was assassinated in Koufa, his capital. The essence of the Shiite movement in Islam is the contention that Ali, the son-in-law of the Holy Prophet, should have been the first caliph to succeed Muhammad (p b u h). Most often, dreaming of Ali, peace be upon him, or similar Imams means that the hero of such a dream will die as a martyr.
• A king dreaming of Ali: Will conquer a country or overrun a bastion and be highly praised.
• Seeing Ali means the dreamer will: (1) Triumph over enemies. (2) Have good and noble children and grandchildren. (3) Subdue the aliens in his Muslim country who rebel against the system, especially the Jews (according to the ancient interpreters). (4) Become a successor and a trustee. (5) Embark on difficult, strenuous trips. (6) If at war, obtain many spoils. (7) Become more knowledgeable, generous, courageous, and ascetic or selfless.
• Seeing Ali alive: Will be envied by others, but God will save him from their evil eye and give him power. He will also follow the Prophet’s Tradition.
• Seeing Ali as an old man carrying a weapon: Will be in touch with the ruler and benefit from such a relationship.
• Seeing Ali in his forties: Will consolidate your grip.
• A wise man seeing Ali with white hair and beard: Knowledge will dwindle.
• Ali seen in a place where people are prostrating themselves before him or carrying him on their shoulders: Those people will become dissidents (Shia) and come together to sow the seeds of dissension.19
• An Ulema, or Muslim religious scholar or erudite, seeing Ali: Will acquire further knowledge, prestige, and power over his equals. The dreamer should be careful as not to be taken captive, deported, or relocated. Seeing Ali in a warlike mood in a Muslim city: Civil strife or a very strong polemic.
• Seeing Ali in a place where there are great or old people: They will all be destroyed.
• Seeing Ali, his hands deeply tinged: The children of the dreamer will have the upper hand in a dispute with him.
• Seeing Ali with a wound in his body: The dreamer is being stabbed
or strongly contested and will be brought down or subdued.
• Ali taking out the sword: The dreamer is asking his children to become chiefs and to fight for it. Seeing Ali in a fight means that those children will triumph.
Collapsing walls Dream Explanation
— If one sees the walls of his house collapsing as a result of a flood in a dream, it means the death of his wife. If one sees his house caving in on him and causing a big cloud of dust in a dream, it means that he maybe afflicted with measles. A collapsed ceiling in a dream means devastation. If one sees a destroyed house standing erect anew in a dream, it means spiritual awakening of its owner. If one is awaiting the return of a member of his family, or if he is awaiting a guest to arrive, and if a part of his house caves in, it means the near arrival of such a traveller. If a daughter or a sister
or another woman live in that house, it means that the guest will seek her hand for marriage. If a hurricane destroys his entire house in a dream, it means that death will take locality in that place at the hands of a tyrant. If one sees himself demolishing an old house or edifice in a dream, it means evil. If a woman sees her walls caving in on her in a dream, it means the death of her husband. (Also see Destruction)
Incident Dream Explanation
— Abdullah bin Omar, God be pleased with both of them, related that in his youth, he wished to see a true dream and to hear its interpretation from God's Prophet, upon whom be peace. At that time, God's Messenger (uwbp) used to ask people if they saw any dream and he interpreted them accordingly. Abdullah once prayed: "Lord, if Thou reserves any good for me, then let me see a dream that will be interpreted by God's Messenger, upon whom be peace." One night, Abdullah saw a dream where two angels took him, and brought him before a third angel who addressed Abdullah saying: "You are a righteous man. Do not merely talk!" The angels then took him to visit hell-fire, which was folded up like a well. In it he saw some people he knew, but the angels pulled him away from them to the right. When Abdullah woke up, he told his dream to his sister
Hafsa, the wife of God's Prophet, upon whom be peace. In turn, Hafsa, God be pleased with her, related the dream to God 's Messenger (uwbp) who commented: "Indeed, Abdullah is a righteous man. It will be good for him if he increases his prayers at night." Consequently, Abdullah was more regular about his night prayers.
| || |