| |Marriage to One's Mother, Sister Etc. Dream Explanation
— If a person dreams that he is marrying his mother, sister
or any such person with whom marriage is forbidden is Islam-and such a dream is seen in any of the sacred months of Thil-Qa'dah, Thil-Hijjah, Muiharram or Rajab-it means he will proceed to Makkah and Madeenah. But if such a dream is not seen in any of the said months it means he will treat his relatives with kindness and serve them well. If his relationship with them was estranged, it will be re-established.
Incident Dream Explanation
— A woman came to Imam Ibn Seerin and said: "I saw two pearls in my lap in a dream. One was bigger than the other. Then my sister
came and asked me to give her one of them, so I gave her the smaller pearl." Imam Ibn Seerin replied: 'You spoke the truth. You have learned two chapters from the Holy Qur'an. One of them is longer than the other, and you have taught your sister
the shorter one." The woman obliged.
Red anemones Dream Explanation
— (bot.) In a dream, anemones represent fire, red cheeks, blushing, a beauty mark, the sickness of one's brother or sister
Teeth in the Pocket Dream Explanation
— Pocketing the teeth or wrapping them in cloth or seeing them falling into the hand or keeping them in the house-any of these is a harbinger of a child, brother or sister
being born. If may also mean his deriving some benefit from one of them.
Nipple Dream Explanation
— The nipple of the female breast in a dream represents one's personal wardrobe, or it could mean marriage. If water or milk comes out of it in a dream, it means finding a compatible husband. Otherwise, it may mean loss of a child or a sister
A Shoe Dream Explanation
— Sometimes one shoe symbolises his partner or brother. If this is seen as torn or cracked while he walks in the other it means he will separate from his partner, brother or sister
A Woman Acquiring a Spinning Wheel Dream Explanation
— If a woman dreams that she has acquired a spinning wheel, if she is expecting, she will give birth to a girl. Otherwise a sister
will be born, if such a spinning wheel has a spindle or rod, it means she will get her daughter married.
Finger Dream Explanation
— (Also see Dye.) Fingers are the brother’s children, since it is believed that the hand represents the brother. Those of the right hand refer to the Muslims five compulsory daily prayers. The left hand fingers are the children of the brother or sister
. The thumb is the dawn prayer, the index finger the noon prayer, the middle finger the early afternoon prayer, the ring finger, the sunset prayer, and the little finger the evening prayer.
• Having long fingers: The dreamer observes his religious duties, especially prayer. The reverse is also true.
• The imam (the Muslims spiritual leader) having long fingers: He is too greedy, tyrannical, and unfair to his subjects.
• A finger falling: Will abandon the related prayer.
• Seeing one finger in the place of another: The dreamer is performing the right prayer at the wrong time.
• Biting somebody’s fingertips: The bitten one is impolite, but the dreamer is inflicting too severe a punishment on him.
• Milk coming out of the dreamer’s thumb and blood from his index finger: He is having sex with his mother-in-law and his wife’s sister
• Cracking the finger joints: Obscene talk in the family. The caliph Harun Al-Rasheed saw the Archangel of Death in a dream. He asked him, “How much longer shall I live?” to which Azrail replied by showing him his five fingers. The caliph woke up in a state of terror. He summoned a qualified dream interpreter who reassured him that what the Archangel of Death meant to say was that there are five things that only God knows; they include the hour, as per the relating verse in the Holy Quran: “Lo! Allah! With Him is knowledge of the Hour. He sendeth down the rain, and knoweth that which is in the wombs. No soul knoweth what it will earn tomorrow, and no soul knoweth in what land it will die. Lo! Allah is Knower, Aware.” (“Luqman,” verse 34.)
• An ailment in the fingers: (1) Children are in trouble. (2) The dreamer is missing his prayers.
• The little finger having been cut off: A child will go away.
• The little finger being atrophied: Harm will befall the dreamer’s mother or family.
• The ring finger having been cut: The dreamer will have a son.
• The ring finger being atrophied: Harm will befall the dreamer’s daughter.
• The middle finger having been severed: The country’s best scholar or judge will die.
• The middle finger being atrophied: A brother will die.
• The index finger being atrophied: A sister
• The thumb being atrophied: The father will die.
• A man having four wives dreaming that four fingers were severed: All four will die.
• Cutting someone else’s fingers: Will wreak havoc on his money.
• The disappearance of the fingers: Servants will go.
• Chewing fingers: The end of a fortune.
• Contraction of the fingers: Will abandon or fail to sustain those female relatives with whom sex is prohibited in Islam (mother, sister
, sister-in-law, et cetera).
Paralysis Dream Explanation
— (Cripple; Impediment; Justice; Wither) If one sees his right hand paralyzed in a dream, it denotes a great sin he has committed that warrants such a severe punishment. If the right hand is paralyzed in the dream, it means that one earns his money from practicing usury, or it could mean that he is unjust toward a poor and a weak person. If one's left hand is paralyzed in a dream, it means that either his sister
or his brother may die shortly. If his thumb is paralyzed in a dream, it means that he will suffer from hardships because of his children. If the index or the middle finger are paralyzed in a dream, it means that one may suffer because of his sister
. If one sees his ring finger paralyzed in the dream, it means that he will suffer pain and difficulties because of an ailment that will befall his mother or a female relative. If one sees his little finger paralyzed in a dream, it means that he may suffer because of a daughter. Any infliction in one's hand in a dream represents one's brothers, while any infliction of the fingers in a dream represents his children. If one sees his right hand paralyzed in a dream, it means that he will lose his source of income. If one's fingers are paralyzed in a dream, it means that he has committed an awful sin. If one sees his right hand paralyzed in a dream, it means he has caused major losses to an innocent person. (Also see Body; Physical paralysis)
Incident Dream Explanation
— A man told Imam Ibn Seerin: "I saw myself drinking from a pitcher with two heads in a dream." Ibn Seerin replied: "You have a wife, and you are trying to tempt her sister
to sin with you, so fear God." The man answered: "You spoke the truth. Bear witness that I repent from my doing."
Incident Dream Explanation
— Another person revealed his dream to the Imaam saying that he had seen a snake in his house. It had bitten him on the hand and back causing him much pain. The Imaam asked “Yous have a brother and a sister?” he said: “yes.” The Imaam said: “Then you have a relative in your hoe whose heart is filled with malice towards you. Soon he will cause you great harm.” The person said: “ I have a step brother who has stolen all that I had inherited. He has absconded since three days”.
Armlet Dream Explanation
— Wearing a silver armlet in a dream means giving one's daughter in marriage to one's nephew. Wearing an armlet made from beads in a dream means suffering pressure and distress caused by one's brother or sister
. Any jewelry that is worn by a woman in a dream represent her husband. (Also see Bracelet)
Spindle Dream Explanation
— If a woman sees a spindle in her dream, it means that she will beget a daughter or have a new sister
. If a thread line of a spindle breaks in a dream, it means that a traveller will be delayed. Spinning a wire with a spindle in a dream means using the help of a stranger. In a dream, a spindle also represents a messenger, a collector, or a vehicle. (Also see Spindle wheel; Spinning)
Incident Dream Explanation
— It is reported that once, while Ibn Sirin (RA) was having his lunch,a lady came to him and informed him that she had seen a dream. When he asked her to relate it she said: “Not until you have finished your meal”. After having had his meal, she said; “I saw the moon entering the planet Taurus and a voice from behind me said to me: Go to Ibn Sirin and relate to him your dream!. Hearing this, the Imaam's face turned pale and he got up holding his stomach. His sister
came to himasking: “ What's the matter with you? Why has your face turned pale? He said “Why should it not when this lady has brought to me the news of my death after seven days?” And truly, the Imaam (RA) passed away on the seventh day after this dream. May allah have mercy upon him.
One-eyed Dream Explanation
— (Blind in one eye.) If one loses one of his eyes in a dream, it means that he may lose half of his wealth, or divorce his wife, or fail to attend to his religious obligations, or commit a major sin, or it could mean that he has wasted half of his life in vain. To be blind in one eye in a dream also could mean expecting something and hoping for its arrival, or it could mean loss of a brother or a son. If a humble and a hard-working person sees that, it testifies to the trueness of his faith. If an impious person, or a corrupt person, or an impostor sees that dream, it means distress, a sickness that could bring him near his death, or to lose one hand in an accident, or to lose one's wife, or sister
, or partner, or loss of blessings, or becoming sacrilegious and profane. (Also see Antichrist)
Incident Dream Explanation
— Once Imam Ibn Seerin was sitting to eat his lunch when a woman came and said: "I saw a dream." Ibn Seerin replied: "Would you let me eat first, or would you like me to stop and listen to your dream?" The woman said: "Eat first," and she sat waiting for him. During the course of his meal, Ibn Seerin said to the woman: "Tell me your dream." The woman said: "I saw the moon merging in Alcyone." (The brightest star of the constellation Taurus, arb. Thurayya. See Alcyone.) The woman continued: "A voice then said to me: 'Go to Ibn Seerin, and tell him your dream.'" Ibn Seerin suddenly shook, and said to the woman: "Tell me how did you see it?" The woman repeated her dream, and Ibn Seer'in's face became grim. His sister
who was then sitting with him at the table said: "What disturbed you, Oh my brother?" He replied: "This woman is claiming that I will die in seven days." On the seventh day, Ibn Seerin was buried.
Collapsing walls Dream Explanation
— If one sees the walls of his house collapsing as a result of a flood in a dream, it means the death of his wife. If one sees his house caving in on him and causing a big cloud of dust in a dream, it means that he maybe afflicted with measles. A collapsed ceiling in a dream means devastation. If one sees a destroyed house standing erect anew in a dream, it means spiritual awakening of its owner. If one is awaiting the return of a member of his family, or if he is awaiting a guest to arrive, and if a part of his house caves in, it means the near arrival of such a traveller. If a daughter or a sister
or another woman live in that house, it means that the guest will seek her hand for marriage. If a hurricane destroys his entire house in a dream, it means that death will take locality in that place at the hands of a tyrant. If one sees himself demolishing an old house or edifice in a dream, it means evil. If a woman sees her walls caving in on her in a dream, it means the death of her husband. (Also see Destruction)
Incident Dream Explanation
— Abdullah bin Omar, God be pleased with both of them, related that in his youth, he wished to see a true dream and to hear its interpretation from God's Prophet, upon whom be peace. At that time, God's Messenger (uwbp) used to ask people if they saw any dream and he interpreted them accordingly. Abdullah once prayed: "Lord, if Thou reserves any good for me, then let me see a dream that will be interpreted by God's Messenger, upon whom be peace." One night, Abdullah saw a dream where two angels took him, and brought him before a third angel who addressed Abdullah saying: "You are a righteous man. Do not merely talk!" The angels then took him to visit hell-fire, which was folded up like a well. In it he saw some people he knew, but the angels pulled him away from them to the right. When Abdullah woke up, he told his dream to his sister
Hafsa, the wife of God's Prophet, upon whom be peace. In turn, Hafsa, God be pleased with her, related the dream to God 's Messenger (uwbp) who commented: "Indeed, Abdullah is a righteous man. It will be good for him if he increases his prayers at night." Consequently, Abdullah was more regular about his night prayers.
Marriage Dream Explanation
— • High position, gains, and prosperity.
• Marrying and penetrating a woman: Dignity and the attainment of something the dreamer is striving for.
• Marrying a woman after seeing, knowing or identifying her or after she has been named to you: You will have a good or bad destiny in life, depending on the social position, virtue or vice, beauty or danger of that lady, or the meaning of the bride’s name.
• Marrying when the man already has one or more wives (Muslims may have up to four, provided they treat them fairly and equally): Elevation in life and benefit as much as the woman he had seen or identified was beautiful. If he had neither seen, identified her, nor heard her name, he or someone else would die in his arms.
• A woman seeing herself adorned and on her way to a bridegroom without reaching him: Death is near. If, on the contrary, she arrives at him and he penetrates her, that means benefit and happiness for her, inasmuch as her adornment and clothes appeared beautiful.
• Marrying the wife or sister
of a sheikh (meaning an old man, or more often a dignified person or tribal chieftain): Will achieve big gains. This is also true for a woman dreaming of marrying the husband or brother of an old lady.
• Marrying an obscene or vulgar woman: Will get killed.
• Seeing a woman taking a second husband can have three interpretations: (1) If she is pregnant, she will give birth to a girl. (2) The lady is trying to get her daughter married. (3) Dispute over marriage between the lady and her husband.
• Marriage contract involving an unidentified woman: Death, if the bride-groom is ill. Otherwise, it means that the dreamer will sign a contract that will bring him power or will testify against a dead person. Because women symbolize power, penetration is tantamount to killing and the penis is likened to a dagger or a spear stab that causes bloodshed.
• The dreamer marrying another’s wife and taking her to him: Loss of dignity and livelihood.
• Driving one’s wife to another man to have him marry her concurrently: Reduced power or business losses.
• Conversely, wedding one’s wife to another man and bringing the latter to her doorstep: Business gains.
• Seeing a sick man getting married without a woman (in the dream): The patient will die peacefully.
• Marrying a prohibited relative: The dreamer will prevail over his family.
• Marrying and penetrating a dead woman: The revival of a dead matter. But if the dreamer had neither penetrated nor even had intercourse with her, success in that matter would be shaky.
• Having an incestuous marriage with the dead: The dreamer will resume his duties towards his parents and dependents. (Also see Incest.)
• Conversely, marrying a religiously prohibited relative (wife’s sister
, for example) who is alive and well: Will not support parents and in-laws.
• A woman dreaming of a dead man marrying and penetrating her: Her wealth will shrink, she will suffer from instability, and her luck will change. If the dead man took her to his home, which she had not seen before, she would die.
• Marrying a woman who then dies: Will endeavour in a matter, only to reap nothing but sorrow.
• Marrying a woman of a different faith: Will have a spouse who will induce you into a sinful or unlawful experiment or to apostasy.
• Marrying an adulteress: Will yourself indulge in adultery. (Also see Adultery.)
• Marrying any kind of animal: Will marry a woman having similarities with such a beast. If the animal was consenting, the woman in question would go along in the husband’s direction, be it good or bad.
• Seeing a sick man getting married without a woman in sight or in a mysterious manner: The patient will die and rest peacefully.
Resuscitate (Live Again) Dream Explanation
— • Resuscitating: (1) Will overcome poverty and become rich or self-sufficient. (2) Will become an apostate (change religion). (3) Will come back safe and sound from a journey in view of a verse in the Holy Quran that reads: “Bethink thee [O Muhammad] of those of old, who went forth from their habitations in their thousands, fearing death,46 and Allah said unto them: Die, and then He brought them back to life …” (“Al-Baqarah” [The Heifer], verse 243.) (4) Will commit a sin, then repent, in view of a verse in the Holy Quran that reads: “They say: Our Lord! Twice hast Thou made us die, and twice hast Thou made us live. Now we confess our sins. Is there any way to go out?” (“Ghafer” [The Forgiver] or “Al-Mumin” [The Believer], verse 11.) (5) Will live long. (6) The dreamer is a tanner.
• Resuscitating someone: Will help an atheist become a Muslim or a debauchee repent, or the dreamer will simply repent.
• One’s grandfather or grandmother resuscitating: Revival of efforts and luck, as the word for grandparent in Arabic is a homonym of endeavour.
• One’s father or mother resuscitating: Relief from worries. (The dream involving the father is more likely to come true.)
• Resuscitation of a son: Emergence of a most unexpected enemy.
• Resuscitation of a daughter: Relief and satisfaction.
• Resuscitation of a brother: The dreamer’s weakness will turn into strength in view of the following verses: “ (My Lord), appoint for me a henchman from my folk, Harun [Aaron], my brother. Confirm my strength with him.” (“Ta-Ha”, verses 29–31.)
• Resuscitation of a sister: An absent one will return from abroad, bringing joy, owing to the Quranic verse that reads: “And she said unto his sister: Trace him. So she sighted him from afar, whereas they perceived not” (“Al-Qasas” [The Requital, verse 11) .
• Resuscitation of an uncle or an aunt: Return or revival of a matter that had gone out of the dreamer’s hands.
• Dead women rising beautifully dressed with full makeup: The dreamer or the family of these women will witness the revival of certain matters, depending on how beautiful the women looked and how well they were dressed. White dresses refer to religious matters, red to entertainment, and black to wealth, power, and mastery. If their dresses are tattered, it means poverty and worries; dirty dresses symbolize the accumulation of sins.
• Making love to one’s resuscitated wife and getting wet with her water (semen): (1) Pending matters will be settled favourably, and money will be spent willingly in the right way. (2) Will resume one’s leadership. (3) Business will be lucrative. •
• Marrying a resuscitated woman and taking her to one’s house: Will do something, then regret it.
• Marrying a resuscitated woman, taking her to one’s house, penetrating her, and spreading her discharge all over one’s body: Will regret some act, lose as a result of it, and experience worries, but things will be set right later on. The more discharge there was on the dreamer’s body, the better. The same interpretation would apply if the hero of the dream was a woman and the discharge a man’s sperm.
• Marrying a resuscitated woman, abstaining from touching her, but settling in her house: Will die.
• Finding a dead person alive in his grave: Will become wise and pious and achieve orderly gains.
• Going to a graveyard to unearth the dead and finding some of them alive and the others not: A bloodbath will take place in that spot or country.
• A pharaoh resuscitating and ruling a country: Tyranny or corruption will prevail and the people’s condition will deteriorate.
| || |