Drowning Dream Explanation — Drowning in a dream means falling into sin and incurring the displeasure of Allah Almighty. Drowning in a dream also means entering hell-fire. If one dies of drowning in his dream, one should fear going astray or following innovations. Drowning in the sea, then floating in the process of trying to save oneself from death in a dream means indulging in the business of the world and forgetting about one's spiritual commitment. It also means attaining success in one's endeavors and gaining a strong foothold in one's business.
Drowning Dream Explanation — If one does come out of the water alive in his dream, it means amending his life for the better and pursuing the correct course of serving one's religious life. If one sees himself after coming out of the water wearing a green garment in a dream, it means that he will pursue the path of knowledge and succeed in acquiring it. If one drowns and plunges to the bottom of the sea in a dream, it means that he will incur the wrath of someone in authority who will persecute him and cause him to perish. Drowning in a dream also means dying from an illness. Drowning in seawater in a dream means revival of one's faith in Allah Almighty. Drowning in freshwater in a dream means becoming extremely wealthy.
Drowning Dream Explanation — Drowning in the ocean of clean water suggest that the observer of the dream will “drown” in matters of sovereignty or government. But if the water is brackish or filthy it means he will encounter hardships which will cause ruin to him
Vessel Dream Explanation — • Riding in a vessel or being picked up by a vessel in the middle of the sea after being sure of drowning: (1) Will be saved from disease, atheism, poverty, debts, and worries. (2) Will get married or buy a slave girl who will satisfy you and save you the trouble of looking outside. (3) Will be freed from jail, unless the ship was not sailing, which would mean exactly the reverse.
• Sailing in a ship with the dead: Will be saved from fleshly temptations.
• Sailing in a vessel on the high seas: Will embark on a journey full of dangers. The farther the ship is from the shore, the more remote the dreamer’s relief will be.
• Reaching the shore and disembarking from the vessel: The dreamer will disobey God, in view of the Quranic verse: “And when they mount upon the ships they pray to Allah, making their faith pure for Him only, but when He bringeth them safe to land, behold! they ascribe partners (unto Him).” (“Al-Ankabut” [The spider], verse 65.)
Corn Dream Explanation — [And when he came to Joseph in the prison, he exclaimed]: Joseph! O thou truthful one! Expound for us the seven fat kine which seven lean were eating and the seven green ears of corn and other [seven] dry, that I may return unto the people, so that they may know. He said: Ye shall sow seven years as usual, but that which ye reap, leave it in the ear, all save a little which ye eat. Then after that will come seven hard years which will devour all that ye have prepared for them, save a little of that which ye have stored. Then, after that, will come a year when the people will have plenteous crops and when they will press (wine and oil).
Swimming Dream Explanation — If one sees himself drowning in a river, or a lake, then if he is carried by others and laid on dry land motionless like a fish in a dream, this also means trials and adversities. If one is saved from drowning before he wakes up from his sleep in the dream, it means that he will triumph over his trials. Otherwise, if he dies from it in the dream, it means that he may die from such adversities. If during his swim one meets a ship that pulls him out of the waters, or to which he holds or grabs, it also means escape from adversities. If one drowns in the dream, it means that he may die as a martyr, though having previously indulged in many sins. To walk on water, whether it is the sea or a river in a dream means good spiritual standing, religious assiduousness and a strong faith and determination. Walking on water in a dream also could be interpreted as ascertaining something about which one may have doubt, or placing one's trust in Allah Almighty before embarking on a dangerous trip. (Also see Air)
Noah's Arc Dream Explanation — Noah's arc in a dream represents happiness, joy, festivities, salvation, relief from distress and worries, protection against drowning, a wedding, a leading position, or winning victory over one's enemy. (Also see Noah; Ship)
Mountain Dream Explanation — • Launching the athan, or call for prayers, from the mountaintop while facing the Qiblah (the direction of Mecca (Makkah)) or throwing arrows from there: The dreamer will become famous as far as his voice or arrows reached, and his orders will be carried out in that range.
• Standing afraid on a mountain: Will be secure. For a person travelling by sea such a dream means that the ship will have to return or moor at the nearest port because of some technical trouble. But the dreamer will be safe. However, according to Ibn Siren, fleeing from a ship to seek refuge on a mountain means that the dreamer will perish, in view of the story of Noah’s son as related in the Quranic verses: “And it sailed with them amid waves like mountains, and Noah cried onto his son—and he was standing aloof—O my son! Come ride with us, and be not with the disbelievers. He said: I shall betake me to some mountain that will save me from the water. (Noah) said: This day there is none that saveth from the commandment of Allah save him on whom He hath had mercy. And the wave came in between them, so he was among the drowned.” (“Hud,” verses 42–43.)
Sauce pan Dream Explanation — If a traveller sees a sauce pan in his dream, it may mean drowning. A sauce pan in a dream also represents the house manager, the butler, the governor, the judge, the superintendent, the tax collector, or the internal revenues administrator.
Hud Dream Explanation — Seeing the prophet Hud means: (1) Enemies will plot against and show insolence toward the dreamer, who will ultimately beat them. (2) The dreamer will have wisdom, do good, and save people.
Shout Dream Explanation — Shout, cry, and scream are homonyms in Arabic.
• Shouting at people: Will become influential or govern a state.
• A cry in the wilderness: The dreamer’s tyranny will die out, and he will lose strength.
• Screaming: A calamity is ahead; because people scream only when they have severe pain from a disease or a plague of some sort or when they are in distress, like somebody drowning, hit by a sword, or buried under rubble.
Donkey Dream Explanation — • Collecting donkey dung or droppings: Wealth will increase.
• Acquiring, tying up, or introducing a donkey in one’s house: God will shower His blessings upon the dreamer and save him from all sorts of trouble, especially if he is a respectable person.
• Falling from the back of a donkey you own: Will become poor.
Sweat Dream Explanation — • One’s clothes being wet with sweat: Will save money for children as much as there was sweat.
• Sweat with a nice smell: Blessed money. For Al-Kirmani, sweating means: (1) Things will go through. (2) If ill, will recover. Other interpreters are of the view that sweat symbolizes shame or fatigue.
Prison Dream Explanation — • Choosing one’s jail: God will save the dreamer from the malice of a woman who is tempting him to falter in view of the Quranic verse: “He said: Oh my Lord! Prison is more dear than that unto which they urge me, and if Thou fend not off their wiles from me I shall incline unto them and become of the foolish.” (“Yusuf” [Joseph], verse 33.)
• Building prisons: The dreamer will build cities.
Vat Dream Explanation — (Tank; Tanning drum; Tannery; Woman) A vat in a dream holds the same interpretation as a tannery, except if a tannery represents an independent woman in a dream, then a vat will represent an inhibited woman. A vat in a dream also represents a bathhouse, death by drowning, or dying under a collapsing structure.
Quicksilver Or Mercury Dream Explanation — • Eating mercury: Trouble, worries, harm, and losses.
• Entering a quicksilver mine and coming out with something: The dreamer’s wife is a wicked woman who cheats him.
• Selling mercury: The dreamer will be safe from the intrigues of a cunning woman.
• Drowning in mercury: The dreamer will be enslaved by shrewd and enticing women who have more than one card up their sleeve.
• Having plenty of mercury: The dreamer will acquire plenty of money by tricking or outsmarting women.
Ship Dream Explanation — If the ship turns into iron in the dream, it means longevity. Eating the wood of a ship in a dream means receiving a sizeable inheritance, or it could mean eating forbidden meat. If one sees a ship talking to him and soothing his understanding in a dream, it means that he will listen to the admonition of a wise man. Seeing Noah's arc in a dream means happiness, joy, festivities, salvation, relief from stress and worries, protection from drowning, marriage and a presiding position, or victory over one's enemy. (Also see Boat; Helm)
Crocodile Dream Explanation — In general, a crocodile in a dream means insolence, sins, a bandit, unlawful earnings, fear and depression. It may also mean the end of one's life, portrayed by his drowning. Seeing him in water is bad while seeing him on dry land means that he is weak and humiliated. If a crocodile pulls someone into the waters in a dream, it means that someone in authority will force him to do something he despises. If one sees himself eating the meat or flesh of a crocodile, or if one sees himself dragging a crocodile out of the water in a dream, it means that he will triumph against his enemy or opponent. (Also see Alligator; Policeman; Thief)
Shout Dream Explanation — (Call; Cry; Human call; Outcry; Shout; Scream) Shouting at a gathering of people in a dream means winning the title of a statesman, authority and power in an election, or presiding over people. If one sees himself shouting alone in a dream, it means that he will lose his power and his words will have impact. Shouting in a dream also denotes social turmoil, agitation caused by war, an earthquake, the drowning of a ship, or the spread of a new disease that will force people to turn to Allah Almighty for help. (Also see Calling someone)
Prince Dream Explanation — • Seeing a prince (in Arabic amir, meaning “he who gives orders to people, uses them to impose his authority, but also save them or comes to their rescue”): (1) A bachelor will get married and become the prince of his family at home. (2) Endeavours will be successful.
• Becoming a prince: Beware of prison and chains, because43 princes will arrive on the Day of Judgment, their hands chained to their neck, and nothing can free those hands except the justice they had rendered.