| |Drowning Dream Explanation
in a dream means falling into sin and incurring the displeasure of Allah Almighty. Drowning
in a dream also means entering hell-fire. If one dies of drowning
in his dream, one should fear going astray or following innovations. Drowning
in the sea, then floating in the process of trying to save
oneself from death in a dream means indulging in the business of the world and forgetting about one's spiritual commitment. It also means attaining success in one's endeavors and gaining a strong foothold in one's business. If one does come out of the water alive in his dream, it means amending his life for the better and pursuing the correct course of serving one's religious life. If one sees himself after coming out of the water wearing a green garment in a dream, it means that he will pursue the path of knowledge and succeed in acquiring it. If one drowns and plunges to the bottom of the sea in a dream, it means that he will incur the wrath of someone
in authority who will persecute him and cause him to perish. Drowning
in a dream also means dying from an illness. Drowning
in seawater in a dream means revival of one's faith in Allah Almighty. Drowning
in freshwater in a dream means becoming extremely wealthy.
Drowning Dream Explanation
in the ocean of clean water suggest that the observer of the dream will “drown” in matters of sovereignty or government. But if the water is brackish or filthy it means he will encounter hardships which will cause ruin to him
Noah's Arc Dream Explanation
— Noah's arc in a dream represents happiness, joy, festivities, salvation, relief from distress and worries, protection against drowning
, a wedding, a leading position, or winning victory over one's enemy. (Also see Noah; Ship)
Sauce pan Dream Explanation
— If a traveller sees a sauce pan in his dream, it may mean drowning
. A sauce pan in a dream also represents the house manager, the butler, the governor, the judge, the superintendent, the tax collector, or the internal revenues administrator.
Shout Dream Explanation
— Shout, cry, and scream are homonyms in Arabic.
• Shouting at people: Will become influential or govern a state.
• A cry in the wilderness: The dreamer’s tyranny will die out, and he will lose strength.
• Screaming: A calamity is ahead; because people scream only when they have severe pain from a disease or a plague of some sort or when they are in distress, like somebody drowning
, hit by a sword, or buried under rubble.
Hud Dream Explanation
— Seeing the prophet Hud means: (1) Enemies will plot against and show insolence toward the dreamer, who will ultimately beat them. (2) The dreamer will have wisdom, do good, and save
Vat Dream Explanation
— (Tank; Tanning drum; Tannery; Woman) A vat in a dream holds the same interpretation as a tannery, except if a tannery represents an independent woman in a dream, then a vat will represent an inhibited woman. A vat in a dream also represents a bathhouse, death by drowning
, or dying under a collapsing structure.
Shout Dream Explanation
— (Call; Cry; Human call; Outcry; Shout; Scream) Shouting at a gathering of people in a dream means winning the title of a statesman, authority and power in an election, or presiding over people. If one sees himself shouting alone in a dream, it means that he will lose his power and his words will have impact. Shouting in a dream also denotes social turmoil, agitation caused by war, an earthquake, the drowning
of a ship, or the spread of a new disease that will force people to turn to Allah Almighty for help. (Also see Calling someone)
Geese Dream Explanation
— In a dream, geese represent beautiful women, handsome men or money. Honking gees in a dream represent death, drowning
, crying or women in mourning. Herding geese in a dream means becoming a leader or presiding over people, earning their respect and becoming wealthy through them. A goose in a dream represents a man under stress. Geese in a dream also represents survivability and control of life in water and on land. Wild geese in a dream represents travels, business, property, moving into a new neighbourhood. Geese eggs in a dream represent wealth.
Prince Dream Explanation
— • Seeing a prince (in Arabic amir, meaning “he who gives orders to people, uses them to impose his authority, but also save
them or comes to their rescue”): (1) A bachelor will get married and become the prince of his family at home. (2) Endeavours will be successful.
• Becoming a prince: Beware of prison and chains, because43 princes will arrive on the Day of Judgment, their hands chained to their neck, and nothing can free those hands except the justice they had rendered.
Quicksilver Or Mercury Dream Explanation
— Quicksilver or mercury symbolizes the failure to keep one’s promises and the missing of appointments as well as frivolous behaviour, treason, and hypocrisy.
• Holding mercury: The dreamer’s religious faith is quite shaken, and he is the slave of his passions as well as a treacherous or untrustworthy person.
• Eating mercury: Trouble, worries, harm, and losses.
• Entering a quicksilver mine and coming out with something: The dreamer’s wife is a wicked woman who cheats him.
• Selling mercury: The dreamer will be safe from the intrigues of a cunning woman.
in mercury: The dreamer will be enslaved by shrewd and enticing women who have more than one card up their sleeve.
• Having plenty of mercury: The dreamer will acquire plenty of money by tricking or outsmarting women.
Rue Dream Explanation
— (Peganum harmala; bot. Herb of grace) A wild African rue plant the seeds of which resemble sesame seeds. Seeing it in a dream means investing lawful money to save
a bad investment from an unlawful source. Seeing a rue plant in a dream, also known as herb of grace, means great profits, or multiplying one's earnings.
Interpretation According to the Varying Conditions of people Dream Explanation
— If a righteous and noble person sees himself as handcuffed or placed in a pillory. It means he will remain safeguarded against mischief and wickedness. But if the observer of such a dream is wicked it suggests that he will commit excessive sins due to which he will be doomed to hell-fire May Allah, through His infinite mercy, save
us from hell-fire, Ameen. Pillory means: a wooden board with holes for the head and hands in which petty offenders were formerly locked and exposed to public scorn.
Hud Dream Explanation
— (Allah's prophet Hud, upon whom be peace, who was sent to the people of the king Ad.) If one sees Allah's prophet Hud in a dream, it means that he will suffer harm from ignoble and ignorant people, then he will escape from a great distress, and be saved from their evil. Seeing Allah's prophet Hud (uwbp) in a dream also means that one will receive guidance, blessings and be able to save
others from plagues and destruction.
Butcher Dream Explanation
— The unknown butcher symbolizes the Angel of Death or a swordsman. The known one is whoever is fair in distributing his wealth to his children and other heirs. Usually, dreaming of a butcher is a harbinger of hardships, save
in two cases: If the dreamer is indebted it means that his debts will be settled, and if he is chained he will be delivered.
• A butcher slaughtering a beast whose meat is prohibited: A reference to an unjust person who does not heed God’s injunctions.
• Distributing meat: The dreamer is slandering or backbiting.
• Distributing beef to one’s relatives: The dreamer will be good to them and allocate or bequeath his fortune fairly to them.
Swimming Dream Explanation
— (Employment; Knowledge; Prison) If a man of knowledge sees himself swimming in the ocean in a dream, it means that he will attain his goals. If he enters the water of the ocean then comes back to the shore in a dream, it means that he will commence his path of seeking knowledge then abandons it. Swimming in a dream also means going to jail. Swimming on sand in a dream means that one may be incarcerated, that his living conditions in his jail will be constricted, and that he will suffer in his prison from hardships equal to the difficulties he encounters during his swim in the dream. If one sees himself swimming inside his own house in a dream, it means that he will work for a ruthless, wicked and an unjust employer who will entrap him in his service through a business deal. Consequently, Allah Almighty will help him out of his entanglements. If one is afraid of swimming in the dream, it means that he is scared of someone
in authority. If he runs away from swimming in a dream, it means that he will escape from him. If one sees himself entering waters where he can swim successfully in a dream, it means that he will engage in a major project, lead an important job, or acquire authority and power. If one swims on his back in a dream, it means that he will repent for a sin. If he swims in the sea and finds its water stagnant in the dream, it means that he will serve someone
in authority, though his job will bring him nothing but trouble and the wrath of his employer. If he still manages to cross the sea in his dream, it means that he will escape from dangers his employment could inflict upon him. If he swims with fear in a dream, it means trouble, imprisonment, or a sickness he will endure depending on the type of needed efforts or distance he has to cross. Should he think in the dream that he will not be able to make it, then it means his death. If he shows courage during his swim in the dream, it means that he will be able to escape from such a dangerous job. Troubled waters in a dream mean adversities. Swimming successfully across troubled waters in a dream means overcoming one's adversities. Any sea or agitated waters in a dream represent the authorities or the state, whether it be a swamp, a lake, a pond, a sea, or an ocean. If one sees himself drowning
in a river, or a lake, then if he is carried by others and laid on dry land motionless like a fish in a dream, this also means trials and adversities. If one is saved from drowning
before he wakes up from his sleep in the dream, it means that he will triumph over his trials. Otherwise, if he dies from it in the dream, it means that he may die from such adversities. If during his swim one meets a ship that pulls him out of the waters, or to which he holds or grabs, it also means escape from adversities. If one drowns in the dream, it means that he may die as a martyr, though having previously indulged in many sins. To walk on water, whether it is the sea or a river in a dream means good spiritual standing, religious assiduousness and a strong faith and determination. Walking on water in a dream also could be interpreted as ascertaining something about which one may have doubt, or placing one's trust in Allah Almighty before embarking on a dangerous trip. (Also see Air)
Vessel Dream Explanation
— The vessel symbolizes everything that saves the dreamer, by allegory to Noah’s ark. It refers particularly to Islam, which salvages human beings from their ignorance or atheism, or to the wife or slave-girl who immunizes the dreamer by ensuring his sexual sufficiency and saves him from the temptation of other women, which might lead to adultery or corruption in society. By so doing, the dreamer’s woman also saves him from Hell in the Hereafter. It also alludes to the dreamer’s parents who protected him when he was a baby from hunger and death, more particularly his mother, whose womb was like a ship he was riding in. Likewise, the ship represents prison, especially when it stands still, in view of the story of the prophet Yunus (Jonas), who was locked like a prisoner in the stomach of a whale after his ship was wrecked. Other interpretations include knowledge that saves the dreamer from ignorance. Witness the story of Moses, who boarded a vessel with a wise man called Al-Khidr on a very instructive journey. (See Musa.)
• Riding in a vessel or being picked up by a vessel in the middle of the sea after being sure of drowning: (1) Will be saved from disease, atheism, poverty, debts, and worries. (2) Will get married or buy a slave girl who will satisfy you and save
you the trouble of looking outside. (3) Will be freed from jail, unless the ship was not sailing, which would mean exactly the reverse.
• Sailing in a ship with the dead: Will be saved from fleshly temptations.
• Sailing in a vessel on the high seas: Will embark on a journey full of dangers. The farther the ship is from the shore, the more remote the dreamer’s relief will be.
• Reaching the shore and disembarking from the vessel: The dreamer will disobey God, in view of the Quranic verse: “And when they mount upon the ships they pray to Allah, making their faith pure for Him only, but when He bringeth them safe to land, behold! they ascribe partners (unto Him).” (“Al-Ankabut” [The spider], verse 65.)
• The dreamer’s boat capsizing and sinking: (1) His ruler or superior will be angry with him. (2) His capital will shrink if he is a merchant. (3) He will face a tragedy. (4) He will have a safe journey in view of the Quranic verse: “Allah is He Who created the heavens and earth, and causeth water to descend from the sky, thereby producing fruits as food for you, and makes the ships to be of service unto you, that they may run upon the sea at His command …” (“Ibrahim” [Abraham], verse 32.)
• A ship full of people: The dreamer will have a safe sea journey in view of the Quranic verse: “And We saved him and those with him in the laden ship.” (“Al-Shuara” [The Poets], verse 119.)
• Being in a ship at the bottom of the sea: The dreamer will be in the hands of the people he fears most, and his eventual death will come as a relief for him.
• A ship being shattered and seeing its wreck and planks floating here and there: A tragedy will befall those whom the dreamer cherishes most. Holding an oar: The dreamer will acquire knowledge or obtain money from a thorny individual.
• Holding the ship’s ropes: The dreamer is religious and will befriend pious and virtuous persons in view of the Quranic verse: “And hold fast, all of you together, to the cable of Allah …” (“Al-Imran” [The Imran Family], verse 103.)
Corn Dream Explanation
— The green ear or spike of corn symbolizes the fertility of the year. But it could also mean the death or killing of young people. Yellow spikes refer to the demise of the elderly. The dry or dead corn standing on its stem is a sterile year, in view of verses 43 to 49 in the Quranic surah, or chapter, on Yusuf (Joseph). And the king said: Lo! I saw in a dream seven fat kine which seven lean were eating, and seven green ears of corn and other (seven) dry. O notables! Expound for me my vision, if ye can interpret dreams. They answered: Jumbled dreams! And we are not knowing in the interpretation of dreams. And he of the two who was released, and (now) at length remembered, said: I am going to announce unto you the interpretation, therefore send me forth. [And when he came to Joseph in the prison, he exclaimed]: Joseph! O thou truthful one! Expound for us the seven fat kine which seven lean were eating and the seven green ears of corn and other [seven] dry, that I may return unto the people, so that they may know. He said: Ye shall sow seven years as usual, but that which ye reap, leave it in the ear, all save
a little which ye eat. Then after that will come seven hard years which will devour all that ye have prepared for them, save
a little of that which ye have stored. Then, after that, will come a year when the people will have plenteous crops and when they will press (wine and oil). Sometimes, the ears of corn allude to years, months, or days. Joseph regarded them as years. Likewise, they refer to the wealth of this world.
• Planting corn: Will do something that will please God.
• Endeavouring to or helping plant corn: A reference to Jihad (struggle in the way of Allah).
• Planting corn that gives barley: The dreamer’s appearance is better than his hidden self. And vice versa.
• Planting corn that gives blood: The subject is making a living from usury.
• Ears of corn gathered in a person’s hand or in a container: Will obtain money earned by somebody else or acquire learning.
• Picking scattered spikes from the harvest of someone
whom the dreamer knows: Will obtain scattered sums of money from that person. A harvest in the wrong season would mean that death will occur or war will erupt on that spot.
Shovel Dream Explanation
— (Harrow; Mattock; Plow; Scoop; Trowel) In a dream, a shovel represents a wife for an unmarried person. She will keep no secret, though she will spare no expense to save
her husband from poverty. A shovel in a dream also means dispelling distress, overcoming trouble, or satisfying one's debts. A shovel in a dream also may represent a trustworthy person one can depend on during hard times, or in times of adversities. Holding a shovel in a dream means receiving benefits and blessings, for a shovel collects dirt as well as valuables. A shovel in a dream also may represent a woman, profits, or business activities. (Also see Rake; Spade)
Crocodile Dream Explanation
— (Alligator; Thief) A crocodile in a dream represents a policeman. A crocodile in the water in a dream represents a person no one can trust, whether he is a friend or a foe. A crocodile in a dream also represents a thief or an untruthful merchant. If one sees a crocodile pulling him into the water where he kills him in the dream, it means that one will be caught by a policeman who will kill him, then steal his property. If one escapes from the crocodile in the dream, it means that he will escape from such a danger in real life. In general, a crocodile in a dream means insolence, sins, a bandit, unlawful earnings, fear and depression. It may also mean the end of one's life, portrayed by his drowning
. Seeing him in water is bad while seeing him on dry land means that he is weak and humiliated. If a crocodile pulls someone
into the waters in a dream, it means that someone
in authority will force him to do something he despises. If one sees himself eating the meat or flesh of a crocodile, or if one sees himself dragging a crocodile out of the water in a dream, it means that he will triumph against his enemy or opponent. (Also see Alligator; Policeman; Thief)
| || |