Horse Dream Explanation
— The horse
symbolizes power, authority, and prosperity. Its tail represents the offspring and grandchildren.
on a tamed horse
that goes slowly and perfectly under the horseman’s command: Will enjoy power, authority, prestige, dignity, and wealth as much as the horse
was obedient in the dream. Tying up a horse
would have the same meaning.
• The longer the horse’s tail, the more followers the rider has in real life. The reverse applies, in case the tail was cut off, for example. Every part, every limb, of the horse
represents a division of similar importance working under the ruler.
• The horse
bolting (taking the bit between its teeth), making it impossible for the horseman to control it: The latter will commit a sin or face a catastrophe inasmuch as the horse
was difficult to stop. In other words, it could mean that the dreamer would be carried away by his own whims and passions. It is all the more so if the horse
was spoilt as a result of good treatment, dissatisfied, or violent.
, in general, is good only on earth or in horses tracks. Therefore, riding
on the wall, on the roof, or in a sanctuary would be a bad omen, except if it was a winged horse
flying between heaven and earth. The latter case would mean dignity in life, travel, and deep religious faith.
• A piebald or spotted horse
means fame. A fair-haired one could mean either sorrow or victory, because “the angels horses were blond,” asserts Ibn Siren. A man told Ibn Siren he dreamed that he was on a horse
with iron lances. “Then you should expect death,” said the great interpreter.
• A horse
dying at a person’s hands or in his house: The death of such a person.
on a white-footed horse
with a white fringe and all white harness while dressed as a full-fledged horseman: Will gain power and prestige, merit praise, and live secure from all enemies. A bay, roan, or reddish brown horse
would be best if the dreamer were a combatant. The salamander (a color of Arab horses) refers to dignity and disease.
on a horse
and making it run till it sweats: Will be overcome by passion and commit sins to earn your living. It is noteworthy that sweat emanating from running is an expenditure on some sinful matter, in view of the verse of the Holy Quran that reads: “Run (flee) not, but return to the good things of this life which were given you, and to your homes, in order that ye may be called to account. They said: Alas for us! Woe to us! We were indeed wrongdoers!” (“Al-Anbiyae” [The Prophets], verses 13–14.)
• Seeing a horse
of either sex from a distance: Good augury, in view of a saying by the Holy Prophet that welfare accompanies horses till the Day of Resurrection.
• Driving a horse: The dreamer is trying to serve or seeking the service of an honest man.
on a two-winged horse: The dreamer will become a king or ruler if his stature permits. Otherwise he will simply obtain what he is aiming for.
• The runaway, bolting, or ungovernable horse: An angry and ungrateful man who takes things lightly and unconsciously. The same applies to a stubborn horse
• A jumping horse: Desires will be fulfilled quickly and abundance is ahead.
• The horse
running fast but keeping step: Things will be straight and even.
• Disagreement between the horseman and the beast: Insubordination of a slave or servant, disagreement with a business partner, or incongruity and rebellion of the wife.
• Seeing the pendent of a horse: The enemy will beat the horseman.
• Seeing horsemen flying in the air: Temptation, intrigue, and war will erupt in that place.
• Horses running bare between houses without their saddles and stirrups: Torrential rain.
• Seeing a herd of horses with saddles on their back but no stirrups: Women will gather in a wedding or a funeral.
• Owning or looking after a number of horses: The dreamer will become a governor or have more influence in his sphere.
on a saddled stallion or mare: Dignity and authority, because riding
is the privilege of kings and horses are what King Solomon used to ride. Such an authority could come through a woman the dreamer would marry or a slave girl he would buy. However, such a dream would not augur well in any case if the subject rode without reins, which symbolize guidance, wisdom, religion, and command. Losing the reins would also mean that welfare will slip away.
• Falling from the back of a stallion or mare while riding
bareback: Authority will wane, conditions will deteriorate, and corruption will encompass the dreamer’s wife.
• Seeing a saddled but unknown stallion or mare in one’s house: A woman will enter the house for sex, marriage, or a simple courtesy call. The same situation involving an unsaddled horse
would mean that a man would enter that house for marital purposes and the like. Draft horses or packhorses symbolize man’s perseverance and struggle. They are midway between a mare and a donkey. They represent a low-class wife and a slave or servant. On the other hand, they also refer to energy, luck earned through tears and sweat, and prosperity.
• Seeing one’s draft horse
rolling in the dust: Efforts will be stepped up, and wealth will increase.
• A yellow packhorse: Sorrow.
• If someone used to riding
mares rides a draft horse
, his prestige will fall, his power will wane, and he might abandon his wife to go with a slave girl or a nanny.
• Conversely, if a person used to riding
donkeys rides a draft horse
, people will talk highly of him and praise him and his income will increase. His sexual standard might also be promoted by going to bed with a free woman, rather than a slave.
• The higher and the stronger the pack horse
, the greater and more solid the religious faith.
• Dreaming that one’s draft horse
has become insubordinate and one is unable to control it means the wife will have the upper hand.
• The packhorse talking to the dreamer: Plenty of money will come from the wife’s side, and respectability will be enhanced.
• Making love to a packhorse: Will do a favour to one’s wife and abstain from complaining of any weakness.
on a draft horse: Will embark on a distant journey and get plenty of welfare from the wife’s side.
and flying with a draft horse: Will travel with one’s wife, who will become somebody.
• The draft horse
being angry with the dreamer: His wife is an infidel.
• Death of a draft horse: Death of a wife.
• Theft of a packhorse: Divorce.
• Loss of a draft horse: Wife will be immoral, obscene, and uncontrollable.
• A dog jumping over and making love to the dreamer’s draft horse: A Magus (Magi or Magian) enemy is following the dreamer’s wife. If the one jumping on the packhorse is a monkey, the flirting enemy is a Jew.
• A gray packhorse: A ruler or powerful man.
• A black draft horse: Money and sovereignty or supreme power.
• An unknown packhorse entering one’s hometown without any material: A stranger will step in. The seahorse symbolizes a liar or something that will not materialize. (See under Muhammad for winged horses.)
Horse Dream Explanation
— a horse
in the dream symbolises perbond status, rank, honur, dignity, power and glory. If he sees any increase in its quality and excellence it means similar increases in the quality and excellence of the above.
Mounting a Horse Dream Explanation
— If a person sees himself as mounting a horse
which has not defects at all while such a horse
trots slowly and gracefully, it means he will acquire honour, dignity and respectability. The same is the interpretation if he sees himself owning, acquiring or securing the horse
. For Rasoolullah (Sallallaahu-alayhi-wasallam) has said : “The horse
. Surely, its back is a means of honour for you and its stomach a means of fortune”.
A Fighting Horse Dream Explanation
— If a person sees the horse
fighting with him it means he will commit a serious crime landing himself in some misfortune whose seriousness depends on the strength of such a horse
Horse fright Dream Explanation
— Shying, as in a horse
fright, in a dream means hastening to undertake a journey, moving quickly from one place to another, or substituting one school of thought for another, adopting a new ideology, or changing one's religion. (Also see Horse) 214
A Flying Horse Dream Explanation
— If a person sees himself as mounted on a horse
which flies with him in the skies he will attain honour and dignity in both the worlds. Similar interpretation is given if he sees a horse
with wings. It may also mean that its owner will undertake a journey soon.
An Unknown Horse Dream Explanation
— Seeing an unfamiliar horse
which he does not own nor mounts means that he is a man of good repute and high honour. If he sees such a horse
entering his neighbourhood or house it means a powerful and honourable person will make his appearance in that neighbourhood or house. If he sees such a horse
leaving such a neghbourhood or house it means a man with same qualities mentioned above will leave the neighbourhood or house either by way of going away for good or death.
A Pack-Horse Dream Explanation
— A horse
meant for carrying burden symbolises a perbond fortune and luck.
A Brown Horse Dream Explanation
— A brown to tawny-coloured horse
means the owner will travel to some land where he will face harships.
Limbs of the Horse Dream Explanation
— Every limb of the horse
represents a perbond power and influence according to the importance of that limb.
An Uncontrollable Horse Dream Explanation
— If a horse
is seen as going out of control in a confined area such as the top of a wall or roof or within the four walls of a masjid it means his honour and dignity will be tarnished. Perhaps he will commit a sin or crime of a serious nature.
A Spotted Horse Dream Explanation
— A spotted (white and black) horse
means the owner will continue with the work he is doing for a long time or the matter with which he is linked will continue to persist.
Horse Milk Dream Explanation
— The drinker will acquire a good reputation.
A Black Horse Dream Explanation
— The owner will acquire abundant wealth and tremendous happiness.
A White Horse Dream Explanation
— Conditions experienced by the owner will persists.