Incident - Reciting Prayers for Benefiting The Pious Souls Dream Explanation — Someone used to regularly recite special prayers and offer their blessing to the benefit of the soul of Rabi'a Al-'Adawiyyah, God be pleased with her. One night, he saw her in a dream, and she said to him: "Your gifts are carried to us on trays of light and are covered with light."
Ozair Dream Explanation — Dreaming of Ozair (a prophet who was killed by God and left dead, along with his donkey, for a hundred years, then brought back to life as an eighty-year-old “young man” still about to recite the Torah, from the beginning to the end, as no one else ever could) means one:
• Will become a leader, through knowledge, wisdom, and a perfect memory and writing ability.
Zakat Dream Explanation — These are Islamic religious dues with very specific conditions, as taxes are anathema to Islam.
• Paying the zakat, in accordance with its specific conditions: Will earn a fortune, in view of a verse in the Holy Quran that reads as follows: “That which ye give in usury in order that it may increase on (other) people’s property hath no increase with Allah; but that which ye give in charity, seeking Allah’s countenance, hath increase manifold.” (“Al-Rum” [The Romans], verse 39.)
Reciting Surah Fatihah Dream Explanation — Anyone who recites it fully or partially, his duas will be assuredly accepted by Allah and he will derive such benefit thereby that it will bring him joy and happiness. Some say that he will marry seven women in succession and his duas will be accepted. This is borne out by the fact that Prophet Muhammad (sallallaahu-alayhi-wasallam) used to recite Alhamdu lillahi rab bil alameen in the beginning of his dua as well as at the end.
Satan Dream Explanation — • Satan dictating or teaching the dreamer certain words: He will make false statements, annoy people, or recite incorrect poetry.
• A demon entering the dreamer’s body or swallowing him: A trip fraught with dangers.
• Becoming Satan: (1) The dreamer will play havoc with people and strive to harm them. (2) The dreamer will die an atheist. (3) The dreamer will die in a blaze. (4) The dreamer will become a plumber.
Egg Dream Explanation — • Eating eggshells: The dreamer is a graverobber.
• Dreaming that wife has laid an egg: She will give birth to an atheist, in view of Quranic verses addressed to atheists and comprising examples of God’s might and miracles, such as: “… he bringeth forth the dead from the living” (“Al-Rum” [The Romans], verse 19.)
• Putting an egg under a hen that cracks to give way to chicks: A dead matter will be revived, and a pious son will be born to the dreamer or as many sons as there were chicks, in view of the Quranic expression in the same verse: “He bringeth forth the living from the dead….”
• Placing eggs under a cock, which is hatched to give chicks: A tutor will arrive for the young boys.
• Breaking an egg: Will deflower a virgin. If the dreamer fails to break it, he won’t be able to pierce the hymen.
Satan Dream Explanation — If one sees himself inwardly talking with Satan in a dream, it means that he will join hands with his own enemy, and his strike will be against the righteous people, though he will ultimately fail. If one sees Satan teaching him something in a dream, it means that he will fabricate a story, speak falsehood, or recite poems filled with lies. If one sees that Satan has descended upon him in a dream, it means that he engages in falsehood and sin. If one sees himself presiding over a band of satans, controlling them, commanding them, and if they obey him in the dream, it means that he will receive a seat of honor and he will be feared by his friend and foes.
Quran Dream Explanation — (Also see Quranic Verses and Sarah's.)
• Reading the Holy Quran openly: Trustworthiness, righteousness, virtue, and deterrence from vice in view of certain verses in the Holy Book itself: “They are not alike. Of the People of the Scripture there is a staunch community who recite the revelations of Allah all night long, falling prostrate (before Him). They believe in Allah and the Last Day, and enjoin right conduct and forbid indecency, and vie one another in good work. They are of the righteous.” (“Al-‘Imram” [The Imran Family], verses 113–14.)
• Reading in a Mushaf : Will acquire wisdom, dignity, and good repute and faith will be strengthened. The Mushaf in general, represents wisdom.
• Buying a Mushaf: The dreamer’s religious knowledge will expand and spread, and he will benefit others.
• Selling a Mushaf: The dreamer will indulge in sins and abominations.
• Burning a Mushaf: The dreamer will lose religious faith.
Angels Dream Explanation — If one sees angels descending upon a cemetery in a dream, it signifies the presence of blessed and righteous souls in that place. If one sees angels walking in the markets in a dream, it means that the merchants are trifling with prices and playing with the measures. If the angels who are in charge of punishing the sinner in hell walk before a dying person and he does not fear them in the dream, it means peace and tranquillity. If one sees the angels teaching a dying person how to recite his final rites in a dream, it means glad tidings and attainment of what his heart desires, a guarantee of his safety, happiness, joy and of having a blessed and a good heart. If he sees them angry with him or beating him or subduing and taming him in a dream, it means that he may revert to sin, earn the displeasure of his parents, disdain from complying with Allah's commands, or he could even come to deny the necessity of Allah's religion. Such angels in a dream also represent the emissaries of a governor or his deputies.