Quranic verses Dream Explanation — Reading or listening to Quranic verses in a dream may carry needed interpretations related to one's current studies of Allah's holy Book. If they indicate verses of mercy in the dream, it means that he will receive it, and if they carry admonition in the dream, and unless one immediately repents, they mean a punishment for one's sins. (Also see Pearl necklace)
Quranic Verses Dream Explanation — • Seeing a dead person reading or reciting “Ayat Al Rahma” or verses referring to God’s compassion and mercy: The dead person is enjoying God’s mercy.
• Seeing a dead person reading or reciting verses alluding to God’s punishment: He is tortured by God.
• Verses implying a warning: Beware of committing sins.
• Verses referring to good tidings: Welfare is ahead.
• Dreaming that you are reading verses about the tortures God is reserving for the unbelievers and stumbling over one of them (being unable to read it): Joy.
Quranic Verses Dream Explanation — • Reading verses on torture and being unable to read the ones on compassion and mercy when the dreamer reaches them: Hardships will continue.
• Reading “Ayatul Kursi,” the 255th verse of “Surat Al-Baqarah” (The Cow or the Heifer), very much in use for exorcism: Will be safe from plagues, desires will be fulfilled will be cured if ill, prestige would be enhanced and will be more intelligent and blessed with a strong memory.
• A verse of the Holy Quran written on one’s shirt: The dreamer abides strictly by the tenets of the Holy Book.
Quranic recital Dream Explanation — Hearing, or reading any Quranic chapter which is customarily read for a deceased person in a dream, signifies the death of a sick person in that family. Professional Quran readers in a dream represent the leading people of the society. To hear a professional Quranic recital in a dream means that people in authority will soon gather in the place where the recital is seen in one's dream. If one sees himself reading his book of records on the Day of Judgment in a dream, and if he is an unlettered person in wakefulness, it means that he will become rich after having suffered from poverty, and that he will answer all the questions he will be asked on the Day of Reckoning, or that he will be protected by Allah Almighty from what he fears most. This happens if one's reading of his own records is positive, but if it reads his sins and pitfalls in the dream, then it denotes distress, trouble, or sufferings. (Also see Holy Book; Reading)
Quranic recital Dream Explanation — Reading the holy Quran or part of it in a dream means rising in station, gaining power, repenting from sins, prosperity, paying one's debts, witnessing the truth, or delivering a trust to its rightful owner. Reciting the holy Quran with a beautiful voice in a dream means honor, dignity and good fame. Reading the holy Quran and adding one's own words to it in a dream means wavering from the truth, or betraying one's promise or covenant. If in the latter case one does not understand the meaning of what he is saying in the dream, it means that he will give a false testimony in a court of justice, or that he will be involved in something evil the consequences of which cannot be foreseen. If one sees people listening to his recital of the Quran in a dream, it means that he will command a job, and that people will follow his instructions.
Quranic commentaries Dream Explanation — (arb. Tafsir. See Reference book)
Cobbler Dream Explanation — A man who joins people's hearts. He is very influential in forging unity between husbands and wives.
Satan Dream Explanation — • Chaining up or tying up Satan: Glory in view of the Quranic verses: “And the unruly, every builder and diver (made We subservient), and others linked together in chains… “48 (“Sad,” verses 37–38.)
• A devil diving or descending on the dreamer: He will lie and commit an abomination in view of the Quranic verse: “They descend on every sinful, false one.” [The Poets], verse 222.)
• Whispering to Satan: The dreamer will connive with his enemies and plot against the pious but fail, in view of the Quranic verse: “Lo! Conspiracy is only of the Devil, that he may vex those who believe; but he can harm them not at all unless by Allah’s leave. In Allah let believers put their trust.” (“Al-Mujadalah” [The Argumentation], verse 10.)
Quran Dream Explanation — Reciting the Quran by heart and without reading the pages of the holy Book in a dream means proving to be true, or having a true claim, being pious, commanding what is good and forbidding what is evil. If one is told averse from the holy Quran in a dream, he should understand it, memorize it and comply with the same. If the verse reads about mercy or glad tidings or other admonitions in the dream, the interpretation of one's dream should be the same. If the Quranic verses recited in the dream connote an advice, one should act upon it in order for him to reap its benefits. If one hears a Quranic verse containing a warning, promising punishment for the disbelievers, or announcing a swift retribution for their sins, then one should immediately repent for his sins, even if the verses relate to previous nations or times.
Angel Dream Explanation — • Seeing birds flying without being able to identify their species: Those are angels who will avenge the oppressed.
• Seeing those among the angels who have a special status and serve as scribes: For a good person, joy and happiness in life and in the Hereafter, as well as a happy ending; otherwise, the dreamer should heed the warning inherent in the Quranic verses: “Generous (or enjoying a special status) and recording, who know (all) that ye do.” (“Al-Infitar” [The Cleaving], verses 11 and 12.)
• Seeing an angel in the image of an old man: A reference to the past.
Palm Tree Dream Explanation — One palm tree is a reliable and powerful friend. It could also refer to an honest woman famous for her charity. The palm branches or leaves symbolize more children and progeny. They could also allude to women’s hair. Its clusters mean money in view of the Quranic verses: “And lofty date-palms with ranged clusters, provision (made) for men; and therewith We quicken a dead land. Even so will be the resurrection of the dead.” (“Qa,” verses 10–11.)
Jihad, Religious War, Or Muslim Struggle Dream Explanation — • Emerging victorious from a religious battle: The dreamer will achieve business gains or trade will be prosperous.
• Dying in the way of Allah: Joy, welfare, and dignity, owing to the Quranic verses: “Think not of those who are slain in the way of Allah, as dead. Nay, they are living. With their Lord they have provision: Jubilant (are they) because of that which Allah hath bestowed upon them His bounty, rejoicing for the sake of those who have not joined them but are left behind: that there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.” (“Al-Imran” [Imran Family], verses 169–170.)
Quran Dream Explanation — If one sees himself completing the reading of the entire Quran in a dream, it means that a splendid reward from his Lord is awaiting him, and that he will get whatever he asks for. If a disbeliever sees himself reading the holy Quran in a dream, the verses of admonition will help him in his life, the verses of punishment will be his warning from Allah Almighty and the parables will denote his need to contemplate the meaning. If one sees himself writing the verses of the holy Quran on slabs of a mother of pearl, or on a piece of cloth in a dream, it means that he interprets it according to his own liking. If one sees himself inscribing a Quranic verse on the ground in a dream, it means that he is an atheist. It is also said that reading the Quran in a dream means fulfillment of one's needs, clearing of one's heart and establishment of one's success in his life.
Resuscitate (Live Again) Dream Explanation — • Resuscitation of a brother: The dreamer’s weakness will turn into strength in view of the following verses: “ (My Lord), appoint for me a henchman from my folk, Harun [Aaron], my brother. Confirm my strength with him.” (“Ta-Ha”, verses 29–31.)
• Resuscitation of a sister: An absent one will return from abroad, bringing joy, owing to the Quranic verse that reads: “And she said unto his sister: Trace him. So she sighted him from afar, whereas they perceived not” (“Al-Qasas” [The Requital, verse 11) .
• Resuscitation of an uncle or an aunt: Return or revival of a matter that had gone out of the dreamer’s hands.
Quran Dream Explanation — (Also see Quranic Verses and Sarah's.)
• Reading the Holy Quran openly: Trustworthiness, righteousness, virtue, and deterrence from vice in view of certain verses in the Holy Book itself: “They are not alike. Of the People of the Scripture there is a staunch community who recite the revelations of Allah all night long, falling prostrate (before Him). They believe in Allah and the Last Day, and enjoin right conduct and forbid indecency, and vie one another in good work. They are of the righteous.” (“Al-‘Imram” [The Imran Family], verses 113–14.)
• Reading in a Mushaf : Will acquire wisdom, dignity, and good repute and faith will be strengthened. The Mushaf in general, represents wisdom.
• Buying a Mushaf: The dreamer’s religious knowledge will expand and spread, and he will benefit others.
• Selling a Mushaf: The dreamer will indulge in sins and abominations.
• Burning a Mushaf: The dreamer will lose religious faith.
Paradise Dream Explanation — • Picking the fruits of Paradise to feed someone else: The dreamer is conveying his learning to somebody who benefits from it; but he himself doesn’t.
• Throwing Paradise into Hell: The dreamer will sell a beautiful garden and consume its price.
• Drinking from the waters of Al-Kawthar (Abundance), the heavenly fountain of unbounded grace and knowledge, mercy and goodness, truth and wisdom, spiritual power and insight, which was granted to the Muslim’s Holy Prophet and somehow to all men and women who are sincere devotees of God: Headship and victory over the enemy in view of the Quranic verses: “Lo! We have given thee Abundance; so pray unto thy Lord, and sacrifice.” (“Al-Kawthar” [Abundance], verses 1–2.)
Zakat Dream Explanation — • Paying the zakat that is due on the Bairam feast, which marks the end of the holy month of Ramadan during which Muslims fast: Will pray more and use the rosary more than often in recalling God, in view of the Quranic verses: “He is successful he who pays the Zakat, and re-membereth the Name of his Lord, so prayeth.” (“Al-Aala” [The Most High], verse 14–15.)
Ruby Dream Explanation — • Wearing a green ruby ring: Wife will give birth to a bright, pious, and knowledgeable boy.
• Receiving a ruby: The dreamer will marry a pretty lady.
• A bachelor wishing to get married dreaming of taking or receiving a ruby: He will marry a beautiful and pious woman in view of the Quranic verses: “In them will be (maidens), chaste, restraining their glances, whom no man or jinn before them has touched; then which of them favours of your Lord will ye deny?—Like unto rubies and coral.” (“Al-Rahman” [God, the Most Gracious], verses 56–58.)
• Getting from the sea or riverbed heaps of rubies: Plenty of rubies: (1) A reference to money. (2) An additional province for the ruler. (3) More learning for the scholar. (4) Business for the trader.
• Wearing a garland of ruby and coral: The dreamer will derive dignity and power from a beautiful lady.
Egg Dream Explanation — • Eating eggshells: The dreamer is a graverobber.
• Dreaming that wife has laid an egg: She will give birth to an atheist, in view of Quranic verses addressed to atheists and comprising examples of God’s might and miracles, such as: “… he bringeth forth the dead from the living” (“Al-Rum” [The Romans], verse 19.)
• Putting an egg under a hen that cracks to give way to chicks: A dead matter will be revived, and a pious son will be born to the dreamer or as many sons as there were chicks, in view of the Quranic expression in the same verse: “He bringeth forth the living from the dead….”
• Placing eggs under a cock, which is hatched to give chicks: A tutor will arrive for the young boys.
• Breaking an egg: Will deflower a virgin. If the dreamer fails to break it, he won’t be able to pierce the hymen.
Angel Dream Explanation — • Angels descending on graves: Devout people will be buried there.
• Angels in a souk (marketplace): Cheating is taking place there.
• Flying with the angels and rising with them to the sky, not to return: Will be honoured in this world, then die as a martyr.
• Contemplating the angels: Catastrophe or something will befall the dreamer’s children and fortune, in view of the Quranic verse: “The Day they see the angels, no joy will there be to the criminals that Day: the (angels) will say there is a barrier forbidden (to you) altogether!” (“Al-Furqan” [The Criterion], verse 22).