Sitting Dream Explanation — In a dream, sitting means inactivity, idling, failure, disappointment, paralysis and for an old woman, it may mean ceasing to bear children.
Boarding or Sitting in a Vessel Dream Explanation — If a person sees himself as having boarded a vessel which is sea-bounded or merely cruising on water it suggest that he will become entangled with the king or authorities carrying out an investigation on him. The seriousness of the investigation will depend on the capacity of the vessel. Ultimately he will be liberated from their clutches.
Incident - Al-Junayyid sitting by his doorsteps Dream Explanation — Imam Al-Junayyid reported that he was once sitting by his doorsteps. A blind man who was asking people to help him passed by him. Al-Junayyid said to himself: "If this man trusted in God Almighty and sat on the corner of a street, or at the entrance of a mosque, God Almighty will surely provide for him without his asking." Al-Junayyid continued: "That night, a copper tray was placed before me in a dream, and that blind man was laid on it.
Incident - Al-Junayyid sitting by his doorsteps Dream Explanation — A voice then said to me: 'Eat from the flesh of this man.' I replied: 'God is my witness, I did not backbite him. It was only a thought, and my tongue never uttered a word of that.' The voice then said: 'Remember, Oh Junayyid, such an excuse cannot be accepted from a person with your level of knowledge.'" Junayyid added: "In the morning, I sat at my doorsteps again, pondering what had happened. Meanwhile, the blind man walked by me and said: 'Oh Aba Al-Qasim, was it enough what you saw last night, and did you repent?'"
Incident - White Pigeon sitting on top of a Mosque Dream Explanation — A person related his dream to Ibn Sirin (RA), saying that he had seen a white pigeon, sitting on the pinnacle of a masjid in Madeenah and that he was captivated by its beauty. Then came a hawk and carried it away. The Imaam said; “If you are speaking the truth it means Hajjaaj bin Yoosuf will marry the daguther of Abdullah bin Jafar At-Tayyaar”. It is said that not many days had passed before Hajjaaj married her.
Incident - White Pigeon sitting on top of a Mosque Dream Explanation — Someone asked Ibn Sirin : “O Aba Abdallah, how did you happen to come to this interpretation?” He replied: “A pigeon symbolises a woman. Its whiteness represents her beauty. The pinnacle of the masjid bespeaks her nobility and honour. And I found no other woman with such beauty and honour except the daughter of At-Tayyaar. Then I looked at the hawk which symbolises a tyrant and despotic ruler. I found Hajjaaj fitting this description. This how I reached this interpretation.” It is said that all the people sitting in his majlis were awe-struck when they heard this explanation of his.
Prayer mat Dream Explanation — A prayer mat in a dream represents a pious woman, or it could mean receiving a religious duty, or a spiritual appointment.
Prayer bead s Dream Explanation — In a dream, prayer beads represent a righteous and a pious woman, a lawful and blessed livelihood, or loyal soldiers. (Also see Beads)
Prayer niche Dream Explanation — (See Mihrab)
Prayer Niche Or Mihrab Dream Explanation — • A woman praying in the prayer niche: Will give birth to a male child.
• Praying in the prayer niche but not at the right time: Welfare for the dreamer’s progeny or successors.
• Urinating in the prayer niche: Will have a son who will become a Muslim spiritual leader, as the mihrab basically represents the imam.
• Urinating or pissing one, two, or three drops in the prayer niche: Will have as many virtuous and handsome children as there were drops.
Prayer Niche Or Mihrab Dream Explanation — • Praying in the prayer niche: Good augury in view of a verse in the Holy Quran: “And the angels called to him as he stood praying in the prayer niche: Allah grive thee glad tidings of (a son whose name is) Yahya (John), (who cometh) to confirm a word from Allah, lordly, chaste, a prophet of the righteous.” (“Al-Imran” [The Imran Family], verse 39.)
Call For Prayer (Arabic: Athan) Dream Explanation — • Calling for prayer from a minaret: The dreamer is advocating right and justice and would, hopefully, go to Mecca (Makkah).
• Calling for prayer from a well: The dreamer is prompting people to embark on a long trip.
• A nonprofessional muaththen (the one who launches the prayer call) dreaming that he is doing so: Will have a post as high as his voice was loud and pleasant, in case he is eligible.
• Calling for prayer from a hilltop: (1) Will be entrusted with a glorious responsibility by a foreigner, if eligible. (2) Will make a successful business deal or learn a valuable craft.
• Extending or shortening the prayer call or altering its rituals: Will commit an injustice.
• Launching the athan from a street: The dreamer will promote virtue and deter vice, if eligible; otherwise, he will start a fight.
Call For Prayer (Arabic: Athan) Dream Explanation — • Launching the prayer call while standing on top of a wall: The dreamer is undertaking a peace initiative.
• Launching the prayer call from a roof: Death will occur in that house.
• Calling people for prayer but receiving no response: The dreamer is amid evildoers in view of a verse in the Holy Quran: “And the dwellers of the Garden (Paradise) cry unto the dwellers of the Fire (Hell): We have found that which our Lord promised us (to be) the Truth. Have ye (too) found that which your Lord promised the Truth? They say: Yea, verily. And a crier in between them crieth: The curse of Allah is on evildoer.” (“Al-Aaraf,” verse 44.)
Call For Prayer (Arabic: Athan) Dream Explanation — There are contradictory interpretations of dreams involving the athan or call for prayers. In general, according to interpreter Abu Said Al-Waez, the athan is a good dream for religious-minded people and those who specialize in religion. It should also be done properly and in the proper place. Otherwise, it is a bad dream, as in the case of someone dreaming that he is calling for prayer in a garbage disposal area, in which case it would mean that the dreamer is attempting a reconciliation with a foolish person who would reject him. Likewise, calling for prayer in a house, rather than in the mosque, would mean that the dreamer is trying to entice a woman. According to Ibn Siren, the athan means separation between partners in view of a verse to this effect in “Suratul Taubah” (Repentance) in the Holy Quran.
• Calling for prayer once or twice, then praying as ordained by God: Will perform hajj or umrah (minor and out-of-season pilgrimage).
• Launching the prayer call while standing on the Kabah in Mecca (Makkah): The dreamer will come out with a heresy. The dream would be worse if the call was launched from within the Kabah.
Call For Prayer (Arabic: Athan) Dream Explanation — • A child launching the prayer call: His parents will be innocent from calumnies, by analogy with the story and origin of Jesus Christ.
• Launching the praying call in a bathroom: Bad dream on both the spiritual and material planes. It could mean that the dreamer is a pimp.
• Crying for prayers in the “hot house”23: Will have a shaking fever. Crying for prayers in the “cold house”: Will have a fever.
• Launching the athan at the gate of the ruler: Will speak the truth.
• Calling for prayer while clad indecently or showing one’s underwear: Will penetrate a woman.
• Someone launching the athan in a souk (marketplace): Someone in that souk will pass away.
• Hearing an unpleasant athan: Someone is inviting the dreamer to indulge in vice and abominations.
Finger Dream Explanation — (Also see Dye.) Fingers are the brother’s children, since it is believed that the hand represents the brother. Those of the right hand refer to the Muslims five compulsory daily prayers. The left hand fingers are the children of the brother or sister. The thumb is the dawn prayer, the index finger the noon prayer, the middle finger the early afternoon prayer, the ring finger, the sunset prayer, and the little finger the evening prayer.
• Having long fingers: The dreamer observes his religious duties, especially prayer. The reverse is also true.
• The imam (the Muslims spiritual leader) having long fingers: He is too greedy, tyrannical, and unfair to his subjects.
• A finger falling: Will abandon the related prayer.
• Seeing one finger in the place of another: The dreamer is performing the right prayer at the wrong time.
• Biting somebody’s fingertips: The bitten one is impolite, but the dreamer is inflicting too severe a punishment on him.
Five fingers Dream Explanation — (Hand) In a dream, the fingers of the right hand represent the daily five time prayers. The thumb represents the pre-dawn prayer, the index represents the midday prayer, the middle finger represents the mid-afternoon prayer, the ring finger represents the sunset prayer, and the little finger represents the evening prayer. As for the fingers of the left hand in a dream, they are interpreted to represent one's nephews. To cross or intertwine one's fingers in a dream means difficulties and poverty. (Also see Body; Fingers; Thimble)
Moon Dream Explanation — Seeing the moon in the position of Taurus in a dream means losses for a business traveler. As for seeing it in the position of Gemini in a dream, then it means profits from a ranch and raising livestock. Seeing the moon in the position of Cancer in a dream means good time to get married and conceive children. Seeing it in the position of Leo in a dream means bad business for partnerships, securities, or mixing capitals. Seeing it in the position of Virgo in a dream is good for health and fitness oriented people. Seeing the moon in the position of Libra in a dream means water loss for a pregnant woman.
Amulet Dream Explanation — (Incantation; Prayer; Talisman; A prayer worn around the neck or cherished to word off evil and attract good fortune.) When a prayer is read in a dream following the prophetic traditions to help a sick person in the dream, it means protection from sufferings, dispelling distress and dissipation of sadness. If the amulet or the talisman carries a personal spell or wish, then it is nothing but lies, falsehood, affectation and hypocrisy. If the person who recites the incantation in the dream is a craftsperson, it means that he defrauds the people and fakes his product.
Tahayyat Dream Explanation — (arb. Testimonial greetings) The last segment of the regular Islamic prayers which is recited in a sitting posture. Once completed, one may ask for his personal needs or pray for others. If one reaches this segment of his prayer in a dream, it represents a condition or an agreement that must be fulfilled between two partners, or it could mean finding a guardian for one's intended wife (i.e., her father, uncle, brother, etcetera), without whom the marriage is not legitimate. Reciting the Tahayyat in a dream also means bartering material property for spiritual gains.