Kneel Dream Explanation — • Kneeling: Will live long, till the body is bent.
• Kneeling to pray to God: (1) Will submit to the will of the Almighty. (2) Will observe the limits and prohibitions set by God and discharge religious duties. (3) Will pray a lot and quickly fulfil all desires relating to this world and the Hereafter. (4) Will triumph over anyone showing hostility.
• Failing to kneel during the Muslim prayer till its time is over: The dreamer is not paying his religious dues.
• Kneeling to anyone else but God: Wrongdoing, or the dreamer will render a service to an evil person.
Incident - Seeing Al-Junayyid Dream Explanation — After Al-Junayyid's death, a disciple saw him in a dream and asked: "What did God Almighty do to you, Oh Junayyid?" Al-Junayyid replied: "All the knowledge went away, and all the thoughts disappeared. Only a few prayers (Raka'at) which we used to pray in the middle of the night were of any benefit to us.
Zakat Dream Explanation — • Paying the zakat that is due on the Bairam feast, which marks the end of the holy month of Ramadan during which Muslims fast: Will pray more and use the rosary more than often in recalling God, in view of the Quranic verses: “He is successful he who pays the Zakat, and re-membereth the Name of his Lord, so prayeth.” (“Al-Aala” [The Most High], verse 14–15.)
Ibn 'Umar's Wanting To See A Good Dream Dream Explanation — Narrated Ibn 'Umar: Men from the companions of Allah's Apostle (Sallallaahu-Alayhi-wasallam) used to see dreams during the lifetime of Allah's Apostle (Sallallaahu-Alayhi-wasallam) and they used to narrate those dreams to Allah's Apostle(Sallallaahu-Alayhi-wasallam) . Allah's Apostle would interpret them as Allah wished. I was a young man and used to stay in the mosque before my wedlock. I said to myself, "If there were any good in myself, I too would see what these people see." So when I went to bed one night, I said, "O Allah! If you see any good in me, show me a good dream." So while I was in that state, there came to me (in a dream) two angels. In the hand of each of them, there was a mace of iron, and both of them were taking me to Hell, and I was between them, invoking Allah, "O Allah! I seek refuge with You from Hell." Then I saw myself being confronted by another angel holding a mace of iron in his hand. He said to me, "Do not be afraid, you will be an excellent man if you only pray more often." So they took me till they stopped me at the edge of Hell, and behold, it was built inside like a well and it had side posts like those of a well, and beside each post there was an angel carrying an iron mace. I saw therein many people hanging upside down with iron chains, and I recognized therein some men from the Quraish. Then (the angels) took me to the right side. I narrated this dream to (my sister) Hafsa and she told it to Allah's Apostle (Sallallaahu-Alayhi-wasallam). Allah's Apostle (Sallallaahu-Alayhi-wasallam) said, "No doubt, 'Abdullah is a good man." (Nafi' said, "Since then 'Abdullah bin 'Umar used to pray much.) (Bukhari)
Uncertainty Dream Explanation — If a seeker or a student on the path sees himself searching at no avail for a place to pray in a dream, it represents a blocking on his path, or obstruction of his learning. As for a merchant, uncertainty in a dream represents obstacles hindering his efforts from receiving any significant benefits from his business.
Maqam Ibrahim Dream Explanation — Maqam Ibrahim is the place where Ibrahim stood to pray next to the Kabah in Mecca (Makkah). Dreaming of being at the Maqam or praying toward it means the dreamer will observe the Sharia (religious law), will be secure, and will perform the pilgrimage to Mecca (Makkah).
Cock Dream Explanation — The cock and the hen represent a foreign slave, a bondsman, or the offspring of a bondman, because those birds do not fly. The cock also symbolizes an enthusiastic and energetic man—one whose voice is heard, like the muath-thin or muezzin (he who calls people to pray). Likewise, it refers to a man of influence but who is under someone else’s authority, again because despite its huge size, crest, or comb that stands like a crown on its head, the cock is owned by somebody and cannot fly.
Tahayyat Dream Explanation — (arb. Testimonial greetings) The last segment of the regular Islamic prayers which is recited in a sitting posture. Once completed, one may ask for his personal needs or pray for others. If one reaches this segment of his prayer in a dream, it represents a condition or an agreement that must be fulfilled between two partners, or it could mean finding a guardian for one's intended wife (i.e., her father, uncle, brother, etcetera), without whom the marriage is not legitimate. Reciting the Tahayyat in a dream also means bartering material property for spiritual gains.
Wash Dream Explanation — It could also refer to an honest man who brings back to the right path many people who had gone astray or were misleading others.
• Lying on a mortuary washing table: Promotion and the end of worries.
• One or more dead persons requesting the dreamer to wash their clothes: The dreamer is requested to recall God, pray for someone, give sadaqa, or alms, settle a debt, satisfy an adversary, or carry out a will.
• Seeing someone washing the clothes of a dead person: The washer will do something good for the deceased.
Ablution - Ritual Washing Before Prayers Dream Explanation — Ablutions symbolize the discharge of responsibility in all honesty, the repayment of a debt, or truthful testimony.
• Conducting ablutions in order to pray: Will be in God’s good books.
• Conducting ablutions in a tunnel or some subterranean passage: Will recover what was stolen.
• Conducting ablutions, then tackling prayers: Will have no more worries and thank God for such relief.
• Conducting ablutions with something impure and improper: Expected relief will not come.
• A merchant dreaming that he is praying without having conducted ablutions: He is trading without capital.
Makkah Dream Explanation — • Being in a house in Mecca (Makkah) in which the dreamer stayed before: The renewal of a mandate.
• Being in Mecca (Makkah) with the dead: Will die as a martyr.
• Mecca (Makkah) becoming the dreamer’s house: Will become a resident of that holy city.
• Leaving Mecca (Makkah) behind one’s back: Will be separated from or quit one’s chief.
• Mecca (Makkah) destroyed: The dreamer doesn’t pray much.
Sodomy Dream Explanation — vigour, as the words grandfather and endeavours are homonyms in Arabic.
• An identified dead man sodomizing a living human: The latter will obtain a share from the former’s bequest or from his heirs or kith and kin.
• Sodomizing a dead man: The dreamer will pray for the latter.
• Being sodomized by the caliph (or ruler): The dreamer will rule over a province or be given an important position. Sodomizing a man without problems: Harmony prevails between the two partners during that period, and the passive one will benefit from the other, be he identified or not.
• Penetrating the anus of a prelate: The dreamer will sweep dirt.
Flying Dream Explanation — According to Al-Nabulsi, if the dreamer has too many aspirations and is a vain person, any dream involving flying is null and void. For others:
• Dreaming repeatedly of flying: (1) The dreamer has many wishes. (2) The dreamer is frivolous and uncontrollable when angry. (3) The dreamer is happy. (4) The dreamer is superstitious and draws an evil omen from certain things.
• Flying: Travelling. The best dream in this section is that in which the flying is in the direction of the Qiblah, the place toward which worshipers turn their faces when they pray. At first, it was Al-Aqsa Mosque in Al-Quds (Jerusalem), and now it is Mecca (Makkah).
Washing the dead Dream Explanation — (Undertaker) If one sees a deceased person washing himself before burial in a dream, it means relief for one's dependents and increase of their wealth after him. Washing a deceased person in a dream means that someone will repent at the hand of the undertaker. If a deceased person asks someone to wash his clothing in a dream, it means that he needs someone to pray for him, or to intercede on his behalf before his Lord, or pay charity for the benefit of his soul, or to satisfy his debts, or to fulfill his will, or to seek justice for his death.
Worship Dream Explanation — • Worshiping a fire without flame or which has been put out: The dreamer is running after sins or illicit gains (because sins are like fire). (1) The dreamer is aspiring to enter the service of a sultan, because fire is a sultan: a potentate whose power is so autocratic that he can afford to be whimsical Being in a musalla, or prayer area, means one will perform hajj (pilgrimage) and be secure in view of the following verses in the Holy Quran: “And when We made the House [at Mecca (Makkah)] a resort for mankind and a sanctuary, (saying) Take as your place of worship the place where Ibrahim (Abraham) stood (to pray).
Column Dream Explanation — If one becomes a pillar in a dream, it also could mean his death, or it could mean crying. A pillar in a dream also represents a father, a son, money, capital, a partner, a vehicle, one's wife or a leader. A marble column in a dream represents a great wealth, a great man, or a great woman. A column made from granite in a dream represents someone who despises himself. If it is from stone, it means fast changing conditions. If it is a wooden column in the dream, then it represents a hypocrite. The pillars of a mosque represent the Imam, the muezzin, the servants and the people who pray in it. (Also see Base)
Necromancy Dream Explanation — • Sodomizing a dead man or a woman dreaming that a dead person had made love to her: Benefits from an undesirable source, the same as the dead are undesirable sex partners.
• Sodomizing an identified dead man: Will do something good in memory of the latter, such as offering prayers, et cetera.
• Having incestuous sex or making love to a prohibited dead relation: Again, will pray for, give alms in memory of, or visit that relative’s grave.
• Making love to one’s mother seen dead in the dream: Will meet her if she is alive. Having sex with her in the grave means death.
Grave Dream Explanation — • Seeing a person’s grave being turned into a house, a shop, or a village: The family of the defunct will build a house there.
• Dreaming of entering a grave without being carried on a bier: Will buy an empty house.
• Standing by a grave: Will commit a sin, in view of a verse in the Holy Quran that reads: “And never (O Muhammad) pray for one of them who dieth, nor stand by his grave. Lo! they disbelieved in Allah and His messenger, and they died while they were evildoers.” (“Al-Taubah” [Repentance], verse 84.)
• Standing by one’s grave and looking at it: Will repent and sins will be forgiven.
• Seeing a well-off person roaming about in a graveyard: That person will go broke (because the dead do not carry any money).
Church Dream Explanation — • A man praying in a church according to Christian rites: Will mix with atheists, heretics, adulterers, drunkards, or people who commit other abominations. The same would apply to a woman dreaming of attending a tumultuous marriage ceremony or a funeral at which people weep loudly, tear their pockets, and wear black.
• Remembering or mentioning Allah in a church and denouncing what the worshipers there are doing: Will work for the promotion of virtue and the deterrence of vice.
• Mentioning God, crying, and praying toward the Kabah (in the direction of Mecca (Makkah)) inside the church: Will visit a graveyard to pray for the dead or attend a funeral service.
Allah Dream Explanation — If one sees himself running away to hide from Allah Almighty in a dream, it means that he will change the course of his devotion into heedlessness. Seeing a veil separating between the servant and his Lord in a dream means that one will commit major sins and abominable actions. If one sees his Lord frowning at him, whereby he could not bear the effulgence of Allah's light, or if he is seized by a shock and immediately commences to repent and pray for forgiveness in the dream, it means that such a person is indulging in abominable actions, and that he is a despicable sinner who follows his own mind and desires, and that he is an innovator of religious thoughts who misleads the people.