| |Golf bag Dream Explanation
— In a dream, a golf
bag represents the keeper of one's secrets, or it could represent one's mistress. If any of its contents are exposed, or if they peak from its opening end in the dream, it means divulging one's secrets. A gulf bag in a dream also represents the carrier who turns against his employer or betrays him.
Golf ball Dream Explanation
— (See Ball)
Drummer Dream Explanation
— In a dream, a drummer represents festivities and joy. If a drummer visits a sick person in a dream, it means that the latter will shortly die and that drums will play
at his funeral. On the other hand, it could mean that the sick person may recover and people will rejoice for his recovery and play
music and drums to express their joy. A drummer in a dream also could represent someone who breaks the news. Seeing a drummer in a dream also may denote a colic illness. A drummer in a dream also represents a strong and an alarming person. A drummer in a dream can also be interpreted as one's abdomen, or someone who brings false news, or a procurer, or someone who calls people to falsehood. (Also see Drum)
Ball Dream Explanation
— (Baseball; Basketball; Cricket ball; Football; Glob; Golf
ball; Handball; PingPong ball; Pushball; Snowball; Tennis ball; Volleyball) A ball in a dream signifies a dispute, an argument, a fight to control the world and its resources. Some will desire it and others will reject it. A ball in a dream also could signify travels or moving between places. Usually, a ball in a dream represents a man. If it is made from leather, then it represents a leader, a boss, or a scholar. Playing ball in a dream means a fight. (Also see Games)
Fool Dream Explanation
— (Impudence; Shamelessness; Silliness; Stupidity) To make fool of oneself in a dream means ignorance. To play
silly before people in a dream means spiritual losses or foolishness. However, silliness in a dream is also interpreted to mean victory over one's enemy, rising in station or expansion of one's authority, if he is pretending.
Button Dream Explanation
— (Buttonhole; Fastener; Man) A button in a dream represents protection, guarding one's honor, a just contract, money, or profits particularly if the button is made of silver or gold. A button and a buttonhole in a dream also represents a man and a woman. If an unwed person sees himself buttoning a shirt in a dream, it means that he will get married, or that he will play
an important role in uniting two people, or to bring peace between two partners, or that he will revive an old and a forsaken project. Tying one's buttons in a dream means getting married, or going through difficult financial circumstances. Wearing a buttoned shirt in a dream means experiencing tight circumstances, or reuniting with a traveller returning home, or marriage of an unmarried person. (Also see Clothing)
Jumping Dream Explanation
— (Bounce; Hop; Leap) To see oneself hopping on one leg in a dream means moving from an old place into a new one. If one takes a broad leap with one jump in his dream it means travels. Hopping on one leg because of an illness or an impairment in a dream means loss of half of one's money or property and finding it difficult to sustain one's needs with the balance. Playing football or hopping with a ball, or jumping while performing acrobatic exercises, or gymnastic feats in a dream means profits or benefits for someone who is used to play
such games, or participates in such training. Otherwise, it could mean facing dangerous or severe adversity. In a dream, jumping from place to place also means false news, fabricated accusations, changing moods with one's friends, or finding oneself bored with them. If one jumps over a wall in a dream, it means that he will change from a believer into a disbeliever or follow the advice of a disbeliever. (Also see Jump)
Games Dream Explanation
— (Amusement; Cynicism; Playing games; Playing) To play
games or to act sprightly in a dream means pride, arrogance, being cynical, profanity or defiling what is sacred in one's religion and lacking reverence for it. Playing backgammon in a dream means exaltation, gaining power, honor and rank, or it could denote one's pride, arrogance and cynicism. Playing with a wedding ring in a dream means concealing secrets, except if someone else appears in one's dream, then it could mean looking for a missing person. Sitting and playing with one's heels in a dream means governing. Playing football in a dream means reconciliation or making peace with one's enemy. If a sick person sees himself playing a game in a dream, it means recovering from his illness and returning to a normal healthy life. Playing cricket ball in a dream means a fight followed by reconciliation and peace. (Also see Backgammon; Cock fighting; Gambling; Ball; Bullfight)
Leg Dream Explanation
— (Thigh; Limb) In a dream, one's legs represent longevity, old age, or his source of income. If one sees his legs turned into iron in a dream, it means that he will live a long life. If they turn into glass in the dream, it means that he will die shortly. If he sees his legs crossed in a dream, it means that he has neared the term of his live, or that he is going to face a major challenge in his life, or that he is a liar. If one sees the thighs of a woman he recognizes in the dream, it means that he will marry that woman or a friend of hers. Hairy legs in a dream mean debts, or that one may die in a prison. If one sees his leg twisted in a dream, it means that he will commit adultery. Legs in a dream also represent man's wealth or his livelihood. In that sense, if one's legs turn into iron in a dream, it represents a lasting prosperity. If his legs turn into wood in a dream, it means that he will grow weaker and unable to earn for himself. If one's legs become glass or pottery in a dream, it means that he may die shortly, and that his property and wealth will be distributed to his heirs. If one finds his leg shorter than usual in a dream, it means that he will lose some of his money. If one walks on one foot in a dream, it means that he will lose half of his wealth. If both legs are amputated in a dream, it means that he will lose everything he has. If one's leg seems fat in the dream, it denotes a good financial standing, or it could mean buying a good car, or receiving a pleasing gift. If a woman sees herself having hairy legs in a dream, it means humiliation or a trick that she will play
before her husband, or that her private life will become public knowledge, or that she will receive spiritual guidance after that she lived in heedlessness. A leg in a dream also denotes hardships. If one sees his legs banded or tide together in a dream, it means fear, poverty and adversities. Exposing one's legs in a dream means abandoning prayers, and it could mean humiliation. Legs in a dream also signify writing, admonition, advice, reading a book, wisdom, one's rank, pleasure, pitfalls, fault in advising, or wrong interpretation of religious matters. (Also see Foot; Thigh)
Mouse Dream Explanation
— The mouse symbolizes the dreamer’s household: those who dwell in his house—his wife and children, et cetera—a debauched woman, or, some say, a devilish Jewish woman or a Jew, as related by Al-Nabulsi. It could also refer to a thief. Many mice means profit and welfare. Mice of the same color allude to women. The rat is a digging thief.
• Dreaming of a mouse playing in one’s house: Prosperity will increase because, according to the ancient Arabs, mice invade only those places that are prosperous. And only people who are not hungry can afford to play
• Seeing mice in one’s house: Dangerous women will enter that house.
• A mouse leaving one’s house: Livelihood and blessings will decrease.
• Owning a mouse: Will have a servant because, like servants, mice share the food of the master.
• White and black mice coming and going: Long life, as the white indicate the days and the black the nights. To borrow the expressions of Ibn Siren, the black and white mice are the nights and days silently nibbling our life and body.
• Plenty of white and black mice in an inclined or jeopardized location or a well: Life will be shortened.
• Dreaming of a mouse during an afternoon nap: Will have a long life.
• Seeing a mouse in one’s clothes or bedding: Will have intercourse with an evil woman.
• A mouse gnawing on a person’s clothes: The time that passes and erodes everything.
• A mouse digging and searching: Beware of a searching thief.
• Killing a mouse: Will win over or subdue an evil or corrupt woman.
• Obtaining mouse skin: Will get some money, not much, from a debauched woman.
• Throwing arrows or stones at a mouse: Will backbite a licentious woman or exchange correspondence with her on an unholy matter.
• Catching a mouse: Will outsmart a woman and sleep with her. A man who saw himself penetrating a mouse and coming out with a date from its ass asked Ibn Siren about the meaning of such a dream. “Are you married to a corrupt woman?” asked Ibn Siren. “Yes,” said the man. “She will give birth to a devout son.”
• A mouse coming out of one’s rectum: A thankless woman will get out of the dreamer’s life.
• A mouse coming out of the dreamer’s nose or penis: Wife will give birth to a corrupt and ungrateful girl.
Lips Dream Explanation
— In a dream, lips represent man's pride, strength, virility, his helper, clarity of expression, eloquence, or special love for one's friend. The lower lip has more advantages than the upper lip in a dream. The upper lip represents a close friend, or someone one depends on in everything. Anything that affects one's lips in a dream, will manifest in any of the above. Lips in a dream also represent one's wife, child, or relatives. If one suffers pain from his lips in a dream, it means that such pain will come from one's friends. If one's lips are chopped off in the dream, it means that he engages in backbiting others. If only the lower lip is chopped off in the dream, it means that one may lose a helper or a provider. If the upper lip is missing in a dream, it means that one's life is void of blessings. If the lower lip is missing in the dream, then it represents a dying wife. If the upper lip is split in one's dream, it denotes double the effects concerning the person who is understood to be meant in the dream. If the lower lip is split or chapped in the dream, it means conducting a secret relationship with two women. If it is the upper lip, it means having two friends. If his chapped lips heal in the dream, then it means reconciliation between two friends, or winning their consent regarding one's opinion or decision. If one's upper lip is cut off in a dream, it means severing relationship with a close friend. Lips in a dream also denote relatives or kinship. Lips in a dream also mean recovering from an illness, or forcing a jealous friend to follow one's directives, or hearing good news that will heal one's heart. Lips in a dream also represent a door attendant, boys, guards, locks, knowledge, guidance, food, drinks, marriage, happiness, sadness, or keeping secrets. Having no lips in a dream means loosing any of the above, or one's dream could mean a broken door, or loosing one's keys, or perhaps it could mean the death of one's parents, husband or wife. Lips in a dream also represent the livelihood of singers or musicians who play
wind instruments for a living, or the livelihood of a glass blower. If one's lips look thin and rosy in a dream, they denote clarity of speech, guidance, good food, good drink and happiness. Thick lips with black or blue color in a dream represent laziness, languor, failure to present a verifiable proof or to bring a strong witness, or they could mean discomfort, or difficulty in earning one's livelihood. If a sick person sees his lips black or blue in a dream, it could mean his death. Closed lips in a dream represent one's eyelids, a vagina, the anus, the banks of a river or a well. (Also see Body)
Satan Dream Explanation
— Satan symbolizes Man’s enemy in Heaven and on earth, a cunning, deceitful, alert, and malicious enemy who cares for nothing and respects nothing and no one. He could also represent a prince, a state minister, a judge, a policeman, a scholar, a preacher, an atheist, a hypocrite, a covetous person, the dreamer’s family or children, people with very fine hearing, spies, builders, and divers.
• Seeing Satan: Joy and excessive sexual passion, as the word shaytan, Satan in Arabic, comes from shatat, meaning “excess.” This being the case, he could be identified, in Western terms, with Asmodeus.
• Satan manhandling the dreamer: The dreamer is a usurer.
• A healthy person dreaming that Satan has touched him: An enemy is slandering the dreamer’s wife while trying to entice her.
• A sick or sad person dreaming that he has been touched by Satan: Will recover and strike it rich in view of verses in the Holy Quran that read: “And make mention (O Muhammad) of Our bondman Ayyoub (Job), when he cried unto his Lord: Lo! the devil doth afflict me with distress and torment. (And it was said unto him) Strike the ground with thy foot. This (spring) is a cool bath and a refreshing drink. And We bestowed on him (again) his household and therewith the like thereof, a mercy from Us, and a memorial for men of understanding.” (“Sad,” verses 41–43.)
• Being followed by Satan: The dreamer’s enemy is after him, trying to lure him and bring him down in many ways, in view of the Quranic verse: “… So Satan followed him up, and he went astray.” (“Al-Aaraf’ [The Heights], verse 175.)
• Being scared by Satan: The dreamer is a true believer and will have no more fear in view of the verse: “It is only the Devil who would make [men] fear his partisans. Fear them not; fear Me, if ye are true believers.” (“The Imran Family,” verse 175.)
• Being touched by a party of devils as the dreamer is busy mentioning God: He has plenty of enemies who are after his blood in view of the Quranic verse: “Lo! those who ward off (evil), when a glamour from the Devil troubleth them, they do but remember (Allah’s guidance) and behold them seers!” (“Al-Aaraf’ [The Heights], verse 201.)
• Satan appearing happy, elated: The dreamer is giving way to his own passions.
• Receiving something from Satan: Illicit gains or decaying faith.
• A meteor or falling star pursuing a demon: Sound faith.
• Satan undressing the dreamer or snatching his clothes: The dreamer will lose his kingdom, dominion, or property, in view of the Quranic verse: “O children of Adam! Let not Satan seduce you as he caused your (first) parents to go forth from the Garden and tore off from them their robe (of innocence) that he might manifest their shame to them …” (“Al-Aaraf’ [The Heights], verse 27.)
• Dreaming of controlling the devils who come to you and follow you: The dreamer will become a great chief and crush and humiliate his enemies in view of the Quranic verse: “And of the evil ones [shayyatin, plural of shaytan] (subdued We unto him) some who dived (for pearls) for him and did other works… “47 (“Al-Anbiyae” [The Prophets], verse 82.)
• Chaining up or tying up Satan: Glory in view of the Quranic verses: “And the unruly, every builder and diver (made We subservient), and others linked together in chains… “48 (“Sad,” verses 37–38.)
• A devil diving or descending on the dreamer: He will lie and commit an abomination in view of the Quranic verse: “They descend on every sinful, false one.” [The Poets], verse 222.)
• Whispering to Satan: The dreamer will connive with his enemies and plot against the pious but fail, in view of the Quranic verse: “Lo! Conspiracy is only of the Devil, that he may vex those who believe; but he can harm them not at all unless by Allah’s leave. In Allah let believers put their trust.” (“Al-Mujadalah” [The Argumentation], verse 10.)
• Satan dictating or teaching the dreamer certain words: He will make false statements, annoy people, or recite incorrect poetry.
• A demon entering the dreamer’s body or swallowing him: A trip fraught with dangers.
• Becoming Satan: (1) The dreamer will play
havoc with people and strive to harm them. (2) The dreamer will die an atheist. (3) The dreamer will die in a blaze. (4) The dreamer will become a plumber.
• Trying to hit Satan with a sword and getting away with it or escaping: Justice and equity will prevail.
• Satan torturing the dreamer in one way or another: Relief from hardships and worries in view of verse 41 in the Quranic chapter titled “Sad,” mentioned above.
• Killing Satan: The dreamer will outsmart a wicked and deceitful person or a charlatan and a crook and earn a good reputation.
Water Dream Explanation
— (Life; Rain; River; Vapor) Water in a dream represents a happy life, money, prosperity, expansion of one's business, increase in one's income, or it could mean marriage. If one sees the water pure and abundant in his dream, it means lowering of prices, peace and social justice. If one sees himself chewing on water in a dream, it means toiling and hardships related to earning his livelihood. Drinking a glass of water in a dream means protection against any danger from one's enemy and it denotes a prosperous year for the one who drinks it in a dream. Drinking more water in a dream than what one usually drinks in wakefulness means longevity. If one glass of water does not quench one's thirst in the dream, it means discord between husband and wife. If one immerses his hand in water in a dream, it means that he will play
with money and confuse himself. Fresh potable water or a well in a dream also could be the immediate cause of a trial, fight or calamity. Giving someone a glass of water in a dream is glad tidings of a child. Drinking a glass of spring water in a dream means conceiving a child, or that he will receive benefits from his wife. In this sense, glass in a dream represent the substance of a woman and water represents a fetus. Drinking hot water in a dream means distress and adversities. If one is pushed into a pond or a river of clear water in a dream, it means receiving a pleasant surprise. Seeing oneself submerged in a body of water in a dream means facing a trial, distress, bewilderment and adversities. Carrying a jar of clear water in a dream means receiving an inheritance. Asking people for water to drink in a dream means lying to them by claiming to be needy. Stagnant water in a dream means imprisonment, distress, or depression. It is said that stagnant water in a dream has weaker meaning than running water. Bad smelling or putrid water in a dream represents a wretched life. Bitter water in a dream means a bitter life. Boiling water in a dream means suffering from heat. If boiling water is used during the daylight in a dream, it means suffering from chastisement, afflictions and punishment for one's sins. If used during the night time in a dream, then it means fear of evil spirits. Salty water in a dream means hardships and difficulties in earning one's livelihood. Murky waters in a dream represent unlawful earnings. Black colored water in a dream means destruction or family problems. Drinking black colored water in a dream also may mean blindness. Yellow water in a dream means an illness. Boiling water, blazing water, or oozing water in a dream means change of one's status, or being deprived of Allah's favors for lack of gratitude and for being a hindrance against those who do good. Drinking polluted seawater in a dream means turbulences, distress and sufferings that will be brought about by someone in authority. If seawater runs inside one's dwelling place or business, and if one drinks from it in a dream, it means an illness. If everyone drinks from it in the dream, then it means a plague. Murky water in a dream denotes a tyrant. If a sick person bathes in murky water then walks out of it in a dream, it means that he will recover from his illness. If he is facing adversities, it means that he will be able to overcome them. If he is incarcerated, it means that he will be released. Pure potable water in a dream means salvation. Saltwater in a dream means distress. If one sees murky water gushing froth from a water well in a dream, it means a bad marriage. Walking on water in a dream represents the strength of one's faith, certitude and trust in Allah Almighty. This is particularly true if while walking one also speaks words of wisdom and piety. Otherwise, walking on water in a dream could mean ascertaining something that is not too clear. Walking on water in a dream also means undertaking a dangerous trip and trusting in Allah Almighty for protection and guidance. Walking on water in a dream also means undertaking a dangerous venture. If one walks back from the water to dry land in a dream, it means that he will satisfy his needs or desire. Falling into a deep sea or a deep river but not reaching the bottom of it in the dream means wealth and prosperity, for the world in a dream represents a deep ocean. If one falls into a river and if he is overcome by water in a dream, it means that he will fall sick. If he drowns in a river in a dream, it means his death. Falling into water in a dream also could mean happiness, joy, or blessings. Observing the reflection of one's face in the waters looking beautiful in a dream shows kindness toward one's household and neighbors. Reaching a pond of clear water in a dream means speaking good words. Pouring water inside a bag in a dream means spending money to please a woman. Pouring water over a place where it is of no benefit in the dream means wasting one's money. Floods in a dream means distress, suffering and corruption, depending on their strength. If the water level of a dam or a river rises and inundates people's homes and businesses and becomes a threat to people's lives in a dream, it means discord and trials after which evil people will be eliminated from that place. If one sees water flowing over his own roof in a dream, it means a quick distress, or a permanent stress that will be brought by someone in authority. Sweet potable water in a dream represents lawful earnings, a good heart, knowledge, revival, recovering from a dangerous illness, a wife, a husband, or marriage. If one drinks a sweet and a refreshing glass of water from a permissible cup in a dream, it means that his marriage is proper. Otherwise, if the container from which one drinks in his dream is unlawful, it means that his marriage is illegal from a religious point of view. Water in a dream also denotes the drink of poor people, or what gallant people exchange and share among themselves. If a thirsty person quenches his thirst with water in a dream, it means comfort, appeasement of one's bewilderments, prosperity verses poverty, or reuniting one's family. Bathing in fresh spring water in a dream means payment of one's debts. If sweet and potable water becomes salty in a dream, it means apostasy, or straying from the path of Allah Almighty and meeting with insurmountable difficulties. Carrying water in a container in a dream means conceiving a child and increase in one's income. Abundance of water at a time when it is supposed to be low, or drought at a time when it is supposed to be raining in a dream means injustice, abuse, high prices, divided opinions, weaknesses, or payment of financial damages. Clear water in a dream also means recovering from trachoma. The explosion of a water tank or a pipe in a dream means distress, trouble and adversities. Green colored water in a dream means a long illness or a wretched life. Drinking black colored water in a dream means becoming blind. Sucking water in a dream means tight circumstances. If unexpectedly one is showered with hot water in a dream, it means a fever, an illness or a scare from evil spirits, the intensity of which is relevant to how hot is the water. If one's garment gets wet in a dream, it means changes in one's travel plans, or it could mean delaying a project, or failure of one's plans. If a poor person sees himself carrying a container of water in a dream, it means money. If a rich person sees that dream, it means marriage, or conceiving a child. Carrying water in a purse, socks, a cloth, or in any porous material in a dream means pride about one's wealth, status, attainments, fame and living conditions. Pouring water into a container in a dream means getting married. Bathing in cold water in a dream means repenting from sin, recovering from an illness, release from prison, payment of one's debts, or dispelling one's fears. Drawing water from a well in a dream means earning money through deception and fraud. Channelling irrigations to water a garden or a farm in a dream means earning money from a woman. If the trees of one's garden or farm do blossom in the dream, it means conceiving a child from such a woman. Watering a garden or a farm in a dream also means having sexual intercourse with one's wife. If pure water gushes forth from one's mouth in a dream, it means that he is a gnostic and people will benefit from his knowledge, wisdom and admonition. If one is a young merchant, it means that he is a truthful person. Sweet water in a dream also represents the element of faith in Allah Almighty, while saltwater represents the element of atheism. In a dream, water also means wealth. Seeping water from a crack in a wall means adversities and distress caused by a brother or an in-law. (Also see Distilled water; Earth; Ophthalmologist; River; Walking on water)
Muhammad, The Muslims Holy Prophet, Peace Be Upon Him Dream Explanation
— (Also see Companions.) According to the Hadith (Reliable Quotations of the Holy Prophet), Muhammad, Peace be upon him, said, “Seeing me in a dream is like seeing me in reality, because Satan neither incarnates, nor impersonates me. Whoever has dreamt of me has actually seen me. And he who has dreamt of me will not go to Hell.”40 The best of all dreams is to see the Holy Prophet in good shape, because most if not all interpreters agree that the Prophet is, for the dreamer, like a shining mirror. Therefore, his image reflects the state of the dreamer himself. And he is sometimes identified with the imam (spiritual leader) of the place where the dreamer lives. It is also contended that when a person dreams of the Holy Prophet alone, the dream applies to all Muslims. The wives of the Holy Prophet allude to mothers, welfare, blessings, children, mostly girls, trouble, jealousy, and slander. When a woman dreams of Aisha, she will be highly appreciated and respected and have a good reputation. She will also be favoured by her parents and her husband. If she sees Hafsa, it is a sign of wickedness. Seeing Khadija means that she will be happy and have virtuous progeny. The sight of Fatema, daughter of the Holy Prophet, means that the dreamer will lose her husband, father, and mother.
• In general, seeing the Holy Prophet looking good: (1) Good tidings and joy. (2) God will help the dreamer settle his debts. (3) The dreamer will recover from a disease. (4) The dreamer will win a battle and achieve victory. (5) The dreamer will perform the pilgrimage. (6) The truth will appear with related evidence. (7) Truthful statements. (8) Promises will be fulfilled. (9) High prestige among one’s family and unprecedented gifts. (10) Or, on the contrary, hostility, evil eye, and spite on the part of one’s family, whom the dreamer will be forced to part from. He might also emigrate. (11) The dreamer might lose both parents. (12) The dreamer will eventually have supernatural powers. (13) The dreamer will treat the eyes with admirable skill (14) The end of drought, thirst, and hunger and the start of prosperity and abundance.
• The Holy Prophet seen at his best: The leadership and authority of the imam will be enhanced.
• The Prophet seen in his best shape in a barren land: The dreamer will become fertile.
• The Prophet seen in good shape in a place where injustice reigns supreme: Justice will prevail.
• The Prophet seen in good shape in a place studded with dangers: The people of that place will be secure.
• The Holy Prophet looking white-skinned: Repentance, good deeds, and righteousness.
• The Holy Prophet looking dark-skinned: The dreamer will abandon apostasy and repent.
• Seeing the Holy Prophet with an all-black beard, without a single white hair: Joy and fertility in everything.
• The Prophet’s neck looking thicker and stronger than usual: The imam is worthy of the trust of Muslims.
• The Holy Prophet having an admirably big chest: The imam will be extremely generous and, when asked, will provide plenty of soldiers for the army.
• Seeing the Holy Prophet with an empty stomach: The treasury is empty.
• The Prophet looking slender and light-hearted: (1) Relief from worries. (2) Release from prison. (3) The end of a siege. (4) An end to injustice. (5) The end of fears.
• The Prophet’s legs longer than usual: the imam’s life will stretch.
• The Holy Prophet’s thighs looking bigger, more beautiful, and hairier than usual: The dreamer’s folk will become more numerous and get stronger and richer.
• The Prophet appearing pale and weak or with ragged or worn-out clothes: Religious values are deteriorating in that place, and heresy is having its way.
• Seeing a sick Muhammad recovering: The people of that place will commit no more sins and return to the right path.
• The fingers of the Prophet’s right hand sticking to each other: (1) The imam is not distributing any goods or alms. (2) The dreamer will not perform the pilgrimage, will not engage in the Muslims Jihad (holy struggle), and is not spending on his children and in-laws.
• The Holy Prophet gripping the dreamer’s left hand: (1) The imam is withholding what God has bestowed on his followers or soldiers as well as the moneys allocated for the Jihad and the alms destined for the poor. (2) The dreamer is not paying the zakat, or religious dues, and is turning away from those who request his assistance.
• The fingers of the Holy Prophet tightly pressing on the palm of the dreamer’s hand: Complications and worries both for the imam and the dreamer.
• The Prophet’s hand wide open and the fingers widespread: The imam will distribute the goods, and the dreamer will go to Mecca (Makkah) and play
his part in the Jihad.
• A cordial Muhammad giving the dreamer something nice to eat or wear, promising him something, or praying for him: (1) The dreamer will become a just ruler, if eligible, promoting virtue and combating vice. (2) If a scholar or an erudite, the dreamer will optimize the use of his science and acquire extraordinary spiritual powers (karamat). (3) If disobeying God, the dreamer will repent and return to the right path. (4) If an atheist, the dreamer will come back to his senses and study religion even if he is illiterate, like the Holy Prophet was, as stated in the Quran. (5) If scared, the dreamer will be secure from the more powerful as someone will intercede in his favour. (6) If a heretic, indulging in innovations, the dreamer had better fear God.
• Seeing oneself in the image of the Holy Prophet, wearing his dress, or receiving his ring or sword: (1) If eligible to become a king or ruler, will become one. (2) Status will radically improve and all wishes will come true.
• The Prophet sitting in a place: The location will become a trend-setting one.
• The Prophet leading the prayers in a place: Muslims will unite.
• The Holy Prophet frowning or looking sad: The dreamer is in bad condition.
• Drinking the Prophet’s blood, in hiding, out of love for him: Will die as a martyr.
• Drinking the Prophet’s blood overtly as a manifestation of love and affection: The dreamer is a hypocrite who speaks ill of his own family or community and will help bring about their doom.
• Seeing one’s blood mixed with that of Muhammad: A marital relationship with someone from the lineage of the Holy Prophet or a ulema (religious scholar).
• Seeing the Holy Prophet riding on a horse or camel, et cetera: Will visit the Prophet’s Mausoleum in this manner.
• The Prophet proceeding by foot: Will head for the Prophet’s Mausoleum by foot.
• The Holy Prophet standing: The dreamer and the spiritual leader of his time will change for the better.
• The Prophet launching the athan, loud but melodious appeal for prayers in a devastated area: Reconstruction.
• The Holy Prophet eating with the dreamer: The latter is called upon to pay his religious dues.
• Dreaming that you are the child of the Prophet but not from his lineage: You are a genuine believer.
• Dreaming that you are the Prophet’s father: Religious faith will weaken.
• Having obtained part of the body of the Holy Prophet: The dreamer is abiding by parts of the Islamic institution and leaving the rest, thereby behaving like a heretic.
• The Holy Prophet smiling: The dreamer is abiding by Muhammad’s Tradition.
• A woman dreaming of the Holy Prophet: (1) Will reach a high degree of virtue, loyalty, and fame. (2) Will have rivals, other wives sharing her husband. (3) Will give birth to pious children. (4) Will spend her money in a way as to please the Almighty. (5) Will endure harm with stoicism.
• A pregnant woman seeing the Prophet: A male child is in her womb.
• Dreaming that one of the Prophet’s wives is your mother: Faith will become stronger.
• The Prophet seen with his companions: Victory for the believers and havoc and destruction for the atheists.
• Seeing the Holy Prophet fraternizing with his companions: Learning, erudition, and jurisprudence.
• An orphan or a stranger seeing the Holy Prophet: Elevation in life.
• Seeing the Holy Prophet in his youth: The dreamer is a warmonger.
• The Holy Prophet looking young and tall: Intrigue will be followed by a massacre.
• Seeing the Holy Prophet in his forties: The dreamer is powerful and will crush his enemies.
• Seeing the Holy Prophet in his relatively old age: The dreamer is looking for peace.
• Seeing the Holy Prophet as an old man: The people are healthy.
• The Holy Prophet standing amid soldiers armed to the teeth and laughing with vanity: The Muslims army will be defeated that year.
• The Holy Prophet standing amid soldiers bearing a minimum number of weapons and looking contemptible: The Muslims will triumph over their enemies in view of the verse of the Holy Quran that says: “God had helped you at Badr, when ye were a contemptible little force …” (“Al-Imran” [The Imran Family], verse 123.)
• The Holy Prophet combing his hair and beard: The dreamer’s worries will disappear.
• Seeing the Holy Prophet in his mosque or Haram or his usual place: Power and prestige.
• Walking behind the Holy Prophet: You are following in his footsteps and Sunnah (Tradition).
• The Holy Prophet looking into the dreamer’s behaviour: The Prophet is enjoining upon the dreamer to be fair to his wife and give her dues.
• The Holy Prophet shaking hands with the dreamer: The latter is observing the Prophet’s Tradition.
• Eating with the Holy Prophet: The Holy Prophet is directing the dreamer to pay his share of zakat, or religious dues.
• The Holy Prophet eating alone: The Prophet wants the dreamer to pay his zakat (religious dues) and sadaqa (alms to the poor), which he is not doing.
• The Holy Prophet without his sandals: The dreamer is not engaging in jamaa (collective prayer), and the Prophet wants him to change his bad habits.
• The Holy Prophet wearing his half-boots or his slippers: The Prophet is ordering the dreamer to engage in Jihad.
• The Prophet giving some lovable earthly matter, food, or drink to the dreamer: The dreamer will receive benefits as much as he was given. If the substance of what was given by Muhammad was negligible, like the contents of a watermelon, some harm will befall the dreamer and he will face hardships, but he will be saved from something terrible.
• The Holy Prophet giving the dreamer some starchy food, legumes, or pulses: The dreamer will escape trouble.
• The Prophet giving something sweet to the dreamer, like dates or honey: The dreamer will memorize the Holy Quran and become knowledgeable inasmuch as the Prophet had given him.
• The Holy Prophet giving anything to the dreamer: The dreamer will acquire knowledge and observe right and justice, but if the dreamer returns that thing to Muhammad, it means that the dreamer would turn heretic.
• The Holy Prophet addressing people: The dreamer will promote virtue and combat vice.
• The Prophet blaming the dreamer, arguing with him, or shouting at him: The dreamer has introduced some innovation in religion (heresy).
• Kissing the Holy Prophet: The dreamer should check the stories being told about him.
• Reading from a Quran book to the Holy Prophet: The dreamer will memorize the Quran.
• A bachelor dreaming of any of the Prophet’s wives, except Hafsa: He will marry a virtuous woman.
• The Holy Prophet dying in a place: The Prophet’s Tradition will die in that place.
• Dreaming that the Prophet has died: One of the dreamer’s children will die.
• Seeing the Prophet’s funeral: Some terrible tragedy will occur at that spot.
• Marching in the Prophet’s funeral procession to the grave: The dreamer has a penchant for heresy.
• Visiting the Prophet’s Mausoleum: Fabulous financial gains.
• Seeing the Prophet’s Boraq or winged horse (Pegasus, hippogriff): (1) Very high promotion. (2) Will have a round-trip full of health and wealth. (3) Martyrdom.
Water Dream Explanation
— Water symbolizes: (1) Islam and good knowledge. (2) Life, fertility, and prosperity, because it helps everything come to life. To quote Allah: “… and We made every living thing of water …” (“Al-Anbiyae” [The Prophets], verse 30), and “If they [the idolaters] tread the right path, we shall give them to drink of water in abundance, that We may test them thereby …” (“Al-Jinn” [The Jinn], verses 16–17.) (3) Marriage, in view of a verse in the Holy Quran that says: “And He it is Who hath created man from water, and hath appointed for him kindred by blood and kindred by marriage; for thy Lord is very Powerful.” (“Al-Furqan” [The Criterion], verse 54.) (4) Semen, because God Almighty has called sperm water and Arabs call notfa, or semen, abundant water. (5) Money, because it generates profit. (6) Purity. (7) Birth of one or more children. (8) Price decreases. (9) Justice. (10) War spoils or gains and acquisitions of any kind. (11) Worries, pain, and sorrow. (12) Death and destruction. In any case, running water is better than stagnant water.
• Stagnant water: (1) Prison, especially if the dreamer falls in it. (2) An unhappy life, full of miseries.
• Limpid water: Cheap prices and better justice.
• Underground water: Isolation, humiliation, and misery in view of the verse in the Holy Quran that reads as follows: “Say: Have ye thought: if [all] your water were to disappear into the earth, who then could bring you gushing water?” (“Al-Mulk” [Majesty], verse 30).
• Salty water: Trouble and worries.
• Stinking water: Illicit gains.
• Yellow water: Illness.
• Seeing black water: Bankruptcy, havoc, and destruction.
• Black water coming out of a well: Will marry an unworthy woman.
• Drinking black water: Will lose one’s eyesight.
• Drinking water: Will be safe from enemies.
• Drinking plenty of water: Will indulge in one’s habits and live long.
• A healthy bachelor drinking limpid water from a well or a water skin, but not to the last drop: Will marry and enjoy sex as much as he enjoyed drinking the water in the dream.
• A patient drinking pristine water from a well or a water skin and leaving some: Will recover and live long.
• A married person drinking pure water: Will have delicious sex with spouse that night.
• Drinking clean and limpid water from a glass: Benefits from one’s children or wife (because glass is part of the essence of women,56 and water symbolizes the fetus).
• Being given water to drink in a glass or a goblet: Will have a child.
• Water in a glass: A child. If the glass is broken and the water remains, the mother will die and the child survive. The reverse is also true.
• An atheist drinking clear and clean water: Will embrace Islam.
• A person seeking learning drinking pristine water: Will acquire knowledge.
• A merchant drinking clear potable water: Will achieve lawful gains, unless something soils that water or if he drinks that water in the house of aliens in a Muslim country. In that case, it means rotten knowledge, a low sexual relationship, or suspicious earnings.
• Trouble water: A cruel tyrant.
• Drinking troubled sea water: Trouble will come from the king (the authority).
• Troubled sea water infiltrating a person’s shop or that person drinking from it: Will get ill.
• All people drinking of that troubled sea water: An epidemic will strike.
• Washing with or bathing in troubled sea water or any dirty water, then getting out of it: (1) If facing hardships, will see an end to it. (2) If sick, will recover. (3) If a prisoner, will regain one’s freedom, provided water has become clean again.
• Drinking plenty of sea water: Will receive money from the king.
• Drinking plenty of water from a river: Will receive money from a man whose condition tallies with the importance of that river.
• Drinking water from a well: Will obtain money cunningly or through a trick.
• Drinking troubled, bitter, or stinking water: Will become ill, profit will be lost, life will get hard, or faith will change, depending on the place where the drinking took place and the condition of the container.
• Drinking hot water: Pain and sorrow.
• A man drinking some delicious cold water from a hole in his robe: He is flirting with a woman other than his legitimate wife.
• Using very hot water by day or by night: Will receive a blow from the authority.
• Using very hot water at night: Will be frightened by a jinn.
• Hot water being poured on the dreamer from nowhere and wetting his clothes: Will go to jail, fall ill, or experience real trouble inasmuch as the water was hot.
• One’s clothes simply getting wet: A trip or something the subject intended to undertake will not take place.
• Sucking water: Things will go wrong.
• Masticating water: Will deal successfully with frustration, depression, and hard living conditions.
• Spreading and moving one’s hand freely in the water: Will play
freely with money and dispose of it and of one’s own destiny at will.
• Being thrown in a clear water: A pleasant surprise.
• The quantity of water in a container represents the person’s life span. Whatever he has drunk from it is his past; the remainder is the time left for him. If he drinks the contents to the last drop, he has no more years left in his life. Carrying water in a container: (1) If a poor person: Will make financial gains. (2) If a bachelor: Will get married. (3) If married: Wife or concubine (slave or servant) will have a baby. (1), (2), and (3) are subject to the condition that it is the dreamer himself, his wife, or his servant who pumped the water from the well, large water jar, or water skin and poured it in the container.
• Water flowing and inundating or simply entering people’s houses: Bad dream for the whole area, meaning violence, heavy losses and fines, women and children getting captured by the enemy and considered war booty, and epidemic diseases or plagues (bubonic or others).
• Water, ooze, or spouts entering a specific house or a spring erupting in that house: Tears for a sick person who will pass away in that house, a dear one whom the inhabitants of the house will bid farewell to, a scuffle or a fistfight among the neighbours, or a tragedy caused by a disease or measures taken by the authority.
• Water in a sterile land or stagnant water: People will gather in that place.
• Water flowing in an arable land: Fertility.
• Water springing from the earth or floods inundating a place: A hard test from the Almighty in the form either of a devastating plague, a hellish sword, in case houses were destroyed and their dwellers drowned in the dream; or annihilation or sufferings brought about by the ruler.
• For pious people a spring means welfare and blessings in view of a verse in the Holy Quran that reads: “Wherein are two fountains flowing.” (“Al-Rahman” [The Beneficent], verse 50.)57
• Evil people seeing a spring or a fountain: A tragedy will befall them.
• Water erupting from a wall and logging in the house: Sorrow on the part of a man who could be the dreamer’s brother, son-in-law, brother-in-law, or friend.
• Water springing up and flowing out of the house: The end of all worries. If it stays in the house, that means everlasting sorrow or someone will fall ill in that house. If the water flows in the house, it means exactly the reverse, i.e., joy for the landlord, be he alive or dead, till the end of time.
• Some dreamers interpreters believe that running water in one’s house, emanating from a spring, means that the landlord or the tenant will buy a slave (in Arabic jariyah, a running one).58
• Seeing water springing out from various sources: Will earn money, but be blamed for the way that money was made.
• Water foam or froth: Nothing good.
• Seeing one’s image reflected in clear water like in a mirror: Excellent dream, plenty of benefits. If the face looks handsome, the dreamer will be good to his family.
• Pouring water: Will spend money.
• Water not in its proper container, like in a wrapper or bundle or in some cloth: Leak, because the dreamer thinks that he holds in, but in fact he does not.
• Ablutions with clear or troubled, hot or cold water is acceptable, provided the water is clean.
• Washing with cold water: (1) Repentance. (2) Recovery (from the love of a woman). (3) Release from prison. (4) The settlement of debts. (5) The end of terror.
• Springs are a good augury, except if their water stagnates.
• Walking on the water surface, then coming out safely: (1) Strong faith in God, if the dreams talks wisdom while walking. (2) Otherwise, he is certain of something doubtful and will be, in fact, confused ultimately. (3) The dreamer is undertaking dangerous trips and running risks, but if he comes back from his walk safely, things will go the way he wants.
• Diving in deep waters but failing to reach the bottom: (1) Will have the lion’s share in this life or the best of this world. (2) Will deal with a great personality.
• Irrigating a garden or flowers: Will have sex with a lady.
• Taking water to irrigate a garden or a plow field: Will obtain money from a woman. If the flowers blossom or the plants grow, the said woman will give money and children to the dreamer.
• A woman giving people water to drink: She is spreading lies.
• Giving water to someone without charging a price: The dreamer is a benefactor and might help build a village.
• A physically strong person in the water: The king or dreamer’s chief has entrusted him with some difficult matter, which keeps him busy, and whatever he says will be heard by the higher-ups, especially concerning the matter in question.
• Entering the water with one’s clothes on without getting wet: Dreamer’s religious faith is unshakable and determination unswerving in relying on God in all matters here and in the Hereafter. He will always follow the right path.
• Drinking water from a cup without its quenching one’s thirst: Wife will disobey dreamer.
• Water flowing under a viaduct: Welfare for a man who benefits other people.
• Taking water from a viaduct: Will obtain money from such a philanthropist.
• Diverting sea water or turning away from it: Getting money through an irreligious person.
• Having a hidden jar of pure water: Inheritance.
• The king’s water having turned salty or infiltrated the earth: God has withdrawn His blessings and gifted wealth from that king for having failed to show his gratitude.
• Pouring water in a jar, a vat, or any large vessel: Will have sex with a woman.
• Waves: Pain and torture in view of what is mentioned in the Holy Quran “And if a wave enshroudeth them like awnings, they cry unto Allah, making their faith pure for Him only. But when He bringeth them safe to land, some of them compromise. None denieth Our signs save every traitor ingrate.” (“Luqman,” verse 32.) “He said: I shall betake me to some mountain that will save me from the water. [Noah] said: This day there is none that saveth from the commandment of Allah save him on whom He hath had mercy. And the wave came in between them, so he was among the drowned. (“Hud,” verse 43.)
| || |