| |Ripe Dream Explanation
— (See Fresh)
Walking on Sand or Picking Up Sand Dream Explanation
— If a person sees himself walking on sand or picking
up sand, it means he will have to toil very hard in order to become wealthy.
Palm Dream Explanation
— (Hand) In a dream, the palm
of one's hand represents one's fitness in wakefulness. Clapping one's hands in a dream could either mean joy and happiness, or it could mean nothing in wakefulness. Carrying a glove in one's hand in a dream means ceasing the course of wrongdoing. Slapping one's own face with both hands means sorrow, sadness, or calamities. Hitting the top of one's hand into the palm
of the other hand means separation. In a dream, the palm
of one's hand also represents one's strength. To stretch open one's palm
in a dream signifies wealth and prosperity. Holding a tight fist in a dream implies poverty, or tight living conditions. If one sees hair growing in the palm
of his hand in a dream, it means depression, distress and debts. Growing hair on top of one's hand in a dream indicates one's strength or virility. Seeing one's hand hanging down from the skies in a dream denotes one's connections with the ruler or people in authority. A stretched hand from the skies in a dream also could mean profits and blessings for a hunter, a builder and a real estate professional. In a dream, the palm
of one's hand also represents his world. It also may mean ceasing a certain course of action. If one finds himself afraid, then sees the palm
of a hand holding out before him in a dream, it means that his fears will be dispelled. A large and a stretched palm
in a dream means prosperity and generosity. A close fist in a dream means stinginess. A nice looking palm
of one's hand also signifies abstaining from evil, or failing to pay charity. The palm
of one's hand in a dream also represents one's prayers and supplications, comfort, seeking the comfort of others, or receiving benefits from others. The palm
of one's hand in a dream also represents a year, ways of life, money, leadership, a son, courage and desisting from evildoing. (See Desisting from evildoing)
Palm leaves Dream Explanation
— (Palm branch; Spadix) In a dream, palm
leaves represent an ointment, purification, cleanliness, a nurse, a bridegroom, or a physician who performs circumcision. (Also see Palm
Palm tree Dream Explanation
— (Date palm) A palm
tree in a dream represents a sire, a scholar, a noble man or a wise man who imparts his knowledge and wisdom to others. Cutting a palm
tree in a dream means the death of such a man. Seeing a plantation of palm
trees, or an oasis or palm
trees in a dream mean leading people and guiding them on the straight path. If a merchant or a trader sees a palm
tree in his dream, it means business success. If a shopkeeper sees a palm
tree in his dream, it also means profits. A dead and dried out palm
tree in a dream represents a hypocrite. To uproot a palm
tree in a dream means that a plague will befall that place, or it could mean suffering from the persecution of an unjust ruler. Uprooting a palm
tree in a dream also means a dead end to one's plans, or it could mean a dispute. A palm
tree in a dream also represents one's paternal aunt. Palm
trees in a dream also represent Arab women. If one sees a seedling become a big palm
tree in a dream, it means that a child in that community will grow to be a great scholar. It also connotes that a weak person will grow strong. Seeing a palm
tree in a dream also means longevity, a scholar, a teacher, children, a wife, a house, a property, a king, a year, new clothing, money, or bearing a child. To prune or trim a palm
tree in a dream means that one's adversity at his work or related to his travels will be dispelled. (Also see Palmyra; Tree)
Palm branch Dream Explanation
— (Spadix) A palm
branch in a dream represents peace, love, unity, ascetic detachment from worldly attractions, knowledge and piety. (Also see Palm
Palm Tree Dream Explanation
— The date palm
symbolizes the knowledgeable man and his children, tribe, or folk. It specifically refers to a noble, honest, and esteemed Arab who likes to benefit people, perhaps a scholar. It also means long life. However, the trunk of a palm
is a bad augury. It symbolizes torture in view of a Quranic verse: “ (Pharaoh) said: Ye put faith in him before I give you leave. Lo! he is your chief who taught you magic. Now surely I shall cut off your hands and your feet alternately, and I shall crucify you on the trunks of palm
tree, and ye shall know for certain which of us hath sterner and more lasting punishment.” (“Ta-Ha,” verse 71.) One palm
tree is a reliable and powerful friend. It could also refer to an honest woman famous for her charity. The palm
branches or leaves symbolize more children and progeny. They could also allude to women’s hair. Its clusters mean money in view of the Quranic verses: “And lofty date-palms with ranged clusters, provision (made) for men; and therewith We quicken a dead land. Even so will be the resurrection of the dead.” (“Qa,” verses 10–11.) The dry palm
tree symbolizes a hypocrite.
• Cutting a palm
tree: The death of a great and knowledgeable man and/or his children.
• Owning many date-palms: (1) For a ruler, an additional province or more power. (2) Good business for the merchant. (3) Gains for the market dealer.
• Strong winds uprooting palms: An epidemic will erupt in the area, or God or the ruler will punish the people and make them suffer.
• Becoming a palm: The dispute or bad journey in which the dreamer is involved will worsen.
Date palm Dream Explanation
— (See Palm
Palm core Dream Explanation
— (Edible tuber) In a dream, a palm
core represents an inheritance, lawful capital, youth, energy, a newborn, separation, or a miscarried fetus.
Seeing Hair on the Palm Dream Explanation
— The growing of hair on the palm
or any such place where hair does not grow suggests that he will incur debts which will shatter his peace, causing him extreme anxiety.
Palm fiber Dream Explanation
— (Rubbing cloth) Palm
fiber in a dream represents new clothing, or an accumulated wealth that is bearing heavy on its owner because of the methods he uses to gather it, or because of failing to pay its due alms tax, or required charities.
Spadix Dream Explanation
— (See Palm
Orphan Dream Explanation
— (Foundling; Waif) Picking-up an abandoned infant in a dream means picking-up one's enemy, in conjunction to the story of Moses and Pharaoh. Picking
up an abandoned child in a dream also could mean returning things to the way they should be, or dispelling distress and sorrow. If one sees himself planting an apple tree in a dream, it means adopting an orphan, or caring for one. To find oneself as an orphan in a dream means depression which is caused by injustice. To be an orphan in a dream also means feeling depressed because of one's love for a woman, loss of property or money.
Dates Dream Explanation
— Dates symbolize the reading of the Holy Quran, good religious faith, rain, general and honest welfare, and savings.
• Eating high-quality dates: Will hear something good and useful.
• Buying dates: Will save money or receive money from some safe or treasury.
• Opening a date and removing its pit: Will have a child, in view of a verse in the Holy Quran: “Lo! Allah (it is) Who splitteth the grain of corn and the date-stone (for sprouting). He bringeth forth the living from the dead, and is The bringer-forth of the dead from the living. Such is Allah. How then are ye perverted?” (“Al-Anam” [Cattle], verse 95.)
• Eating dates with tar: Will divorce secretly.
• Seeing a measure of dates: A booty.
• Seeing scattered dates: The dreamer is planning a trip.
a date from a palm
tree during the right season: (1) Will marry a noble, rich, and blessed woman. (2) Will obtain money from generous and noble people without effort. (3) The dreamer’s farm will yield him good money. (4) Will acquire useful knowledge and benefit from it. If the date was picked in the wrong season, he would acquire such knowledge but not use it.
nice dates from a dry palm
tree: (1) Will learn something useful from an unholy man. (2) If in trouble, relief will come.
• Dates being picked for the dreamer: Money will come to the dreamer through dangerous people he will govern. A man said, “I dreamed that I found forty dates.” “You will receive forty lashes,” said the famous dream interpreter Ibn Siren. Sometime later, the same man came to Ibn Siren and told him he found forty dates at the gate of the sultan, to which Ibn Siren said that the man would receive one thousand dirham's. When asked about the contradiction, Ibn Siren said that the first dream was made when the season was over and trees were dry; as for the second, it took place when waters were irrigating the trees. And he was right, on both occasions.
Flower Dream Explanation
— The flower or rose symbolizes a child or honest money. Since the word in Arabic is ward, it could also mean the return (worood) of an absent one or the arrival of a letter. Certain interpreters believe that the rose represents a woman who quits, a child who dies, a trade that does not last, or a passing joy, in view of the flower’s ephemeral nature. Others think that all aromatic plants—numerous or few—allude to worries and sorrow. To them, flowers mean crying, except for those flowers that the dreamer sees in their normal place but does not touch, in which case they would refer to a new birth, et cetera. In the event of their being picked and their trees dying, it means that there will be crying and weeping. The same applies to myrtles, spices, and legumes. In Arabic, the borderline between roses and other flowers is quite hazy. Flowers also refer to praise or good repute.
• Seeing a crown of flowers, particularly roses, on one’s head: Will marry a woman but soon be separated.
• A young man giving flowers or roses to the dreamer: An enemy will take an oath or pledge something, then fail to keep his promise.
• Flowers spread all around the place: Brittle and nonlasting happiness in this world.
• Cutting a rose tree or rosebush: Trouble and worries.
white flowers from one’s garden: Will kiss a virtuous woman with mutual passion.
• Dreaming of red flowers: The dreamer’s woman is of the gay type who likes artists, singing, dancing, et cetera, as opposed to a pious woman.
• Dreaming of yellow flowers: The dreamer’s wife has frail health.
flower buds: The dreamer’s wife will have a miscarriage, and the fetus will be a male child.
a well-known flower with big leaves: The dreamer is sweet on a beautiful woman whom everybody is running after and calumniating at the same time.
Pine Dream Explanation
— (Seeds; Terebinth; Tree) Pine trees and their fruit in a dream mean loneliness and bewilderment during travels. Climbing a pine tree in a dream means triumph, success and hearing good news. Pine nuts in a dream represent the pine tree itself. A pine nut
in a dream also represents a renowned person who has a noble character, a allahly person who is respected, holy but poor, or it could represent someone who has little to offer, or a person who shelters thieves out of compassion. The same interpretation applies to owls and crows. Building a door for one's house from pine wood in a dream means hiring a servant or a doorman who has little politeness and who is filled with foolish ideas. If a merchant or a businessman builds such a door in a dream, it means that he will unknowingly employ a thief.
Violet Dream Explanation
— The violet is a pious maiden or slave girl. Picking
it means that the dreamer will kiss such a girl.
Pomegranate Dream Explanation
— The pomegranate tree is a man who has the best of two worlds. Its thorns prevent him from committing sins. It could also represent a woman, and eating it is a good thing, according to Ibn Siren. Cutting it down means that the dreamer will fail to support his family and in-laws. Sweet pomegranate or one of an unspecified taste symbolizes a fortune that the dreamer has gathered. Sour pomegranate is troubles and worries. Other interpretations include a heavily populated country or province; a sumptuous farm and profits for the merchant.
a pomegranate with red seeds: The dreamer will obtain one thousand gold coins (big money).
a pomegranate with white seeds: The dreamer will obtain one thousand silver coins (small money).
• Selling a pomegranate: The dreamer has given up the Hereafter in favour of worldly temptations and transient delights.
• Eating pomegranate peel: The dreamer will recover from a disease.
• Pressing pomegranates and drinking their juice: An allusion to what the dreamer spends on himself.
Apple Dream Explanation
— The apple symbolizes the dreamer’s status, profession, or interest. For a king, it refers to his realm; for a merchant, it represents his trade; for a farmer it is the way he plows and tills the land; et cetera. The apple tree is a devout person, close to people’s hearts. A limited number of apples means money or years of power. The apple tree branch symbolizes benefits, welfare, and the fulfilment of aspirations.
• Planting an apple tree: Will raise an orphan.
, gathering, owning, or eating apples: Success in the dreamer’s field. Sweet apples mean honest gains. Sour ones represent sinful earnings.
• Eating an apple: Eating up money in a way as to become the talk of the town.
an apple: Will obtain money and praise from an honest man.
• Smelling an apple in a mosque: Will get married.
• A woman smelling an apple in a party or at an orgy: Will become the center of a scandal.
• A woman eating an apple in a place she knows: Will give birth to a good boy.
Palmyra tree Dream Explanation
— A palmyra tree in a dream represents a wise man, a poet, or an astronomer. (Also see Palm
| || |