| |Walking on Sand or Picking Up Sand Dream Explanation
— If a person sees himself walking on sand or picking
up sand, it means he will have to toil very hard in order to become wealthy.
Pear Dream Explanation
or plums in the right season mean benefits or the return of an absent one. Out-of-season pears
or plums, if yellow, mean a disease. In general, most dream interpreters hate pears
, which they regard as a reference to disease. Some of them think that pears
mean a fortune, in view of the Arab etymology of the word kum-athra, whose latter part means “becoming rich.” They also believe that yellow pears
mean money accompanied by a disease. The pear tree symbolizes a foreigner who flatters his family or folk to obtain money.
• A sick person dreaming of eating pears: Will recover.
• A woman dreaming of having a basketful of pears: Will conceive and give birth to a boy.
• Finding pears: Will inherit hoarded money.
Pear Dream Explanation
— (Fruit) A pear in a dream means money, blessings, or a sickness. Eating it in season in a dream means benefits, income, or it could denote the arrival of a long awaited person. Eating pears
out of season in a dream means a sickness or swelling, though if a sick person eats a pear in a dream, it means a cure for his illness, or it could mean earning unlawful money. Receiving a basket, or a plate of pears
in a dream means receiving an inheritance. As for a pregnant woman, pears
in a dream represent a son, and for an unmarried woman, they means marriage. Pears
in a dream also signify the death of an ailing person and his burial.
Orphan Dream Explanation
— (Foundling; Waif) Picking-up an abandoned infant in a dream means picking-up one's enemy, in conjunction to the story of Moses and Pharaoh. Picking
up an abandoned child in a dream also could mean returning things to the way they should be, or dispelling distress and sorrow. If one sees himself planting an apple tree in a dream, it means adopting an orphan, or caring for one. To find oneself as an orphan in a dream means depression which is caused by injustice. To be an orphan in a dream also means feeling depressed because of one's love for a woman, loss of property or money.
Yellow Fruit Dream Explanation
— Seeing yellow fruit such as apples, apricots, pears
, saffron etc. in one's dream implies that the observer of this dream will fall ill.
Flower Dream Explanation
— The flower or rose symbolizes a child or honest money. Since the word in Arabic is ward, it could also mean the return (worood) of an absent one or the arrival of a letter. Certain interpreters believe that the rose represents a woman who quits, a child who dies, a trade that does not last, or a passing joy, in view of the flower’s ephemeral nature. Others think that all aromatic plants—numerous or few—allude to worries and sorrow. To them, flowers mean crying, except for those flowers that the dreamer sees in their normal place but does not touch, in which case they would refer to a new birth, et cetera. In the event of their being picked and their trees dying, it means that there will be crying and weeping. The same applies to myrtles, spices, and legumes. In Arabic, the borderline between roses and other flowers is quite hazy. Flowers also refer to praise or good repute.
• Seeing a crown of flowers, particularly roses, on one’s head: Will marry a woman but soon be separated.
• A young man giving flowers or roses to the dreamer: An enemy will take an oath or pledge something, then fail to keep his promise.
• Flowers spread all around the place: Brittle and nonlasting happiness in this world.
• Cutting a rose tree or rosebush: Trouble and worries.
white flowers from one’s garden: Will kiss a virtuous woman with mutual passion.
• Dreaming of red flowers: The dreamer’s woman is of the gay type who likes artists, singing, dancing, et cetera, as opposed to a pious woman.
• Dreaming of yellow flowers: The dreamer’s wife has frail health.
flower buds: The dreamer’s wife will have a miscarriage, and the fetus will be a male child.
a well-known flower with big leaves: The dreamer is sweet on a beautiful woman whom everybody is running after and calumniating at the same time.
Violet Dream Explanation
— The violet is a pious maiden or slave girl. Picking
it means that the dreamer will kiss such a girl.
Pomegranate Dream Explanation
— The pomegranate tree is a man who has the best of two worlds. Its thorns prevent him from committing sins. It could also represent a woman, and eating it is a good thing, according to Ibn Siren. Cutting it down means that the dreamer will fail to support his family and in-laws. Sweet pomegranate or one of an unspecified taste symbolizes a fortune that the dreamer has gathered. Sour pomegranate is troubles and worries. Other interpretations include a heavily populated country or province; a sumptuous farm and profits for the merchant.
a pomegranate with red seeds: The dreamer will obtain one thousand gold coins (big money).
a pomegranate with white seeds: The dreamer will obtain one thousand silver coins (small money).
• Selling a pomegranate: The dreamer has given up the Hereafter in favour of worldly temptations and transient delights.
• Eating pomegranate peel: The dreamer will recover from a disease.
• Pressing pomegranates and drinking their juice: An allusion to what the dreamer spends on himself.
Apple Dream Explanation
— The apple symbolizes the dreamer’s status, profession, or interest. For a king, it refers to his realm; for a merchant, it represents his trade; for a farmer it is the way he plows and tills the land; et cetera. The apple tree is a devout person, close to people’s hearts. A limited number of apples means money or years of power. The apple tree branch symbolizes benefits, welfare, and the fulfilment of aspirations.
• Planting an apple tree: Will raise an orphan.
, gathering, owning, or eating apples: Success in the dreamer’s field. Sweet apples mean honest gains. Sour ones represent sinful earnings.
• Eating an apple: Eating up money in a way as to become the talk of the town.
an apple: Will obtain money and praise from an honest man.
• Smelling an apple in a mosque: Will get married.
• A woman smelling an apple in a party or at an orgy: Will become the center of a scandal.
• A woman eating an apple in a place she knows: Will give birth to a good boy.
Daisy Dream Explanation
— Dreaming of picking
a daisy, also called ox-eye or feverfew, at the foot of a mountain means one: (1) Will conquer the heart of the beautiful girl of a great king. (2) Will befriend the wife’s relatives, which this plant alludes to.
Eating One's Intestines, Liver and Kidney Dream Explanation
— If a person sees himself eating his own intestines, liver or kidneys or any other organ situated in or around the stomach it means he will have access to all his wealth which was not available to him hitherto. The same is the interpretation if – instead of eating them-he sees himself or another picking
them up or carrying them.
Mandrake Dream Explanation
— The fruit of the mandrake tree symbolizes disease and gold or money. Dreaming of picking
mandrakes means the dreamer’s wife will be ill and die and the dreamer will inherit from her plenty of money.
Radish Dream Explanation
— • Dreaming of radish: (1) Lawful and blessed gains. (2) Will perform hajj (pilgrimage)—an interpretation that according to Ibn Siren, is a bit farfetched.
or eating radish: Will do good but regret it later on.
Dates Dream Explanation
— Dates symbolize the reading of the Holy Quran, good religious faith, rain, general and honest welfare, and savings.
• Eating high-quality dates: Will hear something good and useful.
• Buying dates: Will save money or receive money from some safe or treasury.
• Opening a date and removing its pit: Will have a child, in view of a verse in the Holy Quran: “Lo! Allah (it is) Who splitteth the grain of corn and the date-stone (for sprouting). He bringeth forth the living from the dead, and is The bringer-forth of the dead from the living. Such is Allah. How then are ye perverted?” (“Al-Anam” [Cattle], verse 95.)
• Eating dates with tar: Will divorce secretly.
• Seeing a measure of dates: A booty.
• Seeing scattered dates: The dreamer is planning a trip.
a date from a palm tree during the right season: (1) Will marry a noble, rich, and blessed woman. (2) Will obtain money from generous and noble people without effort. (3) The dreamer’s farm will yield him good money. (4) Will acquire useful knowledge and benefit from it. If the date was picked in the wrong season, he would acquire such knowledge but not use it.
nice dates from a dry palm tree: (1) Will learn something useful from an unholy man. (2) If in trouble, relief will come.
• Dates being picked for the dreamer: Money will come to the dreamer through dangerous people he will govern. A man said, “I dreamed that I found forty dates.” “You will receive forty lashes,” said the famous dream interpreter Ibn Siren. Sometime later, the same man came to Ibn Siren and told him he found forty dates at the gate of the sultan, to which Ibn Siren said that the man would receive one thousand dirham's. When asked about the contradiction, Ibn Siren said that the first dream was made when the season was over and trees were dry; as for the second, it took place when waters were irrigating the trees. And he was right, on both occasions.
Almond Dream Explanation
— The almond tree symbolizes a stranger or a strange person. Almond means money. Eating it means money will come from a dispute. Sweet almonds refer to the dreamer’s beautiful faith. Bitter almonds represent frank or truthful statements.
almonds from a tree: Will obtain money from a miser.
• Almond peel falling on the dreamer: Will obtain clothes. Conversely, dry peels mean wrath and disfavour. They could also mean that the dreamer will be reprimanded, in view of the harsh sound they produce. Sorrow is another possibility.
Damson Dream Explanation
— Damson means disease. The damson tree symbolizes a man who has many ailments or who is often sick. It could also refer to a person who is niggardly with his family but generous with other people. The more fruit the tree has, the richer the man is.
• Eating immature or green damson: Will give alms or heal from a disease.
• Eating yellow damson: Will obtain money but get ill.
• Eating damson from a tree: Will befriend a wealthy but irreligious person.
damson from a tree: Will marry an heiress.
• Breaking a branch of a damson tree: (1) Will be ungrateful to a source of living and lose it. (2) Will abandon prayers and abstain from fasting. (3) Will squander someone’s money.
Pollen Dream Explanation
— (Inflorescence; Money; Spadix; Spathe; Spores) In a dream, pollen means money or a pregnancy. If a sick person sees pollen in his dream, it means that he will recover from his illness, or it could mean his death. Pollen in a dream also means hoarding merchandise or provisions. If one picks a spathe or two in his dream, it means that he may beget a child or two. If one eats pollen in his dream, it means that he will live from the revenues of such children. Observing the florescence of trees in a dream means the rising of one's star and anticipation of benefits. Seeing a yellow spathe and not eating from it in a dream represents the anger of a landlord toward his ranchers. Pollen in a dream also means money or illness. Picking
up spores of pollen in a dream also means the illness of one's wife that could lead to her death, or receiving a sizeable inheritance.
Citron Dream Explanation
— Citron, also called Adam’s apple or pie melon, is a good thing to dream of in view of its nice smell and other qualities. It refers to the devout Muslim who reads the Quran very often. The best that could be dreamt of is a green one. One, two, or three citrons mean children. Many pie melons mean money and a good repute.
• Eating sweet citrons: Will amass money or obtain money made by somebody else.
• Eating sour or bitter citrons: Will have a mild disease.
• Cutting off or picking
a citron: The dreamer has a sound body and will enjoy a fertile year. The yellow citron alludes to a prosperous year, but not one devoid of a mild disease.
• Cutting a citron in two parts: Will marry a foreign, but honest and rich woman who will give birth to a boy and a girl of frail health.
• A woman dreaming that she has citrons on her knees: Will give birth to a blessed girl.
• A woman dreaming that she has a crown from a citron tree on her head: Will marry a religious man who has a good reputation.
• A man dreaming that his wife has given him citrons: She will give birth to a male child.
• Throwing citrons at somebody: The dreamer wishes to marry a relative of that person.
Grape Dream Explanation
— Grape juice, especially wine, symbolizes women, in view of its delicious taste. It also represents sex, because it is like the semen. Likewise, it refers to a generous and useful man, a good-doer, owing to the multifarious benefits of grape. He could be a ruler, a scholar, or a person who gives money to the needy. White grapes in the right season allude to the best of this world, like money that will come earlier than expected. In winter, grapes allude to rain. To the ancient Arabs, every bunch of grapes was one thousand dirham's (currency units). Black grapes during the right season symbolize fear and disease; otherwise they mean trouble and worries. They are also a harbinger of cold weather. Grapes were believed by the ancient Arabs to be harmful. They also thought that no benefit could be derived from the black color and hated black grapes in any case. Among other things, they argued that the grape was originally white, placed near the son of Nuh (Noah). When his father cursed him, it suddenly turned black. Certain dream interpreters felt that the black grape meant nothing but money that will not last. Separate from the bunch, it symbolized extreme fear or chills. Others regarded the black grape as a not so bad dream, in view of a verse in the Holy Quran: “And of the fruits of the date-palm, and grapes, whence ye derive strong drink and (also) good nourishment. Lo! therein, is indeed a portent for people who have sense.” (“Al-Nahl” [The Bees], verse 67.) They also thought so because the Prophet Zakareyyah (Zacharia) used to find it at Mariam’s (Mary’s) place. However, in interpreting such dreams special care should be given to the season in which the dream took place. Was it the time when vineyards blossom? Was it the harvesting season? Was it the period of the year when the vineyards go dry? The fate of the dream or of the person dreamed of will depend on those vagaries.
• Having a dream involving grapes and a certain woman during the bad season: (1) If that woman is ill, she will die. (2) If pregnant, she will give birth to a girl.
• A bachelor dreaming of owning a vineyard: (1) Will marry a nice woman. (2) Will be in the good books of a philanthropist.
• Dreaming of grape or a vineyard during the bad season: (1) If newly wedded, wife will have difficulty getting to her husband. (2) If rich, dreamer will become poor or business will be sluggish.
• Dreaming of black grapes: Flogging or lashes as much as there were seeds in the grapes.
a bunch of black grapes from a tree: Wife will give birth to a boy fathered by a black bondsman.
a bunch of grapes: The dreamer will take his wife’s savings.
• Pressing grape to obtain juice and turning the latter into wine: The dreamer will win the favours of the chief, along with unblessed money, in view of the story of the Prophet Yusuf as related in the Holy Quran: “And two young men went to prison with him. One of them said: I dreamed that I was pressing wine. The other said: I dreamed that I was carrying upon my head bread whereof the birds were eating. Announce unto us the interpretation, for we see thee of those good [at interpretation]. He said: The food which ye are given [daily] shall not come unto you but I shall tell you the interpretation ere it cometh unto you. This is of that which my Lord hath taught me … O my fellow-prisoners! As for one of you, he will pour out wine for his lord to drink; and as for the other, he will be crucified so that the birds will eat from his head. Thus is the case judged concerning which ye did inquire.” (“Yusuf [Joseph], verses 36–41.)
Grapes Dream Explanation
— (Bunch of grapes) In a dream, a sweet tasting bunch of grapes means receiving benefits through a relative or a close friend. If the grapes taste sour in the dream, then they mean regret. Grapes in a dream also represent money, profits, earnings, a growing capital, savings or a needed capital to support a business venture. Seeing grapes in season in a dream means material gains, and out of season, they mean quick profits or unlawful earnings. Picking
a bunch of grapes in a dream means receiving money from a woman. Black grapes in a dream represent the night and white grapes represent the daylight. Black grapes in a dream has little benefit in wakefulness and may represent money that does not last. White grapes in a dream represent recovering from an illness, for the prophet Noah (uwbp) was once inflicted with tuberculosis and Allah Almighty inspired him in a dream to eat white grapes and by Allah's leave they brought about his recovery. Grapes hanging on a grapevine in a dream denote fear. Extracting the seeds and throwing away the pulp in a dream means an argument with one's wife that will end in regret. Seeing grapes in season in a dream could mean distress and out of season they mean a sickness. Seeing grapes in season in a dream also could mean success associated with women, love, tenderness and compassion. Eating grapes in a dream also means drinking wine. (Also see Tuberculosis; Wine)
| || |