Gold Dream Explanation
— Contrary to what many people might think, gold
was not a good dream for the ancient Arabs. They resented the word itself, thahab, which in their language meant “gone,” the same as they disliked the yellow color, which was associated in their mind with the yellow, untruthful, or rather poisonous smile and with the notion of pallor. Gold
is a particularly bad omen for men but a good dream for women if they wear it. For men it is a harbinger of losses, fines, hatred, disease, and other calamities. Gold dinars (coins) are the least harmful, because Daniel the Wise was reported as saying that having more than four dinars in one’s hand meant the dreamer would be hated and hear bad things commensurate with the number of coins. If the number of coins is known, worries will be minor. According to Ibn Siren, having one dinar of medium size is a reference to a nice and cozy house, five dinars means that the subject would do something acceptable, and an even number of dinars between one hundred and one thousand means that the dreamer will become a specialist in conducting tests. Giving a dinar to somebody means one will lose part of one’s knowledge. Anyhow, contradictory views exist about the metal.
• Seeing gold: Sorrow and forced expenditure.
• Seeing gold
covered with mud or hidden somewhere or somehow, though you know where it is: Failure.
• Perceiving gold
as stored somewhere or placed in bags without seeing its color: Good dream; should expect gains, provided you are a pious person.
• Wearing gold
, in general: Will enter into a marital relationship with people of a lower standard.
• Wearing a gold
bracelet or bangle: Will inherit.
• Wearing two gold
bracelets or bangles: Troubles are ahead by your own making, as for men gold
, especially in the form of bracelets, is usually a bad omen or a reference to liars, as reportedly stated by the Holy Prophet. But for a virtuous person the same dream could mean more obedience to God and greater prosperity, in view of a verse in the Holy Quran that reads: “… therein they will be given armlets of gold
and will wear green robes of finest silk and gold
embroidery.” (“Surat Al-Kahf” [The Cave], verse 31.) The same dream could also mean gains achieved with hardships.
• Wearing a golden or silver anklet: Will experience fear or go to jail. In any case, anklets, for men, symbolize chains, and all sorts of jewels and ornaments for them are bad, save the pendent, the necklace, the ring, and the earring.
• For women, bracelets and anklets refer to the husband. Jewels symbolize their children. Gold
is the male child and silver the girls. Unmanufactured gold
is worse than gold
made into jewels, because in the latter case its ugly name, thahab (gone), is changed into bangle or something else.
• Wearing a pendant or necklace: Will be entrusted with some high function or given a country or city to rule.
• A man wearing a pendent partly made of gold: Will perform the pilgrimage to Mecca (Mecca (Makkah)). If the pendent is completely made of gold
, he will become a ruler or a chief. In general, the pendent symbolizes man’s power and value. The longer and the heavier the better.
• A man wearing a golden earring: He is a good singer.
• Receiving a golden ring, a typical ring: Weakening religious faith, unless something is carved on it.
• Receiving a golden ring that does not look like a ring and with nothing carved on it: Will lose some belonging or will arouse the chief’s wrath and anger.
• Finding a gold
ingot or gold
bar: Will lose one’s money or encounter trouble commensurate with the size or number of gold
bars. Otherwise, the dreamer will be forced by the ruler or his chief to do something against his will or will pay a fine.
• Melting gold: Will be involved in a scandal and become the talk of the town.
• Seeing one’s house made of or plated with gold: The house will burn.
• Manufacturing gold
bars: Evil will befall the dreamer, and he will be destroyed.
• Seeing one’s hands made of gold: The hands will be paralyzed.
• Seeing one’s eyes made of gold: Will become blind. For others, seeing gold: (1) Joys and/or marriage ceremonies. (2) Welfare. (3) Good deeds. (4) Husbands. (5) Children. (6) Knowledge and wisdom. (7) Jewelry and ornaments.
• Giving away a big piece of gold: Will become a ruler or authority will be enhanced.
• Finding broken gold
or solid gold
coins: Will meet the ruler and return safe and sound.
turning into silver: Decaying situation in terms of women, money, children, and servants.
• Silver turing into gold: A change for the better.
• Clothes for the upper part of the body ornamented with gold
, such as lady’s masks, veils, et cetera: She who wears them will come closer to God. But if she just owns them, she will undergo a bitter experience. God will test her mettle.
• Pure gold (or silver) symbolizes candid intentions, truthfulness, and the fulfilment of promises.
• Conversely, anything plated with gold: Imitation and falsehood.
• Plated gold
or silver sheets: Short-lived actions, upheavals, absent-mindedness, and forgetfulness.
• Spun gold (or silver): Continuous welfare.
• Seeing a trader of spun gold: (1) Joys and/or marriage ceremonies. (2) A reference to those who combine virtue and vice. Other interpreters believe that plenty of gold
is a reference to wealth. Little of it is a loss of such wealth.
• Finding gold
or taking it from someone: An excellent dream. It means that whoever you love is faithful and that your projects will be successful, provided the gold
is clean and glittering. It also means that you will surmount difficulties.
• Having lost some gold
and looking for it: You have trusted unworthy persons.
• Wearing a golden ring: Marriage or success in one’s endeavours, no matter whether the ring was in your or somebody else’s hand.
• Eating gold: Will store wealth for one’s children.
Bars of Gold Dream Explanation
— Seeing bars of gold
or crockery made from gold
means losing some of a perbond wealth or the king or governor becoming unhappy or disillusioned with him.
A Gold Ring Dream Explanation
— It symbolises unlawful and haraam wealth and clothing.
Gold Coins Dream Explanation
— If the origin and quantity is unknown and they are more than four, its interpretation is somewhat unpleasant. It represents grief and sorrow which he will experience. Receiving any of these means his reputation will be harmed. This, in turn will lead to a dispute or quarrel. But if their quantity is known the matter will be less serious and it will be settled in due course.
Smelting Gold, Silver Etc. Dream Explanation
— If a person sees himself in the act of melting gold
, silver, iron or lead and casting any of them into any form such as coins, it means he will become the subject of people's slandering and backbiting.
A Gold Coin without any Imprint Dream Explanation
— If this seen in his dream a son will be born in his house.
A Single Gold Coin or Coins up to Four Dream Explanation
— They represent his children whose numbers depend on the numbers he had seen.
A Silver or Gold Necklace Studded with Jewels Dream Explanation
— Seeing the above in the dream means that a person will be made to guard some trust. At times jewels, if mined and their quantity is not known, mean fortunes from which a person will derive much benefit.
Mandrake Dream Explanation
— The fruit of the mandrake tree symbolizes disease and gold
or money. Dreaming of picking
mandrakes means the dreamer’s wife will be ill and die and the dreamer will inherit from her plenty of money.
Orphan Dream Explanation
— (Foundling; Waif) Picking-up an abandoned infant in a dream means picking-up one's enemy, in conjunction to the story of Moses and Pharaoh. Picking
up an abandoned child in a dream also could mean returning things to the way they should be, or dispelling distress and sorrow. If one sees himself planting an apple tree in a dream, it means adopting an orphan, or caring for one. To find oneself as an orphan in a dream means depression which is caused by injustice. To be an orphan in a dream also means feeling depressed because of one's love for a woman, loss of property or money.
Pomegranate Dream Explanation
— The pomegranate tree is a man who has the best of two worlds. Its thorns prevent him from committing sins. It could also represent a woman, and eating it is a good thing, according to Ibn Siren. Cutting it down means that the dreamer will fail to support his family and in-laws. Sweet pomegranate or one of an unspecified taste symbolizes a fortune that the dreamer has gathered. Sour pomegranate is troubles and worries. Other interpretations include a heavily populated country or province; a sumptuous farm and profits for the merchant.
a pomegranate with red seeds: The dreamer will obtain one thousand gold
coins (big money).
a pomegranate with white seeds: The dreamer will obtain one thousand silver coins (small money).
• Selling a pomegranate: The dreamer has given up the Hereafter in favour of worldly temptations and transient delights.
• Eating pomegranate peel: The dreamer will recover from a disease.
• Pressing pomegranates and drinking their juice: An allusion to what the dreamer spends on himself.
Dry Grass Dream Explanation
— Dry grass serves as a harbinger for receiving gold
in the near future, Ibn Sirin (RA) used to refer to grass as pure gold
. One, when he was presented with a camel load of dry grass, he looked at it for a long time, then said: “I wish I had seen this in my dream!”, for then he would have received gold
Combine Dream Explanation
— Combining or matching coordinates such as pearls with gold
, amber with gold
, gems and pearls in a dream means benefiting others with one's knowledge, counsel, good conduct or professional opinions.
Flower Dream Explanation
— The flower or rose symbolizes a child or honest money. Since the word in Arabic is ward, it could also mean the return (worood) of an absent one or the arrival of a letter. Certain interpreters believe that the rose represents a woman who quits, a child who dies, a trade that does not last, or a passing joy, in view of the flower’s ephemeral nature. Others think that all aromatic plants—numerous or few—allude to worries and sorrow. To them, flowers mean crying, except for those flowers that the dreamer sees in their normal place but does not touch, in which case they would refer to a new birth, et cetera. In the event of their being picked and their trees dying, it means that there will be crying and weeping. The same applies to myrtles, spices, and legumes. In Arabic, the borderline between roses and other flowers is quite hazy. Flowers also refer to praise or good repute.
• Seeing a crown of flowers, particularly roses, on one’s head: Will marry a woman but soon be separated.
• A young man giving flowers or roses to the dreamer: An enemy will take an oath or pledge something, then fail to keep his promise.
• Flowers spread all around the place: Brittle and nonlasting happiness in this world.
• Cutting a rose tree or rosebush: Trouble and worries.
white flowers from one’s garden: Will kiss a virtuous woman with mutual passion.
• Dreaming of red flowers: The dreamer’s woman is of the gay type who likes artists, singing, dancing, et cetera, as opposed to a pious woman.
• Dreaming of yellow flowers: The dreamer’s wife has frail health.
flower buds: The dreamer’s wife will have a miscarriage, and the fetus will be a male child.
a well-known flower with big leaves: The dreamer is sweet on a beautiful woman whom everybody is running after and calumniating at the same time.
Violet Dream Explanation
— The violet is a pious maiden or slave girl. Picking
it means that the dreamer will kiss such a girl.
Gilder Dream Explanation
— (Gold leaf) In a dream, a gilder represents a decorator, someone who makes things attractive and pleasant or someone who coats things with sugar. In general, a gilder in a dream represents someone who is truthful in his words and actions. If a gilder overlays gold
leaf over the cover of a book in a dream, it means that he is lying, falsifying things, innovating and that he is a heedless person who loses his money in loathsome entertainments, corruption, or it could mean that he works for a religious institution.
Apple Dream Explanation
— The apple symbolizes the dreamer’s status, profession, or interest. For a king, it refers to his realm; for a merchant, it represents his trade; for a farmer it is the way he plows and tills the land; et cetera. The apple tree is a devout person, close to people’s hearts. A limited number of apples means money or years of power. The apple tree branch symbolizes benefits, welfare, and the fulfilment of aspirations.
• Planting an apple tree: Will raise an orphan.
, gathering, owning, or eating apples: Success in the dreamer’s field. Sweet apples mean honest gains. Sour ones represent sinful earnings.
• Eating an apple: Eating up money in a way as to become the talk of the town.
an apple: Will obtain money and praise from an honest man.
• Smelling an apple in a mosque: Will get married.
• A woman smelling an apple in a party or at an orgy: Will become the center of a scandal.
• A woman eating an apple in a place she knows: Will give birth to a good boy.
Daisy Dream Explanation
— Dreaming of picking
a daisy, also called ox-eye or feverfew, at the foot of a mountain means one: (1) Will conquer the heart of the beautiful girl of a great king. (2) Will befriend the wife’s relatives, which this plant alludes to.