| |Graveyard Dream Explanation
— (See Cemetery; Grave)
Righteous people Dream Explanation
— (Companions of Allah's Prophet, upon whom be peace; Followers; Successors) Seeing Allah's blessed people
and His righteous ones, or any of the early companions of Allah's Messenger (uwbp), whether such a companion is known or not in a dream represents blessings in one's life and denotes one's correct following of their example, and their advice or comments in one's dream must be heeded. To see oneself as one of such true ones, or to enter their circles in a dream means that one is following their example and enjoying or suffering similar trials to theirs, then he will triumph over his enemies. To see one of the companions living in a city in a dream also represents the joy, happiness, prosperity, and justice the inhabitants of such a city enjoy under the leadership of a righteous governor. (Also see Companions of the Prophet; Scholars; Serving; Shepherd)
Subversive people Dream Explanation
— (See Tar)
Interpretation According to the Varying Conditions of people Dream Explanation
— If a righteous and noble person sees himself as handcuffed or placed in a pillory. It means he will remain safeguarded against mischief and wickedness. But if the observer of such a dream is wicked it suggests that he will commit excessive sins due to which he will be doomed to hell-fire May Allah, through His infinite mercy, save us from hell-fire, Ameen. Pillory means: a wooden board with holes for the head and hands in which petty offenders were formerly locked and exposed to public scorn.
Giving people Water to Drink Dream Explanation
— Drawing water from the well and seeing impurities and filth in such water means the person doing so will pollute his wealth with haraam wealth.
Flee Dream Explanation
— In general, fleeing
means security, because of a verse in the Holy Quran: “Therefore flee unto Allah; lo! I am a plain warner unto you from Him.” (“Al-Dhariyat” [The Winnowing Winds], verse 50.)
death or running away from a killer: Death is near, in view of a verse in the Holy Quran: “Say: Flight will not avail you if ye flee from death or killing, and then ye dwell in comfort but a little while.” (“Al-Ahzab” [The Clans], verse 16.)
an enemy: Will be safe and secure and fulfil one’s aims, owing to the Quranic verse: “Then I fled from you when I feared you, and my Lord vouchsafed me a command….” (“Al-Shuara“ [The Poets], verse 21.)
• Calling a man who runs away from the dreamer: That man neither accepts what the dreamer says nor obeys him, in view of the Quranic verse: “But all my calling doth but add to their repugnance.” (“Nuh” [Noahl, verse 06.)
Cemetery Dream Explanation
— (Burial ground; Grave; Graveyard) Seeing a cemetery or a graveyard
in a dream means appeasement and comfort for a terrified person, and dismay to a comfortable and a relaxed person. A graveyard
represents the elements of fear, hope and return to guidance after heedlessness. A cemetery represents the hereafter, because it is its vehicle. A cemetery in a dream also represents the prison of the body, but in a dream, it also means seclusion, devotion, abstinence, asceticism or admonition. A cemetery also can be interpreted as the dead looking drunkard in a bar, a man laying flat in a prostitution house, the home of a heedless person who often sleeps rather than pray or a hypocrite whose deeds are not subject to receiving a heavenly reward, etcetera. If a sick person walks into a funeral procession in a dream, it means that his illness will culminate in his death. If he is not sick and then during that procession he weeps or prays for the deceased person in the dream, it means that he will repent of his sins, join spiritual study circles and serves the people
of knowledge. Such a person also may attain a blessed spiritual station and benefit from what he hears and sees. If one sees himself walking in a funeral procession and neglecting respect and contemplation, and instead laughs and jokes, it means that he will befriend evildoers and accept their evil conduct as a standard norm of behavior. If one sees himself visiting a graveyard
for seclusion, self-awakening and self-restraint, then if he reflects about words of truth, wisdom and repentance in his dream, it means that he will be asked to judge between two people
, and that he will rule with justice. If one does not contemplate thus in the dream, it means that he will forget about something important or dear to his heart. If one enters the graveyard
calling to prayers in a dream, it means that he will admonish people
, commands what is good and forbids what is evil. If one sees himself entering a graveyard
and walking over the scattered bones of the dead people
in a dream, it means that he will die and be buried there. A cemetery in a dream also represents admonition, reading the Quran, crying, reminiscence, piety, surrender to one's destiny and discarding worldly gains. A cemetery in a dream also may represent the scholars, ascetics, governors, leaders, camps or a brothel. The graves of saints or shrines in a dream signify innovation, heedlessness, intoxication, adultery, corruption and fear. A stone tomb or a sarcophagus in a dream signifies profits, war prisoners, a booty or exposing one's personal secrets. (Also see Burial; Grave; Shrine)
Patrol Dream Explanation
— (Sentinel; Watchmen) A patrol in a dream represents a warning to the person seeing it. Fleeing
from a patrol of soldiers, then getting caught and interrogated by them, and if one is released thereafter in the dream, it means that he will repent for his shortcomings.
Naturalist Dream Explanation
— (Hiker; Mountain person) A naturalist in a dream represents travels, a graveyard
, or he could represent a wedding.
Vermin Dream Explanation
— (zool. Game; Graveyard) A vermin or any bird that kills game or dwells near the graveyards in a dream represents a procurer or a prostitute.
Sleep Dream Explanation
— Sleeping in a dream means heedlessness or joblessness. In general, sleeping or feeling sleepy in a dream has negative connotations except for someone who is scared, or who expects an adversities or sufferings he may experience otherwise. This is because sleep abates all fears, annihilates them and clams one's distress. Sleeping in a graveyard
in a dream means a sickness. Sleeping over a grave in a dream means death for a sick person and joblessness for a healthy person. Sleeping in a dream also means stagnation, heedlessness, or infringing upon Allah's commands , or discrediting or denying the consequences of negating them. Sleeping in a dream also could represent a blessed journey, such as seeking knowledge or doing good deeds. It also means disregard for worldly attractions, or despite for its glitters. Sleeping people
in a dream also represent mass annihilation, death, murders, rising prices, or it could denote things which people
are unaware of. If in fact the people
are unaware or uncertain about something, and if one sees them in such a state of slumber in a dream, it means that Allah Almighty will remove that blind, and they will see things clearly. If one sees himself sleeping or laying on his back in a dream, it means that he will gain power and financial success in the world. Sleeping with the face down in a dream means losing one's job, or it could mean poverty. Sleeping on the floor in a dream means owning a land, being a rich person, or having children. Sleeping for an unmarried woman in a dream means that she will get married shortly. The sleeping of an unjust ruler in a dream means a temporary relief for the people
. Sleeping in a dream also means intoxication of the mind, ecstasy, a sickness, neglecting one's duties, disunity, humiliation, or death. Sleeping under a tree in a dream means having a large progeny. (Also see Doze; Sleeping on the stomach; Slumber; Turning in one's sleep)
Bier Dream Explanation
— The bier symbolizes a good man who has helped many people
• Seeing a bier: Mean people
will be destroyed by a hypocrite.
• Seeing oneself on a bier: (1) Money will increase. (2) Will befriend other Muslims as if they were brothers, in view of the fact that the bier is a kind of bed or couch—the same Arabic expression used in the Quranic verse that reads: “And We remove whatever rancor may be in their breasts. As brethren, face to face, (they rest) on couches raised.” (“Al-Hijr,” verse 47.)
• (c) Will follow an influential person and earn money and obtain other benefits through him.
• Being lifted, placed on a bier, and borne on men’s shoulders: Promotion, power, influence, and tyranny. Will ride on people’s necks and have as many followers as were seen carrying the dreamer in the dream.
• Seeing oneself on a bier without anybody carrying it: Will go to jail.
• A ruler, a chief, a merchant, or a manufacturer seeing himself on a bier rolling or gliding on the soil: Will board a ship.
• Carrying a bier: (1) If eligible, will govern a province as prominent as the people
marching in the funeral procession. (2) Illicit gains. (3) Will intercede in favour of a religiously corrupt person.
• A bier flying and people
holding to it: (1) A chief or a scholar will die without anybody knowing about it. (2) A great man will die in foreign land, during the pilgrimage or in a battle for the sake of Allah (Jihad). (3) If the dead man on the bier was identified, it would be him in particular.
• Biers of a graveyard
known to the dreamer passing by: The dreamer or somebody else will get what is due to him or what is legally his.
• A big bier put in a given place: The people
of that place will indulge in luxury and other abominations.
• Seeing oneself on a bier rolling on the ground: Will board a ship.
• A man seeing a bier advancing by itself on the ground: Will travel.
• A woman seeing a bier moving on the ground by itself: Will get married. If she is already married, her husband will lose his religious faith.
• Plenty of biers put on the ground in a given place: The folk of that place are corrupt and indulging in adultery.
• A woman dreaming that she has died and been carried on a bier: Will get married. If already married, will relinquish her religion.
• Biers in the souk (marketplace): That market is full of adulterated goods and hypocrisy.
• Falling from one’s bier: Will be demoted; business and other interests will be stalled, and prestige will be lost.
• A well-known man placed on a bier with nobody approaching or carrying it: The subject of the dream will go to jail. If he is a stranger: Bad omen for the dreamer.
Grave Dream Explanation
— The grave or grave pit symbolizes the prison, and vice versa. Graves symbolize a leaning toward ignorance or the ignorant, religious corruption, a catastrophe, worries, and regret for having followed the ignorant, but ultimate repentance. The gravedigger is a prestigious and awesome man.
• Wishing to visit the tombs: Will pay a visit to prisoners.
• Entering a grave and stepping on the bones of the dead: Will be expelled.
• Digging a grave or a pit for oneself or somebody else: (1) Will build a house. (2) Will settle in that area.
• Digging a grave on a surface: Will live long.
• Being put in the grave: Will own a house.
• Sand being levelled upon the dreamer in the grave: Will gain money.
• Backfilling a grave: Long life and lasting health.
• Being put in a grave, as a dead person, without being preserved: Will make love to a woman.
• A grave in an unknown place: Will go along with a hypocrite.
• Numerous graves in an unknown place: Hypocrites.
• Well-known graves: The truth or some rights that the dreamer is forgetting.
• A known grave turning into the dreamer’s house: Will marry a relative of the deceased.
• Seeing a person’s grave being turned into a house, a shop, or a village: The family of the defunct will build a house there.
• Dreaming of entering a grave without being carried on a bier: Will buy an empty house.
• Standing by a grave: Will commit a sin, in view of a verse in the Holy Quran that reads: “And never (O Muhammad) pray for one of them who dieth, nor stand by his grave. Lo! they disbelieved in Allah and His messenger, and they died while they were evildoers.” (“Al-Taubah” [Repentance], verse 84.)
• Standing by one’s grave and looking at it: Will repent and sins will be forgiven.
• Seeing a well-off person roaming about in a graveyard: That person will go broke (because the dead do not carry any money).
• Roaming about amid open graves: Will enter the homes of heretics or visit the jails.
• Going to a grave and digging the earth with one’s nails or trying to unearth the dead: Will probe the life of the dead dwelling in that grave to follow his pattern.
• Finding a dead person alive in his grave: Will become wise and pious and achieve orderly gains.
• Going to a graveyard
to unearth the dead and finding some of them alive and others not: Terrible deaths will occur in that spot or country.
• Finding deadly reptiles or insects in a grave or flames coming out of it: (1) The dreamer is doing abominable things. (2) The dead person in that grave was a heretic.
• Seeing a person going down to a grave, then coming up and trying to push the dreamer therein: A prisoner is trying to incriminate the dreamer.
• Seeing someone handing you over to the grave: That person is trying to destroy you.
• Vegetation around the graves: The grave dwellers enjoy God’s mercy.
• Deriving a lesson by visiting a graveyard: Will win a case. If no lesson was derived, the dreamer is right or has certain rights but is unaware of that.
• Seeing something written on someone’s grave (epitaph): Will stay in jail forever.
• Seeing oneself in the grave being questioned by Munker and Nakeer (the two angels commissioned for that purpose): The ruler or chief will send for the dreamer to ask him something. If he replied to them gently and correctly, he will have nothing to fear.
• Being removed from the grave, then returned to it: Will receive benefits from the ruler (or chief), but end up behind bars.
• The sky raining graves: Compassion from God.
Church Dream Explanation
— For Christians, says Al-Nabulsi, the church symbolizes knowledge, work, asceticism, and reverence to the extent of crying. But the church, he continues, also symbolizes worries, unhappiness, misery, lying, decadence, slander, heresy, and places where injustice and impure recreation reign supreme. It refers to brothels, gambling places, taverns, and everything that soils the individual. It could also represent a tyrant. Still according to Al-Nabulsi, the church might also allude to the abode of demons, like the garbage place and the bathroom; the grave, the house of the adulteress; the cabaret; the place where people
wail; Hell; and jail. The stronger the edifice of the church and the higher the structure, the weaker the Muslims and their religion in that place.24
• A bachelor dreaming of entering a church: (1) Will marry. (2) Will have a child. (3) Will deviate from the right path, especially if he falls prostrate before the statues that are there, kisses them, takes parts in a sacrifice, or wears a waistband.
• A man praying in a church according to Christian rites: Will mix with atheists, heretics, adulterers, drunkards, or people
who commit other abominations. The same would apply to a woman dreaming of attending a tumultuous marriage ceremony or a funeral at which people
weep loudly, tear their pockets, and wear black.
• Remembering or mentioning Allah in a church and denouncing what the worshipers there are doing: Will work for the promotion of virtue and the deterrence of vice.
• Mentioning God, crying, and praying toward the Kabah (in the direction of Mecca (Makkah)) inside the church: Will visit a graveyard
to pray for the dead or attend a funeral service.
• Seeing a church being destroyed, burning, or undergoing some other calamity: Stronger religious faith (for the Muslims) and defeat for the polytheists and the hypocrites.
• A church turning into a synagogue or vice versa: Some accident will befall the aliens (non-Muslims) living in an Islamic country.
• Seeing one’s house as a church: (1) Will talk the language of the Christians and turn one’s home into a meeting place for the whimsical, the heretics, and those who commit all sorts of sins. (2) The dreamer’s chief will be angry with him.
• Seeing a dead person in a church: The deceased is in the Eternal Blaze, locked with those who had disobeyed the Lord.
Mosque Dream Explanation
— (Jami; Masjid) The main city mosque or the central mosque in a dream represents the king, the governor, or the ruler of a Muslim country, since he takes care of establishing the divine laws as well as he is the symbol of Islam and the decisive judge between the lawful and the unlawful. Smelling an apple inside a mosque means getting married. A mosque in a dream is like the central market that people
intend daily and endeavor to make profit therein. It is a place where people
will profit according to their deeds and efforts. A mosque in a dream also represents one who is to be obeyed, respected and revered such as a father, a teacher, a sheikh or a man of knowledge. It also asserts justice if one who enters a mosque in his dream is unjustly treated. The main city mosque in a dream represents the Quranic revelation, the ocean of knowledge, a place of purification and washing one's sins, the graveyard
where submissiveness and contemplation are evoked, the washing and shrouding of the dead, medicine, silence, focusing one's intention and facing the Qiblah at the Kabah in Mecca. Seeing the main city mosque in a dream also means to recognize something good and to act upon it. It also could be interpreted as the shelter from one's enemy, and a sanctuary and a shelter of the believer from fear, and a house of peace. The ceiling of the mosque represents the intimate and vigilant entourage of a king. Its outstretch represents the dignitaries. Its chandeliers represent its wealth and ornaments. Its prayer mats represent the king's justice and his knowledgeable advisors. Its doors represent the guards. Its minaret represents the king's vice-regent, the official speaker of the palace or it announcer. If the main mosque in the dream is interpreted to represent the ruler of the land, then its pillars represent the element of time. Its lights represent the noble retinue and the wise men of his epoch. The ceiling represents the knowledge contained in the books that protect his justice and his references. The minaret will then represent his chief minister or advisor. The pulpit represents his servant. The prayer niche represents his wife, or it may represent his lawful earnings, or a righteous and a chaste wife. If one sees a mosque burning in a dream, it means death, losses and political changes in the country. The main mosque of the town also represents the pious people
dwelling therein, the men of knowledge, the wise men, devotion, or a hermitage. Its niche represents the leader of the people
(Imam). The caller to prayers (Muezzin) represents the judge or a gnostic from that town or country who calls people
to the right path and whose call is harkened to by the believer. The doors of a mosque in a dream represent the trustees and guards who shelter people
from outside attacks. If one sees any of that in a dream, or whatever condition these elements are in, they represent the current condition of the people
, and this is what the central mosque represents in one's dream. If one sees grass growing inside a mosque in a dream, then it means a wedding. (Also see Imam; Kabah; Masjid; Minaret; Minbar; Muezzin)
Fireplace Dream Explanation
— (Hearth; Stove) An iron cast stove or a fireplace in a dream represents a woman who comes from a powerful and a strong family. If the stove or the fireplace is made from yellow copper or brass in the dream, then such a woman may have come from a house of a worldly and rich people
. A wooden fireplace in a dream represents hypocrisy in such a family. If the fireplace is made of plaster in the dream, it means that such a family has associated itself with Pharaonic traditions or worship. If the fireplace is made of argillite or form sundried bricks in the dream, it means that someone in that family is a allahly and a pious person. A fireplace in a dream also represents a state, a government, joblessness or fleeing
from one's enemy. If the fireplace or the stove is lit with no food to cook or water to boil over it in the dream, it means that the head of the household, the butler or the house keeper will become angry and infuriated by someone's slander or backbiting. If the cooking pot in the dream is interpreted to represent the wife, then the fireplace would represent her husband who faces the adversities and hardships of life. On the other hand, if the fireplace in the dream is interpreted to represent the wife, then the cooking pot would be her husband who is always sitting on fire. If the fireplace or the stove is not lit in the dream, then it represents distress, worries and trouble, but if it is on, then it means fulfilling one's needs and earning one's livelihood through hard work. A fireplace in a dream also represents one's wife, his tools and instruments, his vehicle, or it could represent a place of gathering, one's rank, a chair, light, a woman in childbed, a father, a mother, a pregnant woman, one's shop or a helper. A fireplace in a dream also could represent the month of January or the cold season. If a bachelor sees a fireplace in a dream, it means that he will get married, and if he is married, it means that his wife will become pregnant. If he is a sinner, it means that he will repent for his sins, for a fireplace is the abode of fire and fire in a dream represents fear, horror and guidance. A fireplace in a dream also represents one's stomach and the firewood in a dream represents a late heavy meal that will cause indigestion or confused dreams. (Also see Brazier; Firewood)
Grave Dream Explanation
— (Burial; Tomb; Sepulcher) A grave in a dream represents a prison and a prison in a dream represents a grave. If one sees himself living in a grave in a dream, it means that he will be incarcerated in a prison. Building a grave in a dream means building a house. If one enters a grave but does not witness a funeral in his dream, it means that he will buy a house. Digging a grave in a dream means getting married, though through tricking the woman to get her consent. Standing over a grave in a dream means committing a sin. If one sees himself digging a grave and upon completing his work, if he discovers that what he has dug is standing on the surface of the earth and has no walls in the dream, such ground represents the abode of the hereafter. If he then enters it in his dream, it signifies that his life term in this world has come to its conclusion. If he does not enter it in the dream, then there are no consequences to his dream. Seeing a known grave in a dream is a proof of what is true and a sign of what will unfailingly come. An unknown grave in a dream represents a hypocrite. Building a tomb on the roof of one's house means longevity. Visiting the graveyard
in a dream means visiting people
in prison. Raining over the graves in a dream means blessings from Allah Almighty upon the people
of the graves. Graves in a dream also represent distant travels, bewilderment, a wife, or they could mean a prison. Filling a grave with dirt in a dream means longevity and living a healthy life. Seeing oneself buried alive in a dream means a calamity, tightening of one's means or imprisonment. Seeing oneself buried alive and wearing one's shroud in a dream also could mean marriage. To unearth someone's grave in a dream means seeking to pursue his trade. If it is the grave of a scholar, then it means wanting to acquire his knowledge. If it is the grave of a rich person in the dream, then it means becoming rich or receiving an inheritance. If one sees the deceased person alive in his grave in a dream, it means that such money will constitute unlawful earnings, while in the first instance, the knowledge or wisdom one is seeking will be true, except if the person in the grave is dead in the dream. A stone tomb or a sarcophagus in a dream means profits, a war prisoner, a booty or exposing one's personal secrets. (Also see Burial; Cemetery; Exhume; Sarcophagus; Shrine; Tower)
Sparrow Dream Explanation
— The sparrow has contradictory interpretations. It symbolizes: (1) A huge, great, and dangerous man in terms of money who is slow does not recognize people’s rights, and is harmful to most people
. He is a wicked man, even a swindler, but knows how to be in perfect command. He is a skilful politician and an excellent decision maker. (2) A man of entertainment who has plenty of stories and good jokes and whom people
take to be a fool. (3) A beautiful woman who has mercy on people
. (4) A male child. (5) Praise. Dreaming of owning plenty of sparrows means one will be properly funded and command dangerous people
Incident Dream Explanation
— A dream interpreter once said: "I saw in a dream a man who was blindfolded with a blue piece of cloth. I asked him: 'Do you know what happened to my father?' The man replied: "Your father is dead.' Then he took me to may father's grave, where I felt the great loss, and I hugged it, cried, and wailed. When I woke up, I told another dream interpreter, who was a friend of mine, about my dream. He smiled and said: 'Your father's death in the dream means his longevity, and your crying means relief from distress.' I did not accept his interpretation of my dream, for I knew better the meaning of wailing and mourning in a dream. Soon after that, I visited my father, and my friend proudly reminded me of his interpretation. Later on, I travelled away from home. When I returned to my town, I passed by a graveyard
. At the gate stood a woman who was guarding that cemetery and whose eye was bandaged with a blue piece of cloth. I knew her, so I stopped and asked her about the news. She said to me: 'May God grant you a long life. Your father has passed away.' Then she took me to his grave, and I fell on it, crying and wailing, exactly as I saw in my dream. Thus, my friend's interpretation did not come true, for he has no hand in it."
Crawl Dream Explanation
— • Crawling on one’s belly: Will be handicapped and compelled to spend all savings owing to unemployment.
• A person dreaming of being unable to crawl anymore after stomach has been skinned and asking people
to carry him: Will become poor and ask people
| || |