| |Penis Dream Explanation
— Basically, the word for penis
in Arabic is thakar, a homonym of male. It is almost an homonym of thikr as well, meaning “reputation.” Those are major considerations in interpreting dreams involving the penis
. Therefore, the penis
refers to the person’s reputation among people; a male child or children; well-being; money; the life span, honour and prestige; or anyone who exerts efforts to ensure other people’s comfort and safety, such as the father, the son who honours his parents name, the attentive boy, the good partner or the messenger. It also alludes to the horse or camel, et cetera. It could refer as well to the bucket or watering can and to any being the dreamer has sex with. For the farmer, the penis
symbolizes his plow, and reaping hook; for the carpenter his perforator; for the blacksmith his pair of bellows; for the litter his assay scales; for the butcher his knife; for the writer; the pen that he puts in the ink pot; for the soldier his arrow or spear; for the ship-owner or sailor his mast or pole; and so on and so forth. Sometimes it even refers to the weeping eye or the one-eyed. Most significant as well is the penis
symbolizing the animals that roams at night and seek refuge in their burrows.
• The dreamer’s erect penis
having become longer, bigger, and more beautiful, in a way as to make him proud of it: The dreamer will have plenty of children and wealth, and his wife and whoever is in charge of gating his land, if any, will enjoy good health. It also means that he will be better off or will recover in case he is ill, that his troubles and worries will go away, and that he will overcome his enemies by using his power and influence, for the simple reason that erection usually occurs only when the person lives and eats well, is satisfied, and is enjoying peace of mind.
• Paradoxically, seeing one’s penis
longer than usual: Worries and deep trouble are on the way.
• Seeing a pen coming out of one’s penis: The dreamer will have a son who will be versed in all disciplines (because the pen serves to register and preserve all kinds of knowledge).
• Having lost one’s penis
and regretting it: Something will affect the dreamer’s son. (1) If he is a ruler or governor, he will be deposed. (2) If ill, he will pass away. (3) He will be lost. (4) He will travel and no news will come of him.
• The penis
having been cut: The dreamer will die, his son will die, he will no longer have male children, he will lose his money, or he will stay away from his country for a long time, during which his folk will forget him.
• Severing or eating someone else’s penis: The dreamer will sever relations with that person.
• Biting someone else’s penis: The dreamer likes or loves that man and speaks very highly of him.
• Someone playing with the dreamer’s penis: Joy and prosperity.
• An intellectual dreaming that he is playing with his penis: Distraction and passion will dominate his mind.
• Seeing another penis
or harmless herbs growing out of one’s penis: Children, benefits, and general welfare. If the herbs were harmful it would be otherwise.
• The penis
appearing like a tree with many branches: The dreamer will be prolific.
• The penis
splitting into three: (1) The dreamer will die. (2) The dreamer will have three sons.
• Having two penises instead of one: The dreamer will be blessed with two sons.
• Having two penises, one on top of the other: If the dreamer is a profligate, he will sodomize his two sons.
• Finding someone else’s penis
in your hand: The dreamer will obtain one thousand of something, depending on his social or financial standard.
• Seeing one’s penis
having been cut and put on one’s ear: The dreamer will have a daughter who will never get married or will give birth to an illegitimate child.
• The penis
having been cut off in the vagina of the dreamer’s pregnant wife: (1) She will have a miscarriage, or the child will die. (2) The water will be cut off from the dreamer’s garden, if any.
• A hot loaf of bread coming out of the penis: Poverty is ahead.
• Seeing one’s testicles having been cut, though the penis
is still there: The dreamer will have no more daughters.
• A woman dreaming that she has a penis (or a beard): (1) If married, she will divorce. (2) More power for whoever is supporting her. (3) She is rebelling against the husband’s authority, dominating him, retaliating for any reproach on his part, especially if in the dream she is dressed like a man. (4) If pregnant, she will give birth to a male child. (5) If she is not pregnant but already has a boy, the latter will become the master of his folk. (6) If neither pregnant nor the mother of a boy, she will never have children, in view of her masculinity. (7) It could also indicate that she is a lesbian who uses her clitoris like men do their phallus in making love to the opposite sex. (8) If she is not a lesbian, is not married, and has never conceived, she will get married.
• A pregnant woman introducing her penis
in her anus: She will have an abortion or a miscarriage.
• A man introducing his penis
in his anus: He will live long.
• The penis
having retreated into the body: The dreamer will conceal a testimony.
• The dreamer removing his penis
or part thereof with his hand and replacing it: (1) One of his sons will die and another will be born. (2) Lost money will be retrieved. (3) The dreamer will regain his reputation or fame.
• Being busy doing something good or bad in the midst of a crowd, naked, the penis
erect, and feeling no shame: (1) Aspirations will be fulfilled. (2) Hardships are over and the dreamer will get what he wanted badly. (3) Social status will improve. (4) Triumph over enemies. (5) If the penis
is hard and undistorted, the dreamer will struggle harder till he recovers his lost prestige. (6) If his penis
had stretched and widened till surpassing his head or going to bed with him like a sex partner, he will become well-known and highly respected in his country and his work will be appreciated. He will also enjoy all sensual pleasures. The longer cock means more money; its bigger size is excellence in the dreamer’s craft or profession and more energy and power. (7) If the penis
had reached his chest: The dreamer will persevere further. (8) Touching the erect penis
creeping under one’s clothes: The dreamer himself and his children will become famous and highly appreciated.
• Seeing one’s penis
having become weak: (1) The dreamer’s son will become ill. (2) Success and fame are about to cease. (3) Numbness, torpor, and poverty insomuch as the penis
• Bending to one’s own penis
and sucking it: The dreamer will bow to his son and do all that the latter wishes to the extent of being subdued by him.
• Sucking the penis
of a human being or an animal: The sucker will live in the shadow of the person in question or be remembered for something that has to do with the animal that appeared in the dream.
• Being circumcised: Improved religious faith, for in general the circumcised penis
symbolizes the arrow of Jesus (sic).
• A non circumcised penis: The tailor’s spool.
• Seeing a prepuce (foreskin) around one’s penis: The dreamer is indulging in luxury in a way inconsistent with the teachings and the Tradition of the Muslims Holy Prophet.
• A knot on one’s penis: Life will get harder no more easy going, people will laugh or scoff at the dreamer’s son, or he will not marry.
• The urethra, orifice (or hole) of the penis
s urinary tract: (1) A reference to the parents and to children, because of the sperm that it ejaculates, which is the direct cause of fathering children. (2) A reference to brothers, sisters, and other relatives. (3) A reference to women, because of the libido. (4) A reference to man’s physical fitness. (5) A reference to the dreamer’s assets because, like them, it expands and shrinks or gets empty and full, alternatively. (6) A reference to logic and literature.
• Kissing the penis
s aperture (hole): (1) The son’s recovery from a disease or better health. (2) The dreamer’s children will return from abroad, and he will be able to see them and kiss them. (3) In case the dreamer is childless, he will have children.
• Seeing plenty of hair in the aperture of one’s penis: The dreamer is profligate, shameless, extravagant, and immersed in debauchery.
• Feeding the orifice of one’s penis: The dreamer will have an awful death.
• Seeing hair growing on the father’s penis: The father is nearing death.
• One’s penis
turning into a vulva (female sex organ): The dreamer’s mettle and power will weaken, or he will become impotent.
• A woman’s vulva turning into a phallus while the dreamer’s penis
is in it: Her character will change and if she remains so, it means she will always be the dominating, rebellious, and obscene type.
• The penis
turning into iron, copper, or any precious metal: The dreamer will lose interest in life, have no more children, and perhaps lose his tranquillity, because such an alteration is of no use whatsoever.
• Seeing one’s penis
blackened and hanging slackly: The dreamer is not faring well.
• Seeing wounds or sores on one’s penis: People are saying obscene things about the dreamer.
• A snake swallowing the dreamer’s penis: His wife has committed adultery.
• A snake coming out of the penis
s aperture: The dreamer will have a boy.
• A snake going out of the penis
, then in, then out again: The dreamer will be disappointed by that organ.
• A snake coming out of the dreamer’s nose, breast, back or penis: The dreamer will have a male child who might grow up to become an enemy.
• Drinking water through one’s penis: The dreamer is a concupiscent and libidinous man.
• Hitting somebody or something with one’s penis: The dreamer will make love.
The Male Generative Organ (penis) Dream Explanation
— If cut it means either he or his son will die. If he sees more than one it means the same number of children will be born to him.
A Woman with Male Generative Organ (penis) Dream Explanation
— If a person sees a woman with a male generative organ it means she will give birth to a son if she is pregnant in real life. Moreover, the son will grow up with good character and leadership qualities. But if she is not expecting in reality, and she already has a child it means that whenever she does give birth she will do so to a son whose upbringing will be as mentioned above.
Phallus Dream Explanation
— See Penis
Suck Dream Explanation
— • Sucking the breast of any woman other than one’s mother: Humiliation and sorrow or disease. Breast-feeding by the mother means promotion and welfare. For a woman, the same dream would mean that hardships are ahead, except it what was sucked was milk, in which case it would mean that she would inherit something from her family.
• Touring women and sucking their breasts, from which no milk comes out: The dreamer is a sodomite with a preference for male teenagers.
• Being sucked by someone: That person will take money from the dreamer.
• Someone sucking the dreamer’s breast: The former will take money from the latter’s wife. Otherwise, anything bad will happen to both the dreamer and the person dreamed of.
• A woman dreaming that her breast is being sucked by a man: The latter will take as much money from her as milk was seen going to his mouth in the dream.
• A woman sucking a man’s breast: Bad dream, unlike the case in which she sucks milk from another woman’s breast, which has controversial interpretations.
• For a man or a woman, dreams involving the sucking of the penis
generally augur well. It means welfare and that matters will go through, as the penis
, like the breast, naturally produces milk and is suckable, says Ibn Shaheen.
• Bending on one’s own penis
and sucking it: The dreamer will bend before his son and do all that the latter wishes, acting like a slave.
• Sucking the breast of any human or animal and getting any liquid, be it good or bad: Will obtain money. If the organ sucked was other than the breast, the dreamer is after something difficult and success would be proportionate to the quantity of liquid pumped out.
• According to Al-Kirmani, quoted by Ibn Shaheen, liquid being sucked from any organ means money. However, milk from a comestible animal is blessed money; from an animal whose meat is uneatable or prohibited it is dirty money.
• In case what comes out from the sucked organ is solid matter: Bad omen. But if such matter was moving and lively, a child would be born to the dreamer.
• Someone trying to suck milk from the dreamer’s hands: Will go to jail. In any case, bad dream for both.
• Someone sucking the dreamer’s nose: Will take money from his pocket.
• Someone sucking the dreamer’s thigh: Will take money from his folk.
• Sucking water: Things will go wrong.
Lesbianism Dream Explanation
— • A woman dreaming that she has a pair of testicles: Might bear twins.
• A lady eating another woman’s flesh: Will have a lesbian experience with her or each of them will try to overpower the other physically or otherwise.
• A woman having sex with another: Will confide her secrets and share the views and acts of her homosexual partner. If she does not know her lesbian mate, she will do something wrong.
• A woman who has a man of her own dreaming that another female has engaged her in sexual intercourse: Will part from that man, become a widow, and as the days go by share secrets with her lesbian sex partner.
• A woman dreaming that she has turned into a man: Good luck and benefit from her husband.
• Seeing one’s wife with a beard: She will never become pregnant. If she already has a boy, the latter will prevail over his family.
• A woman dreaming that she is disguised, looks like, or behaves like a man: Good or bad fortune and fear, depending on the condition of her clothes.
• A woman dreaming that she has a penis (or a beard): (1) If married, she will divorce. (2) More power for whoever is supporting her. (3) She is dominating her husband and retaliates to any reproach on his part, especially if in the dream she is dressed like a man. (4) If pregnant, she will give birth to a male child. (5) If she is not pregnant but already has a boy, the latter will become the master of his folk. (6) If she is neither pregnant nor the mother of a boy, she will never have children in view of her masculinity. (7) It could also indicate that she is a lesbian who uses her clitoris as men do their phallus in making love to the opposite sex. (8) If she is not a lesbian, is not married, and has never conceived, she will get married.
• A pregnant woman introducing her penis
in her anus: Will have an abortion.
Chisel Dream Explanation
— (Cheat; Defraud; Swindle) In a dream, a chisel means using a tool to attain one's goal, or using a helper, or it could represent someone who is forced to travel by unwarranted circumstances or without his consent. A chisel in a dream also represents someone whose wounds do not heal easily because of his greed, inequity and craving for more. A chisel in a dream also represents one's assistant, or one's penis
, or his mouth.
Hawk Dream Explanation
— The hawk symbolizes two things: (1) An honest but unfair and famous ruler. (2) An illustrious son. Being chased by a hawk means a courageous man will be angry with the dreamer. The sparrow hawk symbolizes a king, like the falcon.
• Seizing a sparrow hawk: Will send a thief to jail.
• A sparrow hawk coming out of one’s penis: Will have a son who will become famous for his courage and chivalry.
Dove Dream Explanation
— The dove symbolizes the virtuous, loving, and beloved woman who sticks to her man. It also alludes to the messenger, the letter, and the unexpected or the urgent information. According to legend, it was blessed by Noah after he was disappointed by a crow. He had sent the latter to view the condition of the water, but the crow, having seen carrion floating on the surface, forgot all about its mission. By contrast, the dove brought Noah a green leaf. Likewise, the dove refers to a girl, in particular the white one, sight of whom means good religion. Black pigeons are the leading figures of both sexes in society. But the best dove to be dreamt of is that which is green, for it means piety. The piebald or spotted doves are people of mixed blood. The baby doves are children and servants (slaves in the ancient mentality). The dovecote represents the ladies quarter. Pigeons cooing is a love quarrel.
• A person facing hardships or missing someone dreaming of a dove flying to him or landing on him: Good augury.
• A sick person dreaming of a pigeon landing on his head: An allusion to the Angel of Death, especially if it is a turtledove and if it wails.
• Having pigeons: The dreamer has women and slaves or servants on whom he does not spend much.
• Owning innumerable pigeons: Welfare and benefits.
• Spreading pigeon fodder and calling the doves to eat from it: The dreamer is a pimp (perhaps because, in Arabic, the word pigeon is a homonym of penis).
• Seeing somebody’s pigeon (penis): The dreamer is an adulterer.
• A pigeon evading the dreamer or flying away to no return: (a) Divorce. (2) Wife will die.
• Cutting a pigeon’s wing: (1) The dreamer will swear not to let his wife out. (2) Wife will deliver. (3) Wife will get pregnant.
• Slaughtering a pigeon: Will deflower a girl.
• Eating dove meat: Will eat up a woman’s money. The ringdove is a wild, dominating woman, if not impossible at least difficult to tame. She is a liar and not quite religious. It could also refer to a lying boy. The turtledove is either a religious woman or a boy who makes an honest living.
Effeminate Dream Explanation
— (Lesbian; Sodomy; Transvestite; Vagina) If one sees himself acting effeminately in a dream, it means evil, distress, fear or that a calamity will befall him. If an effeminate person sees himself having a vagina in a dream, it means that he has two faces or that he is satisfied to be knowledgeable as well as a fraud. If an effeminate person or a homosexual looks at his own male organ and finds no female organ beside it in the dream, it means that he will repent and back up from his loathsome conduct and revert to his natural sexual condition. If an effeminate person who is also bisexual sees himself as having a vagina, or if he looks at his penis
in a dream, it means separation from his wife or mother or segregation from his friends. (Also see Sexual intercourse; Vagina)
Vagina Dream Explanation
— (Also see Semen.) The Arabic word for vagina or vulva is farj, from faraj, meaning “relief.” Thus the vagina symbolizes: (1) Relief and comfort. (2) The honey, date, or wine peddler, because sex is as sweet as sugar. (3) A ripper or a bloody person. (4) A wicked deceiver, obedient and humble during daytime and profligate and out of control at night. (5) A foolish slave. (6) A bird’s nest containing eggs. (7) Deep trouble. (8) The fulfilment of requests. (9) Marriage, for the bachelor. (10) Resumption of spending on one’s parents and in-laws. (11) Repentance. (12) Resumption of praying. (13) The prayer niche in a mosque. (14) The Qiblah (the point toward which Muslims turn their faces when praying). (15) A journey. (16) The key to a man’s secret. (17) The unveiling of secrets. (18) A contract53 to set up a company. (19) The discovery of metals, minerals, and all hidden things. (20) The very vagina of a docile woman who gives it only to her man. (21) A prison. (22) The main gate or door of a house that, according to Islamic tenets, visitors should use. (They must never come through back doors, windows, et cetera.) (23) The bathroom, for all the water, heat, et cetera, that is in it. (24) A valley surrounded by hills and mountains. (25) A disease and a medicine that might revive then kill the patient, as the penis
becomes erect, strong, and full of vitality when it comes into contact with the vagina, then dies down when its sperm (which feeds it) gets out. (26) A furnace. (27) The oven where paste is introduced to come out as finished bread. (28) The spouse. (29) Pregnancy. (30) Hell or the fatal attraction to it (same as for the penis), since it is the center of burning pleasure. (31) The grave.
• A sick person seeing a vagina: (1) The dreamer is about to die. (2) The dreamer’s grave is being dug.
• Penetrating a vagina: (1) The dreamer will place a fat mutton in a furnace. (2) He will put a paste in an oven. (3) He will eat an exotic fruit.
• Seeing the vagina of an identified woman: The dreamer will uncover her secret.
• The vagina of an identified woman looking nice and healthy: Her husband or son will be better off.
• A man with a vagina: He is not faring well and is being humiliated, or the reverse. If he has worries or is in jail, he will be freed.
• A man standing trial or being tracked by an enemy seeing a vagina (or, better, if he goes into it): The dreamer will win his case or defeat and crush his enemy.
• Seeing one’s vagina smaller than usual: The dreamer will overcome enemies. The reverse is also true.
• A merchant seeing an old woman’s vagina: He will sustain losses in his trade.
• Entering a vagina: The dreamer will die.
• Sucking (or licking) the wife’s vagina: Minor relief.
• Seeing the wife’s vagina from behind: The peace and cordiality the dreamer is seeking will turn into tension and lasting hostility.
• A man dreaming that his wife has only one vagina: He is running after two matters; one will work and the other not.
• Dreaming that one’s wife has no vagina: A matter will be stalled, and the dreamer will be helpless and humiliated.
• The vagina being cut: Bad omen, meaning perhaps that enemies will prevail.
• Biting the vagina of an unknown woman: Relief and joy.
• The vagina of an unidentified old woman: Relief in life. Holding firm a woman’s vagina with one’s hand, which turns into a penis: Her morals will change. If it remains a penis
, she will remain authoritarian, impudent, loud, and impossible to tame.
• Vaginal or pubic hair: (1) Period is on the way. (2) Poetic diatribe, a speciality of ancient Arab poets. It is noteworthy that in Arabic the words for hair and poem resemble each other. The former is shaar and the latter sheer.
• A woman dreaming that she has two vaginas: She might be penetrated from both sides.
• A woman seeing water entering her vagina: She will give birth to a boy.
• A woman dreaming that water is coming out of her vagina: She will deliver.
• Anything good coming out of the vagina: Good progeny.
• Anything ugly coming out of the vagina: The dreamer will give birth to bad children.
• A woman dreaming that fire is coming out of her vagina: She will give birth to a king.
• A woman dreaming that sesame is coming out of her vagina: Her husband is concealing his love for her.
• Bread coming out of a woman’s vagina: Bankruptcy, poverty, and need, no matter how good or beautiful the vagina looks in the dream.
• A person dreaming that a scented smell is exuding from her vagina: That person is candid. The reverse is also true.
• An iron, brass, or bronze vagina: Despair after failing to achieve the objectives being sought.
• Seeing an animal sucking, licking, or roaming around a woman’s vulva: The woman in question is a debauched and unworthy one. If the woman is unidentified, the dream does not augur well for the dreamer; it could mean that he is losing his brain for worldly matters.
Sperm Dream Explanation
— • Giving or receiving sperm: A reference to something durable, which could be money, coming or going.
• Seeing sperm coming out of one’s penis: (1) Money is coming. (2) Money will be squandered. (3) Wishes will be fulfilled. (4) Comfort. (5) Will divulge a secret. (6) The dreamer’s children will die. (7) For one reason or another, wife will not be available. (8) Land will be revived if the dreamer is a landlord.
• Spreading sperm all over a woman’s body: Will offer her a dress and other attire.
• An active sex partner being stained all over his body with the sperm of his lover: The former will get what he wants from the latter.
• Owning a jar full of sperm: Will find a treasure.
• Receiving hot sperm: Will get money from a treasure.
• Yellow sperm: A male child who will be ill very often or who is full of disease.
• Red sperm: A boy whose life will be short.
• Black sperm: A boy who will become the master of his folk.
• A black semen or sperm coming from the wife’s vagina: She will give birth to a boy who will dominate his folk.
• Holding somebody else’s sperm in one’s hand: Someone else’s money will come to the dreamer.
• Fire coming out of a woman’s vagina (in lieu of semen): Will give birth to a tyrant.
• Eating or swallowing sperm: A reference to water or mucus.
Male organ Dream Explanation
— (Penis) To look at one's sexual organs in a dream means profits, children, fame, carnal desires, want, family, strength, virility, conduct, or longevity. If a man sees himself without a male organ in a dream, it means that he will lose a son who will either die or travel away from his father, and who will leave no tracks of his whereabouts. It also could mean that he will have no more children. If a sick person sees himself without a male organ in a dream, it means that he will die from his illness. If he is a king or a governor, it means that he will be deposed. Having two male organs in a dream means that one will beget two sons. Castration in a dream means that one will bear no more daughters. If a pregnant woman sees herself having a male organ in a dream, it means that she will beget a son. If she never had children before, it means that she is barren. If one is circumcised in a dream, it means that he will fulfil his religious covenant, or pay a debt. A pubic area which is excessively hairy in a dream represents an insolent person. Feeding one's sexual organ in a dream means dying an ugly death. If one's male organ turns into a female organ in a dream, it means that he has lost his virility, or that he will become submissive. If one sees himself touching his wife's sexual organ which then turns into a male organ in a dream, it means that she may undergo an operation in relation to abnormal sexual trend. A male organ in a dream also represents a craftsman's tools. Playing with one's male organ in a dream means that one does not shy from Allah's presence and that of His angels, or that he has forgotten about proper conduct or common moral standards, or if he is a learned person, it means that he will forget what he has learned.
Pen Dream Explanation
— (Pencil; Tongue) In a dream, a pen represents knowledge, learning, a child, a tradesman, or commanding what is good and forbidding what is evil. If a tradesman or a craftsman sees a pen in his dream, it means that he will be successful in his trade, or that he will preside over people of the same trade. If a tradesman earns something with a pen, or writes an invoice with it in a dream, it means that he will be protected from poverty through his trade. If a writer sees himself carrying a pen, or holding a paper, or an inkwell in a dream, it also means having a source of income, protection against poverty, earning one's livelihood from writing, or from working under someone in authority. A pen in a dream also represents one's manager, his controller, a cosigner, a witness in an agreement, entering into a marriage agreement, or it could represent an intelligent son who will become a famous writer. Owning a pen or receiving a one as a gift in a dream means acquiring knowledge. Then, if one proceeds to write with it in his dream, it means receiving an appointment, or occupying a position of authority. Looking at a pen one is holding in his hand and seeing another pen laying beside him in a dream denotes having a half brother, or if one's mother is pregnant, it means that she will deliver a new son. A pen in a dream also means a guarantee. If one's wife is pregnant, then if he sees a pen laying beside an inkwell in his dream, it means that she will beget a son. Holding a pen in a dream also means making an oath. If one's pen is broken or scratched in a dream, it will reflect on his business, trade and livelihood. Moistening a pen from an inkwell in a dream means committing a sin. A pen in a dream also represents virtues by which one is known, or it could mean complying with a court judgement, or signing a court order, or it could represent a scholar, a judge, one's tongue, a sword, one's penis
, a railway, generosity, abundance, humankind, one's confidant, or winning victory over one's enemy. If one's pen looks in good condition in the dream, it means that one's oath or covenant is true. Otherwise, a defective pen in a dream represents a false oath, or a biased agreement. A pen in a dream also means longevity and prosperity. (Also see Tongue)
Mouse Dream Explanation
— The mouse symbolizes the dreamer’s household: those who dwell in his house—his wife and children, et cetera—a debauched woman, or, some say, a devilish Jewish woman or a Jew, as related by Al-Nabulsi. It could also refer to a thief. Many mice means profit and welfare. Mice of the same color allude to women. The rat is a digging thief.
• Dreaming of a mouse playing in one’s house: Prosperity will increase because, according to the ancient Arabs, mice invade only those places that are prosperous. And only people who are not hungry can afford to play.
• Seeing mice in one’s house: Dangerous women will enter that house.
• A mouse leaving one’s house: Livelihood and blessings will decrease.
• Owning a mouse: Will have a servant because, like servants, mice share the food of the master.
• White and black mice coming and going: Long life, as the white indicate the days and the black the nights. To borrow the expressions of Ibn Siren, the black and white mice are the nights and days silently nibbling our life and body.
• Plenty of white and black mice in an inclined or jeopardized location or a well: Life will be shortened.
• Dreaming of a mouse during an afternoon nap: Will have a long life.
• Seeing a mouse in one’s clothes or bedding: Will have intercourse with an evil woman.
• A mouse gnawing on a person’s clothes: The time that passes and erodes everything.
• A mouse digging and searching: Beware of a searching thief.
• Killing a mouse: Will win over or subdue an evil or corrupt woman.
• Obtaining mouse skin: Will get some money, not much, from a debauched woman.
• Throwing arrows or stones at a mouse: Will backbite a licentious woman or exchange correspondence with her on an unholy matter.
• Catching a mouse: Will outsmart a woman and sleep with her. A man who saw himself penetrating a mouse and coming out with a date from its ass asked Ibn Siren about the meaning of such a dream. “Are you married to a corrupt woman?” asked Ibn Siren. “Yes,” said the man. “She will give birth to a devout son.”
• A mouse coming out of one’s rectum: A thankless woman will get out of the dreamer’s life.
• A mouse coming out of the dreamer’s nose or penis: Wife will give birth to a corrupt and ungrateful girl.
Testicles Dream Explanation
— According to Al-Nabuls, the testicles are the center of pleasure and the organs responsible for hair growth. The left one, in particular, is where male children come from. They may also symbolize movement; endeavours; what a person lays his head on to sleep, like pillows; or certain pairs such as husband and wife, twin children, two trades, two chamberlains guarding a door, et cetera, especially female couples, like two sisters, two girls, two wives, and a mother and her sister. Whatever happens to the testicles in the dream will befall those persons. If the testicles are severed, for instance, the dreamer’s two wives will die or he will divorce them. If he knows of two female patients, they will pass away, and so on and so forth. Other possibilities include an allusion to money, the purse, parity and equity, and the persons without whose consent a marriage cannot take place. One testicle could be a reference to a steelyard.
• Seeing one’s testicles inflated and stronger than they really are: (1) Will be protected from any harm. (2) Will have many girls.
• Seeing one’s testicles having been cut or destroyed: (1) An amount of money is due by the dreamer, of which two thousand, two hundred, or simply two currency units are missing. (2) Will be deprived of God’s blessings, have no more children, and face hard times. (3) Will divorce. (4) Will betray one’s country for personal benefits. (5) Will lose one’s children. (6) Will lose one’s purse or money altogether. (7) Will lose the consent of the bride’s sponsors. (8) Will lose one’s family or other relatives. (9) Will no longer be decent. (10) Will contract a skin disease, in particular; alopecia (loss of hair), commonly called fox’s evil; or leontiasis leprosy, known as lion’s evil.
• A dreamer seeing his testicles being cut off or infected with a disease: (1) His foes will have the upper hand inasmuch as the situation looked bad. (2) No more girls will be born to him. He will only produce boys. (3) Will receive compensation and damage for a life taken away.51
• Seeing one’s testicles in enemy hands: The enemies will reach the dreamer inasmuch as they are in control of his pair of vital organs.
• Seeing one’s left testicle having been snatched: The dreamer’s son will die, and he will have no more boys.
• Willingly giving away the left testicle to somebody: An illegitimate boy will be born to the dreamer and will bear someone else’s name.
• Contracting a hydrocele (swelling of the scrotum around the testicle): (1) Will make gains and give them away to the enemies. (2) Will lose something.
• A woman dreaming that she has a pair of testicles: Might get twins.
• Seeing one’s testicles having been severed, though the penis
is still there: Will have no more daughters.
Serpent Dream Explanation
— The serpent in the dream symbolizes man’s enemy, in general, since Satan used it to let Adam eat the forbidden fruit. The size of such an enemy is commensurate with the serpent’s length, diameter, strength, venom, et cetera. But no enemy is worse and more terrible than a black snake. The water snake represents support to the unjust and more power to the ruler or chief. The serpent or snake also symbolizes: (1) A powerful and rich enemy (for the venom refers to money) who conceals his hostility and has a strong name and ugly face. (2) Hostility of one’s own family, spouse, or children, in view of verse 14 of the Quranic surah or chapter “Al-Taghabun” (Mutual Disillusion), which reads as follows: “O ye who believe! Lo! among your wives and your children there are enemies for you, therefore beware of them. And if ye efface and overlook and forgive, then lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.” (3) A demon. (4) An atheist or a heretic. (5) A woman. (6) A boy or an offspring. (7) The dweller in the valley. (8) A high post. (9) A chief. (10) A treasure. (11) One’s bread or livelihood. (12) The dreamer’s endeavours. (13) Waters, streams, or a torrent resulting from heavy rain, in view of the similarity between the movement of snakes and fluids. (14) A highway bandit. (15) A covetous and spiteful neighbour who casts an evil eye on whatever he sees. (16) Evil, covetousness, fraud, deceit, wickedness (like the snake’s tortuous movement), and open animosity. (17) An adulterer or an adulteress, in view of their character and bites. (18) Death.
• Dominating or owning a snake: Will wield tremendous power.
• A snake swallowing the dreamer’s penis: His wife has committed adultery.
• A white snake: A bitter enemy. If the dreamer lifts it up, it means he will be promoted.
• A black snake surrounded by smaller ones: Will have more servants and black slaves.
• A green snake: Beware of two enemies.
• A yellow snake: A sick and weak enemy.
• A red snake: An enemy has the backing of his tribe or clan.
• A snake with paws or feet: Powerful enemies.
• A smooth and slippery winged snake: (1) The treasure of a king or a royal gift, in case the dreamer manages to handle it as he wills. (2) The dreamer’s luck.
• A small snake of whatever color: (1) A weak enemy. (2) A small boy or a son. (3) A hostile family member.
• A horned viper showing its fangs: Beware of a huge and spiteful enemy or: If the dreamer is a minister, he will be given a portfolio. If the dreamer is a merchant, he will achieve gains.
• A metal snake, especially one made of gold or silver: Benefits.
• Snake meat and grease: Legitimate seizure of a foe’s money (i.e., spoils of war) and immunity from the venom of that enemy.
• Eating raw snake meat: Will triumph over the enemy and enjoy seizing his money.
• Eating cooked snake meat: Will triumph over the enemy and gain blessed money through Jihad (holy war).
• Being poisoned and seeing the stomach swelling after eating cooked snake meat: Will be harmed and lose heavily to an enemy after challenging him. If the poison acts till the dreamer’s flesh and bones disintegrate, he will fight an enemy and his children will be scattered all over the country. In case he dies from that food poisoning, he will die at the hands of an enemy.
• Being bitten by a snake: Will sustain as much harm at the enemy’s hands as the bite was strong.
• A snake talking to the dreamer nice and soft: Fantastic welfare.
• A snake talking harshly to the dreamer: Troubles and sorrow are ahead but will ultimately disappear.
• Seeing a dead snake: An enemy that God will remove or keep in awe.
• Mastering a bunch of black serpents: Will lead armies and become a great king.
• Catching and mastering a slippery snake without using any weapon and without any ensuing harm: Will seize a king’s treasure.
• Seeing a snake and getting scared: Fear.
• Fearing a snake without seeing it: Will be safe from enemies.
• Seeing a snake without getting scared, but escaping from it: Pain and sorrow.
• Frightening a snake: Will escape enemy harm.
• Introducing a snake in one’s house: Will be deceived or tricked by an enemy.
• Seeing one’s home full of snakes without fearing them: Will give shelter to the enemies of Muslims and to people of all seasons and whims. Someone told Ibn Siren he had seen his house full of snakes, to which the interpreter replied, “Fear God and do not give shelter to the Muslims enemy.” Likewise, a woman told the great seer that another lady had seen in her dream two burrows from which a couple of snakes had come out. Thereupon two men drew milk from the snakes heads. “Snakes do not give milk, but hood. That woman will be visited by two leaders of the Khawarej who will invite her to join their sect, nay to insult the two sheikhs, God bless them [the caliphs Ali Ibn Taleb and Muawiyah],” said Ibn Siren.
• Snakes getting in and out the dreamer’s house without harm: Enemies from the house or from amongst relatives.
• Snakes getting in and out of a house other than the dreamer’s: Hostile strangers.
• A snake leaving a house: The house will be destroyed or devastated, and its inhabitants will perish.
• Catching a snake: Will challenge the enemy and take a booty in all safety in view of verse 21 of the Quranic surah or chapter “Ta-Ha” which reads as follows: “He (God) said: Grasp it [O Moses!] and fear not. We shall return it to its former state.”
• Fighting and killing a snake: Will overcome an enemy. If the snake’s blood is seen spurting and staining the dreamer’s hands, he will kill that enemy and grab his wealth. In case he has burnt the snake, the ruler or chief will kill his enemies. But if the snake has managed to escape, the enemies will flee the country or stay away for some time.
• Killing a snake: (1) Death of a young boy. (2) Will marry a woman.
• A man killing a snake in his bed: His wife will die.
• Taking a snake off one’s collar and cutting it in three pieces: The dreamer will divorce his wife three times. A man told Ibn Siren, “I saw myself following a snake that crept till it entered its burrow. There I had a cleaning cloth in my hand, so I sealed the hole with it.” “Are you engaged to a woman?” asked Ibn Siren. “Yes.” “You will marry and inherit from her.” And so it was. The man married the lady, who soon died and left him seven thousand currency units.
• Cutting a snake in two: Will win a case over the enemy’s dead boy. Taking the two parts afterward means that the dreamer will win over to his cause an enemy chief along with his children and followers.
• Cutting a snake in two and finding that its skin is made of gold: Will find one of the treasures of King Chosroe (king of Persia).
• Cutting a snake in three pieces: Will challenge and beat one’s foes and subdue three enemies: A chief, a rich man, and one who has many children and followers.
• The strong rise of the snake’s body and the appearance of its fangs: Enemy power and shrewdness.
• Turning into a snake: Change of attitude. Will become the enemy of Muslims.
• A small white snake in one’s pocket or sleeve that inspires no fear: The dreamer’s efforts and perseverance.
• A snake coming out of one’s sleeve: The dreamer’s son will become hostile to him.
• A snake following the dreamer as he walks: His enemy is trying to outsmart him.
• A snake creeping between the dreamer’s hands or turning around him: His enemies are socializing or mixing with him in one way or another but cannot harm him.
• Snakes fighting each other to the death in a souk, or marketplace: War will break out and the enemies will be crushed.
• Seeing snakes fighting in every direction and killing one of them: (1) If the dead snake is big and strong, the dreamer will control the area where the battle was seen. (2) If it is a common snake, the dreamer will kill one of the king’s soldiers. (3) If the snake is climbing to a certain height, the dreamer will taste comfort, joy, and happiness.
• A snake tumbling from a high place: A leader will die in that place.
• A snake coming out of the earth: Suffering at that spot.
• One’s garden full of snakes: The garden will flourish, its herbs will grow, and flowers will blossom.
• Body snakes (worms): A reference to the dreamer’s children and other relatives who sit at his table and share his meals. Their exodus is a tragedy that will befall the household.
• A snake going in and out of a small town or district: A demon will bring the dreamer grief and sorrow.
• A snake entering the mouth: (1) Enemies will be defeated. (2) Will acquire a great knowledge.
• A snake coming out of a healthy person’s mouth: Will be betrayed or harmed by his own statements or will calumniate someone.
• A sick person dreaming that snakes are coming out of his mouth: Will pass away.
• A snake coming out of the penis
s aperture: Will have a boy.
• A snake getting out of the penis
, then in, then out again: The organ will fail the dreamer.
• A snake coming out of the dreamer’s nose, breast, back, or penis: Will have a male child who might grow to become an enemy.
• A snake coming out of the dreamer’s ear, belly, vagina, or anus: Will commit a sin and give up religious faith, or the dreamer’s children might turn inimical.
• The dreamer tightening a snake around his waist: Will wear a money belt.
• Grasping snakes and throwing them away: The dreamer’s family or other relatives will bring him a tragedy.
• Killing a snake and lifting it or cutting it and lifting it: Will triumph over enemies and grab their booty.
• Lifting a white snake: Promotion.
• Being surrounded by a large number of snakes: The dreamer’s folk and supporters will turn against him, but none of them will harm him, if no snake has bitten him in the dream.
• A snake coming out of the dreamer’s collar or anus and going into the earth: His time is over.
• Catching a harmless snake as it passes: Money.
• Dominating a big serpent: Will obtain a high post.
• Seeing a snake on one’s head: Will be prominent at the royal court.
• A container full of snakes: Animosity toward Muslims.
Marriage Dream Explanation
— • High position, gains, and prosperity.
• Marrying and penetrating a woman: Dignity and the attainment of something the dreamer is striving for.
• Marrying a woman after seeing, knowing or identifying her or after she has been named to you: You will have a good or bad destiny in life, depending on the social position, virtue or vice, beauty or danger of that lady, or the meaning of the bride’s name.
• Marrying when the man already has one or more wives (Muslims may have up to four, provided they treat them fairly and equally): Elevation in life and benefit as much as the woman he had seen or identified was beautiful. If he had neither seen, identified her, nor heard her name, he or someone else would die in his arms.
• A woman seeing herself adorned and on her way to a bridegroom without reaching him: Death is near. If, on the contrary, she arrives at him and he penetrates her, that means benefit and happiness for her, inasmuch as her adornment and clothes appeared beautiful.
• Marrying the wife or sister of a sheikh (meaning an old man, or more often a dignified person or tribal chieftain): Will achieve big gains. This is also true for a woman dreaming of marrying the husband or brother of an old lady.
• Marrying an obscene or vulgar woman: Will get killed.
• Seeing a woman taking a second husband can have three interpretations: (1) If she is pregnant, she will give birth to a girl. (2) The lady is trying to get her daughter married. (3) Dispute over marriage between the lady and her husband.
• Marriage contract involving an unidentified woman: Death, if the bride-groom is ill. Otherwise, it means that the dreamer will sign a contract that will bring him power or will testify against a dead person. Because women symbolize power, penetration is tantamount to killing and the penis
is likened to a dagger or a spear stab that causes bloodshed.
• The dreamer marrying another’s wife and taking her to him: Loss of dignity and livelihood.
• Driving one’s wife to another man to have him marry her concurrently: Reduced power or business losses.
• Conversely, wedding one’s wife to another man and bringing the latter to her doorstep: Business gains.
• Seeing a sick man getting married without a woman (in the dream): The patient will die peacefully.
• Marrying a prohibited relative: The dreamer will prevail over his family.
• Marrying and penetrating a dead woman: The revival of a dead matter. But if the dreamer had neither penetrated nor even had intercourse with her, success in that matter would be shaky.
• Having an incestuous marriage with the dead: The dreamer will resume his duties towards his parents and dependents. (Also see Incest.)
• Conversely, marrying a religiously prohibited relative (wife’s sister, for example) who is alive and well: Will not support parents and in-laws.
• A woman dreaming of a dead man marrying and penetrating her: Her wealth will shrink, she will suffer from instability, and her luck will change. If the dead man took her to his home, which she had not seen before, she would die.
• Marrying a woman who then dies: Will endeavour in a matter, only to reap nothing but sorrow.
• Marrying a woman of a different faith: Will have a spouse who will induce you into a sinful or unlawful experiment or to apostasy.
• Marrying an adulteress: Will yourself indulge in adultery. (Also see Adultery.)
• Marrying any kind of animal: Will marry a woman having similarities with such a beast. If the animal was consenting, the woman in question would go along in the husband’s direction, be it good or bad.
• Seeing a sick man getting married without a woman in sight or in a mysterious manner: The patient will die and rest peacefully.
Incest Dream Explanation
— Also see Sex and Sodomy.
• A reference to an illegitimate birth.
• Marrying a relative whom Islam prohibits: Will prevail over one’s family.
• Sodomizing one’s father: Will oust him from the country or be hostile to him.
• Having sex with one’s father or mother without ejaculation: Will be good to him or her. If the dream had ended with an orgasm, it would mean the reverse.
• A man dreaming or someone dreaming of him that he is having sex with his mother, sister, brother, or similar prohibited relations seen as dead in the dream: He is not supporting them as he should, but will change his attitude and become fair. It could also mean trouble and worries or, on the contrary, benefit to both parties. If they are seen to be alive in the dream, he does not have much affection for them. In case he dreamed that the act took place during the Muslims sacred months, he would go to Mecca (Makkah) for the pilgrimage.
• Making love to one’s mother known to be dead in the dream: Will meet her if she is alive.
• Making love to one’s dead mother: The dreamer will die, because mother is synonym for earth.
• Having sex with one’s mother in her grave: Death.
• A traveller dreaming that he is making love to his mother: Will return to her from his journey.
• A poor man or a person whose mother is wealthy dreaming that he is having sex with her: (1) Will obtain all that he wishes from her. (2) She will die and he will inherit from her.
• A sick man dreaming of having sex with his mother: Will recover.
• Making love to one’s living mother: (1) Will be inimical to the father. (2) If the father is ill: The father will die and the son will look after his mother as a son and a husband. (3) If the son is hostile to his mother: She will show him love and affection. (4) The dreamer is good-natured, for nature is the mother of mankind. (5) If the son is involved in a feud over some property or a piece of land and is trying to purchase it: He will win. (6) If the son is a farmer or peasant: Bad omen, because he would be sowing the seeds in the dead earth where they would not grow.
• Making love to one’s mother without passion despite her responsiveness: The dreamer will leave the country by his own free will.
• Making love to one’s mother without passion, then being cold-shouldered: The dreamer will flee his home place.
• Making love to one’s mother while her face is turned away: (1) Bad dream, meaning that the mother’s countrymen will stop loving and even resent the dreamer. (2) The dreamer will be discredited in the eyes of his countrymen or colleagues. (3) The dreamer will not get whatever he is aiming for.
• Having sex with one’s mother while the dreamer is asleep: Sorrow and hard times are ahead.
• Having sex with one’s mother by introducing the penis
between her thighs: Bad dream heralding acute poverty.
• Having sex with one’s mother, who is on top: The dreamer will die, especially if he is already ill, because the earth beneath which the body is buried is called “mother.”
• The same dream by a healthy person could mean that he will be well off throughout his lifetime.
• If, in the sex act, the mother was the operator: The dreamer’s children and money will turn sour, and he will become ill.
• Having sex with one’s little boy: The boy will be ill and some harm will befall the dreamer.
• Having sex with one’s little girl: Same interpretation.
• Having sex with one’s grown-up daughter: The girl will get married, and the father will generously furnish and equip her new home.
• Having sex with one’s daughter while she is married to another man: She will be separated from her husband and return to her father’s house.
• A poor man whose daughter is well off having the same dream means he will get great benefits from his girl.
• A poor man dreaming that he has sex with his young adopted child: Will send the boy to a teacher to seek knowledge.
• A rich man dreaming that he has sex with his young adopted child: Will donate plenty of things to the boy and will write a testament bequeathing all that he owns to the child.
• Having sex with one’s brother (or friend): Will become enemies and the dreamer will be harmed by the latter.
Ring Dream Explanation
— The ring symbolizes tremendous power or a great ruler—a king. Its stone is the awe he inspires. The armorial bearings or seal on a ring means the exercise of the king’s influence as well as his assets and the scope of his realm. The seal as such is a symbol of the dreamer’s authority and ability to command. The carvings are what he wants or desires. The ring also represents what the dreamer owns and what he can do. It refers as well to children, women, boys, the purchase of a slave, a house, an animal, and money or a realm, in case the dreamer is eligible. One exception is that for a man a golden ring means subservience and humiliation. Nevertheless, if it has a stone in it, it alludes to the man’s power, prestige, and endeavours. The stone also alludes to a male child.
• A pious or ascetic person receiving a silver ring from God: The dreamer will be favoured by the Almighty and immune from Hell.
• Taking a gold ring from the Lord: Bad omen. Similarly bad are rings made of iron, the latter being the ornament of those who reside in Hell, and rings made of copper whose name in Arabic is nahhas, from nahs, meaning “bad luck” or “a jinx.” One more reason, adds Ibn Siren, is that copper is the metal used in manufacturing the rings of the jinn.
• Taking a silver ring from the Holy Prophet or from a religious scholar: The dreamer will acquire learning. In case the ring was made of silver, iron, or copper, the dream would have a very negative interpretation.
• Wearing a ring: Renewal of what the ring refers to, depending on its alloy or composition.
• Wearing a silver ring: Nothing will stand in the dreamer’s way.
• A golden ring: (1) If a ruler, the dreamer will turn heretic, lose his religious faith, betray his people, and become a tyrant. (2) A reference to a woman who has lost her fortune.
• An iron ring: (1) A courageous leader. (2) A tradesman with foresight but bad memory. (3) A ring made of lead: Power melted through weakness. A ring with two stones: Overt and covert influence, financial benefits, and/or success in helping religious-minded and worldly individuals and healing people.
• Rings made of horns or ivory: Good augury for women.
• A wooden ring: (1) A hypocritical woman. (2) Prosperity or power obtained through hypocrisy.
• Being given or offered a ring or buying one: The dreamer will wield tremendous power or become a king, if eligible because, says Ibn Siren, the majesty of King Solomon was derived from his ring.
• A woman being given a ring: She will get married or have a child.
• Borrowing a ring: The dreamer will own something that will not last.
• Taking a ring from a king: A house the dreamer enters, dwells in, or owns. The stone is the gate or door of that house. A girl or a woman whom the dreamer marries and whose ring-shaped vagina he will deflower by introducing “the finger of his belly” (penis) in it. The stone represents her face.
• Wearing the king’s ring: (1) The dreamer will be given a province. (2) The dreamer will succeed his father. (3) In case the dreamer has no father or if his father is dead, the reverse of what he wishes will happen or he will be given a useless province.
• A ruler dreaming that his ring has been taken away from him by force: (1) Will be deposed. (2) Will divorce.
• A concave but solid, not hollow, ring: Welfare (invariably).
• Hollow rings that are filled or in which something could be hidden: (1) Wickedness and plots or assassinations (as something is concealed in them). Aspirations to something great and many benefits because their size is bigger than their weight, says Ibn Siren.
• A tight ring: Relief and comfort.
• Finding a ring: (1) The dreamer will receive money from foreigners. (2) The dreamer will get married. (3) The dreamer will have a boy child.
• Obtaining a ring with carvings on it: The dreamer will own something for the first time, such as a house, something to ride, a woman, or a slave, or will have a boy.
• A ring with a gemstone: Power, influence, prestige, charisma, good renown, money, and other riches.
• A ring with a beryl, chrysolite, or peridot stone: (1) Strength courage, and fearsome authority. (2) A well-educated, polite, and pious boy.
• A ring with a bead: Weak and humiliating authority. A ring with a green ruby: A devout, shrewd, and knowledgeable boy will be born to the dreamer.
• Seeing the stone in one’s ring moving: Power and authority are about to wither away. Isolation is forthcoming.
• The ring’s stone falling: (1) Death of a son. (2) Partial losses.
• The ring falling apart and disappearing and only the stone remaining: A reference to the dreamer’s name, reputation, and beauty.
• A woman dreaming that her ring has been taken away by force: (1) Death of her husband. (2) Death of her next-of-kin.
• A bachelor dreaming that he has a ring: He will have a woman.
• Rings being sold in the market: Notables or leaders are selling their assets.
• Wearing a ring on one’s little finger, then taking it off to put it on another one: The dreamer is sleeping with a second woman or driving women to his wife and advocating debauchery.
• Seeing one’s ring that was on the little finger passing to the ring finger and onto the middle finger without having done anything to change its position: The dreamer is betrayed by his wife.
• Selling one’s ring for money or bartering it for wheat or sesame: The dreamer will part from his wife after talking nicely to her or giving her a financial indemnity.
| || |