Wedding Dream Explanation — • On the contrary, a wedding party in which dancing or any form of entertainment takes place heralds a tragedy. A particularly bad omen is the zaghrouda, the strident, long-drawn, and trilling shrill produced by Arab women by moving the tongue with the rapidity of the drumstick of an electric bell as a manifestation of joy. One zaghrouda means minor worries.
• A person giving a wedding party: Catastrophe.
• Being invited to a wedding ceremony: Joy and happiness, provided no food or banquet is seen.
• Organizing or looking after the preparations of a wedding party: Some members of the dreamer’s family will attend his funeral.
• If the wedding ceremony takes place in a house where a person is ill: The latter will die.
Reciting Surah Nahl Dream Explanation — The one who reads it in his dream, his rizq will be safeguarded. He will be included amongst the party of the beloved Prohet (Sallallaahu-alayhi-wasallam) even though he did not witness his company.
Wedding Dream Explanation — There are conflicting views on this symbol. In general, a wedding ceremony is not a happy dream. But all depends on whether the person is holding it or is invited to it and on whether the party is silent or tumultuous.
• A quiet sophisticated wedding: Welfare and blessings, especially if traditionally good symbols are seen.
Contract Dream Explanation — In a dream, a contract represents a necklace of pearls, a marriage contract, a prenuptial agreement or a business agreement. A contract in a dream also could signify a covenant or making a bond with the other signing party. (Also see Knot; Pledge of allegiance)
Greeting with Salaam Dream Explanation — Saying Salaam to a known person means marriage will be proposed to such a person for oneself, one's son or another party. If the other person responds to the Salaam, it means the proposal will be accepted. Otherwise, not. But if he is not known to him it means that he any get married in a foreign land.
Satan Dream Explanation — • Being touched by a party of devils as the dreamer is busy mentioning God: He has plenty of enemies who are after his blood in view of the Quranic verse: “Lo! those who ward off (evil), when a glamour from the Devil troubleth them, they do but remember (Allah’s guidance) and behold them seers!” (“Al-Aaraf’ [The Heights], verse 201.)
• Satan appearing happy, elated: The dreamer is giving way to his own passions.
Sorcerer Dream Explanation — • A congregation of witches for a specific purpose: Beware of enemies.
• Dreaming that a sorcerer has done something for which he ought to be thanked: The dreamer will be blamed for his corruption. The reverse is also true.
• Casting a spell on someone out of love and passion: Either party will take possession of the other’s mind.
• A sorcerer using an apple in his witchcraft: The dreamer is tempting and misleading his son.
• Using a butterfly in witchcraft: The victim is a woman.
Safflower Dream Explanation — (Dyestuff; Orange) Safflower in a dream represents a pleasant party that will be interrupted or followed by bad news. Safflower in a dream also represents one's working tools, a war proclamation, the defeat of those who call for a war, and women's role in provoking a fight. If safflower is planted around the thorny tragacanth plant (bot. Astragalus) in a dream, it means receiving overwhelming benefits one did not anticipate.
Policeman Dream Explanation — (Crocodile; Guardian; Mercury; Thunder; Watchman) A policeman in a dream represents security and peace, prayers, a secret friendship, a hidden love, protection against Satan or his party, or perhaps he may represent one's guardian dog. A policeman in a dream also represents the angel of death, a fright, or distress. If a policeman brings his helpers with him in a dream, it means a scare, sorrows, sufferings, punishment, or a danger.
Injustice Dream Explanation — It is the one who committed injustice in the dream who will suffer in reality. The other party will triumph. This is due to two verses in the Holy Quran: “… O mankind! your injustice (fraught with insolence) is against your own souls,—An enjoyment of the life of the Present: In the end, to Us is your return, and We shall show you the truth of all that ye did.” (“Yunus” [Jonah], verse 23); “… And whoso hath retaliated with the like of that which he was made to suffer and then hath (again) been wronged, Allah will succour him….” (“Al-Hajj” [The Pilgrimage], verse 60.)
Preacher Dream Explanation — (Khatib; Sermon) A preacher delivering his sermon in a dream represents purity, submission, repentance, crying, rising in station, longevity, mixing with a fellowship of believers, commanding what is good and forbidding what is evil, celebrations, weddings, or anniversary meetings. If an unwed woman sees him in her dream, it means that she will get married through a third party involvement. The same goes for an unwed man, or it could indicate his search for a wife. If a suitable person sees himself being a preacher in a dream, it means that he will be appointed to manage a sensitive position of authority.
Missile launcher Dream Explanation — (Ballista; Battering ram; Mangonel) Seeing a mangonel or a missile launcher for hurling heavy stones in a dream means calumny, slander and a false accusation of fornication, untruth, or deceit. A missile launcher in a dream also means victory for the oppressed and destruction for the unjust ones. If the commander who is operating the missile launcher in the dream is a ruler, then it means that he will write a letter with strong words to the other party. The stone or the missile itself represents the messenger, or the carrier of such a letter.
Greetings Dream Explanation — If one sees himself shaking hands with someone, then embracing him in a dream, it means that he will receive glad tidings, good news, hear good words to which his reply will be the same, or it could mean a knowledge he will teach to others. If one sees himself shaking hands and embracing his enemy in a dream, it means that their disagreement will cease. If one sees the angels greeting him in a dream, it means that his insight will grow. Greetings in a dream represent submissiveness, surrender, or the need for a reply concerning an interest one has with the other party.
Sodomy Dream Explanation — • Being sodomized by an animal: The dreamer will be over chivalrous.
• Having sex with or sodomizing an unknown mammal or bird: Victory over an enemy and the dreamer will unduly wrench financial benefits from the vanquished.
• Having sex with or sodomizing an identified animal: The dreamer will be good to an undeserving party and should not expect a reward.
• Having sex with or sodomizing one’s male slave, subordinate, subject, or nation: Escape from trouble and increase in property and wealth (or realm, if the dreamer is a king or a ruler). Or perhaps the dreamer will have more children. The reverse means that the dreamer is underestimated, disregarded, or taken lightly, especially if in the dream he was sodomized by his slave or servant.
Love Dream Explanation — • Being fond of or in love with someone: The mind is absent and religious tenets are neglected. However, the same dream could have different interpretations depending on the subject. For a scholar this dream would mean that he will lead people astray and tempt them with his rhetoric. For a small man, it would mean that he would rise, prove his worth and the relevance of his thoughts, and become famous and that his religious faith will be enhanced, earning him the best of two worlds. For a new convert to Islam he would further his knowledge of that religion and his faith would be strengthened. However, if he had broken the resistance of his beloved one and made love, either party is in danger of being flogged in reality. In case the love partner was his wife and he had sodomized her, it would mean that he might commit perjury (break an oath).
Witness Dream Explanation — (Eyewitness; Legitimacy; Testify; Truth) An eyewitness in a dream means triumphing over one's enemy, testifying to the truth and refuting falsehood. If one sees himself as a true signing witness to an agreement in a dream, it means that he will triumph over his enemies. If one sees himself witnessing a contract or putting his seal on a testimony in a dream, it means that he will loan money to the second party in the contract. If one sees himself bearing a true testimony before someone and against the other in a dream, it means that he will attend the pilgrimage in Mecca.
Apple Dream Explanation — • Picking, gathering, owning, or eating apples: Success in the dreamer’s field. Sweet apples mean honest gains. Sour ones represent sinful earnings.
• Eating an apple: Eating up money in a way as to become the talk of the town.
• Picking an apple: Will obtain money and praise from an honest man.
• Smelling an apple in a mosque: Will get married.
• A woman smelling an apple in a party or at an orgy: Will become the center of a scandal.
• A woman eating an apple in a place she knows: Will give birth to a good boy.
Sugar cane Dream Explanation — (Cane; Juice; Reeds) In a dream, sugar cane means toiling and suffering, rambling, or clamor in the area in which it is seen in a dream. Sugar cane in a dream also could represent a noble lineage, acquiring an honorable knowledge, or earning a spiritual advancement. Sugar cane in a dream also represents chaste and noble women or pious men. If one sees a field of sugar cane planted in inadequate terrain, then means destruction, ruin, or archaeological excavations that will lead to exposing the past and exhuming the dead, or it could mean a wailing party of women showing their grief and sorrow.
Adultery Dream Explanation — • Committing adultery with the wife of a person known to the dreamer: The dreamer wants to take a bite at his fortune.
• Sleeping with somebody else’s wife while the husband is present and raises no objection: That man will entrust the dreamer with the responsibility of looking after his household.
• Dreaming of reading the Quranic verse: “The adulterer and the adulteress, scourge ye each one of them (with) a hundred stripes. And let not pity for the twain withhold you from obedience to Allah, if ye believe in Allah and the Last Day. And let a party of believers witness their punishment” (“Al-Nur” [Light], verse 02): The dreamer is an adulterer or an adulteress.
• Seeing a man flirting with a married woman: That man is coveting her husband.
• Entering a place where adultery occurs or is in vogue and being unable to get out of it: Will die fast.
Coat of mail Dream Explanation — A coat of mail also represents one's son who is strong and capable, who suffices himself and helps his father. Wearing a coat of mail in a dream is a blessing and a favor one receives from a third party who will support him and defend him under all circumstances. Wearing one in a dream means protection for one's wife, properties and interests. If a woman sees herself wearing a coat of mail in a dream, it means a husband and protection. It also could mean a supporting brother, a compassionate son, money, clothing or strong supporters. Wearing a suit of mail in a dream also means having a strong son, or it could mean travels.