Ripe Dream Explanation — (See Fresh)
Appetite Dream Explanation — (Sated; Saturation; To eat one's fill) In a dream, to eat one's fill means fidgety or restlessness. If one sees himself satiated with food and could not eat any more in a dream, it means changing of his condition, losing rank, losing business, or his death. This interpretation is applicable unless one finds in his dream extra space to fill with food, then the dream means that his lot in this world will equal the size of that remaining space.
Incident - The Moon merging in Alcyone Dream Explanation — Once Imam Ibn Sirin was sitting to eat his lunch when a woman came and said: "I saw a dream." Ibn Sirin replied: "Would you let me eat first, or would you like me to stop and listen to your dream?" The woman said: "Eat first," and she sat waiting for him. During the course of his meal, Ibn Sirin said to the woman: "Tell me your dream." The woman said: "I saw the moon merging in Alcyone." (The brightest star of the constellation Taurus, arb. Thurayya. See Alcyone.) The woman continued: "A voice then said to me: 'Go to Ibn Sirin, and tell him your dream.'"
Harvest Dream Explanation — • Plants being harvested in the marketplace: The people will make plenty of benefits and become prosperous and happy.
• The people of the area themselves, not any strangers, harvesting at the mosque or a similar place: Blessings and rewards.
• Harvesting in the fields when the plants are ripe: Good dream or it means that pests will attack the cultivated areas.
Sheep Dream Explanation — • Seeing a skinned ram or any of its limbs at one’s place: Someone will die there.
• Having sex with a ewe: Will obtain undue money and have a fertile but uneventful year.
• Slaughtering a ewe: Will have sex with or marry a woman.
• A ewe giving birth to a baby sheep: Fertility and prosperity.
• A ewe entering a house: A fertile year is ahead.
• Ewe fat: A woman’s wealth. Therefore, slaughtering a ewe to eat its meat means one will inherit from one’s wife and eat-up her wealth. A pregnant ewe: The dreamer is aspiring to something.
• A ewe assaulting the dreamer to rape him: The dreamer’s wife is cheating him.
Extracting oils from seeds Dream Explanation — (Grinding; Pressing) Grinding or pressing nuts or seeds to extract their oils or butter in a dream means money and prosperity. Pressing ripe olives in a dream represents one's homeland. Pressing olives for their oil in a dream means relief from burdens or overcoming adversities, or it could represent true scholars, satisfying one's carnal desires, engaging in wrongdoing, receiving guidance, seeing the light, walking away from darkness into light, or it could represent one's earnings or benefits.
Holy Book Dream Explanation — If one sees himself spreading the pages of the Holy Book on a flat surface in a dream, it means that he is seeking wisdom which he will get, or that he may receive an inheritance. If one sees himself putting the Holy Book over his shoulders in a dream, it means that he will receive an appointment, or be entrusted with a duty to guard, or that he will memorize the Holy Quran. If one finds himself trying to eat the pages of the Holy Book in a dream, it means that he is a regular reader of the Quran. If one sees himself trying to eat the pages of the holy Book but is unable to do so in a dream, it means that he tries to memorize the Holy Quran from time to time but keeps forgetting what he learns. (Also see Quran)
Flesh Dream Explanation — Views on certain items of this chapter are widely divided and sometimes diametrically opposed. For instance, according to Al-Nabulsi:
• Eating somebody’s flesh: Will speak ill of such a person in his absence.
• Eating one’s own flesh: Will eat up gains. According to Ibn Siren, will eat away savings or whatever is hoarded. For Ibn Shaheen:
• Eating human flesh: Financial gains in any case. If the person whose flesh is being eaten is known to the dreamer, the latter will take a bite at the victim’s purse or property. In case the dreamer is eating such flesh voraciously and with great appetite while blood is spilling imminent, unquestionable, and huge financial gains will be achieved.
Knife Dream Explanation — • Stealing the knife of an educator: The dreamer has a burning passion for one of his sons.
• Swallowing a knife: The dreamer will eat up part of the money of his son.
• A man whose wife is pregnant dreaming of having a knife: She will safely deliver a child, whether male or female depending on other signs in the dream. And so is the case with a spear.
• Being given a knife as a sole weapon: Will have a male child or find a brother or will enjoy welfare.
• A person on trial dreaming of wielding a knife: Will triumph as his evidence will prevail.
• Slaughtering with a knife: Will eat a slaughtered bird or animal.
• Lacerating one’s hands with a knife: Will see something spectacular.
• Holding a knife: Will obtain two hundred monetary units. If poor, only twenty-five.
Banana Dream Explanation — The banana tree symbolizes a rich, pious, and polite person. It is one of the noblest trees. Seeing bananas in a dream is a particularly good omen, because exception is made for that fruit by the ancient Arabs, regardless of its yellow color, which in other cases always symbolizes disease. It is a good dream even if the bananas are not ripe or taste sour.
• Eating bananas: (1) For a worldly person: Benefits and desires will be fulfilled. (2) For a religious individual: Stronger faith.
• A banana tree growing in a house: A male child will be born in that house.
Fig Dream Explanation — Paradoxically, some interpreters hate dreams involving figs in view of other Quranic verses relating to the story of Adam and Eve wherein God says, “And We said: O Adam! Dwell thou and thy wife in the Garden, and eat ye freely [of the fruits] thereof where ye will; but come not nigh this tree lest ye become wrongdoers” (“Al-Baqarah” [The Heifer], verse 35) and “And [unto man]: O Adam! Dwell thou and thy wife in the Garden and eat from whence ye will, but come not nigh this tree lest ye become wrongdoers.” (“Al-Aaraf’ [The Heights], verse 19.) Green figs in winter symbolize rain, black figs cold.
• Eating figs: Will produce plenty of children.
• Eating a few figs: Benefits without fraud.
Fresh produce Dream Explanation — (Damp; Food; Humid; Produce; Ripe; Tender) Fresh vegetables or fruits in a dream and in their season represent a political appointment in a populated village or a small town. Eating fresh produce out of season in a dream means an illness. As for a merchant, eating fresh produce in a dream means profits and plenitude. Fresh or ripened fruits in a dream represent glad tidings, spiritual awareness, victory over one's enemy, chastity, lawful earnings or absence of trouble. Eating a ripened fruit out of season in a dream also may mean a miraculous recovery from illness and a blessing.
Human Flesh Dream Explanation — If cooked or roasted it symbolises wealth. If uncooked it means backbiting –if eaten. For Allah Taala says; Would any of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? Nay, you will abhor it.
Acquiring But Not Eating the Fruits of Jannah Dream Explanation — Acquiring the fruits of Jannah but not eating them or not having the ability to eat them means he will acquire deen but he will not profit from it . Sometimes a dream of this nature could also mean that he will acquire the knowledge of Deen which not benefit him in any way.
Baldness Dream Explanation — (Alopecia; Baldheadedness; Balding; Hairless) In a dream, baldness means loss of job or falling in rank. If one sees himself bald-headed in a dream, it means that his superior will lose money in business to the authorities or by a fire that will eat up his property. It also can be interpreted as becoming needy, or if he is indebted, it means that he will pay off his loan.
Barley Dream Explanation — • Owning or eating barley: (1) Health and wealth. Dreaming of barley is better than dreaming of wheat. (2) An allusion to a son whose life will be short, because, according to Ibn Siren, barley is what Jesus Christ used to eat.
Lemon Dream Explanation — Eating a lemon in a dream means blame or falling sick. However, if one sees a lemon and does not eat it in the dream, then it means money. Giving someone a lemon in a dream means criticizing him, or it could mean a bust, total loss, or a bad deal. (Also see Lemon tree; Lemon; Tree)
Hospitality Dream Explanation — (Dinner; Food) In a dream, hospitality means getting together for a charitable cause or to perform good deeds. If one invites people for a dinner and they eat to full satisfaction in the dream, it means that he will preside over them. Preparing a guest room in one's house in a dream means the arrival of a long awaited traveller. (Also see Food; Guest; Invitation; Table)
Leech Dream Explanation — (Bloodsucker; Sponger) In a dream, a leech represents the grave's worms that eat one's flesh, or it could denote one's own children. If a leech falls from one's nose in a dream, it means that his wife will have a miscarriage. Leech in a dream also represent a base and a despicable enemy.
Zebra Dream Explanation — • Introducing a zebra in your house: A vain and irreligious person will mix with your family.
• Bringing a zebra to your house as prey to eat: Welfare and booty.
• Eating zebra meat or drinking its milk: Will acquire plenty of slaves or servants through an honest agent.