| |Kabah - Perhaps From Kubos, In Greek, Meaning “cube” Dream Explanation
— The holiest shrine for Muslims. A small, rectangular building made of gray stones in the court of the Grand Mosque at Mecca (Makkah) that contains remnants of the statues or idols that were worshiped in the pre-Islamic era, it is one of the goals of Islamic pilgrimage and the point toward which Muslims turn in praying. It is said to have been built by the Prophet Abraham, to whom the Archangel Gabriel gave the mysterious black stone placed in one of its corners at one and a half meters from the ground. Lucky pilgrims touch and/or kiss that stone. The Kabah symbolizes: (1) The Holy Quran, the imam, the mosque, Islam, the Tradition of the Muslims Holy Prophet, the father, et cetera. (2) A head of state. (3) A prime minister or a minister. (4) A chief.
• Seeing the Kabah: (1) Will get married. (2) Will visit or enter it. (3) Will do something good. (4) Will refrain from some evil deed.
• Praying at or inside the Kabah: Will have a conversation with chiefs and notables and be prosperous and secure as well as a well-doer.
• Taking something from the Kabah: Will obtain something from the ruler or chief, as the Kabah, in any dream, symbolizes the supreme authority in the state.
• One of the walls of the Kabah falling: The king will die.
• Heading toward the Kabah: The dreamer will become more religious.
• Stealing a pomegranate from the Kabah: The dreamer will have sex with a prohibited relative.
• Praying over the Kabah: The dreamer will become an apostate.
• Overstepping the Kabah: The dreamer is not following in the footsteps of the Holy Prophet and is mixing with the frivolous people or embracing their strange or alien sects.
• Seeing the Kabah in one’s house: The dreamer will marry an honest lady.
Roof Dream Explanation
— In a dream, a roof
represents a noble and a well respected woman or man. If one sees himself running on top of a roof
in a dream, it means that he will be struck with a calamity. Sitting on top of a roof
in a dream during the summertime means comfort, dispelling aggravations, recovering from an illness, or divulging secrets.
Roof gutter Dream Explanation
— (See Gutter; Roof)
Gargoyle - Or Roof Gutter Dream Explanation
— The gargoyle symbolizes a companion, sometimes well known; girls—free, slave, or servant—the boys that look after the place; relief, for it brings about relief by draining rainwater's; the messenger; and the honest person who never betrays or fails anyone, but gives everyone his due.
• Seeing gargoyles or drainage facilities but no rainwater therein: Dissension and conspiracies. Every gargoyle alludes to a neck that will be cut.
• Clean water flowing in the drainage facilities: Prosperity and security for the people of the area.
• Troubled or stinking water running in the gargoyles: Ailments and diseases, particularly cold sores, boils, smallpox, and the like.
• Blood flowing in the gargoyles: An enemy will conduct a bloodbath in the area.
• Seeing Meezab Al Rahmah, the Gargoyle of Mercy, in a mosque, a house, or a well-known place should be interpreted as the Zamzam Well (see that name), especially if people benefit from the water flowing from it.
• Standing under Meezab Al Rahmah: Will enjoy God’s mercy, particularly if healthy and pure water pours from it. In case the water was troubled, the reverse would apply.
Falling into the Well Dream Explanation
— Climbing down into the well falling
into it means he will be afflicted with grief and sorrow but will eventually witness happiness and joy due to his victory. This is in the light of the story of Hazrath Yusuf (AS).
A Door Falling Dream Explanation
— A door seen falling
indicates that the beholder will first become ill then regain his health.
Falling from an Ass Dream Explanation
— If a person sees himself as mounting and riding an ass and then falling
of it means his good condition will take a sudden turn for the worse. Perhaps he will die.
Falling Stars Dream Explanation
— Stars falling
from the sky signifies that if the observer of the dream is wealthy, he will lose all his wealth and become a destitute. And if he is a destitute, he will die as a martyr.
A Brick Falling from a Wall Dream Explanation
— A brick falling
from a wall means a male or female member of his family will either get lost or run away or pass away.
Falling in deep waters Dream Explanation
— (See Deep waters)
Fall Dream Explanation
in a dream means despair or disappointment, or it could mean a mistake that cannot be covered. Falling
in a dream also means changing conditions from good to bad, or a marriage failure and changing of spouse. It also means changing profession, country or religion. Falling
in a dram also projects the reverse effects and produces positive results if what one falls over is pasture, or if he falls upon a good community or to join a banquet or the like effects, then it may have a positive meaning
. On the other hand, falling
into the hand of a bad company, or into a beast's den, etcetera, means evil consequences, or it could mean stinginess. If one sees himself falling
down from the roof
of his house, and if he breaks an arm or a leg in the dream, then it reflects a psychological distress, adverse financial conditions, breaking of a friendship or it may mean suffering from persecution by the local authorities.
Ceiling Dream Explanation
— A ceiling in a dream represents a well respected person. If it is made of wood, then it represents a fallacious and a deceptive person. If the ceiling looks as if it were going to cave over one's head in a dream, it means being afraid of someone in authority. If consequently some dirt falls over his shirt from the ceiling in the dream, it means that he will receive money in compensation for his pain and sufferings. If the central pillar that holds the ceiling cracks and falls in the dream, it means the death of the man of that house. If the ceiling collapses in the dream, it means the death of the man of that house. If one hides under a roof
in a dream, it means that he will enter his house and rob his family's belongings. If water is leaking from one's ceiling in a dream, it means crying in that house for the sake of a departed soul or crying because of a sick person in that family. If rain dissolves the ceiling in a dream, it means loss of money and falling-out from grace. If one sees himself standing on the ceiling of his house and cannot come down in the dream, it means his imprisonment. In a dream, the central beam that carries the ceiling represents a hypocrite who supports the business of an alliance of profiteers. Should the central beam break down and fall in the dream, it means that such a person will be removed from his office. If the ceiling falls over someone's head in a dream, it means that punishment and sufferings will befall him too. If one sees the stars under the roof
of his house in a dream, it means that his ceiling may actually cave-in. (Also see Cave-in)
Home Dream Explanation
— The distinction is very vague in Arabic between the words dar and bayt, both meaning
“house” or “home.” But after consulting a knowledgeable colleague (a Moroccan ambassador and man of letters), the author assumes that dar is more likely to mean a house as a structure or an apartment block and bayt a room, an apartment, or simply home. However, in the ancient Arab texts the writer often jumps from one meaning
to another, and I have taken real pain trying to disentangle them, as usual. Home symbolizes the man’s wife sheltered under his roof
and to whom he goes, whence the expression “He went home.” Therefore, home and wife are synonyms. The door is her vagina or her face, the closet or the safe a maiden, like the dreamer’s daughter, whom he does not penetrate, as they are covered or hidden places in which he does not sleep. The servants quarters symbolize the servant (s). The place where cereals are stored is the mother, who used to keep the dreamer alive and let him grow by feeding him milk. The toilet represents those servants who are in charge of cleaning and washing or the dreamer’s wife, whom he embraces and penetrates when isolated, i.e., away from his children and the rest of the household.
• Looking from the kowwa (a kind of small window in old houses): The dreamer is in the habit of contemplating his wife’s vagina or ass.
• Seeing a large private apartment made of clay or concrete in one’s home that was not there before: A good woman will enter the house. If the apartment is plastered or made of bricks, an obscene and hypocritical woman will appear.
Chandelier Dream Explanation
— In a dream, a chandelier represents a person of firm and resolute standing. The falling
of a chandelier means death or falling
prices for that year.
Planet Dream Explanation
— The planets symbolize rulers, scholars, notables, and noble or rich people. Small planets that emit a weak light represent the slaves, nannies, and public. Planets associated with winter mean trouble and worries. Summer planets herald welfare and nice living.
• Bright planets assembled at the dreamer’s house: Leaders will meet at his place.
• Dull planets assembled at the dreamer’s house: Nobles will meet at the dreamer’s place for some tragic matter.
• Seeing plenty of planets at one’s place: The dreamer will have plenty of children.
• Seeing a bright and shining planet: Joy and happiness, and people will turn to the dreamer for help.
• Planets coming together to shed light: The dreamer will travel and earn money or return from a trip in high spirits.
• Observing a huge twinkling planet: Welfare, influence, and knowledge.
• Holding a planet in one’s hand: The dreamer will be blessed with an honest son.
• Holding small planets: Fame and influence.
• Stealing a planet: The dreamer will steal something valuable.
• A gigantic planet falling: Death of a chief.
• Planets disappearing from the sky: (1) If the dreamer is rich, money will go. (2) If he is poor, he will die.
• Seeing a planet on one’s head: The dreamers will become famous and have an edge over others by serving a noble person.
• Riding on a planet: Benefits, welfare, power, influence, and leadership.
• Planets under the ceiling: (1) Home will be destroyed (as, the home having no roof
anymore, the planets could be seen from within the house). (2) The owner of the house will die.
• Eating planets: The dreamer is eating up people’s money and destroying them, except if he is a scientist or an astronomer, in which case it would mean that he will do something great and be better off. The crowd eating planets means death.
• Swallowing planets without chewing them: (1) Noble people will mingle in the dreamer’s business and secrets. (2) The dreamer will die.
• Planets falling: The dreamer will lose his hair and become bald.
• A planet falling
in a place: A tragedy will befall a notable in that place.
• Planets falling
and sprinkling: (1) Death of great kings. (2) War in which many soldiers will perish.
• Small planets falling: Death of unknown, weak, or persecuted people.
• Seeing planets during the day: Scandals, major events, and catastrophes.
• Seeing the morning planet: A harbinger of marriage. Seeing it at one’s place on a dark night means that the dreamer himself will get married, and vice versa.
• Becoming a planet: The dreamer will get rich.
Incident Dream Explanation
— God's Prophet, upon whom be peace, once said: "Last night, I saw in a dream that we were visiting the house of 'Uqbah bin Rafi'; then Ratib Ibn Tab came and joined us. I interpret it to mean that we will rise in honor in this world and in the hereafter and that our religion will be firmly established." Thus, he took from the name Rafi' the meaning
of honor and exaltation and from the name of Ratib Ibn Tab the meaning
of a blessed religion.
Gutter Dream Explanation
— (Drain pipe; Gutter of Mercy; Roof
gutter) In a dream, a gutter represents someone who is gracious from time to time. Seeing water flowing through gutters without a rainfall in a dream means corruption, or people who are spreading evil in that locality. Each gutter in such a dream also represents the loss of one life. Gutters in a dream also represent servants and housekeepers who faithfully manage their duties, or they could mean relief from distress or pressures. A gutter in a dream also may represent a trustworthy emissary or a reliable letter carrier. If blood flows through a gutter in a dream, then it represents a tyrant and bloodshed that will take place in that locality. If fresh water flows through it, and if people seem to benefit from it in the dream, then it represents economic growth, peace, safety and tranquillity. If murky water or odorous and filthy water flows through it in a dream, it means plagues that include ulcers, tumors and smallpox. (Also see Gutter of Mercy; Roof)
Star Dream Explanation
— Stars symbolize people. Those that have a masculine name represent men; those with a feminine name allude to women. Big ones refer to notables, small ones to youths, children, or slaves. The ones the Arabs used as guiding marks when they moved in the desert are the Prophet Muhammad’s companions. Stars that had once upon a time been worshipped instead of God and were thus metamorphosed, says Ibn Siren, like the Dog Star or Sirius, Venus, and Canopus, symbolize irreligious and evil persons. For a king, the stars are his soldiers and followers; for a bride or a bridegroom the stars are her or his entourage.
• Stars falling
on earth or in the sea or burning out: Bloodshed and killings.
• Manipulating or seizing the stars and putting them on one’s knees: The dreamer will become a leader, a judge, or a king, if eligible. Otherwise, he will become an astronomer.
• Stars falling
on the head of a sick person: (1) He will die. (2) He will be assailed by creditors.
• A star falling
on a pregnant woman: She will give birth to a male or female child, depending on whether the star in question had a masculine or feminine name. It could also mean that the lady will die if there are other signs to this effect in the dream.
• Seeing stars in daylight: Scandals and notoriety, major events, catastrophes, ‘failure to find suitors for one’s daughters, et cetera.
• Stars assembled and twinkling at one’s place: Joy and happiness or notables will celebrate a happy occasion at the dreamer’s house.
• Using the stars as guiding marks: The dreamer is observing the Tradition of the Muslims Holy Prophet.
• Stealing a star from the sky: The dreamer will steal something dangerous from a king and cause the doom of an honest man.
• Turning into a star: Dignity and honour.
• Seeing Canopus: The dreamer will be unlucky to the end of life.
• Seeing Venus or Jupiter: The dreamer will be well received by people.
• Riding on a star: The dreamer will have power and influence and plenty of blessings.
• Stars disappearing from the sky: The dreamer’s fortune will be lost. If already poor, he will die.
• Seeing stars under one’s roof: Bad omen. Home will be destroyed and the dreamer himself will die.
• Eating stars: The dreamer will eat up people’s money.
• Destroying stars without eating them: Notables will mingle in the dreamer’s business and uncover his secrets. He might also be insulting the companions of the Muslims Holy Prophet.
• Sucking the stars: The dreamer will learn science from wise men.
An Uncontrollable Horse Dream Explanation
— If a horse is seen as going out of control in a confined area such as the top of a wall or roof
or within the four walls of a masjid it means his honour and dignity will be tarnished. Perhaps he will commit a sin or crime of a serious nature.
Ascending in the skies Dream Explanation
— (Climbing; Rising) To see oneself ascending in the skies in a dream means falling
in rank, or it could mean oppressing oneself. If one sees himself ascending in the skies until he reaches the stars, merges with them and if he becomes a star in the dream, it means that he will receive titles and powers. If one sees himself ascending a mountain it means depression, stress and travels. However, rising in a dream means elevation of status, and descending means a backslide. If one sees himself walking up a steep road in a dream, it means rising in status, but involving toiling and hardships. If one sees himself climbing a mountain, then the mountain in a dream is interpreted as one's goal. Thus, one's dream may mean attaining one's goal as far as he reaches in his climb. In dream interpretation, any ascent of a mountain, a trail, a hill, an elevation or even climbing a roof
means attaining one's goal or satisfying one's needs. To see oneself climbing flat on his back in a dream then means uncalled for, or unnecessary hardship. (Also see Air; Ascent; Climbing a mountain; Flying)
| || |