| |Rat Dream Explanation
— A rat
in one's house in a dream means that he will emigrate from one land to another. If the person seeing the dream owns a house, it means that he will sell it. Rats in one's house in a dream also represent thieves one must guard his house against, or that he must guard himself against the betrayal of a close acquaintance. Eating a rat
in a dream means backbiting others, or earning unlawful money. In general, rats in a dream represent insolence, causing damage, fornication, adverse marital conditions, or problems in the upbringing of one's children. Catching a rat
in a dream means suffering from humiliation and despise.
Kabah - Perhaps From Kubos, In Greek, Meaning “cube” Dream Explanation
— The holiest shrine for Muslims. A small, rectangular building made of gray stones in the court of the Grand Mosque at Mecca (Makkah) that contains remnants of the statues or idols that were worshiped in the pre-Islamic era, it is one of the goals of Islamic pilgrimage and the point toward which Muslims turn in praying. It is said to have been built by the Prophet Abraham, to whom the Archangel Gabriel gave the mysterious black stone placed in one of its corners at one and a half meters from the ground. Lucky pilgrims touch and/or kiss that stone. The Kabah symbolizes: (1) The Holy Quran, the imam, the mosque, Islam, the Tradition of the Muslims Holy Prophet, the father, et cetera. (2) A head of state. (3) A prime minister or a minister. (4) A chief.
• Seeing the Kabah: (1) Will get married. (2) Will visit or enter it. (3) Will do something good. (4) Will refrain from some evil deed.
• Praying at or inside the Kabah: Will have a conversation with chiefs and notables and be prosperous and secure as well as a well-doer.
• Taking something from the Kabah: Will obtain something from the ruler or chief, as the Kabah, in any dream, symbolizes the supreme authority in the state.
• One of the walls of the Kabah falling: The king will die.
• Heading toward the Kabah: The dreamer will become more religious.
• Stealing a pomegranate from the Kabah: The dreamer will have sex with a prohibited relative.
• Praying over the Kabah: The dreamer will become an apostate.
• Overstepping the Kabah: The dreamer is not following in the footsteps of the Holy Prophet and is mixing with the frivolous people or embracing their strange or alien sects.
• Seeing the Kabah in one’s house: The dreamer will marry an honest lady.
Tail Dream Explanation
— Having a tail
in a dream means having a following of people or students.
A Horse Having a Long or Short Tail Dream Explanation
— A hose with a long tail
means a person will have many followers while a horse with a short or cut tail
means he will have less followers.
Incident Dream Explanation
— God's Prophet, upon whom be peace, once said: "Last night, I saw in a dream that we were visiting the house of 'Uqbah bin Rafi'; then Ratib Ibn Tab came and joined us. I interpret it to mean that we will rise in honor in this world and in the hereafter and that our religion will be firmly established." Thus, he took from the name Rafi' the meaning
of honor and exaltation and from the name of Ratib Ibn Tab the meaning
of a blessed religion.
Body Dream Explanation
— • Being fat and strong: Strong religious faith.
• Seeing one’s body as that of a snake: The dreamer does not conceal his hostility or animosity.
• Having the tail
of a sheep: The dreamer has a lucky son who will survive him.
• Seeing one’s body made of iron or stone: Will die.
• An increase in the body without harm: Greater prosperity.
Crupper Dream Explanation
— (A leather loop passing under a horse's tail
and is buckled to the saddle.) In a dream, a crupper represents a contemptuous and a lowly guardian who profiteers and takes advantage of his position. A crupper in a dream also represents a servant who has a secret affair with his mistress. A crupper in a dream also means money or a money belt.
Incident Dream Explanation
— The governor of Alexandria was tried once with extreme attachment and love for his five children. All five were steadfast in their religious commitment. One night, the governor saw in a dream as though his five fingers were cut off. He woke up extremely disturbed and told his five children his dream. The children called in a dream interpreter called Sheikh Yusuf Al-Karbouni at once. After hearing the dream, Shaikh Yusuf, God bless his soul, smiled and said: "It is not like you think, but if I tell you the meaning
of your dream, you must give me a good reward." The governor thus obliged. Shaikh Yusuf, then said: "Are you negligent of your five times prayers?" The governor replied in the affirmative. Shaikh Yusuf continued: "This the meaning
of your dream, so repent to God Almighty, and be steadfast in your religion."
Mouse Dream Explanation
— The mouse symbolizes the dreamer’s household: those who dwell in his house—his wife and children, et cetera—a debauched woman, or, some say, a devilish Jewish woman or a Jew, as related by Al-Nabulsi. It could also refer to a thief. Many mice means profit and welfare. Mice of the same color allude to women. The rat
is a digging thief.
• Dreaming of a mouse playing in one’s house: Prosperity will increase because, according to the ancient Arabs, mice invade only those places that are prosperous. And only people who are not hungry can afford to play.
• Seeing mice in one’s house: Dangerous women will enter that house.
• A mouse leaving one’s house: Livelihood and blessings will decrease.
• Owning a mouse: Will have a servant because, like servants, mice share the food of the master.
• White and black mice coming and going: Long life, as the white indicate the days and the black the nights. To borrow the expressions of Ibn Siren, the black and white mice are the nights and days silently nibbling our life and body.
• Plenty of white and black mice in an inclined or jeopardized location or a well: Life will be shortened.
• Dreaming of a mouse during an afternoon nap: Will have a long life.
• Seeing a mouse in one’s clothes or bedding: Will have intercourse with an evil woman.
• A mouse gnawing on a person’s clothes: The time that passes and erodes everything.
• A mouse digging and searching: Beware of a searching thief.
• Killing a mouse: Will win over or subdue an evil or corrupt woman.
• Obtaining mouse skin: Will get some money, not much, from a debauched woman.
• Throwing arrows or stones at a mouse: Will backbite a licentious woman or exchange correspondence with her on an unholy matter.
• Catching a mouse: Will outsmart a woman and sleep with her. A man who saw himself penetrating a mouse and coming out with a date from its ass asked Ibn Siren about the meaning
of such a dream. “Are you married to a corrupt woman?” asked Ibn Siren. “Yes,” said the man. “She will give birth to a devout son.”
• A mouse coming out of one’s rectum: A thankless woman will get out of the dreamer’s life.
• A mouse coming out of the dreamer’s nose or penis: Wife will give birth to a corrupt and ungrateful girl.
Calamity Dream Explanation
— (Catastrophe; Destiny; Fate; Kismet) In a dream, calamity represents the opposite effect in real life, meaning
rejoicing after suffering from great distress.
Health Dream Explanation
— To take care of one's health in a dream means trying to amend one's life for the better. The same meaning
is applied if one sees himself applying an ointment to his eyes. (Also see Medicine; Physical fitness)
Research Dream Explanation
— Inciting someone to research, or to impel one's animal to drive faster in a dream means investigating the secrets of life after death, or explaining its meaning
. (Also see Impel)
Eating Roasted Meat Dream Explanation
— Eating roasted meat means that the observer of the dram will be given meager livelihood and will face much hardships an anxiety for, roasting is called shayyun in Arabic meaning
a wound. And a wound causes harm and grief.
Fat Dream Explanation
— (Grease; Lubrication; Money; Prosperity; Tallow) If one sees himself having a fat tail
like that of a sheep in a dream, it means that his livelihood will depend on the revenues of his offspring. If one eats the fat of a permissible animal (sheep, cattle, etcetera) in a dream, it means profits or owning a sizeable business. If one eats the fat of a non-permissible animal (beats, vultures, etcetera) in a dream, it means earning unlawful money, committing adultery, rejecting one's religion or fostering forbidden acts. Using fat as medicine in a dream means recovering from an illness. Fat in a dream also means joy, happiness or festivities. In general, fat in a dream also could be interpreted to mean clean money, or net profits from which nothing is wasted.
Orange, Bitter Dream Explanation
— The same interpretation applies to bitter orange as for citron or Adam’s apple. But the meaning
is more acute for both pros and cons. However, most interpreters resent the bitter orange in view of the fact that its Arabic name, naranj, comprises the sound nar, which means “fire.”
European Dream Explanation
— • Seeing Europeans (Arabic: Ferenj): Relief, success, and victory, because the Arabic word for it comprises the letters f, r, and j, which together give the sound faraj, meaning
• Becoming European: Will go heretic and become more tyrannical because, writes Ibn Shaheen, they are warriors and tyrants and they promote ignorance.26
Priest Dream Explanation
— Dreaming of being a priest means: The dreamer is extremely heretical.
• The dreamer will be praised by people but face extraordinary hardships, including hard living, fear, and terror, as the word for priest in Arabic is raheb, from rahba, meaning
“awe and terror.”
• The dreamer is shrewd and deceitful.
Home Dream Explanation
— The distinction is very vague in Arabic between the words dar and bayt, both meaning
“house” or “home.” But after consulting a knowledgeable colleague (a Moroccan ambassador and man of letters), the author assumes that dar is more likely to mean a house as a structure or an apartment block and bayt a room, an apartment, or simply home. However, in the ancient Arab texts the writer often jumps from one meaning
to another, and I have taken real pain trying to disentangle them, as usual. Home symbolizes the man’s wife sheltered under his roof and to whom he goes, whence the expression “He went home.” Therefore, home and wife are synonyms. The door is her vagina or her face, the closet or the safe a maiden, like the dreamer’s daughter, whom he does not penetrate, as they are covered or hidden places in which he does not sleep. The servants quarters symbolize the servant (s). The place where cereals are stored is the mother, who used to keep the dreamer alive and let him grow by feeding him milk. The toilet represents those servants who are in charge of cleaning and washing or the dreamer’s wife, whom he embraces and penetrates when isolated, i.e., away from his children and the rest of the household.
• Looking from the kowwa (a kind of small window in old houses): The dreamer is in the habit of contemplating his wife’s vagina or ass.
• Seeing a large private apartment made of clay or concrete in one’s home that was not there before: A good woman will enter the house. If the apartment is plastered or made of bricks, an obscene and hypocritical woman will appear.
Times in which Dreams are Most Potent Dream Explanation
— It must be borne in mind that the most authentic dreams are the ones observed in the latter part of the night and during Qayloolah (sleeping at midday ) and during the day. Dreams during the fruit-ripening season and fruit-selling season are also very potent. The most inopportune time wherein dreams hardly have any significant meaning
is during the winter season and when rain is imminent.
Basil Dream Explanation
— Basil blossoming in a garden symbolizes children. A bunch of basil refers to a woman. Basil having been cut off or displaced or having no smell alludes to a tragedy. The basil, like all aromatic plants, provided it has not been picked, also means blessings. Likewise, it refers to kingship, as its name in Persian is shah-sirm, shah meaning
| || |