| |Multiple spouses Dream Explanation
— (See Polygamy)
Kabah - Perhaps From Kubos, In Greek, Meaning “cube” Dream Explanation
— The holiest shrine for Muslims. A small, rectangular building made of gray stones in the court of the Grand Mosque at Mecca (Makkah) that contains remnants of the statues or idols that were worshiped in the pre-Islamic era, it is one of the goals of Islamic pilgrimage and the point toward which Muslims turn in praying. It is said to have been built by the Prophet Abraham, to whom the Archangel Gabriel gave the mysterious black stone placed in one of its corners at one and a half meters from the ground. Lucky pilgrims touch and/or kiss that stone. The Kabah symbolizes: (1) The Holy Quran, the imam, the mosque, Islam, the Tradition of the Muslims Holy Prophet, the father, et cetera. (2) A head of state. (3) A prime minister or a minister. (4) A chief.
• Seeing the Kabah: (1) Will get married. (2) Will visit or enter it. (3) Will do something good. (4) Will refrain from some evil deed.
• Praying at or inside the Kabah: Will have a conversation with chiefs and notables and be prosperous and secure as well as a well-doer.
• Taking something from the Kabah: Will obtain something from the ruler or chief, as the Kabah, in any dream, symbolizes the supreme authority in the state.
• One of the walls of the Kabah falling: The king will die.
• Heading toward the Kabah: The dreamer will become more religious.
• Stealing a pomegranate from the Kabah: The dreamer will have sex with a prohibited relative.
• Praying over the Kabah: The dreamer will become an apostate.
• Overstepping the Kabah: The dreamer is not following in the footsteps of the Holy Prophet and is mixing with the frivolous people or embracing their strange or alien sects.
• Seeing the Kabah in one’s house: The dreamer will marry an honest lady.
Egg Dream Explanation
— For medical doctors, gifted persons, and poultry farmers, eggs mean welfare. For the rest, few eggs mean benefits; many eggs means deep worries. Big eggs refer to boys and small ones to girls. For bachelors, eggs often symbolize marriage. For married people, eggs are the forerunners of childbirth. Eggs also represent hidden things.
• Eggs in a container: Slave or maiden girls, in view of the Quranic expression “[Pure] as they were hidden eggs [of the ostrich].” (“Al-Saffat” [Those Who Set the Ranks], verse 49.)
• The dreamer’s hen having laid an egg: Will be blessed with a male child.
• Cooked eggs without shells: Blessed gifts and benefits.
• Eating raw eggs: (1) Will accept dirty money. (2) Will be plagued by many worries. (3) Will commit a sin.
• Eating eggshells: The dreamer is a graverobber.
• Dreaming that wife has laid an egg: She will give birth to an atheist, in view of Quranic verses addressed to atheists and comprising examples of God’s might and miracles, such as: “… he bringeth forth the dead from the living” (“Al-Rum” [The Romans], verse 19.)
• Putting an egg
under a hen that cracks to give way to chicks: A dead matter will be revived, and a pious son will be born to the dreamer or as many sons as there were chicks, in view of the Quranic expression in the same verse: “He bringeth forth the living from the dead….”
• Placing eggs under a cock, which is hatched to give chicks: A tutor will arrive for the young boys.
• Breaking an egg: Will deflower a virgin. If the dreamer fails to break it, he won’t be able to pierce the hymen.
• A man whose wife is pregnant hitting an egg
once: He is ordering his wife to abort.
• Seeing someone else breaking an egg
and throwing it back to the dreamer: That man will deflower the dreamer’s daughter.
• Digging an egg
out of one’s sleeve: The dreamer will penetrate his nanny or slave and have a girl from her.
• Having plenty of raw eggs: The dreamer’s great wealth is in jeopardy.
• Seeing boiled eggs: The revival of a stalled or dead matter, which will yield quite a lot of money.
• Groping for eggs: Will squander or eat up the money of a woman.
• Eating eggs: Will marry a rich woman.
• A crane egg: A poor boy.
• A parrot egg: A pious maid or a maiden.
• Being given an egg: Will be blessed with an honest son. If the egg
was broken, the son would die.
• Shelling cooked eggs: Will obtain money from rulers.
• A bondsman or servant dreaming of receiving a boiled egg
from his mistress, shelling it, and eating it: He will bring up her child according to the instructions of her husband, which will provide a source of living for the dreamer.
Eating the Shell or White of the Egg Dream Explanation
— Eating the shell or white of the eggs but not the yolk
means he will usurp wealth belonging to the deceased or a slain person. It could also mean that he will dig up graves for the purpose of stealing the shroud (kafn) of the dead people.
Incident Dream Explanation
— A man said to Imam Ibn Seerin: "A man saw himself in a dream piercing eggs from the top, extracting the egg
white, and leaving the egg
yoke." Imam Ibn Seerin replied: "Let him come here and tell me his dream in person." At three different occasions, the man kept on asking about the meaning
of that dream, and Imam Ibn Seerin insisted on the same reply. Finally, after taking a promise from Ibn Seerin, the man confessed that he is the person who saw that dream. Imam Ibn Seerin asked someone to call the chief of police and to tell him that this man is a body snatcher who digs the graves and steals their contents. The man immediately asked for forgiveness, repented from his doing, and promised never to do it again.
Eggs Dream Explanation
— (Eggs in a basket or a place.) Eggs represent the element of prosperity, or the fear of depleting one's riches. Eggs in a dream also represent marriage for an unmarried person and children for a married one. If one's chicken lay eggs for him in a dream, it means a new born in his family. Eating a boiled egg
in a dream means comfort and income while eating a raw egg
means unlawful earnings, adultery or distress. If one sees his wife laying an egg
in a dream, it means that she will bear a child who will lack faith in Allah. If the egg
breaks in the dream, it means that his newborn will die shortly after birth. If one sees himself raising chicken for eggs, then if the eggs hatch in his dream, it means that some of his affairs that where unsolvable will rejuvenate with success, and it could mean that he will beget a child who will grow to have true faith in Allah Almighty. He also may beget a child for each egg
that hatches in his dream. Eggs in a basket in a dream also represent a family reunion. (Also see Boiled eggs; Omelet)
Incident Dream Explanation
— A person asked Ibn Sirin (RA): “What is your opinion regarding a person who had dreamed that he borke an egg
and ate its white only and not its yolk?” The Imaam said: “Bring me the man who had seen the dream so that he personally relates to me his dream. I will answer him.” The man said. “No, do answer me: I will convey your interpretation to him”. The Imaam refused. He insisted several times and the Imaam refused the same number of times, finally he said under Oath: “My Lord, By Allah, it is I who had seen the dream”. The Imaam said to the people around him: “Catch him and hand him over to the authorities for he digs up graves and steals the kafn from the dead!” he pleaded: “My Lord, I sincerely repent to Allah before you!” He pleaded: “My Lord, I sincerely repent to Allah before you! I promise never to commit this since again all my life!” Thus he was not handed over to the authorities, but was released.
Cities, Towns and Village Dream Explanation
— Cities, towns and Villages imply that the observer of such a dream will encounter unchaste women if such places are not of multiple
colours. And if they are black and white then it suggests day and night – i.e., alternating of day and night and the passing of time.
Polygamy Dream Explanation
— (Multiple spouses; Plural marriage; Second wife) Having a second wife along with the first in one household in a dream means sickness, losses, harm, blindness, bad deeds, exposing one's private life, divulging one's secrets, distress, dismay and sorrow.
Nit Dream Explanation
— (Egg; Louse; Vermin) In a dream, lice eggs represent contemptible people. If one sees them and could not remove them in the dream, it means that contemptible people will pursue his wife, and he will fail to persecute them or even avoid them. (Also see Lice)
Incident Dream Explanation
— God's Prophet, upon whom be peace, once said: "Last night, I saw in a dream that we were visiting the house of 'Uqbah bin Rafi'; then Ratib Ibn Tab came and joined us. I interpret it to mean that we will rise in honor in this world and in the hereafter and that our religion will be firmly established." Thus, he took from the name Rafi' the meaning
of honor and exaltation and from the name of Ratib Ibn Tab the meaning
of a blessed religion.
Incident Dream Explanation
— The governor of Alexandria was tried once with extreme attachment and love for his five children. All five were steadfast in their religious commitment. One night, the governor saw in a dream as though his five fingers were cut off. He woke up extremely disturbed and told his five children his dream. The children called in a dream interpreter called Sheikh Yusuf Al-Karbouni at once. After hearing the dream, Shaikh Yusuf, God bless his soul, smiled and said: "It is not like you think, but if I tell you the meaning
of your dream, you must give me a good reward." The governor thus obliged. Shaikh Yusuf, then said: "Are you negligent of your five times prayers?" The governor replied in the affirmative. Shaikh Yusuf continued: "This the meaning
of your dream, so repent to God Almighty, and be steadfast in your religion."
Baby crow Dream Explanation
— (Fledgling; Nestling) A fledgling crow in a dream represents poverty, need, separation from one's parents and segregation from one's relatives or clan. If one is experiencing such adverse conditions in wakefulness, then seeing a fledgling crow in a dream means satisfaction of one's needs and reunion with his family. When the egg
hatches and the baby crow comes out of it, the parents shy away from their fledgling and remain distant from the nest. Then Allah Almighty will provide the nestling crow with various types of flies to eat from. Once the baby crow's feathers grow, the parents will return to their nest and care for their baby until it commences to fly.
Calamity Dream Explanation
— (Catastrophe; Destiny; Fate; Kismet) In a dream, calamity represents the opposite effect in real life, meaning
rejoicing after suffering from great distress.
Ostrich Dream Explanation
— (Mail; Male ostrich) In a dream, a male ostrich represents a servant, a Gypsy, a deaf person, a castrate, an eunuch, or announcing someone's death. An ostrich in a dream also represents wealth and blessings. If one sees himself slaughtering a male ostrich in a dream, it means homosexuality. Receiving a male ostrich in a dream means that one will become a man of knowledge, a judge, or preside over a high ranking post in conjunction with one's qualifications. Riding an ostrich in a dream also means carrying a postal pouch, or becoming a courier. Riding an ostrich in a dream also means living on unlawful money. Seeing an ostrich living in one's house in a dream means longevity. Carrying an ostrich in a dream means carrying one's sins. Finding an ostrich egg
in a dream means pursuing a woman to satisfy an erotic intention.
Health Dream Explanation
— To take care of one's health in a dream means trying to amend one's life for the better. The same meaning
is applied if one sees himself applying an ointment to his eyes. (Also see Medicine; Physical fitness)
Research Dream Explanation
— Inciting someone to research, or to impel one's animal to drive faster in a dream means investigating the secrets of life after death, or explaining its meaning
. (Also see Impel)
Eating Roasted Meat Dream Explanation
— Eating roasted meat means that the observer of the dram will be given meager livelihood and will face much hardships an anxiety for, roasting is called shayyun in Arabic meaning
a wound. And a wound causes harm and grief.
Orange, Bitter Dream Explanation
— The same interpretation applies to bitter orange as for citron or Adam’s apple. But the meaning
is more acute for both pros and cons. However, most interpreters resent the bitter orange in view of the fact that its Arabic name, naranj, comprises the sound nar, which means “fire.”
European Dream Explanation
— • Seeing Europeans (Arabic: Ferenj): Relief, success, and victory, because the Arabic word for it comprises the letters f, r, and j, which together give the sound faraj, meaning
• Becoming European: Will go heretic and become more tyrannical because, writes Ibn Shaheen, they are warriors and tyrants and they promote ignorance.26
| || |