| |Kabah - Perhaps From Kubos, In Greek, Meaning “cube” Dream Explanation
— The holiest shrine for Muslims. A small, rectangular building made of gray stones in the court of the Grand Mosque at Mecca (Makkah) that contains remnants of the statues or idols that were worshiped in the pre-Islamic era, it is one of the goals of Islamic pilgrimage and the point toward which Muslims turn in praying. It is said to have been built by the Prophet Abraham, to whom the Archangel Gabriel gave the mysterious black stone placed in one of its corners at one and a half meters from the ground. Lucky pilgrims touch and/or kiss that stone. The Kabah symbolizes: (1) The Holy Quran, the imam, the mosque, Islam, the Tradition of the Muslims Holy Prophet, the father, et cetera. (2) A head of state. (3) A prime minister or a minister. (4) A chief.
• Seeing the Kabah: (1) Will get married. (2) Will visit or enter it. (3) Will do something good. (4) Will refrain from some evil deed.
• Praying at or inside the Kabah: Will have a conversation with chiefs and notables and be prosperous and secure as well as a well-doer.
• Taking something from the Kabah: Will obtain something from the ruler or chief, as the Kabah, in any dream, symbolizes the supreme authority in the state.
• One of the walls of the Kabah falling: The king will die.
• Heading toward the Kabah: The dreamer will become more religious.
• Stealing a pomegranate from the Kabah: The dreamer will have sex with a prohibited relative.
• Praying over the Kabah: The dreamer will become an apostate.
• Overstepping the Kabah: The dreamer is not following in the footsteps of the Holy Prophet and is mixing with the frivolous people or embracing their strange or alien sects.
• Seeing the Kabah in one’s house: The dreamer will marry an honest lady.
Chicken Dream Explanation
— (Bird; Fowl) A chicken
in a dream represents the woman of the house, while the rooster in a dream represents the man of the house. A chicken
in a dream also represents a woman who takes care of orphans and raises charities for their sake, or it could represent a blond woman, or a servant. Owning a chicken
in a dream means dispelling difficulties, or it could be a show of happiness. Hunting a chicken
in a dream means receiving lawful and easy profits. Slaughtering a chicken
in a dream means deflowering a virgin servant. If one sees a chicken
or a female peacock hooting inside his house or garden in a dream, it means a calamity which is met with a belligerent character. Seeing one's house filled with a large number of chickens in a dream means wealth or presiding over people, or it could mean dispelling one's fear and establishing one's rank. (Also see Peacock)
Chicken Dream Explanation
— (Also see Hen.) Dreaming of eating chicken
portends: (1) Benefits from the female side. (2) Patience for the nervous. (3) Healing. (4) The end of worries and sorrow. (5) Obtaining money from foreign sources.
Fowl Dream Explanation
— (See Chicken)
Eating the Eggs of Unknown Birds Dream Explanation
— The one who eats them cooked, fried
or boiled in his dream, will acquired riches and prosperity.
Sesame seeds Dream Explanation
— In a dream, sesame seeds represent blessed earnings, and the same goes for its butter or oil. Like that, in a dream, all kinds of seeds denote lawful money. If one sees himself planting sesame seeds in a dream, it means that he will preside over a growing business, or it could represent an expanding trade, or a flourishing craft, happiness in one's life, or becoming a renunciate. The meaning
of dry sesame seeds in a dream denotes greater opportunities than the fresh ones. If the seeds are fried
or sauteed, then they denote a greater evil and hardships. Sesame seeds and mustard seeds in a dream denote good only when seen by a physician. Otherwise, for the majority of people, seeing sesame seeds in a dream could mean a sickness, fever, or even poison.
Appetite Dream Explanation
— (Sated; Saturation; To eat
one's fill) In a dream, to eat
one's fill means fidgety or restlessness. If one sees himself satiated with food and could not eat
any more in a dream, it means changing of his condition, losing rank, losing business, or his death. This interpretation is applicable unless one finds in his dream extra space to fill with food, then the dream means that his lot in this world will equal the size of that remaining space. Eating to one's fill in a dream also represents working for one's livelihood or recovering extra money. Some interpreters convey that hunger in a dream is better than satiation, while to drink extra water in a dream is better than thirst.
Incident Dream Explanation
— Once Imam Ibn Seerin was sitting to eat
his lunch when a woman came and said: "I saw a dream." Ibn Seerin replied: "Would you let me eat
first, or would you like me to stop and listen to your dream?" The woman said: "Eat first," and she sat waiting for him. During the course of his meal, Ibn Seerin said to the woman: "Tell me your dream." The woman said: "I saw the moon merging in Alcyone." (The brightest star of the constellation Taurus, arb. Thurayya. See Alcyone.) The woman continued: "A voice then said to me: 'Go to Ibn Seerin, and tell him your dream.'" Ibn Seerin suddenly shook, and said to the woman: "Tell me how did you see it?" The woman repeated her dream, and Ibn Seer'in's face became grim. His sister who was then sitting with him at the table said: "What disturbed you, Oh my brother?" He replied: "This woman is claiming that I will die in seven days." On the seventh day, Ibn Seerin was buried.
Eggs Dream Explanation
— (Eggs in a basket or a place.) Eggs represent the element of prosperity, or the fear of depleting one's riches. Eggs in a dream also represent marriage for an unmarried person and children for a married one. If one's chicken
lay eggs for him in a dream, it means a new born in his family. Eating a boiled egg in a dream means comfort and income while eating a raw egg means unlawful earnings, adultery or distress. If one sees his wife laying an egg in a dream, it means that she will bear a child who will lack faith in Allah. If the egg breaks in the dream, it means that his newborn will die shortly after birth. If one sees himself raising chicken
for eggs, then if the eggs hatch in his dream, it means that some of his affairs that where unsolvable will rejuvenate with success, and it could mean that he will beget a child who will grow to have true faith in Allah Almighty. He also may beget a child for each egg that hatches in his dream. Eggs in a basket in a dream also represent a family reunion. (Also see Boiled eggs; Omelet)
Eating the Innards of a Goat Dream Explanation
— If a person dreams that he is eating any portion of the innards (such as the liver, fat, spleen, heart etc.) of a goat, it means acquiring wealth. The same is the case if the becomes the owner of any portion of the innards. There is no difference as to whether they are cooked, roasted or fried
. There is also no difference as to whether they are of a goat or any other animal. But the innards of a human being is regarded as more excellent.
Incident Dream Explanation
— God's Prophet, upon whom be peace, once said: "Last night, I saw in a dream that we were visiting the house of 'Uqbah bin Rafi'; then Ratib Ibn Tab came and joined us. I interpret it to mean that we will rise in honor in this world and in the hereafter and that our religion will be firmly established." Thus, he took from the name Rafi' the meaning
of honor and exaltation and from the name of Ratib Ibn Tab the meaning
of a blessed religion.
Bean Dream Explanation
— Beans, lentils and the like, be they cooked or fried
, mean sorrow for whoever obtains or eats them, wet or dry. However, plenty of them symbolizes money. Some say that green beans are worries and dry ones money and joy. Lentils are dirty money. A man told Ibn Siren he dreamed that he was carrying chilly Egyptian peas, or chick peas, to which the interpreter replied, “You are a man who kisses your wife during the holy month of Ramadan, when Muslims are supposed to be fasting.”
Barley Dream Explanation
— • Owning or eating barley: (1) Health and wealth. Dreaming of barley is better than dreaming of wheat. (2) An allusion to a son whose life will be short, because, according to Ibn Siren, barley is what Jesus Christ used to eat
. (3) Reaping barley during the right season: Will obtain money and must spend part thereof in the way of Allah, in view of the Quranic verse: “… Eat
ye of the fruit thereof when it fruiteth, and pay the due thereof upon the harvest day, and be not prodigal. Lo! Allah loveth not the prodigals …” (“Al-Anam” [Cattle], verse 141.) (4) Planting barley: Will do something that will please God. (5) Seeing wet or mature barley: Fertility. (6) Buying barley: Great welfare.
• Walking in the middle of a barley field: Will die as a martyr.
Chicks Dream Explanation
— (Baby; Chicken; Fowl) A chick in a dream represents a stolen or a missing child. The sound of chicks in a dream represents the voice of insolent people. Eating chick's meat in a dream means receiving unlawful or stolen money. Chicks in a dream also signify something that will develop fast and produce its results without much effort on the part of the person caring for them.
Vulture Dream Explanation
— The vulture is the most powerful bird and best flyer. It also has the sharpest vision and lives longest. Therefore, owning a vulture means that the dreamer will have tremendous influence and will become a real king, a regent, or some kind of a ruler.
• A vulture rebelling against the dreamer: The king (or supreme authority) will be angry with the dreamer and appoint an unjust man to deal with him (the same as the Prophet Solomon trusted the vulture to take care of the birds that feared it).
• Owning an obedient vulture: Will wield tremendous power, which will enable the dreamer to dominate if not the whole world, at least part of it. He will even subdue the king or a similar authority.
• Owning a disobedient vulture without fearing it much: Will be dignified but become tyrannical and stubborn. Likewise, the dreamer will act as a tyrant in religious matters.55
• Seizing some of the vulture’s feathers or bones: Will be granted a fortune by a great king.
• Receiving a baby vulture as a gift: Will be blessed with a son who will become well noted. Conversely, the same dream during daytime means the dreamer will get so ill as to be nearing death. If he is scratched by the vulture, the disease will last quite a long time.
• Turning into a vulture: Will have a long life.
• Vulture meat: Money and influence. The Egyptian vulture, also called pharaoh’s chicken
, is an impulsive individual. It refers as well to bad people, bastards, or those who dwell in the cemeteries. Likewise, it alludes to the dead’s washhouse.
• Dreaming of an Egyptian vulture during daytime: Will be sick.
• A sick person dreaming of an Egyptian vulture: Will die.
• Capturing a pharaoh’s chicken: War and terrible bloodshed.
• Flocks of Egyptian vultures landing in a city: Mean and immoral soldiers will invade it.
Intestines Dream Explanation
— The appearance of the intestines or anything from within the body means that savings will come out or whatever is hoarded will reappear. It could also mean that the dreamer himself or a member of his household will be authoritarian and prevail.
• A person eating his own intestines: He is eating up his money.
• Eating somebody else’s bowels: Will take a bite at his savings or eat
up his money.
• The intestines coming out of the body: (1) A daughter will get married. (2) Disgrace.
• Part of the bowels coming out: The dreamer is implementing the will of a person, looking after that person’s daughter and insisting on wedding her to somebody.
• The body having been emptied of the bowels and the stomach washed: The dreamer will die, blessed by God, whether or not the bowels have been returned.
• A king or ruler ripping the bellies of his subjects: Their privacy will be invaded. If he took something from their stomach, he would seize their money.
• Seeing one’s belly ripped open and the bowels in their usual place: (1) If childless, the dreamer will have a child. (2) If poor, the dreamer will become self-sufficient or rich, as the bowels allude to children.
• Seeing one’s belly ripped open and the body empty: The dreamer’s home will be destroyed, he will be estranged, and his children will perish. If ill, he will die.
• Seeing someone else exhibiting his bowels: Dreadful dream, meaning
that the two parties will have a dispute and scandalize each other.
Incident Dream Explanation
— The governor of Alexandria was tried once with extreme attachment and love for his five children. All five were steadfast in their religious commitment. One night, the governor saw in a dream as though his five fingers were cut off. He woke up extremely disturbed and told his five children his dream. The children called in a dream interpreter called Sheikh Yusuf Al-Karbouni at once. After hearing the dream, Shaikh Yusuf, God bless his soul, smiled and said: "It is not like you think, but if I tell you the meaning
of your dream, you must give me a good reward." The governor thus obliged. Shaikh Yusuf, then said: "Are you negligent of your five times prayers?" The governor replied in the affirmative. Shaikh Yusuf continued: "This the meaning
of your dream, so repent to God Almighty, and be steadfast in your religion."
Human Flesh Dream Explanation
— If cooked or roasted it symbolises wealth. If uncooked it means backbiting –if eaten. For Allah Taala says; Would any of you like to eat
the flesh of his dead brother? Nay, you will abhor it.
Acquiring But Not Eating the Fruits of Jannah Dream Explanation
— Acquiring the fruits of Jannah but not eating them or not having the ability to eat
them means he will acquire deen but he will not profit from it . Sometimes a dream of this nature could also mean that he will acquire the knowledge of Deen which not benefit him in any way.
Christian Dream Explanation
— (Also see Archbishop, Monk, Prelate, and Priest.) The word Nosrani used in the ancient Arab texts (plural, Nasara) is quite vague, as it could mean Nazarene, someone from Nazareth—a Christian—or Nazerite, a dissident Jew. But it generally means Christian, whose exact translation should be Messihi from Messiah.
• Seeing a Nosrani: The dreamer will triumph over his rival in an outstanding dispute, because Nosrani comes from the Arabic Nosra, meaning
“triumph” or “victory.”
• Seeing a Nosrani while locked in battle: Will win.
• Being or becoming a Christian: (1) For a pious person: Will inherit one’s uncle or aunt (the mother’s brother or sister). (2) For a debauchee: Dissatisfaction with God’s bounty and sacrilege by insulting or speaking ill of God. (3) In case the dreamer refuses to eat
from the food presented to him: He is dissatisfied with his lot and has committed many sins.
• Seeing an old Christian: A harmless enemy.
• Being a Nosrani: Perdition, heresy, and rejection of Islam.
• A Nosrani becoming a Muslim: (1) Will quickly embrace Islam. (2) Will soon pass away.
• A Nosrani changing faith: He is not a good Christian.
• Standing up and sitting down with the Nasara: The dreamer is extremely sympathetic to them and loves them.
• A Nosrani committing a sacrilege toward Islam, like climbing the minaret of a mosque or standing at the mosque’s rostrum, et cetera: (1) A tragedy. (2) An atheist ruler will take over the reins of power. (3) The people of that area despise Islam.
• A Nosrani entering the Haram (the Holy Mosque in Mecca (Makkah) or Madinah): Will embrace Islam and be safe from whatever he is scared of.
| || |