| |Kabah - Perhaps From Kubos, In Greek, Meaning “cube” Dream Explanation
— The holiest shrine for Muslims. A small, rectangular building made of gray stones in the court of the Grand Mosque at Mecca (Makkah) that contains remnants of the statues or idols that were worshiped in the pre-Islamic era, it is one of the goals of Islamic pilgrimage and the point toward which Muslims turn in praying. It is said to have been built by the Prophet Abraham, to whom the Archangel Gabriel gave the mysterious black stone placed in one of its corners at one and a half meters from the ground. Lucky pilgrims touch and/or kiss that stone. The Kabah symbolizes: (1) The Holy Quran, the imam, the mosque, Islam, the Tradition of the Muslims Holy Prophet, the father, et cetera. (2) A head of state. (3) A prime minister or a minister. (4) A chief.
• Seeing the Kabah: (1) Will get married. (2) Will visit or enter it. (3) Will do something good. (4) Will refrain from some evil deed.
• Praying at or inside the Kabah: Will have a conversation with chiefs and notables and be prosperous and secure as well as a well-doer.
• Taking something from the Kabah: Will obtain something from the ruler or chief, as the Kabah, in any dream, symbolizes the supreme authority in the state.
• One of the walls of the Kabah falling: The king will die.
• Heading toward the Kabah: The dreamer will become more religious.
• Stealing a pomegranate from the Kabah: The dreamer will have sex with a prohibited relative.
• Praying over the Kabah: The dreamer will become an apostate.
• Overstepping the Kabah: The dreamer is not following in the footsteps of the Holy Prophet and is mixing with the frivolous people or embracing their strange or alien sects.
• Seeing the Kabah in one’s house: The dreamer will marry an honest lady.
Hunt Dream Explanation
— (Food) In a dream, a hunt represents a booty or profits. If one hunts a deer or a rabbit in his dream, it means money and profits. If one hunts for sport in the dream, it means backbiting or slandering a woman. If one sees himself hunting with hunting dogs
in a dream, it means that he will fulfill a long desired wish. If one sees dogs
going to hunt in a dream, it means good news for everyone, or it could mean engaging in an act, or establishing a business. If he sees the dogs
returning from the hunt in a dream, it means dispelling fears, or shortage of work. If one sees himself fishing with a fishing instrument in a dream, it means making an honest living, or seeking lawful earnings. Hunting in a dream represents one's diligence and determination to succeed in his life, and to earn his livelihood with his own sweat. If one happens to be unmarried, then hunting in a dream means that he will get married. If one is married, it means that he will beget a son. If a woman sees herself hunting in a dream, it means that she has control over her husband's money, her father's assets, or it could mean that she will receive an inheritance or control vast interests in a business. Hunting small preys in a dream represents knowledge, a trade, or an inheritance. (Also see Dog; Hunter)
Incident Dream Explanation
— God's Prophet, upon whom be peace, once said: "Last night, I saw in a dream that we were visiting the house of 'Uqbah bin Rafi'; then Ratib Ibn Tab came and joined us. I interpret it to mean that we will rise in honor in this world and in the hereafter and that our religion will be firmly established." Thus, he took from the name Rafi' the meaning
of honor and exaltation and from the name of Ratib Ibn Tab the meaning
of a blessed religion.
Dog Dream Explanation
— According to Ibn Siren, dream interpreters disagree on what a dog represents in dreams. Some of them regard it as a slave or a servant, others as a despot, a terrible person, and a slanderer, if it barks. The black dog is an Arab. On the other hand, a dog could also mean a weak enemy with little chivalry, if any. The she-dog is a mean woman. If she bites, such a woman would harm the dreamer. If a dog tears the dreamer’s clothes, it would mean that a low man would backbite him. For Al-Nabulsi, the dog symbolizes a policeman of low rank, a gate-man, or a guardian, a niggardly person, a weak enemy, and a stupid, profligate, and aggressive man who never hesitates to commit foolish or criminal acts, especially if it barks; it would mean that he has an awful temper, that he is terrible. The dog is also a harbinger of fever, in view of the terrible disease Al-Shiira Al-Yamaneyyah (literally translated, it means the Yemeni hair; probably hirsutism or hypertrichosis, more popularly known as the werewolf phenomenon, which had a correlation not with the full moon, but with Al-Shiira Al-Yamaneyyah, which was also the name of Sirius, a star of the constellation called the Greater Dog, or Canis Major, which is the brightest star in the heavens). It could also be a sign of apostasy, atheism, or despair in God’s mercy and scepticism about His messages. All dogs
, in general, symbolize the worldly persons (perhaps because, in Arabic, whereas the word kalb means “dog,” takalub means “to rush madly upon; to contend for”), as well as the humble, submissive people, the beggars, or the lads who go from door to door. In abstract terms, dogs
are the incarnation of meanness, lowliness, villainy, and humiliation or humility with everlasting affection for the master and care for the latter’s money and children or in-laws. All kinds of dogs
refer to wicked persons.
• Taking a dog: Will befriend a servant and love him very much.
• Taking or befriending a dog: Deviation, work stoppage, and the squandering of money.
• Being bitten or scratched by one’s dog: (1) Will encounter disaster sustain harm, and face hardships caused by a friend or a servant. (2) Will be harmed by one’s enemy as much as there was pain. (3) The dreamer might fall ill.
• A dog tearing one’s clothes: A silly individual is backbiting you. If no barking was heard, it means that an enemy has silently laid a trap.
• A female dog (or bitch): (1) A proliferative woman keen on preserving her husband; (2) A mean woman of low origin whose folks are troublemakers.
• A puppy is a beloved son. If he is white, it means the boy is a genuine worshiper. If black, he will prevail over his folk. In other interpretations: A puppy is the waif of a profligate or the product of adultery that the dreamer will find and raise.
• A domestic dog: An unjust and dangerous enemy.
• Seeing a saluki or greyhound: The dreamer is loyal and helpful to the sultan, who will give him a province and make him rich. The saluki is a man one can rely upon in winning a victory over his enemies, but he is mean and has no chivalry or gentlemanliness.
• Seeing a Chinese dog: Will mix with foreigners, non-Muslims.
• A hunting dog: Richness, high rank, and prestige.
• Hunting with dogs: Will achieve one’s objectives and satisfy inner passions.
• Seeing hunting dogs
going out on a hunting trip: (1) Good dream for all people. (2) Movement and action.
• Seeing hunting dogs
entering a city: Unemployment.
• Seeing hunting dogs
returning from an expedition: (1) Unemployment. (2) The end of fear.
• A sheepdog: (1) The dreamer will obtain certain benefits from the king or chief. (2) A good neighbour who is keen on preserving your interests as much as he does his own.
of the type that guard houses: Man’s wife and property are being safeguarded. If those dogs
look weak, it means sickness and losses.
• The dogs
appearing enraged and barking ferociously: Harm and deceit will befall the dreamer from evil people.
that are adopted as pets for entertainment and physical pleasure (caresses, et cetera) symbolize prosperity and good living; anything bad that would happen to them in the dream could have an adverse effect on such a good living in reality, along with sorrow and the disappearance of pleasure.
• Water dogs (otters) refer to bad men or unfulfilled wishes and actions that do not culminate in success.
• Turning into a dog: God has given you a great knowledge and withdrawn it from you when you failed to appreciate it.
• A dog barking to the dreamer: Will hear unpleasant words from an “ungentlemanly” person.
• Killing a dog: Will triumph over enemy.
• Eating dog meat: Will triumph over enemy and take a bite at his money.
• Drinking dog milk: Fear.
• Using a dog as a pillow: The dog is a friend who will prove useful and whom the dreamer will be proud of.
• Being accompanied by a dog: Disappearance, in view of the story of Ahlel Kahf (The Companions of the Cave), in the Holy Quran. (“Al-Kahf” [The Cave], chapter 18.)
• Seeing the dog of Ahlel Kahf, whose name was believed to be Qitmir: Fear, prison, or evasion.
• Seeing the dog of Ahlel Kahf in another country: The ruler or the regime will be changed.
Magi - An Zoroastrian Dream Explanation
— • Turning into a Magus: (1) Will leave Islam behind by committing abominations or embracing other nonvalid faiths, which brings about God’s wrath. (2) Will scrutinize everything and complicate matters, as is the nature of the Magians.
• Seeing an old Magi: An enemy who does not want to destroy his opponent.
• A Magi dreaming that he has become a Jew or a Christian: (1) A relative change for the better. (2) Will indulge in atheism further and be lost even more.
• Dreaming of being a Magian: The dreamer is sensual and running ex clusively after worldly matters because, writes Al-Nabulsi, the Magians are the dogs
who own the wealth of this world.38
Incident Dream Explanation
— The governor of Alexandria was tried once with extreme attachment and love for his five children. All five were steadfast in their religious commitment. One night, the governor saw in a dream as though his five fingers were cut off. He woke up extremely disturbed and told his five children his dream. The children called in a dream interpreter called Sheikh Yusuf Al-Karbouni at once. After hearing the dream, Shaikh Yusuf, God bless his soul, smiled and said: "It is not like you think, but if I tell you the meaning
of your dream, you must give me a good reward." The governor thus obliged. Shaikh Yusuf, then said: "Are you negligent of your five times prayers?" The governor replied in the affirmative. Shaikh Yusuf continued: "This the meaning
of your dream, so repent to God Almighty, and be steadfast in your religion."
Calamity Dream Explanation
— (Catastrophe; Destiny; Fate; Kismet) In a dream, calamity represents the opposite effect in real life, meaning
rejoicing after suffering from great distress.
Health Dream Explanation
— To take care of one's health in a dream means trying to amend one's life for the better. The same meaning
is applied if one sees himself applying an ointment to his eyes. (Also see Medicine; Physical fitness)
Research Dream Explanation
— Inciting someone to research, or to impel one's animal to drive faster in a dream means investigating the secrets of life after death, or explaining its meaning
. (Also see Impel)
Dog Dream Explanation
— (Bitch; Canine; Desire; Greyhound; Japanese spaniel; Pekingese; Lust; Puppy; Shepherd's dog; Tyke) In a dream, a dog represents an insolent man who dares to indulge in sinful actions. If he barks in the dream, it means that such a man is impudent and has a repulsive and an abominable character. A dog bite or his scratch in a dream means harm caused by one's enemy and its effects will depend on the amount of pain one suffers in the dream. It could also mean falling sick or suffering from great affliction or harm caused by a close companion or a servant. If a dog tears off one's clothing in a dream, it means that a vile person is slandering and backbiting him. If one does not hear the barking of the dog in the dream, it signifies that one's enemy has left him inflected with a small loss. A dog in a dream also could represent a vile and an insolent woman who belong to a group of evildoing people and who are persistent in their enmity. A puppy in a dream represents a loved child. If it is a white puppy in the dream, it means that such a son will grow to be a believer. If it is a black puppy in the dream, it means that he will grow to govern the household and to presides over its people. A puppy in a dream also represents a child of adultery, a foundling who is left in the street, wrapped in a swaddle and who is brought home by an insolent person to rear him. A shepherd's dog in a dream represents profits and benefits. A pet dog in a dream represents an astringent and a bitter enemy. Seeing a greyhound in a dream means gaining authority, control and wealth. A greyhound in a dream also represents the backbone of an army general or his best helper or it could represent a good strategist, though he lacks principals and moral integrity. A Japanese spaniel or a Pekingese in a dream signifies mixing with, or doing business with a foreign counterpart. Bringing-up a dog for companionship in a dream means befriending a servant for whom one has great love and affection. Hunting with a dog in a dream means satisfying one's lust or desire. Killing a dog in a dream signifies vanquishing one's enemy. Seeing an expedition of hounds leaving a town for a chase or a hunt in a dream means blessings and prosperity for everyone, or it could mean taking action. Seeing the expedition of hounds returning from a hunt or a chase in a dream means dispelling people's fears, or it could mean lack of work. If one sees such expedition entering a town in his dream, it also means a high rate of unemployment. Seeing a sick house dog in a dream means illness and financial losses or loss of appetite or losing the pleasure of living. A barking bitch in a dream signifies harm and deceit which is caused by abominable people. A dog in a dream also means suffering from extremely high fever and in relation to Dog star or the stars Procyon and Sirius of the constellations Canis Minor and Canis Major. In a dream, all breeds of dogs
represent lowly, obsequious and despicable people. Seeing dogs
that are reared for bantering or dallying with in a dream signify fun and enjoying one's life. In the dream, anything that happens to such a breed of dogs
means suffering from distress, sorrow or loss of one's pleasure of living. If one is transformed into a dog in a dream, it means that Allah Almighty has taught him great knowledge which he abused and discarded, then Allah Almighty stripped him from such a knowledge. A dog in a dream also represents a police informer or a police dog. A dog in a dream also represents a weak enemy or a niggardly person. If a dog barks at someone in a dream, it means that one will hear something he despises or hates to make public from someone who lacks any sense of honor or virtue. Eating a dog's meat in a dream means cracking down at one's enemy. A dog in a dream also represents a guard or an innovator. Drinking dog's milk in a dream means a scare. Laying one's head on a dog or relaxing with a dog or using the dog for a pillow in a dream, the dog then represents a friend or a good companion. A dog in a dream also represents a street boy, a beggar or an obsequious, lowly and a despicable person who maintains affection toward his master and jealously guards him, his children and property. A dog in a dream also means greed, love for the worldly pleasures, committing a dogfight to win them and failing to have any reserve or savings. In a dream, all types of dogs
also represent people. A hunting dog in a dream represents honor and profits. A shepherd's dog represents a good neighbor who cares more about his neighbors than about his own household. Adopting a dog as a pet in a dream means wavering, or paying financial damages, or it could mean unemployment. Taking a dog for a companion on a journey in a dream means disappearing. A dog in a dream also means disbelief, ingratitude or losing hope, belying, fear, imprisonment, or becoming a fugitive. Seeing a dog in a city in a dream also means renewal of one's business contract.
Eating Roasted Meat Dream Explanation
— Eating roasted meat means that the observer of the dram will be given meager livelihood and will face much hardships an anxiety for, roasting is called shayyun in Arabic meaning
a wound. And a wound causes harm and grief.
Lamenting Dream Explanation
— (Mourning; Wailing; Yowling) Lamenting and desiring something in a dream connotes evil. Lamentation in a dream also represents a preacher or it could represent a putrid odor that comes from opening the door of a filthy lavatory. Lamentation in a dream also represents dogs
yowling, drum beating, the ringing sound of cymbals, or it could mean a wedding. Sitting in a place where people are lamenting and mourning their dead in a dream means that an ominous evil may take place in that locality, or perhaps it could mean separation between families and friends. If one sees himself mourning a deceased person in a dream, it means that harm will come to him from the descendents or family of the departed person. Lamenting with great pain and sorrow and mourning over a deceased person in a dream also means waking up to a great joy and happiness. Lamenting in a dream also means adversities which are driven by the person who is lamenting. It also means going astray, or it could denote a flute, as the flute denotes lamenting in a dream. Lamenting in a dream also represents the work of ignorance.
Orange, Bitter Dream Explanation
— The same interpretation applies to bitter orange as for citron or Adam’s apple. But the meaning
is more acute for both pros and cons. However, most interpreters resent the bitter orange in view of the fact that its Arabic name, naranj, comprises the sound nar, which means “fire.”
European Dream Explanation
— • Seeing Europeans (Arabic: Ferenj): Relief, success, and victory, because the Arabic word for it comprises the letters f, r, and j, which together give the sound faraj, meaning
• Becoming European: Will go heretic and become more tyrannical because, writes Ibn Shaheen, they are warriors and tyrants and they promote ignorance.26
Priest Dream Explanation
— Dreaming of being a priest means: The dreamer is extremely heretical.
• The dreamer will be praised by people but face extraordinary hardships, including hard living, fear, and terror, as the word for priest in Arabic is raheb, from rahba, meaning
“awe and terror.”
• The dreamer is shrewd and deceitful.
Home Dream Explanation
— The distinction is very vague in Arabic between the words dar and bayt, both meaning
“house” or “home.” But after consulting a knowledgeable colleague (a Moroccan ambassador and man of letters), the author assumes that dar is more likely to mean a house as a structure or an apartment block and bayt a room, an apartment, or simply home. However, in the ancient Arab texts the writer often jumps from one meaning
to another, and I have taken real pain trying to disentangle them, as usual. Home symbolizes the man’s wife sheltered under his roof and to whom he goes, whence the expression “He went home.” Therefore, home and wife are synonyms. The door is her vagina or her face, the closet or the safe a maiden, like the dreamer’s daughter, whom he does not penetrate, as they are covered or hidden places in which he does not sleep. The servants quarters symbolize the servant (s). The place where cereals are stored is the mother, who used to keep the dreamer alive and let him grow by feeding him milk. The toilet represents those servants who are in charge of cleaning and washing or the dreamer’s wife, whom he embraces and penetrates when isolated, i.e., away from his children and the rest of the household.
• Looking from the kowwa (a kind of small window in old houses): The dreamer is in the habit of contemplating his wife’s vagina or ass.
• Seeing a large private apartment made of clay or concrete in one’s home that was not there before: A good woman will enter the house. If the apartment is plastered or made of bricks, an obscene and hypocritical woman will appear.
Times in which Dreams are Most Potent Dream Explanation
— It must be borne in mind that the most authentic dreams are the ones observed in the latter part of the night and during Qayloolah (sleeping at midday ) and during the day. Dreams during the fruit-ripening season and fruit-selling season are also very potent. The most inopportune time wherein dreams hardly have any significant meaning
is during the winter season and when rain is imminent.
Basil Dream Explanation
— Basil blossoming in a garden symbolizes children. A bunch of basil refers to a woman. Basil having been cut off or displaced or having no smell alludes to a tragedy. The basil, like all aromatic plants, provided it has not been picked, also means blessings. Likewise, it refers to kingship, as its name in Persian is shah-sirm, shah meaning
Donation Dream Explanation
— (Gift; Grant; Present) The gender of a gift one donates in a dream signifies the gender one may receive in wakefulness. A donation in a dream also represents charity, a present or a gift and they all have the same meaning
. (Also see Endowment; Gift)
Tower Dream Explanation
— • Standing on a tower or being in a tower: Bad dream in any case, most probably meaning
death, in view of a verse in the Holy Quran: “Wheresoever ye may be, death will overtake you, even though ye were in lofty towers …” (“Al-Nisae” [Women], verse 78.)
• Standing against the wall of a tower: Will triumph and fulfil one’s objectives.
• Building a tower: The dreamer is doing something good.
| || |