| |Kabah - Perhaps From Kubos, In Greek, Meaning “cube” Dream Explanation
— The holiest shrine for Muslims. A small, rectangular building made of gray stones in the court of the Grand Mosque at Mecca (Makkah) that contains remnants of the statues or idols that were worshiped in the pre-Islamic era, it is one of the goals of Islamic pilgrimage and the point toward which Muslims turn in praying. It is said to have been built by the Prophet Abraham, to whom the Archangel Gabriel gave the mysterious black stone placed in one of its corners at one and a half meters from the ground. Lucky pilgrims touch and/or kiss that stone. The Kabah symbolizes: (1) The Holy Quran, the imam, the mosque, Islam, the Tradition of the Muslims Holy Prophet, the father, et cetera. (2) A head of state. (3) A prime minister or a minister. (4) A chief.
• Seeing the Kabah: (1) Will get married. (2) Will visit or enter it. (3) Will do something good. (4) Will refrain from some evil deed.
• Praying at or inside the Kabah: Will have a conversation with chiefs and notables and be prosperous and secure as well as a well-doer.
• Taking something from the Kabah: Will obtain something from the ruler or chief, as the Kabah, in any dream, symbolizes the supreme authority in the state.
• One of the walls of the Kabah falling: The king will die.
• Heading toward the Kabah: The dreamer will become more religious.
• Stealing a pomegranate from the Kabah: The dreamer will have sex with a prohibited relative.
• Praying over the Kabah: The dreamer will become an apostate.
• Overstepping the Kabah: The dreamer is not following in the footsteps of the Holy Prophet and is mixing with the frivolous people or embracing their strange or alien sects.
• Seeing the Kabah in one’s house: The dreamer will marry an honest lady.
Lips Dream Explanation
— The lips symbolize the dreamer’s friend whom he is priding himself on and whom he relies upon, especially the upper lip
, but the lower one is more important in terms of the likelihood of the dream coming true. The lips also allude to Eve.
• Having pain in one’s lips: Friends are not doing so well.
• One’s upper lip
having been severed: Will be deprived of one’s friend and supporter.
• Seeing oneself with the two lips having disappeared: The dreamer is gossipy.
Lips Dream Explanation
— In a dream, lips represent man's pride, strength, virility, his helper, clarity of expression, eloquence, or special love for one's friend. The lower lip
has more advantages than the upper lip
in a dream. The upper lip
represents a close friend, or someone one depends on in everything. Anything that affects one's lips in a dream, will manifest in any of the above. Lips in a dream also represent one's wife, child, or relatives. If one suffers pain from his lips in a dream, it means that such pain will come from one's friends. If one's lips are chopped off in the dream, it means that he engages in backbiting others. If only the lower lip
is chopped off in the dream, it means that one may lose a helper or a provider. If the upper lip
is missing in a dream, it means that one's life is void of blessings. If the lower lip
is missing in the dream, then it represents a dying wife. If the upper lip
is split in one's dream, it denotes double the effects concerning the person who is understood to be meant in the dream. If the lower lip
is split or chapped in the dream, it means conducting a secret relationship with two women. If it is the upper lip
, it means having two friends. If his chapped lips heal in the dream, then it means reconciliation between two friends, or winning their consent regarding one's opinion or decision. If one's upper lip
is cut off in a dream, it means severing relationship with a close friend. Lips in a dream also denote relatives or kinship. Lips in a dream also mean recovering from an illness, or forcing a jealous friend to follow one's directives, or hearing good news that will heal one's heart. Lips in a dream also represent a door attendant, boys, guards, locks, knowledge, guidance, food, drinks, marriage, happiness, sadness, or keeping secrets. Having no lips in a dream means loosing any of the above, or one's dream could mean a broken door, or loosing one's keys, or perhaps it could mean the death of one's parents, husband or wife. Lips in a dream also represent the livelihood of singers or musicians who play wind instruments for a living, or the livelihood of a glass blower. If one's lips look thin and rosy in a dream, they denote clarity of speech, guidance, good food, good drink and happiness. Thick lips with black or blue color in a dream represent laziness, languor, failure to present a verifiable proof or to bring a strong witness, or they could mean discomfort, or difficulty in earning one's livelihood. If a sick person sees his lips black or blue in a dream, it could mean his death. Closed lips in a dream represent one's eyelids, a vagina, the anus, the banks of a river or a well. (Also see Body)
The Lips. Dream Explanation
— They symbolise the assistance he receives from people. The Upper lip
is regarded better than the lower one.
Wound Dream Explanation
— • Being wounded in the bottom
of the foot: Worries leading to a catastrophe.
• Being injured by someone: Will have a disaster because of that person and hatred will never go.
Deep waters Dream Explanation
— Falling into deep waters and not reaching the bottom
of it in a dream means prosperity and wealth, for the world is a deep ocean. A sudden fall into water in a dream also means joy and money.
Stuffed Turkey Dream Explanation
— (Stuffed fish; Stuffed lam; Stuffing) In a dream, a stuffed turkey means holdings, reserves, profits from an investment, marriage, a festive dinner, or it could mean recovering from an illness. The grease collected in the bottom
of a pan in the dream represents money earned from a woman.
Incident Dream Explanation
— God's Prophet, upon whom be peace, once said: "Last night, I saw in a dream that we were visiting the house of 'Uqbah bin Rafi'; then Ratib Ibn Tab came and joined us. I interpret it to mean that we will rise in honor in this world and in the hereafter and that our religion will be firmly established." Thus, he took from the name Rafi' the meaning
of honor and exaltation and from the name of Ratib Ibn Tab the meaning
of a blessed religion.
Anus Dream Explanation
— The anus, in general, symbolizes a subdued man; a flute player; a drummer; a discreet man who keeps secrets; some relative of the degree whose marriage is prohibited in Islam; the bottom
of a priest; a stupid or foolish person; a mate; money; the dreamer’s purse, bank, house, shop, warehouse or box, parlour, et cetera; and all that comes into contact with the bottom
, such as a toilet seat, a slip, a chair, a straw carpet, a saddle, an animal that humans ride, the valet in charge of the dreamer’s personal hygiene, and so on and so forth. It could also symbolize the door (key) to the man’s secrets, spanking and related obedience or disobedience, a trumpet, the blacksmith’s pair of bellows, a sewage facility, the words that come from the mouth—be they good or bad—the mouth that smells, and, paradoxically, festivities and joy. Other interpretations include the deserted house, the uncultivable land, any unholy place, the man whom people avoid because of his evil character or ignorance, or important matters on which the dreamer turns his back.
• Pulling something from one’s anus: Will get stuck or become needy.
• Going into an anus: Wrong approach or running after a difficult matter, because that duct is sterile.
• Seeing a person’s anus: Will see a gloomy face, and the owner of such a face will spend as much money as blood or excrement coming out of that anus the dreamer had seen. If such a person had passed the stool in the proper place, the money will be spent in the right direction, and the reverse is true.
• Seeing one’s anus has been obstructed: Will die.
• Seeing a young man’s anus: Will be defeated by him.
• Seeing the anus of a well-known old man: This very man will mislead you.
• Seeing the anus of an unidentified old man: Will be led astray and overwhelmed without knowing who is pulling the strings from behind.
• A prince cutting his anus or bottom: Will fire his piper.
• An ordinary man cutting his bottom: Will no longer honour his obligations toward his parents and in-laws.
• Seeing the mother’s anus or buttocks: (1) A planned pilgrimage will not be valid. (2) Earnings will fade and livelihood will grind to a halt.
• The anus of an unknown woman: The fading of the dreamer’s luck and livelihood.
• Penetrating the anus of a prelate: Will sweep dirt.
• Drinking water through one’s anus: The dreamer is constipated or congested.
• Seeing worms or lice coming out of the rectum or anal tract: Will part from one’s children.
• Blood coming out of the anus: A reference to the grandchildren.
• Being stained with one’s own anal blood: Illicit money.
• Seeing a duster coming out of one’s anus (or stomach): Will move away from strangers who are eating up the money of your children. Seeing a peacock coming out of one’s anus: A beautiful girl will be born to the dreamer.
• A fish coming out of one’s anus: The dreamer will have an ugly girl.
• A kind of snake coming out of one’s anus: Estranged children.
• A snake coming out of the dreamer’s collar or anus and going into the earth: The dreamer’s time is over.
• A snake coming out of the dreamer’s ear, belly, vagina, or anus: Will commit a sin and give up religious faith or the dreamer’s children might turn inimical.
• According to Is Haq Ibrahim ibn Abdullah Al-Kirmani, another authority on dreams quoted by Ibn Shaheen, the sight of the anus augurs well for the dreamer. More, if a nice smell is coming out of the anus, it means that people are praising the hero of the dream. The reverse is also true.
Incident Dream Explanation
— The governor of Alexandria was tried once with extreme attachment and love for his five children. All five were steadfast in their religious commitment. One night, the governor saw in a dream as though his five fingers were cut off. He woke up extremely disturbed and told his five children his dream. The children called in a dream interpreter called Sheikh Yusuf Al-Karbouni at once. After hearing the dream, Shaikh Yusuf, God bless his soul, smiled and said: "It is not like you think, but if I tell you the meaning
of your dream, you must give me a good reward." The governor thus obliged. Shaikh Yusuf, then said: "Are you negligent of your five times prayers?" The governor replied in the affirmative. Shaikh Yusuf continued: "This the meaning
of your dream, so repent to God Almighty, and be steadfast in your religion."
Calamity Dream Explanation
— (Catastrophe; Destiny; Fate; Kismet) In a dream, calamity represents the opposite effect in real life, meaning
rejoicing after suffering from great distress.
Rope Dream Explanation
— (Cable; Hawser) In a dream, a rope represents an agreement, a promise, or a covenant. A rope which is extended down from the heavens in a dream represents Allah's Book. However, a rope in a dream also represents rank, respect and prosperity, or it could mean deception, misleading others, or sorcery. Holding to a rope in one's dream represents one's strict adherence to Allah's path. If the rope is made from fibers in the dream, it means that the one holding it is a rough person. If it is made from leather in the dream, then it represents a bloody
person. If the rope is made from wool in the dream, then it represents a religious person. Twisting a rope in a dream means going on a trip. Twisting it around one's own neck in the dream means getting married. Throwing it over one's shoulders in the dream means an important appointment resulting from a business trip. Twisting one's beard to make a rope out of it in a dream means perjury, receiving a bribe and giving a false testimony. Twisting a rope, making one, or measuring it in a dream means travels. Attaching a rope to a wooden stick or a staff in a dream means indulging in an evil act, or engaging in sorcery. (Also see Cable)
Health Dream Explanation
— To take care of one's health in a dream means trying to amend one's life for the better. The same meaning
is applied if one sees himself applying an ointment to his eyes. (Also see Medicine; Physical fitness)
Research Dream Explanation
— Inciting someone to research, or to impel one's animal to drive faster in a dream means investigating the secrets of life after death, or explaining its meaning
. (Also see Impel)
Eating Roasted Meat Dream Explanation
— Eating roasted meat means that the observer of the dram will be given meager livelihood and will face much hardships an anxiety for, roasting is called shayyun in Arabic meaning
a wound. And a wound causes harm and grief.
Posterior Part Dream Explanation
— (Also see Anus and Buttocks.) The posterior part represents the woman’s wealth.
• A wife having a big posterior part: She has plenty of money.
• The dreamer himself having a big posterior: He will have influence, thanks to his wife’s money.
• A man uncovering his bottom
to the dreamer: Will feed the dreamer well, then turn his back to him. If that man is young and the dreamer sees his anus, he will be snubbed by the latter. In the event of an old man known to the dreamer, that person, in particular, will cause people to turn away from the dreamer. If the old man was unknown, people would turn their back to the dreamer without his knowing why or discovering the source of such an attitude.
• A man uncovering the dreamer till his posterior part appears: He will disgrace the dreamer before his folk.
• A woman showing her posterior part to the dreamer and allowing him to see her anus: Matters will come to a head, and the dreamer will be in business and have influence but contract debts.
Orange, Bitter Dream Explanation
— The same interpretation applies to bitter orange as for citron or Adam’s apple. But the meaning
is more acute for both pros and cons. However, most interpreters resent the bitter orange in view of the fact that its Arabic name, naranj, comprises the sound nar, which means “fire.”
European Dream Explanation
— • Seeing Europeans (Arabic: Ferenj): Relief, success, and victory, because the Arabic word for it comprises the letters f, r, and j, which together give the sound faraj, meaning
• Becoming European: Will go heretic and become more tyrannical because, writes Ibn Shaheen, they are warriors and tyrants and they promote ignorance.26
Vagina Dream Explanation
— (Also see Semen.) The Arabic word for vagina or vulva is farj, from faraj, meaning
“relief.” Thus the vagina symbolizes: (1) Relief and comfort. (2) The honey, date, or wine peddler, because sex is as sweet as sugar. (3) A ripper or a bloody
person. (4) A wicked deceiver, obedient and humble during daytime and profligate and out of control at night. (5) A foolish slave. (6) A bird’s nest containing eggs. (7) Deep trouble. (8) The fulfilment of requests. (9) Marriage, for the bachelor. (10) Resumption of spending on one’s parents and in-laws. (11) Repentance. (12) Resumption of praying. (13) The prayer niche in a mosque. (14) The Qiblah (the point toward which Muslims turn their faces when praying). (15) A journey. (16) The key to a man’s secret. (17) The unveiling of secrets. (18) A contract53 to set up a company. (19) The discovery of metals, minerals, and all hidden things. (20) The very vagina of a docile woman who gives it only to her man. (21) A prison. (22) The main gate or door of a house that, according to Islamic tenets, visitors should use. (They must never come through back doors, windows, et cetera.) (23) The bathroom, for all the water, heat, et cetera, that is in it. (24) A valley surrounded by hills and mountains. (25) A disease and a medicine that might revive then kill the patient, as the penis becomes erect, strong, and full of vitality when it comes into contact with the vagina, then dies down when its sperm (which feeds it) gets out. (26) A furnace. (27) The oven where paste is introduced to come out as finished bread. (28) The spouse. (29) Pregnancy. (30) Hell or the fatal attraction to it (same as for the penis), since it is the center of burning pleasure. (31) The grave.
• A sick person seeing a vagina: (1) The dreamer is about to die. (2) The dreamer’s grave is being dug.
• Penetrating a vagina: (1) The dreamer will place a fat mutton in a furnace. (2) He will put a paste in an oven. (3) He will eat an exotic fruit.
• Seeing the vagina of an identified woman: The dreamer will uncover her secret.
• The vagina of an identified woman looking nice and healthy: Her husband or son will be better off.
• A man with a vagina: He is not faring well and is being humiliated, or the reverse. If he has worries or is in jail, he will be freed.
• A man standing trial or being tracked by an enemy seeing a vagina (or, better, if he goes into it): The dreamer will win his case or defeat and crush his enemy.
• Seeing one’s vagina smaller than usual: The dreamer will overcome enemies. The reverse is also true.
• A merchant seeing an old woman’s vagina: He will sustain losses in his trade.
• Entering a vagina: The dreamer will die.
• Sucking (or licking) the wife’s vagina: Minor relief.
• Seeing the wife’s vagina from behind: The peace and cordiality the dreamer is seeking will turn into tension and lasting hostility.
• A man dreaming that his wife has only one vagina: He is running after two matters; one will work and the other not.
• Dreaming that one’s wife has no vagina: A matter will be stalled, and the dreamer will be helpless and humiliated.
• The vagina being cut: Bad omen, meaning
perhaps that enemies will prevail.
• Biting the vagina of an unknown woman: Relief and joy.
• The vagina of an unidentified old woman: Relief in life. Holding firm a woman’s vagina with one’s hand, which turns into a penis: Her morals will change. If it remains a penis, she will remain authoritarian, impudent, loud, and impossible to tame.
• Vaginal or pubic hair: (1) Period is on the way. (2) Poetic diatribe, a speciality of ancient Arab poets. It is noteworthy that in Arabic the words for hair and poem resemble each other. The former is shaar and the latter sheer.
• A woman dreaming that she has two vaginas: She might be penetrated from both sides.
• A woman seeing water entering her vagina: She will give birth to a boy.
• A woman dreaming that water is coming out of her vagina: She will deliver.
• Anything good coming out of the vagina: Good progeny.
• Anything ugly coming out of the vagina: The dreamer will give birth to bad children.
• A woman dreaming that fire is coming out of her vagina: She will give birth to a king.
• A woman dreaming that sesame is coming out of her vagina: Her husband is concealing his love for her.
• Bread coming out of a woman’s vagina: Bankruptcy, poverty, and need, no matter how good or beautiful the vagina looks in the dream.
• A person dreaming that a scented smell is exuding from her vagina: That person is candid. The reverse is also true.
• An iron, brass, or bronze vagina: Despair after failing to achieve the objectives being sought.
• Seeing an animal sucking, licking, or roaming around a woman’s vulva: The woman in question is a debauched and unworthy one. If the woman is unidentified, the dream does not augur well for the dreamer; it could mean that he is losing his brain for worldly matters.
Priest Dream Explanation
— Dreaming of being a priest means: The dreamer is extremely heretical.
• The dreamer will be praised by people but face extraordinary hardships, including hard living, fear, and terror, as the word for priest in Arabic is raheb, from rahba, meaning
“awe and terror.”
• The dreamer is shrewd and deceitful.
| || |