| |Kissing a snake Dream Explanation
— (See Weasel)
Kiss Dream Explanation
— (Love; Passion; Rose; Tenderness) A kiss in a dream means satisfying one's need, want or desire, or it could mean subordinating one's enemy. Kissing
a man or embracing him lustfully in a dream means getting hold of what one intends to acquire from him. If it is a lustful kiss, then it means accomplishing one's pursuit of benefits, knowledge, or guidance. If it is an amicable kiss, it means that the one who received the kiss will receive benefits from the one who kissed him, or learn something from him, or reap a new understanding of things through him. Kissing
a child in a dream means love, care and tenderness toward that child. Kissing
a servant in a dream means soliciting the friendship of her master or employer. Kissing
a married woman in a dream means seeking friendship with her husband. Kissing
someone in authority in a dream means replacing him in his function. Kissing
a judge in a dream means that one's testimony will be accepted by the court. If a judge kisses someone in a dream, it means that the latter will win a court case, or benefit from such a judge, and the same interpretation applies if a leader or a boss kisses someone in a dream. Kissing
one's father in a dream also means benefiting from one another. Kissing
one's son with passion in a dream means saving money for him, or building a business for him. Giving one's son a tender kiss in a dream means receiving joy or money from him or from his mother. Kissing
someone between the eyes in a dream means marriage. Kissing
someone's eyes in a dream means pursuing both heterosexual and homosexual life and such a dream carries a warning to cease such loathsome and unlawful practices before contracting unknown illness. Kissing
one's beloved from the mouth in a dream means money. Kissing
a woman in a dream means desiring her, or receiving news from one's beloved. Kissing
an old woman in a dream indicates an excuse or regret for a slip of the mouth. Kissing
a young girl in a dream means drinking a glass of wine. If a scholar kisses a beautiful woman in a dream, it could mean reciting the Quran, or speaking words of wisdom. If such a scholar is known to love the world and its pleasures, then what he has kissed in his dream is the world itself. Kissing
Allah's right Hand in a dream means attending a pilgrimage to Mecca and kissing
the black stone. Kissing
Allah Almighty in a dream means kissing
the holy Quran, or kissing
Allah's holy Name. If one sees Allah Almighty kissing
him in a dream, it means that his deeds are accepted. Kissing
an adorned woman or sleeping with her in a dream means marrying a wealthy widow. Kissing
a known deceased person in a dream means benefiting from his knowledge or inheriting his money. Kissing
an unknown dead person in a dream means that one will receive money from an unexpected source, or perhaps do business with his heirs. If a deceased person kisses someone in a dream, it means that the latter will receive unanticipated benefits. Lustfully kissing
a deceased person in a dream means satisfying one's needs, lust, or completing a project. If a sick person sees himself kissing
a deceased person in a dream, it means his own death. Finally, if a healthy person kisses a deceased person in a dream, it means that his words are not true. (Also see Rose)
Kiss Dream Explanation
— • Kissing: (1) Wishes will be fulfilled and matters settled to the dreamer’s satisfaction. (2) Will triumph over enemies.
God Almighty: Will kiss the Holy Book or God’s Name.
God’s right hand: Will perform the pilgrimage in Mecca (Makkah) and kiss the Black Stone there.
• God kissing
the dreamer: His deeds are blessed.
a powerful or an authoritative person: Will replace that person.
a judge, a king (ruler or boss), or an imam (spiritual leader): That judge, king, or imam will accept the dreamer’s arguments.
• Being kissed by a judge, a chief, or an imam: Will obtain some benefit or recommendation from the latter.
• A kiss from a lady: (1) People’s sympathy and enthusiasm. (2) Greetings from a loved one.
• A kiss from a girl: A cup of wine (or liquor).
• A kiss from an old woman: Apologies for saying something wrong.
• A father being kissed by a son of his who has reached the age of puberty: The father will obtain some benefit from the son or from his own father.
• A father kissing
his son with sexual passion: The former has amassed money, which he wants to give to the latter. If the kiss was without passion, the father would obtain benefits and the boy or his mother would fill his life with joy.
• A man dreaming that another man has kissed his eyes: Marriage is ahead.
or getting sexually involved or sleeping with a man with pleasure, excitement, and passion: Will have matters settled the way you want. The active partner will obtain whatever he wants from the other, in terms of good deeds, knowledge, or proper enlightenment. If there is no passion, it is the kissed one who will get those things from the active partner.
a boy: There is sympathy between the dreamer and the boy’s father.
a slave or a female servant: Will befriend her owner or employer.
a free woman: Will befriend her husband.
• A person kissing
the dreamer’s eye: He is a pimp and should fear God.
a beloved one on the lips: Will obtain one dinar (big money).
a beloved one on the cheek: Will obtain one dirham (a reasonable amount of money).
• A scholar or a savant kissing
a beautiful woman: Will read God’s words. If he is rather the worldly type, he will get what he wants from life.
or going to bed with a highly sophisticated woman with plenty of makeup, et cetera: Will marry a widow, benefit from her wealth, have children by her, and enjoy a prosperous year.
an identified dead person: Will benefit from the latter’s intellectual legacy or money or something he had done during his lifetime.
an unidentified dead person: Will acquire money from an undesirable source.
• Being kissed by a dead person: Benefits from the deceased or his heirs.
• Being kissed by an unidentified dead person: Will accept benefits or charity through an undesirable channel or way.
• Being kissed with intense sexual passion by a dead person, whether known or unknown: Matters will be settled the way you want.
• A patient dreaming that he is kissing
a dead person: Will pass away.
• A healthy person kissing
the dead: The statements the dreamer is making at this time are improper. He had better remain silent. (His words should stop, as the dead have ceased to exist.)
Rose Dream Explanation
— (Blossoms; Kiss) In a dream, a rose represents a noble person, a woman, a newborn son, or it could represent the homecoming of a long awaited traveler. Plucking roses from a rosebush in a dream means harvesting honor, love, prosperity and blessings. Kissing
a white rose in a dream means kissing
a Allah-fearing woman. Plucking a red rose in a dream means kissing
a fun loving woman. Smelling the fragrance of a yellow rose in a dream means kissing
a sick woman. A bouquet of roses in a dream means kisses, one after the other. A rosebud in a dream means a miscarriage. A rose in a dream also represents an estranged wife, or it could mean a dying woman, a losing business, a short lived happiness, or a promise that does not last. Receiving a rose from a young man in a dream means receiving a promise that will not hold too. Seeing a crown of roses over one's head in a dream means getting married. Roses on a tray in a dream signify the pleasure of youth that does not last, or they could denote the temporary joy of this world. Roses in a dream also signify praiseworthiness, or enjoying a good reputation. Rose oil or attar which is made from the petals of damask roses in a dream means intelligence, clarity of mind, a friendly and a gentle person. If a sick person sees himself laying on a bed of flowers in a dream, it means that he might die within forty days, because forty days represent the life span of a rose blossom. Cutting off a rosebush in a dream means distress. Harvesting roses in a dream means joy.
A Young Girl Dream Explanation
— If she is not known to him, she symbolises his current year. Further, if she is beautiful and healthy and she is seen speaking to him or giving him something or he sees himself hugging
her or making love to her or having intercourse with her it means the current year will prove profitable and fruitful for him. It not beautiful, the year will prove a disaster.
Embrace Dream Explanation
— The embrace symbolizes: (1) Long life. (2) Love and cordiality. (3) Good words. (4) Travel. (5) The return of an absent one. (6) The end of worries. (7) Sex.
• Embracing a dead person: Will have a long life.
• A dead person holding the dreamer tight and inescapably to defeat and humiliate him: Will die.
• Embracing a person the dreamer knows: Will mix with that person.
• Embracing a person and placing one’s head on his knees: Will keep one’s capital in the custody of that person.
• Embracing one’s enemy: Will be reconciled with him and hostilities will cease.
• Embracing or hugging
a woman: The dreamer is sticking to life and has no hope in the Hereafter.
• Embracing a man: A show of solidarity and mutual help.
• Embracing a young man: The dreamer is a persistent hypocrite.
Griffin Dream Explanation
— (Legendary bird; Mythical monster) In a dream, a griffin represents a haughty person, an innovator or a powerful person who disdains to follow the advice of the people of the faith. If a griffin talks to someone in his dream, it means that he will receive money from someone in authority, or that he could become an assistant to a strong man. If a griffin drops something to someone in a dream, it represents a divine blessing that will come at the hand of a ruler. If one sees himself riding a griffin in a dream, it means that he will rise in station and rank. If one hunts or kills a griffin in a dream, it means that he will deceive someone. If he sells a griffin in his dream, it means that he will oppress someone. If he captures it without a trick in his dream, it means that he is a courageous young man. Hugging
a griffin in a dream means marrying a beautiful woman. A griffin in a dream also represents a beautiful woman, news from a distant land, distant travels, or idle talk about what is true and what is false.
Black Stone Dream Explanation
— (The corner stone of the Kabah; Allah's House in Mecca) Seeing or holding the Black Stone of the Kabah in one's dream means paying allegiance to the ruler, or it could mean repentance from sin at the hand of a pious Imam, or it could mean kissing
one's son, wife or bosom friend. It also means serving people in the government. If one sees himself touching the Black Stone in his dream, it means that he will follow and learn at the hand of one of the Imams of the Arabian peninsula. Seeing the sacred Black Stone in a dream is perhaps an indication of going to perform one's pilgrimage. If one sees himself cutting into the Black Stone in a dream, it means that he wants people to follow his personal opinions. If he sees the pilgrims searching for the Black Stone but cannot find it in a dream, it means that he thinks of himself to be right and the rest of the people to be wrong. It also could mean that he possesses a knowledge which he hides from others. If he touches the Black Stone in his dream, it means that he follows the teachings of an Imam from among the Hijazite Arabs. If he sees the Black Stone being a castle for himself in a dream, it means that he follows religious innovations. If he swallows the Black Stone in his dream, it means that he is a affected person who will mislead people. (Also see Kabah; Corner Stone)
Izrail Dream Explanation
— (The angle of death; Bone-breaker; Death; Longevity) The archangel of death. Seeing him in a dream means martyrdom if one is inspired by it. If one sees the archangel Izrail angry with him in a dream, it means that one will die unrepented. If one sees Izrail standing above him, or battling him in a dream, it means that he will recover from a severe illness. Seeing the archangel Izrail in a dream also means longevity, or going through unavoidable circumstances, or experiencing extreme fear. If one sees himself being Izrail in a dream, it means rising in status to govern and to oppress others, or he might become an executioner, or perhaps that some major events may take place at his hand. Kissing
Izrail in a dream means receiving an inheritance. Seeing Izrail in a dream also means separations, death of sick people, losses, destruction, fire, bad news, forfeiture of properties, stagnation of the economy, losing one's source of livelihood, imprisonment, breach of promise, forgetting one's knowledge, neglecting one's prayers, obstruction of charities, hindrance of alms distribution, negating the rights of others, retreating to one's privacy, rising prices, bad crop, a tyrant ruler, glass blowing, or bankruptcy. As for one who loves to meet his Lord, seeing the archangel Izrail in a dream means attainment of one's goal, fulfillment of a promise, freedom from prison, good news and glad tidings. If an unknown or a common person approaches someone in the street and whispers something in his ear in confidence, the commoner here represents the angel of death. It is said that each human being will see the archangel Izrail three times during his lifetime, and it is the third time that Izrail, upon whom be peace, will ~
Sexual intercourse Dream Explanation
— (Adultery; Coitus; Fornication; Hugging; Instinct; Lesbian; Molesting; Sexual drive; Sleeping together, Sodomy; Tribadism) If a man sees himself having sexual intercourse with another man in a dream, it means that both of them have lost their moral dedication, that have become aimless, turned stingy toward their own dependents and generous toward others. It also means loss of one's capital, or divorcing one's wife. If a poor person sees such a dream, it means that he will fall sick, or attract an incurable disease. To have sexual intercourse with a male in a dream also means falling into sin, committing the unlawful, or engaging in sexual intercourse with a female member of one's own family, a blood relation, or a consanguineous person whom one is forbidden to marry. Molesting a child in a dream means suffering from a great affliction. Fornication with a young servant in a dream means suffering from continuous stress and a lasting depression. Sleeping with a beautiful woman one recognizes in his dream means profits. Sleeping with an ugly looking old woman in a dream means the opposite. Having sexual intercourse with an unknown woman in a dream represents the type of interactions and dealings one fosters with people in general. Accordingly, and depending on the condition of the woman one is sleeping with in a dream, one's actions will substantiate. Sleeping with someone's wife in a dream means engaging in a profitable business with the husband. If a sick person sees himself having sexual intercourse with his mother in a dream, it means his death, for the mother here represent the earth. If a woman sees herself engaging in tribadism, or a lesbian relationship with another woman she knows in a dream, it means that she will confide her personal life to her, or divulge all her secrets, become her intimate friend or a fan, shares opinions with her and emulate her actions and look in public. If she does not know that woman in the dream, it means that she will indulge in sin. If a married woman sees herself engaging in tribadism with another woman in a dream, it means that she will separate from her husband or become a widow. Engaging in sexual intercourse with a deceased person, be it a man or a woman in a dream means one's own death, unless if one is travelling, then it could mean visiting that country where the deceased person is buried. Any sexual intercourse in a dream that culminates in ejecting semen and necessitates a complete ritual ablution in wakefulness represents disturbed dreams, or engaging in a forbidden sexual intercourse from the anus, or it could represent wet dreams. Having sexual intercourse in a dream also signifies paying one's debts, or it could mean relief from pressures. Having sexual intercourse with a prostitute in a dream means love for the world, or it could mean profits. Having sexual intercourse with one's wife in a dream means success in one's trade. Having sexual intercourse with a heavenly woman in a dream means religious and spiritual attainment. (Also see Anus; Semen; Pleasure; Sodomy; Tears; Vagina)
Breast Dream Explanation
— (Woman's milk-producing glands) A woman's breast in a dream represents one's wife, progeny and a large property. They also represent honor and prosperity. Their beauty is her beauty, and their ailment is her illness. If one sees a woman hanging down from her breast in a dream, it means that she has committed adultery and that she will give birth to a bastard son. If a man sees milk coming from his breast, and if he is poor, it means that his poverty will end, his life will be a long one, and he will even carry the financial responsibility of caring for two of his brothers. If he is unmarried, it means that he argues about his fertility and doubts his own ability to conceive children. If a young woman sees her breasts in a dream, it means that she will bear a child. Otherwise, if a single young girl sees her own breasts in a dream, it means that she will get married. If a female child sees herself having matured breasts in a dream, it means her death. If a man sees himself suckling milk from a woman he does not recognize in a dream, it means a long sickness. Otherwise, if his wife is pregnant, it means kissing
his wife's breasts. Suckling milk from a woman's breast also means imprisonment and deprivation, stress and sadness. If an old man sees the breast of a woman in his dream, it means that he will hear bad news. If a teenager sees that, it means that he is in love. If a man sees himself having a female milk suckling breast in a dream, it means friends, children, or a wife who are of no benefit to him. If such breasts look hanging tall in the dream, it means either death of one's child, or it could mean that one will commit a sin. If one's breasts are dripping milk in a dream, they represent a woman who cares about her home duty, or it could mean falling into debts. If one's breasts are transformed into iron or copper in the dream, it means loss of a child. A growth in children's bosom or breasts in a dream means an illness, festering wounds, or it could mean an ulcer. The nipple of the female breast in a dream represents one's personal wardrobe. Woman's breasts in a dream also may be interpreted to mean one's father and mother. (Also see Body)
Quran Dream Explanation
— (Also see Quranic Verses and Sarah's.)
• Reading the Holy Quran openly: Trustworthiness, righteousness, virtue, and deterrence from vice in view of certain verses in the Holy Book itself: “They are not alike. Of the People of the Scripture there is a staunch community who recite the revelations of Allah all night long, falling prostrate (before Him). They believe in Allah and the Last Day, and enjoin right conduct and forbid indecency, and vie one another in good work. They are of the righteous.” (“Al-‘Imram” [The Imran Family], verses 113–14.)
• Reading in a Mushaf : Will acquire wisdom, dignity, and good repute and faith will be strengthened. The Mushaf in general, represents wisdom.
• Buying a Mushaf: The dreamer’s religious knowledge will expand and spread, and he will benefit others.
• Selling a Mushaf: The dreamer will indulge in sins and abominations.
• Burning a Mushaf: The dreamer will lose religious faith.
• Stealing a Holy Quran: The dreamer will forget prayer.
• Holding a book or a Mushaf and opening it to find its pages blank: Appearances are deceitful or tricky.
• Eating a Mushaf or the pages of a Mushaf: The dreamer is taking money to transcribe the pages of the Holy Book, which is an illicit or immoral gain.
the Mushaf: No shortcomings in discharging the dreamer’s duties.
• Writing Quranic texts in porcelain or mother-of-pearl or on a dress: The dreamer is interpreting the Quran the way he likes.
• Writing the Quran on the ground: The dreamer is an atheist.
• Reading the Quran without clothes: The dreamer is whimsical.
• Using the Quran as a pillow: The dreamer does not respect and preserve properly his Mushaf, despite the injunction by the Holy Prophet not to do so.
• A person with bad memory having managed to memorize the Holy Quran: The dreamer will become a king (or almost), owing to the verse that reads as follows: “He said: Set me over the storehouses of the land. Lo! I am a skilled custodian.” (“Yusuf’ [Joseph], verse 55.) In Arabic, the verbs for to “memorize” and “to preserve” are homonyms.)
• Listening to the Holy Quran: Authority will be enhanced and life will end beautifully and will be shielded against all sorts of intrigues, in view of the Quranic verse that reads: “And when thou recites the Quran, we place before thee and those who believe not in the Hereafter a hidden barrier.” (“Bani Israil” [The Children of Israel], verse 45.)
• The Mushaf being taken away from the dreamer: He will be deprived of his science and no longer active in this world.
• The Quran being read out to the dreamer without his being able to understand it: Harm will befall him, either from Heaven or from the sultan (authority), owing to the verse: “And they say: Had we but listened or used our brain, we would not have been among the dwellers of the Blazing Fire.” (“Al-Mulk” [Sovereignty, or Majesty], verse 10.)
Sex Dream Explanation
— (Also see Incest, Necromancy, and Sodomy.) In general, sex means successful achievements, the settlement of debts, joy, relief from trouble, and aims that will be reached or a high position that will be attained. It could also be a reference to a most cherished person. Most, if not all, interpreters consider dreams that end up with an orgasm as null and void, for their being more physical than anything else. In such undesired culminations they advise thorough washing after leaving bed. (See Adultery.) For others, a dream concluded with ejaculation means that wishes will be fulfilled. If the sex partner is unknown, the dream is more likely to come true.
• Having sex but being unable to ejaculate: The dreamer is seeking difficult knowledge, concealed wisdom, et cetera. In case his organ is not hard, he will not get what he is after. The reverse is true inasmuch as there are libido and vigour.
• Having sex with a woman: Welfare and good fortune for the man’s family.
• Entrusting a woman with a secret: The dreamer wishes to have sex with her. (See under Secret.)
• Having sex the usual way with one’s wife: The dreamer will be good and generous to her.
• A man dreaming of having sex with his spouse too adorned or sophisticated and more elegant or simply different from what she looks like in reality: The dreamer will have a good and prosperous years as much as his sex partner looked attractive. If the lady was anonymous, he would become powerful, but no guess could be made as to what benefit he will reap during that year.
• Having sex with one’s wife during her menses: The dreamer must abstain from making love to her.
• Having sex with one’s pious wife: Great prosperity.
• Having sex with one’s ill-reputed wife and seeing her vagina during the act: The dreamer will prosper tremendously (but less than in the former case), and the dreamer’s requests will be granted.
• Sodomizing one’s wife: The dreamer is demanding something extraordinary or involving innovation, which he will fail to obtain or he is becoming a heretic and fails to follow the Tradition of the Muslims Holy Prophet.
• Having sex with one’s dead wife: Something bad will happen.
• A man seeing somebody making love to his wife: That person, if known, will beat the husband in business.
• Having sex with an adulteress: Poverty and failure.
• Having sex with the wife of a man whom the dreamer knows: The betrayed husband will obtain riches through his wife.
• Having sex with a Christian lady: Uncertain power.
• Seeing an atheist enemy having sex with a Muslim lady: The enemy will raid the spot where the act was seen. Likewise, a Muslim having sex with a lady from the other camp means the opposite assault.
• A man dreaming of having sex with a known woman: Welfare for the family of either party. If, having failed to overwhelm her, he only fools around (touching, mutual excitement, et cetera) or commits minor sins with her, her family will not be as lucky as in the former case, domination being superior to simple hugging
, and so on.
• Deflowering a virgin: The dreamer will own a slave or make love to or marry a pretty woman during the year.
• Deflowering a slave: Power and benefits or wealth.
• Going into a black female slave: Worries, but which will quickly disappear.
• A man dreaming of having sex with another: The passive partner will get some benefit from the intruder.
• Having sex with or sodomizing one’s male slave, subordinate, subject, or nation: Escape from trouble and increase in property and wealth (or realm, if the dreamer is a king or ruler). Or perhaps the dreamer will have more children. The reverse would mean that the dreamer is underestimated, disregarded, or taken lightly, especially if he was sodomized by his slave or servant.
• A man sodomizing a consenting sheikh (old man or tribal chieftain): Something very beneficial will happen.
• Sodomizing an unknown old man: Good omen, that man being, presumably, the dreamer’s own perseverance or struggle in life in which he is injecting vigour (semen), as the words grandfather and hard work or endeavours in Arabic are homonyms.
• Being sodomized by the caliph (ruler or chief of any kind): The dreamer will rule over a province or be given an important post.
• Having sex with a teenage boy: Calamity is ahead.
• Having sex with a little boy: The dreamer will suffer moral depression and perpetual worries.
• Having sex with one’s little boy (or little girl): The boy will be ill, and some harm will befall the dreamer.
• A poor man dreaming that he has sex with his young adopted child: He will send the boy to a teacher to seek knowledge.
• A rich man dreaming that he has sex with his young adoptive child: He will donate plenty of things to the boy and write a testament bequeathing all that he owns to the child.
• Having sex with a little girl: The dreamer will deflower a slave (or servant).
• Having sex with one’s grown-up daughter: The girl will get married and the father will generously furnish and equip her new home. Having sex with one’s daughter married to another man: She will be separated from her husband and return to her father’s house. A poor man whose daughter is well off having the same dream will obtain great benefits from or through his daughter.
• Having sex with an unidentified dead woman: Desires will be fulfilled.
• Sodomizing a dead man or a woman dreaming of having been penetrated by a dead person: (1) Benefits from an undesirable source, as the dead are undesirable sex partners. (2) The dreamer will pray for the dead person.
• Sodomizing a man without problems: Harmony prevails between the two partners during that period, and the passive one will benefit from the other, be he identified or not.
• Sodomizing an identified dead man: The dreamer will do something good in memory of the latter, such as offering prayers, et cetera.
• Having incestuous sex or making love to a prohibited dead relative: Again, the dreamer will pray for, give alms in memory of, or visit that relative’s grave.
• Making love to one’s mother seen dead in the dream: The dreamer will meet her if she is alive. Having sex with her in the grave means death.
• A man dreaming or someone dreaming of him that he is having sex with his mother, sister, brother, or similar prohibited relative seen as dead in the dream: He is not sustaining them as he should, but will change his attitude and be fair to them. It could also mean trouble or worries or, on the contrary, benefit to both parties. If they are alive, it means the reverse and that he does not have much affection for them. In case, according to his dream, the act took place during the Muslims sacred months, he will go to Mecca (Makkah) for the pilgrimage.
• An identified dead person making love to a living one: The latter will get some benefit from a bequest or the heirs of the former, be it material or otherwise.
• Marrying and penetrating a dead woman: The dreamer will revive a dead matter as important as the deceased was beautiful. If the dreamer does not overwhelm or penetrate her, the fulfilment will not be perfect.
• A woman having sex with another: She will confide her secrets and share the views and acts of her homosexual partner. If she does not know her lesbian mate, she will do something wrong.
• A married woman dreaming that another female has engaged her in sexual intercourse: She will part from her man, become a widow, and as the days go by share secrets with her lesbian sex partner.
• A high dignitary dreaming that after starting to make love to a woman she turned into a man: He will fail to get a high position he is requesting, or, simply, his aspirations will not be fulfilled. The same dream applied to the public means that life will get tough.
• One’s thigh making love to the other: The dreamer will marry a relative.
• Having sex with a woman from Paradise: The dreamer will become virtuous and knowledgeable in religion as much as she was beautiful.
• Having sex with a woman from Paradise while the children of Paradise are roving around: The dreamer will become a ruler or get some benefit.
• Making love to an unveiled girl from Paradise: The dreamer will hear things about religion that please him and will discreetly do good deeds on the religious plane, such as alms giving and Jihad (struggle for the sake of God).
• Seeing something rotten: Bad vaginal smell. A man told Ibn Siren, “I dreamed that I bought a robe embroidered with the best silk, which was folded up. When I unfolded and hung it, I found it rotten in the middle.” “Did you buy an Andalusian slave?” asked Ibn Siren. “Yes,” said the man. “Did you have sex with her?” “No, for I have not yet checked her.” “Don’t bother to do so, because her genitals stink.” And so it was, when the man had his new slave checked by his women.
• A horseman having stepped down from a mare for some adventitious matter and keeping back provisionally without unsaddling it: His wife has her menses, and he will stay away from her temporarily. But if he stepped down to ride another mare, he will have a second woman. If he turns his face after stepping down, he will stay away from his wife for some time. If, after stepping down, he pisses blood, he is indulging in adultery (because, according to the ancient Arabs, the soil is a woman and pissing is sex, while blood symbolizes what is prohibited).
• Having sex with or sodomizing an unknown mammal or bird: Victory over an enemy and the dreamer will unduly wrench financial benefits from the vanquished.
• Having sex with or sodomizing an identified animal: The dreamer will be good to an undeserving party and will not be rewarded.
• Being sodomized by an animal: The dreamer will be over chivalrous.
• Mixing or having intercourse with a lion: The dreamer will be secure from the enemy’s evil, and hostility will cease, to be replaced by a lasting friendship.
• Sodomizing a lion: The dreamer will triumph over the enemy, whoever he may be. The reverse is also true.
• Sodomizing a lioness: The dreamer will be saved from many hardships, rise, and become prestigious, awesome, and highly solicited.
• Sodomizing a tiger: The dreamer will have passion for a woman whose folk are unjust.
• Having sex with a cow: The dreamer will enjoy a year of undue prosperity.
• Butchering an ox from the nape of its neck or any place other than the conventional neck: The dreamer will be unjust to a man, attack him or betray him, cause him financial and moral or physical damage, or sodomize him, unless he slaughtered the ox to eat its meat or benefit from its grease or skin.
• Having sex with a monkey: The dreamer will commit an abomination.
• Having sex with a ewe: The dreamer will obtain undue money and will have a silent but fertile year.
• Slaughtering a ewe: The dreamer will have sex with or marry a woman.
• Introducing the penis in one’s own rectum: (1) The dreamer is overspending or will do so. (2) Far from being helpful, the dreamer is stingy with those who need his financial assistance and other good deeds. (3) The dreamer will divorce. (4) Severe illness, in case the dreamer is poor. (5) Incest.
• Making love to a packhorse: (1) The dreamer will do a favour for his wife. (2) The dreamer will abstain from complaining of any weakness.
• Making love to a donkey: The dreamer will be super active.
• A donkey making love to the dreamer: The dreamer will get tremendously rich and extremely good-looking.
Sodomy Dream Explanation
— (Also see Sex, Incest, and Necromancy.)
• Sodomizing a man: (1) Joy and alleviation from grief or trouble. (2) The two parties will do something wrong through ignorance.
• Sodomizing the sultan (ruler or chief): The dreamer will lose his money. The reverse is true.
• Sodomizing a stranger: (1) The dreamer will overspend. (2) The dreamer will render a just judgment.
• Sodomizing one’s father: The dreamer is an obedient and affectionate son; otherwise he could never have such a dream, according to Ibn Siren.
• Sodomizing a young but unknown man: Triumph over an enemy (young men generally being regarded as enemies) if the dreamer knows him and there is a dispute between the two. In the absence of hostility, it means that the passive partner will receive some benefit from the active one, his homonym (a person sharing the same name), or a counterpart. The same interpretation would apply, but with a lesser victory or less benefits, if impassioned kisses and intercourse in bed between the two men does not culminate in sodomy. If the dreamer sees himself kissing
a man without sexual passion, it means that he will receive some benefit from the one he has kissed inasmuch as he was accepted.
• Being sodomized by one’s adversary: The dreamer will triumph over him.
• Sodomizing a child: Wrongdoing, sorrow, and hardships.
• Being sodomized by a known man: The dreamer will join hands with him for some mischief.
• Sodomizing one’s wife: The dreamer is turning heretical or running after some extraordinary matter involving innovation, which he will fail to obtain. In any case, he is not following the Tradition of the Muslims Holy Prophet.
• A man sodomizing a consenting sheikh (old man, businessman, or tribal chieftain): Something very beneficial will occur.
• Sodomizing an unknown old man: Good omen, that man being, presumably, the dreamer’s own perseverance or struggle in life, in which he is injecting vigour, as the words grandfather and endeavours are homonyms in Arabic.
• An identified dead man sodomizing a living human: The latter will obtain a share from the former’s bequest or from his heirs or kith and kin.
• Sodomizing a dead man: The dreamer will pray for the latter.
• Being sodomized by the caliph (or ruler): The dreamer will rule over a province or be given an important position. Sodomizing a man without problems: Harmony prevails between the two partners during that period, and the passive one will benefit from the other, be he identified or not.
• Penetrating the anus of a prelate: The dreamer will sweep dirt.
• Being sodomized by an animal: The dreamer will be over chivalrous.
• Having sex with or sodomizing an unknown mammal or bird: Victory over an enemy and the dreamer will unduly wrench financial benefits from the vanquished.
• Having sex with or sodomizing an identified animal: The dreamer will be good to an undeserving party and should not expect a reward.
• Having sex with or sodomizing one’s male slave, subordinate, subject, or nation: Escape from trouble and increase in property and wealth (or realm, if the dreamer is a king or a ruler). Or perhaps the dreamer will have more children. The reverse means that the dreamer is underestimated, disregarded, or taken lightly, especially if in the dream he was sodomized by his slave or servant.
• Sodomizing a lion: The dreamer will triumph over his enemy, whoever he may be. The reverse is also true.
• Sodomizing a lioness: The dreamer will be saved from many hardships, rise, and become prestigious, awesome, and highly solicited.
• Sodomizing a tiger: The dreamer will have passion for a woman whose folks are unjust.
• Butchering an ox from the nape of its neck or any place other than the conventional neck: The dreamer will sodomize a man.
Allah Dream Explanation
— Allah Almighty, Lord, Creator and Cherisher of the universes. There is nothing like unto Him and He is the All-Hearing, the Al-Seeing Lord. Seeing Him in a dream can be interpreted according to one's state of being. If one sees Him in His glory and majesty, without descriptive designation, without ascription of human characteristics to Him and without depiction or portrayal in the dream, it is an indication of glad tidings for both this world and the hereafter. These blessings also may continue to affect the lives of one's progeny. If one sees Him otherwise in a dream, it means confusion, and particularly if the Almighty Lord does not address him. If an ailing person sees Him in a dream, it means that he will soon die and come to meet Him. If a straying soul sees Allah Almighty in a dream, it will find guidance. If an oppressed person sees Him, it means that justice will prevail and he will triumph over his oppressors. Hearing Allah's words without designation represents the imagination of the person in the dream. Perhaps hearing His words in a dream appeases one's heart and increases the perbond drive for success. Hearing Allah's words without seeing Him represents the rising of one's station. If one receives revelations from behind a veil in a dream, it means mental confusion and innovation. This is most true if a messenger comes in one's dream and describes the one who spoke as Allah. In this case, the dream is a nightmare, because Allah Almighty cannot be depicted according to human descriptions. If one sees a picture of Allah in his dream, it means that he is a liar who ascribes images to Allah Almighty that do not befit His Majesty and Glory. If one hears Allah Almighty talking to him directly and if he can focus at Him in the dream, it means that he will be encompassed with Allah's mercy and blessings. If one sees Allah Almighty in a dream, it means that he will look at His Divine countenance in the hereafter. Seeing Allah Almighty seated on the Divine Throne in a dream means elevation of one's rank, knowledge and increase in his wealth. If one sees himself running away to hide from Allah Almighty in a dream, it means that he will change the course of his devotion into heedlessness. Seeing a veil separating between the servant and his Lord in a dream means that one will commit major sins and abominable actions. If one sees his Lord frowning at him, whereby he could not bear the effulgence of Allah's light, or if he is seized by a shock and immediately commences to repent and pray for forgiveness in the dream, it means that such a person is indulging in abominable actions, and that he is a despicable sinner who follows his own mind and desires, and that he is an innovator of religious thoughts who misleads the people. If one hears Allah Almighty talking to him in a dream, it represents an admonition and a warning to abstain from sin. If one hears Allah Almighty talking to him in a dream, it also means that one is more assiduous in his recital of the Quran. If one hears Allah Almighty talking to him with words he cannot understand, then if He anoints him and blesses him in the dream, it means that Allah Almighty will bring him nigh unto Himself and exalt his station. If one sees Allah Almighty in a form resembling one's father, a brother or a relative and showing His kindness or blessing him in a dream, it means that he will be afflicted with a calamity and a major illness. If a righteous person sees himself standing before Allah Almighty in reverence and filled with awe in a dream, it means that mercy will encompass him and help him to further his growth. The same interpretation applies if one sees himself prostrating before Him. If Allah Almighty speaks to someone from behind a veil in a dream, it can also represent a good worshipper, but if the Divine address takes place without a veil in the dream, it means falling into sin. If Allah Almighty names someone in his dream with his birth name, then adds another title to it, it means rising in station and rank. If one sees Allah Almighty angry with him in a dream, it means that his parents are displeased with him. This description includes seeing oneself falling from the skies or from the top of a mountain. If a devoted servant sees Allah Almighty kissing
him in a dream, it applies to his growing devotion and reward. Fearing Allah Almighty in a dream reflects eminence, peacefulness, quiescence, wealth of being and disregard for material needs. (Also see Carriers of the Divine Throne; Divine Throne; Educator; Allah's will; King) Allergic disorder (See Hives)
Archangels Dream Explanation
— Azrail (the Archangel of Death)
• Seeing Azrail: (1) Must prepare for death. (2) Death of a sick person. (3) A lurking enemy. (4) Will have a long life.
• Azrail seeming happy: The dreamer will die as a martyr.
• Azrail frowning and looking unhappy: The dreamer will die without repenting.
• Wrestling with Azrail: (1) If he overcomes the Angel of Death, the dreamer will face death, but God will save him. (2) If the Angel of Death gains the upper hand, the dreamer will die.
Azrail or vice versa: (1) Inheritance. (2) Dispersal. (3) Something bad will happen. Israfil (the archangel who will blow the horn to summon mankind on the Day of Resurrection)
• Seeing Israfil: Good tidings and a beneficial trip.
• Israfil bending and blowing the horn and only the dreamer hearing its sound: The dreamer will pass away. Israfil bending and blowing the horn and other people in the area hearing the horn: (1) Death and atrocities will take place in that spot. (2) Justice will prevail and the unjust will perish. Jibril (Gabriel) Seeing Jibril:
• Will embark on a journey to seek knowledge abroad and return successfully. In modern terms, will study and graduate from abroad.
• Will triumph over enemies.
• Will promote virtue and combat vice.
• Being hostile to Jibril or arguing with him: Will arouse God’s wrath and anger and concur with non-Muslims.
• Taking food from Jibril: Will deserve Paradise.
• Jibril looking sad and worried: Will encounter hardships and be punished, for Gabriel is not only the Archangel of Knowledge and Learning but of Chastisement as well.
• Jibril appearing in a city or village: Abundance and cheaper prices, because he is the Archangel of Mercy, too. Malek (the Custodian of Hell)
• Seeing Malek: Will be questioned or arrested by the police.
• Malek smiling: Will be safe from prison.
• Malek seen smiling by a sick person: The dreamer may die.
• Malek giving some nice food to the dreamer: (1) You love God, His Messenger, and the believers. (2) You will have more dignity and power. (3) You will abstain from hypocrisy and sins. (4) You will return to the right path after erring.
• A cordial and enthusiastic Malek: Will be safe from Hell.
• Malek dissatisfied with the dreamer, turning away or staring angrily at him: Will commit something conducive to Hell. Mikail (Michael) Seeing Mikail:
• For a person who fears God: desires will be fulfilled on earth and in the Hereafter; for a disbeliever: A warning!
• Will acquire money, dignity, and power.
• Will be generous and charitable. Radwan (the Custodian of Paradise)
• Seeing Radwan: (1) Felicity, lasting happiness. (2) The fulfilment of promises. (3) The fulfilment of wishes. (3) Achievements. (5) Reconciliation and return of the good favours of the authority, especially if Radwan has given the dreamer a fruit or a cloth from Paradise or has been smiling at him. (6) God’s blessing, prosperity. (7) Nice living. (8) The end of all worries.
• Radwan appearing happy with the dreamer or treating him cordially: God is pleased with the subject and will shower His overt and covert blessings on him. Siddiqoon, Alias Nuriai, Alias Ruhail. (The Archangel of Dreams and Adages Based on the “Guarded Tablets.”)21 Siddiqoon symbolizes excellence, the science of probing and unveiling secrets, the interpreter who translates for kings and knows their secrets, and the erudite.
• Seeing Siddiqoon: (1) Good augury, good tidings. (2) Avid reading in tablets and books, as is the case with those working in the fields of education and writing. (3) Joy. (4) The fulfilment of promises. (5) Life and death. (6) Governing. (7) Marriage and children. (8) Travel and return. (9) Glory and defeat.
• Siddiqoon telling or giving something to the dreamer: It will be so.
Holy Book Dream Explanation
— (Quran; The Last Revelation) In a dream, the Holy Book, or the Quran represents a king or a judge who deals with Islamic jurisprudence. If a king, a ruler, or a judge sees that the Holy Book does no longer exist, or if he sees it burning, or if its contents are washed away in a dream, it means his death. If one sees a ruler or a governor handwriting a copy of the Holy Book in a dream, it means that he is a just person who uses the divine laws in making his decision. If a judge sees himself handwriting a copy of the Holy Book in a dream, it means that he does not share his knowledge, and that he is audacious about his rank and status. If a religious scholar or a theologian sees himself writing a copy of Holy Book in a dream, it means that he will profit from a business deal. If one sees a king, or a ruler swallowing the Holy Book in a dream, it means that he may die soon. If a judge swallows the Holy Book in a dream, it means that he accepts bribes. If a ruler sees himself erasing what is written in the Holy Book in a dream, it means that he will be exiled. If a judge erases what is written in the Holy Book in a dream, it also means his death. If he erases it by licking it with his own tongue in a dream, it means that he will commit an awful sin. If a witness erases it in a dream, it means that he will deny his own testimony. Carrying the Holy Book, or buying a copy of the Quran in a dream means living by its criterion. Reading from the Holy Book before Allah's Prophet, upon whom be peace, in a dream means that one will commit himself to memorizing it. Eating the pages of the Holy Book in a dream means accepting bribes. If a layman eats the pages of the Holy Book, or few lines from some pages in a dream, it means that he earns his livelihood from reciting the Holy Quran or teaching it. Eating the pages of the Holy Book in a dream also means earning one's livelihood from copying and selling it. Seeing the Holy Book in a dream also mans growing in wisdom. Handwriting copies of the Holy Book in a dream denotes one's piety, or it could represent a religious scholar who lives by the book, act by its commands and shares his knowledge with others. Tearing off the pages of the Holy Book in a dream means ingratitude toward Allah's revelations, or denying Allah's favors, or questioning some of them. If one does something to the Holy Book in his dream that he would abhor to do in wakefulness, it means that he has lost his religious devotion and faith. Carrying a copy of the Holy Book in a dream means attaining power and acquiring knowledge. The Holy Book in a dream also represents a husband, a wife, a son, or wealth. If a sick person sees it in his dream, it means that he will recover from his illness. If the one who sees it in his dream is facing an enemy, it means that he will triumph over him. If he is a sinner, it means that he will repent of his sins and turn to his Lord, or it could mean that he may receive an inheritance. If one sees himself following innovations and he recognizes that in his sleep, his dream denotes a warning from Allah Almighty. Seeing the Holy Book in a dream also could mean seeing wonders, witnessing a miracle, hearing news, receiving happy news, or it could mean longevity for one who browse through it from cover to cover in his dream. The Holy Book in a dream also represents gardens, heavens, places of worship, or a person one is commanded to obey, such as a ruler, or a father, a mother, one's teacher, or sheikh, or it could mean making a true oath, receiving glad tidings, admonition or a warning. Seeing the Holy Book or any of the early divine revelations in a dream means that one may preside over people. If one sees himself carrying the Holy Book, or even any book of revelations, and if when he opens it finds the pages blank with no writing inside it in the dream, it means that he portrays himself to be what he is not, or that he impersonates a scholar, or pretends to be religious. Kissing
the Holy Book in a dream means revering what it contains and adhering to what it commands. If one looks into the pages of the Holy Book and finds its lines crooked in a dream, it means that he lives satisfied with what he has, and fulfils his required duties accordingly. Stealing a copy of the Holy Book and hiding it in a dream means that one cheats in performing his own prayers, or fails to do them properly. If one sees himself looking in the Holy Book, then writing from what he is reading on his own garment in the dream, it means that he interprets the Quranic revelation according to his own liking. If one sees a Holy Book sitting in his lap, then if a chick comes and picks all the words written therein in a dream, it means that one will beget a child who will memorize and read the Holy Quran as an inheritance, and benefit from the piety of his father, and as a trust, a lawful earning and a source of strength in his life. Buying a copy of the Holy Book in dream means benefits, prosperity and becoming a renowned and a distinguished religious scholar. If the Holy Book is snatched away from someone's hands in a dream, it means that he will lose his knowledge, or perhaps lose his employment. If one sees himself spreading the pages of the Holy Book on a flat surface in a dream, it means that he is seeking wisdom which he will get, or that he may receive an inheritance. If one sees himself putting the Holy Book over his shoulders in a dream, it means that he will receive an appointment, or be entrusted with a duty to guard, or that he will memorize the Holy Quran. If one finds himself trying to eat the pages of the Holy Book in a dream, it means that he is a regular reader of the Quran. If one sees himself trying to eat the pages of the holy Book but is unable to do so in a dream, it means that he tries to memorize the Holy Quran from time to time but keeps forgetting what he learns. (Also see Quran)
Women Dream Explanation
— The sight of a woman, in general, is a good augury, especially if she is sprightly, adorned, and complacent, with a smiling face. And the best woman to be seen in a dream is the unknown, young, virtuous, and very dark-skinned Arab woman, according to Ibn Siren. An unknown old and ugly or imperfect woman symbolizes life on earth, which is the essence of temptation and intrigue. Such a life appeared to the Holy Prophet in the shape of a woman when he ascended beyong heaven, one night, to meet Allah. Hence the belief that women are temptation and intrigue. Similarly, worldly life was seen by many people in their dreams as an old, imperfect woman. It follows that a poor man dreaming that such a woman is considering his situation should expect luck to smile on him again. Flowers in his garden will blossom, his dead fields will start greening again, and he will become self-sufficient. If ill, he shall recover. If forgetful of life after death, he shall come back to his senses. The same dream applied to the public means that the people will reap harvest during the year in which they had lost hope or in the year that immediately follows it. It could also mean that a spreading and vicious war will come to an end and that normalcy will be restored.
• An unveiled and adorned old woman: A sign that success will be quick.
• A grim-faced old woman: Prestige will go.
• An ugly old woman: Things will turn upside-down to the dreamer’s detriment.
• A naked old woman: Scandal.
• A veiled old woman: Regret.
• An old woman entering the dreamer’s house: Luck and success in life.
• An old woman leaving the dreamer’s house: Will lose everything on earth.
• An old Muslim woman: An honest life.
• An old non-Muslim woman: A life full of sins.
• An old woman complying with the dreamer’s desires: Objectives will be fulfilled insomuch as she was complacent.
• An old woman disobeying the dreamer’s orders despite his pleas and insistence: Hurdles. The dream is more likely to come true if the old woman was an unidentified one. However, Sheikh Abdul Ghani Al-Nabulsi has a completely different concept of dreams involving old women, a concept the author of this book finds more rational, since the Arabic word for old woman is ajouz from ajz, which means “incapacity” or “inability.” It follows that an old woman represents: (1) Incapacity, especially if she appears sick. (2) Declining fortune. (3) Sorrow. (4) The Hereafter, since senility is the reverse of liveliness. (5) Wine, since in Arabic the word khamr, or wine, could refer to an old woman.60 (6) A cow, since again in Arabic, an old woman is sometimes referred to as a cow. (7) Wickedness and deceit. (8) Gossip. (9) Fertility after despair. (10) Sterile land.
• A thirsty old woman: Drought.
• A weak old woman: A year of drought. The reverse is also true.
• A rejuvenated old woman: The end of drought.
• An old woman entering a patient’s room: Possible death.
• An old woman coming to a pregnant lady: Good augury, because old women traditionally look after children and mothers after delivery.
• A man handling some important matter dreaming that he was in the company of or having sex with an old woman: Will fail and objectives will not be fulfilled.
• A veiled old woman with only the eyes visible: Hardships and regret.
• An ugly old woman: Intrigue and war.
• An old atheist woman: Illicit gains.
• An armed old woman: Lawful gains and joy.
• A woman dreaming that she had become old: Prestige, respect, and virtue.
• An unknown old woman: A dry year.
• People marvelling at an old woman descending from heaven: The year of the dreamer’s gains.
• An old woman having ceased to have sex dreaming that her vigour and sexual passion are back and that she is having legitimate intercourse: Will be more successful in both religious and worldly matters. In the event of forbidden sex she will be more successful only in earthly matters.
• A smiling and enthusiastic young woman flirting with the dreamer or allowing him to dominate or command her: Marriage or recovery from a stomach or any other disease.
• An unknown young, beautiful, neat, pious, and almost ascetic woman: The Hereafter and whatever is done to merit Paradise, such as honest living, good deeds, et cetera. But she could also symbolize: (1) Ephemeral life. (2) Money or assets that do not stay, as beauty withers away. (3) Dead earth. (4) A devastated house.
• A known woman with the above description: A reference to the person herself, a lady sharing the same name or who resembles her, or her opposite number.
• Seeing a woman so beautiful that the dreamer imagines her to be a creature from Paradise as described in the Holy Quran (houreyyah, or nymph with enormous black and pristine eyeballs contrasting with her skin, like a deer): Will die as a martyr for the sake of God.
• Seeing an earthly creature with that description: Being saved from any kind of trouble, money, a ship, a camel, or a caravan, et cetera, the dreamer will come back from a journey bringing welfare; any wish or request will be granted by the ruler or chief; crops will grow; and so on and so forth.
• A perfect woman: An allusion to what her name refers to on earth or in the other world, for a woman is a world in herself or to whoever enters her life; she is delight and passion and ecstasy. In terms of the Hereafter, she reforms her man on the religious plane. She could also symbolize power or the ruler or chief himself, because she governs her man by enticing him and arousing his passion, making him strive and toil like a slave to try to make her happy. Analogies are also drawn between women and earth and the grave, as man comes from earth and returns to it; gardens, the fruit-bearing tree; the year (in view of what it conceives and delivers); cows (because of the milk) and ewes; the rain; and, revolting as it may seem to contemporary women’s liberation activists, anything that a man rides or steps on or that is hollow like a box, or used for storage, be it a ship, an animal, a sole or a complete shoe, a carpet or rug, or a sink. She is also represented by a glass bottle and by the toilet. Likewise, the woman symbolizes the prison; the partner, as she shares man’s wealth and pleasure; any secret, the underwear; the ink pot; and the seat.
• Talking to or mixing, joking, or playing with a pretty woman who has entered one’s house: (1) A fruitful year. (2) Welfare and joy. (3) An end to poverty and to poor luck. (4) Liberation from prison.
• A woman commanding people and inviting them to obey God: Piety.
• An authoritarian woman addressing the public and telling them what they should and what they should not do: Religious benefit.
• A woman as described above opposing the public or touching or kissing
the audience or showing her private parts: Intrigue or a proving matter in which those seen getting anything from her will perish in view of verse 35 of the Quranic chapter “Al-Anbiyae” (The Prophets), which says: “Every soul must taste of death, and We try you with evil and with good, for ordeal. And unto Us ye will be returned.”
• A large number of women being moved to a certain place on horse or camelback and carrying weapons or tools: Workers will flock to the area.
• Having a dispute with a woman, especially if she holds a public post or enjoys a high social position, then resenting her: (1) Will lose one’s bread. (2) Will fade out. (3) Well-being and power will wane, but after a while everything will be back to normal.
• Seeing a dishevelled woman—an absolute stranger: Will imminently lose something. But if she is pretty, will find it again.
a lady: Will lose something.
• Having sex with a woman: Bad omen.
• Carrying a beautiful woman: (1) Recovery from a disease. (2) Release from prison. (3) Relief.
• A religious-minded man seeing an adulteress or an atheistic woman: Good augury and blessings.
• A profligate seeing an adulteress or a dissolute woman: His faith will weaken further; he will indulge in sins, vice, and evil.
• A sterile woman becoming pregnant: Welfare and reform in one’s life and in the Hereafter.
• A group of women looking at the dreamer and one of them inviting him to join in: (1) Bad reputation, though innocent. (2) Will obtain what he is aiming for, but later on. (3) His enemies will not have the upper hand.
• A dispute among numerous women: Strange events will disturb some people. The reverse is also true.
• A young man smiling at the dreamer: The revival of dead matters.
• A fat woman: A fertile or fruitful year.
• A slim woman: A poor year.
• An old woman: Nothing good should be expected from such a dream, unless she is unveiled and adorned.
• Negresses61 coming to the dreamer: Lots of legitimate benefits.
• A black woman: A dark night. A bad omen, unless she belongs to someone.
• A white woman: A night softened by moonlight.
• A woman being sold: Power will wane and stability will be shaken, but not forever.
• Seeing a woman other than those the dreamer sees when he is awake: The dreamer will lose some of his assets, then find them again. Killing such a woman would mean that a large chunk of the dreamer’s wealth will go. Having sex with her means all his wealth will be lost.
• A lady seeing an old woman: (1) A reference to her own efforts. (2) Her endeavours will fail.
• A lady seeing a young woman: An enemy, whatever she looks like.
• A young woman dreaming that she has become old: She is a virtuous one.
• A woman dreaming that all her hair has turned white: (1) Her husband is a debauchee. If not, he will swap her for another woman or slave. (2) Somehow she will bring grief and sorrow to her husband.
• A woman with black hair: (1) Her husband loves her. (2) Her husband is a righteous man.
• A married woman dreaming that she has uncovered her hair: Her husband will be absent. If her hair remained uncovered, the husband would never come back.
• An unmarried woman dreaming that she has uncovered her hair: Will never get married.
• A woman seeing her thick hair admired by people: Will have a scandal.
God Dream Explanation
— According to a contemporary Arab author, Saad ibn Khalaf Al-Afnan, whose small book is sold in Saudi Arabia, to see God Almighty in a dream is impossible, since no human being in wakefulness can perceive or imagine what the Creator is like. He backs up his assertion with two verses from the Holy Quran: (1) “Vision comprehendeth Him not, but He comprehendeth (all) vision” (“Surat Al-Anam” [Cattle], verse 103); and (2) “And when Moses came to Our appointed tryst and his Lord had spoken unto him, he said: My Lord! Show me (Thy Self), that I may gaze upon Thee. He said: Thou wilt not see Me, but gaze upon the mountain! If it stands still in its place, then thou wilt see Me. And when his Lord revealed (His) glory to the mountain He sent it crashing down. And Moses fell down senseless. And when he woke he said: Glory unto Thee! I turn unto Thee repentant, and I am the first of (true) believers.” (“Surat Al-Araf [The Heights], verse 143.) The author also argues that never has it been reported that the Muslims Holy Prophet—the most deserving human being for such a great honour—or any prophet (according to authenticated Islamic books), or companion of the Messenger of God or Sunni spiritual leaders who follow the Prophet’s Tradition or any person universally recognized as scholar ever saw the Almighty Lord, even when God Almighty lifted Muhammad to Heaven and let him stand before the Throne. He only heard the words of God. The ancient Arabs were more flexible in their interpretation of dreams involving the Almighty, but they cautioned that to see God in a clear shape that the dreamer could describe would mean that the subject was not really dreaming, but simply musing or having a sort of daydream or hallucination. They concurred that God could only be perceived but never described, since nothing resembled Him. To them:
• Perceiving God in all His Glory (as described in religious texts), without change, likeness, or exemplification, meant welfare, good augury, and felicity in the Hereafter. Otherwise it would mean that the dreamer is bad in his innermost heart.
• For a person who has gone astray, dreaming of God means he will return to the right path.
• A sick person seeing God will pass away, because God is the only reality, like the imminence of the sun.
• An oppressed person perceiving God will triumph over his enemies.
• Perceiving God’s speech: (1) Is receiving a warning or being dissuaded from vice. (2) Means one will read the Holy Quran extensively. (3) Means one will be safe from matters one is apprehensive about. (4) Means wishes will be fulfilled. (5) Means promotion and prestige will be enhanced, especially if God’s words were conveyed by a Messenger. (6) Is possible indication of the dreamer’s innovative mind.
• Perceiving God’s speech and comprehending it means the ruler or supreme authority or boss will talk to the dreamer. The reverse is also true.
• Being able to look at God while He is talking to you means God will be beneficent to you and will fill up your wishes to the brim.
• Perceiving God, talking to Him, and being able to look at the Lord and His Throne means you will prosper and become more knowledgeable.
• If a person dreams that God is whispering to him, the Almighty will dignify the dreamer by bringing him closer to Him and will let people love him (verse 52 of the Quranic surah [chapter] on Maryam [Mary], which reads as follows: “We called him from the right slope of the Mount, and brought him nigh in communion”).
• Perceiving God without being able to look at Him or seeing the Lord’s Throne or Seat empty means benefits.
• Looking at God means one might do the same in the Hereafter.
• Being shown a statue or an image and told that it represents the Almighty or believing so and falling prostrate before it means the dreamer is overwhelmed by falsehoods and aberrations or is lying to God.
• Visiting God and praying where He is: (1) Means the dreamer will enjoy His blessings and compassion. (2) Means the dreamer will die as a religious hero or martyr, if the dreamer so desires. (3) Means the dreamer will reach what he aims for in this world and in the Hereafter.
• Embracing or kissing
God or any part of Him means the dreamer will obtain whatever reward or salary he aspires to.
• God promising the dreamer that He will forgive him, admit him in Paradise, and bestow similar bounties upon him means the dreamer is still fearful of the Almighty and observing his duties, and the promise will be fulfilled in view of several verses of the Holy Quran: “And they say: The fire (of punishment) will not touch us save for a certain number of days. Say: Have ye received a covenant from Allah—truly Allah will not break His covenant—or tell ye concerning Allah that which ye know not?” (“Al-Baqarah” [The Cow], verse 80.) “Our Lord! it is Thou Who gatherest mankind together to a Day of which there is no doubt. Lo! Allah faileth not to keep the tryst.” (“Al-Imran” [The Imran Family], verse 09.) “And they will bid thee hasten on the Doom, and Allah faileth not His promise, but lo! a Day with Allah is as a thousand years of what ye reckon.” (“Al-Hajj” [The Pilgrimage], verse 47.) “Had it been possible for a Verb (in Arabic Quran) to cause the mountains to move, or the earth to be torn asunder, or the dead to speak, (this Quran would have done so). Nay, but Allah is the whole command. Do not those who believe know that had Allah willed, He could have guided all mankind? As for those who believe, disaster ceaseth not to strike them because of what they do, or it dwelleth near their home until the threat of Allah come to pass. Lo! Allah faileth not to keep the tryst.” (“Al-Rad” [The Thunder], verse 31.) “It is a promise of Allah. Allah faileth not His promise, but most of mankind know not.” (“Al-Rum” [The Romans], verse 96.) “But those who keep their duty to their Lord, for them are lofty halls with lofty halls above them, built (for them), beneath which rivers flow. It is a promise of Allah. Allah faileth not His promise.” (“Al-Zumar” [The Troops], verse 20.)
• God giving some pleasurable worldly matter to the dreamer means he will be plagued by hardships and a protracted ailment that will earn him God’s sympathy and hence a divine reward greater than usual in the Hereafter.
• A worshiper dreaming that he is running away from God, Who had summoned him, means he will deviate from his piety and obedience and will no longer obey or be good to his father, if the latter is alive. In case the dreamer is a slave, he will rebel and flee from his master.
• Seeing a blinding obstacle between the Almighty and oneself means one will indulge in luxury and commit great sins.
• The dreamer perceiving God in a gloomy or angry mood toward him or being unable to tolerate His Light or astonished or trembling at His Sight or asking to take God’s leave or repenting and begging for the Almighty’s mercy is a sign of numerous severe and minor sins, unruly adventures, and heresy in which the dreamer is indulging.
• God caressing the dreamer’s head and blessing him means the Lord will dignify him and bring him closer to Him, but will not waive from him His proving hardships till his death.
• Perceiving the Lord in the image of a father, a brother, another relative, or a cordial person alleviating the dreamer’s hardships and blessing him means the dreamer will be plagued by a physical disease that will earn him God’s sympathy in the Hereafter.
• The Lord appearing in a place or a house or descending on a land, a country, or an area means justice and abundance will prevail in such a place. If the Lord looked grim or was accompanied by unjust beings, the place will be destroyed and its inhabitants subjected to an ordeal or plagued by an epidemic or will perish.
• Perceiving God near a sufferer, a prisoner, or a destitute means relief will come and the truth will appear.
• A pious person standing before God and revering the Almighty while looking at Him, indicates compassion. If the subject is a sinner it is a stern warning!
• Falling down prostrate before God means the dreamer’s religious faith will strengthen; he will prove worthy of the trust placed in him, if that is the case, and his power will increase.
• Feeling in the dream as if God were calling the subject by his proper name and adding to it another name (surname) means the dreamer will rise in life and crush his enemies.
• Sensing God’s wrath is an allusion to the parents feelings toward the dreamer and vice versa, in view of a verse of the Holy Quran in the chapter, “Luqman”: “And we have enjoined upon man concerning his parents—His mother beareth him in weakness upon weakness, and his weaning is in two years—Give thanks unto thy parents, Unto Me is the journeying.” (verse 14.)
• God being angry with the dreamer means he will lose a high position in a free-fall, in view of a verse in the Quranic chapter named “Ta-ha” that says: “Eat of the good things wherewith We have provided you, and transgress not in respect thereof lest My wrath come upon you; and he on whom my wrath cometh, falls in a precipice (is lost).” (verse 81.)
• Perceiving God praying in one place means that Lord’s compassion and mercy will prevail in that place in particular.
• A pious and virtuous person dreaming that God is kissing
him means he will further obey the Almighty and read and/or teach the Holy Book. For a disbeliever it is the reverse or a sign of heresy.
• Being summoned by God and responding means the dreamer will perform the pilgrimage.
• God appearing in a prosperous place means havoc is ahead.
• God appearing in a wasteland or a ravaged place means the latter will be built up and will prosper.
• God appearing in a place means: (1) A great king or a very strong man will take the reins of power, or a useful scholar, wise man, or healer will emerge in that place. (2) If the place was a barren land or wasteland it will be built and flourish. (3) If it is a prosperous area, havoc and destruction are ahead. (4) If the people of that place are unjust, God will avenge the oppressed.
• Fearing God means the dreamer will have peace of mind, tranquillity, prosperity, and wealth after poverty.
• Appealing for God’s protection from Satan means: (1) The dreamer will acquire some useful knowledge, receive divine guidance, and become rich and secure from the evil of enemies. (2) If ill, the dreamer shall recover, especially in the event the appeal was launched while wrestling with the Devil. (3) The dreamer will be safe from a treacherous partner. (4) The dreamer will become pure. (5) The dreamer will embrace Islam after atheism.
• Seeing a strange light that the dreamer can neither understand, nor describe means he will never be able to use his hands throughout his life.
• God offering the dreamer a cloth to wear means worries and illness as long as the person will live, but for which such a person should be very grateful (for it is a test). (This interpretation was once given by Ibn Siren to someone who soon afterward developed leprosy.)
• God calling the dreamer, who responds, means he will go to Mecca (Mecca (Makkah)) for the pilgrimage.
• Insulting the Almighty means the dreamer is ungrateful to God despite His bounty and unsatisfied with his lot.
Beard Dream Explanation
— For a man, a beard in a dream signifies wealth, honor and dignity. If it is moderately long or well trimmed in the dream, it means earning respect, rising in rank, prosperity, beauty and sovereignty. If only the sides of one's beard are long and not the middle section in the dream, it means that one will work to save money for someone else. If one's beard is too long and lacks proper trimming in a dream, it means indebtedness, distress and suffering from depression. If it becomes long to the extent of reaching the floor in the dream, it means death. If one's beard grows long and thick in a dream, it means longevity or increase in one's wealth. If it reaches his belly in the dream, it means that he does not obey Allah's commands. If it grows longer than one's grip in the dream, it means that one lives from the interest he earns from usury. If the hair of one's beard is black in the dream, it means prosperity and satisfaction in one's life. If its color is greenish-black in the dream, it means extended wealth, power and rulership, unless if one is a tyrant, for the color of Pharaoh's beard was greenish-black. If the color of one's beard yields to yellow in the dream, it means poverty and illness. If its color is blondish in the dream, it means a scare. If one grabs his own beard in the dream and if its hair falls into his hand, and if he keeps holding to the hair, it means incurring financial losses then recovering them, unless one discards the hair in the dream. Pulling someone's from his beard in the dream means inheriting him. If one sees a young boy who has not reached the age of puberty having a beard in a dream, it means the child's death. If the child's beard is just starting to grow in the dream, it means that he will grow to lead and command people. If one's beard is shallow and if it makes him look fatuous in a dream, it means payment of one's debts or easing of his trouble or dispelling of his distress. If one's beard looks childish or completely immature in the dream, it means losing people's respect. If the color of one's beard is gold in the dream, it means that he will lose some respect and perhaps half of his wealth. Seeing one-half of one's beard shaved in a dream means poverty. If an unknown young person shaves one's beard in a dream, it means loss of dignity and injury caused by one's enemy or competitor or someone who carries the same name. If an old man shaves his beard in a dream, it means that he will lose his good reputation at the hand of a profiteer and an overpowering enemy. If one's beard is cut off in a dream, it means financial losses valued at how far it is trimmed. Clipping what is longer than man's grip of one's beard in a dream means paying the due alms tax. Cutting off someone's beard in a dream means swindling his inheritance. A white beard in a dream means honor, dignity and good fame. If one's beard turns gray, leaving few black hairs in the dream, it means earning respect. If all its hair becomes gray in the dream, it means poverty and loss of integrity. Seeing one's wife having a beard in a dream means increase in one's wealth or growth of the bond business, or sickness of one's wife, or it could mean that she will no longer be able to conceive children, though if she had a son, it means that he will control the entire family. If a woman sees herself having a beard in a dream, it means losing her husband and if she is a widow, it means that she will marry a hard-working man who is compatible with her. If a pregnant woman sees that in a dream, it means that she will beget a son, and if she has a quarrel with someone, it means that she will win the battle and stand for herself with dignity and courage. Plucking one's facial hair or beard in a dream means wasting money. If one's beard and head is shaved in a dream, it means recovering from an illness, satisfying one's debts or dispelling sorrow and distress. Having an extraordinarily long beard that one can spin and weave as a cloth, then sells it in his dream means that he will forge a testimony. Clipping one's beard in a dream also means losing money. One's beard in a dream also represents his job, business, clothing, gains and losses. Cutting off the hair of one's beard with one's own teeth in a dream means sufferings, distress and trouble. Swearing by the honor of one's beard in a dream may denote either one's truthfulness or lies, his stinginess or generosity. One's beard in a dream also could represent his wife. If a farmer finds the hair of his beard black in a dream, it means that he should start harvesting his crop. A white beard could denote illness or frailty. If one's beard in wakefulness is gray and he sees its color black in a dream, it means strength, determination, firmness, certainty, having great energy and exuberance. If one's beard in his dream seems longer than the usual, it means being a spendthrift, wasting money, engaging in gambling and sporting games, or suffering from depression, or being troubled by circumstances. If a subversive and a sinful person sees himself having a beard in a dream, it means that he will repent of his sins. If a misguided person sees himself having a beard in his dream, it means that he will receive guidance. If a woman grows a beard in her dream, it means that she is trying to be a man, or it could mean insolence or engaging in wrongdoing. If a child sees himself having a beard in a dream, it means longevity. Loving a beard and kissing
it in a dream means lacking determination or will, regardless if it is his own beard or if it is someone else's beard. If a straw or anything sticks to one's beard in a dream, it means hearing bad words. Shaving half of one's beard in a dream means losing one's source of income or loss of one's dignity. Holding the beard of one's uncle in a dream means unjustly inheriting him. If a woman sees herself having a beard like a man in a dream, it means that she will never beget children, unless if she has a reddish beard as the natural color of her hair. However, for a man, to have a reddish beard in a dream means trials and temptation and particularly if some gray hair is also mixed with it. (Also see Face; Scissors; Shaving; Twisting a rope)
| || |