Dog Dream Explanation
— According to Ibn Siren, dream interpreters disagree on what a dog
represents in dreams. Some of them regard it as a slave or a servant, others as a despot, a terrible person, and a slanderer, if it barks. The black dog
is an Arab. On the other hand
, a dog
could also mean a weak enemy with little chivalry, if any. The she-dog is a mean woman. If she bites, such a woman would harm the dreamer. If a dog
tears the dreamer’s clothes, it would mean that a low man would backbite him. For Al-Nabulsi, the dog
symbolizes a policeman of low rank, a gate-man, or a guardian, a niggardly person, a weak enemy, and a stupid, profligate, and aggressive man who never hesitates to commit foolish or criminal acts, especially if it barks; it would mean that he has an awful temper, that he is terrible. The dog
is also a harbinger of fever, in view of the terrible disease Al-Shiira Al-Yamaneyyah (literally translated, it means the Yemeni hair; probably hirsutism or hypertrichosis, more popularly known as the werewolf phenomenon, which had a correlation not with the full moon, but with Al-Shiira Al-Yamaneyyah, which was also the name of Sirius, a star of the constellation called the Greater Dog
, or Canis Major, which is the brightest star in the heavens). It could also be a sign of apostasy, atheism, or despair in God’s mercy and scepticism about His messages. All dogs, in general, symbolize the worldly persons (perhaps because, in Arabic, whereas the word kalb means “dog,” takalub means “to rush madly upon; to contend for”), as well as the humble, submissive people, the beggars, or the lads who go from door to door. In abstract terms, dogs are the incarnation of meanness, lowliness, villainy, and humiliation or humility with everlasting affection for the master and care for the latter’s money and children or in-laws. All kinds of dogs refer to wicked persons.
• Taking a dog: Will befriend a servant and love him very much.
• Taking or befriending a dog: Deviation, work stoppage, and the squandering of money.
• Being bitten or scratched by one’s dog: (1) Will encounter disaster sustain harm, and face hardships caused by a friend or a servant. (2) Will be harmed by one’s enemy as much as there was pain. (3) The dreamer might fall ill.
• A dog
tearing one’s clothes: A silly individual is backbiting you. If no barking was heard, it means that an enemy has silently laid a trap.
• A female dog (or bitch): (1) A proliferative woman keen on preserving her husband; (2) A mean woman of low origin whose folks are troublemakers.
• A puppy is a beloved son. If he is white, it means the boy is a genuine worshiper. If black, he will prevail over his folk. In other interpretations: A puppy is the waif of a profligate or the product of adultery that the dreamer will find and raise.
• A domestic dog: An unjust and dangerous enemy.
• Seeing a saluki or greyhound: The dreamer is loyal and helpful to the sultan, who will give him a province and make him rich. The saluki is a man one can rely upon in winning a victory over his enemies, but he is mean and has no chivalry or gentlemanliness.
• Seeing a Chinese dog: Will mix with foreigners, non-Muslims.
• A hunting dog: Richness, high rank, and prestige.
• Hunting with dogs: Will achieve one’s objectives and satisfy inner passions.
• Seeing hunting dogs going out on a hunting trip: (1) Good dream for all people. (2) Movement and action.
• Seeing hunting dogs entering a city: Unemployment.
• Seeing hunting dogs returning from an expedition: (1) Unemployment. (2) The end of fear.
• A sheepdog: (1) The dreamer will obtain certain benefits from the king or chief. (2) A good neighbour who is keen on preserving your interests as much as he does his own.
• Dogs of the type that guard houses: Man’s wife and property are being safeguarded. If those dogs look weak, it means sickness and losses.
• The dogs appearing enraged and barking ferociously: Harm and deceit will befall the dreamer from evil people.
• Dogs that are adopted as pets for entertainment and physical pleasure (caresses, et cetera) symbolize prosperity and good living; anything bad that would happen to them in the dream could have an adverse effect on such a good living in reality, along with sorrow and the disappearance of pleasure.
• Water dogs (otters) refer to bad men or unfulfilled wishes and actions that do not culminate in success.
• Turning into a dog: God has given you a great knowledge and withdrawn it from you when you failed to appreciate it.
• A dog
barking to the dreamer: Will hear unpleasant words from an “ungentlemanly” person.
• Killing a dog: Will triumph over enemy.
• Eating dog
meat: Will triumph over enemy and take a bite
at his money.
• Drinking dog
• Using a dog
as a pillow: The dog
is a friend who will prove useful and whom the dreamer will be proud of.
• Being accompanied by a dog: Disappearance, in view of the story of Ahlel Kahf (The Companions of the Cave), in the Holy Quran. (“Al-Kahf” [The Cave], chapter 18.)
• Seeing the dog
of Ahlel Kahf, whose name was believed to be Qitmir: Fear, prison, or evasion.
• Seeing the dog
of Ahlel Kahf in another country: The ruler or the regime will be changed.
Dog Dream Explanation
— (Bitch; Canine; Desire; Greyhound; Japanese spaniel; Pekingese; Lust; Puppy; Shepherd's dog; Tyke) In a dream, a dog
represents an insolent man who dares to indulge in sinful actions. If he barks in the dream, it means that such a man is impudent and has a repulsive and an abominable character. A dog bite
or his scratch in a dream means harm caused by one's enemy and its effects will depend on the amount of pain one suffers in the dream. It could also mean falling sick or suffering from great affliction or harm caused by a close companion or a servant. If a dog
tears off one's clothing in a dream, it means that a vile person is slandering and backbiting him. If one does not hear the barking of the dog
in the dream, it signifies that one's enemy has left him inflected with a small loss. A dog
in a dream also could represent a vile and an insolent woman who belong to a group of evildoing people and who are persistent in their enmity. A puppy in a dream represents a loved child. If it is a white puppy in the dream, it means that such a son will grow to be a believer. If it is a black puppy in the dream, it means that he will grow to govern the household and to presides over its people. A puppy in a dream also represents a child of adultery, a foundling who is left in the street, wrapped in a swaddle and who is brought home by an insolent person to rear him. A shepherd's dog
in a dream represents profits and benefits. A pet dog
in a dream represents an astringent and a bitter enemy. Seeing a greyhound in a dream means gaining authority, control and wealth. A greyhound in a dream also represents the backbone of an army general or his best helper or it could represent a good strategist, though he lacks principals and moral integrity. A Japanese spaniel or a Pekingese in a dream signifies mixing with, or doing business with a foreign counterpart. Bringing-up a dog
for companionship in a dream means befriending a servant for whom one has great love and affection. Hunting with a dog
in a dream means satisfying one's lust or desire. Killing a dog
in a dream signifies vanquishing one's enemy. Seeing an expedition of hounds leaving a town for a chase or a hunt in a dream means blessings and prosperity for everyone, or it could mean taking action. Seeing the expedition of hounds returning from a hunt or a chase in a dream means dispelling people's fears, or it could mean lack of work. If one sees such expedition entering a town in his dream, it also means a high rate of unemployment. Seeing a sick house dog
in a dream means illness and financial losses or loss of appetite or losing the pleasure of living. A barking bitch in a dream signifies harm and deceit which is caused by abominable people. A dog
in a dream also means suffering from extremely high fever and in relation to Dog
star or the stars Procyon and Sirius of the constellations Canis Minor and Canis Major. In a dream, all breeds of dogs represent lowly, obsequious and despicable people. Seeing dogs that are reared for bantering or dallying with in a dream signify fun and enjoying one's life. In the dream, anything that happens to such a breed of dogs means suffering from distress, sorrow or loss of one's pleasure of living. If one is transformed into a dog
in a dream, it means that Allah Almighty has taught him great knowledge which he abused and discarded, then Allah Almighty stripped him from such a knowledge. A dog
in a dream also represents a police informer or a police dog
. A dog
in a dream also represents a weak enemy or a niggardly person. If a dog
barks at someone in a dream, it means that one will hear something he despises or hates to make public from someone who lacks any sense of honor or virtue. Eating a dog's meat in a dream means cracking down at one's enemy. A dog
in a dream also represents a guard or an innovator. Drinking dog's milk in a dream means a scare. Laying one's head on a dog
or relaxing with a dog
or using the dog
for a pillow in a dream, the dog
then represents a friend or a good companion. A dog
in a dream also represents a street boy, a beggar or an obsequious, lowly and a despicable person who maintains affection toward his master and jealously guards him, his children and property. A dog
in a dream also means greed, love for the worldly pleasures, committing a dogfight to win them and failing to have any reserve or savings. In a dream, all types of dogs also represent people. A hunting dog
in a dream represents honor and profits. A shepherd's dog
represents a good neighbor who cares more about his neighbors than about his own household. Adopting a dog
as a pet in a dream means wavering, or paying financial damages, or it could mean unemployment. Taking a dog
for a companion on a journey in a dream means disappearing. A dog
in a dream also means disbelief, ingratitude or losing hope, belying, fear, imprisonment, or becoming a fugitive. Seeing a dog
in a city in a dream also means renewal of one's business contract.
A Dog Dream Explanation
— A dog
symbolises a perbond enemy whose enmity hasn't reached its peak and he will soon become his friend. He is also malicious and of mean character and conduct.
Police dog Dream Explanation
— (See Dog)
Shepherd's dog Dream Explanation
— (See Dog)
Dog star Dream Explanation
— (astr. See Dog)
Hunting dog Dream Explanation
— (Lust; Desire; Want. See Dog)
A Dog that Attacks Dream Explanation
— If a dog
is seen attacking and biting a person it means that the harm caused by his enemy ill not be confined to unpleasant words only but bodily harm as well.
A Barking Dog Dream Explanation
— It symblises a person of mean character who will utter unpleasant words.
Training or Holding a Dog Dream Explanation
— Training or holding a dog
so as to safeguard a certain thing means he will be helped by someone in attaining his goal. In this case the dog
does not symbolise an enemy.
Eating Dog Meat Dream Explanation
— Eating dog
meat means he will over power his enemy as well as acquire assets form him.
A Dog Ripping the Clothes Dream Explanation
— If a dog
is seen attacking and ripping a perbond clothes it means that his enemy will humiliate him. The humiliation will be equaled to the extent of the clothes it had ripped.
Hand Dream Explanation
— The hand
is the person’s main helper with which he earns his livelihood and which he extends for charity. Strong and healthy hands represent the ability to give and take properly. The right hand
symbolizes strong men, the left women. Having long hands means: (1) For a ruler: Glory. (2) For a merchant: Profit. (3) For a businessman: Shrewdness. The length of the hands of the imam (the Muslims spiritual leader) refers to the strength of his supporters and aides as well as his long life. If he can see their bones, it means that his wealth will increase. If they turn into marble, he will live long and always be happy.
• Losing a hand: Will lose a relative who will either travel or die.
• Placing a hand
under one’s armpit and withdrawing it to see it gleaming: (1) If a scholar, will acquire knowledge. (2) If a businessman, will make gains.
• Placing a hand
under the armpit and withdrawing it to find fire in it: Will overpower or outclass all rivals and enjoy dignity and honour.
• Putting a hand
under the armpit and drawing it back to find water in it: Will have money.
• Having an extra hand: (1) More influence and strength. (2) Will have a brother. (3) Will have a child.
• Being left-handed: Difficulties are ahead. (The word for left-handed in Arabic, Aasar, comes from ’osr, meaning “difficulty.)
• Doing something with the left hand: Will get what you want but late.
• Stretching both hands: Extreme generosity, magnanimity.
• Walking on one’s hands: The dreamer relies on his relatives in certain matters.
• Seeing with one’s hands as if they were eyes: You are frolicking or molesting prohibited relatives too often.
• f The dreamer’s right hand
telling him some good words: The quality of life will improve.
• The dreamer’s left hand
telling him something good: Relatives will show their gratitude.
• One or both hands blaming the dreamer: Wrongdoings on the dreamer’s part.
• The right hand
made of gold (the word for gold in Arabic is thahab, meaning “gone”): The dreamer’s partner or wife will die.
• One’s hands becoming those of a sultan: Will wield power and influence and behave like that sultan, be he fair or unfair.
• An ailment in the hand: Brothers are facing difficulties.
• Being handless: Will demand money, which will come.
• Shaking hands with a Muslim who withdraws his hand: You will entrust him with something, but he will fail you.
• The hand
being severed: (1) The dreamer will give up something he was doing or resign his job. (2) The dreamer will change profession. (3) The dreamer will somehow part from a friend or an associate.
• The hand
being severed by a known person: (1) The dreamer will obtain five thousand currency notes or coins from that person. (2) That person will help the dreamer refrain from something bad he is doing.
• The hand
being severed from the palm: Money will come to you.
• The hand
being cut off at the wrist: The dreamer will fall victim to the tyranny of a ruler.
• The hand
being severed from the upper arm: (1) A brother will die. (2) Fortune will decrease.
• Seeing one’s hand
remaining cut off: The dreamer swears too often.
• The right hand
being severed: The dreamer is a thief.
• Seeing your right hand
severed and placed in front of you: Will achieve financial gains.
• The left hand
being severed: (1) Death of a brother or a sister. (2) Repudiation between the dreamer and the brother or sister. (3) A halt in sustaining parents or in-laws. (4) The end of a partnership. (5) Divorce.
• The ruler cutting the hands and feet of his subjects: He is seizing their money and spoiling their livelihood.
• The ruler cutting the dreamer’s right hand: The dreamer will lie while taking the oath or swearing.
• The dreamer’s hand
being cut at the ruler’s gate: The dreamer will part with his possessions.
• The hands and feet being cut off from behind: The dreamer is extremely corrupt or will rebel against the ruler.
• Hands shrinking: Reduced power and fewer supporters.
• Having short hands: (1) Chances have been or will be missed. (2) The dreamer is impotent. (3) The dreamer will be disappointed by brothers or assistants.
• The right hand
longer than the left: The dreamer is good to his parents, other relatives, and even strangers.
• Paralysis of the hands: The dreamer will commit a great sin.
• Paralysis of the right hand: The dreamer will beat an innocent man and commit an injustice vis-a-vis a weak person.
• Having a twisted hand: The dreamer is either avoiding sins or committing a great sin, for which he will be punished severely by God.