| |Finger Dream Explanation
— (Also see Dye.) Fingers are the brother’s children, since it is believed that the hand represents the brother. Those of the right hand refer to the Muslims five compulsory daily prayers. The left hand fingers are the children of the brother or sister. The thumb is the dawn prayer, the index finger
the noon prayer, the middle finger
the early afternoon prayer, the ring finger
, the sunset prayer, and the little finger
the evening prayer.
• Having long fingers: The dreamer observes his religious duties, especially prayer. The reverse is also true.
• The imam (the Muslims spiritual leader) having long fingers: He is too greedy, tyrannical, and unfair to his subjects.
• A finger
falling: Will abandon the related prayer.
• Seeing one finger
in the place of another: The dreamer is performing the right prayer at the wrong time.
• Biting somebody’s fingertips: The bitten one is impolite, but the dreamer is inflicting too severe a punishment on him.
• Milk coming out of the dreamer’s thumb and blood from his index
finger: He is having sex with his mother-in-law and his wife’s sister.
• Cracking the finger
joints: Obscene talk in the family. The caliph Harun Al-Rasheed saw the Archangel of Death in a dream. He asked him, “How much longer shall I live?” to which Azrail replied by showing him his five fingers. The caliph woke up in a state of terror. He summoned a qualified dream interpreter who reassured him that what the Archangel of Death meant to say was that there are five things that only God knows; they include the hour, as per the relating verse in the Holy Quran: “Lo! Allah! With Him is knowledge of the Hour. He sendeth down the rain, and knoweth that which is in the wombs. No soul knoweth what it will earn tomorrow, and no soul knoweth in what land it will die. Lo! Allah is Knower, Aware.” (“Luqman,” verse 34.)
• An ailment in the fingers: (1) Children are in trouble. (2) The dreamer is missing his prayers.
• The little finger
having been cut off: A child will go away.
• The little finger
being atrophied: Harm will befall the dreamer’s mother or family.
• The ring finger
having been cut: The dreamer will have a son.
• The ring finger
being atrophied: Harm will befall the dreamer’s daughter.
• The middle finger
having been severed: The country’s best scholar or judge will die.
• The middle finger
being atrophied: A brother will die.
• The index finger
being atrophied: A sister will die.
• The thumb being atrophied: The father will die.
• A man having four wives dreaming that four fingers were severed: All four will die.
• Cutting someone else’s fingers: Will wreak havoc on his money.
• The disappearance of the fingers: Servants will go.
• Chewing fingers: The end of a fortune.
• Contraction of the fingers: Will abandon or fail to sustain those female relatives with whom sex is prohibited in Islam (mother, sister, sister-in-law, et cetera).
Finger Dream Explanation
— (Hand) Fingers help one's worldly needs or craft and serve one's benefits in the hereafter by identifying and pointing
at what is true and identifying what is wrong. In general, fingers in a dream represent one's children, wife, father, mother, money, property, wealth or craft. Positive looking fingers or increase in their number in a dream represents growth, while deformed fingers in a dream mean the opposite. One's five fingers in a dream also represent the five daily prayers. Thus, if the fingers are interpreted to mean the five daily obligatory prayers, then the fingernails represent the supererogatory (arb. Nafl) prayers. If the fingers are interpreted as money, then the fingernails represent the due alms tax. (arb. Zakat). If they are interpreted to represent an army in the dream, then the fingernails represent their weapons. Fingers in a dream also represent the days, months or years. When fingers are interpreted to mean money, and if someone cuts off his finger
in a dream, it means that he will suffer from financial losses. Long fingers in a dream are regarded as greed. (Also see Body; Five fingers; Thimble)
Five fingers Dream Explanation
— (Hand) In a dream, the fingers of the right hand represent the daily five time prayers. The thumb represents the pre-dawn prayer, the index
represents the midday prayer, the middle finger
represents the mid-afternoon prayer, the ring finger
represents the sunset prayer, and the little finger
represents the evening prayer. As for the fingers of the left hand in a dream, they are interpreted to represent one's nephews. To cross or intertwine one's fingers in a dream means difficulties and poverty. (Also see Body; Fingers; Thimble)
Medicine Dream Explanation
— (Drug; Inkwell) Taking medicine in a dream means correcting oneself, or it could mean fulfilling one's religious obligations. If one takes a medicine for his illness in a dream, it means that he will correct his conduct. If it denotes knowledge in the dream, it means that he will benefit from what he learns and accepts the good advice. If one refuses to take his medicine in the dream, it means that he will deviate from the path of his Lord and shift his interests to his allotment or luck in this world. Medicine in a dream also denotes an inkwell. Licking medicine with one's index finger
in a dream means proclaiming the truth, or it could mean profits from the direction the index finger
at in the dream. Swallowing medicinal powder means greed, self-absorption, reclusion and withdrawal. Taking liquid medicine orally means profits. Swallowing pills in a dream means obliging a sinner to correct himself, to repent, or to go on the straight path. It also could mean caring to teach an ignorant person. If a woman applies a medicinal make-up in a dream, it represents her menstruation. As for an unwed girl, it means marriage, and for a barren woman, it means a child. Inserting a suppository into the rectum in a dream means spying or eavesdropping. To take a laxative in a dream means attempting to correct one's religious devotion, or it could mean washing one's body from impurities. The success of one's attempt depends on the potency of his medicine. Seeking good health in a dream means trying to amend one's life for the better. The same meaning applies if one sees himself using an ointment for his eyes. A yellow colored medicine in a dream means illness. A laxative in a dream means a cure for a sick person and a warning for a healthy person to correct himself. A bad tasting medicine in a dream means a fever followed by a chill. Good tasting medicine in a dream is beneficial for rich people, though bad for poor people. Interpreting a cure with a medicine in a dream is not like interpreting recovering without a medicine. (Also see Grapes)
Paralysis Dream Explanation
— (Cripple; Impediment; Justice; Wither) If one sees his right hand paralyzed in a dream, it denotes a great sin he has committed that warrants such a severe punishment. If the right hand is paralyzed in the dream, it means that one earns his money from practicing usury, or it could mean that he is unjust toward a poor and a weak person. If one's left hand is paralyzed in a dream, it means that either his sister or his brother may die shortly. If his thumb is paralyzed in a dream, it means that he will suffer from hardships because of his children. If the index
or the middle finger
are paralyzed in a dream, it means that one may suffer because of his sister. If one sees his ring finger
paralyzed in the dream, it means that he will suffer pain and difficulties because of an ailment that will befall his mother or a female relative. If one sees his little finger
paralyzed in a dream, it means that he may suffer because of a daughter. Any infliction in one's hand in a dream represents one's brothers, while any infliction of the fingers in a dream represents his children. If one sees his right hand paralyzed in a dream, it means that he will lose his source of income. If one's fingers are paralyzed in a dream, it means that he has committed an awful sin. If one sees his right hand paralyzed in a dream, it means he has caused major losses to an innocent person. (Also see Body; Physical paralysis)
Thimble Dream Explanation
— A thimble in a dream means money, a child, a wife, a young intelligent worker, a vehicle, travels, or a needed competitor for the better promotion of one's business. A thimble in a dream also means dire need, tight circumstances, difficulties, or perhaps it could represent one who is crafty and who deceives children. Placing a thimble in the wrong finger
in a dream means committing adultery, neglecting one's prayers, or the falling sick of the person such finger
represents in the dream. (Also see Fingers; Five fingers)
Nails Dream Explanation
— They symbolise a persons ability, capability and position – since he uses his finger
–nails to scratch his body.
Lick Dream Explanation
— Licking milk, water, honey or a dash of anything in a dream denotes frugality, tight handedness, or meager earning. To dip one's finger
in a plate of tasty food and lick it in a dream may denote a precious metal, a jewel, or a pendant. To lick up one's fingers or any element in a dream means money, or benefits from the substance one is licking in his dream. (Also see Electuary)
Ring Dream Explanation
— In a dream, a ring represents peace, tranquillity, authority, a wife, a child, or a job, the reward of which will equal the value and size of the gemstone which is placed on it. If one's wife is pregnant, and if he sees himself wearing a golden ring in a dream, it means that she will give birth to a son. The king's ring in a dream represents his kingdom. Cutting off a tight ring with a pair of pliers in a dream means the end to one's authority. Any incrustations on one's ring in a dream represent his goals. If the gemstone of one's ring falls in a dream, it may mean the death of his child, or the loss of his business. A broken ring in a dream means divorce. Wearing a ring made of iron in a dream means that one will receive benefits though with great strain on him. Wearing a golden ring carrying a precious stone in a dream means that such benefits will come with ease. If it is a plain ring or a band with no stone, it means engaging in a strenuous project and getting nothing out of it. Rings made of ivory or from an animal's horn in a dream represent glad tidings for a woman. Seeing someone in authority stamping a document with his ring as a seal in a dream means that one will receive an important political appointment. If one who is accustomed to wearing a silver ring sees himself offering it as a gift to whoever he wishes in a dream, it means that he will preside over an honorable post. Wearing the governor's ring in a dream means an appointment as a dignitary, or inheriting such a rank from one's father. If one's father does not hold such a position, then it means the opposite of one's wishes. Finding a lost ring in a dream means earning money from a foreign land, or having a new born son, or it could mean a marriage to a righteous woman. If the stone of one's ring seems unstable in the dream, it means that one will be fired form his job. Removing one's ring in a dream means that one maybe removed from his job. If a woman sees herself removing her wedding ring in a dream, it means the death of either her husband or of a close relative. A ring in a dream also connotes a band, an encumbrance, or a shackle. If one's ring disappears and only the stone remains in the dream, it means that once the responsibilities are gone, good memories of the person will remain. A man wearing a golden ring in a dream represents innovation, and the results will bring about afflictions, betrayal, or a revolt. Wearing a tight ring in the dream means that one will be let off from a vicious woman, or that he will be spared from a wicked duty. A borrowed wedding ring in a dream represents an ownership that will not last. If one buys an engraved ring in a dream, it means that he will own something he never owned before, such as a house, a vehicle, or perhaps he may get married, or bear a child. If one sees rings being sold in the open market in a dream, it means that the estates of the high society are for sale or it could represent foreclosure. If one sees the skies raining rings in a dream, it means that he will conceive a child during that year. If he is unwed, it means that he will marry a rich and a virgin young woman during that same year. If they are gold rings in the dream, it means that such a woman has lost her wealth. If one places a ring in his little finger
then removes it to place it on his ring finger
, then removes it again to place it on his middle finger
in the dream, it means that he solicits customers for a prostitute. If one notices his ring sometime in his little finger
, then in his middle finger
, then in his ring finger
without his doing in the dream, it means that his wife will betray him with another man. If he sells his ring for pennies or a handful of sesame, or for little flour in a dream, it means that he will separate from his wife, though they will have respect for one another, or it could mean that he will offer her a good financial arrangement. Receiving a ring that is inlaid with a precious stone from one's son in a dream represents the good character and qualities of such a son. A stone which is made from worthless glass beads in the dream denotes a weak authority. A ring that is inlaid with a green sapphire in the dream means begetting an intelligent son who will become a great man of knowledge. A wooden ring in a dream represents a hypocritical woman. If a woman is offered a ring in a dream, it means that she will get married, and for a married woman, it means that she will give birth to a son. If the ring in one's dream is interpreted to mean money or clothing, then it represents one's status and high esteem his field. Receiving a ring as a gift in a dream also means happy news, or a marriage to a beautiful woman. Seeing an atheist who publicly brags about his actions and thoughts wearing a ring and turning its stone toward the palm of his hand in a dream, it means that he engages in sodomy. If a believer turns his ring inside during prayers in a dream, then it represents his modesty. Wearing a ring that carries two gemstones, one to the outside and the other to the inside in a dream means that one may chair two important appointments, material and a spiritual ones, or inner and outer ones. Wearing a ring with a carnelian-red stone in a dream means an end to one's poverty. If a pious person, a religious person or an ascetic receives a silver ring from Allah Almighty in a dream, it means his salvation on the Day of Judgment. If he receives a silver ring from Allah's Messenger (uwbp) in a dream, it represents a gift of a greater knowledge. If it is gold, iron, or copper, then it has negative consequences, because iron rings represent the chains of the dwellers of hell-fire. Somehow, to wear a simple band in one's dream is better than wearing a heavy ring. Heavy rings in a dream also may connote an assassination or deceit. On the other hand, large rings in a dream also can be interpreted to mean something great, or something which entails sizable benefits. Lead rings in a dream mean weak authority. If one sends his ring to some people who returns it to him in the dream, it means that he is asking to betroth someone from such a family, but his request will be declined. If one sees his ring being forcefully pulled out from his finger
in a dream, it means that he will lose his rank or whatever the ring represents to him. If one loses his ring in a dream, it means that he will experience something he hates to see it happening to him. (Also see Games; Solomon's ring)
Ring Dream Explanation
— The ring symbolizes tremendous power or a great ruler—a king. Its stone is the awe he inspires. The armorial bearings or seal on a ring means the exercise of the king’s influence as well as his assets and the scope of his realm. The seal as such is a symbol of the dreamer’s authority and ability to command. The carvings are what he wants or desires. The ring also represents what the dreamer owns and what he can do. It refers as well to children, women, boys, the purchase of a slave, a house, an animal, and money or a realm, in case the dreamer is eligible. One exception is that for a man a golden ring means subservience and humiliation. Nevertheless, if it has a stone in it, it alludes to the man’s power, prestige, and endeavours. The stone also alludes to a male child.
• A pious or ascetic person receiving a silver ring from God: The dreamer will be favoured by the Almighty and immune from Hell.
• Taking a gold ring from the Lord: Bad omen. Similarly bad are rings made of iron, the latter being the ornament of those who reside in Hell, and rings made of copper whose name in Arabic is nahhas, from nahs, meaning “bad luck” or “a jinx.” One more reason, adds Ibn Siren, is that copper is the metal used in manufacturing the rings of the jinn.
• Taking a silver ring from the Holy Prophet or from a religious scholar: The dreamer will acquire learning. In case the ring was made of silver, iron, or copper, the dream would have a very negative interpretation.
• Wearing a ring: Renewal of what the ring refers to, depending on its alloy or composition.
• Wearing a silver ring: Nothing will stand in the dreamer’s way.
• A golden ring: (1) If a ruler, the dreamer will turn heretic, lose his religious faith, betray his people, and become a tyrant. (2) A reference to a woman who has lost her fortune.
• An iron ring: (1) A courageous leader. (2) A tradesman with foresight but bad memory. (3) A ring made of lead: Power melted through weakness. A ring with two stones: Overt and covert influence, financial benefits, and/or success in helping religious-minded and worldly individuals and healing people.
• Rings made of horns or ivory: Good augury for women.
• A wooden ring: (1) A hypocritical woman. (2) Prosperity or power obtained through hypocrisy.
• Being given or offered a ring or buying one: The dreamer will wield tremendous power or become a king, if eligible because, says Ibn Siren, the majesty of King Solomon was derived from his ring.
• A woman being given a ring: She will get married or have a child.
• Borrowing a ring: The dreamer will own something that will not last.
• Taking a ring from a king: A house the dreamer enters, dwells in, or owns. The stone is the gate or door of that house. A girl or a woman whom the dreamer marries and whose ring-shaped vagina he will deflower by introducing “the finger
of his belly” (penis) in it. The stone represents her face.
• Wearing the king’s ring: (1) The dreamer will be given a province. (2) The dreamer will succeed his father. (3) In case the dreamer has no father or if his father is dead, the reverse of what he wishes will happen or he will be given a useless province.
• A ruler dreaming that his ring has been taken away from him by force: (1) Will be deposed. (2) Will divorce.
• A concave but solid, not hollow, ring: Welfare (invariably).
• Hollow rings that are filled or in which something could be hidden: (1) Wickedness and plots or assassinations (as something is concealed in them). Aspirations to something great and many benefits because their size is bigger than their weight, says Ibn Siren.
• A tight ring: Relief and comfort.
• Finding a ring: (1) The dreamer will receive money from foreigners. (2) The dreamer will get married. (3) The dreamer will have a boy child.
• Obtaining a ring with carvings on it: The dreamer will own something for the first time, such as a house, something to ride, a woman, or a slave, or will have a boy.
• A ring with a gemstone: Power, influence, prestige, charisma, good renown, money, and other riches.
• A ring with a beryl, chrysolite, or peridot stone: (1) Strength courage, and fearsome authority. (2) A well-educated, polite, and pious boy.
• A ring with a bead: Weak and humiliating authority. A ring with a green ruby: A devout, shrewd, and knowledgeable boy will be born to the dreamer.
• Seeing the stone in one’s ring moving: Power and authority are about to wither away. Isolation is forthcoming.
• The ring’s stone falling: (1) Death of a son. (2) Partial losses.
• The ring falling apart and disappearing and only the stone remaining: A reference to the dreamer’s name, reputation, and beauty.
• A woman dreaming that her ring has been taken away by force: (1) Death of her husband. (2) Death of her next-of-kin.
• A bachelor dreaming that he has a ring: He will have a woman.
• Rings being sold in the market: Notables or leaders are selling their assets.
• Wearing a ring on one’s little finger
, then taking it off to put it on another one: The dreamer is sleeping with a second woman or driving women to his wife and advocating debauchery.
• Seeing one’s ring that was on the little finger
passing to the ring finger
and onto the middle finger
without having done anything to change its position: The dreamer is betrayed by his wife.
• Selling one’s ring for money or bartering it for wheat or sesame: The dreamer will part from his wife after talking nicely to her or giving her a financial indemnity.
Body Dream Explanation
— (Abdomen; Anus; Aorta; Back; Bones; Brain; Breasts; Buttocks; Chest; Earlock; Ears; Eyes; Eyebrows; Face; Feet; Fingers; Fingernails; Forehead; Hand; Head; Heart; Heels; Intestines; Jugular vein; Kidney; Knee; Legs; Limb; Lip; Livers; Loins; Lungs; Marrow; Mouth; Nails; Navel; Neck; Nerves; Nose; Rear end; Ribs; Penis; Sexual organs; Shoulders; Skin; Spinal column; Spleen; Stomach; Temple; Testicles; Thighs; Throat; Tongue; Umbilicus; Veins) In a dream, the head and the brain represent man's controller, strength, benefits, longevity, wisdom or power. One's ears in a dream represent his wife, daughter, sister or aunt. The eyes represent one's faith, religion or children. The right eye represents his son and the left eye represents his daughter. The forehead in a dream represents one's beauty, son, power, honor, wealth, leadership or the point of prostration in one's prayers. A wide forehead in a dream means prosperity, while a narrow forehead means tightness. The eyebrows represent one's protection or spiritual guardianship. As for the human nose in a dream, it represents honor, longevity and respect. Whatever comes out of one's nose in a dream is good and whatever goes into it in a dream may not be beneficial. A bleeding nose in a dream means receiving or giving money. If one's nose is cut off in a dream, it means circumcision, falling in rank, or it could mean his death. Inhaling water and clearing one's nose in a dream represents someone who deceives his wife. If a bird or an animal comes out of one's nose in a dream, it means that a cattle, a pet, or a domesticated animal will give birth to its babies in such a house. A large nose in a dream represents honor and respect. Smelling a nice fragrance in a dream means begetting a son, or it could mean relief from difficulties. One's face in a dream represents his happiness or his sorrow. Seeing the forehead and the face in a dream means money, honor and a beautiful woman. The earlock and the temples represent two noble and blessed daughters. A bright face in a dream means glad tidings, while a yellowish face in a dream means bad news or miseries. Frowning in a dream means a misfortune. If a woman sees herself frowning in a dream, it means the death of her husband. The two lips in a dream represent one's helpers. The lower lip is stronger in meaning than the upper lip. It is also said that lips in a dream represent one's relatives. The upper lip represents the male relatives and the lower lip represents the female relatives. Sealed lips in a dream mean difficulties or adversities. The mouth in a dream represents a key, one's livelihood, the conclusion of one's life, death, illness, strength, a coffer, a marketplace, a door attendant, a chief minister, or a door. If one's mouth is sealed in a dream, it means a scandal. One's tongue in a dream represents his or her translator. A long tongued person in a dream may mean winning an argument, or it could mean innocence from allegation. An elongated tongue of a judge in a dream means clarity and justice. A tied-up tongue in a dream means poverty, sickness, depression, a calamity, or it could represent an unworthy person. Having two tongues in a dream means praiseworthiness and acquiring two types of knowledge. Seeing what is inside one's mouth in a dream means exposing one's ills. Biting on one's tongue in a dream means regret. Watching one's tongue in a dream means protecting oneself from pitfalls. Carrying one's tongue by hand in a dream means receiving indemnity for bodily injury or receiving blood money. If one sees his throat blocked in such a way that he could not speak in a dream, it denotes his stinginess toward his own family. If one sees one of his limbs speaking against him in a dream, it means that someone will report him to the authorities or become a witness against him in court. If one sees himself in a dream riding over the shoulders of his enemy, it means that he will commit a wrongdoing or a shameful act. If there is no enmity between them, and if he sees himself riding over the shoulders of a friend in a dream, it means earning something from him. Carrying something over one's shoulders in a dream means debts. If one sees himself carrying a hypocrite over his shoulders in a dream, it means that he may work in a lumberyard or carry wood to earn a living. One's shoulders in a dream also represent his parents, brothers, partners, station, or beauty. Anything that affects them in a dream will manifest in any of the above. In a dream, one's neck represents an embrace, a donation with terms, a legal will, or a conditional endowment. The neck and the shoulders in a dream represent one's trust or trustworthiness. A healthy and strong neck in a dream means trustworthiness and ability to meet one's obligations. Wounds, festering or purulence in one's neck in a dream mean betraying Allah's trust. If one sees a nice bird sitting over his neck in a dream it means benefits or an alibi. If it is not a gentle bird, then it becomes a bad omen, or a rebuke. If one sees a necklace, a rope, a wire, or a thread around his neck in a dream, it means fulfilling one's promise, acquiring knowledge and honor. A long neck in a dream could mean four things, that is; justice, leadership, attainment of one's goals or calling people to prayers. The left hand represents one's helper, friend, savings, or a compassionate relative. Long hand's in a dream represent a charitable person, or a capable one, and short hands mean the opposite. Long hands also could mean longevity, wealth, helpers, borrowing money, governing, fulfilling one's commands, profits from one's business or having business sense. If one's hand is cut off in a dream, it means the death of his brother, his father, his partner, or a close friend or his assistant. If the right hand is cut off in a dream, it means a vow one takes to deprive someone from his rights. It also means loss of one's job or cutting off one's blood ties, or it could mean that he has committed a theft. If a righteous person sees his hand cut off in a dream, it means abstaining from wrongdoing or eschewing evil. If one's left hand is cut off in a dream, it means re-establishing his relationship with his family and rediscovering the benefits of good qualities. If one's hand is broken in a dream, it means an adversity, illness, loss of business, or loss of a dear person. The cracking skin of one's hands in a dream means loss of wealth. Stretched hands in a dream means ill caused by a close friend. Stretching one's hands in a dream also could mean generosity. If one's hands are cut off without causing him any pain in a dream, it means that he may fall in love. If one sees his hands joined together in a dream, it means having a family reunion, or a wedding. If one's hands are trembling in a dream, it means weakness, illness, old age or longevity. If one's hands feel dry in a dream,; it means that such a person does little good in his life. If one enters his hand under his arm's pit in a dream, then brings it out bright and radiant in a dream, it means that he will acquire knowledge and may develop wisdom. Otherwise, it could mean profits. If he brings forth his hand from under his arm's pit in the dream, and if it reveal a flame in his dream, it represents a manifestation of divine power and a blessed victory. If one pulls his hand from under his arm's pit and it brings forth water in the dream, it means that he will receive great benefits and growth in his life, or perhaps that a long awaited traveller will shortly arrive to his doorsteps. If a right-handed person sees himself being left-handed in a dream, it means hardships. If one sees himself walking with his hands in a dream, it represents his dependence on a relative to provide for his needs. If one's hands say something nice to him in a dream, it means financial comfort. If one's hand is cut-off in a dream as punishment for a sin, it could mean marriage, a bad wife, or lack of trustworthiness. If one washes his hands with soap in a dream, it means that he will abandon something he initiated, or that his intention will not be fulfilled. If a form of life or a good spirit comes out from one's hands in a dream, it indicates benefits. If such a life is a malignant one, then it means the opposite. If one takes someone by the hand in a dream, it means that he will help him and save his life. If something sprouts in one's hands or if one's hands turn into iron, or a vegetable in a dream, it means negative repercussions in wakefulness. Hands in a dream are interpreted in twelve ways; that is a brother, a sister, a partner, a son, a compassionate friend, one's strength, wealth, leadership, money, proof, a craft, or work. The condition in which the palm of one's hand looks in a dream indicates the state of one's health and fitness. Clapping one's hands in a dream could either mean joy and happiness, or it could mean nothing. Wearing a glove in one's hand in a dream means ceasing the course of wrongdoing. Slapping one's own face with both hands means sorrow, sadness or calamities. Hitting the back of one's hand into the palm of the other hand in a dream means separation. In a dream, the fingers of the right hand represent the daily five time prayers. The thumb represents the pre-dawn prayer, the index
represents the midday prayer, the middle finger
represents the mid-afternoon prayer, the ring finger
represents the sunset prayer, and the little finger
represents the evening prayer. As for the fingers of the left hand in a dream, they are interpreted to represent one's nephews. To cross or intertwine one's fingers in a dream means difficulties and poverty. One's toes in a dream represent the beauty of his character and denote his straightforwardness. Any defect or crookedness in them in a dream will mirror in wakefulness. If a toe or a finger
is bitten or crushed in a dream, it denotes evil or perhaps an accident. If one sees milk coming forth from his thumb and blood coming forth from his index finger
in a dream, it means that he will marry a mother, then will he marry her daughter, or it could mean that he will rape the mother, then her daughter. Cracking one's fingers in a dream means exchanging bad words between relatives or being sarcastic or making fun of other people. If one's fingers are paralyzed in a dream, it means that he has committed an awful sin. If one sees his right hand paralyzed in a dream, it means injustice toward a weak person or inflicting losses upon an innocent person. If one's left hand is paralyzed in a dream, it means the death of his brother or sister. As for the fingernails in a dream, they denote beauty, courage, strength, a religious covenant, or money. If one's fingernails are chipped, extracted, or broken in a dream, they means loss of money and strength. If they look nicely clipped in a dream, they mean both spiritual and material benefits. Long nails at the point of a near breaking in a dream mean distress, sorrow, fears and depression. If one's nail becomes a claw in a dream, it means rising against one's enemy and opposition. If one does not have fingernails in a dream, it means bankruptcy. If one's fingernails turn yellow, green or blue or if they are broken in the dream, it means death. Clipping them in a dream means dispelling calamities or distress. If a thorn or a chip of wooden enters under one's fingernails in a dream, it means loss of power or money. If one sees himself in a dream knocking his fingernails against his teeth in a dream, it means committing a despicable and a loathsome act. As for seeing one's chest in a dream, if one sees himself having a broad and a nice looking chest (See Chest), it means repentance of a sinner, or being eager and willing to follow the truth and to comply with it, or to make easy what was earlier difficult. One's breasts in a dream (See Breast) represent his daughter. Man's breast in a dream means a woman, and woman's breasts in a dream represents a man. Breasts in a dream mean five things; a little boy, a little girl, a servant, a friend, or a brother. One's abdomen in a dream means money, children, relatives or prosperity. If one sees his abdomen being cut open and washed, then stitched back to normal in the dream, it means blessings from Allah Almighty, forgiveness for one's sins, and it could mean that one will receive spiritual guidance. One's abdomen in a dream also denotes his good conduct, amiable character, blessed enterprises and protection from the evil of the accursed Satan. If one sees a newborn son or daughter coming out of his abdomen in a dream, it means that such a child will be born and will grow to govern that household. As for one's livers in a dream, they represent knowledge, money or children. If a man of knowledge sees his livers flying away from his body like birds in a dream, it means that he will forget his knowledge, or if one has children, they may die, or perhaps the government may seize his property even if he has nothing. If one sees himself eating his own livers in a dream, it means earning his livelihood. If they are cooked in the dream, then they represent a lawful income, or they could mean gobbling the property of one's own children. If a liver is removed in a dream, it means the death of a child. Removing a liver in a dream also could mean injustice. One's kidney in a dream means having a good business connection, dispelling adversities, distress, trouble, safety from danger, a husband and a wife, one's parents, or it could represent two lovers. One's kidneys in a dream also represent a strong, courageous and a hard working man who serves someone in authority, or he may become a personal guard, or an assistant to the governor. As for one's lungs in a dream, they represent joy, happiness, or sorrow. Donating a lung to someone known or unknown in a dream means receiving happiness in return. Eating a broiled lung of a domesticated animal in a dream means profits. Otherwise, it could mean acquiring unlawful money. Seeing one's lung torn in a dream means nearing one's death. One's spleen in a dream (See Spleen) represents money. As for seeing one's intestines in a dream, they represent earnings, leadership, a child, unlawful money, intercession, hatred, livelihood, work or they could mean changing one's mind about doing something which could cause a disaster. One's stomach in a dream represents longevity, livelihood or children. A healthy stomach in a dream means enjoying strength and a long life. The same interpretation is given to the intestines or the umbilicus or the navel and the three of them represent one's relationship with his wife. As for the ribs (See Ribs) in a dream, they represent women. The loins or the spinal column in a dream represent one's progeny. One's back in a dream (See Back) represents his strength, wealth, glory, fame, master, destruction, end, poverty, old age and burdens. If one sees himself carrying a heavy load in a dream, it means that he is carrying his sins. If he carries merchandise in the dream, it means debt. If he carries woods in the dream, it means backbiting others. If one sees himself carrying a dead person on his back in a dream, it means that he takes care of orphans. As for one's heart (See Heart) in a dream, it means intelligence, vigilance, awareness, guidance, clarity and piety. One's buttocks and the rear end in a dream represent his earnings, job and profits. If one sees himself licking someone's rear end or buttocks in the dream, it means giving high praises to an unworthy and an impious person or commending him. The male and female sexual organs in a dream represent a good father or one's profession. What comes or goes into the male organ or woman's vagina in a dream of good or bad will reflect in their lives. Seeing one's penis in a dream means children, money, pride, state, or authority. The testicles represent one's livelihood, one's daughters, protection and maintenance. The meaning of the penis and the testicles may be transposed in the dream interpretation. One's anus in a dream means a pouch, a store, a resting place, or a coffer. The knee represents one's capital or one's attendance to his work and earning his livelihood. As for the legs, they too represent one's capital, paying attention to one's work and conduct. Man's leg represents a woman, and a woman's leg represents a man. If one's leg turns into wood or iron in a dream, it means that he will fail to earn his livelihood. One's feet represent his parents, his livelihood, a journey or his wealth. (See Feet; Foot). If one foot is broken or cut off in a dream, it means either the death of a parent or loss of half of one's capital. If one's feet turn into iron or copper in a dream, it means longevity. If they turn into glass in the dream, they denote his short life. The human bones represent his livelihood, religion, glory or money. Collecting bones in a dream means saving money. The bone marrow in a dream represents hidden money, good awareness, patience and gratitude. The veins and nerves in a dream represent one's clan, modesty and progeny. As for seeing the human skin in a dream, it means ornaments, presiding over others, a veil, blessings, livelihood, provisions, life and a garment. (Also see Aorta; Face; Finger; Five fingers; Gall bladder; Heel; Jugular vein; Marrow; Nails; Palm; Pluck; Spleen; Teeth; Tongue; Tooth)
Foot Dream Explanation
— In a dream, feet represent man's uprightness, for with them one stands erect. If anything happens to one's feet in a dream, it will reflect on his financial standing, work, toiling, his boss or his delegations. If one sees his feet pointing
toward the heavens in a dream, it could denote the death of his child. If one's feet turn green, it means that he will suffer business losses. If one sees himself committing loathsome sexual acts with his feet in a dream, it means that he will pursue an unlawful sexual intercourse. Walking bear footed in a dream means toiling in life, difficulties and fatigue. If one sees himself eating the foot of another human being in a dream, it means that he will become a close friend with him, acquire his intercession, reap success from his connection, fulfill his needs, receive benefits in his travels, or if he qualifies, he may preside over a group of poor people or guide seamen to their catch. If he is a poor person, it means that his benefits to others are greater than if he were a rich person. If a rich man sees himself eating the foot of another person in a dream, it means illness, weakness or blindness. As for evildoers, eating someone's foot in a dream means imprisonment, sorrow and blame. If one sees one of his feet turning into a stone, it means that he will be deprived of its use. If one steps over a king or a ruler in a dream, it means that he will step over a coin of money that carries the figure of such a ruler. If one's foot is amputated in a dream, it means that he will loose half of his wealth. If both his feet are amputated in the dream, it means that he will lose all of his wealth, or that he may die shortly. One's feet in a dream also represent his parents or the leaders of the land. If one's foot is fractured in a dream, it means that he should not near the people of authorities for some days or he better leave town for sometime and pray for his safety. If a sick person sees his foot broken in a dream, it may mean his death. If one sees one of his feet longer than the other in a dream, it means that he will travel and profit from his journey, or receive the needed help during his journey. If he is rich, it means that he will become sick . If a poor person sees himself having four legs in a dream, it means that he will travel and receive help to accomplish his goals. A rich person in that case may get sick, or it could mean longevity. Walking on three feet in a dream means either that one will grow to be old, or that through an ailment, he will not die until he uses a cane to help him walk. If a ruler or a judge sees himself having many legs in a dream, it means that he has many helpers. If one's feet turn into iron in a dream, it means longevity and prosperity. If they turn into glass in a dream, it means that he will live a short life and suffer a debilitating illness. If they turn gold in the dream, it means that he will use them to seek a lost property or a desired wealth. If they turn silver in the dream, it means that he is a philanderer and he will live in poverty, for lust for women and wealth cannot exist together. If one's feet turn into led in the dream, it means that he may suffer from paralysis, unless if the dream contains other elements that denote actions which are pleasing to Allah Almighty. If one sees his foot without a covering skin in the dream, it means longevity. In a dream, one's toes represent good deeds. Experiencing foot pain in a dream means sins and punishment or repentance and endurance. (Also see Measure; Body; Leg; Thigh; Travels)
Flying Dream Explanation
— Flying in a dream means travels. If one sees himself flying lying on his back, then it means comfort. Flying for other than a traveller means joblessness. Flying from one roof into another in a dream means changing from a man of dignity into a man who has no moral standards. In a dream, a roof also represents a woman or a wife. In this sense, flying between two roofs could mean having a mistress beside one's wife. If a woman sees herself flying from her house into the house of a man she knows in the dream, it means that she will marry him. Flying from a known abode into a distant and unknown abode in a dream means death. If a prisoner sees himself flying in a dream, it means that he will be released from jail. Flying with wings in a dream also means travels, and flying without wings means changes in one's status or conditions. If a foreigner sees himself flying in a dream, it means that he will return to his homeland, or it could mean that he travels excessively. If one who has pride and exaggerated hopes sees himself flying in a dream, then his dream represents mere hallucination. If one sees himself in a dream flying in a race with someone else, and if he wins the race, it means that he will conquer his opponent and rise above him in station. Flying over a mountain in a dream means power and sovereignty. If one who qualifies for leadership sees himself flying in a dream, it means that he will attain a leadership position. If he falls over something in the dream, it means that he will own or control whatever he falls into. If one does not qualify for leadership and sees himself flying in a dream, it represents pitfalls in his religious performances, or it could mean falling sick. If one does attain his intended destination in the dream, then his dream connotes a successful journey. If one flies in his dream and disappears beyond sight, it means his death. If one flies from his own house into an unknown house in the dream, the latter house represents his grave. Flying in a dream also represent a sickness that could lead a person near his death before he could recover from it. If one flies from a low elevation into a higher one and without wings in his dream, it means fulfillment of his aspirations. If one soars in the air like a pigeon in a dream and sees people below him, whereby he can benefit or harm whomever he wants, it means that he will preside over people and reach a rank of honor and dignity. If one becomes tired during his flight between tow cities or places and finds himself incapable of benefiting or harming anyone, and if he seeks nothing from his flight but is still happy about flying in the dream, it means that he is trying to find money for his personal needs or business. If one sees himself flying from one land into another in a dream, it means that he will attain honor, power, comfort and satisfaction. If one sees himself flying horizontally in the dream, it means that his wife will straighten her act and without much effort on his part. If one sees himself flying vertically with his head up and his feet pointing
to the ground in the dream, it means that he will receive benefits. The more he rises, the greater are his benefits. If rich people or craftsmen see that dream, it represents a leadership position they could occupy. If a foreigner sees that in a dream, it means that he will return to his mother land, or it could mean that he will never return to his homeland again. Flying with wings in a dream means benefits in general. Soaring high in the air and without wings in a dream means fears and hardships. Flying over people's homes and over the streets in a dream means difficulties and disturbances. Flying near a flock of birds in a dream means associating, living or working with unknown people. If an evil person sees that, it means a bad omen, and for a fisherman it means sufferings or death. Flying in the air at a low altitude in a dream means taking a short trip. If one sees himself flying at will and ceasing to fly at will in a dream, it means easing of his burdens and expectation of great benefits to come his way. Seeing oneself in a dream flying upside-down means evil happening. If a sick person sees himself flying in the air in a dream, it means that he will die from his illness. If one sees himself laying over his bed and flying with it in a dream, it means a severe illness or an ailment that will strike at his legs. Enjoying flying between the sky and the earth in a dream means having exaggerated hopes. Flying in a dream also means seeking a destructive knowledge, or pursuing an evil idea, or associating with villainous and notorious people, or it could mean being in a hurry, or that one takes lightly a serious project, then fails to accomplish it because of his angry character. Flying in a dream also denotes extreme happiness, or it could mean superstition. If one flies from a bad place into a good place such as a farm or a mosque in his dream, it means benefits and growth. (Also see Air; Wadi)
Dye Dream Explanation
— (Color; Expose; Hair; Henna; Hide; Gray hair) Applying henna or a dye to one's hair or hands in a dream represents a pharmacist, celebrations, glad tidings, tenderness, or it could mean compassion. Dyeing one's hair in a dream also means veiling or protecting one's personal life and that of others. To dye the gray hair of one's beard in a dream means ostentatiousness and adorning one's merchandise or deeds to make them look better than reality. Dyeing one's hair in a dream also connotes a display of blessings and favors, or it could mean dictating one's conditions to his enemy, if the person is in such position. However, if not, it means difficulties, aggravation, distress, debts or dropping off one's ties with those who love him. Interpreting woman's dyeing of her hair in a dream is the same as that of a man. To dye one's gray hair in a dream means strength, dignity and valor. Applying henna dye to one's head and not to one's beard in a dream means emulating the traditions of Allah's Prophet, upon whom be peace. To dye both the head and the beard in a dream means concealing one's poverty, though one will keep asking people to pay him respect or to recognize him in their circles. If one's hair accepts the dye in the dream, it means regaining one's status, though with less emphasis on his pride, or it could mean that he will make contentment his new ornament or trim. If one uses a dye other than what is commonly used, and if it works in the dream, it means that he will be saved from an adverse condition through miraculous events. If the new dye does not work in the dream, it means that his true nature will be exposed and he will have no solutions to protect himself from defamation or public abuse. If he tries to dyes his hair with dry henna clay, and if his hair still accepts it in the dream, it means that he is an ignorant person, though he will ultimately repent for his sins, amend his actions and improve himself. If a woman sees her hands dyed with gold in a dream, it means that she will give all her wealth to her husband and that she will be satisfied to see him happy, though in reality she too will gain power and status in her family. If a man sees his feet dyed and tattooed in a dream, it means that he will be struck with family problems. A dyed hand in a dream means hardship in making ends meet. If one dips his hand into a laying corpse in a dream, it means that he will witness a conspiracy. If one sees his hands dyed in a dream, it also means that he has reached the end of the rope with his money or business. If one sees his dyed hands wrapped or bandaged in a dream, it means that he will lose a trial or a fight with his rivals, or that he will fail to meet such a challenge again. Dyeing only the finger
with henna in a dream represents branches of dates or clusters of grapes. In general, dyeing one's hands with henna or one's hair with regular dye as a makeup in a dream represents joy for the husband and wife as long as they do not exceed the norms. Dyeing one's hands and feet in a dream means redecorating one's house. If a poor person sees himself dyeing his hands or hair in a dream, it means that he will cover up the loss of his ablution during prayers or during his reading of the Holy Quran or during other ritual occasions where he is required to have ablution before proceeding. It could also mean that he cares little about attending his prayers. As for women, dyeing means happiness, new clothing, receiving gold, or a wedding celebration. If the dye exceeds the required surface of the hands or the feet in the dream, it means being struck with fear and worries caused by one's business or friends. If a man sees himself in a dream dyeing his hair or beard with other than henna, it means that he will suffer from what he fears most. Dyeing or suppressing one's feelings for a sick person means recovering from his ailment. Dyeing one's hair black in a dream means hiding one's bad conditions, spoiling the benefits of one's deeds, or hiding one's evil intentions. This is taken from the practice of Egypt's Pharaoh who sometimes dyed his hair black, thus trying to hide his appearance and ignorance.
Fire Dream Explanation
— In general, any dream involving fire or Hell means that an intrigue is imminent. But for the ancient Arabs, fire also symbolized power or the one in power, in view of its essence and properties. Fire can be beneficial and can be harmful, like the sultan. It also refers to faults and sins and statements or deeds conducive to them. At the same time, it alludes to the return to the right path, that of wisdom, Islam, learning, and the Quran, as it can be used to light the way. Likewise, to the ancient Arabs fire was a sign of wealth and the good quality of life. Putting it out meant avarice and poverty. But it also symbolized the jinn whom God created from fire, poisons, the sword, and intrigue if it produced a thunder like sound and had flames and smoke. Sometimes, it represented the torture inflicted by the sultan, because “it is God’s torture.” It also alludes to plagues like swarms of locusts or diseases or epidemics like smallpox or the bubonic plague.
• Being burnt or dreaming that a dead person is being burnt: The subject is doomed to Hell.
• A king throwing the dreamer in the fire: The dreamer must pay some money.
• Fire with flames and smoke falling from the sky on the houses and shops: Intrigue, strife, and war or the crossing of swords in such places or a fine will be imposed by the ruler.
• Fire falling from heaven and burning the dreamer without really affecting him: Soldiers will invade his house.
• Seeing embers without flames: Diseases, like smallpox, or an epidemic.
• A fire ravaging plants and cultivated areas: Barrenness will decimate all vegetation, or locusts will devour the crops.
• Lighting a fire on a path for people to see where they are going: (1) Will receive or dispense teachings, if eligible. (2) Will wield power and influence and benefit people and vice versa.
• Lighting a fire away from any route and seeing it burning passersby or their clothes or harming them or their eyesight with the smoke it pro duces: (1) The dreamer will come out with or entertain a heresy. (2) A tyrant will seek the dreamer’s services or torture him, depending on whether the dreamer was approaching and fuelling the fire or fleeing from it.
• Lighting a fire in a barren land and inviting people to it: The dreamer is promoting a heresy, and whoever responds in the dream will respond in reality.
• A good person dreaming that his enemies have sparked off a terrible fire, which does not resemble the fire known on earth, and are preparing to throw him in it: He will triumph and supercede them. If they actually throw him, he will be safe, as was the case with the Prophet Abraham.
• Fire threatening the dreamer or those who lit it serving warnings to him: He had better fear God and abstain from the things conducive to Hell in which he is indulging.
• Seeing the fire in an oven or a furnace, et cetera, in one’s home: Benefits and wealth, especially for people whose profession or craft involves the use of fire and more particularly if it is in winter.
• A fire having been put down by water or rain or in any way and turned into ashes: Will become poor or unable to carry out one’s activity or profession.
• A person whose profession does not involve the use of fire lighting a fire to cook: He is striving to earn money or obtain other benefits by serving the ruler or a powerful individual or through this individual’s help. He could also be trying to achieve the same goal through brokerage or a dispute or inciting people against each other or slandering someone.
• Seeing one’s home burning: Havoc and destruction or bankruptcy are imminent.
• Seeing some food, oil or any items on sale catching fire: The price of such goods or commodities will rise, or the ruler will buy them from the merchants.
• Eating fire: Will have doubtful sources of income, take dirty money, or eat up the moneys of the orphans, in view of the Quranic verse that says: “Lo! Those who devour the wealth of orphans wrongfully, they do but swallow fire into their bellies, and they will be exposed to burning flame.” (“Al-Nisae” [Women], verse 10.)
• Fire speaking in a jar or a container symbolizing a male or a female: The person whom the pot refers to will be touched or possessed by a jinn who will speak through his tongue.
• Setting a fire to warm up: Will invent something to conceal or remedy one’s poverty, because cold is poverty.
• The thumb turning into a night-light: The dreamer will go blind and be led by some of his children.
• Fire coming out of the dreamer’s finger: He is an unjust writer.
• Fire coming out of the dreamer’s mouth: He is a slanderer.
• Fire coming out of the dreamer’s palm: He is an unfair craftsman or manufacturer.
• Lighting a fire under a utensil containing food: The dreamer will do something that will benefit his household. If the container was empty, he would incite someone to do something ugly.
• Fire burning the dreamer’s body or clothes: Harm and calamities.
• A burning flame in one’s clothes: Wife will get pregnant.
• Being licked by flames: Will be slandered.
• Obtaining fire: Will receive dirty money from the ruler or another influential person.
• Seeing a flame in one’s hand: Will receive plenty of money and gifts from the ruler.
• Lighting a fire at the gate of the ruler: Will have the power to rule.
• Seeing a fire over one’s head (like a halo) throwing a bright light that helps everybody: The dreamer is a majestic person who likes to help people.
• Sparking off fire in a crowded place or setting people ablaze: Will sow the seeds of dissension among people and cause harm.
• A merchant seeing a fire in the marketplace or in his shop: His merchandise will be sold out or exhausted, but the money he will gain from that exercise will not be a hundred percent pure.
• Sitting with people around a fire or seeing a bright flame on a dark, moonless night: Blessings and strength in view of verses in the Holy Quran: “ (Remember) when Moses said unto his household: Lo! I spy afar off a fire, I will bring you tiding thence, or bring to you a borrowed flame that ye may warm yourselves. But when he reached it, he was called, saying: Blessed is whosoever is in the fire and whosoever is round about it! And glorified by Allah, the Lord of the Worlds!” (“Al-Naml” [The Ants], verses 07–08.)
• Fire being driven out of one’s home: Will be given a high post or a province to rule, be successful in trade, or be blessed with special skills in a craft or a profession.
• A person whose wife is pregnant dreaming that fire has fallen from his head or come out of his hand: Will hear great news, namely that his wife has given birth to a male child.
• Seeing a fire, a blaze, or sparks having been extinguished: Subversion, riots, and clashes will mark that place.
• Seeing a smokeless flame on one’s house: Will go on hajj (pilgrimage).
• Seeing a smokeless flame in the middle of one’s house: Will be buried there.
• A fire that the household is using to see all round being put down: The backbone of the house will die. The same dream applied to a country means that its head will pass away. If the fire is contained in the garden, the children of such a chief will die. If winds enter the house after the flame died down, thieves will do so.
• A warrior or a merchant lighting a fire that dies down: Will lose and be subdued and humiliated.
• Being in a fire or surrounded by fire without feeling the heat: Will have strong friends and supporters, triumph over enemies, and rule, in view of the story of Abraham as related in verses 51–70 in the chapter titled “Al-Anbiyae” (The Prophets) in the Holy Quran. A person told Ibn Siren he dreamed that one of his slippers had fallen in a fire and the flames only licked part of the other. His interpretation was that the subject had cattle in Persia, which were stolen. Half of them were gone, and the rest were wounded. As usual, Ibn Siren proved to be right.
| || |