Ali Ibn Abi Taleb Dream Explanation
— He was the fourth caliph, from A.D. 656 to 661, when he was assassinated in Koufa, his capital. The essence of the Shiite movement in Islam is the contention that Ali, the son-in-law of the Holy Prophet, should have been the first caliph to succeed Muhammad (p b u h). Most often, dreaming of Ali, peace be upon him, or similar Imams means that the hero of such a dream will die as a martyr.
• A king dreaming of Ali: Will conquer a country or overrun a bastion and be highly praised.
• Seeing Ali means the dreamer will: (1) Triumph over enemies. (2) Have good and noble children and grandchildren. (3) Subdue the aliens in his Muslim country who rebel against the system, especially the Jews (according to the ancient interpreters). (4) Become a successor and a trustee. (5) Embark on difficult, strenuous trips. (6) If at war, obtain many spoils. (7) Become more knowledgeable, generous, courageous, and ascetic or selfless.
• Seeing Ali alive: Will be envied by others, but God will save him from their evil eye and give him power. He will also follow the Prophet’s Tradition.
• Seeing Ali as an old man carrying a weapon: Will be in touch with the ruler and benefit from such a relationship.
• Seeing Ali in his forties: Will consolidate your grip.
• A wise man seeing Ali with white hair and beard: Knowledge will dwindle.
• Ali seen in a place where people are prostrating themselves before him or carrying him on their shoulders: Those people will become dissidents (Shia) and come together to sow the seeds of dissension.19
• An Ulema, or Muslim religious scholar or erudite, seeing Ali: Will acquire further knowledge, prestige, and power over his equals. The dreamer should be careful as not to be taken captive, deported, or relocated. Seeing Ali in a warlike mood in a Muslim city: Civil strife or a very strong polemic.
• Seeing Ali in a place where there are great or old people: They will all be destroyed.
• Seeing Ali, his hands deeply tinged: The children of the dreamer will have the upper hand in a dispute with him.
• Seeing Ali with a wound in his body: The dreamer is being stabbed or strongly contested and will be brought down or subdued.
• Ali taking out the sword: The dreamer is asking his children to become chiefs and to fight for it. Seeing Ali in a fight means that those children will triumph.
Arabic Dream Explanation
— (See Language)
Arabic months Dream Explanation
— (Lunar months) : 1- Muharram; 2- Safar; 3- Rabi-ul-Awwal; 4- Rabi-al-Thani; 5- Jamada-al-Awwal; 6- Jamada-al-Thani; 7- Rajab; 8- Shaaban; 9- Ramadan; 10- Shawwal; 11- Zul-Qidah; 12- Zul-Hijjah) Seeing a dream during the month of Muharram means that the dream is most true as it is seen. Thus, having a dream during the month of Muharram could be even called a vision and it never fails. Such a dream means success, relief from difficulties, release from a prison, or recovering from an illness. If the person had retreated from his town, he will return to it. This interpretation is based on the story of Allah's prophet Jonah, upon whom be peace, after he emerged from the belly of the whale. Perhaps the person in the dream may face a great spiritual challenge in his life, or it could mean the death of a great man of knowledge or the emergence of such a Gnostic or wise man in that city. If the person seeing the dream is a sinner, it means dream means will repent of his sins, for Allah Almighty has accepted the repentance of Adam, upon whom be peace, during that month. If the person in the dream is one who hopes for a station of honor, he will attain it, because Allah Almighty has raised the prophet Enoch (Idris) upon whom be peace, to a high station during that month. If a traveller sees a dream during that month, it means that he will safely return home from a long journey, because it is the month in which the prophet Noah upon whom be peace, was saved with his people, and it is the month in which the arc settle on top of Mount Judiyyi. If the seer desires a son, then he will beget a righteous son, because it is the month in which Allah's prophets Abraham and Jesus, upon both of them be peace, were born. If the person he is dream is suffering from tight financial circumstances and if he desired a wayout, it means that he will see the light or escape from the danger of his enemy, because this is the month in which Allah's prophet Abraham was saved from the fire of Nimrod, or perhaps, if he had followed a path of innovation and falsehood, he will turn back to Allah Almighty and repent of his sin, because it is also the month in which Allah Almighty forgave the prophet David, upon whom be peace. If the person in the dream is impeached from his leadership position or stripped from his status, he will return to his office and regain honor, because it is also the month in which Allah Almighty returned the prophet Solomon to his kingdom. If one is bedridden, it means that he will recover from his illness, because it is the month in which the prophet Job (uwbp) recovered from his illness, or perhaps it could mean that one will be sent as an emissary with a mission, or as an ambassador, because it is during this month that Allah Almighty spoke to His prophet Moses upon whom be peace. As for the second lunar month, known in Arabic
as afar, having a dream during it could be interpreted as follows; If one is pessimistic about what he saw, then it could mean the opposite. If he is sick, it means recovering from his illness. If one is needy, it means that his needs will be satisfied. If one is suffering from stress and worries, it means that they can cause him no harm. If one sees his dream during the third lunar month, known in Arabic
as Rabi-ul-Awwal, and if he is a merchant, it means that his business will grow, prosper and that his money will be blessed or perhaps he may conceive a child during that month. If he is under stress and worries, they will be dispelled. If he is persecuted or treated unjustly, he will end in a triumph, or it could mean that he will hear good news, or he may be appointed as governor, or he may admonish people to do good and discard evil, for it is the month in which Allah's Prophet Muhammad, upon whom be peace, was born to this world. If one's dream takes place during the fourth lunar month, known in Arabic
as Rabi-al-Thani, and if it suggests glad tidings, then one may have to wait and exercise patience, but if it suggests evil, then such happening will come fast. During this month, seeing a dream also means victory over one's enemy, or it could mean conceiving a blessed son who will grow to become a gnostic, or a hero, for it is during this month that the Imam Ali, may Allah bless his countenance and be forever pleased with him was born. As for the fifth lunar month, known in Arabic
as Jamada-al-Awwal, seeing a dream during this month means that one should slow down or scrutinize his buying and selling, or it could mean that he may lose his daughter or wife, for it is in this month that the daughter of Allah's Messenger, upon whom be peace, Fatima died. May Allah. be forever pleased with her. If the dream happens during the sixth lunar month, known in Arabic
as Jamada-al-Thani, and if the dream carries a good meaning, it will come, but slow and one should not contradict it. If one sees this dream during the seventh lunar month, known in Arabic
as Rajab, it means that he will gain a dream and status, for it is the month of the prophet's Ascension (Miraj) and his night journey to the seventh heaven. A dream during the eighth lunar month, known in Arabic
as Shaaban, represents a dream and ranks, for during this month, every good deed will be honoured. As for the ninth lunar month, known in Arabic
as Ramadan, in it, all difficulties will be suspended, evil will be shun and stinginess will be dispelled. During this month all what is good will manifest and bad dream will dissipate to become null and void. During this month, the dreams of a believer may be differently interpreted than the dream of a disbeliever. If one sees the month of Ramadan in his dream, his dream means blessings, profits, commanding good and forbidding evil. If the person is seeking knowledge, then knowledge will be given to him, for it is during this great month that the Holy Means that was revealed. If the person is inflicted with epilepsy, he will recover from it, for the devils and all evil spirits are shackled and are rendered powerless during this month. As for the tenth lunar month, known in Arabic
as Shawwal, if one's dream suggests a war or a conflict, it means that he will come first in it, and that he will triumph. If one sees the month of Shawwal in his dream, it means that he will come out of difficulties and finds happiness and devotion, for it is the month during which that Allah's House, known as the Kabah was built. As for the eleventh lunar month, known in Arabic
as Zul-Qidah, if one's dream suggests a trip, then the person should refrain from taking that trip or perhaps he should delay it for the better. He also should guard himself where he lives. If the dream denote stress or worries, then he should avoid whatever may cause them. However, if one's dream takes place during the twelfth lunar month, known in Arabic
as Zul-Hijjah indicates a journey then one may take it, or if it denotes a good business, one should seek it, for it is a most blessed month and it is the month of festivities and sacrifices. If one sees this month in his dream or sees himself offering sacrifices in it, or if he honour praying the festival of Sacrifice prayers in it, his dream means paying one's debts or fulfilling one's vows, repentance from sin, guidance or perhaps his dream may indicate the death of great people of knowledge, the impeachment of governors, the changing of governments, or it could mean a sudden war.
Herpes - Arabic: Qawbae Dream Explanation
— Dreaming of herpes (ringworm tetter or psoriasis) refers to money the dreamer is afraid to claim.
Lily - Arabic: Sawsan Dream Explanation
— There are controversial interpretations about this plant. Some say it symbolizes good praise and others evil, for etymological reasons relating to the Arab language.
Dried fruits Dream Explanation
— Fresh fruits
in a dream denote money that does not last, while dried fruits
represent money that will last. (Also see Fruits)
Fruits salesman Dream Explanation
— (Fruit) In a dream, a fruit salesman represents a trustworthy person who is entrusted with people's money and confidentiality. In dream interpretation, a fruit salesman also represents a good person unless he takes money for his fruits
. Seeing a fruit salesman in a dream is also interpreted as listening to a worthwhile lecture or listening to a touching sermon or hearing an official report from the government delivered by a special announcer, or it could mean marriage, children, fast coming money and worthwhile efforts. (Also see Fruit)
Bitter fruits Dream Explanation
— (Colocynth; Bitter apples; Bitter cucumber) Its tree represents sadness and stress, a coward, or an uneasy, worried and a restless person.
Call For Prayer (Arabic: Athan) Dream Explanation
— There are contradictory interpretations of dreams involving the athan or call for prayers. In general, according to interpreter Abu Said Al-Waez, the athan is a good dream for religious-minded people and those who specialize in religion. It should also be done properly and in the proper place. Otherwise, it is a bad dream, as in the case of someone dreaming that he is calling for prayer in a garbage disposal area, in which case it would mean that the dreamer is attempting a reconciliation with a foolish person who would reject him. Likewise, calling for prayer in a house, rather than in the mosque, would mean that the dreamer is trying to entice a woman. According to Ibn
Siren, the athan means separation between partners in view of a verse to this effect in “Suratul Taubah” (Repentance) in the Holy Quran.
• Calling for prayer once or twice, then praying as ordained by God: Will perform hajj or umrah (minor and out-of-season pilgrimage).
• Launching the prayer call while standing on the Kabah in Mecca (Makkah): The dreamer will come out with a heresy. The dream would be worse if the call was launched from within the Kabah.
• Calling for prayer from a minaret: The dreamer is advocating right and justice and would, hopefully, go to Mecca (Makkah).
• Calling for prayer from a well: The dreamer is prompting people to embark on a long trip.
• A nonprofessional muaththen (the one who launches the prayer call) dreaming that he is doing so: Will have a post as high as his voice was loud and pleasant, in case he is eligible.
• Calling for prayer from a hilltop: (1) Will be entrusted with a glorious responsibility by a foreigner, if eligible. (2) Will make a successful business deal or learn a valuable craft.
• Extending or shortening the prayer call or altering its rituals: Will commit an injustice.
• Launching the athan from a street: The dreamer will promote virtue and deter vice, if eligible; otherwise, he will start a fight.
• Launching the prayer call while standing on top of a wall: The dreamer is undertaking a peace initiative.
• Launching the prayer call from a roof: Death will occur in that house.
• Calling people for prayer but receiving no response: The dreamer is amid evildoers in view of a verse in the Holy Quran: “And the dwellers of the Garden (Paradise) cry unto the dwellers of the Fire (Hell): We have found that which our Lord promised us (to be) the Truth. Have ye (too) found that which your Lord promised the Truth? They say: Yea, verily. And a crier in between them crieth: The curse of Allah is on evildoer.” (“Al-Aaraf,” verse 44.)
• A child launching the prayer call: His parents will be innocent from calumnies, by analogy with the story and origin of Jesus Christ.
• Launching the praying call in a bathroom: Bad dream on both the spiritual and material planes. It could mean that the dreamer is a pimp.
• Crying for prayers in the “hot house”23: Will have a shaking fever. Crying for prayers in the “cold house”: Will have a fever.
• Launching the athan at the gate of the ruler: Will speak the truth.
• Calling for prayer while clad indecently or showing one’s underwear: Will penetrate a woman.
• Someone launching the athan in a souk (marketplace): Someone in that souk will pass away.
• Hearing an unpleasant athan: Someone is inviting the dreamer to indulge in vice and abominations.
Eating the Fruits of Jannah Dream Explanation
— Seeing oneself eating the fruits
of Jannah or giving it to someone else is an excellent dream for the fruits
of Jannah symbolize utterance of virtue, excellence and benevolence.
Eating Fruits in the Garden Dream Explanation
— It means the observer will receive wealth from a wealthy woman.
Acquiring But Not Eating the Fruits of Jannah Dream Explanation
— Acquiring the fruits
of Jannah but not eating them or not having the ability to eat them means he will acquire deen but he will not profit from it . Sometimes a dream of this nature could also mean that he will acquire the knowledge of Deen which not benefit him in any way.
Incident Dream Explanation
— It is reported that once, while Ibn Sirin
(RA) was having his lunch,a lady came to him and informed him that she had seen a dream. When he asked her to relate it she said: “Not until you have finished your meal”. After having had his meal, she said; “I saw the moon entering the planet Taurus and a voice from behind me said to me: Go to Ibn Sirin
and relate to him your dream!. Hearing this, the Imaam's face turned pale and he got up holding his stomach. His sister came to himasking: “ What's the matter with you? Why has your face turned pale? He said “Why should it not when this lady has brought to me the news of my death after seven days?” And truly, the Imaam (RA) passed away on the seventh day after this dream. May allah have mercy upon him.
Incident Dream Explanation
— A person related his dream to Ibn Sirin
(RA), saying that he had seen a white pigeon, sitting on the pinnacle of a masjid in Madeenah and that he was captivated by its beauty. Then came a hawk and carried it away. The Imaam said; “If you are speaking the truth it means Hajjaaj bin Yoosuf will marry the daguther of Abdullah bin Jafar At-Tayyaar”. It is said that not many days had passed before Hajjaaj married her. Someone asked Ibn Sirin
: “O Aba Abdallah, how did you happen to come to this interpretation?” He replied: “A pigeon symbolises a woman. Its whiteness represents her beauty. The pinnacle of the masjid bespeaks her nobility and honour. And I found no other woman with such beauty and honour except the daughter of At-Tayyaar. Then I looked at the hawk which symbolises a tyrant and despotic ruler. I found Hajjaaj fitting this description. This how I reached this interpretation.” It is said that all the people sitting in his majlis were awe-struck when they heard this explanation of his.
European Dream Explanation
— • Seeing Europeans (Arabic: Ferenj): Relief, success, and victory, because the Arabic
word for it comprises the letters f, r, and j, which together give the sound faraj, meaning “relief.”
• Becoming European: Will go heretic and become more tyrannical because, writes Ibn
Shaheen, they are warriors and tyrants and they promote ignorance.26
Crow Dream Explanation
— It represents a mischievous person who is a great liar and an impostor. He has no religion. The same is the interpretation of an old eagle and magpie. Ibn Sirin
(RA) says that if a person sees an old eagle in his dream during the day, he will suffer from some serious illness.
Incident Dream Explanation
— It is related that Abdullah bin Zubair (RA) saw in his dream that he is engaged in a duel with Abdul Malik Ibn
Marwan, defeating the latter. The former also sees himself pinning his foe to the ground by means of four nails. When he awoke in the morning, he sent his man to Ibn Sirin
(RA) for the interpretation of the dream. He also cautioned him not to reveal to the Imaam the name of the one who saw the dream, nor the winnr nor the loser. When the Imaam heard this he exclaimed: “This is not your dream! Nor can anyone except Abdul Malik Ibn
Marewan or Abdullah bin Zubair see such a dream!” The Imaam decline to interpret the dream. The person returned to Abdullah bin Zubair and informed him tof the Imaam's refusal to interpret the dream until the real person who had seen the dream is not known. Abdullah bin Zubair 9RA) sent his messenger back to tell the Imaam that it was he who had seen the dream When the Imaam was informed to this and the fact that the loser was Abdul Malik bin Marwan he said that Ibn
Marwan will gain victory over Abdullah bin Zubair, killing him in the process. Thereafter, the chain of Khilafat will reamin in the family of Ibn
Marwan. This interpretation was given because of the fact that Ibn
Marwan was pinned to the ground by means of four nails. The interpretation turned out to be exactly as the Imaam had stated!.
Incident Dream Explanation
— Aboo Ammaarah Attayyaan (RA) reported to us that he revealed a dream of his to Ibn Sirin
(RA) that it was as if he had seen a separ or lance in his hand. The Imaam asked whether he had seen the point of the lance or not. He said no. Upon this he said: “Had you seen the point, a son would have been born to you. But now you will have female issues only.” He pondered for a moment, then said: “ In all, twelve daughters will be born to you”. (After many years) it is reported from Ibn
Yahya that when he revealed the above incident to Abul Waleed (RA) the latter laughed saying: “I am the son of one of them. I have eleven maternal aunts and Aboo Ammaarah Attayyaan was my grandfather. May Allah shower His blessings upon him and us and all the Muslims.”
Incident Dream Explanation
— A person related his dream to Ibn Sirin
(RA) saying that he had seen himself carrying a bag filled with snakes and scorpions. The Imaam interpreted the dream saying that he had one something as to cause the wicked people to hate him. He said: “Yes, I have been appointed by the Sultan to collect taxes from the Arabs. This has caused them to hate me”.
Incident Dream Explanation
— A person approached Ibn Sirin
(RA) and said : “ I have seen a dream that I have shaven my hair” or he said “ I have seen my head shaven. Please interpret the dream for me”. The Imaam said: “This slave of yours will be separated from you either by becoming free or by your death or his”. (The narrator says ) that the master died within five or six days after seeing this dream.
| || |