Committing suicide Dream Explanation — (See Disbelief)
A Wife Donning the Clothes of her Husband Dream Explanation — This is a good and pleasant dream.
A Wife Wearing the Military Clothes of her Husband Dream Explanation — The interpretation of such a dream is linked with either her husband or one who guards her. The same dream could mean that either she will benefit from the good qualities of her husband or he will benefit from her good qualities.
Adultery Dream Explanation — • Committing adultery with the wife of a person known to the dreamer: The dreamer wants to take a bite at his fortune.
• Sleeping with somebody else’s wife while the husband is present and raises no objection: That man will entrust the dreamer with the responsibility of looking after his household.
• Dreaming of reading the Quranic verse: “The adulterer and the adulteress, scourge ye each one of them (with) a hundred stripes. And let not pity for the twain withhold you from obedience to Allah, if ye believe in Allah and the Last Day. And let a party of believers witness their punishment” (“Al-Nur” [Light], verse 02): The dreamer is an adulterer or an adulteress.
• Seeing a man flirting with a married woman: That man is coveting her husband.
• Entering a place where adultery occurs or is in vogue and being unable to get out of it: Will die fast.
Adultery Dream Explanation — • Having sex with an adulteress: Will make illegal or sinful gains or will really commit adultery. (According to a verse in the Holy Quran, only an adulterer would have sex with an adulteress (“Suratul Nur” [Light], verse 03.) If ejaculation has followed, the person should wash thoroughly.
• Seeing people going out of their way to an adulteress: Those people will concur with or benefit from the views of a learned or wise man.
• Committing adultery with a beautiful young woman: The dreamer is putting his money in a safe place.
• Being stoned to death after committing adultery: (1) Will become notorious. (2) For a religious-minded person, will acquire good learning.
Adultery Dream Explanation — (Rape) Committing the abominable and forbidden act of adultery in a dream means betrayal. If one sees himself doing so in a dream, it means that he will betray his wife. An unknown woman is better here than a known woman. Adultery in a dream also means theft. If one sees an adulteress soliciting him for fornication in a dream it means that he might be lured to earn unlawful money. If one commits adultery with a young and a beautiful woman in a dream, it means that he will place his earnings in a well-guarded place or a coffer. If a strong person commits adultery in his dream and if he had to face the divine ordinance and chastisement for his sin in the dream, it means that his authority will expand.
Adultery Dream Explanation — If the person in the dream qualifies for leadership, then he will be endowed with one. If one sees himself committing adultery with the wife of a close friend in a dream it means that he will take some money from him. If one reads the ruling of the divine ordinance concerning the punishment of adulterers in a dream, it means that he is an adulterer. If one deals with an adulteress or with a woman who has committed adultery in a dream, then such a woman represents the world and its seekers. If a student on the path of Allah Almighty, who is known to have piety, good conduct and who has the look of a believer sees himself dealing with an adulteress or a woman who has committed adultery in a dream, it means that he will join the company of a gnostic and learn wisdom at his hand.
Adultery Dream Explanation — If one sees a man and a woman sitting alone in an intimate setting in his dream, and if he recognizes them, it means that he desires some worldly interests from such a man. If a man sees himself raping a young woman in a dream, it means that he hides his savings in an unknown place. If he is caught after that, and if the divine ordinance is exacted in the dream, his dream means that he will follow the path of knowledge and understanding of religious jurisprudence. If one commits adultery with an adulteress in a dream, it means that he will face severe trials. If one enters a brothel in his dream and finds it impossible to leave that place, it means that he may die shortly. If one sees himself sleeping with someone else's wife, while the husband is not minding in a dream, it means that the husband will entrust him with his home to manage. If one marries an adulteress in a dream, it means that he is an adulterer. (Also see Sexual intercourse)
Adultery Dream Explanation — Adultery symbolizes betrayal and theft.
• An adulteress flirting with the dreamer: Will obtain dirty money.
• A concupiscent person having sex with an adulteress: Will make sinful gains or will be involved in evil and intrigue.
• A virtuous and righteous person making love to an adulteress: Will add to his knowledge and blessings or will perform the pilgrimage to Mecca (Makkah). The contradiction between the above two cases lies in that sex, in general, symbolizes the fulfilment of wishes, be they religious or worldly, because sex is nothing else but pleasure, satisfaction, delight, or ecstasy. And the woman, in dreams, symbolizes the world or the dreamer’s life and livelihood. Therefore, the meaning of having intercourse with a woman is contingent upon the tendencies of the dreamer, whether religious or earthly.
Pleasure Dream Explanation — (Enjoyment; Orgasm; Sexual climax; Sexual pleasure) In a dream, pleasure means something which is temporary, or a short lived benefit. Sexual enjoyment in a dream also means committing the forbidden act of adultery, or it could denote usury, or a deceptive sale. Sexual pleasure in a dream also may mean arrogance, pride about one's properties, business partnership, or a marriage where the wife will enjoy what she receives and the husband will benefit from satisfying his desire. (Also see Sexual intercourse)
Marriage Dream Explanation — • Marrying an adulteress: Will yourself indulge in adultery. (Also see Adultery.)
• Marrying any kind of animal: Will marry a woman having similarities with such a beast. If the animal was consenting, the woman in question would go along in the husband’s direction, be it good or bad.
• Seeing a sick man getting married without a woman in sight or in a mysterious manner: The patient will die and rest peacefully.
Cat Dream Explanation — A cat in a dream represents a book of records, one's share from a business, an inheritance, or his work. A cat in a dream also means shunning off one's husband, wife or children, or it could mean a fight, theft, adultery, disloyalty, eavesdropping, backbiting or bearing a child from adultery, a bastard child, or it could represent a gentle speaking person, a toadying person or someone who desires to be accepted by others, and should he find an opportune moment, he will spoil everyone's peace. A cat in a dream also represents a banal woman who likes herself.
Cat Dream Explanation — The case would be worse if the cat dreamt of was of the wild type. By contrast, a quiet she-cat means a comfortable year, a savage one a year full of harm. The she-cat is sometimes a reference to tender motherhood. Other contradictory symbols include: (1) Dispute or controversy. (2) Adultery. (3) The product of adultery or an abandoned child whose father cannot be identified. (4) The absence of gratitude. (5) The failure to fulfil a promise or honour one’s obligations. (6) Being quick of hearing. (7) Whispers. (8) The hypocritical flatterer and gadabout. The she-cat usually symbolizes an evil and deceitful woman. A woman told Ibn Siren she dreamed that a cat had introduced its head into her husband’s stomach, taken something out of it, and eaten it. The great seer said that a black thief would enter her husband’s shop that evening and steal 316 dirham's from his safe. And so it was. There was a black bath attendant in the neighbourhood. The people of the area got hold of him, and he confessed to his crime and restored the money. When asked how he managed to know all that, Ibn Siren said that the cat was a thief, the husband’s stomach his safe and what was taken out of it the money. As for defining the exact amount, Ibn Siren said that each letter of the alphabet had its specific number. Therefore cat—in Arabic sanur—stood for 316 dirham's.
Khimar Dream Explanation — If the Khimar is made of black torn fabric in the dream, it means poverty of one's husband, or his being natural, or unsophisticated. Damage to one's veil in a dream means difficulties affecting one's marriage, loss of business or a calamity caused by a guardian, a father or a brother. If a man sees himself wearing a mask in a dream, it means that he will commit adultery with his servant. If a woman sees herself removing her veil in public in a dream, it means that she will be tried with a calamity that will take away her sense of shame. If she loses her Khimar in the dream, it means that she may lose her husband. If she finds it again in the dream, it means that her husband will return to her. In a dream, a Khimar also represents one's religion. (Also see Veil; Yashmak);
Dagger Dream Explanation — (Knife) Carrying a dagger in one's hand in a dream means attainment of one's purpose or gaining financial stability. Sheathing a dagger in a dream means committing adultery.
Shroud Or Mortuary Winding Sheet Dream Explanation — (Also see Dress.) It symbolizes a penchant for adultery. The smaller the shroud, the closer the dreamer is to repentance, and vice versa. But interpreters differ on this point—some of them feel that the larger the shroud, the better the dream is.
• Seeing a living person wearing a shroud: The dreamer has a leaning toward adultery. If the shroud has not been worn, he is inciting others to commit adultery, but nobody responds to his calls.
• Being wrapped up in a shroud: The dreamer will die.
Mongoose Dream Explanation — The mongoose symbolizes adultery. Seeing it means that the dreamer will commit adultery, for it basically kills snakes, but it also steals hens, which according to Ibn Siren have similarities with women.
Worshipping fire Dream Explanation — (Fire worshipper; Magi; Magus; Mazdaism; Sorcerer) Seeing an old man worshipping fire in a dream means facing a person who cares little about obliterating his enemy. Seeing oneself worshiping fire in a dream means apostasy, committing adultery, theft, murder, making a false oath, polytheism, or being an unjust person.
Veil Dream Explanation — The veil symbolizes the dreamer’s religion and the woman’s husband, decency, ornament, and welfare or her chief.
• A pure veil: The husband or chief has plenty of money.
• A white veil: The husband or chief is religious and prestigious.
• A black veil: The husband is stupid and poor.
Fat Dream Explanation — If one eats the fat of a non-permissible animal (beats, vultures, etcetera) in a dream, it means earning unlawful money, committing adultery, rejecting one's religion or fostering forbidden acts. Using fat as medicine in a dream means recovering from an illness. Fat in a dream also means joy, happiness or festivities. In general, fat in a dream also could be interpreted to mean clean money, or net profits from which nothing is wasted.