| |Hunt Dream Explanation
— (Food) In a dream, a hunt represents a booty or profits. If one hunts a deer or a rabbit in his dream, it means money and profits. If one hunts for sport in the dream, it means backbiting or slandering a woman. If one sees himself hunting with hunting dogs
in a dream, it means that he will fulfill a long desired wish. If one sees dogs
going to hunt in a dream, it means good news for everyone, or it could mean engaging in an act, or establishing a business. If he sees the dogs
returning from the hunt in a dream, it means dispelling fears, or shortage of work. If one sees himself fishing with a fishing instrument in a dream, it means making an honest living, or seeking lawful earnings. Hunting in a dream represents one's diligence and determination to succeed in his life, and to earn his livelihood with his own sweat. If one happens to be unmarried, then hunting in a dream means that he will get married. If one is married, it means that he will beget a son. If a woman sees herself hunting in a dream, it means that she has control over her husband's money, her father's assets, or it could mean that she will receive an inheritance or control vast interests in a business. Hunting small preys in a dream represents knowledge, a trade, or an inheritance. (Also see Dog; Hunter)
Belly Dream Explanation
— (See Abdomen.) The belly, stomach, or abdomen symbolizes the person’s safe, money, offspring, relatives or clan members, or the shelter of his children.
• Having a big belly: (1) Plenty of money, children, et cetera. (2) Usury. (3) The dreamer has spent his money on sins, feels sorry about it, and would like to expiate.
• Having a small belly without feeling hungry: Dearth of resources. If the dreamer felt hungry
, it would mean that he is careful with money and will obtain as much money as the hunger he felt in the dream.
• The belly getting small: The dreamer has too many things.
• Feeling full: The dreamer is loaded.
• Crawling on the belly: The dreamer relies too much on money.
• Having pain in the stomach: The dreamer’s household and relatives are in good health.
Prompting Dream Explanation
— (Incite; Induce; Lure; Urge) To urge someone to feed the hungry
or to do good deeds in a dream means repentance of a sinner, or attracting one's good luck, or following the exemplary conduct of Allah's Prophet upon whom be peace.
Dog Dream Explanation
— According to Ibn Siren, dream interpreters disagree on what a dog represents in dreams. Some of them regard it as a slave or a servant, others as a despot, a terrible person, and a slanderer, if it barks. The black dog is an Arab. On the other hand, a dog could also mean a weak enemy with little chivalry, if any. The she-dog is a mean woman. If she bites, such a woman would harm the dreamer. If a dog tears the dreamer’s clothes, it would mean that a low man would backbite him. For Al-Nabulsi, the dog symbolizes a policeman of low rank, a gate-man, or a guardian, a niggardly person, a weak enemy, and a stupid, profligate, and aggressive man who never hesitates to commit foolish or criminal acts, especially if it barks; it would mean that he has an awful temper, that he is terrible. The dog is also a harbinger of fever, in view of the terrible disease Al-Shiira Al-Yamaneyyah (literally translated, it means the Yemeni hair; probably hirsutism or hypertrichosis, more popularly known as the werewolf phenomenon, which had a correlation not with the full moon, but with Al-Shiira Al-Yamaneyyah, which was also the name of Sirius, a star of the constellation called the Greater Dog, or Canis Major, which is the brightest star in the heavens). It could also be a sign of apostasy, atheism, or despair in God’s mercy and scepticism about His messages. All dogs
, in general, symbolize the worldly persons (perhaps because, in Arabic, whereas the word kalb means “dog,” takalub means “to rush madly upon; to contend for”), as well as the humble, submissive people, the beggars, or the lads who go from door to door. In abstract terms, dogs
are the incarnation of meanness, lowliness, villainy, and humiliation or humility with everlasting affection for the master and care for the latter’s money and children or in-laws. All kinds of dogs
refer to wicked persons.
• Taking a dog: Will befriend a servant and love him very much.
• Taking or befriending a dog: Deviation, work stoppage, and the squandering of money.
• Being bitten or scratched by one’s dog: (1) Will encounter disaster sustain harm, and face hardships caused by a friend or a servant. (2) Will be harmed by one’s enemy as much as there was pain. (3) The dreamer might fall ill.
• A dog tearing one’s clothes: A silly individual is backbiting you. If no barking was heard, it means that an enemy has silently laid a trap.
• A female dog (or bitch): (1) A proliferative woman keen on preserving her husband; (2) A mean woman of low origin whose folks are troublemakers.
• A puppy is a beloved son. If he is white, it means the boy is a genuine worshiper. If black, he will prevail over his folk. In other interpretations: A puppy is the waif of a profligate or the product of adultery that the dreamer will find and raise.
• A domestic dog: An unjust and dangerous enemy.
• Seeing a saluki or greyhound: The dreamer is loyal and helpful to the sultan, who will give him a province and make him rich. The saluki is a man one can rely upon in winning a victory over his enemies, but he is mean and has no chivalry or gentlemanliness.
• Seeing a Chinese dog: Will mix with foreigners, non-Muslims.
• A hunting dog: Richness, high rank, and prestige.
• Hunting with dogs: Will achieve one’s objectives and satisfy inner passions.
• Seeing hunting dogs
going out on a hunting trip: (1) Good dream for all people. (2) Movement and action.
• Seeing hunting dogs
entering a city: Unemployment.
• Seeing hunting dogs
returning from an expedition: (1) Unemployment. (2) The end of fear.
• A sheepdog: (1) The dreamer will obtain certain benefits from the king or chief. (2) A good neighbour who is keen on preserving your interests as much as he does his own.
of the type that guard houses: Man’s wife and property are being safeguarded. If those dogs
look weak, it means sickness and losses.
• The dogs
appearing enraged and barking ferociously: Harm and deceit will befall the dreamer from evil people.
that are adopted as pets for entertainment and physical pleasure (caresses, et cetera) symbolize prosperity and good living; anything bad that would happen to them in the dream could have an adverse effect on such a good living in reality, along with sorrow and the disappearance of pleasure.
• Water dogs (otters) refer to bad men or unfulfilled wishes and actions that do not culminate in success.
• Turning into a dog: God has given you a great knowledge and withdrawn it from you when you failed to appreciate it.
• A dog barking to the dreamer: Will hear unpleasant words from an “ungentlemanly” person.
• Killing a dog: Will triumph over enemy.
• Eating dog meat: Will triumph over enemy and take a bite at his money.
• Drinking dog milk: Fear.
• Using a dog as a pillow: The dog is a friend who will prove useful and whom the dreamer will be proud of.
• Being accompanied by a dog: Disappearance, in view of the story of Ahlel Kahf (The Companions of the Cave), in the Holy Quran. (“Al-Kahf” [The Cave], chapter 18.)
• Seeing the dog of Ahlel Kahf, whose name was believed to be Qitmir: Fear, prison, or evasion.
• Seeing the dog of Ahlel Kahf in another country: The ruler or the regime will be changed.
Magi - An Zoroastrian Dream Explanation
— • Turning into a Magus: (1) Will leave Islam behind by committing abominations or embracing other nonvalid faiths, which brings about God’s wrath. (2) Will scrutinize everything and complicate matters, as is the nature of the Magians.
• Seeing an old Magi: An enemy who does not want to destroy his opponent.
• A Magi dreaming that he has become a Jew or a Christian: (1) A relative change for the better. (2) Will indulge in atheism further and be lost even more.
• Dreaming of being a Magian: The dreamer is sensual and running ex clusively after worldly matters because, writes Al-Nabulsi, the Magians are the dogs
who own the wealth of this world.38
Tanner Dream Explanation
— (Changing hide into leather or curing it; Dye) Seeing a tanner in a dream is interpreted the same as seeing a cupper. (See Cupping). Both specialties cure something. If one sees a physician becoming a tanner in a dream, it denotes his expertise and the large number of people who benefit from his treatments. Unless one finds the tanning to be faulty, then it indicates a non-professional person. If seeing a tanner in a dream is understood to denote material benefits, then in reality, he represents an escape from death. If he is understood in relationship with religious matters, then seeing him means feeding the poor and hungry
during a drought or a famine. A tanner in a dream also represents a peacemaker, a physician, or a guardian. However, it is possible to interpret a tanner in a dream to mean distress, adversities, or an unjust person. (Also see Dye; Vat)
Hunger Dream Explanation
— In a dream, hunger means wearing the garments of mourning, being seized by fear, or tightening one's fist. Hunger in a dream also represents financial losses, eagerness to maintain a certain level of standards, persistence in seeking one's livelihood or pursuing one's trade, or love for the world. Some dream interpreters prefer hunger over satiation and thist over thirst-quenching in a dream. If one sees himself hungry
during the winter season in a dream, it means that he will be tried with gluttony. If one's hunger lasts long in the dream, it means that he will receive benefits after a long wait. Hunger in a dream is also considered to mean money, bad company, jesting, asceticism, fasting, inflation, deprivation, poverty and perhaps sometimes it may mean piety and fear of wrongdoing, or remembering and thanking Allah Almighty.
Dog Dream Explanation
— (Bitch; Canine; Desire; Greyhound; Japanese spaniel; Pekingese; Lust; Puppy; Shepherd's dog; Tyke) In a dream, a dog represents an insolent man who dares to indulge in sinful actions. If he barks in the dream, it means that such a man is impudent and has a repulsive and an abominable character. A dog bite or his scratch in a dream means harm caused by one's enemy and its effects will depend on the amount of pain one suffers in the dream. It could also mean falling sick or suffering from great affliction or harm caused by a close companion or a servant. If a dog tears off one's clothing in a dream, it means that a vile person is slandering and backbiting him. If one does not hear the barking of the dog in the dream, it signifies that one's enemy has left him inflected with a small loss. A dog in a dream also could represent a vile and an insolent woman who belong to a group of evildoing people and who are persistent in their enmity. A puppy in a dream represents a loved child. If it is a white puppy in the dream, it means that such a son will grow to be a believer. If it is a black puppy in the dream, it means that he will grow to govern the household and to presides over its people. A puppy in a dream also represents a child of adultery, a foundling who is left in the street, wrapped in a swaddle and who is brought home by an insolent person to rear him. A shepherd's dog in a dream represents profits and benefits. A pet dog in a dream represents an astringent and a bitter enemy. Seeing a greyhound in a dream means gaining authority, control and wealth. A greyhound in a dream also represents the backbone of an army general or his best helper or it could represent a good strategist, though he lacks principals and moral integrity. A Japanese spaniel or a Pekingese in a dream signifies mixing with, or doing business with a foreign counterpart. Bringing-up a dog for companionship in a dream means befriending a servant for whom one has great love and affection. Hunting with a dog in a dream means satisfying one's lust or desire. Killing a dog in a dream signifies vanquishing one's enemy. Seeing an expedition of hounds leaving a town for a chase or a hunt in a dream means blessings and prosperity for everyone, or it could mean taking action. Seeing the expedition of hounds returning from a hunt or a chase in a dream means dispelling people's fears, or it could mean lack of work. If one sees such expedition entering a town in his dream, it also means a high rate of unemployment. Seeing a sick house dog in a dream means illness and financial losses or loss of appetite or losing the pleasure of living. A barking bitch in a dream signifies harm and deceit which is caused by abominable people. A dog in a dream also means suffering from extremely high fever and in relation to Dog star or the stars Procyon and Sirius of the constellations Canis Minor and Canis Major. In a dream, all breeds of dogs
represent lowly, obsequious and despicable people. Seeing dogs
that are reared for bantering or dallying with in a dream signify fun and enjoying one's life. In the dream, anything that happens to such a breed of dogs
means suffering from distress, sorrow or loss of one's pleasure of living. If one is transformed into a dog in a dream, it means that Allah Almighty has taught him great knowledge which he abused and discarded, then Allah Almighty stripped him from such a knowledge. A dog in a dream also represents a police informer or a police dog. A dog in a dream also represents a weak enemy or a niggardly person. If a dog barks at someone in a dream, it means that one will hear something he despises or hates to make public from someone who lacks any sense of honor or virtue. Eating a dog's meat in a dream means cracking down at one's enemy. A dog in a dream also represents a guard or an innovator. Drinking dog's milk in a dream means a scare. Laying one's head on a dog or relaxing with a dog or using the dog for a pillow in a dream, the dog then represents a friend or a good companion. A dog in a dream also represents a street boy, a beggar or an obsequious, lowly and a despicable person who maintains affection toward his master and jealously guards him, his children and property. A dog in a dream also means greed, love for the worldly pleasures, committing a dogfight to win them and failing to have any reserve or savings. In a dream, all types of dogs
also represent people. A hunting dog in a dream represents honor and profits. A shepherd's dog represents a good neighbor who cares more about his neighbors than about his own household. Adopting a dog as a pet in a dream means wavering, or paying financial damages, or it could mean unemployment. Taking a dog for a companion on a journey in a dream means disappearing. A dog in a dream also means disbelief, ingratitude or losing hope, belying, fear, imprisonment, or becoming a fugitive. Seeing a dog in a city in a dream also means renewal of one's business contract.
Lamenting Dream Explanation
— (Mourning; Wailing; Yowling) Lamenting and desiring something in a dream connotes evil. Lamentation in a dream also represents a preacher or it could represent a putrid odor that comes from opening the door of a filthy lavatory. Lamentation in a dream also represents dogs
yowling, drum beating, the ringing sound of cymbals, or it could mean a wedding. Sitting in a place where people are lamenting and mourning their dead in a dream means that an ominous evil may take place in that locality, or perhaps it could mean separation between families and friends. If one sees himself mourning a deceased person in a dream, it means that harm will come to him from the descendents or family of the departed person. Lamenting with great pain and sorrow and mourning over a deceased person in a dream also means waking up to a great joy and happiness. Lamenting in a dream also means adversities which are driven by the person who is lamenting. It also means going astray, or it could denote a flute, as the flute denotes lamenting in a dream. Lamenting in a dream also represents the work of ignorance.
Poverty Dream Explanation
— (Beggar; Enamored; Emaciated; Hobo; Homeless; Indigence; Love; Mendicant; Poor) Poverty in a dream means richness in wakefulness. Seeing oneself poor and hungry
in a dream means that one will wake up to a great meal, or it could mean that he has stored sufficient provisions and satisfactory sustenance for sometime to come. If one sees himself as a poor beggar in a dream, it means that he prays incessantly and often asks Allah Almighty for extra favors and blessings. Seeing a group of needy people and beggars in a dream connotes the death of a rich person in that locality, and it is a sign for poor people to go and collect the charitable donations his heirs will distribute after his death. If someone sees himself asking for something, and if he is given what he is asking for in a dream, it means that he will receive money without trouble, or that he will earn easy money, for earning one's livelihood with mere asking in a dream means a business without capital investment, or receiving without having to give anything in return. It is also said that if one sees himself as a poor person in a dream, it means that he will earn benefits in wakefulness. (Also see Beggar; Hobo)
Debt Dream Explanation
— (Blood ties; Promise; Tripping) Paying one's debt in a dream means returning from a journey. In a dream, debts signify humiliation, abuse and insults. If one sees himself paying his debts in a dream, it means that he will re-establish his connection with his relatives, strengthen his blood ties, feed the poor, solve a difficult problem, acquire a better understanding of religious matters, or return from a trip. If one sees himself paying a debt in his dream but could not recognize it in wakefulness, such debts then represent his sins for which he is responsible and answerable whether he committed them knowingly or unknowingly and their consequences will always hunt him unless he repents. Because of that, the person will suffer in this world in the form of adversities, sickness, fines or other worldly losses. Paying a debt or satisfying a just cause in a dream means feeding a hungry
person, reuniting one's family or returning from a journey and returning from a journey in a dream also means satisfying a just cause. (Also See Promise; Tripping)
Mouse Dream Explanation
— The mouse symbolizes the dreamer’s household: those who dwell in his house—his wife and children, et cetera—a debauched woman, or, some say, a devilish Jewish woman or a Jew, as related by Al-Nabulsi. It could also refer to a thief. Many mice means profit and welfare. Mice of the same color allude to women. The rat is a digging thief.
• Dreaming of a mouse playing in one’s house: Prosperity will increase because, according to the ancient Arabs, mice invade only those places that are prosperous. And only people who are not hungry
can afford to play.
• Seeing mice in one’s house: Dangerous women will enter that house.
• A mouse leaving one’s house: Livelihood and blessings will decrease.
• Owning a mouse: Will have a servant because, like servants, mice share the food of the master.
• White and black mice coming and going: Long life, as the white indicate the days and the black the nights. To borrow the expressions of Ibn Siren, the black and white mice are the nights and days silently nibbling our life and body.
• Plenty of white and black mice in an inclined or jeopardized location or a well: Life will be shortened.
• Dreaming of a mouse during an afternoon nap: Will have a long life.
• Seeing a mouse in one’s clothes or bedding: Will have intercourse with an evil woman.
• A mouse gnawing on a person’s clothes: The time that passes and erodes everything.
• A mouse digging and searching: Beware of a searching thief.
• Killing a mouse: Will win over or subdue an evil or corrupt woman.
• Obtaining mouse skin: Will get some money, not much, from a debauched woman.
• Throwing arrows or stones at a mouse: Will backbite a licentious woman or exchange correspondence with her on an unholy matter.
• Catching a mouse: Will outsmart a woman and sleep with her. A man who saw himself penetrating a mouse and coming out with a date from its ass asked Ibn Siren about the meaning of such a dream. “Are you married to a corrupt woman?” asked Ibn Siren. “Yes,” said the man. “She will give birth to a devout son.”
• A mouse coming out of one’s rectum: A thankless woman will get out of the dreamer’s life.
• A mouse coming out of the dreamer’s nose or penis: Wife will give birth to a corrupt and ungrateful girl.
Voice Dream Explanation
— In a dream, the human voice represents one's reputation or fame, and its strength or weakness reflects one's state of mind or the condition of his health. Raising one's voice in a dream means unjustly presiding over a crowd of people. Hearing a human voice in a dream means chairing an important responsibility. If the human voice emanates from an animal in the dream, it denotes great benefits and particularly if the animal speaks pleasing and soothing words or words of truth. If one raises his voice above the voice of a man of knowledge, a sheikh or a teacher in a dream, it means that he will commit a sin. A weak voice in a dream represents a man. Intentionally lowering one's voice in a dream means being indebted to someone, or it could mean humility. If a man of authority or a policeman lower his voice in a dream, it means that he maybe dismissed from his job, or he maybe reprimanded or disciplined for his misconduct. The sound produced by the ringing of coins in a dream represents temptation, allurement, or a fight between stockbrokers or money exchangers. The clank of money in a dream also means either good or bad news, or it could mean hearing good words, a wise speech, or words one likes to hear more about, if they are given as a sign of friendship or as a dower. If the clanking of money is made in jest in the dream, then it represents a fight one does not wish to end. The sound of a hornet represents a person who defames or discredits others, or whose evil cannot be removed without acquiring the help of a like person. The bleating of a ewe in a dream means kindness shown by one's mistress, his wife, or by a gracious man. The bleating of a Billy goat or a ram in a dream means happiness and prosperity. The neighing of horses in a dream means receiving guidance from a noble person, or it could represent a courageous soldier. The braying of a donkey in a dream means hideousness, or the ugly character of a despicable enemy. The braying of a mule in a dream means a hardship which is combined with a difficult person, or it could mean vain talk, or indulging in suspicious acts. The mooing of a calf, a cow, or a steer in a dream means a riot. The gurgling of a camel in a dream represents a blessed journey, a pilgrimage, a successful business trip, or toiling and hardships. The roaring of a lion in a dream represents alarm, esteem, fear, or being threatened by someone in authority. In general, the sound of animals in a dream connotes adversities or fear. The neighing of horses in a dream means an invasion or might. The harking of dogs
in a dream means vain talk, interference in others business, regret, intending to harm others, hostility toward others, or dissonance. The blaring of a leopard in a dream means coquetry, vanity and wantonness. The blaring of a lynx in a dream means a false promise from an unsteady, oft-hesitant, or a greedy person and taking advantage of him. The cooing of pigeons in a dream means lamenting, or having marital intercourse. The chirp of swifts in a dream means good words or an admonition from a wise person. The croaking of frogs in a dream represents the ringing of bells, feeling overjoyed, employment for a teacher, rising to leadership, or it could mean hearing harsh words. The hissing of a snake in a dream means a warning or a fight with someone who hides his enmity. The braying of a donkey in a dream means cursing one's adversaries. The roaring of a lion in a dream means threats or boasts. The yowling of a tomcat in a dream means uproar, backbiting, defamation and insinuations. The squeak of a mouse in a dream means profits, reunion, love and peace, or it could mean harm one could suffer because of an interfering person or a robber. The crying of a female gazelle in a dream means longing for one's homeland. The yapping of foxes in a dream means a warning to escape, to move from one field into another, or it could mean suffering from jealousy, perfidy or lies. The howling of a wolf in a dream means a robbery, or fear of a brutal thief. The barking of a jackal in a dream means a mission of good intent, a forthcoming evil, women's cries for help, or the cry of people who abandoned all hope . The sound of a pig in a dream means taking advantage of a stupid enemy and stripping him of his money. The sound of an ostrich in a dream means hiring a trustworthy and a courageous servant, or bringing a new employee into one's business. Most dream interpreters dislike to interpret the meaning of the sound of peacocks or chicken and note that they mostly mean sorrow and distress, while others interpret the cawing of crows to mean separation or announcing someone's death. However, in dream, any ugly or coarse sound represents sorrow and distress while any pleasant sound in a dream represents happiness and joy. (Also see Invisible caller)
| || |