Holding the Sun Dream Explanation — Holding or grasping the sum and having fullcontrol over it means that the observer of the dream will acquire dominion (or Land) in proportion to the amount he grasps provided the sum is clearly visible and its rays are crystal clear. If the light and rays of the sun are seen shining on someone the interpretation is the same as above.
Training or Holding a Dog Dream Explanation — Training or holding a dog so as to safeguard a certain thing means he will be helped by someone in attaining his goal. In this case the dog does not symbolise an enemy.
Incident - holding a Water-Bird, trying to Slaughter it with a knife Dream Explanation — It is related that a person vevealed his dream to the Imaam saying that he had seen himself holding a water-bird, trying to slaughter it with a knife thrice. Each time the bird managed to struggle itself loose. The for the time he succeeded. To this Imaam said: “You have seen a good dream. This is a virgin woman whom you wished to bring under your control thrice but without success. You succeeded the forth time”: He said: “My Lord, you have spoken the truth.
Incident - holding a Water-Bird, trying to Slaughter it with a knife Dream Explanation — Tonight will be the fifth nigh.” The Imaam smiled and after a little while said: “Come near me. One more thing remains to be told”. The man drew closer and asked: “What remains to be told, my Lord?” He said: “The girl let loose wind aloud as well”. He said: “Yes, you have spoken the truth.” He felt ashamed and departed.
Clapping hands Dream Explanation — In a dream, clapping hands represents pagan customs. If one hears hands clapping, or if he claps his hands in a dream, it may indicate an illness or it could represent a vacant house or a ghost town.
Hands clapping Dream Explanation — (See Clapping hands)
Powerful Hands Dream Explanation — Powerful hands symbolise the wielding of great power.
Abdullah bin Salam Holding Onto Islam Till Death Dream Explanation — Narrated 'Abdullah bin Salam: (In a dream) I saw myself in a garden, and there was a pillar in the middle of the garden, and there was a handhold at the top of the pillar. I was asked to climb it. I said, "I cannot." Then a servant came and lifted up my clothes and I climbed (the pillar), and then got hold of the handhold, and I woke up while still holding it. I narrated that to the Prophet Muhammad (Sallallaahu-Alayhi-wasallam) who said, "The garden symbolizes the garden of Islam, and the handhold is the firm Islamic handhold which indicates that you will be adhering firmly to Islam until you die." (Bukhari)
Interlocking one's hands Dream Explanation — (Intertwine) In a dream, interlocking one's hands means a partnership, a contract, marriage, stagnation, stillness of business, delinquency in one's prayers, negligence of one's duties, difficulties with one's family, or a meeting that purports evil.
A Snake with Hands and feet Dream Explanation — His enemy is powerful with great resources at his disposal.
Incident - Amputated Hands Dream Explanation — A man said to Imam Ibn Sirin: "I saw my hand cut off in a dream." Imam Ibn Sirin replied: 'You have the habit of making false oaths." The man obliged and repented from his wrongdoing.
Incident - Hands being bounded by a black rope Dream Explanation — A person narrated the following dream to Ibn Sirin : “I saw in the dream that my son bounded my hands behind my back with a black rope. Tell me what does this mean.” The Imaam said:” Congratulations to you. You are in debt and your son will relieve you of this burden very shortly. Moreover, he will also relieve you of your burden of having to earn a livelihood and incurring further debts. For, blackness suggests affluence and sufficiency”. The person thanked the Imaam saying: “My master, you have spoken the truth”.
Vessel Dream Explanation — • Being in a ship at the bottom of the sea: The dreamer will be in the hands of the people he fears most, and his eventual death will come as a relief for him.
• A ship being shattered and seeing its wreck and planks floating here and there: A tragedy will befall those whom the dreamer cherishes most. Holding an oar: The dreamer will acquire knowledge or obtain money from a thorny individual.
• Holding the ship’s ropes: The dreamer is religious and will befriend pious and virtuous persons in view of the Quranic verse: “And hold fast, all of you together, to the cable of Allah …” (“Al-Imran” [The Imran Family], verse 103.)
Palm Dream Explanation — (Hand) In a dream, the palm of one's hand represents one's fitness in wakefulness. Clapping one's hands in a dream could either mean joy and happiness, or it could mean nothing in wakefulness. Carrying a glove in one's hand in a dream means ceasing the course of wrongdoing. Slapping one's own face with both hands means sorrow, sadness, or calamities. Hitting the top of one's hand into the palm of the other hand means separation. In a dream, the palm of one's hand also represents one's strength. To stretch open one's palm in a dream signifies wealth and prosperity. Holding a tight fist in a dream implies poverty, or tight living conditions.
Handshake Dream Explanation — • Shaking hands with and embracing an enemy: Cordiality will replace hostility, as the Holy Prophet said that handshaking increases cordiality.
• An enemy coming to shake hands or greet the dreamer: He is seeking reconciliation.
• Shaking hands with someone with whom there is no hostility: The dreamer will come to his rescue. In case there is a feud, the latter will win over.
• Shaking hands with a sheikh or old man the dreamer knows: The dreamer will marry or make love to a beautiful woman and eat all sorts of fruits, in view of a verse in the Holy Quran: “They and their wives, in pleasant shade, on thrones reclining; theirs the fruits and theirs (all) that they ask….” (“Ya-Sin,” verses 55–57.)
Papers Dream Explanation — (Books; Credentials; Letter; Newspaper; Records; Revelations; Scrolls; Studies) Papers in a dream represent witnesses, guidance, spiritual leaders, knowledge, warnings, or glad tidings. Holding papers in a dream means glad tidings and celebration. If a woman hands someone a piece of paper in a dream, then one may expect good news to arrive from one moment to another. If the woman who hands him the paper covers herself with a veil in the dream, it means that he should be careful. Carrying a folded piece of paper in a dream means that one may have an accident that could be the cause of his death. If one sees himself carrying a paper in his left hand in a dream, it means that he regrets something he did. Writing a paper with the left hand in a dream means writing poem, or committing abominable actions, or that one will beget a son from adultery.
Ship Dream Explanation — If one's ship is drowning, and if another ship comes to its rescue in the dream, it means that one will escape from a great danger to fall into the hands of a strong person, or that he will escape from a danger, though should he disobey its captain and abandon the second ship in his dream, it means that he may disobey his leader and go astray. Recovering one's ship from the deep in a dream means regaining power. If the ship in one's dream is interpreted as power, it means that he will lose his power or authority. If the ship is interpreted as burdens and difficulties, it means that he will overcome them through prayers or giving charity, or taking a medicine if he is ill. If one's ship drown, and if he sees himself floating in the water holding to a panel or debris from the ship in the dream, it means that he will face the wrath of someone in authority. If he is holding a leadership position, it means that he may lose it. If he is a merchant, it means that he may go bankrupt.
Handshake Dream Explanation — • Shaking hands with an unidentified sheikh or old man: The dreamer will be secure from God’s torture.
• A young man shaking hands with the dreamer: The dreamer will be immune from the enemies harm.
• A man whom the dreamer approaches to betroth his daughter shaking hands enthusiastically with the dreamer: The man will consent. The reverse is also true.
• A business relation returning the dreamer’s greetings and giving a firm handshake: Business will flourish.
Hand Dream Explanation — • Walking on one’s hands: The dreamer relies on his relatives in certain matters.
• Seeing with one’s hands as if they were eyes: You are frolicking or molesting prohibited relatives too often.
• f The dreamer’s right hand telling him some good words: The quality of life will improve.
• The dreamer’s left hand telling him something good: Relatives will show their gratitude.
• One or both hands blaming the dreamer: Wrongdoings on the dreamer’s part.
• The right hand made of gold (the word for gold in Arabic is thahab, meaning “gone”): The dreamer’s partner or wife will die.
Dye Dream Explanation — • A man dying his fingers with henna: He is using the rosary very often.
• A man dreaming that both hands are dyed with henna: He is outspoken and shows all that he has on his mind or in his hands, be it good or bad. If the hands are tattooed with henna, he will trick his family into selling some furniture to cover a deficit to avoid humiliation and his enemy’s jubilation.
• A man seeing ugly dye on his palm: Hardships should be anticipated.
• A man seeing ugly dye on his right hand: He will kill somebody.
• A man seeing himself dyed or tattooed with gold: He will try to swindle somebody, but will fail and lose his own money and means of living.