Golden calf Dream Explanation — Seeing a golden calf in a dream means pursuing the path of greed, or disobedience or celebrating falsehood.
Golden cage Dream Explanation — (See Marriage)
Golden oriole Dream Explanation — (See Oriole)
Lion Dream Explanation — • Riding on a lion’s back: Will ride on a high tide, either by travelling by sea in the inappropriate season when the sea is in fury or by succeeding or outsmarting the ruler. The dreamer might also be facing a situation wherein he stands helpless, hence the wishful dream.
• Riding on a subdued or perfectly obedient lion: Will have the upper hand in a feud with a tyrant.
• Riding on a lion but being afraid of it: Harm will befall the dreamer, or he will face some hard test.
• Fighting a lion: Will fight an enemy, a ruler, the authority, or whatever the lion stands for.
• Killing a lion: The end of all sorrows.
• Being overpowered by a lion: Will have a fever because, says Ibn Siren, the lion is known to be feverish.
Lion Dream Explanation — • Escaping from a lion without the latter running after the dreamer to catch him: Will evade an imminent danger.
• Eating lion meat or drinking lioness milk: Will get money from a ruler and triumph over one’s enemy.
• Eating lioness meat: Will wield tremendous power or become a great king.
• Cutting off a lion’s head: Will become a king or have a fantastic influence.
• Lion skin: The enemy’s money.
• Herding lions: Will befriend kings and terrible personalities.
• Mixing or having intercourse with a lion: Will be secure from the enemy’s evil and hostility will cease, to be replaced by a lasting friendship.
• Turning into a lion: Will become unjust inasmuch as the lion appeared ferocious.
Lion Dream Explanation — • Seeing a lion entering a house where a person is ill: The patient will die.
• A lion intruding in one’s house: Hardship on the part of the chief. If the beast suddenly devours the dreamer, he will be the victim of an injustice, his money will be stolen, or he will be beaten or killed at the hands of the ruler, especially if he dreamed that his soul had left his body or that his head had been cut off.
• Receiving a lion and seeing it in one’s place without bothering with it: Will be scared to death by the sultan, but no real harm will occur.
• A lion entering the city: A plague, hardships, a tyrant, or an enemy.
• A lion entering the mosque and standing at the minbar or podium: A tyrant will emerge and will terrorize and harm people.
Lion Dream Explanation — Sleeping beside a lion in a dream means safety from illness, or protection from one's enemy. If one sees a lion inside his own house in a dream, it means that he will gain the upper hand, or it could represent longevity and a high position in the world. A lion entering a town in a dream means a plague that will strike such a town. (Also see Lioness)
Lion Dream Explanation — (A tyrant; An unjust ruler; Death; Healing from a sickness; Receiving an inheritance) A lioness in a dream represents ignorance, pride, affectation and perfidy. Seeing a lion without being seen, means escape from harm one may fear, attaining knowledge and growing in wisdom. A struggle with a lion that does not lead to one's death in a dream means observing a long lasting diet caused by an illness. If one fights with a lion and eats or snatches off a piece of his flesh, bones or hair in a dream, it means that he will attain success, leadership, wealth or conquer his enemy.
Lion Dream Explanation — The lion is a ruler, a tyrant, or a powerful and very dangerous person, in view of the ferocity and devastating anger of that animal. It also symbolizes the warrior, the swindler, the thief, the treacherous worker, the policeman, the insatiable enemy, and perhaps hardships and death, because he who stares at it turns pale, loses his self-control, and is as good as dead, says Ibn Siren. Furthermore, it represents the ruler who embezzles public funds and commits injustice and the lurking enemy. The lioness symbolizes the daughter of a king. The baby lion (lion’s whelp or cub) is a boy. A man told Ibn Siren, “I dreamed that I was embracing and nursing a baby lion.” When the great seer looked at him, saw his humble appearance and miserable garments, and understood that he could not be eligible for any honour, he said, “What could you possibly have to do with the children of princes?!” and he added, “Is your wife, by chance, breast-feeding the son of a prince?” “Yes,” was the reply.
A She-Lion Dream Explanation — Eating or acquiring the head of a she-lion means the acquiring of vast lands and estates.
Lion Dream Explanation — It symbolises a powerful and strong enemy. Fighting with a lion means one will soon fight an enemy that is strong and powerful.
Riding a Lion Dream Explanation — Riding a lion and directing it to go wherever one pleases means one will soon be endowed with power and one's enemy will soon be subdued.
Facing a Lion Dream Explanation — Facing or encountering a lion without becoming embroiled in a fight means a person will soon be terrorized by an authority or a powerful man. But no harm will come to him.
The Skin of the Lion Dream Explanation — It symbolises the estates and inheritance of some brave, dignified and powerful person.
Eating Lion Meat Dream Explanation — The one who eats the meat will receive riches from some authority or a powerful person.
Gold Dream Explanation — In a dream, gold is a disliked element which cause damages, anxiety and losses. Wearing a golden bracelet in a dream means receiving an inheritance. Wearing a golden ornament in a dream means marriage to an incompatible person. Any wedding gift one receives from such a person means trouble. Receiving a golden bar in a dream means losing money or business. If one sees himself melting a bar of gold in a dream, it means that he will be persecuted for committing a loathsome act and he will become the talk of the town.
Crown Dream Explanation — If the crown is made of gold in the dream, it means that she will marry an old man whom she will shortly inherit. If an unjust ruler sees himself wearing a golden crown in a dream, it means that he will lose his eyesight, while if he sees himself wearing a golden crown inlaid with gems in the dream, it means establishing trading interests with a foreign country. If a woman's crown is stolen in a dream, it means the death of her husband. (Also see Turban)
Gold Dream Explanation — • For women, bracelets and anklets refer to the husband. Jewels symbolize their children. Gold is the male child and silver the girls. Unmanufactured gold is worse than gold made into jewels, because in the latter case its ugly name, thahab (gone), is changed into bangle or something else.
• Wearing a pendant or necklace: Will be entrusted with some high function or given a country or city to rule.
• A man wearing a pendent partly made of gold: Will perform the pilgrimage to Mecca (Mecca (Makkah)). If the pendent is completely made of gold, he will become a ruler or a chief. In general, the pendent symbolizes man’s power and value. The longer and the heavier the better.
• A man wearing a golden earring: He is a good singer.
• Receiving a golden ring, a typical ring: Weakening religious faith, unless something is carved on it.
• Receiving a golden ring that does not look like a ring and with nothing carved on it: Will lose some belonging or will arouse the chief’s wrath and anger.
Wool Dream Explanation — Wool symbolizes plenty of money, like any woollen, hairy, cotton, or linen clothes.
• Sleeping on wool: Will obtain money from a woman or through her.
• Wool burning: Corrupt religious faith and possible bankruptcy.
• A scholar wearing wool: Will become ascetic.
• A dog wearing wool: A mean person is receiving money from an honest man.
• A lion wearing wool: The ruler promotes justice and equity.
• A lion wearing cotton or linen clothes: The ruler is a tyrant who despoils people of their money and abuses their women.
Lioncloth Dream Explanation — (See Blanket; Lion)