Gold Dream Explanation
— Contrary to what many people might think, gold
was not a good dream for the ancient Arabs. They resented the word itself, thahab, which in their language meant “gone,” the same as they disliked the yellow color, which was associated in their mind with the yellow, untruthful, or rather poisonous smile and with the notion of pallor. Gold
is a particularly bad omen for men but a good dream for women if they wear it. For men it is a harbinger of losses, fines, hatred, disease, and other calamities. Gold dinars (coins) are the least harmful, because Daniel the Wise was reported as saying that having more than four dinars in one’s hand meant the dreamer would be hated and hear bad things commensurate with the number of coins. If the number of coins is known, worries will be minor. According to Ibn Siren, having one dinar of medium size is a reference to a nice and cozy house, five dinars means that the subject would do something acceptable, and an even number of dinars between one hundred and one thousand means that the dreamer will become a specialist in conducting tests. Giving a dinar to somebody means one will lose part of one’s knowledge. Anyhow, contradictory views exist about the metal.
• Seeing gold: Sorrow and forced expenditure.
• Seeing gold
covered with mud or hidden somewhere or somehow, though you know where it is: Failure.
• Perceiving gold
as stored somewhere or placed in bags without seeing its color: Good dream; should expect gains, provided you are a pious person.
• Wearing gold
, in general: Will enter into a marital relationship with people of a lower standard.
• Wearing a gold
bracelet or bangle: Will inherit.
• Wearing two gold
bracelets or bangles: Troubles are ahead by your own making, as for men gold
, especially in the form of bracelets, is usually a bad omen or a reference to liars, as reportedly stated by the Holy Prophet. But for a virtuous person the same dream could mean more obedience to God and greater prosperity, in view of a verse in the Holy Quran that reads: “… therein they will be given armlets of gold
and will wear green robes of finest silk and gold
embroidery.” (“Surat Al-Kahf” [The Cave], verse 31.) The same dream could also mean gains achieved with hardships.
• Wearing a golden or silver anklet: Will experience fear or go to jail. In any case, anklets, for men, symbolize chains, and all sorts of jewels and ornaments for them are bad, save the pendent, the necklace, the ring, and the earring.
• For women, bracelets and anklets refer to the husband. Jewels symbolize their children. Gold
is the male child and silver the girls. Unmanufactured gold
is worse than gold
made into jewels, because in the latter case its ugly name, thahab (gone), is changed into bangle or something else.
• Wearing a pendant or necklace: Will be entrusted with some high function or given a country or city to rule.
• A man wearing a pendent partly made of gold: Will perform the pilgrimage to Mecca (Mecca (Makkah)). If the pendent is completely made of gold
, he will become a ruler or a chief. In general, the pendent symbolizes man’s power and value. The longer and the heavier the better.
• A man wearing a golden earring: He is a good singer.
• Receiving a golden ring, a typical ring: Weakening religious faith, unless something is carved on it.
• Receiving a golden ring that does not look like a ring and with nothing carved on it: Will lose some belonging or will arouse the chief’s wrath and anger.
• Finding a gold
ingot or gold
bar: Will lose one’s money or encounter trouble commensurate with the size or number of gold
bars. Otherwise, the dreamer will be forced by the ruler or his chief to do something against his will or will pay a fine.
• Melting gold: Will be involved in a scandal and become the talk of the town.
• Seeing one’s house made of or plated with gold: The house will burn.
• Manufacturing gold
bars: Evil will befall the dreamer, and he will be destroyed.
• Seeing one’s hands made of gold: The hands will be paralyzed.
• Seeing one’s eyes made of gold: Will become blind. For others, seeing gold: (1) Joys and/or marriage ceremonies. (2) Welfare. (3) Good deeds. (4) Husbands. (5) Children. (6) Knowledge and wisdom. (7) Jewelry and ornaments.
• Giving away a big piece of gold: Will become a ruler or authority will be enhanced.
• Finding broken gold
or solid gold
coins: Will meet the ruler and return safe and sound.
turning into silver: Decaying situation in terms of women, money, children, and servants.
• Silver turing into gold: A change for the better.
• Clothes for the upper part of the body ornamented with gold
, such as lady’s masks, veils, et cetera: She who wears them will come closer to God. But if she just owns them, she will undergo a bitter experience. God will test her mettle.
• Pure gold (or silver) symbolizes candid intentions, truthfulness, and the fulfilment of promises.
• Conversely, anything plated with gold: Imitation and falsehood.
• Plated gold
or silver sheets: Short-lived actions, upheavals, absent-mindedness, and forgetfulness.
• Spun gold (or silver): Continuous welfare.
• Seeing a trader of spun gold: (1) Joys and/or marriage ceremonies. (2) A reference to those who combine virtue and vice. Other interpreters believe that plenty of gold
is a reference to wealth. Little of it is a loss of such wealth.
• Finding gold
or taking it from someone: An excellent dream. It means that whoever you love is faithful and that your projects will be successful, provided the gold
is clean and glittering. It also means that you will surmount difficulties.
• Having lost some gold
and looking for it: You have trusted unworthy persons.
• Wearing a golden ring: Marriage or success in one’s endeavours, no matter whether the ring was in your or somebody else’s hand.
• Eating gold: Will store wealth for one’s children.
Bars of Gold Dream Explanation
— Seeing bars of gold
or crockery made from gold
means losing some of a perbond wealth or the king or governor becoming unhappy or disillusioned with him.
A Gold Ring Dream Explanation
— It symbolises unlawful and haraam wealth and clothing.
Gold Coins Dream Explanation
— If the origin and quantity is unknown and they are more than four, its interpretation is somewhat unpleasant. It represents grief and sorrow which he will experience. Receiving any of these means his reputation will be harmed. This, in turn will lead to a dispute or quarrel. But if their quantity is known the matter will be less serious and it will be settled in due course.
Smelting Gold, Silver Etc. Dream Explanation
— If a person sees himself in the act of melting gold
, silver, iron or lead and casting any of them into any form such as coins, it means he will become the subject of people's slandering and backbiting.
A Gold Coin without any Imprint Dream Explanation
— If this seen in his dream a son will be born in his house.
A Single Gold Coin or Coins up to Four Dream Explanation
— They represent his children whose numbers depend on the numbers he had seen.
A Silver or Gold Necklace Studded with Jewels Dream Explanation
— Seeing the above in the dream means that a person will be made to guard some trust. At times jewels, if mined and their quantity is not known, mean fortunes from which a person will derive much benefit.
Dry Grass Dream Explanation
— Dry grass serves as a harbinger for receiving gold
in the near future, Ibn Sirin (RA) used to refer to grass as pure gold
. One, when he was presented with a camel load of dry grass, he looked at it for a long time, then said: “I wish I had seen this in my dream!”, for then he would have received gold
Officiant Dream Explanation
— (Wedding) An officiant in a dream means a wedding
, a divorce, or he could represent a pimp, depending on the mental condition, or the type of work one who is seeing the dream performs. (See Saddler)
Combine Dream Explanation
— Combining or matching coordinates such as pearls with gold
, amber with gold
, gems and pearls in a dream means benefiting others with one's knowledge, counsel, good conduct or professional opinions.
Caterer Dream Explanation
— A caterer in a dream represents celebrations or a wedding
. A commercial caterer in a dream represents someone who deters benefits. Pastry caterer in a dream represents a man of knowledge, or he could mean profits. A travel caterer in a dream represents migration from one's homeland or changes in one's living conditions. Seeing a caterer in a dream is a good sign for someone who desires to get married. Seeing a hospital's caterer in a dream does not convey the best of meanings. A caterer in a dream also represents someone who encourages people to work and seek an honest livelihood. To see oneself catering a dinner for his own house in a dream represents a wedding
Bride Dream Explanation
— If one sees a bride on her wedding
day, dressed in her beautiful robe, looking beautiful and adorned with flower in a dream, it means wealth in this world. If one sees himself as a bridegroom and could not see his bride or recognize her in the dream, or if she is not named or attributed to him in the dream, it means his death or that he may commit a murder. If one recognizes his bride, looks at her, and if she is named in the dream, it means that he will marry the same woman. If one sees himself getting married in a dream, it means that he will gain power equal to the position of that woman, her role, danger, her family's status, the meaning of her name, and her beauty. (Also see Star; Wedding)