| |Armpit Dream Explanation
— (See Odor)
Odor Dream Explanation
— Smelling a bad odor in a dream means hearing bad words, or it could mean distress. Smelling odor that emanates from under the armpit
in a dream means headache, nasal congestions, cold, or hearing bad news, divulging secrets, dispelling rancor and jealousy, or it could mean relaxing after an exhausting workday, contracting an eye disease, or it could mean loathsomeness. If a child smells such an odor from under his armpit
in his dream, it means that he has reached his puberty, or it could mean an illness or an accident that could take away his life. (Also see Cloud of smoke; Perspiration; Smell)
Hair Of The Body Dream Explanation
— • Hair growing on a man’s body: His wife will get pregnant.
• A troubled person dreaming of having too much hair on his body: Will have even more trouble.
• A happy person dreaming of having a very hairy body: More happiness and wealth. The reverse is also true.
• Having hair on both arms: Debts.
• Hair on the palm: Debts and sorrow.
• Hair on the back of the hand: Money will go.
• More hair on the body of a rich person: More money.
• Excessive hair on the body of a poor man: A debt will complicate matters even further.
• A rich person removing the hair of his body: Will be despoiled of his money.
• A poor person removing the hair of his body: Will settle his debts by toiling, persevering, and asking.
• A rich person dreaming that the hair of his body has turned white: Will lose his money and risk total annihilation.
• A poor person dreaming that the hair of his body has whitened: Will be able to pay back his debts.
• Having the hair of an animal or a lion on one’s body: Hardships are ahead. The length of the armpit
hair means that the dreamer’s wishes will be fulfilled. That hair is also an indicator of the person’s quality and generosity.
• Having plenty of hair under the armpit: The dreamer is a shrewd businessman, not necessarily a gentle, noble, or religious one.
• Having plenty of lice in the armpit
hair: Many children.
Hunting Wild Animals that are Females Dream Explanation
— they represent men, women and slave-girls.
Potter Dream Explanation
— In a dream, a potter represents someone who handles pots and pitchers, or he could represent a servant, a housekeeper, women, girls
or daughters. Seeing a potter in a dream also means pride about one's lineage, wealth, or beauty.
Sweat Dream Explanation
— Sweating means harm. According to Abu Said Al-Waez:
• Wiping one’s sweat: Wishes will be fulfilled.
• A ruler dreaming of stinking perspiration from under the armpit: Will overspend and earn a bad reputation.
• A commoner dreaming of stinking perspiration: Will commit adultery. According to Ibn Siren, sweat means financial losses, especially if it flows on the ground.
• One’s clothes being wet with sweat: Will save money for children as much as there was sweat.
• Sweat with a nice smell: Blessed money. For Al-Kirmani, sweating means: (1) Things will go through. (2) If ill, will recover. Other interpreters are of the view that sweat symbolizes shame or fatigue.
Perspiration Dream Explanation
— (Offensive odor; Sweat) In a dream, perspiration means recovering from an illness, or it could represent the stench of death. As for a healthy person, perspiration means work, or a service followed by a wretched life. Perspiration in a dream also represents the common adversities in one's life. If one sees himself sweating profusely in a dream, it means that he will fulfill his goals, or satisfy his needs. Perspiration under one's armpit
that produces an offensive odor in a dream represents an ailment or a plague. As for a governor, a merchant, or a tradesman, such a stench in a dream means hoarding money in an ugly way. Perspiration in a dream also means losing money, paying taxes, or toiling. (Also see Odor; Smell)
Goat Dream Explanation
— A goat in a dream means prosperity, richness, a servant, associating with a cheap woman or a prostitute. A fat goat in a dream represents entertaining girls
, or it could mean orphans. If one brings a goat into his house in a dream, it means that he is inviting poverty into his life. (Also see Billy goat; Bullfight)
Sacking needle Dream Explanation
— (Needle; Upholsterer's needle) A sacking needle in a dream represents a woman, because of its threading hole. Holding a sacking needle in a dream means travels, or if one's wife is pregnant, it means that she will beget twin girls
Buying or Selling a Slave Dream Explanation
— Selling a slave means he will find relief from his grief and sorrows. Buying him means he will be afflicted with grief and sorrow. It is said that buying a slave girls
is better than selling her.
Testicles Dream Explanation
— According to Al-Nabuls, the testicles are the center of pleasure and the organs responsible for hair growth. The left one, in particular, is where male children come from. They may also symbolize movement; endeavours; what a person lays his head on to sleep, like pillows; or certain pairs such as husband and wife, twin children, two trades, two chamberlains guarding a door, et cetera, especially female couples, like two sisters, two girls
, two wives, and a mother and her sister. Whatever happens to the testicles in the dream will befall those persons. If the testicles are severed, for instance, the dreamer’s two wives will die or he will divorce them. If he knows of two female patients, they will pass away, and so on and so forth. Other possibilities include an allusion to money, the purse, parity and equity, and the persons without whose consent a marriage cannot take place. One testicle could be a reference to a steelyard.
• Seeing one’s testicles inflated and stronger than they really are: (1) Will be protected from any harm. (2) Will have many girls
• Seeing one’s testicles having been cut or destroyed: (1) An amount of money is due by the dreamer, of which two thousand, two hundred, or simply two currency units are missing. (2) Will be deprived of God’s blessings, have no more children, and face hard times. (3) Will divorce. (4) Will betray one’s country for personal benefits. (5) Will lose one’s children. (6) Will lose one’s purse or money altogether. (7) Will lose the consent of the bride’s sponsors. (8) Will lose one’s family or other relatives. (9) Will no longer be decent. (10) Will contract a skin disease, in particular; alopecia (loss of hair), commonly called fox’s evil; or leontiasis leprosy, known as lion’s evil.
• A dreamer seeing his testicles being cut off or infected with a disease: (1) His foes will have the upper hand inasmuch as the situation looked bad. (2) No more girls
will be born to him. He will only produce boys. (3) Will receive compensation and damage for a life taken away.51
• Seeing one’s testicles in enemy hands: The enemies will reach the dreamer inasmuch as they are in control of his pair of vital organs.
• Seeing one’s left testicle having been snatched: The dreamer’s son will die, and he will have no more boys.
• Willingly giving away the left testicle to somebody: An illegitimate boy will be born to the dreamer and will bear someone else’s name.
• Contracting a hydrocele (swelling of the scrotum around the testicle): (1) Will make gains and give them away to the enemies. (2) Will lose something.
• A woman dreaming that she has a pair of testicles: Might get twins.
• Seeing one’s testicles having been severed, though the penis is still there: Will have no more daughters.
Dawn Dream Explanation
— The first appearance of daylight in a dream represents the birth of girls
or their marriage. Seeing the dawn in a dream also may signify remembrance of Allah Almighty and reading of the Quran. Seeing the dawn in a dream also means walking into the light of guidance. It also means happiness and continuous joy. If one loses something in the night then finds it at dawn in a dream, it means that his opponent denies something he unjustly took from him, then a witness arrives to testify for one's benefit and to help him recuperate his property.
Hand Dream Explanation
— The hand is the person’s main helper with which he earns his livelihood and which he extends for charity. Strong and healthy hands represent the ability to give and take properly. The right hand symbolizes strong men, the left women. Having long hands means: (1) For a ruler: Glory. (2) For a merchant: Profit. (3) For a businessman: Shrewdness. The length of the hands of the imam (the Muslims spiritual leader) refers to the strength of his supporters and aides as well as his long life. If he can see their bones, it means that his wealth will increase. If they turn into marble, he will live long and always be happy.
• Losing a hand: Will lose a relative who will either travel or die.
• Placing a hand under one’s armpit
and withdrawing it to see it gleaming: (1) If a scholar, will acquire knowledge. (2) If a businessman, will make gains.
• Placing a hand under the armpit
and withdrawing it to find fire in it: Will overpower or outclass all rivals and enjoy dignity and honour.
• Putting a hand under the armpit
and drawing it back to find water in it: Will have money.
• Having an extra hand: (1) More influence and strength. (2) Will have a brother. (3) Will have a child.
• Being left-handed: Difficulties are ahead. (The word for left-handed in Arabic, Aasar, comes from ’osr, meaning “difficulty.)
• Doing something with the left hand: Will get what you want but late.
• Stretching both hands: Extreme generosity, magnanimity.
• Walking on one’s hands: The dreamer relies on his relatives in certain matters.
• Seeing with one’s hands as if they were eyes: You are frolicking or molesting prohibited relatives too often.
• f The dreamer’s right hand telling him some good words: The quality of life will improve.
• The dreamer’s left hand telling him something good: Relatives will show their gratitude.
• One or both hands blaming the dreamer: Wrongdoings on the dreamer’s part.
• The right hand made of gold (the word for gold in Arabic is thahab, meaning “gone”): The dreamer’s partner or wife will die.
• One’s hands becoming those of a sultan: Will wield power and influence and behave like that sultan, be he fair or unfair.
• An ailment in the hand: Brothers are facing difficulties.
• Being handless: Will demand money, which will come.
• Shaking hands with a Muslim who withdraws his hand: You will entrust him with something, but he will fail you.
• The hand being severed: (1) The dreamer will give up something he was doing or resign his job. (2) The dreamer will change profession. (3) The dreamer will somehow part from a friend or an associate.
• The hand being severed by a known person: (1) The dreamer will obtain five thousand currency notes or coins from that person. (2) That person will help the dreamer refrain from something bad he is doing.
• The hand being severed from the palm: Money will come to you.
• The hand being cut off at the wrist: The dreamer will fall victim to the tyranny of a ruler.
• The hand being severed from the upper arm: (1) A brother will die. (2) Fortune will decrease.
• Seeing one’s hand remaining cut off: The dreamer swears too often.
• The right hand being severed: The dreamer is a thief.
• Seeing your right hand severed and placed in front of you: Will achieve financial gains.
• The left hand being severed: (1) Death of a brother or a sister. (2) Repudiation between the dreamer and the brother or sister. (3) A halt in sustaining parents or in-laws. (4) The end of a partnership. (5) Divorce.
• The ruler cutting the hands and feet of his subjects: He is seizing their money and spoiling their livelihood.
• The ruler cutting the dreamer’s right hand: The dreamer will lie while taking the oath or swearing.
• The dreamer’s hand being cut at the ruler’s gate: The dreamer will part with his possessions.
• The hands and feet being cut off from behind: The dreamer is extremely corrupt or will rebel against the ruler.
• Hands shrinking: Reduced power and fewer supporters.
• Having short hands: (1) Chances have been or will be missed. (2) The dreamer is impotent. (3) The dreamer will be disappointed by brothers or assistants.
• The right hand longer than the left: The dreamer is good to his parents, other relatives, and even strangers.
• Paralysis of the hands: The dreamer will commit a great sin.
• Paralysis of the right hand: The dreamer will beat an innocent man and commit an injustice vis-a-vis a weak person.
• Having a twisted hand: The dreamer is either avoiding sins or committing a great sin, for which he will be punished severely by God.
Kite Dream Explanation
— (Small hawk) In a dream, a kite means an insouciant or a languorous ruler who is audacious, defiled and stout hearted. If one catches and trains a wild kite to hunt for him and he finds that it is not obeying him or holding fast to his wrist in a dream, it means that he will bear a son who will become a ruler. Otherwise, if the kite flies away from his wrist in the dream, it means that the fetus may die before birth. Its chicks represent boys and girls
banding at wrongdoing. A kite in a dream also represents an adulterous wife and a secret affair. (See Introduction)
Piercing a hole Dream Explanation
— (Boring) Piercing a hole in a dream means deception. Piercing a hole in a stone in a dream means investigating someone in authority. Piercing a hole in the wall of a citadel in a dream means being obsessed with virgin girls
and desiring to deflower them. Piercing in a dream also means spying, pursuing someone's tracks, desecrating one's earnings by bringing unlawful money into them, or it could mean deterioration in the conduct of one's children. Digging an underground tunnel in a city in a dream means searching for someone. Digging an underground tunnel to reach the inside of a house in a dream means trying to court a woman, exerting an irresistible influence on her, then luring her to deceive her. (Also see Tunnel)
Grill Dream Explanation
— • The one who grills meat: (1) A tutor or educator of young princes, free children, and young girls
or female slaves. He teaches them a profession or a craft. (2) A surgeon. (3) A troublemaker and an antagonist. (4) A torturer using wooden, iron, and other infernal devices. (5) A looter. (6) One who takes people’s lives. (7) The one who captures girls
and women as war booty.
• Going to the cook of grilled meat to buy a well-done steak or the like: The dreamer will hand over his son to a tutor to teach and educate him.
• Buying grilled meat for a sum of money: Will hire a boy or a girl brought up by a man of letters or a shrewd merchant, who will obey and act according to the dreamer’s will.
• Seeing an expert grilling veal: (1) Marriage of a bachelor. (2) Marriage ceremony. (3) New children.
• Seeing oneself grilling meat and selling it: Will collect money for the ruler through injustice and confiscation.
• Grilled meat: (1) A hint about what the future holds. (2) Coming relief. (3) Earnings and prosperity, even if it is poultry meat or sausages. (4) Triumph over enemies. (5) Will have more male children, especially if it was grilled veal. (6) A fat grilled mutton: Less money and earnings the hard way. (8) Eating grilled mutton: The dreamer will nibble at his son’s earnings. (9) Eating underdone meat: Trouble from the son’s side. (10) Grilling cow meat: (a) The end of fear. (b) If the wife is pregnant, she should expect a son. (11) Eating beef: Will meet the ruler. (12) Eating grilled veal: Earnings and fertility. (13) Eating grilled kid (baby goat): Will have a male child. (14) Grilled camel meat: (a) Fear will disappear. (b) A reference to a boy versed in literature and overcoming all obstacles. (c) If the meat is underdone, the boy will not be smart at his job. (d) Joy and prosperity. (e) The marriage of a bachelor. (f) Harmony and love. (g) The return of a traveller. (h) The cutting of one’s bread (end of livelihood). (i) Prison. (j) Complications. (k) The splitting up of families. (l) Fevers. (15) Seeing a grilled part of a camel talking to you: A favourable turn of events and escape from peril.
• Grilled poultry: Money obtained from a woman without treachery or wickedness. But if the meat was not well done, the dreamer will speak ill of her in her absence and be unfair.
• Any poultry, be it grilled or fried: Honest but hard gains.
• Dreaming of something which the dreamer knows is burnt in real life: Benefits through injustice.
• A grilled flank: Symbolizes women (because Eve is said to have been created from Adam’s rib). It follows that the side stretching from below the head to half the body is a reference to girls
and female slaves. The lower part is an allusion to boys.
• Eating a grilled side: Burdens, worries, and sorrow.
• A well-done grilled arm: Gains made by cheating on a woman. If it was underdone, it would mean absence.
• Buying a piece of grilled meat: Will hire someone.
• Eating grilled or cooked meat: (1) Gains, the hard way. (2) Fears, worries, and sorrow. (3) Illicit gains.
• A human being getting grilled: That person will be robbed or his life taken.
• Grilling a ram: Will fall sick and be jailed or tortured by the ruler.
• Grilling a ewe: Wife, mother, or any other female relative will be ill.
• Grilling a sheep or a kid (baby goat): Son or slave will contract smallpox or a similar disease.
Egg Dream Explanation
— For medical doctors, gifted persons, and poultry farmers, eggs mean welfare. For the rest, few eggs mean benefits; many eggs means deep worries. Big eggs refer to boys and small ones to girls
. For bachelors, eggs often symbolize marriage. For married people, eggs are the forerunners of childbirth. Eggs also represent hidden things.
• Eggs in a container: Slave or maiden girls
, in view of the Quranic expression “[Pure] as they were hidden eggs [of the ostrich].” (“Al-Saffat” [Those Who Set the Ranks], verse 49.)
• The dreamer’s hen having laid an egg: Will be blessed with a male child.
• Cooked eggs without shells: Blessed gifts and benefits.
• Eating raw eggs: (1) Will accept dirty money. (2) Will be plagued by many worries. (3) Will commit a sin.
• Eating eggshells: The dreamer is a graverobber.
• Dreaming that wife has laid an egg: She will give birth to an atheist, in view of Quranic verses addressed to atheists and comprising examples of God’s might and miracles, such as: “… he bringeth forth the dead from the living” (“Al-Rum” [The Romans], verse 19.)
• Putting an egg under a hen that cracks to give way to chicks: A dead matter will be revived, and a pious son will be born to the dreamer or as many sons as there were chicks, in view of the Quranic expression in the same verse: “He bringeth forth the living from the dead….”
• Placing eggs under a cock, which is hatched to give chicks: A tutor will arrive for the young boys.
• Breaking an egg: Will deflower a virgin. If the dreamer fails to break it, he won’t be able to pierce the hymen.
• A man whose wife is pregnant hitting an egg once: He is ordering his wife to abort.
• Seeing someone else breaking an egg and throwing it back to the dreamer: That man will deflower the dreamer’s daughter.
• Digging an egg out of one’s sleeve: The dreamer will penetrate his nanny or slave and have a girl from her.
• Having plenty of raw eggs: The dreamer’s great wealth is in jeopardy.
• Seeing boiled eggs: The revival of a stalled or dead matter, which will yield quite a lot of money.
• Groping for eggs: Will squander or eat up the money of a woman.
• Eating eggs: Will marry a rich woman.
• A crane egg: A poor boy.
• A parrot egg: A pious maid or a maiden.
• Being given an egg: Will be blessed with an honest son. If the egg was broken, the son would die.
• Shelling cooked eggs: Will obtain money from rulers.
• A bondsman or servant dreaming of receiving a boiled egg from his mistress, shelling it, and eating it: He will bring up her child according to the instructions of her husband, which will provide a source of living for the dreamer.
Gargoyle - Or Roof Gutter Dream Explanation
— The gargoyle symbolizes a companion, sometimes well known; girls—free, slave, or servant—the boys that look after the place; relief, for it brings about relief by draining rainwater's; the messenger; and the honest person who never betrays or fails anyone, but gives everyone his due.
• Seeing gargoyles or drainage facilities but no rainwater therein: Dissension and conspiracies. Every gargoyle alludes to a neck that will be cut.
• Clean water flowing in the drainage facilities: Prosperity and security for the people of the area.
• Troubled or stinking water running in the gargoyles: Ailments and diseases, particularly cold sores, boils, smallpox, and the like.
• Blood flowing in the gargoyles: An enemy will conduct a bloodbath in the area.
• Seeing Meezab Al Rahmah, the Gargoyle of Mercy, in a mosque, a house, or a well-known place should be interpreted as the Zamzam Well (see that name), especially if people benefit from the water flowing from it.
• Standing under Meezab Al Rahmah: Will enjoy God’s mercy, particularly if healthy and pure water pours from it. In case the water was troubled, the reverse would apply.
Foot Dream Explanation
— The foot symbolizes a man’s style and wealth. The toes are his male children, his boys, his servants, and his maids or slaves.
• One’s feet stretching upward or toward the sky till they are detached from the body: Two male children will die.
• Seeing one or many toes taking off to the sky: Some of the dreamer’s boys, maidens, or slave girls
• Having hair on the toes: An overwhelming debt. Excessive hair means that the hero of such a dream will die in prison.
• Committing adultery with one’s foot: The dreamer is in pursuit of illegitimate, unconventional, or perverse sexual practices.
• Having many feet: (1) For a rich person, disease. (2) Will go blind. (3) Will go behind bars where the dreamer cannot walk freely or unaccompanied by a guard.
• A foot turning into stone: The dreamer will lose such a foot.
• Kicking the king or ruler: The dreamer will find in the street a coin with that person’s image on it.
• Stepping on embers or live coal to extinguish it, then withdrawing one’s foot, then stepping again, and so on and so forth: The dreamer is a whimsical person and a fatalist or likes to talk about destiny.
• The big toe having been cut off: (1) The dreamer will resume relations with someone or some folk. (2) The dreamer will lose a source of living.
• The sole of the foot or the foot itself having been severed: Will be maimed.
Ear Dream Explanation
— The ear symbolizes the man’s wife or daughter. It also represents religion.
• Having three ears: The dreamer has a wife and two daughters.
• Having four ears: (1) The dreamer has four women. (2) He has four girls
without a mother.
• Having one ear: No relative will stay alive.
• Having half an ear: Wife will die and the dreamer will remarry.
• One ear having fallen: (1) Will divorce. (2) A daughter will die.
• Wearing an earring: Will marry one’s daughter to someone, and she will give birth to a male child.
• Filling or obstructing one’s ears with something: The dreamer is an atheist.
• Having many ears: (1) The dreamer rejects right and justice. (2) Good dream for a person who wishes to have someone who obeys him, like the wife, the children, and the bondsmen. (3) Bad dream for the underdog, meaning that he will perpetually listen and obey. (4) Will be convicted and hear the sentence. (5) Will triumph over opponents, if any.
• A rich person seeing plenty of beautifully assorted ears: Will hear good news, which will make him feel merry. The reverse is also true.
• Seeing two eyes in one’s ears: Will become blind. The dreamer will hear with his ears what he used to see with his eyes.
• An unidentified old man cutting off the dreamer’s ears: Will have to pay double compensation and damage.
• Severing a man’s ear: (1) The dreamer is betraying that man with his family or child. (2) The dreamer’s prosperity and prestige will wane.
• Dreaming that one’s two ears have been cut: (1) If wife is pregnant, she will die. (2) If the dreamer is a bachelor, a female relative will die.
• Cleaning one’s ear: Will receive good news.
| || |