Armpit Dream Explanation — (See Odor)
Hair Of The Body Dream Explanation — • A poor person removing the hair of his body: Will settle his debts by toiling, persevering, and asking.
• A rich person dreaming that the hair of his body has turned white: Will lose his money and risk total annihilation.
• A poor person dreaming that the hair of his body has whitened: Will be able to pay back his debts.
• Having the hair of an animal or a lion on one’s body: Hardships are ahead. The length of the armpit hair means that the dreamer’s wishes will be fulfilled. That hair is also an indicator of the person’s quality and generosity.
• Having plenty of hair under the armpit: The dreamer is a shrewd businessman, not necessarily a gentle, noble, or religious one.
• Having plenty of lice in the armpit hair: Many children.
Odor Dream Explanation — Smelling a bad odor in a dream means hearing bad words, or it could mean distress. Smelling odor that emanates from under the armpit in a dream means headache, nasal congestions, cold, or hearing bad news, divulging secrets, dispelling rancor and jealousy, or it could mean relaxing after an exhausting workday, contracting an eye disease, or it could mean loathsomeness. If a child smells such an odor from under his armpit in his dream, it means that he has reached his puberty, or it could mean an illness or an accident that could take away his life. (Also see Cloud of smoke; Perspiration; Smell)
Hand Dream Explanation — The hand is the person’s main helper with which he earns his livelihood and which he extends for charity. Strong and healthy hands represent the ability to give and take properly. The right hand symbolizes strong men, the left women. Having long hands means: (1) For a ruler: Glory. (2) For a merchant: Profit. (3) For a businessman: Shrewdness. The length of the hands of the imam (the Muslims spiritual leader) refers to the strength of his supporters and aides as well as his long life. If he can see their bones, it means that his wealth will increase. If they turn into marble, he will live long and always be happy.
• Losing a hand: Will lose a relative who will either travel or die.
• Placing a hand under one’s armpit and withdrawing it to see it gleaming: (1) If a scholar, will acquire knowledge. (2) If a businessman, will make gains.
• Placing a hand under the armpit and withdrawing it to find fire in it: Will overpower or outclass all rivals and enjoy dignity and honour.
Grill Dream Explanation — • The one who grills meat: (1) A tutor or educator of young princes, free children, and young girls or female slaves. He teaches them a profession or a craft. (2) A surgeon. (3) A troublemaker and an antagonist. (4) A torturer using wooden, iron, and other infernal devices. (5) A looter. (6) One who takes people’s lives. (7) The one who captures girls and women as war booty.
• Going to the cook of grilled meat to buy a well-done steak or the like: The dreamer will hand over his son to a tutor to teach and educate him.
• Buying grilled meat for a sum of money: Will hire a boy or a girl brought up by a man of letters or a shrewd merchant, who will obey and act according to the dreamer’s will.
Hunting Wild Animals that are Females Dream Explanation — they represent men, women and slave-girls.
Egg Dream Explanation — For medical doctors, gifted persons, and poultry farmers, eggs mean welfare. For the rest, few eggs mean benefits; many eggs means deep worries. Big eggs refer to boys and small ones to girls. For bachelors, eggs often symbolize marriage. For married people, eggs are the forerunners of childbirth. Eggs also represent hidden things.
• Eggs in a container: Slave or maiden girls, in view of the Quranic expression “[Pure] as they were hidden eggs [of the ostrich].” (“Al-Saffat” [Those Who Set the Ranks], verse 49.)
• The dreamer’s hen having laid an egg: Will be blessed with a male child.
• Cooked eggs without shells: Blessed gifts and benefits.
• Eating raw eggs: (1) Will accept dirty money. (2) Will be plagued by many worries. (3) Will commit a sin.
Silver Dream Explanation — The bracelet and the anklet symbolize the husband or marriage, in particular. For men they represent sorrow. Lady’s jewels could also refer to their children, since mothers are proud of them. Gold is a reference to boys and silver to girls. Likewise, whatever is masculine refers to boys and anything feminine to girls. Certain interpreters hate to hear about silver in view of the etymology of the word—in Arabic feddah from fadd or yafeddo, meaning “to disperse” or “to deflower.” In general, silver is hoarded money. An alloy of silver and gold is a beautiful white girl or slave girl (or servant in the modern sense), because silver is part of the essence of women (according to the ancient Arabs). Whoever dreams of having acquired such an alloy will seduce a pretty woman. If the piece is big, he will find a treasure.
Hand Dream Explanation — • Putting a hand under the armpit and drawing it back to find water in it: Will have money.
• Having an extra hand: (1) More influence and strength. (2) Will have a brother. (3) Will have a child.
• Being left-handed: Difficulties are ahead. (The word for left-handed in Arabic, Aasar, comes from ’osr, meaning “difficulty.)
• Doing something with the left hand: Will get what you want but late.
• Stretching both hands: Extreme generosity, magnanimity.
Perspiration Dream Explanation — Perspiration under one's armpit that produces an offensive odor in a dream represents an ailment or a plague. As for a governor, a merchant, or a tradesman, such a stench in a dream means hoarding money in an ugly way. Perspiration in a dream also means losing money, paying taxes, or toiling. (Also see Odor; Smell)
Sweat Dream Explanation — Sweating means harm. According to Abu Said Al-Waez:
• Wiping one’s sweat: Wishes will be fulfilled.
• A ruler dreaming of stinking perspiration from under the armpit: Will overspend and earn a bad reputation.
• A commoner dreaming of stinking perspiration: Will commit adultery. According to Ibn Siren, sweat means financial losses, especially if it flows on the ground.
Potter Dream Explanation — In a dream, a potter represents someone who handles pots and pitchers, or he could represent a servant, a housekeeper, women, girls or daughters. Seeing a potter in a dream also means pride about one's lineage, wealth, or beauty.
Goat Dream Explanation — A goat in a dream means prosperity, richness, a servant, associating with a cheap woman or a prostitute. A fat goat in a dream represents entertaining girls, or it could mean orphans. If one brings a goat into his house in a dream, it means that he is inviting poverty into his life. (Also see Billy goat; Bullfight)
Sacking needle Dream Explanation — (Needle; Upholsterer's needle) A sacking needle in a dream represents a woman, because of its threading hole. Holding a sacking needle in a dream means travels, or if one's wife is pregnant, it means that she will beget twin girls.
Sheep Dream Explanation — Seeing a sheep in one's dream also represents an obedient son. If one's wife is pregnant, and if he is presented with a sheep as a gift in a dream, it means that she will deliver a boy. Otherwise, the remaining little domesticated animals represent headache, because of the responsibility involved in caring for and in upbringing the boys, except for the girls, for they represent worldly success and profits.
Testicles Dream Explanation — • A dreamer seeing his testicles being cut off or infected with a disease: (1) His foes will have the upper hand inasmuch as the situation looked bad. (2) No more girls will be born to him. He will only produce boys. (3) Will receive compensation and damage for a life taken away.51
• Seeing one’s testicles in enemy hands: The enemies will reach the dreamer inasmuch as they are in control of his pair of vital organs.
• Seeing one’s left testicle having been snatched: The dreamer’s son will die, and he will have no more boys.
Buying or Selling a Slave Dream Explanation — Selling a slave means he will find relief from his grief and sorrows. Buying him means he will be afflicted with grief and sorrow. It is said that buying a slave girls is better than selling her.
Piercing a hole Dream Explanation — (Boring) Piercing a hole in a dream means deception. Piercing a hole in a stone in a dream means investigating someone in authority. Piercing a hole in the wall of a citadel in a dream means being obsessed with virgin girls and desiring to deflower them.
Hair Dream Explanation — If a woman sees her hair straight in a dream, it denotes benefits and particularly if she uses a hair pieces or a wig as part of her makeup. Women receive benefits from braiding their hair in a dream and it means saving money or investing it. Otherwise, if a poor person, or a blind person braids his or her hair in a dream, then it means complications and difficulties, and particularly when they are accustomed to doing so. If a sick woman sees herself braiding her hair in a dream, it means that she will die from her illness. If one sees his hair long to the extent that he could braid it together with his beard in a dream, it means debts. Shaving one's moustache, or under one's armpit in a dream means paying one's debts, dispelling distress, or following good hygiene's.
Dawn Dream Explanation — The first appearance of daylight in a dream represents the birth of girls or their marriage. Seeing the dawn in a dream also may signify remembrance of Allah Almighty and reading of the Quran. Seeing the dawn in a dream also means walking into the light of guidance. It also means happiness and continuous joy. If one loses something in the night then finds it at dawn in a dream, it means that his opponent denies something he unjustly took from him, then a witness arrives to testify for one's benefit and to help him recuperate his property.