Rat Dream Explanation — A rat in one's house in a dream means that he will emigrate from one land to another. If the person seeing the dream owns a house, it means that he will sell it. Rats in one's house in a dream also represent thieves one must guard his house against, or that he must guard himself against the betrayal of a close acquaintance. Eating a rat in a dream means backbiting others, or earning unlawful money. In general, rats in a dream represent insolence, causing damage, fornication, adverse marital conditions, or problems in the upbringing of one's children. Catching a rat in a dream means suffering from humiliation and despise.
Giant Dream Explanation — (Aggrandizement; Colossal; Death; Hulk; Magnification) If one sees his body grown to be gigantic and beyond the normal size in a dream, it means his death.
Aggrandizement Dream Explanation — (See Giant)
Colossal Dream Explanation — (See Giant)
Gigantic Dream Explanation — (See Giant)
Hulk Dream Explanation — (See Giant)
Magnification Dream Explanation — (See Giant)
Roc Dream Explanation — (arb. Rukhkh; A legendary Arabian bird.) Seeing the legendary giant roc in a dream means fast travelling news coming from Western regions, or it could represent distant travels, playing with words, taunt with a serious subject, or just prattling.
Elephant Dream Explanation — • Riding an elephant with a saddle and driving it at will: (1) Will marry the daughter of a foreign giant. (2) Business will prosper.
• A bachelor riding an elephant: (1) Will get married, possibly to a foreign woman. (2) Will board a ship or the like.
• Seeing an elephant anywhere other than in India: Hardships and terror.
• Herding elephants: Will befriend foreign rulers.
Mouse Dream Explanation — The mouse symbolizes the dreamer’s household: those who dwell in his house—his wife and children, et cetera—a debauched woman, or, some say, a devilish Jewish woman or a Jew, as related by Al-Nabulsi. It could also refer to a thief. Many mice means profit and welfare. Mice of the same color allude to women. The rat is a digging thief.
• Dreaming of a mouse playing in one’s house: Prosperity will increase because, according to the ancient Arabs, mice invade only those places that are prosperous. And only people who are not hungry can afford to play.
• Seeing mice in one’s house: Dangerous women will enter that house.
• A mouse leaving one’s house: Livelihood and blessings will decrease.
• Owning a mouse: Will have a servant because, like servants, mice share the food of the master.
• White and black mice coming and going: Long life, as the white indicate the days and the black the nights. To borrow the expressions of Ibn
Goliath's head Dream Explanation — (Arrogance; Deception; Defeat; Death; Giant; Mocking; Slingshot) Goliath's head in a dream represents a perfidious man who entices people to engage in treachery, deception and falsehood. If one sees himself nicknamed as Goliath's head in a dream, it means that he will be accused of treachery, deceiving others or defaming them, though he maybe innocent of such allegations.
Sheep Dream Explanation — • Buying a ram: Will be needed by an honest man to be saved from disease or destruction.
• Becoming a ram: Will enjoy fame and fortune in the shadow of a rich and influential but honest man or will serve a king.
• Fighting a ram: Will be at loggerheads with a giant of a man. Whoever wins the combat will triumph in reality, because the two are of different kinds.49
• Riding a ram or eating cooked ram meat: Fertility and abundance. In dreams, fat meat is a better symbol than lean.
• Eating raw ram meat: Absence.
Walnut Dream Explanation — •
• Falling from a walnut tree and dying: Will be killed by a giant of a man or a king.
• The walnut tree breaking while the dreamer is climbing on it: Will control a huge man.
• Dreaming of another person falling from a walnut tree after it had fallen down: The dreamer will control such a person if he gets killed in the dream. If the hands or legs are broken in the process, a great calamity is imminent, but the dreamer will come out unscathed.
Mountain Dream Explanation — • A mountain taking off and hovering over people’s heads: The king will terrorize his subjects as, says Ibn Siren, this is what happened to the children of Israel when God lifted the mountain and let it glide over them to terrorize them or deter them from disobedience.
• Mountains exploding or being shattered: A harbinger of war and schisms in which flocks of people will perish, as this is one of the signs of the end of the world.
• Climbing on a mountain and drinking water from its springs: Will be given a province or a high post, if eligible, or achieve gains, if in business.
• Carrying a mountain and finding it too heavy: Will carry the belongings or look after the interest of a huge man or a giant of a man.
Tree Dream Explanation — A specific number of trees alludes to men showing similitude's with such trees. Giant trees like the cypress tree or life tree or juniper tree or the Oriental plane tree are huge, rigid, and evil men. The good smell of a tree is the good reputation of the man whom the tree alludes to. The tree overladen with fruit symbolizes a man known for his largesse. Trees could also symbolize a quarrel or a fight, in view of their Arabic name, shagar, which is homonym for those words. Here, like in all trees involving plants, the season in which the tree is dreamed of plays an important role in the interpretation.
Mountain Dream Explanation — The mountain suggests a harsh and heartless king, ruler, or chief, unless there is water and vegetation in it, in which case such a man is a devout, religious, and good one. It also refers to a huge or giant man commensurate with the size of the mountain. It could be as well an erudite or an ascetic person, or a reference to high grades, upper standards, and divine places. Whatever befalls the mountain, like its crumbling or burning out, et cetera, should apply to the king, chief, or scholar it alludes to. Likewise, mountains symbolize aims and quests.
• Standing on top of a mountain, relying on it, or sitting in its shadow: Will be close to a chief, such as a sultan, a learned man or a secluded scholar, and become his protege.
Dragon Dream Explanation — If a giant dragon is transformed into a man or a woman in a dream, it represents an army of male or female jinn (see alphabetically), and a marching army of female Jinn's in a dream means an enemy who conceals his true purpose or identity. Such an enemy has many heads and ways in the arts of ugly actions and evil thinking. Each head from one to seven represents an adversity of a different magnitude or an art of evildoing. If the dragon in one's dream has seven heads, it represents an enemy that cannot be equalled and whose evil designs cannot be paralleled. If one sees himself owning and controlling a dragon in a dream, it means taking advantage of a person who is mentally ill. (Also see Jinn)
Tree Dream Explanation — The tree also represents the female kind, for it is irrigated; it bears (fruits) and delivers. It also refers to various places and persons associated with food, money, and wealth, like shops, warehouses, banquets, slaves, servants, and cattle. A specific number of trees alludes to men showing similitude's with such trees. Giant trees like the cypress tree or life tree or juniper tree or the Oriental plane tree are huge, rigid, and evil men. The good smell of a tree is the good reputation of the man whom the tree alludes to. The tree overladen with fruit symbolizes a man known for his largesse. Trees could also symbolize a quarrel or a fight, in view of their Arabic name, shagar, which is homonym for those words. Here, like in all trees involving plants, the season in which the tree is dreamed of plays an important role in the interpretation.
• Seeing many date palms in an unusual place: Will command as many men.
Meat Dream Explanation — • Pork: Likewise, it means sinful money.
• Dry meat: Slandering the dead.
• Camel meat: (1) Money and other benefits from the supreme authority. (2) Money from a giant man and powerful enemy, as long as the dreamer had not touched it. If he had, it would mean the reverse. Eating it cooked means the dreamer will unjustly eat the wealth of another person, fall ill, then recover.
• Seeing skinned mutton in one’s house, cut in slices: Will contact people never known or seen before and get invited or invite them, and to the dreamer’s delight, they will prove to be real brothers. If such meat was skinned but not in slices, that means sudden tragedy or the death of someone whom the dreamer would inherit from in case the mutton was fat; otherwise he would not inherit anything.
• Eating chicken: (1) Benefits from the female side. (2) Patience for the nervous. (3) Healing. (4) The end of worries and sorrow. (5) Money from foreign sources.
• Eating monkey meat: (1) Terrible worries or ailments. (2) Will obtain new clothes.
Stairway Dream Explanation — Descending a staircase in a dream means arriving from a journey, resigning from one's job, impeachment, or it could represent a pedestrian. If one's descent leads him to his family, house, or farmland in the dream, it means money. If what he reaches at the end of the staircase is unknown, and if one meets people, or souls he does not recognize in the dream, it also denotes what we have earlier explained. If during one's climb or descent he falls into a well, or if a giant bird grabs him and flies away with him, or if a beast devours him, or if he steps into a boat that sails away as he steps into it, or if he takes a step to find himself riding an animal, or a vehicle of some type, the staircase then represents the stages of one's life and what he encountered during the journey of his life, all replayed or screened before his eyes at the point of descending into his grave, or as a book one reads after his death. If he does wake up and finds himself healthy and fit, it means that he will become a tyrant, an unjust person, an atheist and a reprobate. If one sees himself descending a staircase that leads him into a mosque, lush foliage, green fields, a fresh breeze of spring, or into a pond to take a ritual ablution to perform his prayers in the dream, it means that he will become a true believer, repent for his sins and abandon his blameworthy conduct. Otherwise, if he descends upon adverse elements such as snakes, lions, steep hills, corpses, or a field of scattered remains in a dream, then it represents major trials and adversities.