Phantom Dream Explanation
— (Ghost) A phantom in a dream represents money one will earn from a friendly
person. If a pregnant woman sees a phantom in her dream, it means that she will beget a son. (Also see Mirage)
Ghost Dream Explanation
— (Phantom; Spook) A ghost in a dream represents money earned from a friendly
person. If a pregnant woman sees a ghost in her dream, it means that she will give birth to a son. (Also see Mirage)
Enmity Dream Explanation
— (Conflict; Discord; Rupture; Spitefulness) To show enmity toward someone in a dream means desiring to remain in his company, showing him friendliness, then divulging his secrets or exposing his feelings. To face someone's animosity in a dream, means becoming friendly
with him, for enmity means uncovering what is hidden. (Also see Enemy; Rupture of relations)
Eagle Dream Explanation
— The eagle symbolizes a strong man, a warrior who can be trusted neither by a friend nor by a foe. Its baby is an intrepid son who mixes with rulers.
• An eagle seen on a rooftop or in a house: The Archangel of Death will visit that house.
• An eagle falling on the dreamer’s head: The dreamer will die, because whenever the eagle catches an animal with its claws it kills it.
• Catching and taming an eagle: The dreamer will befriend a king.
• An eagle scratching the dreamer with its claws: The dreamer will face physical and financial hardships.
• An eagle being friendly
, giving something to the dreamer, or talking to him in a comprehensible manner: Benefits and welfare.
• A woman giving birth to an eagle: The dreamer will have an illustrious son, if the lady lives in the propitious milieu. If she is poor, she will give birth to a soldier.
• Riding on an eagle: (1) Doom for great men and rulers. (2) Welfare for the poor.
Frog Dream Explanation
— A frog in a dream represents a pious and a religious person. Sitting with frogs in a dream means having a good relationship with one's family and being friendly
with one's neighbors. Eating a frog in a dream means receiving benefits through a relative or a neighbor. Eating a frog in a dream also means gaining authority or accumulating extensive wealth. Frogs in a dream also represent people who practice magic arts and sorcery. If one earns his livelihood from dealing with sea life, or if he sells spring water for living, then seeing frogs in his dream means profits. If one sees frogs leaving a town in a dream, it means that a calamity is lifted through prayers and atonement. Hunting frogs in a dream means winning over one's rivals or competitors. Frogs in a dream also represent lobbyists, readers, dervishes, ascetics or they could represent noisy people or someone who is on a constant move from one place to another. Frogs entering a town in a dream represent a calamity that will befall the dwellers of that town. In a dream, frogs also represent a chaste, pure and a religious woman who never cause harm to anyone.
Bowl Dream Explanation
— (Cup; Plate; Tray) In a dream, a bowl represents man's money pouch or what his wife would like to receive from him. If one sees himself receiving a bowl filled with sweets in a dream, it means receiving abundance of love from one's beloved. If the bowl is filled with sour food or some green raw vegetables in the dream, it means that animosity will develop on the part of his beloved, and it will provoke despise and fighting between husband and wife. Seeing a bowl in a dream also means increase in one's earnings. A bowl also represents a servant, a child, a daughter, a nanny, or a handmaiden. Licking a bowl in a dream represents one's earnings, and it could mean that he has consumed his lot in this life, or that he has reached the term of his life in this world. If one sees a large number of people gathering around a bowl to eat from it in a dream, it means a reunion of his clan, or it could represent the place of his dwelling. If they are people of true actions, it means that they will become friendly
with him. If one urinates in a bowl or in ajar in a dream, it means that he will sexually abuse members of his own family. A bowl in a dream also represents one's beloveds and its contents represent one's love. Holding a bowl in a dream means a reunion with one's beloved. (Also see Pot; Wooden bowl)
Rose Dream Explanation
— (Blossoms; Kiss) In a dream, a rose represents a noble person, a woman, a newborn son, or it could represent the homecoming of a long awaited traveler. Plucking roses from a rosebush in a dream means harvesting honor, love, prosperity and blessings. Kissing a white rose in a dream means kissing a Allah-fearing woman. Plucking a red rose in a dream means kissing a fun loving woman. Smelling the fragrance of a yellow rose in a dream means kissing a sick woman. A bouquet of roses in a dream means kisses, one after the other. A rosebud in a dream means a miscarriage. A rose in a dream also represents an estranged wife, or it could mean a dying woman, a losing business, a short lived happiness, or a promise that does not last. Receiving a rose from a young man in a dream means receiving a promise that will not hold too. Seeing a crown of roses over one's head in a dream means getting married. Roses on a tray in a dream signify the pleasure of youth that does not last, or they could denote the temporary joy of this world. Roses in a dream also signify praiseworthiness, or enjoying a good reputation. Rose oil or attar which is made from the petals of damask roses in a dream means intelligence, clarity of mind, a friendly
and a gentle person. If a sick person sees himself laying on a bed of flowers in a dream, it means that he might die within forty days, because forty days represent the life span of a rose blossom. Cutting off a rosebush in a dream means distress. Harvesting roses in a dream means joy.
Divorce Dream Explanation
— In general, divorce means poverty, losses, or the end of a partnership. It could also mean parting from a once friendly
, “royal” relation, as women are thought to be whimsical like kings. But certain dream interpreters believe that divorce means that the person will become self-sufficient. They refer to a verse of the Holy Quran in the sense that if husband and wife split, God would render each of them self-sufficient by His bounty. For Muslims, there are three types or three degrees of divorce because a man can divorce, up to three times only, each of his wives; following that, the wife needs to have an interim husband before he can marry her again for the last time. In certain cases, the husband may utter the words, “I divorce you three times.” Therefore, the possible reversal of the meaning of the dream or the hope it could raise or dissipate depends on the severity of the case in the dream. For instance, if a married or sick man dreams that he has divorced his wife three times, at once this would mean that the loss of his livelihood or his demise will be irreversible or imminent, the wife being regarded as the husband’s life and crown. If one dreams of divorcing one’s unique wife this means loss of dignity, pride, position, or authority, temporarily or definitively, depending on the degree of the divorce. It could also mean that the dreamer will have a dispute with another man, will strongly reprimand a friend for a disappointing gesture, or will himself be incriminated.
• Divorcing: The dreamer will be laid off, deposed or dispensed with, or will part from his chief. A more optimistic interpretation is that God will take care of the dreamer’s needs.
• Definitive divorce: Will lose one’s job irrevocably or perhaps will become self-sustaining for good.
• Divorcing one’s wife, then feeling jealous: Keenness to preserve her.
• A bachelor dreaming of divorce: Will change his line of conduct for the better or for the worse. But it could also mean that death is near.
• Divorcing an unloved partner: The dreamer will see some of his desires fulfilled.
• A man dreaming that he has divorced his wife but still has others or some free women or slaves around: Will lose only part of his fortune or authority.
• A religious-minded person dreaming that he has divorced his wife: Will cut himself off from worldly matters and turn ascetic.
Elderly person Dream Explanation
— An unknown elderly person in a dream represents one's good luck, happiness and one's assiduity and diligence. If the unknown elderly person looks strong in the dream, he represents one's strength. Otherwise, if he looks feeble, then he represents one's weakness. Whatever physical conditions an elderly person is seen with in the dream, such condition will reflect in one's own state. If an elderly person comes toward the person seeing the dream, it means that someone will help him attain a praiseworthy rank. If one follows an elderly person in a dream, it means that he follows a good path. If one sees an elderly person and displeases him in the dream, it means that he will displease a close friend or reject his advice. If he pleases him in the dream, it means that he will consent with a close good friend and they will walk together on the path to reap material as well as spiritual benefits. If one sees a gathering of friendly
people but could not determine whether they are young or elderly in a dream, it means that he will discover new avenues in his life and he will draw material and spiritual benefits from them. If he sees a gathering of young people he does not recognize in the dream, it means that he will associate himself with rich people. If he sees a gathering of elderly people he does not recognize in the dream, it means that he will associate himself with good friends. If a woman sees an elderly person she could not recognize in the dream, he represents the world. If a young man sees himself turned into an elderly person in a dream, it means that he will acquire knowledge and wisdom. Listening to a good looking elderly person in a dream means receiving honor and rank. If an elderly person sees himself turned young in a dream, it represents his strength, wealth, good living and a healthy life, or it could mean material or religious losses, or it could mean his death. If an elderly person sees himself being born again in a dream, it means his death. If he is ill, it could represent his attachment to the world, and if he is poor, it could denote his earning. If an elderly person sees himself as a youth in a dream, it could also mean committing a childish act or an unwise act. A wise elderly person in a dream represents honor, rank, dignity, wealth, blessings and longevity. On the other hand, seeing an elderly person in a dream could represents failure, weaknesses, defeat, disablement or inertness. (Also see Gray hair)
Eye Dream Explanation
— The eye represents the person’s vision and discrimination between right and wrong. It also symbolizes money and children, as they are as dear as the eyes. The black eye refers to religion, the blue religious violation, and the green a religion different from all others.
• Having several eyes in the body: Excessive virtue and religion.
• Dreaming that one’s stomach has been opened and finding an eye in it: The dreamer is a hypocrite.
• Dreaming that one’s eyes are those of a stranger: The dreamer will go blind and be guided by someone else.
• Dreaming that one’s eyes are those of an identified person: The dreamer will marry that person’s daughter and benefit from him.
• Dreaming that one’s eyes are gone: The dreamer’s children will die.
• A person in a foreign land dreaming that he is completely blind: He will stay abroad till he dies.
• Seeing one’s eyes made of iron: The dreamer will be in deep trouble and the center of a scandal.
• Opening one’s eyes to see a certain person: That person will look into the dreamer’s plea and help him.
• Staring angrily at someone: The dreamer will have spite for that person.
• Hearing with one’s eyes and seeing with one’s ears: The dreamer is inciting his family and daughter to commit sins.
• Seeing the eye of a man or an animal in one’s palm: The dreamer will get plenty of money.
• Looking at an eye and liking it: The dreamer will do something harmful to his religion.
• The heart having an eye or eyes: Religious devotion inasmuch as they were bright.
• Squinting: The dreamer is eyeing women with lust.
• Dreaming that one’s eyes have been pierced: The dreamer will lose someone or something very dear.
• Seeing something white in or around the pupil of the eye or a kind of screen: Trouble, deep worries, losses, and loss of aspirations.
• An absent relative returning blind: The dreamer will die.
• Having “the black water” (glaucoma) in the eyes and being unable to see anything: The dreamer is shameless because, says Ibn Siren, the eye is the center of decency and shame.
• One’s eye becoming dim: The dreamer is eyeing a friendly
• Having weak eyesight: (1) The dreamer needs people’s help and is going adrift. (2) The dreamer’s children will be ill.
• The eyes falling on one’s knees: Death of a brother and a son or any two other dear persons.
• Seeing a slave girl (the word in Arabic meaning “A running one”) or a couple of eyes flying rapidly in the sky: Will make money from business or a craft.
Marriage Dream Explanation
— (Cage; Digging a grave; Duel; Golden cage; Pearl; Sanctuary; Silver cage) Marriage in a dream represents the providence of Allah Almighty and care for His servants. Marriage in a dream also means imprisonment, indebtedness, sorrow, distress, depression, carrying a liability, or endeavouring to achieve a high ranking position. If one marries a known woman in his dream, it means that he will endeavor to satisfy the normal responsibilities of a husband. If one marries an unknown woman, and if he could not see her in his dream, it denotes the nearing of his death, or it could mean moving from an old house into a new one. If a sick woman sees herself getting married to a man she does not recognize or know his name in a dream, it means that she may die from her illness. If the man who sees himself getting married in the dream qualifies, it means that he will attain a high ranking job or a suitable position. If one's wedding ceremony is made with witnesses only in the dream, it means that he has made a covenant with Allah Almighty. If he performs a traditional wedding ceremony with its celebrations and festivities in the dream, it means a new job, or it could mean acquiring fame, or becoming renowned for one's good reputation or character. Marriage in a dream is also interpreted in association with a trade. If one marries a woman who dies shortly after her wedding in the dream, it means that he will perform a job that earns him nothing but hard labor, toiling and stress. If one marries an adulteress in a dream, it means that he is an adulterer. If one marries a vicious, aggressive or a dominating wife in a dream, it means that his movements will be hampered with various restrictions. If one marries a deceased woman in a dream, it means that he will revive a profitable project he had earlier abandoned. If a man offers his mother in marriage to one of his friends in a dream, it means that he will sell his house. If a pregnant woman sees herself getting married in a dream, it means that she will give birth to a girl. If she sees herself in her wedding night in a dream, it means that she will beget a son. If a mother who has a son sees herself getting married in a dream, it means that she will marry off her son. In general, the marriage of a married woman, or of an unwed woman in a dream means benefits. If a woman marries a deceased man in a dream, it means that she will become lost and impoverished. If a married man sees himself getting married to a second woman in a dream, it means profits. To marry the daughter of a known man of knowledge in a dream means prosperity. If a sick woman marries a man of knowledge in her dream, it means recovering from her illness. If a man sees himself marrying a living relative who is in a degree of consanguinity that precludes such a marriage in a dream, it means that he will sever his ties with such a relative, or with her family. Otherwise, if that relative is already dead, it means that he will contact her immediate relatives and establish a friendly
relationship with them. (Also see Cage; Duel; Sanctuary; Wife; Yoke)
| || |