Sky Dream Explanation — • Being called from Heaven: Good augury.
• Building a structure in Heaven: The dreamer will die. If the structure was made of bricks and plaster of Paris, the dream means that the subject is a vain person.
• Hanging on a rope from the sky: The dreamer is flying high.
• Being in Heaven without knowing since when: The dreamer will go to Paradise, if God wills.
• The sky turning green: A record crop that year.
• The sky turning into iron: Poor rain.
• The sky having been patched: Rain will be withheld.
• The sky being torn: Abundant rain.
Sky Dream Explanation — In Arabic, there is only one word for sky and heaven, the same as in French. The sky symbolizes the king’s court and his entourage, which are as difficult to reach as the sky is (or used to be in ancient times).
• Anything falling from the sky, be it good or bad: That thing will come from Heaven.
• Climbing to the sky on a ladder: The dreamer will be dignified and reap benefits from the king.
• Climbing to the sky without any ladder or stairs: The dreamer will be disappointed and terrorized by the sultan. If the dreamer’s intention is to overhear, he will spy on the sultan and break into his palace or treasury to rob him. In case he reaches the sky, he will succeed. The reverse is also true.
• A sick person getting to the sky and failing to return: He will die and his soul will go to Heaven.
Sky Dream Explanation — • Falling from the sky: The dreamer will become an atheist. The sky opening to give way to an old man: A reference to the perseverance of the local people who will reap the fruit of their activities.
• The sky opening and a young man coming out of it: An enemy who will harm the people of the area or sow the seeds of dissension.
• Sheep coming from the sky: A booty (for etymological reasons, the two words in Arabic being ghanam and ghanima, respectively).
• A lion emerging from the sky: The people will be plagued with a wicked tyrant.
• Stealing the sky and hiding it in ajar: The dreamer will steal a mus haf, or Holy Quran book, and give it to his wife.
• Circling in the sky, then coming down: The dreamer will learn astronomy and occult sciences and make a name for himself.
Sky Dream Explanation — • Seeing numerous gates of Heaven: A reference to usury.
• Some flies, bees, birds, et cetera, coming from the gates of Heaven: Diluvial rain, in view of the Quranic verse: “Then opened We the gates of Heaven with pouring water.” (“Al-Qamar” [The Moon], verse 11.)
• Being close to the sky: The dreamer is close to God or, if his ambitions are not so great, to his superior and his prayers will be heard.
• Climbing to the sky and entering Heaven: The dreamer will die as a martyr.
Sky Dream Explanation — • Being in the first of seven heavens: (1) The dreamer will become a minister, if eligible, because, says Ibn Siren, this heaven is the orbit of the moon, the sky’s prime minister. (2) Death is near.
• Being in the second heaven (the orbit of Mercury): The dreamer will acquire knowledge and wisdom and enjoy self-sufficiency or contentment or will become a leader.
• Being in the third heaven (the orbit of Venus): The dreamer will be dignified and welcome everywhere and have plenty of girls and goods of all kinds, procuring the utmost joy.
• Being in the fourth heaven (the orbit of the sun): The dreamer will be close to the ruler.
• Being in the fifth heaven (the orbit of Mars): Terror, or the dreamer will become a police chief or a warrior, go to war, et cetera.
• Being in the sixth heaven (the orbit of Jupiter): The dreamer will be happy and prestigious and conclude fruitful business transactions.
• Being in the seventh heaven (the orbit of Saturn): The dreamer will be blessed and highly esteemed and own some real estate or a big farm.
Ascending the Sky or Heavens Dream Explanation — If a person sees himself as ascending and entering the Sky, he will attain martyrdom, become eminent in the sight of Allah, cross the siraat swiftly on the Day of Judgment, attain respectability in this world and be remembered in favorable terms by the people.
A Rope Coming From The Sky Dream Explanation — Narrated Ibn 'Abbas: A man came to Allah's Apostle (Sallallaahu-Alayhi-wasallam) and said, "I saw in a dream, a cloud having shade. Butter and honey were dropping from it and I saw the people gathering it in their hands, some gathering much and some a little. And behold, there was a rope extending from the earth to the sky, and I saw that you (the Prophet) held it and went up, and then another man held it and went up and (after that) another (third) held it and went up, and then after another (fourth) man held it, but it broke and then got connected again." Abu Bakr said, "O Allah's Apostle! Let my father be sacrificed for you! Allow me to interpret this dream." The Prophet said to him, "Interpret it." Abu Bakr said, "The cloud with shade symbolizes Islam, and the butter and honey dropping from it, symbolizes the Quran, its sweetness dropping and some people learning much of the Qur'an and some a little. The rope which is extended from the sky to the earth is the Truth which you (the Prophet) are following. You follow it and Allah will raise you high with it, and then another man will follow it and will rise up with it and another person will follow it and then another man will follow it but it will break and then it will be connected for him and he will rise up with it. O Allah's Apostle! Let my father be sacrificed for you! Am I right or wrong?" The Prophet replied, "You are right in some of it and wrong in some." Abu Bakr said, "O Allah's Prophet! By Allah, you must tell me in what I was wrong." The Prophet said, "Do not swear." (Bukhari)
A Rope Coming From The Sky Dream Explanation — Abu Hurairah narrated that a man came to the Prophet Muhammad and said: "I had a dream of a cloud with shade dripping butter and honey. I saw the people scooping it up with their hands, some taking much and some taking little. I saw a rope extending from the sky to the earth. Then I saw you Prophet Muhammad! You took hold of it and went up, then a man took hold of it after you do so, then a man took hold of it after him to do so. Then a man took hold of it and it was severed, and then connected for him, and he did so (i.e. , went up)." Abu Bakr said: "May my father and mother be ransomed for you O Messenger of Allah! Allow me to interpret it." He said: "Interpret it." so he said: "As for the cloud with its shade, it is Islam. As for what the butter and honey that dropped from it, this is the Quran and its delicateness and sweetness. It means some of them gathered much of the Quran and some of them a little. As for the rope extending from the sky to the earth, it is the truth which you are upon, you clug to it and Allah exalted you. Then another man will take hold of it after you and ascend on it, then after him, another man will take hold of it and ascend on it. Then another [man] will take hold of it but it will break, then be connected so he will ascend on it. Inform me O Messenger of Allah! Am I correct or am I mistaken?" The Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) said: "You are correct in some of it and mistaken in some of it." He (i.e., Abu Bakr) said: "I swear to you by my father and my mother O Prophet Muhammad! Inform me in what I was mistaken?" The Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) said: "Do not swear."
Scissors Descending from the Sky Dream Explanation — It denotes shortness of life for the person.
Flying Dream Explanation — • Flying out of a house: Death.
• Flying and rising steadily in the sky: Quick harm will befall the dreamer.
• Rising steadily, then stabilizing: Will escape harm.
• Flying vertically: Benefits, promotion, and leadership.
• Ascending vertically without wings: Elevation in life as much as the dreamer rose and the fulfilment of wishes.
• Flying in the sky and somehow in the earth: Too many wishes.
Flying Dream Explanation — • A prisoner dreaming of flying: Will be freed soon.
• A stranger or an expatriate dreaming of flying: Will return to his country.
• Flying in the sky, then returning to earth: Will fall ill and be near death, but recover.
• Flying and disappearing in the sky with no return in sight: Death.
• A bondsman (or servant) dreaming of flying toward the sky: Will serve in the house of prominent personalities.
• A bondsman (or servant) dreaming of flying inside his master’s house: Will become the number-one servant. If he falls, it means that he will be ousted after receiving all that welfare. If he flies out of the door, he will be sold. If he flies out of the window or through the wall, he will run away and become a fugitive.
Flying Dream Explanation — • A pious person dreaming of flying: A desire for learning.
• A debauched person dreaming of flying: Is seeking vice and evil.
• An uncommitted person dreaming of flying: Is seeking a novelty or might turn heretic.
• Racing somebody and flying and winning the race: Will defeat that person and obtain some kind of promotion.
• Flying horizontally and steadily: Matters will be straightened without effort.
• Flying right or left in the sky: Will travel to an unusual destination or be dignified.
• Flying if no trip is in sight: Unemployment.
• Flying by one’s own free will and stopping such an action when desired: Facilities and plenty of welfare.
Flying Dream Explanation — • Flying with birds: (1) Will flock with foreigners. (2) For an evil person: Bad omen. (3) Possible crucifixion. (4) For a fisherman: Coming ordeal.
• Flying with wings that do not resemble bird wings: Something extraordinary will happen to the dreamer, and people will marvel.
• Flying without wings: Fear and hardships, but also fulfilment of a wish and rising in life as high as the dreamer rose in the sky.
• Flying and stopping over in a known place: (1) Will reach destination safe and sound. (2) Will interrupt a trip and stop over in that place.
Flying Dream Explanation — If one sees himself laying over his bed and flying with it in a dream, it means a severe illness or an ailment that will strike at his legs. Enjoying flying between the sky and the earth in a dream means having exaggerated hopes. Flying in a dream also means seeking a destructive knowledge, or pursuing an evil idea, or associating with villainous and notorious people, or it could mean being in a hurry, or that one takes lightly a serious project, then fails to accomplish it because of his angry character. Flying in a dream also denotes extreme happiness, or it could mean superstition. If one flies from a bad place into a good place such as a farm or a mosque in his dream, it means benefits and growth. (Also see Air; Wadi)
Flying Dream Explanation — • Flying from one rooftop to another: Will change wives.
• Hovering over houses and streets: Turbulence, but the dreamer will not be moved.
• Flying from one land to another: Dignity and great satisfaction.
• A prominent personality flying over a mountain: Will be given a province.
• A leader or a power-monger dreaming of flying: Will prevail. If he falls on anything, he will own it.
• An ordinary or a submissive person dreaming of flying over a mountain: (1) Will be very ill and approach death. (2) Will commit a sin.
Flying Dream Explanation — Flying in a dream means travels. If one sees himself flying lying on his back, then it means comfort. Flying for other than a traveller means joblessness. Flying from one roof into another in a dream means changing from a man of dignity into a man who has no moral standards. In a dream, a roof also represents a woman or a wife. In this sense, flying between two roofs could mean having a mistress beside one's wife. If a woman sees herself flying from her house into the house of a man she knows in the dream, it means that she will marry him. Flying from a known abode into a distant and unknown abode in a dream means death. If a prisoner sees himself flying in a dream, it means that he will be released from jail. Flying with wings in a dream also means travels, and flying without wings means changes in one's status or conditions. If a foreigner sees himself flying in a dream, it means that he will return to his homeland, or it could mean that he travels excessively. If one who has pride and exaggerated hopes sees himself flying in a dream, then his dream represents mere hallucination. If one sees himself in a dream flying in a race with someone else, and if he wins the race, it means that he will conquer his opponent and rise above him in station.
Flying Dream Explanation — • Flying on one’s back: (1) Will have a comfortable sea journey. (2) Unemployment. (3) Death, if the dreamer is ill.
• Flying with wings: Change of condition. If destination is reached, situation will improve. For the poor, it means plenty of financial gains.
• Flying like a pigeon in the air and having a bird’s-eye view as if controlling those on earth and being in a position to benefit or harm anybody at will: Dignity and strength.
• Flying happily from one country to another, but feeling heavy and unable to benefit or harm anyone or touch anything: The dreamer is yearning for money.
• Flying low: Will travel and return safe and sound.
Flying Dream Explanation — • A horseman dreaming of flying: Good horsemanship.
• Dreaming of flying on a stretcher, a litter, a bed, or the like: (1) Legs will be affected by a severe ailment. (2) Will become very ill. (3) Will die.
• A dead person flying: Will escape danger.
• A bier flying and people with it: (1) A chief or a scholar will die without anybody knowing about it. (2) A great man will die in a foreign land, during a pilgrimage, or in a battle for the sake of Allah (Jihad). (3) If the dead man on the bier is identified, it means that man in particular.
Flying Dream Explanation — Flying near a flock of birds in a dream means associating, living or working with unknown people. If an evil person sees that, it means a bad omen, and for a fisherman it means sufferings or death. Flying in the air at a low altitude in a dream means taking a short trip. If one sees himself flying at will and ceasing to fly at will in a dream, it means easing of his burdens and expectation of great benefits to come his way. Seeing oneself in a dream flying upside-down means evil happening. If a sick person sees himself flying in the air in a dream, it means that he will die from his illness.
Flying Dream Explanation — According to Al-Nabulsi, if the dreamer has too many aspirations and is a vain person, any dream involving flying is null and void. For others:
• Dreaming repeatedly of flying: (1) The dreamer has many wishes. (2) The dreamer is frivolous and uncontrollable when angry. (3) The dreamer is happy. (4) The dreamer is superstitious and draws an evil omen from certain things.
• Flying: Travelling. The best dream in this section is that in which the flying is in the direction of the Qiblah, the place toward which worshipers turn their faces when they pray. At first, it was Al-Aqsa Mosque in Al-Quds (Jerusalem), and now it is Mecca (Makkah).