Fish Dream Explanation
— There are contradictory views about the sight of fish
in a dream. In many cases, it means money and abundant means; for certain interpreters, it means worries, sorrow, disease, saddening news, and death where the fish
was seen in the dream, in view of a fish’s unpleasant smell, high cost, and lifeless body. But in the opinion of the author of this book, this could not apply to fish
seen alive in the water, just caught and fresh, or well cooked. In general:
symbolize the ruler’s minister (s), because the sea is a king and the fish
• Catching a huge fish: The tyrant will perish.
• Catching big fish: Welfare and benefit.
• Catching small fish: The end of pleasure and benefits or sorrow of all kinds, because small ones have more bones.
• If the number offish could be identified: Women.
• According to Al-Nabulsi, up to four fish
mean women, more than four acquisitions and money.
• Fishing in the water: Will hear something pleasant.
• Catching live fish
from the sea or anywhere and eating it: Will score benefits.
• Catching fish
from the seabed: (1) Will excel in one’s craftsmanship or art, achieving windfall gains and reaping all kinds of benefits. (2) Will receive money from kings and sultans or become a spy.
• Finding in one’s custody big and small fish: The dreamer cares for marriage ceremonies and other happy occasions as well as funerals and whatever brings people together, be they good or bad.
• Finding in one’s custody fish
with a human or birdlike appearance. Will be acquainted with merchants, people who come and go by road or by sea, translators who have mastered many a foreign language, or persons with high morals. However, their character will depend on the beauty or ugliness of the creatures seen in the dream.
• Owning fish
or similar animals of the type that are raised at home for decoration or other purposes, such as the tortoise or the sheatfish or catfish: Will be good to orphans and strangers and shelter them.
• Many, innumerable fish: Snatched money or war spoils or money earnt the hard way.
• Seeing in the sea or near riverbed an assembly of big and tender fish
and catching, eating, or distributing them at will: Plenty of financial conquests inasmuch as the dreamer has caught something and will do with it exactly as he did in the dream: eating, dividing, hoarding, et cetera.
• Catching plenty of big fish
with tender meat: Wealth and booty.
• For Al-Nabulsi plenty of fish
means an ugly booty or acquisition and abundant wealth from a king, dangerous to accept in view of that king’s difficult accountability.
• Seeing a gathering of big and small fish: Good dream, which heralds welfare.
• Finding pearls in a fish’s stomach: Woman will give the dreamer a male child or two or more, as many as there were pearls.
• Finding a ring in a fish’s stomach: Will obtain a high position and have abundant means.
• Taking grease from the stomach of a fish: A woman will give money and other benefits to the hero of the dream.
• Catching one or two tender fish: Will conquer the heart of one or two women.
• Catching salted fish
, especially small ones: Trouble and worries emanating from kings or powerful parties.
• Catching fish
with plenty of bones and scales: Silver or gold that is well guarded, unattainable, or inaccessible.
• Catching a fish
that has a natural weapon: (1) Will triumph over enemies. (2) Will befriend evil people.
• Catching invaluable fish: Goods belonging to merchants.
• Eating salted fish: Trouble and hard times.
• For some people, dreaming of salted fish
translates into money and other benefits, as salt is a preserving substance.
• Grilled salted fish: A journey in search of knowledge or wisdom, in view of the verse in the Holy Quran that says: “And when they reached the point where the two met, they forgot their fish
.” (“Al-Kahf’ [The Cave], verse 61.)
• Tender grilled fish: (1) Gains and benefits, in view of the story of Jesus Christ and the fish
. (2) Prayers will be heard. (3) Enormous welfare, in case the dreamer is a pious person; otherwise it means punishment.
• Grilled fish
falling from the sky: A sign that prayers will be heard and that the dreamer will beat his enemies and be promoted.
• Rolling small fish
in wheat and frying them in melted grease: Will enter a useful business, spend honest money on it, and make a profit through hard work, then savour the particular taste of such money.
• Fried fish: Prayers will be heard.
• Eating live fish: Will become a ruler or get a kingly position.
• Eating, together with one’s servant, from both sides of the same fish: The servant is a traitor and a thief.
• A fish
coming out of the dreamer’s mouth: Will say something wrong about a woman.
• A fish
coming out of the dreamer’s penis: Birth of a girl.
• A living, tender, and lively fish: A slave or a maiden.
• Fishing on land: (1) Will commit a grave sin. (2) Good tidings or prosperity.
• Fishing in clear, pristine water: (1) Welfare. (2) A son will be born happy.
• Fishing in troubled water: Strong pain and sorrow.
• Fishing in a container with troubled water: Nothing good anyway.
• Catching fish
from a well: (1) The dreamer is or will become a sodomite. (2) The dreamer will run after someone’s female servant or maiden girl.
• In general, fish
with tender scales means complications and slowness in whatever is being processed in people’s favour.
• For a deceiver, fish
with tender scales: Successful designs. Deceit will be concealed and he will wickedly and stealthily get hold of people’s assets.
• Long fish
without scales (or any similar creatures): Bad or unsuccessful deeds or endeavours, fatigue, and desires that are not fulfilled, because such fish
is slippery and eerie.
in water sources or springs: Good augury.
• Dead fish
in the sea: Bad omen. It specifically means that a plea will not be responded to.
• A dead fish
in one’s bed: Bad omen for a sailor.
in one’s bed while travelling by sea: A rough voyage is ahead during the course of which the dreamer might drown (because he has shared the fish’s bed).
• Barbel fish (Cyprinus bynni): Good omen for someone seeking marriage or partnership.
• A patient seeing fish: Hardships (as humidity and water exacerbate pain).
• Buying a fish
from a merchant: Will buy a slave girl or marry.
• Eating a rotten fish
and leaving aside sound and tasty food: Will have prohibited sex and turn away from legitimate women.
• Trying to catch fish
from a basin or a pond, which ultimately escape: The dreamer’s rival or adversary is coveting and trying to deny his claim to his own money, and it will take a very vicious dispute to re-establish the dreamer’s rights.
• Seeing a fish
in a pond with its mouth wide open: Will go to jail.
moving from sea water to fresh water and vice versa: (1) Hypocrisy, intrigue, or a rebellion in the army. (2) Public controversy over unclear events. (3) Innovation or heresy.
floating on the water surface: (1) Things will go easier. (2) Someone far away will come closer. (3) Whatever is concealed will appear, even if it is an inheritance.
• The sea opening itself, exposing its bed, and the hero of the dream taking whatever fish
or jewels he wants from it: The doors of God’s hidden sciences will be open, ajar to the dreamer; he will be acquainted with the unknown and the secrets of religion and follow the right path, to his great advantage. If the fish
jump back into the sea, he will familiarize himself with the rulers, who will uncover their secrets exclusively to him. If he intends to travel, he will find the best companions and have a safe journey both ways.
• Seeing fish
that look like an island (whales?): Will achieve gains through Jihad (holy struggle) under the leadership of a good prince (or commander), especially if the dreamer had extracted some grease from the eye of that fish
or if he had eaten from its meat.
• Eating fish
before it is properly prepared: Will slander people, embezzle, become an adulterer, or contract a serious disease without fever, such as paralysis or hemiplegia.
• Finding fish
on the ground: (1) Will no longer earn one’s living by plying the seas, but by travelling by land. (2) Will have durable wealth and useful knowledge and enjoy self-sufficiency. (3) Will bring together his family and relatives or will have a family reunion.
• Any fish
with a human appearance: A reference to those who earn their living in the water, such as professional swimmers, divers, sailors, bath attendants, et cetera.
Salted Fish Dream Explanation
— Salted fish
whether small or big symbolise grief and sorrow caused by a perbond servants, subordinates or brother.
Fresh Fish Dream Explanation
— If they are huge and many they symbolise wealth and assets from the one who acquires them. If small and many it means he will be afflicted with grief and sorrow. If one or two, they represent one or two women from who he will derive benefit.
Fish restaurant Dream Explanation
— (See Seafood restaurant)
Stuffed fish Dream Explanation
— (See Stuffed turkey)
Fillets of Fresh Fish Dream Explanation
— If the fillets, fat or skin of fresh fish
is eaten or acquired by a person it means he will acquire wealth and assets from someone. Perhaps from some authority or woman.
Fishery Dream Explanation
— (Fresh seafood) A fresh fish
salesman in a dream represents a jeweler, one who earns lawful money, knowledge, strive, trickery, exposing secrets or defamation. To buy a fresh fish
in a dream also may mean getting married. (Also see Seafood restaurant)
Kohl Dream Explanation
— (Eye makeup; Makeup) Kohl in a dream represents money and clarity. If one is given some powdered kohl in a dream, it means money. If a righteous and Allah-fearing person places kohl on someone's eyes
in a dream, it means blessings and guidance. Finding a container of kohl in a dream means receiving money. Smearing one's eyes
with kohl in a dream means becoming more religious. If a blind person smears his eyes
with kohl in a dream, it means that he will miraculously recover his sight. If one smears his eyes
with a silver-white powdered mixture or antimony in a dream, it means that he will have two wives. If one coats his eyelids with butter or lather in a dream, it means that he is pursuing an unlawful heterosexual, or a loathsome homosexual relationship. Beautifying children's eyes
with other than kohl or antimony in a dream means molesting them. If one uses kohl as medicine for his eyes
in a dream, it means that he will correct his religious performance and commit his life to a allahly cause. If his intention is made to beautify himself with kohl in the dream, it means that he is seeking material success, or worldly promotion. If someone smears one's eyes
with kohl to the degree of blinding him in the dream, it means that he will defraud him of some money. If a virgin girl or a widow places kohl over her eyelids in a dream, it means her marriage. Coating or encrusting one's eyes
with blood or ashes in a dream means corruption and a non-acceptable marriage, or an illegal marriage. (Also see Makeup)
Eye Dream Explanation
— The eye represents the person’s vision and discrimination between right and wrong. It also symbolizes money and children, as they are as dear as the eyes
. The black eye refers to religion, the blue religious violation, and the green a religion different from all others.
• Having several eyes
in the body: Excessive virtue and religion.
• Dreaming that one’s stomach has been opened and finding an eye in it: The dreamer is a hypocrite.
• Dreaming that one’s eyes
are those of a stranger: The dreamer will go blind and be guided by someone else.
• Dreaming that one’s eyes
are those of an identified person: The dreamer will marry that person’s daughter and benefit from him.
• Dreaming that one’s eyes
are gone: The dreamer’s children will die.
• A person in a foreign land dreaming that he is completely blind: He will stay abroad till he dies.
• Seeing one’s eyes
made of iron: The dreamer will be in deep trouble and the center of a scandal.
• Opening one’s eyes
to see a certain person: That person will look into the dreamer’s plea and help him.
• Staring angrily at someone: The dreamer will have spite for that person.
• Hearing with one’s eyes
and seeing with one’s ears: The dreamer is inciting his family and daughter to commit sins.
• Seeing the eye of a man or an animal in one’s palm: The dreamer will get plenty of money.
• Looking at an eye and liking it: The dreamer will do something harmful to his religion.
• The heart having an eye or eyes: Religious devotion inasmuch as they were bright.
• Squinting: The dreamer is eyeing women with lust.
• Dreaming that one’s eyes
have been pierced: The dreamer will lose someone or something very dear.
• Seeing something white in or around the pupil of the eye or a kind of screen: Trouble, deep worries, losses, and loss of aspirations.
• An absent relative returning blind: The dreamer will die.
• Having “the black water” (glaucoma) in the eyes
and being unable to see anything: The dreamer is shameless because, says Ibn Siren, the eye is the center of decency and shame.
• One’s eye becoming dim: The dreamer is eyeing a friendly woman indecently.
• Having weak eyesight: (1) The dreamer needs people’s help and is going adrift. (2) The dreamer’s children will be ill.
• The eyes
falling on one’s knees: Death of a brother and a son or any two other dear persons.
• Seeing a slave girl (the word in Arabic meaning “A running one”) or a couple of eyes
flying rapidly in the sky: Will make money from business or a craft.
Aquarium Dream Explanation
— (See Fish)
Trout Dream Explanation
— (See Fish)
Whale Dream Explanation
— (Fish; Jonah; Sea life) In a dream, a whale represents an oath, the temple of righteous people and the prayer mat of the devotees. Seeing a whale in a dream also means strains, depression, loss of rank, or a growing anger. Seeing the whale which swallowed Allah's prophet Jonah (uwbp) in a dream means dispelling one's fears, prosperity for a poor person and the coming relief for someone in distress. In a dream, a whale also represents the chief minister of sea life, while the ocean represents the king or the ruler. (Also see Fish)
Mucous Dream Explanation
— (Blear-eyed; Discharge of the eyes; Rheum) To see one's eyes
dimmed with foul discharges, or to see oneself blear-eyed in a dream means gazing at what is unlawful, becoming apathetic toward evil people, or suffering from financial difficulties, and for a woman it means inability to conceive children.