Fish Dream Explanation
— There are contradictory views about the sight of fish
in a dream. In many cases, it means money and abundant means; for certain interpreters, it means worries, sorrow, disease, saddening news, and death where the fish
was seen in the dream, in view of a fish’s unpleasant smell, high cost, and lifeless body. But in the opinion of the author of this book, this could not apply to fish
seen alive in the water, just caught and fresh, or well cooked. In general:
symbolize the ruler’s minister (s), because the sea is a king and the fish
• Catching a huge fish: The tyrant will perish.
• Catching big fish: Welfare and benefit.
• Catching small fish: The end of pleasure and benefits or sorrow of all kinds, because small ones have more bones.
• If the number offish could be identified: Women.
• According to Al-Nabulsi, up to four fish
mean women, more than four acquisitions and money.
• Fishing in the water: Will hear something pleasant.
• Catching live fish
from the sea or anywhere and eating it: Will score benefits.
• Catching fish
from the seabed: (1) Will excel in one’s craftsmanship or art, achieving windfall gains and reaping all kinds of benefits. (2) Will receive money from kings and sultans or become a spy.
• Finding in one’s custody big and small fish: The dreamer cares for marriage ceremonies and other happy occasions as well as funerals and whatever brings people together, be they good or bad.
• Finding in one’s custody fish
with a human or birdlike appearance. Will be acquainted with merchants, people who come and go by road or by sea, translators who have mastered many a foreign language, or persons with high morals. However, their character will depend on the beauty or ugliness of the creatures seen in the dream.
• Owning fish
or similar animals of the type that are raised at home for decoration or other purposes, such as the tortoise or the sheatfish or catfish: Will be good to orphans and strangers and shelter them.
• Many, innumerable fish: Snatched money or war spoils or money earnt the hard way.
• Seeing in the sea or near riverbed an assembly of big and tender fish
and catching, eating, or distributing them at will: Plenty of financial conquests inasmuch as the dreamer has caught something and will do with it exactly as he did in the dream: eating, dividing, hoarding, et cetera.
• Catching plenty of big fish
with tender meat: Wealth and booty.
• For Al-Nabulsi plenty of fish
means an ugly booty or acquisition and abundant wealth from a king, dangerous to accept in view of that king’s difficult accountability.
• Seeing a gathering of big and small fish: Good dream, which heralds welfare.
• Finding pearls in a fish’s stomach: Woman will give the dreamer a male child or two or more, as many as there were pearls.
• Finding a ring in a fish’s stomach: Will obtain a high position and have abundant means.
• Taking grease from the stomach of a fish: A woman will give money and other benefits to the hero of the dream.
• Catching one or two tender fish: Will conquer the heart of one or two women.
• Catching salted fish
, especially small ones: Trouble and worries emanating from kings or powerful parties.
• Catching fish
with plenty of bones and scales: Silver or gold that is well guarded, unattainable, or inaccessible.
• Catching a fish
that has a natural weapon: (1) Will triumph over enemies. (2) Will befriend evil people.
• Catching invaluable fish: Goods belonging to merchants.
• Eating salted fish: Trouble and hard times.
• For some people, dreaming of salted fish
translates into money and other benefits, as salt is a preserving substance.
• Grilled salted fish: A journey in search of knowledge or wisdom, in view of the verse in the Holy Quran that says: “And when they reached the point where the two met, they forgot their fish
.” (“Al-Kahf’ [The Cave], verse 61.)
• Tender grilled fish: (1) Gains and benefits, in view of the story of Jesus Christ and the fish
. (2) Prayers will be heard. (3) Enormous welfare, in case the dreamer is a pious person; otherwise it means punishment.
• Grilled fish
falling from the sky: A sign that prayers will be heard and that the dreamer will beat his enemies and be promoted.
• Rolling small fish
in wheat and frying them in melted grease: Will enter a useful business, spend honest money on it, and make a profit through hard work, then savour the particular taste of such money.
• Fried fish: Prayers will be heard.
• Eating live fish: Will become a ruler or get a kingly position.
• Eating, together with one’s servant, from both sides of the same fish: The servant is a traitor and a thief.
• A fish
coming out of the dreamer’s mouth: Will say something wrong about a woman.
• A fish
coming out of the dreamer’s penis: Birth of a girl.
• A living, tender, and lively fish: A slave or a maiden.
• Fishing on land: (1) Will commit a grave sin. (2) Good tidings or prosperity.
• Fishing in clear, pristine water: (1) Welfare. (2) A son will be born happy.
• Fishing in troubled water: Strong pain and sorrow.
• Fishing in a container with troubled water: Nothing good anyway.
• Catching fish
from a well: (1) The dreamer is or will become a sodomite. (2) The dreamer will run after someone’s female servant or maiden girl.
• In general, fish
with tender scales means complications and slowness in whatever is being processed in people’s favour.
• For a deceiver, fish
with tender scales: Successful designs. Deceit will be concealed and he will wickedly and stealthily get hold of people’s assets.
• Long fish
without scales (or any similar creatures): Bad or unsuccessful deeds or endeavours, fatigue, and desires that are not fulfilled, because such fish
is slippery and eerie.
in water sources or springs: Good augury.
• Dead fish
in the sea: Bad omen. It specifically means that a plea will not be responded to.
• A dead fish
in one’s bed: Bad omen for a sailor.
in one’s bed while travelling by sea: A rough voyage is ahead during the course of which the dreamer might drown (because he has shared the fish’s bed).
• Barbel fish (Cyprinus bynni): Good omen for someone seeking marriage or partnership.
• A patient seeing fish: Hardships (as humidity and water exacerbate pain).
• Buying a fish
from a merchant: Will buy a slave girl or marry.
• Eating a rotten fish
and leaving aside sound and tasty food: Will have prohibited sex and turn away from legitimate women.
• Trying to catch fish
from a basin or a pond, which ultimately escape: The dreamer’s rival or adversary is coveting and trying to deny his claim to his own money, and it will take a very vicious dispute to re-establish the dreamer’s rights.
• Seeing a fish
in a pond with its mouth wide open: Will go to jail.
moving from sea water to fresh water and vice versa: (1) Hypocrisy, intrigue, or a rebellion in the army. (2) Public controversy over unclear events. (3) Innovation or heresy.
floating on the water surface: (1) Things will go easier. (2) Someone far away will come closer. (3) Whatever is concealed will appear, even if it is an inheritance.
• The sea opening itself, exposing its bed, and the hero of the dream taking whatever fish
or jewels he wants from it: The doors of God’s hidden sciences will be open, ajar to the dreamer; he will be acquainted with the unknown and the secrets of religion and follow the right path, to his great advantage. If the fish
jump back into the sea, he will familiarize himself with the rulers, who will uncover their secrets exclusively to him. If he intends to travel, he will find the best companions and have a safe journey both ways.
• Seeing fish
that look like an island (whales?): Will achieve gains through Jihad (holy struggle) under the leadership of a good prince (or commander), especially if the dreamer had extracted some grease from the eye of that fish
or if he had eaten from its meat.
• Eating fish
before it is properly prepared: Will slander people, embezzle, become an adulterer, or contract a serious disease without fever, such as paralysis or hemiplegia.
• Finding fish
on the ground: (1) Will no longer earn one’s living by plying the seas, but by travelling by land. (2) Will have durable wealth and useful knowledge and enjoy self-sufficiency. (3) Will bring together his family and relatives or will have a family reunion.
• Any fish
with a human appearance: A reference to those who earn their living in the water, such as professional swimmers, divers, sailors, bath attendants, et cetera.
Salted Fish Dream Explanation
— Salted fish
whether small or big symbolise grief and sorrow caused by a perbond servants, subordinates or brother.
Fresh Fish Dream Explanation
— If they are huge and many they symbolise wealth and assets from the one who acquires them. If small and many it means he will be afflicted with grief and sorrow. If one or two, they represent one or two women from who he will derive benefit.
Fish restaurant Dream Explanation
— (See Seafood restaurant)
Stuffed fish Dream Explanation
— (See Stuffed turkey)
Fillets of Fresh Fish Dream Explanation
— If the fillets, fat or skin of fresh fish
is eaten or acquired by a person it means he will acquire wealth and assets from someone. Perhaps from some authority or woman.
Fishery Dream Explanation
— (Fresh seafood) A fresh fish
salesman in a dream represents a jeweler, one who earns lawful money, knowledge, strive, trickery, exposing secrets or defamation. To buy a fresh fish
in a dream also may mean getting married. (Also see Seafood restaurant)
Cookware Dream Explanation
— (See Bowl; Pot)
Soup Dream Explanation
— Sopped bread with meat and broth or soup in a dream represent man's livelihood. The amount of food one eats from a bowl
of soup represents the portion of life one has spent, and the balance in the bowl
represents what is left. Looking at a bowl
of soup and being afraid to eat from it in the dream means longevity which is accompanied with comfort and ease. Eating fat-free soup in a dream means wishing for death because of one's poverty or illness. Soup with bread but without meat in a dream represents a high ranking position without benefits. Eating a lion's soup in a dream means presiding over heartless and inhumane people, along with mistrust and fears. Eating a dog's soup in a dream means presiding over a loathsome and a despicable business, working with evil people and earning black profits. If the soup has no fat in the dream, it means deprivation, poverty and humiliation. Eating the sopped bread of such soup means death. Eating a falcon's or eagle's soup in a dream means taking a business trip, or making profits out of ignorant people who unwillingly submit to their losses.
Aquarium Dream Explanation
— (See Fish)
Trout Dream Explanation
— (See Fish)
Toilet Dream Explanation
— (Lavatory) In a dream, a toilet means relief from distress, satisfying one's innate needs, a bathhouse, taking a ritual ablution, a place where one's secrets are exposed, a place where one hides his money, a treasury, a coffer, a rest room, or a place to reflect. Washing the toilet's floor in a dream means becoming poor. A flooded toilet in a dream means distress, pregnancy, or prosperity. To fall into a toilet in a dream means imprisonment. Pouring honey or milk into the toilet bowl
, or urinating blood in a dream means sodomizing. Looking into the toilet bowl
and finding blood in it in a dream implies that one engages in the forbidden sexual intercourse with his wife during her menstrual period. A toilet in a dream also represents a guard. (Also see Bathroom)
Whale Dream Explanation
— (Fish; Jonah; Sea life) In a dream, a whale represents an oath, the temple of righteous people and the prayer mat of the devotees. Seeing a whale in a dream also means strains, depression, loss of rank, or a growing anger. Seeing the whale which swallowed Allah's prophet Jonah (uwbp) in a dream means dispelling one's fears, prosperity for a poor person and the coming relief for someone in distress. In a dream, a whale also represents the chief minister of sea life, while the ocean represents the king or the ruler. (Also see Fish)