Dog Dream Explanation
— According to Ibn Siren, dream interpreters disagree on what a dog
represents in dreams. Some of them regard it as a slave or a servant, others as a despot, a terrible person, and a slanderer, if it barks. The black dog
is an Arab. On the other hand, a dog
could also mean a weak enemy with little chivalry, if any. The she-dog is a mean woman. If she bites, such a woman would harm the dreamer. If a dog
tears the dreamer’s clothes, it would mean that a low man would backbite him. For Al-Nabulsi, the dog
symbolizes a policeman of low rank, a gate-man, or a guardian, a niggardly person, a weak enemy, and a stupid, profligate, and aggressive man who never hesitates to commit foolish or criminal acts, especially if it barks; it would mean that he has an awful temper, that he is terrible. The dog
is also a harbinger of fever, in view of the terrible disease Al-Shiira Al-Yamaneyyah (literally translated, it means the Yemeni hair; probably hirsutism or hypertrichosis, more popularly known as the werewolf phenomenon, which had a correlation not with the full moon, but with Al-Shiira Al-Yamaneyyah, which was also the name of Sirius, a star of the constellation called the Greater Dog
, or Canis Major, which is the brightest star in the heavens). It could also be a sign of apostasy, atheism, or despair in God’s mercy and scepticism about His messages. All dogs, in general, symbolize the worldly persons (perhaps because, in Arabic, whereas the word kalb means “dog,” takalub means “to rush madly upon; to contend for”), as well as the humble, submissive people, the beggars, or the lads who go from door to door. In abstract terms, dogs are the incarnation of meanness, lowliness, villainy, and humiliation or humility with everlasting affection for the master and care for the latter’s money and children or in-laws. All kinds of dogs refer to wicked persons.
• Taking a dog: Will befriend a servant and love him very much.
• Taking or befriending a dog: Deviation, work stoppage, and the squandering of money.
• Being bitten or scratched by one’s dog: (1) Will encounter disaster sustain harm, and face hardships caused by a friend or a servant. (2) Will be harmed by one’s enemy as much as there was pain. (3) The dreamer might fall ill.
• A dog
tearing one’s clothes: A silly individual is backbiting you. If no barking was heard, it means that an enemy has silently laid a trap.
• A female dog (or bitch): (1) A proliferative woman keen on preserving her husband; (2) A mean woman of low origin whose folks are troublemakers.
• A puppy is a beloved son. If he is white, it means the boy is a genuine worshiper. If black, he will prevail over his folk. In other interpretations: A puppy is the waif of a profligate or the product of adultery that the dreamer will find and raise.
• A domestic dog: An unjust and dangerous enemy.
• Seeing a saluki or greyhound: The dreamer is loyal and helpful to the sultan, who will give him a province and make him rich. The saluki is a man one can rely upon in winning a victory over his enemies, but he is mean and has no chivalry or gentlemanliness.
• Seeing a Chinese dog: Will mix with foreigners, non-Muslims.
• A hunting dog: Richness, high rank, and prestige.
• Hunting with dogs: Will achieve one’s objectives and satisfy inner passions.
• Seeing hunting dogs going out on a hunting trip: (1) Good dream for all people. (2) Movement and action.
• Seeing hunting dogs entering a city: Unemployment.
• Seeing hunting dogs returning from an expedition: (1) Unemployment. (2) The end of fear.
• A sheepdog: (1) The dreamer will obtain certain benefits from the king or chief. (2) A good neighbour who is keen on preserving your interests as much as he does his own.
• Dogs of the type that guard houses: Man’s wife and property are being safeguarded. If those dogs look weak, it means sickness and losses.
• The dogs appearing enraged and barking ferociously: Harm and deceit will befall the dreamer from evil people.
• Dogs that are adopted as pets for entertainment and physical pleasure (caresses, et cetera) symbolize prosperity and good living; anything bad that would happen to them in the dream could have an adverse effect on such a good living in reality, along with sorrow and the disappearance of pleasure.
• Water dogs (otters) refer to bad men or unfulfilled wishes and actions that do not culminate in success.
• Turning into a dog: God has given you a great knowledge and withdrawn it from you when you failed to appreciate it.
• A dog
barking to the dreamer: Will hear unpleasant words from an “ungentlemanly” person.
• Killing a dog: Will triumph over enemy.
• Eating dog
meat: Will triumph over enemy and take a bite at his money.
• Drinking dog
• Using a dog
as a pillow: The dog
is a friend who will prove useful and whom the dreamer will be proud of.
• Being accompanied by a dog: Disappearance, in view of the story of Ahlel Kahf (The Companions of the Cave), in the Holy Quran. (“Al-Kahf” [The Cave], chapter 18.)
• Seeing the dog
of Ahlel Kahf, whose name was believed to be Qitmir: Fear, prison, or evasion.
• Seeing the dog
of Ahlel Kahf in another country: The ruler or the regime will be changed.
Police dog Dream Explanation
— (See Dog)
Shepherd's dog Dream Explanation
— (See Dog)
Dog star Dream Explanation
— (astr. See Dog)
Hunting dog Dream Explanation
— (Lust; Desire; Want. See Dog)
A Dog that Attacks Dream Explanation
— If a dog
is seen attacking and biting a person it means that the harm caused by his enemy ill not be confined to unpleasant words only but bodily harm as well.
A Barking Dog Dream Explanation
— It symblises a person of mean character who will utter unpleasant words.
Training or Holding a Dog Dream Explanation
— Training or holding a dog
so as to safeguard a certain thing means he will be helped by someone in attaining his goal. In this case the dog
does not symbolise an enemy.
Eating Dog Meat Dream Explanation
— Eating dog
meat means he will over power his enemy as well as acquire assets form him.
A Dog Ripping the Clothes Dream Explanation
— If a dog
is seen attacking and ripping a perbond clothes it means that his enemy will humiliate him. The humiliation will be equaled to the extent of the clothes it had ripped.
Nail Dream Explanation
— Human nails
symbolize the person’s power in this world. Proportionate nails
indicate piety and wise living. White nails
mean that the dreamer has the ability to grasp and memorize very quickly. Long and beautiful nails
mean money, clothes, the preparation of weapons to face the enemies, or the mustering of evidence and money to confront them and ward off their evil. The metallic nail that one knocks with a hammer represents a prince, a successor, or a man who helps people achieve their aims. It is also a harbinger of marriage. Many nails
is a sign of power and benefits. Many nails
is an allusion to soldiers and aides or to people who befriend debauchees. They could also refer to a limited amount of silver coins or money. Swallowing nails
means that the dreamer is repressing his anger.
• Having long nails: Worries and troubles.
• Having nails
so long that they may break: The dreamer is abusing his power to such an extent as to ruin everything.
• Treating something with one’s nails: Swindling.
• Filing or smoothing one’s nails: The dreamer is paying the zakat (Muslim religious dues) on Eid-ul-Fitr (the Bairam feast).
• An old man ordering the dreamer to polish his nails: For his endeavours to succeed the dreamer should take care of his appearance and preserve his prestige.
• Any ailment in the nails: Waning power and decaying piety and livelihood.
• Having no nails: The dreamer is bankrupt.
• All nails
being broken or turning green without any dye: Death is near.
Nail Dream Explanation
— (Fastener) In a dream, a nail represents a commander or a governor. A nail in a dream also represents attainment of one's goal. Fastening a nail to a piece of wood in a dream means getting married. Nails
in a dream also could represent an army, and they could signify strength and benefits. Swallowing nails
in a dream means swallowing one's anger. Nails
in a dream also represent someone who associates with evil people.
Dig Dream Explanation
— Digging symbolizes sly backbiting, wasted speech, or simple endeavours. The gravedigger is a prestigious and awesome man.
• Digging in the grave of a holy man with one’s nails: The dreamer is endeavouring to follow the path of the deceased.
• Digging in the grave of the Muslims Holy Prophet with one’s nails: The dreamer will refresh his memory about the Sunnah (Muhammad’s Tradition) and will benefit many people. If he reaches the body it is a bad omen. If he breaks any of the Prophet’s limbs, he will be lost and turn heretic.
• Going to a grave and digging the earth with one’s nails
or trying to unearth the dead: Will probe the life of the dead dwelling in that grave to follow his pattern.
• Trying to unearth one’s body: The dreamer is a materialist, running after worldly matters, and will succeed only if he managed to disinter the corpse.
• An animal digging the earth or soil in one’s yard with its pawns or hooves: Beware of an enemy.
• Digging with one’s nails
in an inappropriate place: The dreamer is after something very difficult.
• Digging a grave or a pit for oneself or somebody else: (1) Will build a house. (2) Will settle in that area.
• Digging a grave on a surface: Will live long.
• Digging in a grave with one’s nails
to find a living person emerging from it: Welfare and joy, especially if the dreamer is a virtuous person. He would have the best of two worlds.
Five fingers Dream Explanation
— (Hand) In a dream, the fingers of the right hand represent the daily five time prayers. The thumb represents the pre-dawn prayer, the index represents the midday prayer, the middle finger
represents the mid-afternoon prayer, the ring finger
represents the sunset prayer, and the little finger
represents the evening prayer. As for the fingers of the left hand in a dream, they are interpreted to represent one's nephews. To cross or intertwine one's fingers in a dream means difficulties and poverty. (Also see Body; Fingers; Thimble)