Incest Dream Explanation
— Also see Sex and Sodomy.
• A reference to an illegitimate birth.
• Marrying a relative whom Islam prohibits: Will prevail over one’s family.
• Sodomizing one’s father: Will oust him from the country or be hostile to him.
• Having sex with one’s father
or mother without ejaculation: Will be good to him or her. If the dream had ended with an orgasm, it would mean the reverse.
• A man dreaming or someone dreaming of him that he is having sex with his mother, sister, brother, or similar prohibited relations seen as dead in the dream: He is not supporting them as he should, but will change his attitude and become fair. It could also mean trouble and worries or, on the contrary, benefit to both parties. If they are seen to be alive in the dream, he does not have much affection for them. In case he dreamed that the act took place during the Muslims sacred months, he would go to Mecca (Makkah) for the pilgrimage.
• Making love to one’s mother known to be dead in the dream: Will meet her if she is alive.
• Making love to one’s dead mother: The dreamer will die, because mother is synonym for earth.
• Having sex with one’s mother in her grave: Death.
• A traveller dreaming that he is making love to his mother: Will return to her from his journey.
• A poor man or a person whose mother is wealthy dreaming that he is having sex with her: (1) Will obtain all that he wishes from her. (2) She will die and he will inherit from her.
• A sick man dreaming of having sex with his mother: Will recover.
• Making love to one’s living mother: (1) Will be inimical to the father
. (2) If the father
is ill: The father
will die and the son will look after his mother as a son and a husband. (3) If the son is hostile to his mother: She will show him love and affection. (4) The dreamer is good-natured, for nature is the mother of mankind. (5) If the son is involved in a feud over some property or a piece of land and is trying to purchase it: He will win. (6) If the son is a farmer or peasant: Bad omen, because he would be sowing the seeds in the dead earth where they would not grow.
• Making love to one’s mother without passion despite her responsiveness: The dreamer will leave the country by his own free will.
• Making love to one’s mother without passion, then being cold-shouldered: The dreamer will flee his home place.
• Making love to one’s mother while her face is turned away: (1) Bad dream, meaning that the mother’s countrymen will stop loving and even resent the dreamer. (2) The dreamer will be discredited in the eyes of his countrymen or colleagues. (3) The dreamer will not get whatever he is aiming for.
• Having sex with one’s mother while the dreamer is asleep: Sorrow and hard times are ahead.
• Having sex with one’s mother by introducing the penis between her thighs: Bad dream heralding acute poverty.
• Having sex with one’s mother, who is on top: The dreamer will die, especially if he is already ill, because the earth beneath which the body is buried is called “mother.”
• The same dream by a healthy person could mean that he will be well off throughout his lifetime.
• If, in the sex act, the mother was the operator: The dreamer’s children and money will turn sour, and he will become ill.
• Having sex with one’s little boy: The boy will be ill and some harm will befall the dreamer.
• Having sex with one’s little girl: Same interpretation.
• Having sex with one’s grown-up daughter: The girl will get married, and the father
will generously furnish and equip her new home.
• Having sex with one’s daughter
while she is married to another man: She will be separated from her husband and return to her father’s house.
• A poor man whose daughter
is well off having the same dream means he will get great benefits from his girl.
• A poor man dreaming that he has sex with his young adopted child: Will send the boy to a teacher to seek knowledge.
• A rich man dreaming that he has sex with his young adopted child: Will donate plenty of things to the boy and will write a testament bequeathing all that he owns to the child.
• Having sex with one’s brother (or friend): Will become enemies and the dreamer will be harmed by the latter.
Continuity Dream Explanation
— Continuity of what is common, such as dwellings, status or being in a dream means a lasting job. It also means increase in one's devotion if one sees himself perpetually glorifying, praising and remembering Allah Almighty. When one invokes the sovereign attributes of Allah Almighty at the sight of a cemetery or a ruin, and if he follows that by crying
and lamenting in the dream, it means stress caused by affiliation with such monuments.
Grandfather Dream Explanation
— To become a grandfather in a dream means longevity or earning respect. Seeing one's grandfather in a dream also means enjoying a happy life. A grandfather in one's house in a dream represents one's own father
. Therefore, any interpretation relative to one's father
should apply here. If one's grandfather dies in a dream, it means loss of one's determination and will. (Also see Father)
Mourning the dead Dream Explanation
— (See Lamenting)
Wailing Dream Explanation
— (See Lamenting)
Yowling Dream Explanation
— (See Lamenting; Sound of animals)
Tears Dream Explanation
— (Pearls) In a dream, cold tears mean happiness while warm tears mean sadness. Running tears over one's cheeks without crying
in a dream mean slander that carries weight. Guarded tears in someone's eyes that do not flow over his cheeks in a dream mean storing illegal money, or disguising the unlawful source of one's income which one's adversaries will eventually unveil or expose. If such tears are finally shed in the dream, they mean that one will willingly spend such money, or get rid of it to conceal his act. If one sees tears running from his right eye and entering his left eye in the dream, it means that his son and daughter
may engage in sexual intercourse, and he must immediately separate between their rooms, and teach them about the lawful and the unlawful. Tears which come during yawning in a dream signify payment of an unjust fine. Seeing tears during the daylight time, or under the sun, or in front of a fire in a dream means business losses caused by one of these three elements. Tears in a dream also signify loneliness, leaving one's homeland, or yearning to see one's beloved, or they may represent pearls. (Also see Pearl)
Shock Dream Explanation
— (Blow) A shock that leads to pain, suffering and crying
in a dream means loss of a child or money. (Also see Tremor)
Kidneys Dream Explanation
— (Daughter; Son; Servant. See Body)
Son Dream Explanation
— In a dream, a son may mean a daughter
or a servant.
Joy Dream Explanation
— Joy could symbolize crying
or relief, at face value.
• Dreaming of being merry: Coming sorrow.
• One’s friends appearing joyful: A reference to something sensual or delicious.
Laughing Dream Explanation
— Laughing in a dream means happiness and joy in wakefulness, except if one bursts with a horselaugh or falls over his back from laughing in his dream. If so, then it means crying
. If one's laughter in his dream is caused by a joke, then it denotes his dishonesty. The same goes for laughing by imitation in a dream which means falling into sin. Laughing in a dream also could mean sorrow in wakefulness. Laughing in a dream also means that one will receive news about a newborn son. If one's laughter in a dream is as gentle and soft as a smile, then it denotes his good character and means happiness, or it could denote exactly what he shall see in wakefulness. If one sees the earth laughing in a dream, it means a good harvest in that land. If one sees a deceased person laughing in a dream, it means that he is in paradise, and enjoying the blessings of the hereafter. Laughing in a dream also represents light headedness, frivolity and buoyancy. This is particularly true when it denotes capable people, or people in authority, where laughing in a dream could mean their dismissal from office. (Also see Crying; Laughter)