| |Father Dream Explanation
— (Eyebrow) Seeing one's father
in a dream means attaining one's goal. One's dreams are most beneficial when he sees his parents, grand parents or a relative. Seeing one's father
in a dream when in wakefulness one needs help means that help will come his way from sources he does not anticipate. If in real life he is awaiting someone's return from a journey, it means that such a person will soon arrive. If one is sick, it means that he will recover from his illness. If he sees that his father
is given a dwelling with high fences, it means that he will continue his father's work and manage what he has left for him in this world. (Also see Governor)
Father in-law Dream Explanation
— Having a father
in-law in a dream and particularly for someone who does not have in-laws means strength, peace and tranquillity.
Grandfather Dream Explanation
— To become a grandfather in a dream means longevity or earning respect. Seeing one's grandfather in a dream also means enjoying a happy life. A grandfather in one's house in a dream represents one's own father
. Therefore, any interpretation relative to one's father
should apply here. If one's grandfather dies in a dream, it means loss of one's determination and will. (Also see Father)
Incident Dream Explanation
— A dream interpreter once said: "I saw in a dream a man who was blindfolded with a blue piece of cloth. I asked him: 'Do you know what happened to my father?' The man replied: "Your father
is dead.' Then he took me to may father's grave, where I felt the great loss, and I hugged it, cried, and wailed. When I woke up, I told another dream interpreter, who was a friend of mine, about my dream. He smiled and said: 'Your father's death in the dream means his longevity, and your crying means relief from distress.' I did not accept his interpretation of my dream, for I knew better the meaning of wailing and mourning in a dream. Soon after that, I visited my father
, and my friend proudly reminded me of his interpretation. Later on, I travelled away from home. When I returned to my town, I passed by a graveyard. At the gate stood a woman who was guarding that cemetery and whose eye was bandaged with a blue piece of cloth. I knew her, so I stopped and asked her about the news. She said to me: 'May God grant you a long life. Your father
has passed away.' Then she took me to his grave, and I fell on it, crying and wailing, exactly as I saw in my dream. Thus, my friend's interpretation did not come true, for he has no hand in it."
Incident Dream Explanation
— A man hid his money inside his house and went on a journey. On his way back home, he became sick. The man also owed money to some people, and he thought of telling one of his companions about the place of his money and to ask him to pay his debt, but he aspired for recovery and hoped to return home and pay his debts in person. During his journey, the man died. His son saw him in a dream and asked: "What did God do to you?" The father
replied: "My condition is in abeyance, and it depends on some debts that must be paid first. I have some money hidden in such and such place. Please go and dig them up, pay people what I owe them, and enjoy the rest." In the morning, the son told a friend about his dream and added: "It is a fairy tale!" A few days later, the father
came back to his son in another dream and said: "I have told you about something that will benefit you and that will free me from my limbo, but you failed to do it!" The son woke up in shock and immediately went to the place his father
indicated in the dream. When he dug out the money, he paid his father's debts and benefited from his unanticipated inheritance.
Adam Dream Explanation
of humanity, upon whom be peace. In a dream, Adam represents the elements of sin and repentance. He also represents one's father
or the governor of the land. When seen standing in a noble fashion, Adam also represents attainment and honor. If Adam addresses the person in question in the dream it means that the latter will acquire knowledge. If one becomes Adam or a companion of his and should he qualify for such promotion, it means that he will attain it. Adam also represents the element of temporal existence. Seeing him in a dream also implies understanding, for he was the first to see dreams in this world and to interpret the name of things. Adam also represents reunion with one's family, concerns, forgetfulness and worries.
A Sword with a Broken Handle Dream Explanation
— The father
, paternal uncle or their equivalent will die.
A Sword with a Good or Defective Handle Dream Explanation
— Similar defect or good will become apparent in the father
, uncle or their equivalent.
Cap Dream Explanation
— (Overseas cap; Persian toga; Roman toga; Shawl) In a dream, a cap means travels, a wife who is supporting her husband, or a husband who is supporting his wife. A shawl-like attire that is worn over the head and shoulders in a dream represents honor, valor, a new trade, travel, a brother or a father
. Taking off a cap in a dream means losing one's authority or loss of his wealth. A torn cap in a dream means the death of one's brother or father
. Wearing a cap in a dream also means repayment of one's debts. (Also see Coat; Overcoat)
Gherkins Dream Explanation
— (Cucumber; Small pickle) Gherkins in a dream represent a son who looks like his father
and mother and acts like them. (Also see Pickles; Preserves)
Ibrahim - Abraham Dream Explanation
— Seeing Ibrahim has contradictory interpretations.
• Seeing Ibrahim: (1) A good omen—blessings, worship, and the wisdom of old age. (2) Luck, prosperity, and selflessness. (3) Care for holy shrines. (4) Pious and decent progeny. (5) Promotion of virtue and deterrence from vice. (6) Will go on hajj (pilgrimage to Mecca (Makkah)). (7) Will be severely harmed by an unjust tyrant, then God will make the dreamer triumph over that tyrant and all other enemies. He will shower His blessings on him, and the dreamer will marry a virtuous wife. (8) Father
will abandon family and other relatives to obey and worship God. (9) A reference to the kind father
, because Ibrahim is the father
of Islam and gave that religion its name. (10) Enduring a miserable life to mend fences between others or because of some good deed. (11) Lawmaking. (12) The preservation of moral values and separation from evil companions.
• A woman seeing Ibrahim: Will experience anger and sorrow on the part of her husband because of one of her male children, or the latter will go through hardships, then be saved.
• A father
of many children seeing Ibrahim: One of his boys will divorce.
• Accompanying Ibrahim or walking beside him: (1) The dreamer will get into trouble with foes but emerge victorious and become a just ruler (authoritative man) or an imam (spiritual leader). (2) The dreamer will befriend some folk who will submit him to a hard test on their part.
• Being summoned by Ibrahim and responding promptly: Elevation in life.
• Being called by Ibrahim and failing to respond or the dreamer seeing Ibrahim talking to him with remonstrance's or looking sad: (1) Will fail to perform the pilgrimage to Mecca (Makkah) despite ability to do so. (2) Will abandon prayers. (3) Will backbite the imam. (4) Will behave like a hypocrite.
• An atheist seeing Ibrahim Will embrace Islam.
• A guilty person or a sinner seeing Ibrahim: Will repent.
• A guilty person who had abandoned praying seeing Ibrahim: Will resume that virtuous practice.
• Seeing oneself in the image of Ibrahim or in his costume: (1) Will encounter hardships. (2) Wisdom and prosperity will replace trouble and worries.
Kneading Dough Dream Explanation
— If a person sees himself kneading dough it means he will father
a great many children and his trees will bear excessive fruit and his land will yield plentiful food-but after much toiling and hard work.
Hostel Dream Explanation
— (Inn; Hotel; Lodge; Pub) In a dream, a hostel represents fornication, adultery, temporary marriage for pleasure, renting a space, renting tools or machinery, leasing an area for storage, or renting a garment. If a sick person rents a room in a hostel or an inn on the highway in a dream, it means his death, or it could mean that he will recover from an illness, or dispel anxiety, or take residence in a new country, or it could mean marriage after being single for a long time, or buying a vehicle, finding a money pouch, or something one can sell to help him during his financial crises. A married person resting in a hostel in a dream means that he will beget a son who when he grows will help his father
in his trade and bring him happiness and comfort. If one's child is disobedient, or recalcitrant, it means that he will repent and come back to live under his father
or mother. If a heedless person sees a hostel in a dream, it means that he will find guidance and return to walk on Allah's path. (Also see Hotel)
Jewellry Worn by Women Dream Explanation
— if they are made from gold or silver they symbolise a pleasant life and embellishment for the women, But if they are one or two ankle-rings or bracelets then they represent her husband, brother or father
. The same is the interpretation of a crown although according to some, it presents a king or ruler.
Dough Dream Explanation
— Seeing dough in one's dream heralds many children whom the observer will father
. If he owns fruit trees, it means the trees will bear fruit in abundance.
Kiss Dream Explanation
— • Kissing: (1) Wishes will be fulfilled and matters settled to the dreamer’s satisfaction. (2) Will triumph over enemies.
• Kissing God Almighty: Will kiss the Holy Book or God’s Name.
• Kissing God’s right hand: Will perform the pilgrimage in Mecca (Makkah) and kiss the Black Stone there.
• God kissing the dreamer: His deeds are blessed.
• Kissing a powerful or an authoritative person: Will replace that person.
• Kissing a judge, a king (ruler or boss), or an imam (spiritual leader): That judge, king, or imam will accept the dreamer’s arguments.
• Being kissed by a judge, a chief, or an imam: Will obtain some benefit or recommendation from the latter.
• A kiss from a lady: (1) People’s sympathy and enthusiasm. (2) Greetings from a loved one.
• A kiss from a girl: A cup of wine (or liquor).
• A kiss from an old woman: Apologies for saying something wrong.
• A father
being kissed by a son of his who has reached the age of puberty: The father
will obtain some benefit from the son or from his own father
• A father
kissing his son with sexual passion: The former has amassed money, which he wants to give to the latter. If the kiss was without passion, the father
would obtain benefits and the boy or his mother would fill his life with joy.
• A man dreaming that another man has kissed his eyes: Marriage is ahead.
• Kissing or getting sexually involved or sleeping with a man with pleasure, excitement, and passion: Will have matters settled the way you want. The active partner will obtain whatever he wants from the other, in terms of good deeds, knowledge, or proper enlightenment. If there is no passion, it is the kissed one who will get those things from the active partner.
• Kissing a boy: There is sympathy between the dreamer and the boy’s father
• Kissing a slave or a female servant: Will befriend her owner or employer.
• Kissing a free woman: Will befriend her husband.
• A person kissing the dreamer’s eye: He is a pimp and should fear God.
• Kissing a beloved one on the lips: Will obtain one dinar (big money).
• Kissing a beloved one on the cheek: Will obtain one dirham (a reasonable amount of money).
• A scholar or a savant kissing a beautiful woman: Will read God’s words. If he is rather the worldly type, he will get what he wants from life.
• Kissing or going to bed with a highly sophisticated woman with plenty of makeup, et cetera: Will marry a widow, benefit from her wealth, have children by her, and enjoy a prosperous year.
• Kissing an identified dead person: Will benefit from the latter’s intellectual legacy or money or something he had done during his lifetime.
• Kissing an unidentified dead person: Will acquire money from an undesirable source.
• Being kissed by a dead person: Benefits from the deceased or his heirs.
• Being kissed by an unidentified dead person: Will accept benefits or charity through an undesirable channel or way.
• Being kissed with intense sexual passion by a dead person, whether known or unknown: Matters will be settled the way you want.
• A patient dreaming that he is kissing a dead person: Will pass away.
• A healthy person kissing the dead: The statements the dreamer is making at this time are improper. He had better remain silent. (His words should stop, as the dead have ceased to exist.)
Receiving an Unsheathed Sword Dream Explanation
— if a person sees himself as receiving an unsheathed (naked) sword and he lifts it above his head but does not strike with it, it means he will wield such power as will make him popular; or he will father
a very beautiful girl. Regarding the above dream only Imaam Kirmani (RA) says that a son or brother will be born in the home of the dreamer.
Incest Dream Explanation
— Also see Sex and Sodomy.
• A reference to an illegitimate birth.
• Marrying a relative whom Islam prohibits: Will prevail over one’s family.
• Sodomizing one’s father: Will oust him from the country or be hostile to him.
• Having sex with one’s father
or mother without ejaculation: Will be good to him or her. If the dream had ended with an orgasm, it would mean the reverse.
• A man dreaming or someone dreaming of him that he is having sex with his mother, sister, brother, or similar prohibited relations seen as dead in the dream: He is not supporting them as he should, but will change his attitude and become fair. It could also mean trouble and worries or, on the contrary, benefit to both parties. If they are seen to be alive in the dream, he does not have much affection for them. In case he dreamed that the act took place during the Muslims sacred months, he would go to Mecca (Makkah) for the pilgrimage.
• Making love to one’s mother known to be dead in the dream: Will meet her if she is alive.
• Making love to one’s dead mother: The dreamer will die, because mother is synonym for earth.
• Having sex with one’s mother in her grave: Death.
• A traveller dreaming that he is making love to his mother: Will return to her from his journey.
• A poor man or a person whose mother is wealthy dreaming that he is having sex with her: (1) Will obtain all that he wishes from her. (2) She will die and he will inherit from her.
• A sick man dreaming of having sex with his mother: Will recover.
• Making love to one’s living mother: (1) Will be inimical to the father
. (2) If the father
is ill: The father
will die and the son will look after his mother as a son and a husband. (3) If the son is hostile to his mother: She will show him love and affection. (4) The dreamer is good-natured, for nature is the mother of mankind. (5) If the son is involved in a feud over some property or a piece of land and is trying to purchase it: He will win. (6) If the son is a farmer or peasant: Bad omen, because he would be sowing the seeds in the dead earth where they would not grow.
• Making love to one’s mother without passion despite her responsiveness: The dreamer will leave the country by his own free will.
• Making love to one’s mother without passion, then being cold-shouldered: The dreamer will flee his home place.
• Making love to one’s mother while her face is turned away: (1) Bad dream, meaning that the mother’s countrymen will stop loving and even resent the dreamer. (2) The dreamer will be discredited in the eyes of his countrymen or colleagues. (3) The dreamer will not get whatever he is aiming for.
• Having sex with one’s mother while the dreamer is asleep: Sorrow and hard times are ahead.
• Having sex with one’s mother by introducing the penis between her thighs: Bad dream heralding acute poverty.
• Having sex with one’s mother, who is on top: The dreamer will die, especially if he is already ill, because the earth beneath which the body is buried is called “mother.”
• The same dream by a healthy person could mean that he will be well off throughout his lifetime.
• If, in the sex act, the mother was the operator: The dreamer’s children and money will turn sour, and he will become ill.
• Having sex with one’s little boy: The boy will be ill and some harm will befall the dreamer.
• Having sex with one’s little girl: Same interpretation.
• Having sex with one’s grown-up daughter: The girl will get married, and the father
will generously furnish and equip her new home.
• Having sex with one’s daughter while she is married to another man: She will be separated from her husband and return to her father’s house.
• A poor man whose daughter is well off having the same dream means he will get great benefits from his girl.
• A poor man dreaming that he has sex with his young adopted child: Will send the boy to a teacher to seek knowledge.
• A rich man dreaming that he has sex with his young adopted child: Will donate plenty of things to the boy and will write a testament bequeathing all that he owns to the child.
• Having sex with one’s brother (or friend): Will become enemies and the dreamer will be harmed by the latter.
Eid-Ul-Adha Dream Explanation
— Dreaming of ’Eid-ul-Adha (the Grand Bairam) means the return of joy and escape from danger or death, as that feast marks the saving, by God, of Ismail (Ishmael), whose father
was about to slay him as a sign of obedience to God.
In-laws Dream Explanation
— (Adversities; Benefits; Brother in-law; Distress; Father-in-law; Mothering-law; Profits; Son in-law; Stress) Having in-laws in a dream for someone who does not have in-laws means strength, peace and tranquillity.
| || |